• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nova

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Killian made big eyes as the Cainsson scratched his neck, making the Dark One notice the strangely looking birthmark on his neck.
The same one he had.
"How do you have the same birthmark as I do?", he asked, stretching his neck to point out that he indeed had the same mark as Caine.

A deep frown appeared on his face, feeling as if something was definitely off, but he just didn't know what.
As the Cainsson asked if they had met before, Killian started feeling extremely uncomfortable.
How come both of them felt as if they knew each other, without ever having met?

"Why should I attend dog fights? Let alone visit a farm.", Killian replied, sorrowfully turning to Marceline for a second before he looked back at Caine.
"Maybe we attended the same school?", he suggested, lifting his shoulders - his thoughts still running.

"I'm 100% Dark One. Both of my parents were Dark Ones, so it'd be weird if I were anything different. But then again, a species doesn't define what someone's like. Not every Dark One will kill entire families, just like not every Cainsson is aggressive and shouldn't be trusted. Just stupid all those fake stereotypes."

"I never went to school", Caine said with a shrug at Killian's assumption that they might have gone to the same school.
All he had learned, all he knew, was knowledge he had gathered from other slaves. A lot could be said about slaves- they were dirty, minding they were barely ever allowed to shower, they were distrustful because of what had been done to them-
But there was a strong code of morality amongst the despised, and they always helped each other. Just one more reason why he felt like a monster for killing those other Cainssons in dog fights...

He frowned deeply though when he saw Killian's branding, and took his dear time to empty his glass of water, and another one, and get himself a pack of salamis.
Lastly however, he couldn't extend the wait any longer without anyone getting suspicious, so he turned around to the others again, biting his lip.

"Marceline, would you please leave us alone for a moment?", He mumbled, sounding so different from normally.
Concerned, empathetic.
After the wisp had given both of them a strange look and left the kitchen, Caine pushed the jar of Nutella as far away as he could before he took a seat opposite of Killian, his forest green eyes digging into Killian's emerald ones.

"Killian- it was Killian, right? I totally agree on your statement about stereotypes, but-..."
He slightly shook his head, scratching his neck once more with a soundless sigh.
"You won't want to hear this, but this thing there on your neck is the reason we feel like we've met before. That's not a birthmark but a branding- of the puppy mill in which we both were born. You aren't Dark, at least not completely. You must be what the breeders call a 'Squib'. A crossbreed between Cainsson and Dark One, but with more traits of your biological father than your mother. They are usually discarded... Literally. Most Squibs end up in the streets and starving before they even reaching a month of age. You must have been lucky enough to have been found by a Dark One couple that raised you as their own son."

Running his hand through his hair, he slightly shook his head, his deep green eyes worried as he was watching Killian.
"We must have met as puppies. Eh, baby, in your case. Before you were discarded..."

Killian stared at the Cainsson with big eyes, hardly even breathing. He didn't move, didn't even blink. Even his mind was empty.

It couldn't be true.
He wasn't born in a puppy mill. Discarded as if he were nothing.
It was impossible!
He had a family, parents, a brother and sister.
They wouldn't have lied to him. They would've told him the truth.
Would they?

Born in a puppy mill... he hadn't even been wanted. He wasn't even supposed to live. He was supposed to be more of a Cainsson, but he was-
It all just couldn't be true.
It had to be a lie.

"I don't believe you.", the man growled back, shaking his head in disbelief.
"I- I had a family! My parents didn't- I didn't- how would you know? It could just be- be coincidence and-"
By now Killian's heart was racing.
Born in a puppy mill? Being seen as worthless and just thrown into the street?!

"It- it can't be true, can it?"

Caine just slightly shook his head, running his hand through his hair once.
He felt absolutely helpless.
How was he supposed to explain it all to a man who was basically a stranger?
How was he supposed to convince him?
And did he even have to?

Wasn't it just as possible that he indeed was wrong? That the branding on the side of his neck was nothing but a hoax, or maybe an oddly healed scar?
who am I even lying to?
Even if it hadn't been for the odd similarity between them, apparently in both, looks and character, his eyes...
mom...
they were an exact copy of hers.
But if Killian was already having such a hard time getting the fact straight that...basically his whole life had been a lie, how would he react to Caine telling him that they probably even were related; closely even?

