• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Of Heroes, Villains, and Vigilantes

Laeta

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
Hello! If we need to discuss anything, we will do it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, so what is the lineup right now? How many heroes, vigilantes, and villains? That will decide what I will make.

What is an anti-hero in this context? Normally I would have thought that it was a villain who is the story's protagonist. Is that different to a regular villain in an RP?

Ironrot said:
What is an anti-hero in this context? Normally I would have thought that it was a villain who is the story's protagonist. Is that different to a regular villain in an RP?
Hero is Daredevil. Anti-hero is Punisher.

An antihero is a hero who will kill Villians and doesn't care about the law. Anti-Villains are villians that try to do good (by their logic) but end up hurting others.

Okay I finished my background. Excuse the ridiculous amount of Deadpool references I slipped in there.

AlphaDraco said:
Anti-hero is a vigilante.
I always thought that an anti-hero was a hero who did it for the wrong reason, while a vigilante was the one who didn't care about the laws. You see, Batman is an anti-hero, but he doesn't kill anyone. He is an anti-hero because he is in it for revenge rather than simply to do good. It is for his own personal gain. An anti-hero can be a vigilante, but they are not the same thing, they are seperate.

Laeta said:
I always thought that an anti-hero was a hero who did it for the wrong reason, while a vigilante was the one who didn't care about the laws. You see, Batman is an anti-hero, but he doesn't kill anyone. He is an anti-hero because he is in it for revenge rather than simply to do good. It is for his own personal gain. An anti-hero can be a vigilante, but they are not the same thing, they are seperate.
Interesting. Someone should really look it up.

Ironrot said:
Cheers for the quick replies there.
I might try to knock out a villain for you lot to hunt later today.
Good deal.

My post will include gunshots. So feel free to be drawn to them, if you want. That's for everyone.

And also to clear this up. Anti-Heros and bad guys that fuck up worse guys. They don't really care about the law, but they do put it in place. Like if an Anti-Hero was going to kill a badder guy and they kill someone else in the process, they would shrug it off and call it collateral damage. Unlike a vigilante (Think of Batman who I personally think is more vigilante than hero) who would fuck up worse guys but would tread lightly around the law. Like they wouldn't kill someone if they had the choice to just lock them up, they would just beat them up really bad, send them to jail and go about their way. Unlike an Anti-Hero who would just kill them and be done with it. A vigilante would try to at least stay a little bit in the hero range, whereas a Anti-Hero thinks that heroes are stupid goody two shoes and would much rather murder someone with good intentions and kill a bunch of other people in the process by accident rather than kill a bunch of people for no reason like a Villan or go out of their way to save people like a Hero or try to get the Villan but wind up saving some idiot and letting the Villan get away. Comprende?

Laeta said:
I think we're trying to seperate terms which are a lot less defined here.

A real vigilante is anyone who is not some form of law enforcement. So (without reading comics) Spiderman is a vigilante, superman too probably.

I think its different in comics but I think what@AlphaDraco said sounds roughly correct.

In a more general context, I'm fairly sure that an anti-hero is a character like Walter White (Breaking Bad) or Frank Underwood (House of Cards). People who are pitched as the 'hero' of a story despite being terrible people who do evil things.

1. a central character in a story, movie, or drama who lacks conventional heroic attributes.

That is the definition of anti-hero, looks like you were right about this one @Ironrot!

1. a member of a self-appointed group of citizens who undertake law enforcement in their community without legal authority, typically because the legal agencies are thought to be inadequate.

Here is the definition of vigilante.

I have an idea for a villain, so I am going to make that soon, then I will see if I can make a hero.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back