• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

I'll do that. I'll try to get up some CSes soon, but probably not until Saturday at the very least.

I'll do that. I'll try to get up some CSes soon, but probably not until Saturday at the very least.

By all means, you're more than welcomed to.

Alrighty. ^^ That's fine with me. There's no rush with making characters for this. Take your time.

Since joining with JK and his main deck being mainly Sharks deck from Zexal with the Water dragon deck added to it. I've been wondering something and tried searching for info online. But is the Shark deck available in RL? Like a starter deck type deal or some easy way of getting those cards in order to build a full shark deck?

Since joining with JK and his main deck being mainly Sharks deck from Zexal with the Water dragon deck added to it. I've been wondering something and tried searching for info online. But is the Shark deck available in RL? Like a starter deck type deal or some easy way of getting those cards in order to build a full shark deck?

-coughs in the distance-

I haven't been keeping up with the newest cards in real life. Mainly just go by the anime and manga, so I'm unsure about that Saru. But I would assume so?

Also, I'm gonna have Yasuo stick around in hiding, watching JK and Immer duel. As Galaxi puts it 'It could help her learn something'. Which I think would be the start of some good character development.

-coughs in the distance-

I haven't been keeping up with the newest cards in real life. Mainly just go by the anime and manga, so I'm unsure about that Saru. But I would assume so?

Also, I'm gonna have Yasuo stick around in hiding, watching JK and Immer duel. As Galaxi puts it 'It could help her learn something'. Which I think would be the start of some good character development.

I haven't either..... I got some a few years back, but not much and only one or two number cards. I think just one. But got curious and figured it would be a lot easier in the future with the dueling aspect and knowing the all the cards and effects. If they were not highly priced that was. Maybe find use for them outside of that too idk

I found some eBay custom decks that are close, but can't say I've seen a close enough replica. Thanks anyway

Ah sounds cool! That'd be interesting and a good idea though ^^

The last time I got cards in real life, the originally Yu-Gi-Oh was still being aired on TV with new episodes. XD

But I dunno man? Maybe someone else in the RP knows? If not, at least it's close enough? Better than nothing, right?

Indeed. I thought it would be a good idea as well. Not to say that other people can't spot her spying on the duel or whatever. But hey, watching other people duel that's not her friends or family could actually help the kid out. XD

Really? Xd wow that's some time ago. But gotcha

True and perhaps they do. I thought about it, but they are asking too high of price for deck of cards and a deck that's not up to my perfectionist ways with that kind thing. Haha

Yeah, it's a good idea and seems like a interesting scene.

Super long time ago.

Geez. Talk about messed up?

For real though. And for once Torren is in the RP. Spying on the duel as well. But if he's going to duel them in the future, he's gotta see if they're worth it or even have Number cards, to begin with.

A good era though for dueling. ^^ I still remember my first deck and favored original yugioh deck and archetype (Dark Magician) I had some good duels against my friends blue eyes deck. Made for some debate over who's favored deck was better.

Yeah, 30 bucks for a small looking and incomplete deck (Incomplete just because of my desire of a accurate and perfect replica deck or very close to) plus the potential bidding war Angle and if they have shipping on top of it.

Oh, Torren I recall seeing his character yesterday on the CS. This will be interesting indeed! Torren and Yusao, who'd figure this duel would attract quite the attention. Haha ^^

I don't remember what deck I had. I think I had some of Yugi's cards? But who knows? XD

Geez. That's a lot of money?

Haha. For real though. Duels attract all of the attention. XD

I don't remember what deck I had. I think I had some of Yugi's cards? But who knows? XD

Geez. That's a lot of money?

Haha. For real though. Duels attract all of the attention. XD
Yugi had a powerful and themed deck with all his magicians and related cards. But that's fair, the early 2000's was along time ago. Haha

Yeah, much higher then the usual 12 bucks that starter decks usually are in stores or used to be. Not sure prices now days.

True xd

Yugi had a ton of powerful cards. Like I end up losing my cards, but I remember sneaking them to school and a friend of mine would trade cards with each other in the gym. We'd take forever on tests just to be the lasts ones then sneak into the gym and give each other cards. We were rebels. XD

Geez. I want to buy more cards, but my parents are like, "You're 21. You should grow out of that kid stuff." So...

