• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Olympus: The Children of Gods [IC]

♧Noa Flores♧
Apprentice of Demeter

Noa hummed, glancing around for a moment before responding. She laughed quietly. "Oh, I hardly ever let my guard down. Let's do our best to remain observant. Whether there's something more to this task or not the objective will probably be the same right?" She smiled, calm and at ease.

This was the sort of challenge she didn't mind taking. "I think the loophole is that the only rule is, you have to find and collect a dragon egg." Her eyes flickered in thought. "Meaning, you can do whatever it takes to get the egg, including battling for it. If you do manage to find the egg, another pair could try to steal it for themselves. We'll have to stay focused and make sure we make it back unnoticed if you're more comfortable with not fighting." She paused. "We also have to make sure the dragon egg is unharmed and makes it back in one piece." Noa blinked, looking a tad sheepish for a moment. "Ah, I went and started rambling. If you don't mind could you tell me a bit about yourself? Do you have any magic or input you think would be useful?"

(Interacting with Capricornus Capricornus [Annabelle])

Jace Andris- Apprentice of Apollo
Jace's motivations were too translucent and Nidelia saw through them easily. He was like a kid who wanted to please his parents except if his parents were gods. Ironic since Jace hadn't felt beholden his actual mother and father. There weren't any morals he felt deserved his respect outside of Mount Olympus. Those were still pending. "Maybe I offered because of our respective gods, or maybe it was because you're the only one who came in with a snow leopard," Jace called back to Nidelia.

But yeah, friendship goals.

His gaze flickered around the table. He reached for something to drink. Maybe he could feel out which apprentices were receptive to team up.

Zeus' announcement was a relief. Now he knew what to expect on the mission. The king of the gods called them cherubs. Was he hanging out with Aphrodite again? Jace tapped the remaining portion of his pomegranate to his chin. He glanced at another boy.

"Jude, right?" Jace inquired. By virtue of also having the first letter of J, Jace felt Jude deserved attention. "What do you think of the mission?"

Nidelia Nidelia RiversEdge RiversEdge

Danny Jackson - Apprentice to Ares

"Oh Victoria isn't as dangerous as she appears to be. In my opinion she's just too attached. She doesn't have a chance with me. I'm surprised she hasn't figured out why yet though." He smirked and continued, "And yes. We can be partners. It's not like anyone else who I'd actually like would want to partner up with me." He glanced over at Jude for a split second before looking back at Hades' Apprentice.

Nidelia SponzeApprentice of Artemis
Nidelia was about to respond to Thea, but then Zilas said something to Thea, so she decided to back out of the conversation, then Zeus announced it was time for the mission. She made a decision to not respond to what Jace said, in order to stuff the rest of her pancakes into her mouth, chew quickly, and swallow, then ran over to Jude, wrapping her arm around his shoulders with a grin. "Hey Jude, you got a partner for the mission today?" she asked with a bright smile. Upon her reacting so quickly, Axel stood up, stretched, and let out a protesting yowl, as he groggily padded over to sit behind her, his blue tipped tail twitching slightly.

[Interaction: Jude RiversEdge RiversEdge
Mention: Thea NanLia NanLia Jace Cross Cross ]

♡ Victoria Pazeratt, Apprentice to Aphrodite ♡

"I was just going to say...there has to be a catch to this. I mean, you know him. If Zeus is running this mission, he's probably thrown in some type of super-deadly monster...remember poor Link and the Hydra?" Several months ago, Zeus had thrown the Apprentices into a swamp to obtain a type of plant that only grows in that swamp. Zeus had also thrown in a hydra. Link, Dionysus's last Apprentice, had been the first to go up against it. If it wasn't for Dionysus's intervention in the form of Flying Wine Bombs, Link would have been killed. That might have set him off for early retirement, come to think about it.

"Also, Sory," she said, making up a nickname for him right there. "You can take those cat ears off. They were cute for a while, but now it's old. And plus, I don't want Hera to get mad at you. Losing Hera's favor is definitely not on the to-do list."