He'd keep that to himself for now and tell him in a better moment.
For now, he'd just help him come clear.
what would Katie do?
Caine closed his eyes for a moment and let her whole self flow through him, every second since they had met, every heartbeat since he had lost his heart to her.

"Killian I-... This is hard. If course it is. You're scared, confused, helpless... I felt the same just yesterday morning when I have met this group of people here. What helped me a lot was to see this as a chance for redemption- for everything I did and for everything that has been done to me. This is a chance to start over, even if it seems scary.
Look, I've learned an important lesson yesterday- home, family; it neither starts nor ends with bloodlines. It is where we feel safe and happy. Your family, parents, siblings, everyone- they are still the same persons. And they are still your family, no matter if you are related or not. Try not to see it as losing a part of your life- try top see it as discovering a new one. That's all the advise I can give you."

With an understanding expression, he gave Killian a short Pat on the back before he shifted back into his true wolf form.
Would he recognize him? A grey wolf pup with a black dragon-shaped marking on his face for sure was something you didn't see every day...
"You decide who you are not one else. Okay?"

Killian was just staring blankly in front of him, honestly wishing he had never agreed to help save Nova.
If he had just stayed in his cave, he wouldn't have ever found out about his entire life being a lie.
He was nothing but a lie.

He had a father and a mother he never even knew existed.
He might as well have siblings without even knowing of their existence!
What was he supposed to do? From one moment to another he felt like a completely different person, not sure about their past and even more unsure about their future.

A squib.
That was all Killian was.
Someone even that worthless that not even an illegal breeder wanted them.
How was he supposed to feel like right now? Glad to know that he was only part Dark One?
The man was more... uncomfortable, sad even, knowing that his parents - his fake ones, had lied to him his entire life. They probably knew what he was, where he originated from.

"Yeah- I guess.", he mumbled as reply to the Cainsson, hiding his face behind his wings for a second before he jumped up from the table, Caine's wolf-form lingering in his thoughts.
"I'll be on the rooftop if anyone needs me...", Killian whispered, sighing silently before he walked outside into the garden, shifting into his gryphon form and flying off -
not even taking a second before he landed again, shifted human and barged right back into the kitchen.

"Your face- I mean, you as a wolf- I've seen that before. But smaller, tinier, as if... it were a puppy. I've seen you as a puppy!"

Caine had just been about to secretly go after Killian to make sure he wouldn't get himself into any trouble now, when Killian came right back like a boomerang.

A soft, sad smile formed on his face after Caine had taken his human form once more.
He nodded, stroking his dark blonde hair into his face to imitate the hair he had had when he was one or two years old.
Cainssons grew much faster than other species during their first year of life, so they basically were at the level of a three-year-old at the end of their first year.

"I often gathered soft moss from the walls of the barn to help Mom build a bed for you."
With a faint, soft smile, half happy half sad, he sighed silently.
"Mom was so amazing.
When she sang us to sleep, her voice was so soft and gentle, despite the pain and fear she was going through every single day. And no matter what happened, she was always patient and loving. And she had those shining eyes... Green like sunlight shining through emeralds; they sparkled when she looked at us. She loved us so much... And, hah, and when she sang, and we were falling asleep, we always-..." Chuckling softly, he pulled an old and crippled photo out of his pocket.
"It was always quite cold in there so we warmed each other up... You always used to nibble around in my ear when yo where dreaming!"
Chuckling softly, he grabbed Killian's shoulders, looking deep into his eyes.
"I knew I know those eyes from somewhere. Killian we are twins."

Last edited:
Killian's jaw dropped. He just stared at Caine with big eyes, totally baffled by everything the Cainsson had just told him.
His mind was empty. There were no thoughts racing around, no nothing.
Blank. He was entirely blank.
The only thing he was capable of right now was staring at the Cainsson like a fool.

Twins?
Twins?!
TWINS?!

As if on cue, Killian's mind filled itself with a soft, angelic-like voice, singing a lullaby.
A beautiful song that called out hope.
A warm, caring voice that sung with so much love.

A faint memory of his childhood.
A faint memory of his mother.
A faint memory of his brother.