Indeed. At least it'll teach little Yasuo something about dueling hopefully. I also love how she's just like the youngest in this RP, surrounded by teenagers and young adults. RIP my little preteen. XD

Haha cool

I think yugioh and Pokémon seem to be two series that has games with adults of various ages still buying and playing the cards and video games. I get the 21 and its kid stuff, but they are still popular with some adults. I had two pals who were 19 and I think 22 or so who both still talked, played yugioh and one bought and played the latest Pokémon game and liked it. So you and I are just two of the adults who still like this "kid stuff" haha

I was kinda surprised how many older teens and young adults we have so far. A possibly tough field for the shy preteen. Unless others of the age join later. But yeah, a nice role and situation for her, she'll stand out right off with that.

Am not sure how brass will want to work this out. But it should make for some teachable moments and/or interesting scenes.

Joker Z's Shark deck vs Immers deck

Totally.

We are. Like Yu-GI-Oh and Pokemon will be two of the 'kid stuff' that I'll never grow out of? It's like saying adults can't play video games when said games are made by adults? My family's super dumb in that field? Well, my mom is.

I'm surprised too. A lot of teens and young adults. The closest to her age, not counting Nuchi and Hana, being Torren, and he's gonna be a dick. XD Hopefully others will join that's closer to her age or the same age as her. But she's totally stand out with that alone. Good or bad, we'll have to wait to see. A tough field indeed, more so because she's just a beginner with all these super skilled people around her. But again, makes for good character development over time as the RP goes on. Which was what I was going for actually.

A timid and shy rookie that slowly comes out of her shell and gets better over time. With help of course. But it should work, I hope? We'll see.

Indeed! Let the duel begin!

Haha yeah, Adults make the games and some are meant for adults (video game wise) but true, some "kid stuff" just stays with you for years and years.

True, plenty of character development and good development. While providing a lot of good moments and scenes for her character and growth.

I think it will work. ^^

Yep!

Just redid the deck and saved the build on a site for yugioh deck building. Some obviously aren't currently in his deck, due to only possessing one number card now days, but completes the shark theme deck I'm looking at for him and shows what he had before the "theft/betrayal" storyline wise in his past.

Some cards I might add once I find more Shark deck cards, but here is the formula I've got.
http://yugiohdeckbuilder.com/edit_deck/689825?

Haha yeah, Adults make the games and some are meant for adults (video game wise) but true, some "kid stuff" just stays with you for years and years.

True, plenty of character development and good development. While providing a lot of good moments and scenes for her character and growth.

I think it will work. ^^

Yep!

Just redid the deck and saved the build on a site for yugioh deck building. Some obviously aren't currently in his deck, due to only possessing one number card now days, but completes the shark theme deck I'm looking at for him and shows what he had before the "theft/betrayal" storyline wise in his past.

Some cards I might add once I find more Shark deck cards, but here is the formula I've got.
http://yugiohdeckbuilder.com/edit_deck/689825?

For real though. Spyro, Crash, Sonic, Pokemon, Digimon, Sly Cooper, and a bunch more will be games that I will never grow out of no matter how old I great.

Indeed! I mean most Yu-Gi-Oh main characters were already pretty good at dueling 'n stuff like that. So I wanted to try and make a main character that would be fresh to the whole dueling stuff and still be trying to find her place in the ranks and the cards and all that.

I hope it will. But we'll see.

Right, right, that makes sense. You're making me want to give Yasuo a Yuma-themed deck with all this talk about Shark's deck. Don't give me ideas man. XD

The formula looks pretty good to me?

Sonic and sly cooper I recall and spyro. One that will stick with me would be Mario kart..... Awesome and perhaps best Mario game I've played. I remember when my nieces and nephew got the wii and played that game, they often challenged me or asked me beat levels for them to unlock more people. Hahaha fun times then and in childhood. Wario! Was my go to character.

True! Also a nice thought and idea for a really unique side of characters and duelists. I thought about trying a whole different character who was younger, but not sure how I'd do, I'm new to Zexal basically, but yugioh dueling though rusty ive got years from way back when. So I think Rp wise with a younger and perhaps rookie duelist I might play it off wrong. Or maybe not, idk

Plus a deck theme for him or her would be WIP for I'm not sure what I want there

But I like the idea and reason for why you made Yasuo for this Rp. It's a good one.

I'm sure it will. (Power of positivity!) New Day reference/quote kinda anyway

Do It!! Haha jk. It's up to you. The cat theme somehow really fits I think with Yasuo while I think the Shark deck really fits Joker Z imo. But if you do it's idea to try or perhaps add as a alt deck. lol I'm going to now! Ideas are constant with me during the active creative days. Haha

Thanks! I feel like I'm forgetting some cards and that it's missing some useful aids for it. But that might just be my perfectionist side with doing theme decks and stuff.

