• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic ↱OASIS↲

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
oasis2.png

Welcome to Oasis.

Ten years ago, this was a bustling city, fueled by an interstellar port that the Genesis Corporation ran. Now? Now it’s not. There was an explosion. Some people say it was a declaration of war from Omega, others think that the GenCorp scientists bit off more than they could chew.

I'm still here, though. And you’re here too. And people like us? We gotta stick together. Make sure GenCorp never comes back, that Omega don't ever annex us. They’ll want to, of course. Everyone wants people like us. We're Talented, after all.

But just in case things get bad… Well, that’s the thing about a bomb. You always make a spare.

Last edited by a moderator:
06:45, Town Square

Ten years ago, there was a beautiful public park in front of the city hall. It had green grass mowed in a diamond pattern, benches, and carefully curated flowers.

Today, the grass was thinner, browner, interspersed with weeds that came halfway up your shin. The ornamental flowers had long since died out without regular care, and wildflowers took their place. The benches were still there, though. And in the center of it all was a man tied to a wooden pole, a burlap sack over his face, too forlorn to struggle or protest.

Around him paced the sheriff, wearing a wide-brimmed hat tilted over his face to block the stark morning sunbeams.

“Phillip Parson,” the sheriff announced, “You are being executed for the crime of espionage. Because of you, there are people out there who know who we are, where we are, and what we can do. Do you have any last words?”

Phillip sobbed. “We’re a sin against God… Fucking monsters, we’re going to burn in Hell…”

The sheriff backed up, until he was behind the firing squad – less a squad, and more a few marksmen from around town who were willing to perform an execution in exchange for free liquor.

“Fire at will.”

Bullets sang in harmony as the sun continued to rise over the talented little town of Oasis and the ruins of the larger city it once was. The sheriff took off his hat and held it over his chest in somber remembrance, but he could not bring himself to raise his head.

He turned and left quickly, but not before hearing those well-meaning words that sucked the warmth out of his blood.

"My condolences, Sheriff Parson."

[media]

[/media]

With the echoing gunshots fading into the rising daily heat of the Oasis, another sound began to grow. A soft chanting hum with a voice rising up to stand out from the melodic buzzing.

Make his fight on the hill in the early day

Oh Lord, Constant chill deep inside

Shouting gun, on they run through the endless grey

On they fight, for they're right

Yea, but who's to say?

The small procession, led by the eponymous Olive Eades, made their way down the street to the overgrown execution site. Olive in the lead, singing from her book and the other four providing chorus. Her small 'church' had made it clear they did not approve of the execution of the old Sheriff but they didn't hold much power in terms of dispensing at least mortal justice but Olive would be damned if the man didn't get a proper burial.

For a hill, men would kill, why?

They do not know

Stiffened wounds test their pride

Men of five, still alive through the raging glow

Gone insane from the pain that they surely know

Reaching the body, the four behind Olive form a small half circle. The white haired girl ensures the man has indeed died and pulls off the restraints. His body falls into the waiting arms of the four who hold him up as if carrying a coffin. Blood flows from the gaping wounds in his body onto the procession who continue on with Olive now follow them, stopping only to shoot both the squad and the new Sheriff a dirty look. Her singing continues.

For whom the bell tolls

Time marches on

For whom the bell tolls

The words carry on, haunting the already tense air further until they reach the small gravesite dug out the night previous. Purposefully dug, the grave is out in the open, beside a dying tree right off main street. The body is dropped in and the chanting stops. Olive steps up, tossing a handful of dirt in.

"Upon thee wickedly, the gift of ash is granted. Rest not long in your Resurrection, for the crimes of man do not equate the crimes of God in this land. Your brave death begins a journey anew and no longer shall your sins haunt your mind. Go now in peace, free to live without your burdens and debts."

She turns around as her followers start burying the body. The young girl with bone white hair crosses her arms as she steps into the street proper, just daring anyone to say anything. Her blue eyes do settle down onto the Sheriff, a damning gaze punctuated by the shovel strikes into the dead earth behind her.

