• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Of Hotels and Hells

NobleSixIsInACave

Keeping it Cheeki, and Keeping it Breeki
CometBlaster CometBlaster (This is going to be a little bit longer than my normal posts, since I tend to do longer intros, and action bits. Normally I'd say mine are like, a paragraph or two. I also figured that I'd make the post for my OC, and then you'd make the reply for it and make your first post for your OC in that post as well, and we'd go from there)

Max gasped out, looking around with blurry vision as the sounds of gunfire echoed around him, and the smell of burnt flesh hit him like a freight train. He nearly gagged as he looked down, noticing blood stained his hands, arms and legs, along with the bits of chest he could see beneath his armor. He felt a hand on his shoulder as someone tried to pull him up, and he looked up, recognizing the man as a friend of his, simply known as Cortez. Cortez shook him hard, and Max could faintly hear him yell "Come on man, we need to go! The team handling the extraction is already out of here!" Max faintly nodded, as he tried to move, a terrible pain coursing through him as he slipped and fell back against the car he had been sitting against. "F-Fuck!...I can barely stand, let alone run!" He yelled out. He clenched his fist hard, as he continued. "Go on without me, there's no way i'm going to get out of here..." Cortez shook his head, saying "No way, I'm not leaving you here alone!" Max's hand shot up, grabbing at a pouch that held Cortez's grenades, as his mouth formed into a grin. "I'm not going alone...I got a whole crowd of assholes who are coming to hell with me." Cortez hesitated, but let Max take the grenades, nodding softly, as he turned to escape while he could.

Max groaned as he pulled himself slowly, his legs shaking as pain shot through him again. He knew he wouldn't remembered for this, none of them would. This was all strictly off the books, none of them officially existed anyways. He was doing this out of spite, and to buy his comrades time to get out. Bullets whizzed overhead as he leaned against the door of the overturned car, fumbling with the pins of three grenades as he held the plunger on them tightly. Once the pins were off, he drew his handgun in the other hand, leaning out as his breathing continued to grow shallow, firing randomly at them with little hope of hitting them, bullets nearly missing him. He didn't plan on killing any with his gun, all he needed to do was draw them in, make them think there was still someone there, and only one person, so they would push him, and fall right into his trap. Once the gun ran dry in that mag, he slowly lowered it as he pulled back behind the car, not bothering with trying to reload it with one hand. He didn't have the time either, three of his foes, goons from some sort of underground organization, came around from either side of him, immediately firing into him, sending him to the ground as the grip on his grenades loosened. He wouldn't even live to see the blast, but died with the satisfaction that he took six with him before he went.

Max once again awoke with a gasp, as he sat up from a laying down position quickly, like he had come to after a nightmare. He stared forward blankly for a moment, as his mind raced to figure out what was going on. Ahead of him was a dirty, city alleyway, bathed in a horrid red hue, as if they sky itself had changed its color pallet. He ran through the last things he remembered, and how he got here, where ever here was. He had died, he knew that, he had to, there was no way a man could survive being shot as many times as he must have been, along with being next to three grenades, yet, here he was, feeling more alive than he had in the moments leading up to his death. He looked down at himself, noting that he was still wearing the same clothing and armor he had been wearing earlier, but without the blood he remembered having all over him. On top of that, there was no pain at all, it was like he just woke up from a nap, that was all.

He slowly rose to his feet, his head feeling a bit dizzy as he did so. Around him, the sounds of a busy city echoed out, and he grimaced. He never liked how noisy places like where ever this was were, he much preferred the country side, with peace and quiet. It was in that moment that the sound of a trash can falling over came from behind him, and his attention snapped over in that direction, and he remembered another reason why he hated cities, that being the people he tended to inhabit them. Of course, he wasn't prepare for what he saw, rather than some sort of thug or drug addict, he was met with a strange, anthropomorphic cat, with a smile like a great white shark's. It held a rather nasty looking knife as it twitched a bit. "Ooh ho ho lookie here, a lost newblood, wondering where he is..." He licked his lips as he slowly approached Max, as Max's hand slowly crept towards his sidearm. "Give me all that fancy junk you have on you, and maybe you won't have to spend the rest of your time in hell in a fucking wheelchair!" Max's eyes narrowed as he went to draw the sidearm that had become re-holstered when he died. "Over my dead body!" He shouted, but before he could get his gun out, the cat demon was gone, like it disappeared out of thin air.

