• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nova

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Catherine watched Caine jump up and down on the bed, letting out a soft giggle. He was just like a child, it was so cute!
She smiled softly as the wolf cuddled against her, gently running her fingers through his fluffy fur.

Yesterday had just been a normal day for Katy. She'd been working, talking to her patients and trying to help them... and now here she was, in a different world, lying in bed with a wolf. A wolf who actually was a really hot man.
There was a lot to process, and it would take a while before she wouldn't start freaking when thinking about everything that had happened, but she also knew that the magic from this world would never stop surprising and fascinating her.

"Watch your words, missy.", Killian growled, cracking his knuckles before he continued talking.
"I'm ex-forces, and my best friend was a Cainsson. Maybe before you take your prejudices and think everybody's the same, make sure you know everyone's story."
The man shook his head, just letting out a long sigh.

"So, you're looking for outcasts to try and save this fucked-up world?", he repeated what the whisp had just said, raising an eyebrow.
"And how do you think a group of totally different people is supposed to be all friendly-friends and work together?"

[Sleeping Caine X3]

A rustling broke the silence of the night. Bare, raw feet, steps soundless as a cat's, crossed the last line of trees of the forest, the moonlight revealing the slender, young man they belonged to. His clothes were merely rags, just a worn-out, ripped and sewn back together brown leather coat over a white shirt that wasn't white anymore and frayed black pants with bare feet sticking out.
It was more than clear that he didn't have a home, and the dark rings under his eyes gave him an exhausted look.

After he had looked up at the Moon once, Enoch dropped down on a big rock and swung his mandolin from his back to his front. Two strings were torn, but somehow the young man still managed to get a heavenly, soft Melody out of the worn down instrument.
His voice was, despite his ragged and rough look, soft as silk, when he opened his mouth to sing a lonely song.
"I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away
I want you back
I want you back

My neighbors think I'm crazy
But they don't understand
You're all I have
You're all I have

At night when the stars
Light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the moon
Tryin' to get to you
In hopes you're on
The other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon
Oh

I'm feeling like I'm famous
The talk of the town
They say I've gone mad
Yeah I've gone mad

But they don't know what I know
'Cause when the sun goes down
Someone's talking back
Yeah they're talking back

At night when the stars
Light up my room
I sit by myself

Talking to the moon
Tryin' to get to you
In hopes you're on
The other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

Do you ever hear me calling?
oh oh oh
oh oh oh
'Cause every night

I'm talking to the moon
Still trying to get to you
In hopes you're on
The other side
Talking to me too
Or am I a fool
Who sits alone
Talking to the moon

I know you're somewhere out there
Somewhere far away..."

Marceline watched Killian with one quirked eyebrow for a moment, before she sighed softly and ran her fingers through her hair.
"I didn't mean to lump everyone together, apologies if I sounded like I did. I just meant to say that many of those who have a good life in the crowd and everything wouldn't give that up to go in a risky mission with people they might see as lesser.", She explained patiently.

At his question, a faint smile appeared on her face.
"We have a human psychatrist on our side as well, who will try to bring peace to the group. We don't need to friend per se, we just need to be able to work together to save a world that still lahs a lot to learn."
Looking down into the fire, Marceline lifted her shoulders thoughtfully.
"I mean, sure, there's so much wrong with this world- but it's the only world we have."[/quote][/QUOTE]

[I bet he's super cute while sleeping! :3 Katy sleeping too xD]

It was a calm night, dozens of stars sparkling brightly, forming a nice contrast to the beautiful moon. There were no clouds blocking the view, and if one paid enough attention, one would consider this a perfect night.

It was one thing being an Alicorn princess, and it was another thing being the moon's daughter - that's what beings like Luna were called.
Daughter of the Moon and Daughter of the Sun.
Two sisters, the one as important as the other, one's glory overshadowing the other.

Alicorns were powerful beings that were able to shift into a winged unicorn. Whenever not in their equine form, they would keep both their wings and horn, and their hair usually showed incredible colors that hinted at one's special abilities. If an alicorn were able to manipulate water, their hair would show waves, the ocean, float around as if the water were dancing.

A beautiful young woman, her galaxy-like hair floating beautifully around her, big ice blue eyes piercing through her gaze, wearing a long, dark blue dress with some moon-like engravings. Whenever her hair moved it showed a purple-blueish horn, the same color as her wings.
She looked just as mysterious as the night and its wonders.

