• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nova

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"twins, really?", Marceline asked surprised, her shining eyes more or less scanning Killian from head to toe.
Then she watched Caine closely and lastly nodded, smiling softly.
"Now that you say it you two really look quite alike. Your eyes are lighter than Caine's and your hair is a bit darker-"
"That's because I'm partly albino", Caine explained from behind the stove, Marceline acknowledging it with a nod.

Turning a bit more serious, however still with a happy, sorry smile on her face, she smirked at killian.
"I'm glad you're still here, despite everything that has happened since you've joined us."

Grinning softly, she made her way to the entrance door.
"So, I'm gonna go outside and pick some flowers for the breakfast table. You wanna help me?"

Killian was smiling softly at Caine as he and Marceline talked about them being twins, his eyes starting to sparkle softly as the whisp mentioned being glad that he was still here.
"Yeah, I couldn't just leave you here with all these freaks.", he replied, winking at his brother before he followed Marceline outside to pick some flowers.
And honestly he didn't even really know why, he could care less about having flowers on the table or not - but follow Marceline, probably anywhere.
"So - you look great like that."

Marceline grinned softly at Killian's compliment about her outfit and spread her arms for a moment, looking down at herself.
"Thank you. You know, when I was sixteen I left D'krain to live with a very special circus. Le Cirque Des Reves. Everything was black and white, even the grass and sky, and the artists too. And everyone wore a speck of scarlet red. I used to dance on the high wire."

Smirking softly, she lifted her shoulders and picked a beautiful, shining yellow flowers, looking as if it was made of fire. In the twilight of the slowly rising sun, it spread a soft, golden glow over her.
"I trailed off, didn't I?", She chuckled. "Hey, you know what? They'll try to recruit a sailor today, but we both can teleport. So we can make short trips and still be back in time. If you want we could go and see something you always wanted to see our so. Just an idea."

Killian just listened to Marceline with a soft smile, sitting down on the grass and just plucking some grass halms to break them into half.
She had such a soft voice that he could listen to for ages and not get bored.
She just really was amazing -
and maybe he should stop staring at her all the time as if he were about to drool.

"You want to go somewhere with me?", Killian asked, his eyes lighting up as a happy smile appeared on his face, thinking for a moment where he'd like to go with her.
"I got an idea. And I bet you'll love it."

Marceline's wings fluttered excitedly as Killian said that he had an idea where to go, the light of the flowers making them sparkle like diamonds and reflect colorful spots of light everywhere.
Even her hair seemed to glitter slightly, just like her excitedly sparkling eyes.

"Okay, tell me!", Marceline said with an excited smile, kneeling down in front of Killian.
She loved to see him like this- happy and smiling, not lonely and scared of himself like he had been when she had crashed into his cave.
She really wished him the best future, full of light and laughter instead of darkness and guilt. And she'd do her very best to help him achieve that future.

After Caine had finished his pancakes and set everything else on the table, he went to look after Kate. His gut feeling was telling him that she wasn't feeling alright; he had to help her!

"Katie-?", he mumbled softly as he arrived upstairs, gently wrapped his arms around her waist from behind and planted a small kiss on her temple.
He could feel that Kate was feeling everything but alright, and this time, he knew he wasn't this on alert about her feelings because he saw her as the alpha- but because he saw her as the light of his life.

"You look like you really need a hug from someone who loves you", he mumbled to her ear and softly kissed her shoulder.
"If you want to talk about it- I'm always here for you, okay Sunshine?"

Last edited:
Killian let out a strange sounding noise, clearing his throat as he noticed that she had heard that too - just smiling at her pretending as if he hadn't just made a sound like it came from an air horn.
"I don't want to spoil the surprise, but the place is as beautiful as you.", he replied, awkwardly sinking his gaze to the floor, just staring at some flowers before he plucked some more.

"It's a place where I sometimes go when I need some peace and quiet. You'll love it, it's really beautiful and magical.", he explained, smiling softly.
"There's flowers that sparkle and glitter, and sometimes unicorns visit the meadow to drink at the lake and there once was a mare with a foal and it's- it's just really magical."

A soft smile appeared on Catherine's face as Caine wrapped his arms from behind around her waist, feeling as if fireworks were exploding in her tummy as he kissed her.
Even though she wasn't feeling extremely well, he made her light up and smile the moment he walked into the room.

