Old RPer, New Site User

Ixaix

Sentient Jelly Piloting a Bone-Mech
As it says, I'm an old RPer (been doing this for over 15 years) but new to this site. I've played on Gaia, Livejournal, Dreamwidth, AIM, Skype, Discord... But right now I largely play over email since I can easily access it over my phone.

How does this site work with phones, does anyone have any experience?

And if, randomly, I asked that we RP over email... how would that make you feel? Just, assuming we were RPing. I don't want to come across as creepy, after all.

I mean, creepier than I already am.

Because I'm super creepy.

With tiny fuzzy bat wings.

Obviously.

So. Uh. Hi?

Hey, welcome to RPN! The site has a responsive layout, so it'll automatically size down to fit your smartphone's screen. I find my spellcheck and autocorrect aren't as reliable on my phone, but that's small beans - the site is lovely to use on your phone, or you could test out our sweet new app for Android and Apple.

Hey, welcome to RPN! The site has a responsive layout, so it'll automatically size down to fit your smartphone's screen. I find my spellcheck and autocorrect aren't as reliable on my phone, but that's small beans - the site is lovely to use on your phone, or you could test out our sweet new app for Android and Apple.

Really? That's awesome! I'll have to look into that. Thanks for the info!

RpNation.com on the App Store
RpNation - Android Apps on Google Play

Make sure to speak up about any bugs you encounter though, the poor sap who made the app is only human, but he's pretty good at rolling out patches.
Aw, you mean y'all are still employing those old, beaten down meat-sack models? Up here, we've switched over to mostly Teflon-coated uranium builds. ...I'm sorry that was supposed to be funny but I realized while typing that I'm not actually amusing.

I'll definitely try out the app and keep a weather eye out for any glitches or bugs!

I thought you were funny <3

I was on Gaia for nine years, that's where I started RPing. Fantasy school roleplays and walk-in taverns for DAYS. What sort of stuff do you like to RP?

I thought you were funny <3

I was on Gaia for nine years, that's where I started RPing. Fantasy school roleplays and walk-in taverns for DAYS. What sort of stuff do you like to RP?
You have no idea how much of my day you just made with that sweet but obvious lie about my wit <3

I was on Gaia for... probably that same amount of time. It's where I developed a lot of my early writing skills. Neopets was technically my first, I suppose, but I didn't really hit the swing of writing with partners until Gaia.

I pride myself in being able and willing to write just about anything. I'm a firm believer that good stories start with good characters, so I tend to approach things that way. I have a whole head full of voices and sometimes they're nice enough to play along with an RP ;D Also, these emojis are... a little unnerving. I like it. I play in all genres with all sorts of characters across the spectrum from human to barely-recognizable-by-Euclidean-bound-minds. At the moment I've found myself enjoying playing more simple, character focused plots. A divorced dad trying to raise his daughter, a bakeneko on the run from his past trying to find out who he really is, a superhero given inconvenient powers grappling with new found responsibilities... That sort of stuff. I've lost my taste for grand, sweeping fantasies after reading a few too many J.R.R. Tolkien wannabes. Plus, then the focus tends to be on the world and not the characters in it, it seems. I still do the DnD thing, but I tend to let other people be the DMs these days.

How about yourself?

Welcome to RPN!! I am the Mechanist! The hero of the commonwealth and of RPN!! There are Tons of RP's to join, and even more people to RP with, myself included ^D^ We've got all kinds ranging from modern to medieval to futuristic. I myself am prone to fantasy, medieval or futuristic rp's, and I am a sucker for romance and a good love story. Trust me when I say we almost have it all!! Feel free to help yourself to the cookies and punch at the table.

Welcome to RPN!! I am the Mechanist! The hero of the commonwealth and of RPN!! There are Tons of RP's to join, and even more people to RP with, myself included ^D^ We've got all kinds ranging from modern to medieval to futuristic. I myself am prone to fantasy, medieval or futuristic rp's, and I am a sucker for romance and a good love story. Trust me when I say we almost have it all!! Feel free to help yourself to the cookies and punch at the table.
Hello! It's wonderful to meet you! Oh, man, am I a sucker for romance. No matter the genre, if there's a love story thrown in there, especially with unlikely characters, I'm hooked. And thank you, I will take all of those cookies right now in my bag that I definitely didn't bring along expressly for that purpose.

Hello! It's wonderful to meet you! Oh, man, am I a sucker for romance. No matter the genre, if there's a love story thrown in there, especially with unlikely characters, I'm hooked. And thank you, I will take all of those cookies right now in my bag that I definitely didn't bring along expressly for that purpose.
Hope it's a bottomless bag cuz my robots make endless cookies.

Hope it's a bottomless bag cuz my robots make endless cookies.
This, good sir, is the 3.5 edition Bag of Holding. I tried the 5th edition, but I can't help it. I was taught the 3.5 way and I'm kinda stuck in it. Often literally. Trying to reach for something inside of a satchel with infinite room can often lead to unwanted adventures in canvas caverns.

This, good sir, is the 3.5 edition Bag of Holding. I tried the 5th edition, but I can't help it. I was taught the 3.5 way and I'm kinda stuck in it. Often literally. Trying to reach for something inside of a satchel with infinite room can often lead to unwanted adventures in canvas caverns.
Hmm then it appears as though we've got a paradox >.>

//kicks signature under the rug
Oooooooooh... It's been a long time since I've tried a group RP; I got pretty badly burned in the last one several years ago and ever since have lived as a lone wolf. Off the grid. Er... Other cliches about being alone.

The super I have is one who got his powers after a night of getting drunk and making a poorly open-ended wish with a djinn. Mostly I wanted to make him a Magical Girl (tm) to have fun with the idea of a superhero who doesn't have a choice in the ridiculous costume that he wears: it comes part and parcel with the powers.

Hmm then it appears as though we've got a paradox >.>
...Oh dear. The universe doesn't like paradoxes. This may end with a black hole in the middle of our sweet little planet.

Welp. Better get to eating those cookies then.

Welcome fren, from the local panda/otter/octopus enthusiast!
Hopefully you find everything you're looking for! I myself can usually be found lurking around the fantasy forums, general chat areas, and (of course) the discord chat :3
If you're looking for partners I'd suggest checking out our Searching for Partners (or group) threads ^-^
Feel free to come say hi any time if you have any questions ^D^

Welcome fren, from the local panda/otter/octopus enthusiast!
Hopefully you find everything you're looking for! I myself can usually be found lurking around the fantasy forums, general chat areas, and (of course) the discord chat :3
If you're looking for partners I'd suggest checking out our Searching for Partners (or group) threads ^-^
Feel free to come say hi any time if you have any questions ^D^
...I do have one question. How does one come to be an enthusiast of such a diverse set of critters all at the same time? Like... Are they fused into one adorable yet slightly tentacle-bedazzled mythic beast?

...I do have one question. How does one come to be an enthusiast of such a diverse set of critters all at the same time? Like... Are they fused into one adorable yet slightly tentacle-bedazzled mythic beast?
A+
I have fused the three and am now the adorable hybrid :3

A+
I have fused the three and am now the adorable hybrid :3
Excellent! I, myself, am a hedgehog-kitten-eagle, otherwise known as a hedgegriffon. It's good to know that we adorable amalgamations are so easily accepted on this site ;3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back