Max then heard a single footstep behind him, as the demon reappeared right at his back like the Cheshire Cat, sinking the knife right into Max's shoulder. Pain surged in his shoulder, but Max did not stop his turn, instead jamming his elbow into the demon's jaw with as much force he could muster, throwing him back as his grip on the knife failed. Blood flew from his mouth as he reeled back, gripping it hard as he did so, giving Max a chance to strike. Max immediately charged him, grabbing him by the waist and throwing him to the ground with Max on top of him, as the two fell out of the alleyway and in plain view of everyone around. Max got a few good, hard blows in, knife still sticking out of him, before the demon phased away again. Max was on step ahead of him though, as he threw himself backwards, right into the demon, knocking him back and giving Max time to stand back up. As Max turned, he saw the demon going in for a bite, which would certainly be gruesome if it landed somewhere vulnerable. Max had no choice but to throw his left arm, letting it bite into it painfully as he drew his own knife with his right. He then pushed forward, throwing the demon against the wall with his body as he began to stab into it's gut repeatedly, until it phased away, and Max turned to swing behind him again, blood running down his left arm as he did so. His knife met nothing but air, as he saw the demon had decided the fight wasn't worth it anymore, and had simply began to flee. Letting out a breath of relief, Max went to pull out the demon's knife, as he looked around at the attention his fight had drawn, much to his displeasure.

Mallory walked briskly through the sterile halls of the hospital, heels clicking importantly. In her hands, she held a clip board with some rather important paper work she had recently finished. Upon closer inspection, one could see that it was a death certificate of a recent patient to the hospital. The cause of death was as of now, undetermined. From what everyone could tell, the surgery was a success, the kidney that was plaguing the patient was removed without error, Mallory saw it herself. The patient was even taken back to their room safely and given more painkillers to ease their discomfort.

Mallory smiled to herself. She knew those weren’t painkillers she administered, rather, it was a massive amount of morphine. The patient was dead within minutes. Now all that’s left to do is let the family know and it would be over.

When she reached the file room, she flipped through document after document to find those of her patient, and then added the certificate to their records. With that over and done with, Mallory’s work for the day was done.

On her way to the parking lot where her car was, she waved goodbye to a fellow nurse. “Goodbye, Dolores, fell your husband I said hello.” Dolores looked up and smiled sweetly. “Of course, Lory, and be safe. The rain is coming down by the buckets.” She warned. Mallory waved one final time and continued the final steps to her car.

Dolores wasn’t wrong. Once Mallory was on the road, she could barely see a foot in front of her. Next thing she knew, a blinding light appeared out of nowhere. The last thing she remembered was crashing into a roadside ditch before falling into darkness.

Mallory woke with a start. She sat up in her bed and ran a hand through her hair. Her death was a long, long time ago. Now was not the time to be haunted by the memory. She had places to be.

She packed a bag containing all her valuables, and slipped a few capped needles into her pocket for protection. She left her apartment building and noticed there was a crowd forming. Mallory huffed and put on a mask of politeness. “Pardon me, Jon.” She told a demon as she shoved him away to see the commotions. The demon went to protest, but when he saw who she was, he became silent, and backed away.

Mallory walked towards the middle, where a rather uncomfortable looking humanoid demon was, and faced the crowd. “That’s enough excitement for today, ladies and gentlemen! You can now all return to your knitting!” She said with a smile.

Max yanked the knife out, wincing softly, as he slowly lowered it, before dropping it to the ground with a loud clatter. He heard a voice, telling the creatures that had been watching his fight to leave, something he would most certainly not object to. He turned to face whoever the voice belonged to, as his mind ran through everything again now that he wasn't fighting for his life. The creature had said this was hell, and while it seemed like the lights were not all on upstairs, it would make sense that this was hell, even if Max was never religious. It was smoggy, dim, he was attacked by what seemed like a crazed drug addict within a minute of being here, and he certainly would've earned himself a place here, even if he justified what he did as for the greater good, the greater good of humans likely didn't matter for whoever passed judgement.

