• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Olympic Games RP! Gymnastic and Athletic text-based competitions

WTJ2020

Now, this may seem odd, but I am interested at the moment in creating an Olympic/Sports competition roleplay where you'd roleplay your way to the gold medals!

It would work like this:

- Players will be needed including judges for some of the disciplines that I'd be including who would need to create their characters. Their purpose is to judge events.

- Players will be needed as competitors. Just remember this is a roleplay so you would be able to create whatever you wanted and each character may choose to represent any country of the world or even something entirely fictional so long as we know it's background.

My initial intent is to only do the Athletic and Gymnastic competitions in this roleplay although it might be expanded as we all know, the Olympic Games covers a wide array of sports but it's how feasible it is to do them here in a roleplay.

FORMAT:

- There would be a sign ups thread for characters to register what events they'd like to compete in. They would be able to compete in as many events as they wanted.
- The sign ups thread can also be used for those wishing to be judges on the events, but they would have to specify for what event(s) they'd like to judge for in addition to the criteria for registration after creating the characters.
- The players would have to CLEARLY specify whether they wished to be a competitor/athlete i.e someone who wanted to take part in the games, or a judge for the events. If they choose to judge they will have to specify and list all the events they wish to judge. There may be limited space available.

THE ATHLETICS EVENTS

I won't list all the athletics events as there are literally tonnes of them in the real Olympics, not forgetting this is only a roleplay inspired by the Olympics.
I might need help deciding the formats of race events such as 100m/110m Hurdles, and other types of race. Obviously I wouldn't be able to use a time-based situation as it might be spammy, thus potentially bad to do so.

Basically, for any event, the competitor characters would each take it in turns to describe how their character moves, in what ways the character is moving, right from the word "go" until they say that they're finished with their actions. I would have to tag each competitor to come forward to post their performances.

After all the athletes had posted their performance roleplays, to determine who would win the race, instead of a time, I would ask the judges to come up with a decision on placements which I would then announce.

THE GYMNASTIC EVENTS
Like above, I would ask each of the competitors in person to come forward one at a time (if there's a large amount, then I'll split it into heats). The characters who were competing in that event would then describe their performance the best they can, translating it all to text. The competitor would have to visualize their performance in their mind and then translate it into text to complete their routines. One post would represent the routine from start to finish, time doesn't matter.

The scoring would be slightly different. Each of the performers would need to score them, then I would tally up (as opposed to crossing out the top and bottom scores). It would then be multiplied by the level of difficulty of the routine to give a score, so for this reason, the competitors would have to specify the degree of difficulty for the routine they were performing BEFORE they perform so that the judges can score and the scores could be worked out.

Yeah, I know, this is a really long message. Interest Checks maybe shouldn't go into so much detail as it might constitute spam.

So what do you think of this idea for a new roleplay? Would you be interested in it if it was allowed here? I know it's based of a real-life event but this is a roleplay and I'm pretty sure, anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back