"We're... brothers.", Killian mumbled silently, still not truly being able to take in everything that had just happened.
What were the odds of a discarded squib finding his twin brother after having lived 26 years without even knowing of his existence?
The odds were minuscule, and perhaps it was really just coincidence that had brought them back together, but Killian thought it to be fate.

"I- this is so much to process.", he just said, smiling faintly at the Cainsson.
His brother.
His own twin brother.
"All my life I've had a twin without knowing. And now, here you are - here we are, together again... it's... I just can't believe any of this. I mean, I do believe but it's just - it's so hard to believe."

Caine smiled softly, nodding at...
...at his brother.
Sure, he had many half-siblings, roughly around 50 or even more, but Killian was his only twin brother, and the only one he had never managed to get over losing.

"One day you were just gone...", Caine mumbled silently, frowning sadly at the thought of that day.
"Mom and I, we howled and howled but got no answer... And then my first owner bought me and-..."
Sighing softly, he shook his head.
"I've been seeking for you; escaped owner after owner trying to find you, but when I was older and realized what had happened... I had given up all hope that you might still be alive..."

Caine really was no one to be hurt easily.
The years of abuse had made him numb, inside and out, but now?
At first he had found his soulmate in Kate, and now his presumed dead twin brother was back, right here in front of him.

A small tear escaped his eyes as he let out a mixture of laughing and crying and pulled Killian into his arms, squeezing him in a bone-crushung hug while the lack of concentration made him turn into his were form.
"We won't let that happen again, alright? We won't let anyone tear us apart again.
Okay?
You and me, we..."
Looking at Killian with big, pleading eyes, he let go of his brother.
"... I mean... We are... We are still brothers... Right-?"

Killian smiled softly at Caine, nodding slowly as he put his hand on the Cainsson's shoulder.
"Of course we are.", he replied, his eyes sparkling lovingly as he pulled his twin brother into another hug.

It hurt, knowing that he was nothing but a squib. Knowing that he wasn't even supposed to live.
It hurt, deep inside, knowing that he was born as a product in a puppy mill, discarded and thrown away to be left to die.
His parents weren't his real parents. His little brother and big sister weren't really his siblings either.
Even though he still saw them as his family, it hurt that they had never told him the truth. All his life he had been lied to.

Although he was both mad and hurt, Killian couldn't be happier to have found his brother. A twin!
All these years Caine had been looking for him, and that look on Caine's face - it really made Killian feel special. Especially after being told that he was nothing, a squib.

"It's annoying.", the Dark One mumbled after a while, sighing. "I have no memories of both you nor our mother. I don't remember a thing. And here you are, almost remembering every single detail of our short time together. Doesn't that hurt...?"
Killian frowned sadly, sinking his gaze to the floor for a second before he looked back at his brother.
"What happened to mom?"

Caine smiled softly, shaking his head at his brother's question.
He so had to introduce Kate and Killian when she woke up! Her reaction would for sure be priceless.
And then there also was the fact that he was unconditionally and irrevocably in love with every little thing about her. She was like a sun, bringing light and warmth into his life, and now there also was his brother; and suddenly... Suddenly he had two reasons to live, two reasons to smile, two reasons to believe his life could really change.

Focusing again on answering Killian, he pointed at himself and his were form.
"You probably don't remember, but Cainssons grow faster than dark ones in their first year of life, so I was already on the level of a three-year-old while you were still a little baby. That's why you don't remember but I do."

At Kilians other question, he looked at the ground for a moment, frowning sadly.
"I honestly have no idea. I was sold a couple of months after you were... Had Disappeared. She had lost her voice from all the howling and calling, trying to find you, so even if she'd still be alive now and hear me- she couldn't answer. So I lost the last track of her... But she's strong! She's a fucking badass, so she might still be somewhere out there. I certainly hope so..."

Trying to change the topic to something more happy, he smirked softly.
"Man Killian, I really have to introduce you and Katie. She's fucking amazing. ... And I'm pretty sure I'm having the crush of the century on her..."

"I really wish I could remember her face. I mean... I don't even know what mom used to look like.", Killian replied, sighing sadly, his face saddening even more as Caine explained how their mother lost her voice from calling her son.
She had loved him that much that she had howled to him each and every night until her voice had completely disappeared?
And Killian had just grown up with no memory of her whatsoever...