He was met by curvaceous figure of a woman-bug hybrid that towered over him, even though he was above average height for a man already. She was admittedly attractive, although that was the least of Max's concerns at the moment. He flicked his own knife once, throwing the blood off of it, before he sheathed it, blood still leaking out of the wounds on his arm, and the one on his back, as he glanced up at her. He didn't feel all too weakened by the wounds, although he guessed that was likely due to adrenaline, and figured that soon it would wear off. Keeping that in mind, he decided that staying friendly would like benefit, and he tried to give her a friendly smile to meet hers, although it was a bit to do so through the pain. "Thanks for that...who are you?" He asked her, as he continued to look up at her.

Mallory looked down at the humanoid, and smiled, a bit too widely, displaying sharp predatory looking teeth. “My name’s Mallory, and might I say, it’s a pleasure to meet you!” She said, bending down slightly. Now that she was closer to him, she could see the wounds more clearly. She made a “tsk” noise and shook her head. “This is quite unseemly, to allow yourself to be attacked in such a fashion in public! Any other demon would think you had just dropped in! Unless...” she rambled before pausing. She took a step back, and let her two hidden arms and antenna unfurl. She directed her antennae towards the man and squinted at him. She could sense his hormones and all other acids in his body. His heart was beating quickly, and he was full of adrenaline, certainly from the fight. But there was also an underlying scent. That of which only came from newer entities.

Mallory beamed down at him. “So you’re new here!” She exclaimed, raising all for hands. “Let me be the first to welcome you to Hell! You couldn’t have arrived at a better time. We just had our yearly Extermination two days ago, so you’re in the clear until next year!” She said in a matter-of-fact. This will be fun, Mallory has never met someone who had just fallen into Hell.

Max was taken aback by her smile, suddenly he found himself going back on what he thought earlier on the girl being a looker, as he looked a large set of teeth that looked even sharper than the last demon's teeth, although he hid those emotions as best he could given his situation. What she said about demons confirmed that he was indeed in hell, even before she mentioned that this was hell. His eyebrow arched when she mention something about a yearly extermination, something that most certainly did not sound like a good thing to him. He would ask about it later, but if it just happened like she said, it was not a priority at the moment. He put the non-bloodied arm out to shake her hand "Max...Max Jäger. A pleasure to meet you too...I don't suppose there isn't any doctors down here, or is it only lawyers and door to door salesmen" He said as he cracked a smirk at her.

Mallory forced herself to laugh, although she didn’t find it all that funny. She grasped his hand and shook it firmly. “A pleasure to meet you, Max.” She said before taking her hand back. “And you happen to be in luck! I was a regust nurse back in the day, and I can have you fixed up in a jiffy.” She said, letting her time period shine through. “I’ll need to go to a place where I can set up shop, it’s not very seemly to patch you up in the middle of town.” She says, gesturing at the area around them. Denizens we’re giving them strange glances, wondering why the Fae was out and about, without a threatening needle in sight. Mallory chuckled. “I was actually on my way to my next job. It’s in a safe place, I assure you, so please follow me.” She tells Max, as she starts to walk forwards, towards the Happy Hotel.

Max followed behind her, gripping his arm tightly in his hand to help stem the bleeding, unsure of how much a demon needs to lose before they pass out, if they even need blood. He noticed that many of the other locals seemed to be staring at them, even after they moved away from where the fight happened, and while it didn't surprise him too much, seeing that he was clearly injured and dressed oddly compared to the norm and she was very tall, it still seemed to be a bit much, especially with how much they were staring specifically at her with concern. He moved up so he was walking alongside of her, and said "hey, do you got some sort of reputation here or something, everyone's looking at you like you're about to stab them." he looked up at her again, watching her carefully as he did so.