"That was a beautiful song.", the woman mumbled softly at the man sitting on the floor, slowly approaching.
She of course knew who the man was. He'd talked and sung to her almost every night, but he didn't know who she was.
She had talked to him. The moon had answered his worries, and she was sick of all the loneliness that she decided to leave her post and meet him.
Personally.
Though probably without telling him that she was the one who raised the moon and the stars.

Killian nodded at the whisp's explanation of what she had actually meant, frowning thoughtfully for a moment.
"Well if you're looking for someone to kick ass who's got no problem leaving their current life, then you're at the right address here. There are many Dark ones here you could ask. Of course it depends if you could trust one, and those that live here already have enough blood on their hands, so getting one on your side might be a difficult task."

The man's eyes widened as Marceline mentioned them having a human psychiatrist in their team.
He didn't know how they got a human here, and he wasn't sure if he wanted to, but he knew one thing - and that was that he was asking himself if they were crazy.
"A human?", he repeated, a baffled expression on his face. "People won't be happy when they find out, you know what they think of humans here."

Enoch flinched at the sudden voice interrupting his loneliness. Normally no one cared to talk to him, either people just didn't want to put up with a homeless orphan or they were scared of him for what he could do. So he really hadn't expected anyone to just walk up to him like that.
He looked up at the Moon once more; she was oddly silent tonight...
But when he looked at the young woman the voice belonged to, his heart suddenly started to race. He didn't even know why.
Frowning slightly, he pushed his hand against his chest. Maybe he was having some sort of reaction to his recent lack of sleep or something...

The girl certainly looked mysterious, but even if she had looked twice as beautiful- she would never be more than maybe a friend, for he already was in love.
In love with the Moon.
Ever since he had lost his mother and siblings to a mysterious sickness that had haunted their tiny village when he had just been a little boy of 11 years, he had spent every night talking to the Moon.
And she answered.
It wasn't like he could hear her voice with ears or even in his head, no, it was as if he was hearing her straight with his heart. For all those years she had been the only one he had, and as time had passed, friendship had turned into love for him.
Hopeless, dreamful love, yes, but love nonetheless.

"Oh, hello-", he said silently, ashamed by his ragged clothes but without any chance to hide his obvious homelessness.
"Thank you... I wrote it for someone very special", he explained, quickly looking up once more. Why was she so silent tonight? He slowly started to worry.
"Oh eh- I'm Enoch. Enoch Twigg."

Marceline shrugged at Killian's comment about people here disliking humans.
"Well I doubt anyone would dare to insult or attack our group though", she explained, putting on a winner smile.
"The one who started this all is Alma Fredclarkeara- the Aeterna. You know they are almost seen as royals here."

he was right about one thing though- finding a trustworthy dark one who would be willing to join their team would be a tough task.
"Killian, do you might have an idea who would possibly help?", She asked thoughtfully, her shining eyes focusing on the flames before she looked to the ex soldier. "And, if it's not too straightforward- may I ask why an ex soldier lives in a place like this? You guys are mostly seen as heroes, so I doubt you wouldn't be welcome out there-"

Luna watched the man with a soft smile, stretching her wings before she sat down next to him, looking at his instrument for a moment. She loved music, and every instrument fascinated her, just as the person playing it.

She quickly looked away for a moment, thinking about telling him her real name, and just smiled as she looked back again.
"Nice to meet you, Enoch. I'm Luna.", she replied, actually just wanting to facepalm herself. She'd just decided to go with 'Moona' in her thoughts to not give away her identity!

The woman saw the man's sorrowful expression, frowning sadly herself for a second before she slightly tilted her head.
"Who is that special someone you wrote that song for, if I may ask?"

"An Aeterna starting a group to fight a war? That's something you don't hear everyday.", Killian replied, nodding to himself. He'd never gotten the honor to meet an Aeterna, but he had heard many stories about them. They were extremely intelligent and elegant - and surely no beings that favored war.

"I know some people I could ask, but don't expect too much.", the Dark One mumbled at the whisp's question about knowing someone who would want to help, his pupils shrinking to a tiny circle as she asked him quite a personal question.
It wasn't that he really minded replying, what happened, happened, but it still hurt to think about it.

"I wasn't honorably discharged, if that's what you're thinking. I don't know if you know anything about the army, but whenever a member does something... unforgivable, he is publicly humiliated, insulted and beat up.", Killian started explaining, not keeping his gaze off of the fire.
"I turned dark on a mission and killed a brother-in-arms. Fled the scene, got home to my family... and killed them too. My parents, my brother, my sister and her husband, and their daughter, my two-month-old niece. When I woke up, without knowing what I did, I was fired, and I fled to the mountains where nobody knew who I was and what I did, and me not being able to hurt anyone."