Mood: Drunk

With: Olive & Sheriff Parson

OOC: Short and shitty because I'm in a slight hurry, sorry

@: @Teh Frixz @welian

Earl watched the execution as he drank down a flask full of alcohol. He drank heavily throughout the day normally, but seeing the sheriff execute someone brought back harsh memories, as did the oncoming chanting. He emptied his flask and grabbed a second flask and began on it - watching the girl with bone white hair burying the dead. It seemed like the town was constantly on edge now-a-days. Earl could feel the unease of everyone in the town even without touching anyone. No matter how drunk he was.

Earl rocked back in his chair and sipped at his flask. He wanted to shout at everyone but knew it wouldn't help. Another drink and he was on his feet and heading for the preacher girl and the law man. He took a large drink from his flask and drunkenly blurted at Olive, "Ain't you suppose to be home bein' babysat and not here harassin' the poor law man?"

He looked at the sheriff and nodded in condolence to the man and then turned his glaring gaze at Olive.

"The man has a job to do and you damning him ain't goin' to make things easier for him."

Earl slid the flask into his pocket and crossed his arms over his chest, staring down the girl with a clearly angry look on his face.

Earl. The drunkard louse. Of all the people to be attempting to admonish her, of course it was him. She turns to see him come stumbling over, that same sort of 'world weariness' on his face he always had. A bunch of tripe if you asked her. The man was merely wretched and wanted people to be as miserable as he was so he at the very least wouldn't be alone.

She closes her eyes and speaks, a little sigh rumbling out.

"It is no mans job to slay the innocent, Earl. This was no just killing and if I cannot prevent the death, I can at least make the living understand the sin they've committed." She opens her eyes to look him up and down. "Speaking of, I see you've already begun your dual purpose of assailing your liver and single handedly supporting the liquor industry of Oasis. Besides being in the presence of a funeral, a Preacher of God, a law enforcement official and a young girl, you reek of alcohol. Or did the standards of decency change in the last few seconds?"

The look of anger becomes one of smugness. A proud sort of look in her eyes as she stares up at the tall wretch.

With: Olive & Sheriff Parson

OOC:

@: @Teh Frixz

Earl thought about her words for a moment before finally saying, "The laws of decency changed the day I was born, and the standards themselves were amended the first night I spent with my to be wife. But no, I don't s'ppose the standards have changed at all since then. 'Least I haven't gotten a memo 'bout it yet." He considered his own words for a moment more before looking down at the girl. She was clearly proud of herself and smug all about her righteousness. He wasn't going to let her win. Ever.

"And as for my drunkenness, I woke up drunk this morning. I kept drinking because, honestly, I've been drunk for so long that I'm terrified that if I sobered up the accumulative hangover might kill me." He admitted to her with a sigh. "Just like how you're 'fraid of growing up, kid." He sneered.

The short kid had been up everyone's ass since she was born, or so he supposed, and he was ready to kick her ass when the time came. It would come. It always does, for everyone.

"Now ain't you supposed to not throw stones?" He asked curiously, "Y'know. 'Cause of all the sinnin' you've done."

"And what, pray tell, would that be?" She spins around so her back is to him, taking a few steps toward the filled in grave before turning back.

"Though I must admit, if growing up was a factor for being a good servant of the lord, your age alone should qualify you for sainthood. I wonder what went so wrong"

With a pleasant thunking sound, a cross is driven into the grave, marking the final resting place of the dead man.

"A godless childhood of abuse? Or was your heart broken and now you take it out through a gilding of liquor. Either way, I'm certain your path truly is the better way to 'grow up" she even air quotes.

Dean watched the execution with morbid curiosity, it was always a strange spectacle watching the life of a man destroyed in an instant. The ghoulish figure took another long breath from his cigarette before blowing out smoke. He then dropped it and then crushed the roll of tobacco and paper onto the ground before cushing it underneath his leather shoes. He heard the argument between the pipsqueak child and some man Dean had only ever seen looking down the bottle of grog. While ordinarily Dean wouldn't intervene in the affairs of such vagrants but there was something about her attitude towards the drunkard that made him mad.

"As a student of sociology," Dean began, this was a lie, all he'd ever read was some textbook so he could impersonate a doctor for a con "I believe you should be using your sociological imagination." He said "The rule stipulates that you shouldn't judge ones morals and beliefs by their own." Dean said calmly "I suggest you leave my associate alone by taking you and your little kiddlywink cult and fucking off. Your holier art thou attitude pisses me off."

alicerobot.png

Mood: Wary

Location: Genesis Corporation warehouse near the edge of the crater.

