• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

ヽ(。ゝω・。)ノ Misanthrope's Advert (1x1 ; casually long-term)

King Misanthrope

Unidentified Flying Object

bird-divider-teal.png

About Me
Hello all! My name is Max, but you're free to call me any variation of my username. I'm a role player with too much time and not enough time, which I'm expecting my activity to reflect. For the reason, I have some very specific needs to be fulfilled, but I think you'll find overall that I'm rather lax. Lax Max.

I'm a college student. Right now, I'm on summer break. I'm relatively new to the world of being a productive human being and you may often catch me complaining about my coworkers. One thing to note is that doing a one on one with me is essentially going to be the same as befriending me. I'm very chatty, and if I can't freely have some casual conversation with you, that makes me all kinds of nervous, uncomfortable, and all in all it will just stress me out. I understand
tumblr_ndelf6dtdT1u1qqw9o1_r2_500.png
some people are here just to role play, but I can't operate that way, and I apologize in advance, but we probably won't work out as partners. I'm sure you're all still fantastic writers, though!

All of that aside, my role playing tends to put characters first and plot is just to enhance character development. I don't proofread things, but I have spellcheck and my grammar should be overall on point in character. Casual chatting with me is a completely different story. Don't let this fancy textbox fool you; I was just bored and wanted to toy with coding a little.

I must warn you now that I am not a fan of romance. I know a lot of people are into that, but I'm not someone that is going to be happy writing out cute fluff and stable relationships. I love toying with puppy love and very
unstable relationships, but that's the extent of what I would like for role playing romantic situations. I'm a sucker for drama and whatever character(s) I go with will probably be pain-stakingly angsty.

Expectations
I'm not going to set any minimum or maximum number of paragraphs for each reply or anything. What I want is flexibility. Whatever role play we do, I'm in it for the long run. What you can expect from me is random bursts of inspiration, where I may talk your ear off about plot ideas and go with very fast-paced, back-and-forth role playing. Other times, I'll feel completely overwhelmed with life, work, hate my writing, the whole lot. During this time, my replies will be slow as molasses until I get over myself again. I need a partner who will be understanding of this. Similarly, I will understand if you need a break, even if our moments of inspiration don't coincide. Basically, someone who is okay with random periods of absence without totally ditching the role play.

Posting is a similar concept. If our characters are in a conversation, I don't want you to have to fluff up your post with purple prose just to appease me for some pre-determined length. You'll find that my post lengths can fluctuate anywhere between one and twenty paragraphs. It would be my role playing wet dream if you did the same thing, but as long as you know how to be descriptive when the time calls f
or it, we should be good.

The thing I will be most strict about realistic, logical characters and situations. Just an example, if you're going to try role playing a mental illness, do your research. If you're thinking of your character round house kicking a snack machine to the ground, do your research. Honestly, sometimes I'll want to just mess around and role play something goofy, but when it comes to serious situations, I just want pure logic and raw emotions.

With all that being said, I haven't had any ideas for pairings or plots or anything in forever. If you have some idea you've been dying to try out, I could possibly be your guy. The only genre that's a total turnoff for me are strictly animals, and even then I've been suckered into some revolution plots a fair share in my life. So if I sound like someone you would be willing or even happy to put up with, feel free to PM me with your idea or tag me here! Note that I'm still working up to my ten posts so I'm unable to open up a conversation on my own, but hopefully that all will be changed soon.

Thanks for reading! Just as a forewarning, I'm probably forgetting a few things and I'll hate myself when I remember what those are, so don't be surprised when I suddenly start blurting about how stupid I am in all caps down the road.

Hi! I'm still working up to my ten posts as well, hence why I opted to reply rather than PMing you. You seem interesting and I feel that we can work something out! I'm all too familiar with the brief bouts of inspiration and long periods of creative inertia. (<3)

Ayeeee, haha. Welcome to the site. We'll get those ten post together! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Good to have you on board, thus far! It's funny because I feel like a lot of people kind of probably feel this way about role plays, but it's never something that's specifically requested...? Or maybe I just want to pretend I'm special lol.

So! With that being said... *rubs palms*

Any particular pairings or plot or anything you've been craving? The idea of fantasy something or pirate something or fantasy pirate something has been nagging my mind lately, but not enough to actually start anything, it would seem. c':

[QUOTE="King Misanthrope]
Ayeeee, haha. Welcome to the site. We'll get those ten post together! (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑

Good to have you on board, thus far! It's funny because I feel like a lot of people kind of probably feel this way about role plays, but it's never something that's specifically requested...? Or maybe I just want to pretend I'm special lol.

So! With that being said... *rubs palms*

Any particular pairings or plot or anything you've been craving? The idea of fantasy something or pirate something or fantasy pirate something has been nagging my mind lately, but not enough to actually start anything, it would seem. c':

[/QUOTE]
Hopefully! I have a little mental countdown going so I don't completely forget. I mean, it would be super convenient if I could PM people. ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ

Nah. I'm sure a lot of people feel the same way. It's hard to stay consistently inspired, even if you are really prolific. I can take months to respond to a scene because I'm TERRIBLE.

I can get down with pirates. I do love fantasy and mythology, but unfortunately I can never find someone who's as interested in it as I am. I'm always into playing "evil" characters. I don't know why, but I am. That can be a starting point if we go the pirate route. The lore is pretty interesting as well.

Ho shit look at you and your ten posts now. hehe

Lmao, disclaimer, I one time did a one on one for a few months. I ran out of ideas and didn't look at it for... idk, eight months, but then I came back to the one on one with an idea for a response and became totally
obsessed with it and was like doing replies daily for the next year until my partner disappeared. xD I've kind of got in contact with her again, kind of not, but that's the kind of chill relationship I can dig. * w *

Hm! What kind of mythology did you have in mind? I'm not very well versed in a lot of them, but I do find it interesting. Egyptian is one I'd like to learn about, and at the moment I actually have a demigod from a Percy Jackson role play and also a kind of fuzzy idea for another, but the former in particular should be kind of adaptable.

and hahah thanks for putting evil in quotations

bless

Still looking for people! Really, just feel free to throw ideas at me. I'm still trying to figure out my preferences, and I think it's more of a matter of plot than it is genre. Please don't be offended if I don't jump on role playing with you. It doesn't have anything to do with you or your writing ability, it's more of a matter of how I've been very uninspired these past few months and kind of need to be spoon fed a plot.

I also suppose you guys might want to know that I prefer playing males ninety-nine percent of the time and I'm a sucker for stupid teenage drama. I don't care what sex or gender you prefer, because like I mentioned before, I'm not looking for any kind of romance. Also, even though I'm going to be useless with plots, as far as the actual
role playing goes, I'm good at incorporating NPCs and establishing settings (almost a little controlling sometimes, whoops).

I think that's it for now for my belated revelations.

Oh, hm, but I'm always up for situations where strangers are forced to live with each other.

*waves hands*

Hello Hello I'd love to roleplay if you're up to accept one more person!!

^_^ And I have a bit of an idea - just a little idea, it's not entirely fleshed out - so if you're interested PM me or something! :)

add to me the list of people who are interested in rping with you! we sound very much alike (i could just be projecting here) but if you're still around, i would love to have a chance to explore characters with you!! omg, i'm quite trigger happy about the exclamation points right now, ahaha. i'm working my way up to the ten posts so if you're already there, feel free to PM me but if you haven't and you're up for another person, i'll try my best to get those ten posts and PM you !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back