Enoch looked at Luna from the corner of his eye for a moment, quirking one eyebrow. What an of coincidence... But oh well, Luna was a relatively widespread and popular name, so didn't think about it twice.

At her question, he ran his hand through his golden locks before he spoke up to answer.
"Well, I have this special friend... We know either since we were kids. She was always there for me, ever since I lost my family and home, and she always listens... Right up there, see her?"

Smiling insecurely, Enoch motioned towards the Moon, shining bright in the beautiful night.
"She's somewhere up there, somewhere with the stars and moon. She is a princess, you know? The daughter of the Moon. Unbelievable that someone like her... So shining and beautiful... Puts up with a ragged and dirty homeless orphan like me, but she once told me she's lonely, too..."

Awkwardly clearing his throat, he lifted his shoulders. "My... My dream is to see her, only one time, you know? So I can tell her how amazing she is and see her smile of happiness..."

Marceline listened with big, sorrowful eyes, just silently staring into the flames for a long time after Killian had ended his explanation.
That poor man.
All of a sudden, realization struck her like a bazooka.
"... You don't want me to leave as soon as possible because you distrust me... It's you yourself whom you distrust...", she mumbled silently, her eyes wide as she looked up from the flames and at the dark one.

She could only imagine the pain lingering deep inside him, buried under god knows how many years of loneliness.
"You can't harm me. I'm a ghost. And-"
Slowly, carefully crawling around the fire to Killian's side, she watched him sorrowfully before she carefully rested her cool fingers on his arm. As long as this connection would remain, all the pain he had ever felt would be erased, leaving him at ease for at least a bit.
"-you are lost...", She whispered silently.

Luna listened to Enoch with big eyes, fascination written all over her face. Did he really think she was great? Did he really think she was beautiful?
Her sister, Celestia, the Alicorn princess that raised the sun, was loved by everyone. Every single species enjoyed her sunny days, gathered for the sunrise and some even for the sunset.
But there rarely were people that stayed awake to enjoy Luna's night.
She remembered once planning a beautiful star shower with lots of shooting stars and a beautiful full moon - nobody had showed up.
Not even her own sister.

Someone telling her that the moon was beautiful, and loved, made her want to weep.
She had to make sure she wouldn't cry, but she couldn't help let a tear escape.

"Tell me about her. Do you enjoy talking to her? Do you think she's a good friend - even if you two have never met?"

Killian didn't answer the whisp as she mentioned him distrusting himself, just staring at the fire - making big eyes as the woman suddenly crawled towards him.
As she touched his arm, he felt as if the weight of the world just fell off of his shoulders, the big hole in his heart sewing itself shut.
He felt at ease, relaxed, for the first time in years.

"How did you just do that?", the man asked, looking at the whisp with big eyes - that turned into a confused frown as she mentioned him being lost.
"I'm not lost, I know where I am. But if you don't remember where to go I can show you the way out of the mountains. Everything kinda looks the same over here."

Enoch smiled lovingly as he looked up at the Moon again, closing his eyes as if he could feel the moonshine like others felt the sunlight.
He had often been called a weirdo when he had still been a kid, because he had spent all his nights awake, watching the sky.

"She is the best friend you could ever imagine", he lastly said with a soft smile, his soft blue eyes glittering, all four pupils wide.
"Whenever I feel lost, she's there. She's like an angel, but I imagine her even more beautiful than one. It's not important if we have ever met in person... I couldn't live without her, that's all that counts."

He sighed softly, turning back to look at the girl beside him.
"You know, we sometimes have different opinions. And sometimes we didn't talk for a couple of nights because we argue like everyone else does, too. But that would never prevent me from loving her, and caring so deeply about her I'd give my life anytime if it meant that she would be fine."
[ <3 ]

Marceline smiled softly as she watched Killian's pain subside at her magical touch.
"It's what we do- we can ease physical and mental pain at touch", she explained, a hint of pride in her voice.
That was her favorite part of her- seeing the weight of the world fall off someone's shoulders, even if it was just for a while.
The peaceful look in their eyes, it was beautiful.

When Killian claimed he wasn't lost, she chuckled softly, gently pointing at his heart.
"You are lost in there", she mumbled, concern, care and understanding written in her diamond eyes.
"You have lost your hope to ever find a home, a place where you feel safe being yourself."
Looking back into the flames for a while, she thought and thought, contemplating matters.
"Killian?", She lastly asked softly, looking back up at him with a soft smile. "Would you join our group? It could be your second chance."