Lost Lost

Last edited:
○Jude Hallows○
Apprentice of Hephaestus

Jude turned, giving Jace a slight shrug. "Well, this isn't really what I was expecting. Not that I'm complaining. But if this is all were doing I hope Zeus isn't going to send us on a wild goose chase for these Dragon eggs-!" He let out a slight grunt as the apprentice of Artemis knocked into him slightly. With a wide grin Jude wrapped his arm around her shoulders as well. "Ha! Well look who's ready for the challenge!" His dark eyes lit up with energy in response to her good mood. "Nah, no partner to speak of. Were you offering hunter?" Jude had a habit of wanting to nickname almost everyone he met.

(Interacting with Cross Cross [Jace Andris] & Nidelia Nidelia [Nidelia Sponze])

Alathea Titania
"Really? That's great!" Alathea beamed at his response, glad that he agreed to be her partner. She was expecting him to demy, having been to used to that response, so she's quite elated to not have been turned down.

"You're going to be a great asset and so will this guy be." She said as she scratched Sabre's ears, causing it to wag its tail happily. "So, do you think we'll be working with or against the other pairs?" She asked her partner, knowing that missions tend to either be a cooperation or a competition. Some times for legitimate reasons and other times for vague ones. Still, she's not one to question the gods.

MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx

Last edited:
Danny Jackson - Apprentice to Ares

"I don't really care," he replied, "As long as I get to do something challenging, fun or interesting, I don't really care." He smiled at Alathea and Sabre. Danny appreciated when people were nice to his gigantic puppy. He took a knife from his ankle sheath and played with it. Being a apprentice of the War God made it so you had to have a weapon with you at all times. He carved into the table with his knife, not caring about what other people thought of him.

"Why yes, yes I am!" she says with a bright and cheerful smile. "On all accounts!" she adds with a genuine laugh, as her brain caught up with all of his question. "And please, call me Nid," she finished, now with a happy and light hearted smile. Jude was Hephaestus' apprentice, which meant he should be much better than she in close combat. "Ah!" she let out, as a harumph came from Axel as he pushed through her legs, toppling her over onto her bum, as he looked Jude up and down.

He looked up at Jude, his icy blue eyes, curiously.

[Interaction: Jude RiversEdge RiversEdge ]

○Jude Hallows○
Apprentice of Hephaestus

Jude grinned, it was nice talking to someone that had a lot of enthusiasm. "Nid huh? Well, if it's what you want then you've got it." It felt felt she had fallen over as soon as he blinked. Jude snickered a bit and shook his head as he caught sight of the leopard. "Looks like your partner forgot to introduce you." He crouched a bit so he was eye level with the animal and introducing himself kindly. "Name's Jude, looks like I'll be your partner's extra partner for today." Jude was a pretty big guy, just looking at him some people think he's a bit intimidating. But he was friendly for the most part.

(Interacting with Nidelia Nidelia [Nidelia Sponze])

Nidelia sighed and rolled her eyes as Axel roared softly and nuzzled his large head against Jude affectionately. "And that is Axel, completely brotherly towards me, and overly affectionate to everyone else," she says with a bit of resentment in her voice. She stood up, brushing herself off, despite there being nothing to brush off. "Shall we?" she asks with a bright smile, as she made sure her bow was still on her back and her quiver was full. She was excited, plus, Jude seemed to be as social as she was, so this was a good fit, or so it seemed right now that is.

[Interaction: Jude RiversEdge RiversEdge ]

☇Zeus, King of the Gods ☇

No further conversation could be made, however, as the King of the Gods spoke up again, his voice overpowering. "It appears you almost all have pairs. Very well then. You will be arriving at the location in 10 seconds. Godspeed." Of course, Zeus didn't tell them how to LEAVE the location. That was for them to figure out.