Dude, have you ever played Super Smash Bros? Another great game series I gotta admit right there.

You're new to Zexal? Holy shit dude. I was planning on streaming it tonight in Rabb.it if you wanted to watch a few episodes with me?

Somehow, I think cat-themed works good for her too? But I don't know how she'd fair in a duel since most duelists have a wider theme with their cards. Plus, cat-theme cards are pretty limited and hard to actually crome across really good ones?

But at the same time, making a Yuma-themed deck might make her too much like him? I mean, she already has an Astral being following her around like he does. And the same Number card that he does. Soo--

But some of his cards are really good and I could see her using them too?? Who knows?

No problem friendo. I think everything is pretty much fine? Even if there are things missing here or there. It's still good?

Dude, have you ever played Super Smash Bros? Another great game series I gotta admit right there.

You're new to Zexal? Holy shit dude. I was planning on streaming it tonight in Rabb.it if you wanted to watch a few episodes with me?

Somehow, I think cat-themed works good for her too? But I don't know how she'd fair in a duel since most duelists have a wider theme with their cards. Plus, cat-theme cards are pretty limited and hard to actually crome across really good ones?

But at the same time, making a Yuma-themed deck might make her too much like him? I mean, she already has an Astral being following her around like he does. And the same Number card that he does. Soo--

But some of his cards are really good and I could see her using them too?? Who knows?

No problem friendo. I think everything is pretty much fine? Even if there are things missing here or there. It's still good?
Yep! Smash bros, Mario kart and Halo were common choices amongst me and my friends, outside of yugioh and Pokémon since we each had different interests like I was and am big into sports and pro wrestling and they were wider of interests in games and toons, Disney shows. Haha so yep! Definitely remember it

Basically, by the time I heard of it, some old or perhaps they were new and I caught it early? Anyways, due to work and schedule in Rl for other stuff, plus dragon age hit me hard with addiction to that series haha but I only ever saw some of the first couple of episodes and perhaps out of order too.

So I'm quite new to how it all works, I'm thinking I've got enough for dueling. If not I'm sure there is plenty of folk willing to assist there. Hmm.. I'll think it over, rabbit as in the laptop stick drive looking tv device? Or how do you plan to stream it? Case I'm missing something. ^^"

Well perhaps it could. Yeah I can see that. But still a option if you wanted too. A cat themed deck can be tough but.... well actually idk, it's a tough play due to limits and difficulties finding good ones to add. But I'm sure some nice touches and more cards to add into it will help. It's a good fit with Yasuo

True. You could always add his deck as a alt deck down the road, perhaps through a duel she gets a number card that fits her cat theme and could then add his deck to use with Utopia? Hmm...

Thanks! I might play around with a younger duelist and see what kind of deck they'd use, least for fun if not add him later on.

Yep! Smash bros, Mario kart and Halo were common choices amongst me and my friends, outside of yugioh and Pokémon since we each had different interests like I was and am big into sports and pro wrestling and they were wider of interests in games and toons, Disney shows. Haha so yep! Definitely remember it

Basically, by the time I heard of it, some old or perhaps they were new and I caught it early? Anyways, due to work and schedule in Rl for other stuff, plus dragon age hit me hard with addiction to that series haha but I only ever saw some of the first couple of episodes and perhaps out of order too.

So I'm quite new to how it all works, I'm thinking I've got enough for dueling. If not I'm sure there is plenty of folk willing to assist there. Hmm.. I'll think it over, rabbit as in the laptop stick drive looking tv device? Or how do you plan to stream it? Case I'm missing something. ^^"

Well perhaps it could. Yeah I can see that. But still a option if you wanted too. A cat themed deck can be tough but.... well actually idk, it's a tough play due to limits and difficulties finding good ones to add. But I'm sure some nice touches and more cards to add into it will help. It's a good fit with Yasuo

True. You could always add his deck as a alt deck down the road, perhaps through a duel she gets a number card that fits her cat theme and could then add his deck to use with Utopia? Hmm...

Thanks! I might play around with a younger duelist and see what kind of deck they'd use, least for fun if not add him later on.

Duuude. We grew up with like the same stuff pretty much. That's so cool?