Luna's eyes were sparkling like the stars in the dark nightsky by now, her heart racing, feeling dizzy.
Of course Enoch had told her already that she was a great friend to him, but him talking about her, to her, without knowing that she was who she was - okay she wasn't even sure what she was thinking anymore.
She just knew that she felt as if there were fireworks exploding in her stomach.

"You seem to really like her.", Luna mumbled, smiling softly at the man.
"You know, it seems as if you two really have a special bond. It's amazing how you don't let any differences get in between of your special friendship. That really shows that you were made to be together."

"That's not- that's not true. How would you know?", Killian asked, raising an eyebrow at the woman. Honestly, when she had said those words, it'd made him feel weak.
Who was afraid of themselves? Psychopaths, usually.

His eyes widened as Marceline asked if he wanted to join their group, contemplating wether he should think of even thinking of joining the group.
It wouldn't be safe for them.
He could hurt someone. Maybe even kill them.
How could the whisp trust him enough to ask him that?

"Are you sure?"

Enoch smiled softly at Luna, shrugging at her statement of them being meant to be together.
He had wished so often that he could just climb up into the sky and go to her, visit her, hug her...
She was all he had... And he didn't even know what she looked like.

"Now, come on, one talked do much about myself now. What about you? What are you doing in the middle of the night out here in the boondocks? Wearing a dress. Who wears a dress in the forest?"
Smirking softly, he winked at her.
"I mean, all I know about you if they your name is Luna and that's it."

Marceline thought about a good way to explain everything to Killian, watching the flames while she was thoughtfully playing around with a streak of her white hair.
"Wisps are highly sensible for other beings' feelings", she lastly explained. "We are like sponges for feelings around us. Say you are super happy- I would feel it like warm Sunshine coming from you. Fear feels like electricity, sadness like raging waves... When someone feels lost, it feels like tons of ice being loaded on your shoulders. And that's the feeling I'm picking up from you right now, along with confusion and insecurity."

As he asked if she was sure about him joining their team, she nodded, looking up at Killian with big, sparkling eyes and a sweet smile.
"Mhmm! And if you ever go dark I'll help you turn normal again and cause no harm."
Holding out her frail and fragile little hand to the dark one, she gave him a calm smile. "What do you say? Deal?"

((Wouldn't it be cute if he'd now find out that she's actually Luna-Luna and not just a random Luna?))

The young woman smiled softly, the sparkling in her eyes turning into star-shaped sparkles for a second, her horn slowly starting to glow as she looked up at the moon.
"My name is Luna. I'm an Alicorn princess, and the one responsible for the night. I raise the moon, I raise the stars, I make sure nobody has nightmares... And I came here because my best friend was singing such a wonderful song, and I wanted to meet him after all those years.", she explained, looking back at Enoch with a gentle smile.

Her hair almost seemed to glow when the moon shun her light on it. Her eyes were sparkling like the stars. Was there anything on her that didn't remind of the night?

"You see, he's just really great. We've known each other since he was eleven and I was nine, and we've talked every night since. We both helped each other through some really tough times, and I would give up anything, my life even, to make him happy."

"That's a really awesome gift you got there, but isn't it sometimes exhausting to feel what everybody else feels?", Killian asked, turning his gaze to the fire, just watching the flames for a moment, before he looked back at the whisp.

He wasn't sure if it was fate, or just coincidence that she barged into his cage, but he knew that it definitely was life-saving.
"I really hope you know what you're getting into, Marceline.", he mumbled, pulling a strange face for a moment, as if he was still thinking about making the right decision - just shaking her hand in the end.
"Deal."

Enoch just stared at Luna with big eyes for a long moment before he gasped "oh my- Luna!" and wrapped his arms around her to pull her into a tight, passionate hug.
Gently holding her face in his hands he stared into her eyes, his sparkling even brighter than the night sky.
"I can't believe you are here! My God... You are even more beautiful than I ever imagined..."

Gently pulling her a bit closer, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders and looked up at the night sky once more, sighing happily.
"You're an artist, I mean look at this sky- beautiful..."
Smirking softly, he took his eyes off the sky to look at Luna curiously, his eyes still sparkling like they hadn't for a very long time.
"I'm curious though: when someone sees a shooting star and make a wish- do you hear it?"

"Awesome!", Marceline said with a happy smile when Killian shook her hand, before she looked at the flames again and nodded slowly.
"And, yeah- it is exhausting. Sometimes, when there are too many, to intensive feelings from others crashing upon me, it's like I go numb for a while and don't feel anything anymore. And sometimes i feel so insecure about my own feelings because i keep asking myself 'am I getting this right now or is it sucks up from someone else'. So- yeah, eh..."