Immediately the Apprentices felt a tingly feeling, like they were floating. After that, they realized they were, in fact, floating, hovering inches about midair. After that, there was a flash of multicolored light and they were there. Each one found themselves sitting in a patch of grass with their partner. The observant would notice that they were positioned at the edge of an arena, secured in by some sort of force-field.​

Victoria swiftly leaped into action. Taking off at a speed that just might have impressed Hermes, Victoria started into the arena. It was an interesting format- the top was covered with grass and springs, as well as stone buildings that appeared to be no more than ruins, perhaps of temples or government buildings. She leaned against what read in Ancient Greek as 'Temple to Hephaestus.' Calling for Soryll to 'catch up, dammit,' Victoria entered the temple.

The temple was covered wall to wall with a range of swords, hammers, etc. It seemed like it hadn't been touched for a while. What surprised Victoria, though, was the fact that she wasn't alone. There was a man at the other end muttering to himself while rummaging through a chest made of pure gold- it must have been something from the gods. The man had shoulder length brown hair and two gold hoops in his ears. He was wearing a cloak with a red clenched fist emblazoned on the center of the back. The Iron Fist.

Victoria took several steps closer to the Iron Fist member, hoping he wouldn't notice her as she closed the distance.

He did.

Victoria's reaction time was incredible thanks to her Spartan training, but this man was faster than anything she had ever seen. Before she could react fully, he had turned around, leaped towards her, and drew a tonfa from his belt. Victoria could see his face in full now- slightly tanned, with a beard and a scar running over his right eye. She then felt it- the tonfa ramming right into her solar plexus.

The crack came first- the sharp noise of shattered bone. Then the shout of pain- it rang through the temple ruins, echoing from Victoria's throat to her ears. And then there was the thump as Victoria stumbled back, then fell flat on her back.

Lost Lost

♦ Corey West, Apprentice to Hermes ♦

Corey appeared in a completely different location, with Nessa. He smiled, enjoying the outdoors. "Hey, Ness. You want to split up? Or shall we go together?"

@BiIsGreat

○Jude Hallows○
Apprentice of Hephaestus

"Let's get to it." He agreed. Jude's energy seemed to spike when Zues finally got around to it. As they finally were dropped to there location Jude swiftly landed on both feet, taking his large sledgehammer from his back. "Good old Zeus...let's get a good feel for where we are, eh Nid?" He was focused, almost overly so. The excitement of a challenge always got him hyped up. "You have a plan of attack you want to run by me?"

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll fell to his knees as the light cleared, a pained look on his face. He had always hated teleportation: the tingling, the flashing lights, and the relieving of his lunch that usually followed afterwards.

He rose to his feet, and tried his best not to puke as he staggered after Victoria.

As he entered the temple, Soryll saw a man whirl around to face his partner. The young apprentice couldn't help but grin. He felt bad for the crook; after all, he was fighting a Spartan

Then the man moved.

In what was a matter of mere seconds, the Iron Fist member had closed the distance between him and Victoria, and had taken her out. The man then turned his attention to Soryll.

Soryll knew that he wouldn't be able to outrun this man, nor would he leave Victoria if he had the chance. Instead, he pulled out the pouch of sand, and ran towards the man. When he was close enough, he threw the soil at his foe's eyes. If he was lucky, the sand would hit, and level the playing field.

Literally Batman Literally Batman

Victoria was stunned beyond belief. What had happened? How had the man been able to do that? No mortal could move that fast, but Victoria would have sensed if the person was a god or demigod. They couldn't be an Apprentice, as a member of the Iron Fist. What was be? Seeing Soryll, Victorian tried to struggle back to her feet, but fell back down with a rather loud moan. It hurt like all hell.

The man, meanwhile, was caught off guard by the sand. He had expected throwing knives, ninja stars, or something painful. But sand? The man laughed and then was hit in the face with sand. Grabbing at his eyes, he stumbled back, totally disoriented. Evidently be had never fallen at the beach before.

Anabelle - Apprentice of Hestia

Anabelle nodded in agreement. "Oh me? Well about my powers, I do indeed have some bu-" in the middle of her sentence she was once more interrupted by Zeus' announcement, shortly after which they were transported to the location of their mission.