Right, right. That makes sense. I understand that. Rabb.it is sorta like Twitch in a way where you can stream shows and movies and stuff like that? You can only use it on your computer though, I think. But it would be a lot of fun to help you further understand Zexal?

True, true. I was thinking of adding these traps and spell cards to her deck to help aid her and her cat-themed deck out some?

Spells; Beast Fangs
Poison Fangs
Stray Lambs
Amazoness Heirlooms
Amazoness Spellcaster

Traps; Battle Instinct
Call of the Haunted
Beast Soul Swap

Though at the same time, I think if she had a more wider-set of cards might help her out in the long run rather than just having a one-themed deck really. I mean, Shark's deck is mostly shark-themed and that works for him, and some of those cards are rather powerful, but I feel like a cat-themed deck is more limited and much more harder to use. Even with a beginner like Yasuo. The resaon she has a cat-themed deck is because of her parents. They thought it was time she got into the Duel Monsters thing and since she likes cats a lot, they got all cat related cards and stuff to help them out, thinking she'd like that.

Mmm.. That could work. I'll most likely make his deck being an alt one to use if she feels like her cat-themed deck won't help her out in a duel. I think that would be the best thing to do actually. But then if I did that, then she would most likely always be using his deck because hers would be too weak to duel with people like Immer for instante. Soo---

No problem! Do it. Yasuo needs more people around her age range, okay? XD

We did! That's pretty cool. Not often I meeet people my age with such similar childhoods. Almost mirror image. Haha

Hmm..... Gotcha, so I was on the right track. Sounds awesome but I've been down to just my iPad. I have a laptop, but it's in need for some attention with new defense/protection since my old one ran out and I don't feel like paying fifty bucks for a average security pack for my laptop. Plus updates are behind. But anyways until then, I'm down to my iPad and am not sure if that'll work. Though I could catch some episodes on YouTube and talk with you about stuff after I see episodes there. Or something?

But yeah that does sound cool!

Those would be awesome additions and now I'm flashing back to the amazoness deck and that GX episode and I love that deck type.

True, actually she doesn't have to even branch to far out, I think. Keep her cat theme and just widen enough to add in other beast types, you know? I mean beast decks can become quite powerful and I believe (I know I've got one raccoon number card, dude in Rl) that beasts have some number cards and archetypes in Zexal that could be some good adds too. Plus remember Chumly? His beast deck was seriously powerful when used to full potential and having the cards. So maybe add some beasts to her theme deck over time or now or etc and allows you to grow with Yasuos cat theme deck and grow more powerful over time and provide development while keeping the theme you like and she likes, which is a good fit and then you'll have more use duel wise, if you decide to add his deck later on as a alt deck. If that makes sense? That just all hit me, so I rapid spoke kinda here.

I'm kinda working on it, while watching the NFL draft. Theme wise I'm undecided by a wide margin, trying to find a deck that's not used and could fit a theme i like and could enjoy, while still having a number card that works with it. You know?

But haha gotcha, I'll keep thinking on is character idea and see what comes.

For real though. It's super great to meet someone close to my age that likes all the same stuff that I do.

Ah, that makes sense! iPods can be a pain to write on, but I'm impressed you wrote all that on it! Good for you friendo!

That's true. Maybe a beast-themed deck would work? But still keep the cat theme mainly, but have a bunch of different times of monsters too. I think I might go and do that and add Yuma's deck too so that way she has some more cards to use. For added stuff.

You can do it friendo. I believe in you.

It's pretty awesome indeed!

Oh thanks haha! I've been using my iPad a lot for such a length of time, I'm more used to writing Rp posts and replies with it then my keyboard. Though mistakes due to auto correct and human error can still occur. They can be a pain either way though to write on.

I think that would fit greatly! Allows for the main focus be on her cat theme but have strong allies in the beast family. Did you have tiger axe? He's a cool but cat theme monster for ye. But yeah some strong options for you with that slight expansion of her deck.

The kangaroo and that raccoon family themes from GX and Zexal respectively could add to your style. Or maybe the wind up deck? I think they were animal themed though I could be wrong.

Sounds like a plan though ^^

I'm keeping at it.

For reals. XD

No problem friendo.

No, I don't think I gave her that card. I'll have to look and remember all the beast cards.

But I'm totally going to add the roo and raccoons in there. As well as some foxes.

Hooray. XD

Howdy! I am very much so interested in trying this out... So I wish to say hello!
And.. I guess we are bound to the Earth now....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back