Mallory smiled down at Max. “Pardon me, I forgot that you’re new around her.” She said apologetically. She adjusted the sleeve of her tailcoat and checked her pocket. Yup, the syringes were still in there. Perhaps she could put on a show for the new kid.
“Down here, there a beings that are a bit more....potent in there abilities than others.” She once again extracted her arms from her body and summoned a flickering blue flame in each hand. “I am one of those demons. In fact, I’ve earned a little nickname for myself, Fae is what the denizens call me. Fitting, isn’t it?” She chuckled before extinguished the flames and retracting her arms again.”But to answer you question directly...” She moved lightning fast, grabbing a passing demon by the neck and reaching for a syringe in her pocket, sticking it deep into their neck. The demon could only scream as they went down. Mallory got up again and smiled, discarding the needle. “That is why.” She said cheerily.

Max was surprised by the flames that suddenly appeared in her hands, but not as surprised as he would have been had he not already dealt with that teleporting demon. What did catch him off guard, was when she suddenly lept out, and throttled a demon before killing them like she was some psychotic killer from a horror novel. As he thought on it, he assumed quickly that she may very well have been exactly that when she lived, which would explain why she was here now. It was helpful that she showed her colors rather quickly, he knew now to watch his back around her. There was a part of him that said that he could try to get away from her now, since she could very well be simply planning something far worse for him, but he decided against it. He needed medical attention, and right now, she at least seemed friendly, which was more than any other hand been so far. Besides, having someone like this as a friend was ultimately a good thing, if she didn't turn on him. "Well then...that's...certainly something...." he said, unsure of what to say exactly.

Mallory’s grin widened at his obvious discomfort. “Oh, don’t seem so shocked. This is Hell! We’re all down here for a reason.” She told him cheekily. She started to walk a little quicker, after glancing at the time from a clock in a nearby store. She was going to be late if she didn’t move. “Come along now, I have places to be.” She urged Max. Oh, he was going to be fun to mess with. “You’re going to love the place we’re going. It’s a hotel! And an old friend of mine runs it, I’m sure you’ll find her fun to be around.” She said excitedly, paying no attention to Max’s previous shock. She realized now, that she may need to treat him for that too. She started to make a mental list of what problems of his to address. Obviously, the shoulder injury and the shock first. If he was losing blood he might need a blood transfusion, it was unlikely, but possible. “As we’re walking, I’m going to need to get some medical information from you if you don’t mind. Tell me, what’s your blood type?” Mallory asked, seemingly randomly.

Max followed behind her quickly, staying silent as he really couldn't argue with her. It still didn't mean that he understood the motives for randomly killing quite the same way he could for killing for a reason, but wasn't important. What was important to note however, was how little the locals seemed to care that someone had died beyond personal safety, it meant that he was not nearly as safe in public, and that at the same time, violence was more often than not going to be the answer to most problems. "Yeah, I'm sure we'll get along famously..." He said when she mentioned her friend, unsure of what this friend would even be like. He wasn't a pacifist though, so even if this friend was exactly like Mallory, so long as whoever they were killing happened to deserve it, which, considering that this was hell, seemed very likely. He was then caught momentarily off guard by her question, not because the thought of bloodloss hadn't crossed his mind, but because he had grown so used to having his bloodtype on his service record for doctors and medics to see that he simply had grown accustomed to not needing to tell them, but he quickly answered. "A Positive. Anything else?"

Good. A Positive was plentiful down here. “Yes. Any allergies? Benadryl, Tylenol, anything of the sort? It would be a shame for you to go into anaphylactic shock and die on me.” She laughed. “I haven’t lost a patient since 1929, and I don’t want to break that streak, not yet at least.” She joked, glad to egg on a reaction from Max.
They made it to the Hotel in no time, and aMallory paused right in front of it. She raised a brow at the sign on top of the building. She distinctly remembered dear Charlie telling her it was called the Happy Hotel, but the neon read Hazbin Hotel. Perhaps it was a sudden change of name. Mallory shrugged inwardly, who knew with that girl. She turned to Max. “Welcome to the Happy, er, Hazbin Hotel!” She introduced. “We’ll have to be on our best behavior here, there’s royalty in that building.” She warned him before striding up to the doorway. She adjusts her tailcoat one more time, then stands straight, before knocking three times firmly on the door. Inside, a squeal of excitement could be heard, and then quick footsteps heading closer to the door.

