• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Occult Detectives : The Red Truth [CLOSED]

Grosso Nerdo

Molto Nerdo
Roleplay Type(s)
United Kingdom, 1926.
A small team of detectives investigate murders and other serious crimes for the police.
This team is known as the Kerberos squad and each of them hold the keys to some occult art.

Join the Kerberos squad and discover the truth !

During this roleplay, the players will investigate a series of crimes, attempting to solve them using logic and their respective powers. I will act as GM but if, after a few solved crimes, a player wants to run a crime mystery aswell, I will give them GM privilege for the duration of that mystery.

All powers rest on the concept of Red Truth, directly inspired by the visual novel "Umineko". Red Truths are absolute truth, you don't have to worry about proving them, they are self-evident. However, Red Truths can be deceptive, and the actual truth may be hidden behind clever wordplay. For example, the Red Truth "A Baker committed this crime" could indicate that someone of that profession committed the crime, but it could also indicate that someone that is, or was, named "Baker" committed the crime. Only one of those interpretation can be true.

Discover the cast and their respective power below :

The Policeman : Gurokawa Gurokawa
Red Truth from Witnesses
When talking to a witness (or someone that has information on the current case), the policeman may sometimes detect what they say as a Red Truth

The Physician : Lucipurr Lucipurr
Red Truth from Bodies

When examining a body, living or dead, the physician may sometimes extract a Red Truth from them.

The Detective : BuggaBoo BuggaBoo
Red Truth from Clues

When examining a clue (generally an object, like a murder weapon) the detective may sometimes extract a Red Truth from them.

The Alchemist : DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0
Red Truth from Gold

By destroying valuable gold, the alchemist may directly query an otherworldly entity for a Red Truth

The Prophet : Grosso Nerdo Grosso Nerdo
Crimesight

The prophet periodically gains a Red Truth that will allow them to steer the Kerberos squad toward a crime that occurred in the past, present or will occur in the future.
Note : This character's purpose is to send the team on mission and provide them help if they find themselves stuck on a particular case.

Interested in joining this investigative team ? Then heed the following :
- Each crime will feature one of the players a lead investigator. The lead investigator's role is to give the final versions of events at the end of an investigation. Only their version will be accepted as an official guess.
- The activity rate of this roleplay can vary, you can generally expect daily updates, but quick updates may happen more often.
- This roleplay has a potential for gore, things like missing limbs can occur, but all gore is generally only shown after any wound was inflicted. It will also generally also be described "matter-the-factly" as investigators have no time for the overly gruesome. For example : "The body is severely disfigured, it is impossible to discern any features but dental records could still be used."
- To make your interest known, post down below and include the name of a fruit in your post to let me know you've read this post in full.
- Only four spots are open for now, I will not expand the roster so do not ask. But if you have an idea of an alternate power for one of the existing roles, do tell me and maybe we can make it work.

Last edited:
The idea is interesting! If more people pop in then I'm for it! We love a good murder mystery

I also heard physicians love apples

Last edited:
Excellent ! I'll set up the pages in a short time, you will pinged on those pages. We'll do character creation and then... Onto the investigation ! :coolshades:

Well, the detective is taken. But I do have a candidate for the policeman. Just a question. Would these red truths be some form of Clairvoyance?

Well, the detective is taken. But I do have a candidate for the policeman. Just a question. Would these red truths be some form of Clairvoyance?
The only character which power could be considered Clairvoyance is the Prophet, A Red Truth is more of a meta-knowledge, in universe, the characters cannot explain why what they call Red Truth is always true, it simply is a conclusion they have made over the course of them discovering their occult powers.

This is a really cool idea! I'd be happy to join in.
Did you know policemen enjoy pears?

Last edited:
Aw man, I should have put my interest in before, berry sorry about that! Perhaps another time 😔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back