• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Of Heroes, Villains and Vigilantes

Laeta

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken
It is common knowledge that crime goes on everywhere in the world. Everyone has been subjected to something unfair, or unjust. It isn't new. We have learned to accept these things as a part of life. The people that don't get reprihanded for the wrongs they have done, and the people who retaliate are the ones who face the punishment.

Everyone knows of the villains that plague the cities. The ones that take what they want, when they want. They come in all shapes and sizes. From that low life that pick pocketed a frail old woman, to the ones that live among as villains, but no one acknowledges as the villains, like the owner of that cigarette business that claimed countless lives. Villains are all around us, they are everywhere we go. The most dangerous ones,are the ones with the powers. They can, and will, use those powers for their own gain. Chances are that you know a villain, and you either know or you don't know that they are a villain. Maybe even, you choose not to know that they are a villain. Either way, they are still there and all villains must be stopped. "By whom? You may ask. By their opposites, by the heroes of course.

The heroes come in and save the day. That is what they are suppose to do anyways. The heroes are suppose to be the food wholesome people that believe in a righteous world, free of villains. Their sole purpose is to stop these villains. They are brave and true. When someone is in need, they are there. Much like Villains, heroes may come in different forms, but the ones that are most recognizable are the ones that have powers. The ones that appear in the newspaper 'AND THE DOVE DOES IT AGAIN, MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE ONE CRIME AT A TIME" They are the ones that work during the day. Unfortunately, they let some go. On purpose or on accident, it varies from hero to hero. The ones who take care of the villains that slip away, are the vigilantes.

The vigilantes work at night, preferring not to be in the newspaper, or seen by anyone. Their first concern is justice. They aren't like the heroes, they don't care about the law. The law doesn't work all the time, and when it doesn't work, they do. They usually take care of the underground criminals. The mob, the upper gangs, the mafia. They end up taking down many politicians as well. Some vigilantes have powers, some don't. All of them want justice to be what wins in the end. By all means necessary. Vigilante a do what heroes won't or can't do. They take down the villains, yes, but sometimes they go too far. Vigilantes can be too brutal. Sometimes they kill when they shouldn't, destroy when they don't have to, all under the defense that it was in the name of justice.

That is what this world is built on.

Rules

-Be a detailed writer, tell us what your character is doing, thinking, and feeling.

-The choices are to be a hero, villain, or vigilante. Don't go off and make your own category. I will even be nice and say that anti-heroes and anti-villains are allowed as well. However, there will be no one playing as citizens.

-Don't just drop out, if you are getting bored and want to leave, just tell me. If you just drop it, the whole thing could be ruined.

-Cussing is okay, violence is okay (obviously), and romance is okay, just fade to black during the *ahem* romantic scenes.

-No God-Moding

-No harassing other Rpers

-Have Fun!

Link:Of Heroes, Villains, and Vigilantes

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this. And I've got a few characters in mind, from idly drawing up Mutants and Masterminds characters in a portion of my free time. Like an immortal swordsman who constantly mentions that he was various historical figures. And an ex-paratrooper vigilante who was given what amounts to a hammerspace device that he uses to store inordinate amounts of weaponry. And the designer of said hammerspace device, who goes around with an anti-grav ring that doubles as a knuckleduster because fuck, nobody said the bastard was sane.

What sort of theme of character are you going for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Fezzes said:
I like this. And I've got a few characters in mind, from idly drawing up Mutants and Masterminds characters in a portion of my free time. Like an immortal swordsman who constantly mentions that he was various historical figures. And an ex-paratrooper vigilante who was given what amounts to a hammerspace device that he uses to store inordinate amounts of weaponry. And the designer of said hammerspace device, who goes around with an anti-grav ring that doubles as a knuckleduster because fuck, nobody said the bastard was sane.
What sort of theme of character are you going for?
Hello!

All your characters sound cool. I hadn't actually thought of the theme of the characters yet, I just have the idea behind the story so far. As long as your character isn't the god/godess of all things good and nice, and the reason you are here is because you want everything to be God and nice and you see the goodness in everyone, I am fine with it.

I'll probably join this. I have several heroes up my sleeves, a few villians, and a pinch of vigilantes. The hard choice would be desiring which one to use.

AlphaDraco said:
I'll probably join this. I have several heroes up my sleeves, a few villians, and a pinch of vigilantes. The hard choice would be desiring which one to use.
Why not all of them! I kid, but I look forward to having you in the rp! Just do what you are most comfortable with!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back