Max shook his head. "Nope, none...where do I go if I die here by the way? Is there a Hell 2.0 or am I just gone then?" He asked, not realizing that 1929 was the year that she died, and actually just assuming she kept a good streak, or that demons were more resilient than humans. Once they reached the hotel, Max looked up with Mallory, at the name of the hotel, but paying no real attention to it, especially when Mallory mentioned royalty, which he arched an eyebrow to. In his time, royal families had basically faded into utter irrelevance, being little more celebrities really. He nodded to her, agreeing to behave as she put it, wondering if her friend was some sort of ancient royal family member from centuries ago. When he heard the squeal of excitement, he glanced up at Mallory, as he said 'It sounds like someone is awfully happy to see us...is that your friend?"

“No one knows where you go after this. Some call it erasure.” She told him quickly before the door opened wide. A girl stood in the doorway who was a few inches shorter than Max. She wore a red tuxedo and kept her blonde hair in a loose ponytail. She had large yellow eyes with black pupils, and two strikingly rosy cheeks. When she smiled, her fangs were also easy to spot.
She beamed up at the two. “Hi! Welcome to the Happy Hotel!” She practically screamed. Mallory showed no discomfort to the demon’s volume, in fact, she smiled brightly at it. “Miss Charlie! Always a pleasure to see you.” She said with a small bow. “Charlie” rolled her eyes. “Come on, Lory, no need to bow, now come on in, I’m so excited you’re here!” She gushed. Mallory happily obliged, motioning for Max to follow. “Charlie, I want you to meet Max.” Mallory introduced, motioning at him with both hands.Charlie waved energetically at him, silently wondering if he was going to be a customer, before noticing the wound on his arm and looking slightly concerned.”And Max,” Mallory started again, ready to knock the socks off this kid. “This is Charlotte Magne, Princess of Hell.”

Max nodded, hoping that, incase he ever was unfortunate enough to die again, the term erasure was accurate. The idea of just nothing happening didn't seem too bad in the end, compared to what it could be. He was pulled away from thinking about the after-afterlife when the door swung open, revealing an energetic and happy demoness, who greeted them loudly. Had he not been used to gunfire, he would have likely been bothered by how loud she was. The girl had to be the least demonic demon he had seen yet, infact, he would go as far to say that she even looked inviting, in stark contrast to quite literally every other demon he had met so far. Max was about to put his hand out to greet her, when Mallory properly introduced who it was. "Princess of Hell?" he thought to himself as he paused, wondering just what exactly that entailed as he glanced over to Mallory. That meant she was the daughter of the devil himself, what the more devout would call the anti-christ. He looked back to the girl, looking her over carefully. He had always imagined the devil, and his kin, to be horrific or horrible, if they existed, not some innocent seeming small woman who he would even describe as cute, yet apparently, what was supposed to be the epitome of evil itself was exactly that, unless all that scripture was simply wrong. He put a hand to her, after hesitating, as he tried to manage a smile while saying "Uh...its a pleasure to meet you, Charlotte"

Charlie took his hand and shook it. “You too, Max, and it’s just Charlie.” She told him with a smile. She shot a teasing glare at Mallory, who playfully held up her hands in mock defeat. Mallory knows that Charlie hates being introduced by her full name, that’s why she does it of course.
The two of them went decades back, all the way to extermination that took place 90 years ago, which was only Mallory’s second.
Demons all over were scrambling for secure places, all the good ones, of course, were taken by overlords and their lackeys. Even Mallory couldn’t find a spot, last year wasn’t all too difficult, a rather flamboyant looking moth demon has allowed her to stay with him until it past. She soon figured out who he was, and hasn’t talked to him since, disgusted by his work.
It was the day of her second extermination, and still she had no hiding place, she decided she would fight her way out. The exterminators were quick, but so was Mallory, unfortunately there was only one of her, and thousands of them. She would have been overpowered had it not been for Charlie, who was helping denizens find shelter at the time. Charlie was wounded in the aftermath, but it was nothing Mallory couldn’t handle. Since then, the two have been good friends.
“If you don’t mind, Charlie, I already have a patient that needs medical attention. Is there a room I may use?” Mallory asked her friend. Charlie snapped back to her business mind and nodded. “Sure, it’s down the right hall and on the left.” She instructed.