She awkwardly ran her fingers through her hair before she put her hand on Killian's shoulder and smiled hopefully at him.
The side effect of her painkilling touch surely was useful too right now, but it was actually about the gesture in this moment, to show him that she wasn't scared- and if someone as small as her want scared, he wouldn't have to be scared either.
"And hey, don't worry- dark outbursts are usually caused by pain and anger, right? So when you are close to going dark, I'll just make sure you'll feel okay again, problem solved. Don't worry. I believe in you."

Luna was smiling happily, as if she had never smiled before, her eyes sparkling shyly as she blushed upon Enoch calling both her and her night beautiful.
It was wonderful watching him smile like that, especially after everything he'd been through. His eyes were sparkling brightly, and he was so excited that it seemed as if he had never a nightsky before.

"You're the only one who has ever appreciated me and my night, and if it wasn't for you- you know what would've happened.", she replied, her eyes changing their shape - only for a second - to hint at what she meant.
"I want to thank you for appreciating my night, and me with it."

Luna nodded as Enoch asked her about the shooting star, smiling.
"I hear when someone makes a wish on a shooting star or the moon itself, I hear when someone talks to the sky or the moon - like you - and I feel when someone is having a nightmare.", she explained.
"Why do you ask?"

"Can't you somehow switch that off?", Killian asked, slightly tilting his head. "I have telepatic abilities, one being telepathy - thus mindreading - and I had to learn how to block thoughts from other people out because it was so exhausting. Maybe it's possible for you to learn that too.", he suggested, smiling softly as the whisp put her hand on his shoulder again.

Ever since he was born there had always been species who were afraid of him. He wasn't allowed to attend a regular school and had to go to a faraway private school in the middle of nowhere for species like him.
Dark Ones.
Though there were other species there too, some being Cainssons - though those were extremely rare as most Cainssons were born into slavery - but about 90% of the pupils attending the school were Dark Ones.

Killian was taught that he was dangerous, and everyone around him thought the same - yet, here was a tiny woman, a small whisp of around 5ft., sitting next to him as if he couldn't just snap, go dark and kill her.
Truly fascinating, if someone were to ask him.

"When you see my veins going black, run.", he replied, a serious expression on his face. "It would maybe still be possible to stop me from going dark if only my eyes are black, but once you see my veins turning dark too - it's too late."

Enoch just smiled softly and gently planted a small kiss on Luna's cheek, slightly shaking his head.
"I am not the only one", he whispered, looking up at the stars again.
"Remember how we talked for the first time? I was very sick... The same sickness that had killed my siblings and father, and that night I thought I would die, too. It was a rainy night, clouded and dark, but I could see a glimpse of the Moon and it reminded me of all the nights father, my brothers and me had spent outside in the fields of our game, watching the sky. And when my youngest brother would ask him why he wasn't scared at night, he always said 'i love the stars too fondly to be scared of the dark'. He loved the night just as much as I do."

He sighed softly, looking at Luna from the corner of his eye with a nervous look on his face.
"There's something I kept a secret from you though-", he whispered. "I thought I would die that night. I thanked the Moon for shining through the clouds in my last moments and that's when you answered. The truth is...I was already as good as gone there. I had nothing to live for anymore, but then you answered and... Somehow it gave me the strength I needed to fight the sickness, but... It changed me. I never showed or told you because i didn't want to scare you..."
He reached down, dug his fingers of the one hand into the ground and it the other hand into the bark of the tree next to him. Soon enough, the half rotten remains of a wolf approached through the trees.

"I raise the dead."

"Unfortunately no", Marceline sighed at Killian's question.
However her mood changed from exhausted to sympathetic when she noticed how Killian was looking at her- full of wonder and fascination, mixed with a bit of confusion.
It was nice, seeing him smile for the first time, and she immediately had to smile too.

She knew how it went for most dark ones. They were more respected than Cainssons, but just as feared.
All their life they were told they were a danger for themselves and everyone around them; right from the start their lives were ruined by people telling them they would never have a chance to live a normal life.
It wasn't fair.

At his warning to run it she saw his brings turning black, Marceline just shook her head, smiling softly.
"I'll tell you what's the most special thing about whisps: we never leave someone who is lost. Say you'd get lost in your darkness- I would stay until I helped you snap out of it."
Smiling softly, Marceline leaned against the wall of the cave, watching Killian with her sparkling diamond eyes.
"I'm also much harder to harm physically, because I'm an astral being. So don't worry, okay? We're a team now; and I never let my friends down."

