• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Old Universes | Sci-fi | Mystery | Post-Apoc | Open

elytra

a beetle may or may not be inferior to a man
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1532639139249.png
Thousands of years ago, the universe was at peak prosperity. Intergalactic trade was at an all time high, with humans leading the market in many ways. Every few years, more and more species and worlds joined in. The technological movement was rapid, and with every new invention came a greater understanding of the world around them. But then, the universe stopped.

Stories passed along through trade are the only remnants of the old world left. Now, people are few and far between. The planets and civilizations are in ruins, and haven't been inhabited in centuries. The remaining populace of the universe is spread out, living among merchant and scavenger ships, the only navigation they have being the beacon of the Lighthouses, stations that let out a long-range beacon as an indication of where one's placement is in the cosmos. Even with those, the probability of accidentally coming across another ship with lifeforms still on it is near 0. Life has been near wiped out, leaving those left behind with only their desire for survival and a question.

What happened to the old universe?

1532640555374.png
Hey all! I'm Ollie, and I had an idea for a group roleplay. Or, I had an idea a long time ago for a group roleplay, but sort of stopped making group roleplays, but now I'm back.

Old Universes is a possible roleplay about what happens after the universe nearly ends, and all that's left behind is the ruins and the survivors. It would be a mystery, following the characters as they are brought together under unlikely circumstances, and forced to work together to find out what exactly cause this mass wipe-out of multiple worlds, facing different threats and issues along the way. The roleplay would be looking for diverse characters, both alien-wise, sexuality wise, gender wise, and overall personality wise. Post length is of little concern, but detail would be appreciated. The group size would be around 5-10 people, more depending on level of interest.

1532640750193.png
SHIPS & LOCATIONS
SCAVENGER SHIPS: Scavenger ships are old, small and re-purposed ships that are used to take scavenging crews to different planets to allow them to beam down and get goods to sell off to merchants. Since they are put into hyper drive a lot to get from location to location, they usually get worn down, and are prone to breaking and having issues. A small scavenger ship can fit a crew of up to 3, a medium can fit a crew of up to 6, and a large can fit a crew of up to 10.
LIGHTHOUSES: Lighthouses are stations with a large, gyroscope-like glass dome in the center, holding a control deck, with two halls branching off from it, holding places like a bedroom, kitchen, and storage area, as well as a docking station. They send off long-range signals to different ships, allowing them to gauge their location off of that, and merchants restock it's supplies every now and then as a service of gratitude. They are usually manned by 1 to 2 people.
MERCHANT SHIPS: Merchant ships are large ships, with many levels, that are areas where merchants come to sell goods and purchase...other goods. The scavengers find the goods, then sell them to merchants for either food or other valuables, who then sell them to other merchants or scavengers. They don't travel much, and stay by lighthouses for easy finding. The actual crew of the ship usually consists of a captain, an engineer, and a few security guards/mercenaries, but the ship can hold hundreds of people at a time.
PIRATE SHIPS: Pirate ships are slightly larger than scavenger ships, usually with two levels. They have weapons that are kept in decent condition, unlike scavenger ships, who's weapons are either near out-of-order or nonexistant. They can hold a crew of around 15.
GENERATION SHIPS: These ships are slow, and can't go into hyperdrive. They, however, are also the most advanced ships, clean and sporting gardens. Being on a generation ship is a privilege, and it can hold up to 200 people, but barely anyone is allowed on if they are not already there. However, there is something odd about them that no one can quite place their finger on.
PLANETS: The planets are in ruins and uninhabited, other than vicious wildlife that seem to be morphed from their original forms. The only things the planets are used for is scavenging. They all have different, varying dangers, and some people even place down short-range beacons that indicate how dangerous they are.

CHARACTER TYPES
SCAVENGER: Scavengers live off of things they find in the wasteland that has been left behind. They're street smart and either good runners or good fighters. They are not, however, book smart. They travel in small groups, and are general suspicious of other people.
LIGHTHOUSE KEEPERS: Lighthouse keepers never leave their post at the light house. They make sure its correctly functioning, enough that the beacon is able to reach ships. They survive off of the gratitude from merchants, who gain business from their location next to the light houses. They generally live alone
MERCHANTS: Merchants generally live on merchant ships for a short time, before taking their business to other merchant ships in small, personal pods. They trade with scavengers and other merchants, and generally are charismatic and sleezy. They either work alone or in pairs.
PIRATES: Pirates do exactly what it sounds like they do. They take down other ships, and they take their goods for themselves. Generally, they go for scavenger ships, and generation ships and merchant ships are big hits. Light houses are avoided, due to their importance to any ship
1532643507071.png

If interested, comment below. If enough people are interested, an OOC and a Sign Up will be posted and linked here! The signups will have more information than what is here.
OOC: Right here
Signups: Right here
Lore: Right here

Attachments

• 1532640171405.png
    1532640171405.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Before I decide if I want to really join, I'd like to ask how the future of the roleplay might look? Like, how might things develop. Will there be any sort of story or progression?

Before I decide if I want to really join, I'd like to ask how the future of the roleplay might look? Like, how might things develop. Will there be any sort of story or progression?
Yes! There will be story progression based around events that occur, and based around character choices. This wouldn't really be the sorry of roleplay where nothing happens and it's just character interaction.

If it's not your sorta thing, totally understandable!