"Do you think she missed me? Or did she just forget about me after a while? I mean- I'm no expert but surely mothers are more attached to their 'good' child instead of their squib... no?", the Dark One asked, a thoughtful expression on his face.
He was asking himself so many questions, about everything, and especially about his identity.
Though who wouldn't ask themselves a dozen questions when their entire life turned out to be a lie?

Killian made an akward face as Caine mentioned someone called 'Katie' and having a crush on her, scratching the back of his neck.
"That Katie isn't by chance... blonde-haired, blue-eyed and tiny compared to us - is she?", he asked silently, motioning towards the door - where a woman that fitted that description perfectly was leaning against the door frame, a big blush and a soft grin on her face.

Caine at first turned white as the wall when he noticed Kate standing there- clearly having heard what he had just said- then blushed to a deep red and lastly held one finger up to tell Kate to wait for a moment.

Turning back to Killian, he shook his head, smiling softly.
"Killian she loved you. And she never made a difference between us. We both didn't. No matter if you were a Cainsson or a squib or a human or an Aeterna- you are my brother and her son. And we love you, no matter what. And you gotta believe me, little brother- after all I'm 12 minutes older than you!"

Smirking softly, he winked at Killian before he turned to Kate, blushing once more.
She knew.
She definitely knew.
Now he could either make a fool of himself and try to wind out of this situation or be a man and stand for what he said.
Latter definitely sounded less embarrassing, even if it took more courage. But even though he was a warrior, an unbeatable fighter, he felt like this would take him more courage than all the fights in his entire life summed up.

He took a deep breath before he went over to Kate, gently wrapped his arms around her waist, pulled her close and looked down into her eyes, his heart racing.
"Now you know...", He mumbled silently, love and fear equally written in his eyes.
"No matter what you'll decide to do and say about this- just know I will accept it, and if you don't see us like I do, i will keep my distance and just focus on being a friend. So... Don't feel pressured about anything, okay?"

Last edited:
Killian was smiling warmly at Caine's comment about loving him - as brother of course - feeling as if his heart was lighting up and making his entire body glow.
This was what it felt to be happy.
Upon the Cainsson walking away to the woman, Killian excused himself with an akward "Bye" - walking out of the room, hiding behind the door to read both of their minds and perhaps hear one or two words they'd say.
He of course didn't want to miss out on this!

As the other man had left her and Caine alone, the Cainsson approaching Kate with a red face, the woman shyly put a streak of hair behind her ear, smiling softly at him.
"So it is really true.", she whispered, looking deep into his eyes with a loving expression in hers.
"I thought I was going crazy when I saw the signs you were showing about being in love. And then Alma mentioned you being imprinted on me... I couldn't believe it."

Catherine shook her head, letting out a soft giggle as Caine started talking about what would happen if she didn't think about it the same way, just lifting her finger up to his lips to silence him.
"Shush - stop talking.", she whispered, wrapping her arms around the man's neck to pull herself closer.
"Now, are you going to kiss me or are you going to keep staring at me like that?"

"I am a wolf, Killian, I can smell you!", Caine called towards the door, laughing softly before he focused back on Kate, softly stroking over her cheek, taking in all the little things about her.
How she wrinkled her nose when she smiled, how her eyes started to sparkle...

And all of a sudden, he realized that they sparkled because of him.
For the mere reason he was here with her, loving her.
With a soft smile, he reached up to his back to rip a hole into the back of his black shirt, so a newly grown pair of beautiful, golden and brown wings could free itself from the confinement of the fabric.

wrapping his wings around her as well, he winked at her, before lifted her up and kissed her gently but also passionately.
"You literally give me wings, Sunshine", he whispered, only now realizing that he had probably stood there with closed eyes for about a minute after the kiss.
"I'ts super obvious that I have absolutely no experience, isn't it?", He chuckled awkwardly, gently leaning his forehead against Katie's with sparkling eyes.

Catherine let out a peaceful sigh, staring at Caine with big, sparkling eyes.
It was so cute how he looked at her, how he talked, how he - just everything about him.
This man had been through so much in his life, he had been bruised and hurt - but here he was, as vulnerable as possible, in love.
No matter how much of a great psychiatrist Katy was, she had never thought it would be possible for someone to change that much in not even 24 hours.