"I'm just mad. Mad and confused.", Kate mumbled, sighing silently.
"I mean... I know I'm only human and nothing compared to all of you with your special abilities... but that's not a reason to hate me and treat me that degradingly, is it? I've been a victim to sexism and misogyny all my life, and just - it angers me! I'm not- urgh!"
The woman turned around so she could bury her face into Caine's chest, wrapping her arms around him to pull herself closer.

"I just want to help. But how am I supposed to help if nobody wants to accept my help?", she asked, shaking her head. "That Kieron hated me the moment I walked in the room. And I actually don't care who likes and who doesn't like me, but how am I supposed to keep the group together and help everyone when they hate me? And Alma just left and - I can't do this without her! Everyone listens to her, not some tiny little human."

"oh I love unicorns and pegasi", Marceline said excitedly, chuckling softly when she realized how nervous Killian seemed to be after he had called her beautiful.
What was up with him right now?
He didn't really think that she cared about may of those prejudices everyone had about their different species, did he?
After all he was the best example that Dark Ones were no brutal monsters, and she was the best example that wisps were no fragile, sweet little fairies.
Sure, their species barely ever met, and they were quite oppisites- minding that wisps were the embodiment of light and life and dark ones were darkness and death in both, but that didn't mean that they had to avoid each other, right?

Smiling softly, she crawled a bit closer to him to gently lift his chin up and looked into his eyes, hers sparkling as always.
"You don't need to feel awkward, you know? I mean, who wouldn't be happy to be told they're considered beautiful? I'm happy you think so. And, if it help you anything, I think you're pretty handsome, too."

"Sunshine everyone here loves you. I know I do for sure, and Marceline likes you too. And my brother said he liked you, too- quoting, your "spicy side", Caine mumbled a bit sorrowfully while he softly stroked over Kate's back to comfort her.

"The thing about Kieron is..."
He sighed silently, a sad expression appearing on his face for just a second.

"Kieron is, as you know, half Aeterna. His mother broke the holy chestity vow all Aeterna give. His father... Was a human."
Caine slightly shook his head.
"They used the portholes in the wall between their world to meet, but it all blew up when his mother got pregnant with him.
She was disgraced, but no one would dare to hurt an Aeterna.
However, she was hell-bent on restoring her grace, and so his mother left to fight the darkness on her own. She was never seen again.
And when her sisters wanted to bring Kieron to his father, the man turned away and betrayed his own son. Not knowing what to do, the Aeterna brought him into a human orphanage, where he would live until they'd find a couple willing to adopt him here in Nova."

Cairn slightly shook his head, running his hand through his hair.
"I don't know what happened to him there, but when he was brought back to Nova, the bright little boy was gone. He had grown cold and bitter, and had developed a deep hate towards humans; he never had the chance to see the good in your people. He only learned that they were unfair, judging, and the worst to the weakest. He never recovered from that."
Frowning sadly, he closed his eyes for a moment. "I worked for his adoptive parents for a couple of years. Sometimes I could almost see the real him coming through, when he sneaked out at night to bring me and the other slaves some food he had stolen from the kitchen for us, but he constantly fell back into the darkness. Seems like it finally got the best of him, after all these years...."

He gently kissed Kate's forehead and softly stories over her cheek.
"I'm not trying to justify what he's doing, Sunshine. I'm just trying to explain that's it has nothing to do with you or your qualities as a leader hwo he's acting. And hey, I'm still here, too. I will hel you wherever I can, oaky sunshine?"

Killian smirked softly at Marceline, shaking his head at her comment.
"I'm not being awkward because I said you were pretty. That's just the truth, no denying that.", he replied, sinking his gaze to the floor once more, smiling, as she called him handsome.
"-thanks."

He was acting extremely strange, and even he himself didn't know why.
Was it because he just wasn't feeling well?
Or was he just scared she could change her opinion about him at any given moment and wouldn't want to spend time with him anymore?
Or maybe, just maybe, it was the thought of what Kieron had said. Of her liking him - too.
Maybe that scared him?
Maybe the thought of him liking her scared him?

He wasn't sure, but he knew that he needed to pull himself together or she'd notice something was off and who knew what would happen then?