Company: Alone... maybe.

@'s: -

Other: Anyone's welcome to jump in, let me know OOC first though so there's not double postings.
Alice

From somewhere out of view, inside the ruins of an old Genesis Corporation warehouse, long abandoned by those who once worked within it's walls, a figure quietly hummed a merry tune. A single shaft of light illuminated the expansive room, particles of dust from years gone by floated through the beam as they made their way from whoever disturbed their resting place. Suddenly without warning a sizeable piece of metal flew into view, the ripples it sent through the air shooting the dust into a frenzy as their peace was disturbed even more.

As the metal clattered to the floor on the other side of the warehouse, the unnamed figure let out some noises of interest. "Ohhh" and "ahhh" and other little quips one would make while studying something that's caught their eye, but it's interest didn't last, with yet more pieces of unidentifiable rubble being thrown across the empty room with a clatter.

A gunshot reverberated quietly through the air, and with it followed silence. The figure stopped moving completely, obviously processing the external noise it didn't create.

"Parson." a female voice stated suddenly. The execution of Parson was today at Sunrise by firing squad. That meant that she had been out all night again, it was easy to lose track of time when you were busy.

Picking up her humming once again the figure once again started firing pumps of old machinery across the warehouse until, with an exclamation of success, she found what she was looking for.

"You little beauty! I knew there was one out here, there just
had to be! Aww yes yes yes yes!" The figure sang to herself as it pranced into view and under the sunbeam flooding through the warehouse's damaged ceiling.

"Alice, you've done it again! The Garage's power generator's will be saved once more!" sang the now clearly robotic figure. "Alice" as she called herself was not human, no she was far from it these days. Her face consisted of a bright blue faceplate like screen, behind which the faint outline of visual processors could be made out, the rest of her body, underneath the tight blue top and knee-length fitted cargo pants, was made entirely of a metallic alloy, painted with a light pinkish beige paint featuring celadon coloured highlights.

As Alice hummed and studied the power coupler she had discovered within the wreckage, her faceplate lit up with a large pulsing music note surrounded by little hearts, clearly she was happy with her discovery, but it wasn't to last. Outside, a rattling noise caught her immediate attention.

Alice's faceplate blinked off, it's blue light disappearing as she quietly dashed towards the rubble pile she was rummaging through only a few moments before, her rubber padded metal feel tinking quietly off the warehouses concrete floor.

Something was nearby, what it was exactly Alice couldn't be sure of, however it wouldn't take her long to find out. Picking up a small pistol like
"gun", Alice flipped a switch near the front of it's barrel and turned a dial above it's grip. The weapon was in truth a combined welding torch and cutter Alice used for her mechanic work, however light modifications made by herself to it's power supply and lenses now let it "cut" and "weld" at a distance...

From under her blue faceplate, five red lights spaced out like the points of a star faded into view, as Alice switched her vision to infra-red detection. She may be robotic, but that didn't mean Alice shouldn't take precautions from danger, especially when she was essentially robbing Gencorp of their shit, alright so they abandoned it, but they still technically owned it. Not to mention the large collection of nefarious characters that skulked about Oasis looking for, well, whatever they were looking for, like power couplings for example.

Jack

Jack hadn't heard anything that day in Oasis, in fact he had just been at his house doing chores. He had that day off and wanted to clean his domicile before he had some fun that day. As he finished folding his clothes he looked around. He knew he had folded his favorite workout t-shirt. He found it, it was bright yellow and had the words Wide Load printed across it. He slipped the shirt on and threw on some black shorts. He then tied his bandana around his face and put on his favorite ball cap. The clothes were vintage by the standards of a futuristic society, but it was Jack's style. With his shoes tied Jack walked outside, not bothering to lock his door as he had nothing worth taking.

Jack searched hiss yard for something to use for a workout. His eyes fell upon a section of I-Beam, complete with straps, that he had made for running with. Jack hoisted the beam onto his shoulders, took a few deep breaths, and began running down the street, he had a path that lead him through town and back to his house. Jack smiled as he ran with the section of beam that would be difficult to lift even for a strong normal human.

It must have been a spectacle to witness a man wearing a ball cap and a bandana run with a huge weight on his back.