Max smiled back at her, finding the genuine friendliness of it a welcome relief to the way the rest of hell had seemed so far, although, like Mallory's, there was still a part of him at the back of his mind that warned him to be cautious, although so far that feeling seemed to be much more well earned by Mallory than Charlie. As soon as they mentioned treating them, he quickly said, while holding up the arm that the demon he fought rather viciously mauled "Oh good, now that the Adrenaline is wearing off, this is starting to feel a lot worse..." He had been injured quite a few times, it was something that had come with the line of work, but you still never got used to feeling of being stabbed or really anything else that was terribly painful, and it certainly always felt terrible.

As they started to make their way to the hall, Mallory and Max passed through the lounge, which was mostly empty, aside from the bartender who seemed like a rather grumpy feline demon, although, much to Max's relief, he did not seem like a twitchy drug addict with a fried mine, just an asshole, and then another, very slender and very tall spider demon, who Max guessed, based on the chest, that they had to be a female. The spider spared only a passing glance at Max, before their attention focused entirely on Mallory. "She" smirked, showing a mouth full of teeth aside from a single gold tooth. "Whoa, where'd Charlie find a looker like you?' The demon said, seeming to either not care about Mallory's reputation or simply not knowing it.

Mallory pauses for a few seconds, turning to the spider. Her lips curled in to a sneer, recognizing him as Angel Dust, the...adult entertainment star. She absolutely despised his line of work, it only lead to disease, suffering, and pain. “The better question is why would Miss Charlotte house such a lost cause.” She shot back viciously, before putting back on an innocent smile, and continuing her way to room Charlie has lent her.
The moment she entered and closed the door, she mumbled a few words. Something about “Charlie” and “naivety”. She set her suit case on a desk and opened up a pocket containing all sorts of medical supplies. She pulled out a few bottles containing clear liquids, a few pill bottles, some sacks containing red liquid that can only be assumed is blood, as well as a few hypodermic needles. She turned back to Max. “I’ll try to make this as quick as possible for you.” She said. “Tell me where you feel the most pain, I’ll work from there.”
Mallory has a feeling her work will be interrupted sooner or later. The wretched spider’s type is persistent.
Charlie came in a few seconds later, and Mallory’s hair raised on end before she realized it was only Charlie. “Hello, dear. Come to watch?” She asked kindly. Charlie nodded. “It’s my duty as owner of this Hotel, that I make sure every demon within its walls is cared for!” She said proudly. Mallory wondered if that meant Charlie didn’t trust her, she kept quiet though.

Angel Dust shot up, opening his mouth to reply before he closed it. Sure, he may be just taking advantage of Charlie, but he still wanted to seem credible, and he definitely didn't like the idea of being called a lost cause right off the bat. He then smirked. She was clearly just playing hard to get, and while Angel wasn't the type to usually chase a dame, what with all the attention he got already, but for a body like that, he'd make an exception. With that in mind, he followed them up.
Once they got up into the room, Max found a chair by a table in the room and sat down, after taking off the ballistic vest he wore. Between the magazines, grenades and other equipment he carried on it, along with the metal plates inserted in it, it weighed upwards of 40 pounds, and he was happy to have it off. It then occurred to him that he could probably get the shirt he wore off too, so she wouldn't have to just work around the holes made it in it, and she wouldn't have to cut it open any more. Making the movements to get both the vest and shirt off hurt, causing him to wince. Once got himself ready around the same time Mallory got all of her medical items out, and he simply nodded to her. "My arm hurts a lot more than my shoulder...but I think that knife went a lot deeper than his teeth did" He said to her as he sat still, and bit down on his tongue, expecting it to still hurt quite a bit.
Max waved to Charlie silently, but stayed silent, until he saw the spider demon from earlier come to the door, and teased "What, you're stripping down already, ever heard of foreplay?" Max immediately flipped him off, and said "Fuck you" to which Angel Dust smirked, and said "You'll have to pay for that buddy"