Catherine listened to Caine telling Kieron's story with big eyes, grabbing her own arm and digging her fingernails into her skin, shaking her head.
"I've lost my family too. My own mother didn't care for her children either and just left us. I too grew up in an orphanage - without any family adopting me.", she replied, sighing.

"I know what Kieron must've felt like. And I know I'm a psychiatrist and should be nice to everyone and like everyone and whatever but - just, no. No matter what happened to him, it doesn't excuse or justify his behavior towards me! The way people treat others after having been through hard times says a lot about them. And honestly, Kieron's cold and disrespectful way of talking to me doesn't make him seem like a nice person you'd want to be friends with."

Kate sighed, shaking her head once more and walking out of Caine's hug, towards the bed, just sitting down on it.
"I know I seem like a total bitch right now, don't I?", she asked, smiling faintly at the Cainsson before she just stared down onto her arm, taking in every detail of her wrist tattoo.
"I'm sorry I'm just venting here and annoying you... honestly I'm annoying myself. Jesus I don't even know what I'm saying here! I can't even think straight right now... of course his past justifies his behavior, but I just- I just... I really don't know. How did Alma think I was able to pull this off? By myself?"

Marceline slightly tilted her head to the side as she sat down cross-legged beside Killian, watching him with her typical wake and curious gaze, that somewhere, hidden behind the joyful sparkling, held a wisdom and awareness that went far beyond her young age of just 21.

Her tender glance seemed to pass all barriers and look right into his soul, while hers were just the same- doors wide open allowing a view at a soul so pure and innocent it seemed like it had descended right from heaven, every feeling that played in them so clear to see it could as well be written on her forehead in big, red letters.

"You are scared."
Her gentle soprano voice said the words so matter of fact any attempt to deny it would fail from the first second.
"You don't have to be, you know?"
And the peaceful, soft sparkling in her eyes left no doubt.
"But do you want to talk about what's scaring you?"

"Well first of all you aren't alone in this", Caine mumbled, trying to somehow comfort Kate and stay diplomatic between her and Kieron; mainly because he knew that there was more inside that boy than just a cold, hateful ass. There was a good person somewhere inside him, but he was afraid that that person would sooner or later choke and for from his own hate, leaving nothing but hurt and hatred.

"Katie. I'm here too. Look, you tell them what's gonna happen, and I'm gonna make sure they will behave."

Smiling lovingly, he sat down beside her, gently stroked some hair off her shoulder and kissed her neck, lastly just running his nose tip over her shoulder.
"And Alma saw just what I see: passion, courage, love. You don't see it yet, but you are capable of far more than you think; I mean, just look at me. Just look what you did in just one day! I don't believe in much; but I believe in you, and you can bet I will always be there for you to help you, I promise."

He softly turned her face in his direction, one finger under her chin, and kissed her lovingly, stroking over her cheek.
"Hey, we will do this together. I mean, I for sure won't let the woman I love down, alright?"

Killian looked up from the flowers with big eyes, just staring at the whisp for a moment before he started thinking about what to reply.
Yes, he was scared, but he couldn't just tell her why!
Maybe he could read her thoughts to see what she thought of him...?
No. He couldn't do that. And he wouldn't.

"Eh well-"
He couldn't possibly say that he was afraid she'd want to stop being friends or whatever if she'd find out that he kinda liked her.
Was it a crush?
"I'm just thinking about me. Going dark again. I don't want to hurt any of you. That's it."

Catherine smiled softly at Caine, her eyes sparkling lovingly as she kissed his cheek, just resting her head on his shoulder.
He was such a great man.
He had been tortured, beat and hurt, had lost all faith in himself and yet here he was, loving her, telling her everything would be alright, all in all being an amazing person.

Never had she thought she would be able to change someone that much. To make them believe in themselves again, to make them see the light after they had thought their tunnel to be gone.
But she had somehow done it.
And seeing that man smile was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

"Thank you, sweetie.", Katy replied, grabbing his hand and intertwining their fingers, chuckling as her entire hand seemed to once again disappear in his.
"That means a lot to me. Really."
The woman let out a content sigh, cuddling her head against the Cainsson with a happy smile.
"You're amazing, you know that right?"