"From a sociological position, you both shall remain in my prayers. Lost sheep far from the path of the almighty, you seek to bleat and complain at the Shepard." She raises a hand to her chest, flat against her body before raising it up.

"Your transgressions are forgiven as I bless you both in good hope that it'll stick more than a few hours this time"

She spins around, hair and coat flailing out as she walks up to the grave, tapping the top of the cross. "For the record" she looks back, shooting a glance "You approached me"

Connor sat, and waited, for perhaps the fifth day in a row. His rifle was set up in front of him, but he wasn't looking down the scope. No, but he was still looking around. It was surprising how far away he could see, and things moving caught the eye a lot easier. He wouldn't be able to see movement with the tunnel vision he'd get from looking down the scope. But there it was, it finally appeared. It was a boar mixed with a porcupine, a quill boar to be exact. Nasty things with nasty tempers. This one had been rooting through people's gardens and trash, and with something this big and aggresive, it was only a matter of time until someone got hurt. He had to land the first shot, and make it a fatal one, or risk either pissing it off and dealing with it charging him, or scaring it off and having to track it down all over again.

Pointing his rifle in the general direction of the quill boar, he looks into the scope, the horizon jumping forward. Making the minir adjustments to actually see the damn thing, he studies it for a good place to place the shot. It's side was facing him, which meant an easy shot on the heart. That meant that he could sell the head as a trophy, and the quills would be undamaged. Perfect, a little cash and a good deed done.

Adjusting for the distance, two and a half notches up, and the wind, one to the right, he prepares to fire. A quick breath in, hold it, and squeeze the trigger. The crack of the shot would only just be heard by the quill boar, if even, but the boom was right next to Connor. And a second later, the quill boar jumped, tried to run, but staggered to the ground and didn't get back up.

'Damn it.' he thought to himself. It hadn't been a fatal shot. Now the poor thing was suffering down there, and he'd have to put another bullet in it. Lucky for him he had a pistol so he didn't have to waste any o his rifle rounds. Making his way down, he eventually makes his way to where the boar lay, laboring to breath. He must have hit a lung instead of the heart, poor thing. But he was here now, and a job had to be done. Taking out his hunting revolver, he lines up the much easier shot and puts the beast out of it's suffering. Now, all he had to do was drag it somewhere he could safely cut out all the bits no one wanted and ditch them in the forest for the scavangers to eat. Lucky him he had some rope. Unlucky him the quills were still razor sharp.

MaInFrAmE

Amy stared at the rustic doors of the abandoned warehouse, her eyes roaming the area with measured precision. It was one of the few places off the plans for the past renovations in security measures. Cameras had become one of Mainframe’s most valuable assets, and if there were no cameras to hack into, pinch off a little bit of the feed, then physical advances into the area had to be made. It was rare for the runners to split up, but Todd was currently buying the sustenance for Mainframe’s other bodies, waving away concerns towards Amy’s absence.

Few people knew of Mainframe’s existence, and none knew exactly how it worked. It was similar to a biological WiFi, a connection ingrained into the 5 childhood friends since birth by way of similar neurological mutations. Apart, none of the 5 had thought anything of their closeness, but with all five memories at hand to compare, Mainframe could see itself budding in their relationship for quite a while. It’s own subconscious memories of little scraps and pieces coming into place were as close as nostalgic as it could get.

Amy moved with caution, going in blind without the help of the downed systems. Her mission was to restore connection to the public electricity, something that from what Mainframe had put together, wouldn’t be too difficult. After a little rerouting, it would only take a few seconds to highjack some electricity for the warehouse to continue running. Amy squeezed through the slightly open gate of the warehouse, getting down on her butt and sliding under the partially open metal gate. Amy heard a small reverberating sound of gunfire from far off, but didn’t pay it any mind, nor was she surprised. Parson’s death had been scheduled for quite some time, and Amy had actually been there to watch it happen. Well, Mainframe had been, through Todd as he came back with bread, ham, and soda.

Amy, however, was not ready for the noise of excited cheering. It had a synthesized tone to it, but nothing could subdue the pure excitement in the voice. Amy walked through the aisles, heading directly towards the sound. She crouched down low, peeking around the boxes and getting an eyeful of the robotic figure dancing in the light of a broken ceiling. It was enthralling, and coupled with the glance to the power couplings that would surely come in handy to making a connection to the local electricity that Mainframe had scrounged up, Amy didn’t notice the loose tupperware container full of bolts that she bumped as she began to pick herself up.