"I wouldn't know.", she replied, cuddling her face into Caine's chest, inhaling his sweet scent before she looked up at him again.
"Your wings are beautiful. And I'm quite surprised I'm not freaking yet.", she chuckled, just pulling Caine down to her so that their faces were only inches apart - smiling shyly before she kissed him lovingly.
No, she hadn't been through stuff Caine had been through, but she had felt as if her life didn't have a purpose. This man here had made her feel alive, had made her feel important and loved and all that just in less than a day.
He was fantastic.
And she'd do anything to make him believe that.

"So... that Killian-guy you wanted to introduce me to? Is he still standing at the door trying to catch a glimpse of us?"

Caine smiled softly, blinking a couple of times as he looked at Kate before his smile turned into a smirk.
"You are confused, aren't you?", He mumbled mockingly and slightly tilted his head to the side.
"I know I'm acting very differently from how I did when we met for the first time. It's because of you. I told you, everything slips into the background when you are imprinted; when the one you are imprinted on is fine, you are fine too, and their worries become yours. I still have a long way to go, but you helped me want to try going it."

When Kate mentioned Killian, he grinned softly, proudly lifting his chin.
"That Killian guy is my twin brother, Katie", he whispered happily, before calling out for him.
"Killian you stalker, come in! You gotta meet Katie!"

"Do I have to meet "Katie", too?", A boy of around 19 years with long, wavy black hair asked neutrally, his hazel eyes cold as ice.
"Who are you now?!", Caine growled warningly, ready to fight and protect Kate anytime.
"My name is Kieron. Dormammu."
Caine's eyes narrowed while a frown appeared on his face. "like-?"
The boy just nodded. "I'm sure you remember the Desaster of my plain existence."
"Yeah... One of my owner's used to insult me by saying 'loo Kat you, even more worthless than that forbidden child'."
"Yep. Yeah well, whatever. Alma asked me to help you guys out, so here I am. That woman is plain scary when she gets to talking serious. You must be Mr.Mercy; she mentioned you. Good to see you are free from slavery now."
"Eh.. yeah... Just Caine.", Caine mumbled. "Ah eh, Kieron, this is Kate."
"Yeah", Kieron said plainly, and despite his polite words, his eyes and vocie were cold enough to freeze hell. "Hi."

Last edited:
Just as Catherine wanted to express her confusion to Caine about his twin brother, another voice errupted in the room, making her flinch and softly pinch Caine's arm.
She was quite easily startled.
The woman just listened to Caine and Kieron's conversation, akwardly waving at the boy once he acknowledged her existence.

"Hi there. I'm Doctor Catherine Jones, but just call me Kate or Katie or whatever other nickname you can think of. It's nice to meet you, Kieron. Did I pronounce that correctly?", Kate introduced herself, her familiar warm smile on her face as she stretched out her hand to greet the newcomer.
"I suppose Alma explained the entire thing going on here to you?"
Thinking about Alma, where was she? Perhaps she had gone to the city to buy some more supplies before the group would go to recruit a sailor at Aiolos' Harbor.

"You're back from your city trip, I see.", Killian mumbled to Kieron once he had re-entered the room again, raising an eyebrow. At first that kid disrespected Marceline and now hardly showed any interest in meeting the others. What a great catch.
Kate by now was slightly overwhelmed with all these new people - who somehow didn't really seem to get about that well. The other dark-blonde man probably was Killian, so that question was answered already.
Now why was he that hostile towards that kid?

"Oh - hi there to you, too. Killian, I suppose?", Catherine said, stretching out her other hand at him. She probably looked ridiculous right now, standing in between two men with her hands stretched out to them for a handshake.
"Yeah. And you're Katie, I suppose?"
The woman nodded, smiling as Killian shook her hand before she turned back to Kieron.

"So - anyone up to getting some breakfast? We could sit outside in the little garden and talk a bit, to get to know each other better, sounds like a good idea?"

Kieron took a deep, sharp breath before he gave Kate a quick, firm handshake, however without looking into her eyes- instead, his gaze dug into the wall behind her with an intensity that made it easily possible to expect the wall freezing to solid ice any second.