The princess smiled softly, letting out a silent sigh.
It was sweet how Enoch tried to cheer her up, but she knew that there were only a handful of people who appreciated her night. Others who stayed awake at night were usually criminal scum, and not stargazers such as Enoch.

Luna's eyes widened and her entire facial expression saddened as her best friend mentioned having kept something a secret from her, gasping as the skeletal remains of a wolf walked by.

"Fascinating.", she whispered, watching the undead animal for a moment before she turned back to Enoch.
"I have never seen anything like that. It's amazing.", she mumbled, totally in awe of what she had just seen.
But her friend's words still lingered in her brain.
"Come on, Enoch, you should know me better than that. There's not much you can do that would scare me, and raising the dead surely is nothing terrifying in my eyes, for you know, I'm a Nightmare."

"You're saying you wouldn't leave if I'd turn dark? Not even if I'd try to hurt you?", Killian asked, totally baffled by Marceline's words.
Never would he have dared to imagine someone not being afraid of him, let alone saying they wouldn't run from him.
It seemed more like a fairytale to hear such words, a beautiful lie that very probably would never turn into a reality.

The whisp however seemed to be honest. She didn't look like a liar, nor did he think she would ever dare to lie.
"You made me not know what to say.", he mumbled, still confused by everything that was happening.
"You don't even know me, yet give me a second chance to save Nova, and you give me your trust. I am honestly honored."

"you're the most beautiful and sweet nightmare one could have though", Enoch mumbled with a soft smile, letting go of the tree- the wolf immediately falling to the ground lifelessly again.

How could Luna not be scared of something like that?
It wasn't just that he was literally creating zombies; no one, absolutely no species was known to be able to do something even remotely similar, and his entire family had consisted of Terraki, a race closely related to Forest Elves, with the same close bond to nature but without their special abilities, excepting the Third Eye- or, in their case, second pair of eyes.
He had only developed this scary ability after he himself had been closer to death than to life. Probably the sickness had caused his body to mutate somehow.

"Oh hey-!", he suddenly said with a soft grin, holding up his hand to show Luna a ring on his left ring finger.
"Remember that amazing night when you that star showers? One almost fell on my head. I made this one of it. Made my days a bit less lonely by reminding me that a part of you is always right with me. And then I made this-..."
He pulled a wooden infinity necklace out of the holey pocket of his coat, smiling softly. "-for you... You know, like, no matter how far apart we are- I'll always be there, forever."
Smirking awkwardly, he scratched the back of his head, chuckling softly. "When it was finished I realized I had no way to get it up there to you."

Marceline smiled at Killian, wonder, even fascination, written in her shining gaze.
"Of course I'm giving you this chance, Killian", she said, as if the was the most normal thing on Earth, going without saying.
And why shouldn't she?
Yes, what he had done in the past was horrible, but she knew that wouldn't happen a second time- not with her being there.
She knew she could trust him with this mission- even if he himself didn't see it yet; he had a good heart.

"You seem a bit overwhelmed; confused, maybe. If I can help you somehow, just tell me, okay?"
Then, a thought came to her mind and she couldn't help but wonder- did he often have nightmares? It wouldn't surprise her after everything Killian had been through.
"Can I ask you another personal question?", She mumbled softly. "Do you often have nightmares? Because, you know, I could prevent them if you want. You look like you haven't had a refreshing night in far too long. Oh and- could you do me a favor? Could you check if the tips of my wings are still cold? Can't reach them. I mean, I have no problem with low temperatures per se, but my wings are kinda fragile, especially when cold... And a broken wing is impossible to heal."

Last edited:
Luna smiled lovingly at Enoch as he complimented her once again, watching him closely with big, sparkling eyes. She still didn't understand why someone would purposely stay awake at night, only to become sleep-deprived, just to talk to her. That man was full of wonders and surprises, and she loved it.

Her eyes widened to the size of saucers when Enoch showed her his ring. A ring he had made from one of her star showers. A part of her was there in that ring.
"Wow-", she mumbled silently, looking at the ring for a long period of time before she just flashed a happy grin at her friend. "Enoch, it's beautiful-"
She gasped as Enoch pulled out the necklace, gently touching the wooden infinity symbol before she grabbed Enoch's hand and gave it a little squeeze.
"It's beautiful- I have no words... buuuut you do know that I'm not always up there in the moon, right?"