Marceline frowned sadly at Killian's answer, her eyes full of sorrow as she looked up into his, softly, thoughtfully, running her fingers through the soft grass while she was trying to figure a way how to make him believe in his own strength.

"Killian...you won't go dark again", she whispered softly while she was stroking over his arm with one finger.
"I know you won't! Look, when yo turned dark you immediately turned normal again, as soon as your darkness made you think about hurting me, right?"

She went up on to her knees so she could reach Killian's shoulders, and softly wrapped one arm around them, holding his arm with her other hand in a side hug.
"You won't hurt anyone. As long as I'm standing between your darkness and yourself, nothing will happen; for I know you would never hurt me."

Caine smiled lovingly, his eyes sparkling as he just looked out of the window while Kate was cuddling against him. Never in his entire life he would have expected something like this to happen to him, but here he was, a free man, with this amazing woman loving him.

He laughed softly as he saw that her small hands were only about half as big as his, his touch careful in worry he could break her.
"Fragile little human...", He whispered with a soft smile. And all of a sudden, he realized that it didn't matter whether Kate would want to stay in Nova it go back to her world after this was done.
He would follow her, no matter where she'd go.
"Are you feeling a bit better?", He mumbled after a while, his deep green eyes seeking her blue ones with a lov8ng sparkling in them.
"You are a wonder", he whispered softly. "My wonder... My home..."

Killian flinched as Marceline stroke over his arm, a sad frown on his face as he let out a sigh.
"That was one time. What if next time I won't be able to turn back? What if it's too late and I hurt you?", he mumbled, gazing down at his hands before he looked back up at Marceline, a faint smile on his face.
"How can you be so sure of me never hurting you? I ki- I killed my best friend and my family. What if I hurt you too?"

Killian sighed.
Now had he slightly forgotten about that little issue with his dark gene, but it had to come back again - and that just because he was too much of a coward to admit what he was really scared of.

"I mean... you're strong for a whisp, but still fragile enough for me to just... break you into two. And I'm scared it'll happen, and you'll notice too late or I do or you're asleep and I would hurt you and others then. Though I'm mostly concerned about hurting you."

Catherine nodded slowly as Caine asked her if she was doing better already.
"How could I be able to stay down for longer than five minutes when there's you to cheer me up?", she replied, looking up at the Cainsson with big eyes.
As he called her a wonder, and then his home, she felt as if she could tear up. Which she was probably doing.

Only a day ago, that man there hadn't believed there to be a home for him.
He had thought he would never be free and live a happy life.
Only one day ago he had been so incredibly broken, and now here he was, fixing her and seeming as if nothing terrible had ever happened to him.
Yes, he was incredibly special, and she would tell him every day.

"My home. My love.", she whispered back to him, gently poking his nosetip with hers before she gave him a quick peck on his lips, tightly wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him into a tight hug.
"... you smell really good."

Marceline watched Killian sorrowfully, her thoughts racing.
There had to be a way to show him that he wouldn't hurt her...
Slowly, a soft grin spread on her face.

There was a good big portion of self-doubt and fear she was picking up from him, but somewhere below it was something bright and warm, something that made him happy and nervous at the same time.

She let go of his arm to kneel down in front of him, not a hint of nervousness in her diamond eyes when she took Killian's big hand with her ridiculously small one, almost only half as big as his, and lastly held his hand against her gracile neck, looking at him totally calmly while she let her ability dissolve the pain of his past.
"What do you feel? Is there even a tiny fiber in your body that wants to snap my neck right now? No. Killian; try to listen to your heart instead of your head. Your head is screaming in fear you might lose it right now, right? But what is your heart telling you? Something way different, isn't it? "

Smiling lovingly, Caine just let himself fall back into the bed, his arms still lightly wrapped around Kate as if never wanted to let her go.

His eyes were sparkling brightly as he looked up at her.
"God you are...amazing...", He whispered softly, kissing her hand.
She wasn't only beautiful and incredibly intelligent and brave; she was just... She was all he needed in his life.

"I love you...", He whispered, his voice choked from the lump in his throat just a moment before his eyes teared up and a single man tear ran down his cheek.
Yeah, he was a fighter.
A perfect weapon in the face of danger.
An unbeatable warrior, prepared for everything all seconds of the day...
... But nothing, absolutely nothing, could have prepared him for this.