Mainframe didn’t hear the noise, but was avid in watching the robotic figure dive for a pile of random bits of what he could only ascertain as valuable. The low thrum of energy, however, got Mainframe and, in turn, Amy’s attention. The change of lights on the figure’s view was also quite intimidating, so with a quick statistic check of her odds in running away or pretending to be a tumbleweed, Amy stood up with her arms up above her head, her voice wavering,
“I-I’m sorry. I, uh, I didn’t mean to bother you.” Her words were nervous, but the tone was not. Neither was it confident, however, and if anything, it was interested dulled with a very monotonous inflection.

@Giyari

With: Olive & Sheriff Parson & Dean

OOC:

@: @Bullet Tooth Tony

Earl was going to give Olive a piece of his mind when some bonehead came in and started jabbering some nonsense about sociology. He stared at at the new man, Dean he thought, and began to glare at him. He pulled out his flask and drank down its contents in hopes it would help him survive this encounter - or at least help Dean survive opening his mouth. It did. Finally he silenced and it seemed the encounter with both Olive and Dean had come to an end.

"My god I'm surrounded by idiots - and the damned girl is the smartest one! Why do I even stay here?" He grumbled loud enough so that everyone around him could hear.

Earl turned on his heel and headed back to his clinic slash house. Honestly it was more house than anything. The town had a real clinic, but he was more inclined to help the more unsavory side of the town than anything. He stepped up onto his porch and sat down on his chair, leaning back and kicking his feet up onto the railing. He grabbed another flask from next to his chair and opened it and took a long drink. He looked out at where Dean and Olive were, growling in his throat in disgust.

He just wanted to be left alone and be allowed to interfere with other people's lives and harass them at his own free will. He was a drunk old man - he had rights damnit.

||Theme Song||

Wilhelm Scream- James Blake ||Mood|| Slightly aggravated, satisfied.

dacquoise.regular.png

It was so easy. Oh so easy. It had become something of a habit for the woman slipping in between people who walked alongside her, unaware of their little items being snatched away from them, she absolutely loved the brief look of realization which would come over some of the unlucky fellows she thieved from. Truth be told, the young woman only did it for the spike of adrenaline which seemed to surge throughout her, taking pleasure in the rush which followed after she had successfully taken something. It didn't have to be anything of significance, she would begin her day with nabbing something particularly small, going unnoticed in the presence of others as she did so. Her mother used to complain about the randomness in which she selected her objects, arguing that they were of little value and going silent when Rue hinted at the unfortunate circumstances concerning dear old Daddy.

It wasn't as if she missed the man much, dear God no. She merely utilized his death to shut up the old hag who had taken it upon herself to nag about everything seeing as she could no longer do anything of importance, Rue assumed that she was being a bitch however it didn't seem to stick within her mind. She had more important things to be concerned with and one of them involved a hefty favor that she owed one of her companions, well...not exactly a companion, more of an 'acquaintance' of sorts. If you could entitle someone who had somehow managed to blackmail you as a friend, Rue would begrudgingly admit that the source of this sensitive matter was quite a clever one. A clever one indeed. With that being acknowledged, it was best to not think of such things at the moment and Rue feigned a brief look of surprise before bumping into a man who was donning a hideous purple trench coat, her hand slipping past his pocket as he quickly assisted her up. Her hand managed to snag a handkerchief which she could not return seeing as he was already taking his leave, Rue had not caught sight of these in quite a long time and she gazed at the dirtied rag in her hand before snapping out of the trance she appeared to be in.

Nonsense. It was sheer stupidity that one could be so enraptured by such a petty thing. Rue stuffed the item into her pocket, continuing her careless conquest of taking other unsuspecting people's possessions.

The handkerchief was the only item she kept.

“Death is our constant companion, and it is death that gives each person's life its true meaning.” - Paulo Coelho

The shots rang out. A horrible, cold sound that echoed across the square. Benji sat on the sidewalk nearby, silently watching out of the corner of his eye. After watching his own parents and everyone he had known be vaporized, he had become numb to death. It was a normal on this planet, or any planet. The nature of life is fueled by conquest, and here was no exception.