Mallory rolled her eyes. “Ignore him, Max, he’s one of the more deserving souls to be down here.” She said, bitterly. It was strange to see Mallory act like this. Usually she was quite cheery, something about Angel Dust must tick her off.
She turned her attention towards Max again as Charlie turned away, seemingly flustered. Sure, she lives in Hell, but she wasn’t used to seeing demons without their shirts on.
Mallory nodded at Max before rubbing her chin thoughtfully. “His nite may have been venomous...” She said offhandedly. She shifted her glance to look at the spider for a second. Although she hated his work, something in his eyes intrigued her, the did say the eyes were the window to the soul.
She looked at Charlie, who was closer to her supplies than she was. “Charlie, can you hand me the bottle that says ‘antivenin’ and a needle?” She asked her friend. Charlie nodded happily and handed the needle and bottle to her. “Is this right?” Charlie asked, flickering her gaze to Max for a second “Yes, dear, thank you.” Mallory said.
She stuck the needle into the bottle and allowed it to fill with the clear liquid, she took it out and flicked it a few times, making sure there was no air in it. Charlie looked at it curiously. “What is it?” She asked. Mallory smiled at her curiosity. “If there was any venom in the demon’s bite, this will neutralize it, so it can’t do any more harm.” She explained to the princess, before turning to her patient. “Are you okay with that?”

Max arched an eyebrow, as he looked over to Angel Dust again. "wait, he?" he said with no small amount of confusion. Sure, he sounded maybe a bit masculine, but he looked a hell of a lot more like a she than a he. He looked back down at his arm, the wound making him feel a bit uneasy the longer he looked at it, which caused him to quickly avert his gaze. He didn't want to know what exactly he was looking at, whether it was just muscle and flesh, or if the demon had bitten down to the bone. As he averted his gaze from his arm, he caught Charlie doing the same from him, and at first, he simply assumed that it was probably because she had a problem with seeing blood or something, until, he noticed that she look flustered. He was confused for a moment, before he remembered that he was shirtless now, and he wondered then if she thought he was attractive or if she was simply a very modest girl. He was still thinking about that and watching her when she glanced again, and her accidentally caught her gaze.
Meanwhile, Angel Dust let himself in, ignoring Mallory's bitter tone, assuming that was part of her playing hard to get still. He would have noticed Charlie looking flustered in that moment, and likely teased her for it, had Mallory not looked back at him and looked into his eyes, which only encouraged him to keep going. He leaned himself against the table they were working on, shifting it a bit as he looked to Mallory, and said "You know, I don't think I ever caught you name sweetheart?" while he gave a confident, cool, smirk, his one golden tooth showing plainly from this close up.

Mallory moved close enough to examine Max’s wound, and where she would inject him. She settled on a patch of skin just below the wound so the as the blood past it on the way to his heart, it would dispense the antivenin into the wound and work it’s magic. “This’ll pinch but it won‘t kill you.” She warned Max and she injected him. She took out the needle and handed it back to Charlie, who threw it away. Luckily, with Max being nearly an immortal now that he was in Hell, the wound will heel quickly and not need stitches. It would have been a different story if the bite had reached his bone, which, thankfully, it didn’t.
Charlie gave him a reassuring smile, her canines being prominent. She realized that as long as she was here, she would get to know Max a bit. He was a client, but hey, she’s never met him before. “Are you perhaps need to Hell? Veteran demons don’t usually....get so hurt in fight. No offense!” She said quickly, waving her hands on front of her. Why did she need to say that?! God, she could be so stupid sometimes, now he’ll never want to stay here! No, be positive, that wasn’t that bad, Charlie told herself.
Mallory didn’t look up at Angel when he asked her name, busying herself with figuring out her next move as to not play his games. “Call me Mallory. And don‘t expect me to ask who you are, Angel Dust.” She said to the spider. For the first time, she looked directly at him, and although she was a good two and a half feet smaller than him, she wasn’t the least bit worried.