"

Last edited:
Killian froze as Marceline grabbed his hand and put it around her neck, his eyes widening in horror.
There really was no fiber in his body that told him he should snap her neck. Not even the darkest part of him would want to hurt her.
But what if he'd turn dark and he would hurt her? What if he would kill her?
He didn't want to hurt anyone anymore, let alone go through the process of losing someone important again.

The man quickly pulled his hand away, breathing sharply for a moment before he looked back at the whisp.
"I would never want to hurt you. But I can't trust myself.", he mumbled, his face gaining a sad and defeated expression, as if he was telling himself that he would never achieve his dream.
"If I listen to what my heart is telling me I'll- I'll bring you in danger and I don't want to-"
His voice was silent, slightly shaking.
"I just don't want to lose you.", he whispered rapidly, quickly looking away from her while his face gained a red blush.

Catherine had gently thrown herself half onto Caine's body as he had let himself fall down onto the bed, cuddling her head against his chest with a content smile on her face.
His chest was firm, yet so soft at the same time - making the perfect pillow.

Her eyes widened as she heard the Cainsson say that he loved her, sounding as if he was on the verge of crying.
Kate lifted her head, smiling softly as she wiped the small tear off his face before she kissed him passionately, running her fingers through his hair at the same time.

"I love you too.", Katie whispered, her eyes sparkling lovingly - glittering from the tiny tears in the corner of her eyes.
"All of you. All your quirks and flaws, your good and bad sides - everything is perfect to me."
The woman smiled lovingly, putting a quick peck on Caine's lips before she whispered into his ear,
"You're perfect to me, my love."

Marceline let out a sharp sigh, watching Killian with a thoughtful frown on her face. How was she supposed to make him believe in his own strength if he was so much against himself?how was she supposed to hel him?
If she could just look into his head and move a lever that would shut his negative thoughts out, but she had no ability like that...
Excepting maybe...

"look into my eyes Killian", she said softly, seeking his gaze.
"I am a 5 feet small spirit with wings that could break at every too firm touch and nothing to defend myself with excepting flames. But do I look scared of you? No, I don't. Killian; guilt is a poison that kills you from the inside until there's nothing left but bitterness. This is your chance to let go of the past and finally build a future, and 8 want to help you, but how am I supposed to do that when you keep running? If you can't trust yourself, okay... Just try to trust me."

Caine turned his head to look at Kate, a soft, loving sparkling in his eyes as he rolled over onto his side, pulled Kate closer by her hip and kissed her deeply, his careful hug turning a bit tighter as he cuddled against her.

"You are everything", he whispered to her ear before he gently ran his nose over her shoulder to take in her wonderful scent.
Good she was just perfect; and she loved him too.
How long had it been since he had felt like he needed someone? He had been nothing but a tiny puppy the last time.

The moment she had saved him, his entire world had changed, and even though he'd still need a lot of time to process this all, he knew that everything would be fine as long as he could be with Katie.
"Katie, i was thinking if you want, maybe you could show me your world sometime? I'm really curious about it, y'know?"

Guilt is a poison that kills you from the inside until there's nothing left but bitterness.

That one sentence echoed in Killian's mind, leaving hardly any room to think of anything else besides that.
Was he himself his own poison? Was he his own death?
What if he'd continue on this road of isolation, loneliness and pain? Drowning in his own guilt?
Surely nothing good would ever come off it.

What if he'd change his ways? Or at least would try to change his ways?
Maybe he would once be able to defeat his inner demons and stop dwelling on the past. Maybe he would laugh. Maybe he would be happy. Happy and without any worries whatsoever.
Maybe Marceline could help him achieve his dreams.
Maybe she was his dream?

Just try to trust me.

Could he?
The last time he had trusted somebody, people died.
Could he really take that risk?

"I trust you, Marceline.", the man replied in a rough voice, looking up into the whisp's eyes with a burning determination in his own.
"I trust you."

Catherine let out a strange sounding 'oh' as Caine suddenly pulled her closer by her hip into a deep kiss, softly biting her lip as she looked deep into his sparkling green eyes.
"Okay, that was hot. But then again, you are too.", she whispered silently, actually more to herself than to him, letting out a soft giggle.