After a flickering of lights, Anabelle found herself on all fours in a grass of patch. She got up, patting the dirt of her clothes, holding her hand out to help Noa, who had just appeared near her, up. "So", she cleared her throat, "what I was saying: Yes, I do indeed have powers, the same ol' razzle dazzle, y'know? Fireballs, summoning a small flame to light up out path and the like. But I prefer not using them that often as they usually backfire and end up hitting either me or my allies." She looked around. She was sure she had never seen this place before. "Well, what shall we do now? We could split up which would allow us to cover more field, yet if there are enemies around, remaining together might sound like a better option."

( RiversEdge RiversEdge [Noa Flores])

Nidelia landed on one knee, and looked around, to take the area around her in. Axel growled in response to Zeus' teleport, as he landed between Nidelia and Jude, but his ears shot forward upon being able to hear Victoria's scream, and he took off through the undergrowth before Nidelia could say anything. "Uh-oh, we better follow him!" she says chasing after her oversized cat, having to run to keep up with him. She of course stopped and turned to make sure Jude was coming and keeping up. She knew if Axel was acting like that, something was wrong. "Prepare for danger, he doesn't do that unless something is wrong," she says in a matter of fact tone, taking her bow off her shoulder, and holstering an arrow into place, as once she was sure that Jude was following, she took off with Axel once more.

[Interaction: Jude RiversEdge RiversEdge
Mention: Victoria Literally Batman Literally Batman ]

Soryll Kazan|Hera's Apprentice Soryll grinned as the man stumbled back; his gambit had paid off. The young apprentice grabbed the man's dropped tonfa and, with all the strength he could muster, rammed it into his attacker's crotch.

Soryll didn't stop to watch the man fall, but instead ran to Victoria's side. He was no medical expert, but it looked like the hit she took fractured something. He tried to hide his worry behind a smile, though it was not entirely effective. "I would ask if you're okay, but I figure that's kind of a moot point."

Literally Batman Literally Batman

Last edited:
♧Noa Flores♧
Apprentice of Demeter

Noa nodded her thanks, shaking her head slightly in an effort to fend of the dizziness. She listened to Annabelle speak, the light glinting slightly off her glasses. Noa smiled, laughing slightly. "Now if only we could figure out how to get your magic to backfire for our enemies." Well, it didn't matter too much. Noa hadn't really planned on using her magic that much either. She felt like using it in these...mission days was kind of a waste. But Noa had plenty of practice in her magic, so there was less strain using it. Should they find themselves in true danger she would definitely use it.

"Spitting up would probably be the worst option for us. You don't really dabble in combat right? It wouldn't be good if we were apart and caught off guard." The pickaxe handle straped to her belt suddenly felt a bit heavy. "Let's start the search together. The eggs could either be in difficult to find places, very well hidden. Or they could be in very obvious places that no one would bother to look in." Noa seemed a bit amused. "Well....knowing Zeus...." She chuckled walking forward and sticking close by to Annabelle.

(Interacting with Capricornus Capricornus [Annabelle])

○Jude Hallows○
Apprentice of Hephaestus

Jude's head snapped to the side as Axel leapt away. Once Nidelia gave him a brief explanation he was off and running. His grin remained, but his eyes spoke of impending danger. As far as he knew Zeus had never sent them face first into danger where they could get seriously injured, at leadt not without telling them first. Something was wrong. Either something or someone had invaded were it didn't belong.

The apprentices weren't obligated to be friends. But they at least had to cooperate and look out for one another. As far as Jude was concerned they were all a part of one team. The dragon egg came second in terms of safety. Jude grumbled slightly under his breath, irritation searing it's way through his veins. If this turned oit to be some sort of test he was not going to be happy, at all. A thin trail of smoke left his mouth as he grit his teeth, heat was building slightly beneath the surface.

Jace Andris--Apprentice to Apollo
"It appears you almost all have pairs. Very well then. You will be arriving at the location in 10 seconds. Godspeed."

