• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

River Rose

RIP Avicii 1989-2018
Long long ago, there was peace. It had come from years of bloody war, years of hard work at the treaties and agreements. And so, the land existed in no boundaries, no separation. No one was despised for their race, no one judged by their appearance. No one died by another’s hand. Until the day that someone did.

A boy, his name long lost to time, had been in the dark forest. His father and mother had warned him of The Ones Who Watch, creatures that obeyed no law, who lived in the shadowy woods. He knew of the risk, and so took a knife tucked in his boot. But The Ones Who Watch did not take kindly to the presence in their woods. They attacked the boy, who was left with no choice but to defend himself. And so the treaty was broken, and he took the life of A One Who Watches. The spirit of the forest was enraged. The trees turned gnarled and thorny. The plants turned to poison and the ground to quicksand. The forest cursed the boy, so severely that he was almost dead.

But the world had not been so fortunate.

The boy grew to be called the One of Dark Woods, though neither the darkness nor the earth had blessed him. His armor was the bones of the One that he killed, and with it he became less than human. Or perhaps more. His power was so great, too great for the armies to fight against. The borders pulled back up through the earth, dividing into colonies. The One of Dark Woods sought to tear them down, and nearly succeeded.

But the spirits would not be so easily defeated. They made a plan, a pact. Each would bless one soul, one among each race. Water, earth, air, fire, darkness, light, and emotion. Elf, dwarf, orc, siren, skin walker, avian, and human. Seven small children, none more than three, had been given the power to save the world. And they would have eighteen years to learn. To grow. To save the world.

Unless the One of Dark Woods found them first.
————————————————

Hey, it’s me, back at it again with an original plot. I tried to make it as detailed as possible so you guys can see what I’m expecting. I prefer quality over quantity for everything. One detailed paragraph is better than three low-detail ones. I also want you to be interested in this. Don’t quit half-way through without giving me a reason. I know life gets in the way, but I don’t appreciate my ideas being abandoned. Two completely interested players is better than twenty barely interested players. So yeah. Also, completely fine with anything inside the site rules. As you can see, there is a horror tag. Along with some slice-of-life and adventure elements, there will be exploring of dark themes and descriptions of blood/injuries/sickness/poverty/famine. If that’s not good for you, then walk away. I don’t want someone barging in and asking me to change my ideas. Nothing beyond the site rules, that’s my motto.

So yeah, that’s my rules. I’ll have the OOC up as soon as I can, and then comes the character sheet thread. If I see enough interest, maybe this’ll be a real RP. Right now it’s just a dream. A dream that depends on you.

Last edited:

OOC is up

UPDATE: Once all the main positions are filled, you can still apply. Background characters, people who help them on their quest, etc. are all welcome.

This sounds interesting. Is your avian just like a human with wings or how would you describe it? I was thinking of applying for the avian that could control darkness.

This sounds interesting. Is your avian just like a human with wings or how would you describe it? I was thinking of applying for the avian that could control darkness.
Avians are humans with wings, along with hollow bones, increased senses of hearing and sight but no sense of taste whatsoever. Some, very rarely, can turn into birds fully. Most only have wings, but they can be practically any color (black and gray are seen as bad omens, so most avians with those wings are outcasts). Hopefully that was good enough for you.

It is thank you. I was considering kind of doing either an owl or a raptor with wings and taloned feet with claws in place of fingernails. Since you say some can fully turn into a bird, I might have them with that ability as well. Are they able to communicate with/control birds or no? Just want to make sure I get this information right before starting upon a character.

It is thank you. I was considering kind of doing either an owl or a raptor with wings and taloned feet with claws in place of fingernails. Since you say some can fully turn into a bird, I might have them with that ability as well. Are they able to communicate with/control birds or no? Just want to make sure I get this information right before starting upon a character.
They can communicate with birds, but cannot control them. Birds may help them willingly, if they are kind.

Characters can be no more than three years old? How would that work exactly?

Would the roleplay start with the characters as adults, or would we play through their upbringing first?

Understandable, was just putting that there before I forgot everything I had planned out so far for a character.

Color me interested. :)

For a background character, would it be possible to be an animal/mythical creature of some sort (Fae, for example)? Perhaps having abilities, but not akin to the 7 elements?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back