Benji took a final drag of a cigarette and set it on the ground next to him. He looked at the limp figure of the now dead man, as a chorus of voices could be heard in the distance. Singing as someone died? Coincidental, ritualistic, or just someone's dark humor? He wasn't in the mood to find out. He stood up, stomping the cigarette and grinding it into the sidewalk, then turning to walk away. He checked over his shoulder for one last time to notice the group of people, the source of the singing. Ritualistic was the answer, apparently. Er, religious.

He had no business anymore here. He didn't want to be involved with whatever ceremony going on. He just wanted to leave, even with no where to go.

So he started walking.

alicerobot.png

Mood: Still slightly wary, mostly cheery

Location: -Genesis Corporation warehouse near the edge of the crater.

Company: Amy [Mainframe]

@'s:
@DamagedGlasses

Other: -
Alice

Scanning the room quietly for heat signatures, Alice picked up on one small body, hands high in the air , she quietly stood from the rubble pile and walked out into full view, the gun trained steadily at the figures head. Pacing slowly across to the centre of the room, Alice listened as the person spoke.... a childs voice, maybe. With a quick blinking, each red light switched off in clockwise succession before her faceplate booted back to it's usual blue-purple tone, and with her vision mode back on standard, the face of Alice, once of the Hacker club kids came into focus.

Alice hadn't formally met Amy, or any of the club for that matter, but their school records were on Oasis' networks. Amy didn't seem dangerous, a little weird maybe, being out here by herself, that tone of voice, and her facial expression, or lack thereof for the most part. Lowering her "weapon" and flipping the safety switch, Alice holstered it on her lower back.

"Not the safest of places for a kid to be hanging out now, is it?" Alice asked casually, placing her hands on her hips and shifting her weight slightly.

"If you're not careful you could end up the first victim of the machine uprising or something!" She joked, raising her hands forward in a grasping motion like a movie monster.

"Haha! But seriously, you lost or something? It's quite a bit away from the town for a single kid, ya'know?" she added. The kid might be, then again it's not like this was just another city block, and it's not hard to find your way back to Oasis town from the edge of the crater, just head away from the cliffs! Still, it wasn't the safest journey, wild animals liked meaty things like kids to chow down on... Alice was a lot less appetising, she didn't have that problem.

MaInFrAmE

Amy watched as the hostility left the Android’s face, lighting up again as the friendly blue-purple icons. Amy looked around the old warehouse as the Android started to make conversation. It struck Amy that she had not put her surroundings to the map that Mainframe had gathered. Currently they were in the largest part, the storage, but with some simple glances, Amy could place an exit at the end of the warehouse, and emergency one to the side, and a way to get into the office part of the building. From there, she would have to go down into the basement to get to the generator to fix it and get everything back in working order.

The thought process took about a fifth of time a regular person would have to use to think, so when Amy started to pay attention again, the Robot was talking about the dangers of a robot invasion. Mainframe found that amusing, and so Amy giggled a little bit, though it still sounded stilted. Putting emotions into words wasn’t to difficult, but he liked to save them for the mundane folk, and Mainframe was sure that there was no need in front of an expressive robot such as this.

Amy put a hand on her black goggles, and pulled them up to her forehead, getting a better view of the robot, “Thank you for the concern, but I’m never too far away from the city these days. Why have you come here, miss? Better parts? I see those couplings got you quite excited. I happen to be here to fix the electricity, myself.”

If Mainframe was able to get the help of an actual robot, it would make these things so much simpler. From the looks of things, she seemed to be an older model, one that instantly didn’t register on the recent stocks of engineered robots of GenCorp. Quick looks into databases of older models, and Mainframe began to piece together that this sentient model would have to be at least a century old, most likely more.

Mulling over that, Mainframe used Todd to deliver the food back to the rest of the Hacker Club, before taking his seat and pulling up his own display, beginning his own work with the others. Todd worked with Jeremy to keep the security cameras around town under their control, noting down suspicious activity. The other two, Steven and Lewis were being used as networkers, as in, constantly buzzing from website to website, their hands a blur a they jumped from topic to topic with speed unheard of that barely kept up with Mainframe’s sped up and diverse mind. A constant flow of information on all subjects keeping the Hivemind in a constant state of learning and evolving far beyond his human bodies.