Her giggle however abruptly stopped as the Cainsson asked her if she would want to show him the Earth sometime.
"Eh well, sure - but really, it's nothing compared to Nova. Nova is beautiful, has a clear blue sky and magical beings and then there's Earth - a place where children drink water filled with bacteria and plastic, all because others are too lazy to put their trash in the trash can and throw it in the oceans and seas and lakes instead."

She shook her head, gently running her fingers through Caine's hair while she cuddled against him a tad tighter.
"Nova is quite mild in comparison to what happens on Earth.", she mumbled, a hint of sadness and fear in her voice.
"People of color are harassed and discriminated. Instead of helping those in need, we make fun of them or make their situation worse. There are kids killing themselves because of bullying or because of bad grades at school - and they'd rather be dead than disappoint their parents. Young children say 'they are used to it' when being hurt or discriminated against. And that's just the beginning. Children are used to fight wars. They blow themselves up to kill others. You're not safe anywhere because there could just be someone carrying a gun and start shooting. There are shootings every single day in America. Not even children at school are safe for lunatics who can get their hands on guns. We fight wars over religion and oil and what more. Women are sexually abused and raped and still we blame the victims while the abusers go free. That's all just the tip of the iceberg. Earth is a shitty place..."

Katy sighed silently as she looked back up at Caine, a frown on her face.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to ruin your curiosity or your image of my planet... you're not mad, are you?"

Marceline's eyes soaked even brighter than they usually already did when Killian said that he trusted her.
That meant that he'd try, right?
That he'd try to find a way back into a healthy and happy life.

She didn't even know why she cared so much, didn't know why she felt the need to make sure he was happy.
Why did she care like this about someone she had just met yesterday?
Oh well, it didn't really matter, did it?

"I'm happy you want to trust me", she mumbled softly, gently stroking over Killian's shoulder for a moment before she picked up the flowers she had gathered and got up, smiling down at the dark one.
"Come on now, we don't wanna Miss breakfast, do we?"

She already went back into the kitchen to get a vase for the flowers, just to notice that Kieron had disappeared without a trace. Frowning, she asked for the boy in the other rooms, but he was nowhere to be found. Lastly, she decided to tell Kate about it, minding that she was the one in command now.

"Kate...?", She asked silently while opening the door... And closing it again instantly when she saw Caine and Kate in bed. Oh god hopefully she hadn't interrupted anything there...
"Eh, I just- breakfast is ready... And eh, Kieron has just disappeared? I can't find him."

"You couldn't ruin anything for me, not after calling me hot", Caine mumbled with a smug smirk, but let out a silent scoff at Marceline's sudden appearance.
"Not one minute of privacy", he mumbled with a wistful, bedroom-eyed glance out of a pair of forest green eyes sparking with a mixture of amusement and wildness.

He gave Kate another deep, passionate kiss before he got up, pulling her up with him, and gently straightened her hair a bit.
"Duty calls", he mumbled, his voice slightly husky, before he leered at Kate, his eyes sparkling full of silent, evil amusement.
"To be continued."
He winked, raising one eyebrow playfully before he straightened his own hair as well. "Let's go?"

Killian followed Marceline inside, sitting down on a chair at the table as the whisp walked off.
He watched her leave the room with a soft sparkling in his eyes - looking down at his hands after she was gone.

She had just put his hand around her neck, trusting him that he wouldn't hurt her.
How could she trust him that much? After not even knowing each other for a day?

Then again, he was probably feeling things for her that nobody felt after a day either - right?
He wasn't even sure what he was feeling.
Whenever she'd walk into a room his stomach turned upside down and he felt all warm and giggly -
and scared as hell.

Catherine smiled softly at Caine, nodding as he asked her if they'd go now.
She was hungry as hell, but she had to find Kieron first - even if she couldn't stand him.

"Do you somehow smell him?", she asked Caine as she walked into the hallway, smiling softly at Marceline.
"Have you looked everywhere already? Called him?"

Marceline nodded at Kate's question if she had looked everywhere for him, lifting her shoulders.
"I can feel sadness flooding this place like waves, but the source is too far away to tell exactly enough where it's coming from. I have no idea where he's hiding", she sighed sorrowfully.

