• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Of Cults and Road Trips (Private)

Aremir's gaze lit up at her joy. Grinning, he went to collect their packs, handing Blodwein hers and stomping out the remains of the fire. The sun had risen above the mountain tops, and the day before them seemed more promising than ever, even if they would have to wade through sludge to get there. "Don't speak too soon my lady, the gods never look kindly upon it." He said with a smile, eyes twinkling. "We still have a long ways to go before we are clear of the mountain, and I do not look forward to meeting whatever demon was kind enough to leave us such a surprise." He pressed some dried fruit into her hands from his pack. "Eat. And then we shall go on. No way out but through, as it were." as he spoke he stepped back up to the entrance, looking over the wide expanse of terrain, rocky and dangerous, and holding monsters unspoken. They seemed to call to him.

Once Blodwein had finished breakfast, he crouched down, gesturing for her to get on his back again. "Up you go, my lady. After all- it would hardly be gentlemanly of myself to let you trudge through such filth." he said the last part in jest- both he and his charge were now covered head to toe in stone dust, blood, sweat, ash, and black ichor.

Blodwein tilted her head with amusement, laughing gently as she slotted herself onto his wide back. "I am already quite dirty as is, you know.. I should change my name to Ashlyn with just how much soot is covering me!" Making herself comfortable, she held on tightly as the ranger slogged through the black watery slime; enjoying the fact her thoughts and heart weren't racing a mile a minute for once. She grew to admire Aremir even more then, for she couldn't possible comprehend how he dealt with nature so easily, even with all his expertise. Although, dealing with demonic curses is not something one would normally have to deal with in nature.. She mused.

Once they cleared the dark gross ichor and made it to the regular dirt path, the little elf slid down from his shoulders, stumbling as her feet touched the ground. She had forgotten how badly her body was actually hurting, but wanted to continue on by herself regardless. "Do you know if there is a small town or village coming up..? I feel as if I'm practically nude with how ripped up my clothes are.... I'll need to invest in some armor quickly." With a pout, she took a glance over Aremir's protective gear longingly. "Do you think you could ever teach me how to use a sword..? I want to know how to better protect myself in the aspect as well!"

Aremir smiled at her. "We will not reach a town until we leave the mountains. You were going on a journey- for how long, you did not know, off to unknown lands to find your people- and you did not bring a change of clothes?" he laughed. "For the time being, take my cloak." The hem was torn to shreds, but this did not seem to matter than much as the fabric practically swallowed the girl whole as soon as he laid it around her shoulders. He considered her next question with much more care; caution, even.

"I suppose if you truly want to know, I could teach you. I am... especially experienced with long swords, and I do not know if that would quite fit your... ahem, stature, should we say. But I know how to use a short sword, and the principles are all the same, anyway. It is not the skill of the teacher that will guide you, but your own skill, and willingness to learn. And anyone can learn- it is what makes war so dangerous. But in order to truly learn how to defend yourself, you must be willing to attack. There are very rarely draws in sword fights, and there is very often blood. It is not for the faint of heart- or even for those with an average level of courage. If it was, bodyguards would be out of a job. But you have shown exceptional courage thus far, so I do not see why not. That is, again, if you truly want to learn. Do not think of it as wanting to learn how to defend yourself, that is a false truth. Think of it as learning to maim, kill, draw blood. That is what you need to be prepared- to want to learn."

Blodwein's momentary joy in wearing Aremir's cloak was quickly diminished by his serious lecture, her breathe quickening at the mention of drawing blood and having to hurt and...possibly kill another person. How could she be so foolish to think that a sword was simply just a means of protection, when in fact, it was so much more then that. Working and living in a church had protected her from some of the harsher realities of the world, but she still learned of wars and thoughtless murders when the townspeople would come to pray, and even grieve to her about them. Even with owning her own dagger did she never think to hurt anyone with it...but then what is it's purpose..? She was nothing more then a nun, and before that, a lost little elf girl running from people that want to ruin her body and mind....and she couldn't even think to try to hurt them back in defense. I guess I'm not so courageous after all..

"I'll have to t-think about it for s-sometime l-longer..." She answered wearily, gulping down her panic before it could show on her face. "I-I'm sorry I forgot to bring more clothes as well....I don't know what I was thinking then either.. But thank you for letting me borrow your cloak for the time being.. I'll be sure to prepare and repack better once we reach a town." After that, it fell silent for a while, Blodwein absorbed in her own thoughts for a while, only breaking out of them to catch up to Aremir's side again. Eventually she opted to just hold on the ranger's hand, finding it much easier to keep up with him that way, not thinking that it might be awkward for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back