We are still accepting! Feel free to head over to the characters/sign up thread, if you like!

Aight, I'll definitely give them a look. In the middle of writing a starter for my own rp at the moment so unfortunately don't expect a character from me any time soon.

Aight, I'll definitely give them a look. In the middle of writing a starter for my own rp at the moment so unfortunately don't expect a character from me any time soon.
Hey, that's fine! Good luck with your starter.

I really like the setting and the premise. I feel like there will be much to explore. The mystery aspect makes things better. Somehow it gives me a feeling of "warm galaxy" like the vibe I get from Treasure Planet, but with a tinge of desolation and loneliness added into the mix. I have to say that the this is quite inspiring.
I will not be able to make a character for now until next week.
For now I am planning to take the place of a one man lighthouse, but don't need to reserve the place for me, I am still flexible, I will join when the time is right.

I really like the setting and the premise. I feel like there will be much to explore. The mystery aspect makes things better. Somehow it gives me a feeling of "warm galaxy" like the vibe I get from Treasure Planet, but with a tinge of desolation and loneliness added into the mix. I have to say that the this is quite inspiring.
I will not be able to make a character for now until next week.
For now I am planning to take the place of a one man lighthouse, but don't need to reserve the place for me, I am still flexible, I will join when the time is right.
I'm glad you like the idea! That's the sort of vibe I was going for! Take your time, I'm sure the space will be open when you get the chance to make a character!

Yes! There will be story progression based around events that occur, and based around character choices. This wouldn't really be the sorry of roleplay where nothing happens and it's just character interaction.

If it's not your sorta thing, totally understandable!
Roleplays with progression are the only ones I really do, so I definitely enjoy it. I've just been very uninspired lately. I'd just say don't wait on me haha.

elytra elytra Interested - however, the idea I had for my character seems to step on a few key pieces of the world. I'll give you the basic run-down of my character:

Most likely will be male

Likely 30-40 years old

Old school almost western type

I wanted him to start off as a Scavanger that somehow ended up stranded on his ship floating through space. Since there's little to no contact the ship eventually broke down and supplies started to dwindle (let's say he was on the scavenger ship since he was 17 and stayed on it for 10 years gathering supplies as he went). Once his supplies ran out He was stuck there for 2 days before stumbling upon an abandoned Pirate Vessel. Once inside he found some bits and pieces of supplies and was able to repair some of the abandoned ship's engine, life support, and weapons from pieces of his scavenger ship.

The Pirate ship I had in mind would be pretty close to what you'd expect a scavenger ship to look like. Rusted, falling apart but with a certain charm. The ship would only have as many weapons as a scavenger ship and he would be riding solo through space attempting to find a light house.

Was wondering if this kind of character would be too much strain on the lore since there are designated starting points...

Also as a side hobby he reads a lot of books/relics since he's usually got nothing better to do. He's simply spent all his years attempting to make contact with another person. Something something amnesia and getting separated from his family at a young age.

elytra elytra Interested - however, the idea I had for my character seems to step on a few key pieces of the world. I'll give you the basic run-down of my character:

Most likely will be male

Likely 30-40 years old

Old school almost western type

I wanted him to start off as a Scavanger that somehow ended up stranded on his ship floating through space. Since there's little to no contact the ship eventually broke down and supplies started to dwindle (let's say he was on the scavenger ship since he was 17 and stayed on it for 10 years gathering supplies as he went). Once his supplies ran out He was stuck there for 2 days before stumbling upon an abandoned Pirate Vessel. Once inside he found some bits and pieces of supplies and was able to repair some of the abandoned ship's engine, life support, and weapons from pieces of his scavenger ship.

The Pirate ship I had in mind would be pretty close to what you'd expect a scavenger ship to look like. Rusted, falling apart but with a certain charm. The ship would only have as many weapons as a scavenger ship and he would be riding solo through space attempting to find a light house.

Was wondering if this kind of character would be too much strain on the lore since there are designated starting points...

Also as a side hobby he reads a lot of books/relics since he's usually got nothing better to do. He's simply spent all his years attempting to make contact with another person. Something something amnesia and getting separated from his family at a young age.

The main reason for the designated starting points is to get everyone to one place or the other for events since it is a large world! So, so long as you were able to get him to either the market place or the lighthouse at some point in the beginning, this would be totally fine.

The main reason for the designated starting points is to get everyone to one place or the other for events since it is a large world! So, so long as you were able to get him to either the market place or the lighthouse at some point in the beginning, this would be totally fine.
That is the intention! I can even make the first post about that if need be :)

That is the intention! I can even make the first post about that if need be :)
Then yep, that'd work fine! As I said the only real reason for the designated starting points is the get the story rolling so you'd be golden no worries :)

Then yep, that'd work fine! As I said the only real reason for the designated starting points is the get the story rolling so you'd be golden no worries :)
Alright thank you! The other major point was him being somewhat "book smart". In the description it specifically stated that Scavengers aren't book smart but I thought that would give him something else that's kind of unique. Is there an issue at all with that?

Alright thank you! The other major point was him being somewhat "book smart". In the description it specifically stated that Scavengers aren't book smart but I thought that would give him something else that's kind of unique. Is there an issue at all with that?
Nope, nope, that's totally ok! You can totally make him book smart

Users who are viewing this thread

Back