Max winced softly, but bit his tongue to keep from making any noise when she injected him with the anti-venom, hoping to look tough, even though he had taken a beating. When she smiled, Max immediately noticed her sharper teeth, but she still didn't seem nearly as threatening as Mallory or the demon that bit him. Infact, he wasn't really put off by her smile at all, although he hadn't seen what her smile was like when she wanted to look scary, and just how sharper those teeth could get. He smiled back at her, but that smile faded once she mentioned that he apparently was below the average in terms of fighting here in hell. He wasn't mad at her, she was right after all, he was new, but it stung his pride a bit. "Yeah, I think its barely been 30 minutes, if that, since I got here...and uh, for the record, I still won that fight, I just didn't expect him to start teleporting around." He said quickly.
Angel grinned widely, as he leaned in. "Oh so you already know who I am then! You must be a big fan then." He teased, nearly sitting on the table now. "You know I don't usually do free stuff for fans, especially with some of the letters I get, but I can make some time for you." He continued, as he looked into her eyes. Angel had to admit that Mallory had some pretty eyes, and not even in a lustful sense, they were simply the kind of eyes one could get lost staring into.

Charlie grinned widely at him. “Well, all I can say is welcome!” She greeted, with jazz hands for an extra effect, hoping to cheer him up. “If you technically won, I guess that’s a good start. Usually demons are already robbed blind on their first day.” She explained, a few of the more violent stories she’s heard rushed through her head. Demons getting decapitated, kidnapped, drugged, and this was her kingdom. “I didn’t mean to insult you, really. I think you must be a good fighter to have taken such blows.” She told him earnestly. She nodded at his explanation of the teleportation. “Most demons down here have an ability like that. You too, most likely.” She told him, taking a step closer to talk easier to him. Already, she thought he was interesting.
Mallory realized he could still be at risk for shock. He seemed fine right now, but this was Hell, many physical problem could appear nonexistent, but still be there. She grabbed a bottle by herself, realizing that Max and Charlie were having a conversation. Good, that might distract him from some of the pain. She shook a few pills out and handed them to Max, implying she wanted him to take them. She looked back at Angel Dust to realize he was a lot closer.
She wrinkled her nose at him and was tempted to lean back, but stood her ground. She stared back, accidentally finding herself studying his own eyes. She thought their strangeness was alluring, but forced herself to look away. “I’m not interested in the slightest.” She told him, blunt again. She made herself not say any more, worried that if she looked at him again, she would be stuck staring at him again.

Max smirked at her over-exaggerated hand motion, and nodded. "I can't say I'm surprised about that, thats what the guy who did this to me wanted anyways, he just wasn't expecting me to put up a fight...and yeah, I'd say so. I had a tour of duty as a Marine, and was on my second one when I got chosen for Force Recon...but I bit the bullet on my first op, the whole damn thing was a mess though, I don't think the guys planning the whole thing had any idea what were actually going to be facing." He said pridefully, despite knowing that odds are, Charlie didn't actually know the implications of that. Of course, he wasn't sure how much the others knew either, for all he knew, he could be the only one here from the 21st century. Max took the pills when Mallory handed to him, and quickly swallowed them. "How exactly does a demon learn how to use their abilities then? Does it just come naturally over time or something?" He asked Charlie, figuring that next time he might be as lucky with who he was fighting, knowing that he'd probably need to be on an even playing field with them.
Angel watched the way she stared at him, and then forced herself to look away. She wanted him, he could tell, or atleast he thought that was the case, and he decided that if he kept prodding, she'd cave and give him exactly what he wanted. "Oh come on, don't give me that! You're good at playing hard to get, but I can see right through that sweetcheeks." He said, as he watched her work, still beaming with absolute confidence in himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back