"Yes, well - of course all of this is overwhelming. It'll just take some time to get it processed, I'd say.", Killian replied, tilting his head as Marceline mentioned wanting to ask him another personal question.

"Nightmares?", he repeated, frowning thoughtfully for a moment. "Well- yes, but I try to stay awake as long as possible. It's not the nightmares' fault that I look so tired.", he replied, smiling softly as he got up to check on the whisp's wings.
He carefully touched the tip of her fragile-looking wing with a finger, mesmerized by how the texture of her wings. They were so much different from his feathery ones, and hers weren't like any other wings of winged species he had seen.
They were extremely pretty.
And cold.

"Yes, they're still cold - but I have some warm blankets here. Wait, I'll get you one.", the man explained, nodding at her before he shifted into his gryphon form and flew off, all the way into the dark cave - taking only a few seconds before he returned, a fluffy, pink blanket in his claws.
"Here you are.", he mumbled as he shifted human again, putting the blanket around the woman's wings.
"Good like that?"

[i'm about to go out rn, so I'll reply to Enoch & Luna later today when I have better internet- the connection in the forest is crap X'D]

Marceline cuddled into the blanket with a soft smile, nodding.
"Yes, thank you Killian", she sighed relieved, giving him a warm smile.
To be honest- she had doubted Alma's idea to go seek for recruits in the mountains. Sure, people here were having a hard life, and some would have surely been glad to get a second chance, but still...
Their mission sounded very much like suicide and not many were willing to risk their life for a world that had never given them a chance.

But here he was, this Dark One called Killian, willing, even honored, to go and try to save Nova.
That meant something, a lot even, and in her opinion it said a lot about what kind of person he was; just as how he was making sure that she'd be alright while they knew each other not longer than an hour.
He was a dark one, sure, but he was no bad person.

"You know, normal whisps have the ability to adjust their physique to whatever it needs to be to survive. They'd grow gills under water, feathers on their wings in the cold, and so on. I don't have that ability." She shrugged, scoffing silently before she laughed a short, ironic laugh
"That's what you get when your mother keeps smoking weed during pregnancy."

[okidoki! Just don't forget to reply to them xD]

Killian just pulled an akward face at Marceline's comment about her mother, not really knowing how to reply to that. He wasn't sure if she minded it or not, and he didn't want to make a wrong comment and hurt or anger her.
So he just kept on smiling akwardly, nodding once in a while before he decided to break the akward silence by asking the whisp some questions. After all she'd asked him questions too.

"So... about this group you and the Aeterna are bringing together to try and make a stand against the shadows, right? You already got any recruits?", he asked, leaning his back against the stone wall, stretching his arms for a moment.
"And - sorry for my phrasing - who came with the idea to search for possible recruits here? I mean, both Nova's knighthood and military are short of species, but not even they would get the idea to recruit here. Especially when you're not built to stand low temperatures."

[this evening! X3]

Marceline chuckled softly at Killian's awkward face. It was so adorable how he didn't know what to say because he didn't want to make her feel bad.
Just another sign that he was a good person.

At his questions, she smiled excitedly, nodding.
"Well, till now it's Alma- no need to point her out further I guess-, me... Then there's a human woman, Catherine, and the Cainsson I mentioned before. His name is Caine. And I'm pretty sure Kate and Caine, well- it wouldn't surprise me if we found them kissing in the bushes sometime", Marceline chuckled. "Alma will occasionally come to check up on us and bring us news, otherwise she'll be researching all over Niva to find a way to fight the darkness. We're also hoping to get a sailor in our side, and the necromancer who is said to roam Nova. And everyone else who wants to join us is gladly accepted."
Shrugging, she chuckled softly at Killian's other question.
"It was Alma's idea to go find someone here. I didn't tell her about my disability to adjust like other whisps, otherwise she probably would treat me like a raw egg."

[I sure hope so missy! xD]

"A Cainsson and a human?", Killian repeated, making big eyes for a moment. "That's something... rather special. I hope the human is good for the Cainsson, after all they already have enough hate to deal with.", he replied, nodding seriously.

The army was usually filled with Dark Ones, sometimes other species too, but never Cainssons.
When Killain served, a Cainsson had just joined too - and he got so much shit, even from his own brothers-in-arms.
Killian wouldn't want to know how bad Cainsson born into slavery had it.