Truthfully, sending Amy to the warehouse had been a risk, with all the danger, but the chance of getting supplies later on became more and more of a good enough reason to chance it. Mainframe only hoped Amy would not be maimed due to his actions, as it was quite content to not knowing what having one of his bodies dying would feel like. Pain had been bad enough.

@Giyari

ozzy_150.png

Mood: "This coffee is fucking disgusting and needs more whiskey in it."

Company: Roland, Dani(?)

@'s: @Veirrianna Valentine
Ozzy

The gunshots echoed between the buildings, and the purple-haired woman looked up from her booth at a diner, and scratched her nose.

“Never been a huge fan of public executions,” Ozzy admitted aloud. “But I guess they’re better than the disappearing shit that O- that other places pull. I mean, at least now we know the poor fuck is actually dead.”

“Anyways.” She looked back at her breakfast partner, and took a sip of the coffee that she was actively pretending was strong enough to make up for staying up through the night. Her tone was hushed, and she kept herself leaned in. “What’s our story, man? What are we gonna tell everyone else? ‘Cuz I’m not gonna fucking carry you around like a princess if you fuck up here.”

Ozzy must have looked a bit intimidating to the regulars – she showed up in Oasis about a couple weeks ago, dusty and wild-eyed, on the seat of a beat-up ATV. Word was, the wheels fell off right as she rolled up to the town’s gate. It was absolutely true of course, as it was a piece of shit that she jacked from a garage at an outpost, and managed to ride two hundred miles through the desert to this crapshoot of a town.

But, she had proved that she had talent, and so far, she had been allowed to stay. How long she actually would, who knew? It had been boring so far, and she was beginning to crave adventure again.

[[Wow, fuck, sorry for how long it took to post. Veir, I hope this helps you place your character. I had been planning this intro with Zahzi for a while, but shit kept coming up in IRL. Also I'm jacking Giyari's post layout because he's my friend and he can't stop me.]]

Roland Thompson

Roland's one eye trailed from the window with sound of the gunshot, and back to the plate in front of him. A few minutes ago it had been filled with five pancakes. Not those shitty, tiny excuses, but those legendarily massive ones you see someone eat before being diagnosed with 'Cancerous Diabetes'. Unfortunately, the waitress had been a little slow to refill his drink, so she'd have to come up with her own explanation why the full-liter of blueberry syrup was gone.

He looked up at the Amazon in front of him with his one visable eyebrow raised.

"Well, for the record, I've already saved your ass once since before we ever arrived here." he said matter-of-factly, leaning back in his seat.

Unlike her, he was forced to huff it to town. Though he had made it to Oasis hours prior. He had even been nice to leave that questionably-rigged ATV for her at the outpost when he saw how poorly she was trudging through the desert- even polished the shit out of the key so she'd see it on the seat.

"....Scratch that. Two." he added, holding up two fingers.

"And as for our story, I'm an ex-soldier that basically nuked his asshole superiors out of boredom and-or-because someone with purple hair was being careless in their terroitory.....Ohhh, you want us to LIIIEEE...." he leaned his head back on the seat rest for a moment.

"......Merc Partners?"

The hustle and bustle of the diner had always been enough to throw most people for a loop. Between the constant orders(which is what happens when your one of two or three eateries) and the general layout it never failed to surprise people when Dani came through, always twisting and flowing from one table to the next. This particular morning, however, saw a break in his general grace as a gun shot rang out, startling him into dropping a roll of coins which then rolled under a table.

Getting down one his hands and knees, Dani crawled under the table, and then partway under a booth, to reach it, hardly noticing the pair of feet that occupied said booth. In fact he only noticed they were talking after the man spoke, which caused the waif of a waiter to let out a gasp, then realising he'd given his location under them away, he attempted to crawl out from under the table as fast as possible, instead clocking his head on the under end of the table and then sheepishly and embarrassedly climbed into the booth, finding himself in between a purple haired woman and a wall.

Shuffling nervously and tapping the retrieved roll of coins on the table, Dani finally gathered the nerve to look up, but not enough to meet the eyes of the customers, before speaking.

"Er... welcome to the diner... can I get you anything?"