"Kieron Dormammu, Alma's nephew", he said, not disrespectfully or unfriendly whatsoever; the only thing that would put someone off was the coldness of his voice.
He didn't have any abilities related to ice- but the way he could make people shrink into themselves and shiver under the icy intensity of his gaze was pretty damn close.
"Alma left to find out more about the darkness", he explained. "She said she will be back sometime tomorrow. And I am the one who suggested to her collecting a group of individuals to create a variety sufficient for defeating the darkness. Though I certainly didn't expect her to bring a human."

While Caine narrowed his eyes at Kieron, trying to figure whether he should speak up or let Kate handle him on her own, the boy turned around to Killian, his gaze and voice changing from ice to normal in less than a second.
"Killian, hi", he said, scratching his arm before he sighed softly.
"Listen man, I didn't mean to snap at your girl, okay? I apologise if I sounded rude; I actually consider wisps to be highly admirable people, dedicating their lives to helping those in need. And as soon as I see her again, I will apologise to her too, alright?"
With a careful, apologetic look on his face, he stretched out his hand to killian as an apology and offer to make peace.
"Alright?"

Meanwhile, Caine was already standing at the stove with a pan in his hand.
"I'm making bacon pancakes! Bacon pancakes, anyone?"
"I'd take one if you don't mind!", Kieron tried at that, smiling at Caine for a moment.

Catherine didn't reply to Kieron, but just watched him interact with Killian and lastly Caine with an intense frown. Quite interesting to try and read him.
"You didn't expect her to bring a human or you didn't expect her to bring a female?", Katy lastly asked after a while, raising her eyebrows.
"Isn't it strange how you, a child of forbidden love, an outcast, hated your entire life - are perfectly fine with having a Cainsson on board - a species seen as more worthless than a dead rat - but not with a human that might not have any special futuristic abilities like you all, but who could break all of you by choosing the correct words to say. Is it fear I smell there? Hate? Or just mysogyny?"
Kate just stared at the boy for a moment before she turned around and made her way to the stove, helping Caine out with making breakfast.

Killian was staring at Kate, dumbfounded by her words - no, fascinated actually by her courage to say something like that - before he shook his head to turn to Kieron.
Akwardly shifting forth and back, smiling uncomfortably, Killian shook his head once more at the boy's words.
"Oh - no, no she's - Marceline is not my girl. I just - she just... eh, yeah. You know? I don't want her to feel like she's doing something wrong. You know? She's eh - she's trying her best, so I kinda snapped but that was just - she's not - yeah."
He just let out an awkward cough, shaking Kieron's hand, smiling.
"I snap quite easily so it also wasn't fair to snap back at you. So, apologies for that, too."

"i am a well-educated and respected member of our society, to be entirely correct", Kieron just said coldly, crossing his arms as he stared at Kate.
"So, no, I am no outcast. Despite my heritage, I proved myself all my life and earned the respect of society. And I have been working closely with the women working in the sewing shop. In fact, about three quarters of my coworkers were female and I'm thankful to this day how they encouraged me to finish my traineeship as a tailor."

He just went to grab some plates to put on the table in the garden already.
She was just like every human- thinking they knew everything while actually having no clue whatsoever but putting their wrong assumptions over absolutely everything- even the well-being of innocent people.
"You might realize your assumption of misogyny is entirely wrong, lady. With all due respect- you shouldn't just go and act like you know what's going on here. You have absolutely no idea, and your psychological hacks won't work with me."

He turned his heel to bring the plates out, but stopped once more to smirk faintly at Killian.
"Really? You guys seemed so close. I'm surprised, to be honest. But hey- who knows what the future will hold hm?"
He just chuckled silently. "Seriously though- let's just forget about last evening. You like her and want her to be happy, I get that. And between the two of us- she likes you too. It was kinda obvious."

"Then tell me, why are you acting so hostile towards me if it's not misogyny? What have I done to you to make you act this way? We've only just met. Is it because I'm human?", Kate replied, just leaning against the fridge, staring coldly at him.
"With all due respect - you shouldn't just go and throw every human being into the same pot without knowing them. Yes, there are humans that kill and hurt others, but does that mean everybody is like that then? In case you didn't listen, I'm a doctor. I've spent 8 years of my life to post-undergraduate studies to become a board-certified psychiatrist, another 2 years to complete my M.D. degree plus another 2 years of residency. I've spent 12 years of my life studying human beings and their behavior - to help them. You don't wish others to judge you because of your heritage - then also don't judge me because of my species."
Catherine sighed, shaking her head before she turned to Caine with a soft smile and gave him a kiss on his cheek.
"I'll go look for Marceline and ask her if she wants some breakfast too.", she whispered to him, walking off with a scoff, leaving the men alone in the kitchen.

