• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy olympus prophecies

stellar.nova

queen of the stars
20180827_125042_0001.png

5901752a70138fc0af515bd1f695454d.png

mood: fucking exhausted
guild: unknown
with: open

philomena sat by herself in the dining hall, her body nestled heavily in the large yellow chair that was just as obnocious as the black tables. in her opinion, the university had been a little too extra in their ideas of aesthetic, but it was appreciated nonetheless because it was comfortable. her chin rested on he hand, and her elbow, in turn, reted on the table. her eyes were fluttering closed and she almost dropped the donut that was in her other hand. she had been awake for far too long. luckily for her, the boat left from greece, so her commute was by car. she would have thrown a fit had she found herself in a plane. heights weren't exactly...her thing. still, it was seven in the morning, a full three hours before philomena would usually get up, and she had left in the car while it was still dark out. honestly, it was inhumane. and every part of her wanted desperately to sleep somewhere, anywhere, but there were so many damn people on this boat it was ridiculous! sleeping wouldnt be possible, at least not for a while.

she took another bite of her donut, some of the glaze lingering on her lips before she licked it off, her mouth still full and making a soft smack sound. Her blue eyes grazed over the people in the dining hall, huddled over their breakfasts like zombies, and the others who all massed together in the middle, already making friends. That wasn't her style, she wasn't here to make friends. She was here to go to university.

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Last edited:

• original.gif

e9d980d0fede12cf903420593d9ff1b7.png

Location: Boat, Dining Hall | Mood: Jovial | Guild: Unknown | With: Philomena

Tobias found he was terribly missing his older sister. They’d been separated for barely more than a day, and he was already wishing he could see her smile again. Ever since their younger sister’s death, Toby and his older sibling had been closer than before. When she’d found out he was going to university, she was ecstatic. She’d hugged him and waved to him as he’d gotten on the plane to go to Greece so he could catch the boat. Once he’d arrived, he’d met his favorite cousin, Jacqueline, her pierced eyebrow quirked and her smirk just as mischievous as always. They’d slept in a hotel and boarded the boat early the next morning. Now, they held court at a table in a corner, Jackie acting every bit the queen Toby knew she was.

Casting his gaze over the room, Toby tilted back his fedora. “What a strange cast of characters we’ve found here,” he mused, his eyes passing over the group of students in the middle of the room. Jackie simply murmured her assent, a cigarette already in her mouth. Toby didn’t know how it was possible, but she looked even more badass when she had a cigarette in her mouth than when she didn’t. Looking away, he spotted a young woman sitting by her lonesome, eating a donut and trying not to fall asleep. ”Excuse me, dear cousin, but I’m going to engage that girl in conversation. Wish me luck.” Jackie raised her pierced eyebrow and watched him stand up and walk over to the young woman.

Upon reaching the girl’s table, Toby asked, “Are the donuts any good? I’ve wanted to try one, but I wasn’t sure if they’d taste good or not.” He stood across the table from her, not daring to sit down in case she didn’t welcome his company. (Some tended to think he was a “bit much.”) Angling his head to the side, he added, “I hate to be rude, but you almost look like Death Himself. Are you alright?” He nearly added that he’d once seen Death, having once saved a girl from going into the light, which he thought of as Death. But he didn’t, since that wasn’t exactly a memory you brought up upon first meeting someone.

stellar.nova stellar.nova
    {I posted him since I had it written up already ; ) }

Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

• giphy.gif

967888c35b24e761ad88bacefdab18ff.png

Location: Boat, Dining Hall | Mood: Irritated As All Hell | Guild: Unknown | With: Open

Skylie had seen a lot of crazy shit in her life, but this boat had to take the cake. How the hell had a school afforded all this? The more she explored this big ass ship, the more she was starting to wonder who was filling this university’s coffers. Her mother sure as hell hadn’t contributed to this. Skylie was fairly sure she would’ve known if her mother had paid for any of this. Or… maybe she wouldn’t. It wasn’t like she and Mom ever talked anymore. They hadn’t had a decent conversation since Skylie had first come to live with her. But whatever.

Leaning back in her chair, Skylie glared at the mass of people in the middle of the room. Did they have to be so loud? It was seven in the fucking morning. What was worse, a couple were trying to approach her. Propping her combat boot-clad feet on the table, she narrowed her eyes and casually pulled out her daggers from her boots. She stuck them into the table, making it very clear that she did not want to be disturbed. The students who were approaching her froze in their tracks and moved away with a fearful glance in her direction.