Feeling awkward and like his words didn't do his accidental intrusion justice, Dani ducked his head down again and muttered a quick sorry, hoping this mistake wasn't going to cost him his job, or anger the couple he intended to definitely not be talking about later.

@welian @Zahzi

Jack

Jack's run was going well, although he was feeling the need to drop the weight on his back for a while. It was a good thing he was reaching the halfway point in his route, as he always took a break there. Jack ran hard for the final few hundred feet. Somehow running faster made him feel like the weight on his back weighed about half as much as it did, even thought half of the I-beam's weight was still two hundred pounds. Jack reached the halfway point and stood on the sidewalk for a moment. His yellow T-shirt was already sweaty and his hat started to show white marks.

Jack looked around and noticed a hooded man wearing several layers of clothing walking toward him. Jack hadn't seen him around town before, but then again Jack didn't exactly meet a lot of people. Jack set the I-beam on his back down on the ground and sat on it, directly in the path of the man. Jack figured he'd have a conversation while he rested, however short. Even a 'Fuck you get out of my way,' would be good enough for Jack. If Jack was pissed off, he would want to run it off, if he had a nice conversation, he'd have time to rest.

So Jack sat on his steel beam in the way of the hooded man, waiting.

@Impysh

Connor did what he had been doing for what felt like hours now, when in all reality it was only half of one. He was still dragging that damn quill boar behind him, and he was regretting even considering bringing it back in the first place, but he could just see the tips of the first buildings of Oasis, which meant he was about another ten minutes away at this pace. Bloody hell, why did he go that far out again? And for a quill boar that had been rooting around in people's garbage. If anything it was being helpful, cleaning up some of the trash and putting it to good use. But no, people saw it as a threat, especially since none of them apparently knew all they had to do was give it some space.

But he was almost there, and he had a buyer in mind. Some of the bars here loved to sell "exotic" food. In most cases, it was just the same stuff only they actually said what the stuff was made of. Like horse, apparently it was a delicacy in some places. Well, they wouldn't find any horses here. Maybe the closet thing to one of those would be what the locals call a dire deer. A massive deer with bucks having a set of antlers easily as wide as he was tall. And apparently they had the nasty habit of mauling people during rutting season and showing off the intestines to others. Apparently that's what all dire deer are into, he wasn't one to judge but that was a bit ridiculous.

And maybe he should get her a gift. A nice watch perhaps. Yeah, a watch, bought with the money she gave him. It's still a present if he gives it to her. Shut up, it still counts.

Gwyneth

The Bar

The dismal red sign flickers to life, blaring OPEN to anyone in visual range. The Building itself accessible through a black double door opening onto the main street.

The Bar was built around an old water tower. The central pillar only eight feet in diameter that led up to a retaining area much larger. Gwynnies safe haven and secret home. Around that central pillar was the public structure. Her bar, her stills, a kitchen and a couple store rooms. The bar itself taking up half the building, like a semicircle. It was a nice place, clean and relatively comfortable. A lot of the material salvaged or repurposed. No two chairs matched and everything was worn but it exuded comfort.

The oddest thing about the bar was the bartender herself. Hanging from the ceiling on five wires like a marionette, she was master of the structure. Able to open or close doors, control lights, set air temperature, basically anything as long as it was in her bar.

The doors open up, calm strings of twangy guitar floating out from the jukebox. Behind the bar, Gwyneth starts killing time by washing up.

Connor arrived, huffing and puffing, at Gwyneth's bar. The Bar, to be exact. It looked just as he left it, like a re-purposed water tower. It didn't look pretty, but nothing really did in this place. At least it was functional to some extent or another. A place to waste some money and relax after a hard days work. But he didn't plan on wasting money here, not this time anyway. He had a quill boar to try and sell.

Walking in, after of course leaving the carcass outside where it wouldn't get the floor all nasty, he quickly glances around for the bar keep. Well, she wasn't hard to miss, since all you really had to do was trace a cable back to where it came from, and that was either a ceiling if you went the wrong way or Gwyneth. Walking over, he takes a quick seat and gets straight to business. "I shot a quill boar this morning. Thought you might like to call it something else, chop it up, and feed it to whoever wants a meal." he said simply. He wasn't one to beat around the bush, he preferred much more to get straight to the point and not waste anyone's time. "I'll gut it for you. 350 credits for the whole thing."

@Teh Frixz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back