"Well to find a sailor you should definitely check out Aiolos' Harbor. Plenty of sailors there. I bet there'll be at least one of them crazy enough to join. As for the necromancer - I've heard of him. Apparently he talks to the moon. A loner, wears ragged clothes... I can ask some contacts for more information.", he replied, smirking softly as the whisp mentioned not wanting to be treated as a raw egg.
"I'm sorry to ask but - doesn't everybody kinda do that because you're rather small? I don't mean to offend you!"

"yeah, I know you mean", Marceline mumbled sorrowfully, watching the flames while she was thinking about Caine and Kate. She had a good feeling about the two; she just hoped she was right about it. Mistakes were nothing they could afford on a mission like this, and those two deserved to be happy for once...

When Killian suggested them going to Ajolos Harbor, Marceline smirked softly, linking her arm with his beofre she gently nudged his shoulder.
"Not you, Kill- we. we are a team now, remember? If you want we could make a detour to those contacts you just nentiined, to get some Infos on the necromancer before we go to Siam'han and meet up with the others."

At his question about everyone treating her like a raw egg, she grinned softly and shrugged. "Most people do, until I start fire bending. Even for a whisp I'm really short, and I was kind of a loner when I was little because the other kids would tease me for it. So I practised my fire bending ability until I was the best fire bender between Marmoria and D'khrain."
She smirked proudly. "I compensate what I'm missing in height with a plus in strength. I've stopped minding being short long ago."

Smiling softly, she leaned against Killian's arm, not even reaching up to his shoulder right now. "So don't worry- I'm cool."

"Kill?", Killian repeated, chuckling softly at the weird nickname Marceline had just called him - though he should've seen it coming. After all he had a great name for great nicknames.

"I'm not sure if it's a good idea to bring you to those contacts I mentioned. Frost giants, carnivores.", he explained, thinking. "I'll just read their thoughts, that should be okay.", he mumbled, nodding at himself while he whispered some words, smirking as he looked back at the whisp after a while.
"Good thing you flew into my cave and not in theirs - which is the one next door.", the man winked, smiling softly. "My frostish isn't what it used to be, but I did manage to find the stown-away thoughts about the necromancer. His name is Enoch Twix. Or Twigg. Or something similar, like I said - I'm kinda rusty. He's a young man, no family and is labeled as insane by other species because he seems to care more about the moon than his own appearance and hygiene. That's about everything I could find."

Killian raised an eyebrow at the woman, confused as she mentioned fire bending. Honestly he had thought that if she were to have any powers besides the usual whisp-stuff, it'd be something air- or water-related.
Anything, but never had he thought of her being a fire-bender.
"Alright, fire-bending is awesome. I have never seen someone do it, but I've heard many stories!", he nodded, flinching as Marceline attempted to lean against his shoulder - which was more leaning against his arm and side because of her size. Or maybe it was his size.
"I never thought you weren't cool.", he replied, winking. "I'm glad you stopped caring about your height. It's not a flaw, and if - people should accept their flaws because it's what makes them special."

Marceline watched in fascination while Killian was reading the mind of the frost giant next door.
Abilities like mind reading had always fascinatedly her, and now she was here, and had the chance to see it first hand.
She wondered how it worked- was it like hacking into someone's mind?
Or like someone just talking? Basically saying them?
It was it literally reading, like letters appearing in the air?

"What was it you whispered there?", She asked curiously, tilting her head to the side like a kitten.

When Killian seemed surprised by her telling him that she could control fire, she grinned proudly, got up and made several steps back, just to run towards the entrance, jump into a multiple Salto with fire surrounding her and shooting out of the cave as she straightened mid-air.
Landing on her feet again, she crossed her arms and turned back around to Killian, grinning and wiggling her eyebrows.
"Tadaaa!"

As she sat down beside Killian again, winking at him, she raised one eyebrow, suddenly looking very serious.
"Killian, if there will ever be a problem with one of the others or so, please tell me, alright? I don't want you to feel unwelcome or so."

"Oh I was basically just talking to myself.", Killian admitted, chuckling. "Just telling myself to focus on the reading and forget my surroundings and own thoughts. I get distracted easily and re-connecting to someone's mind after having abruptly shut the connection down takes a lot of energy and I'd prefer not to do that.", he explained, smiling softly. "You seemed to watch me like a curious kitten. Never seen someone mind-reading before?"

As the whisp suddenly got up, a confused frown appeared on Killian's face - gasping as Marceline performed some amazing fire-bending-salto-trick-thing.
"That was fucking awesome!", he replied, grinning excitedly for a moment before the woman got all serious all of a sudden.
"Hey, don't worry. I'm a big kid - I can handle others not liking me.", he replied, winking. "Really. It's sweet of you to care, but I'll be fine."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back