Hey, wait, but--

Jace was on a grassy knoll. Okay, sooooo? He glanced around.

Another individual was present with him. A woman. His partner for the mission then. Jace placed his hand on his knee and stood. He didn't think she had been at the breakfast table. "You're the apprentice of Athena," Jace deduced by process of elimination. He gestured to himself, "I'm Apollo's." It felt like a warm hand touched his heart at the mention of Apollo.

"I believe we have a dragon egg to acquire, milady," Jace said. Another team could come upon them anytime. He fixed his sharp gaze on the perimeter. They would probably encounter other apprentices sooner or later. He reached for the right mindset for competition.

He glanced at her for input. The goddess of wisdom's apprentice was probably the genius on the team, not him.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Thea Usamov - Apprentice to Zeus

Thea blinked at Zilas's sudden embarrassment and shyness, but he had taken her hand so she could only assume good things. Her smile turned into a half grin when he said he would be her partner, then a full laugh as he said he would stop talking. Oh! He is going to be all kinds of fun! Thea thought to herself, after all she was outgoing and bold, and it took a great great deal to embarrass her, but it seemed Zilas was quite the opposite. She was about say something more when Zeus was activating his spell and sending them off to his Trial.

They arrived, seated and still holding hands, within the area, at it's edge where Zeus had intended them, the teleportation was always off putting, but it was something she was getting used to more and more. She gave Zilas's hand a quick squeeze before turning to look at him, wondering how he took the transition. "You alright, over there? Or are you going to need a minute?"

PseudoLives PseudoLives

She barely managed a grin. "I'm good enough," she said, getting onto her elbows and prompting falling back down on her back. She took several deep breaths. "Just need a moment..." She tried to get up again, with the same results. "Urk...hey, Sory, could you be a good savior and give your poor damsel a lift out of here?"

The man had already started to recover, rubbing the sand out of his eyes. But seriously sand hurts.

Lost Lost

Last edited:
Nirvana Dayton, Athena's Apprentice
Who knows what Nirvana had been doing that kept her away from breakfast, but whatever it was, she certainly didn't expect to be suddenly moved while she was doing it. So she ended up rather confused. "What the....?" Never mind, someone started talking to her. The Apollo apprentice. Oh goody. "Yeab, sure am. Nirvana Dayton at your service," She said with a sarcastic bow.

She already didn't like what was going in here, "A dragons egg? Hmmm." She too glanced around the perimeter, scanning for any signs of movement. "So, should we get moving? Oh, and before you even think it, I'm no genius. People always think that when it's not true." Cross Cross

Jace, Apollo's Apprentice

Seriously? Jace wanted to ask. The apprentice of Athena wasn't like the Alexander the Great of wartime strategy? His eyebrows traveled up a few centimeters. "Well, yeah, no time like now." He muttered in response her other comment.

Jace set his sights north. He stretched his arm behind his head. "So, what is the apprentice of Athena good at if not mental stuff as she claims?" Jace asked conversationally, still unsure she wasn't just being humble. Apollo granted him boons in his own areas of excellence like healing, music, and athleticism. But then again, Jace had hulk man fingers and playing the lute wasn't on the scale of easy.

Maybe it was like that?

He walked ahead. There were structures built in the arena. The age and wear of them made Jace think temples. Maybe they could find a dragon egg in one of them?

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Anabelle - Apprentice of Hestia

Noa was right. Splitting up would probably be one of, if not the worst option. Looking around, there were many old structures, temples, to be more precise. One looked just like the other, it was fairly easy to lose oneself here. "My gut feeling tells me that those dragon eggs might me hidden in there, somewhere. I do not know what might await us down there, but I'm sure there will be something. It'd be too easy otherwise." Without a second thought she walked to the entrance of the first one. Looking through the entrace, there wasn't much one could see, as it was like a dark cave. "Well, I guess I could try to lighten up the path, what do you think? Shall we go?"

( RiversEdge RiversEdge )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back