Killian watched Katie walk off, shifting his gaze to Kieron and onto Caine, smirking.
"She's got a spicy attitude. I like it.", he mumbled, winking at his twin brother before he looked back at Kieron.
"Yeah well- wait. I never said I liked her! I- I just want her to be happy and want her to feel... to feel good.", he replied, making an offended face before he made big eyes and whispered to Kieron,
"She likes me?"

Caine was frowning sorrowfully as he watched Kate argue with Kieron, but as soon as she kissed his cheek, he started feeling swoony again.
Killian's comment about Kate being spicy just made him grin proudly.
"She's just awesome, isn't she? Yeah, she's awesome", he sighed happily.

Meanwhile Kieron was smirking at Killian, internally laughing about the man's attempt to deny the obvious.
"Oh come on Killian, she stayed when you wanted to attack her. She even purposefully put on the cutest clothes she could find before you guys went into the kitchen."
He shrugged. "I'm no stalker, the birds told me. But man of course she likes you, Mr.Blindfold!"

"Oh brother, you're so cute drooling like that.", Killian replied to Caine, imitating an old woman's voice while he pinched his brother's cheeks, chuckling.
At Kieron's comments, Killian just made extremely weird faces, shaking his head.
"No- no no no, she just- eh... she knew I wouldn't attack her, and she- she just liked those clothes. She didn't put any of them on for me. That's- that's just ridiculous.", he replied, chuckling nervously - almost choking on his own awkward laughing.
"I mean - she's... hah, imagine a Whisp and a Dark One. Very funny, isn't it? Yeah, ridiculous, impossible-"
The man just nodded at himself, making some finger guns at Kieron before he just turned around to the table and pretended to be brushing some dust off.

Catherine had made her way upstairs, looking for Marceline, while muttering some angry words to herself.
How could Alma just let her alone here? Kate couldn't do this on her own! She was an extremely gentle and calm person by nature, yet here she was, steaming because of some new recruit. How was Kate supposed to be the one to keep the group together and working when she wasn't even able to keep herself together?

"Marceline. Jitter! You somewhere here? We're making breakfast, want some too?"

"imagine an Aeterna and a dark one", Kieron just commented, looking at Killian with a completely deadpan expression.
Would he get the hint?
His father- a dark one.
His mother- an Aeterna.
They had been crazy in love, happy- until the world had found out. Luckily they didn't know who his father was, or they wouldn't have given him the chance to prove himself in a million years.
"Just saying."
He shrugged, smirking before he just gave Killian a firm Pat on the back. "We'll see what time will his for you guys."

"Coming!", Marceline called just a minute before she hasted downstairs, wearing some black shorts, oversized black and white striped sweater, black overknees and red sneakers, fitting to the red and black bracelet around her left arm.

"I smell bacon!", she sighed excitedly as soon as she had entered the kitchen.
"Too bad wisps are veggies... Ah screw it!"
Grinning softly, she stole a piece of bacon right out of Caine frying pan.
"Oh hi Kieron!"
"Hey. Listen, I didn't mean to snap at you yester-"
"Ah don't mind it", Marceline interrupted him with a sunny smile. "I'm not made of sugar." Turning to Killian, her smile turned even brighter.
"Killian!" With big, curious eyes, she walked up to him, mumbling silently as she was close. "What did Caine want to talk about alone? Is everything alright? You look... Nervous or so?"

Killian had just wanted to reply to Kieron when the beautiful, soft voice of Marceline filled the room - gulping nervously as she suddenly stood in front of him.
She really looked extremely sweet like that. And she looked just so... beautiful.

"Nervous?", he repeated, shaking his head with a soft smile.
"Oh no I'm not nervous."
Killian smirked softly, scratching the back of his neck while he just stared at Marceline for a moment.
"Oh what Caine wanted to talk about - well I'm not... I'm not a 'pure' Dark One but actually a squib from a puppy mill and Caine's my twin brother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back