Skylie fingered the Eiffel tower keychain hanging off her duffel bag, which she’d plopped down onto the seat next to her. Maybe she’d gone too far, but at least she was alone now. Taking one of her daggers in her hands, she started carving her name into it. Vandalism wasn’t exactly her style, but since she’d already stuck her daggers in this table… Leaning her chin on one hand, she carved with the other. “When is this hunk of junk going to get there?” she muttered to herself, trying her hardest to perfect the shape of the S that started her name.

stellar.nova stellar.nova
{Not gonna lie, I thought more of my babes would be talking last night...}

d6b782ef2107c687cfd6c0a197486fd0.png

mood: intrigued
guild: unknown
with: skylie
incarnation of: tantalus

"hunk of junk?" omar couldn't help but chime in on the girl's conversation with herself. he'd been sitting a couple tables over, on top of the table, doing some morning meditation to get himself used to the motion of the boat. he had felt her energy draw near, popped open one bright eye to quickly survey her, then closed it again to mind his own business. but now that she purposefully seemed to be interrupting his meditation, he was going to bite. his curiosity had sufficiently run out.

his eyes opened, a shocking contrast to his dark skin and an easy white-toothed grin graced his expression. "pardon the interruption, farasha, but surely you aren't referring to the boat? such an extravagant thing as this?" his accent would be easily identified as middle eastern, should she pick up on it, and there seemed to be no hostility in his tone, but there rested that damn smile as he looked at her expectantly, waiting contentedly for a response.

AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

• giphy.gif

967888c35b24e761ad88bacefdab18ff.png

Location: Boat, Dining Hall | Mood: Hella Pissed Off | Guild: Unknown | With: Omar
    Incarnation Of: Iris

Skylie hadn’t realized someone had been listening to her. Ever since she scared off the people who’d tried approaching her, she’d been utterly convinced she was alone. That was apparently not the case. Cutting a glare over to the guy who’d interrupted her, she ran through her mental list of French insults. There were perks to living in Montreal and then Quebec. “Whatever. I didn’t ask for your opinion. Anyone can see this boat is just a way to kiss up to the students.” She paused to glare straight into the guy’s bright blue eyes before continuing, So sorry I interrupted… whatever the hell you’re doing over there. Dégage-toi. She turned back to her graffiti. By now, she’d nearly finished the K and the Y. Just as she was finishing off her name (the S had been the hardest part), her concentration was broken when something else occurred to her.

Quel conard… she muttered. What did you call me? And what language did you insult me in?” Skylie had no knowing if he’d insulted her or not, as she wasn’t familiar with anything that wasn’t French or English or anything related to the two. Hell, she couldn’t even place his accent… one of the unfortunate cons to having a large gap in her education. How the heck was she going to this university, anyway? Skylie pushed herself to her feet, her daggers disappearing into her boots once again. “Never mind. I don’t need to take this.” Throwing her duffel over her shoulder, Skylie turned toward the dining hall’s exit. Even if the thought had been her own fault, she hated feeling like an idiot. Her scowl darkened as her thoughts went further and further into the abyss she tried to stay away from.

• tumblr_ozsf2be3CS1wr25b8o1_400.gif

fb23fe9816d0521f0ea35435c1e47cd8.png

Location: Boat, Dining Hall | Mood: Amused and Amusing | Guild: Unknown | With: N/A
    Incarnation Of: Thalia

Ivy was of course at the center of the crowd in the dining hall. It was her job—nay, her duty!—as a comedian to draw in crowds. And draw them she had. To others, it was simply a mass of rambunctious students ship-bound for this mysterious university. And they were laughing at her jokes! With her heeled boots propped up on the table in front of her, Ivy held court at the very center of the crowd, a magnificent grin upon her face. “You haven’t heard the best part yet…”

Looking around, Ivy saw the anticipation on the faces of those she had inadvertently gathered. It seemed she’d gotten her mojo back. After the incident involving her ex-best friend, she’d thought for sure the prime of her comedic career was over. But with the help of her darling Trevor Noah, she had regained her profound joking powers! Ah, the beauty of late night comedic talk shows. “So I look him in the eye and say, ‘Are you sure you’re from London? You seem awfully surprised to see rain.’ And he frowns and says, ‘Well, I was originally from Seattle.’” Some of the members of the crowd started chuckling, sensing her upcoming punchline. “I threw my arms up in the air and shouted, ‘HOW DOES RAIN SURPRISE YOU, THEN? YOU LEAVE IN THE RAINIEST CITY IN THE WORLD?!’”

As the rest of the crowd laughed, Ivy leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms. Her grin shifted into nothing more than a smirk. The conglomeration around her was so dense, she could barely see the tables surrounding her. Her work here, therefore, was officially done. “Thank youuuu, ladies and gentlemen! Unfortunately, that is all the originality I have at the current moment. Feel free to stick around, though—I hear I’m quite funny in normal conversation.” Her clipped London accent rang clear and true through the crowd, as some of the people surrounding her began to disperse. Ivy closed her eyes and tilted back her head. Good job, St. Clair. You nailed it, as always.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back