Yes, Kieron was cold and distant and she barely knew him, but she just was that kind of person who worried even for people she didn't like.
"I'll go and seek the basement with Killian", she suggested.

Caine nodded at that. He just couldn't forget that the young man who was so cold to Kate now had been the sweet kid who had stayed up all night with him and taught him how to play the piano when his parents were gone. The kid who had brought him food and water when he had been close to starving.

At Kate's question, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath, trying to make out Kieron's scent.
''hes definitely still in this house, but I lose his scent at the living room window...", He mumbled. "I'll go seek the first floor. Kate, would you take this floor? There's also an attic between the ceiling of this apartment and the floor of the apartment above us. It's unlikely, but who knows."

While Marceline had left downstairs and 8to the basement already, Caine gave Kate a small kiss on her cheek before he went downstairs as well, to seek the first floor.

Catherine watched Marceline and Caine go downstairs with a neutral, yet slightly annoyed expression.
What a great idea to split up and make the human go look for the human-hater on her own, giving him the perfect opportunity to somehow hurt or even kill her!
Maybe she was too used to socio- and psychopaths that she thought like that, but it was quite stupid in her opinion to let the weakest one run around on her own while the one they're seeking hates them.

Kate let out a sigh before she grabbed her courage and started searching for the boy.
"Kieron?", she called, walking down the hallway and calling out his name over and over again.
Yet, as she had already expected - no answer.
He probably didn't really want to be found, so of course he wouldn't reply to her looking for him.

After a while of searching all over the place and not finding him, she decided to take a look at the attic between the ceiling of this apartment and the basement floor of the apartment above them, just like Caine had told her.
She followed the stairs until she reached the top and found herself standing in front of a wooden door.
Was this the attic?
She just decided it was and opened the door, slowly making her way in.

Even though they were currently using an abandoned and old apartment as residence, everything had still been quite clean to her surprise - but the attic looked absolutely horrible, as if it had been centuries that a person had last been inside.
Everything was covered in dust and spiderwebs, making shivers roll down the woman's spine.

"Kieron, you here?"

A hoarse, sad voice, barely audible even in the silence of the attic, whispered through the darkness.
"What?", Kieron mumbled, his voice kind of choked and pressed through gritted teeth.
An owl rested on his shoulder, its eyes shining through the darkness while his wet cheeks were shimmering in the dining light shining through a single window.

Turning back towards the window, Kieron leaned his head against the wall again, closing his eyes as another tear escaped his soft hazel eyes.
"You shouldn't have come here...", He mumbled absently, his gaze focused on an old Polaroid of a beautiful, black-haired woman who looked disturbingly familiar....

However, unlike before, his voice wasn't cold and hateful right now, but tired, so tired and hurt.
"Don't you have a breakfast to go to or something? I'm coming clear. Always have, always will..."

Who was he even lying to?
His entire life had been a countdown of painful moments and he knew that wouldn't change. How should it?
Sure, he had earned the people's respect, but karma and fate were hateful bitches, and nothing would ever change something about the fact that he shouldn't exist.
If he had never been born, his mother would still be there, alive, and Nova would be safe.

"...Just leave me alone, okay?"

Kate stood still, not moving a single muscle, hardly breathing - just staring at the crying young man on the floor.
She knew better than to want to help people, even those who didn't want her help - but she was stubborn, and maybe stubbornness was what had made her come this far.

"Is that your mother?", she asked, slowly approaching Kieron, making sure to watch him react so she wouldn't do anything wrong and upset him even more.
"She's beautiful."
Katie sat down next to him, just smiling softly at the boy before she spoke up again.
"Are you sure you don't want to talk to anyone about what's bothering you? Sometimes it just feels good knowing someone is listening. And I'll listen to what you have to say... okay?"

[sorry for kinda short reply!]

"go, fly home...", Kieron whispered to the owl and it immediately took off and flew away through the window while the boy stuffed the Polaroid back into the pocket of his dark red linen jacket.
Why in heavens name was Kate sitting beside him and trying to get him to talk? Sure, Alma had asked her to help, but wasn't it still quite unusual?

"It's just..."
He sighed silently, resting his arms on his knees and his chin on his arms.
"If I had never been born... Everything would be still alright. My mother would still be alive, Nova wouldn't be in danger... All this wouldn't be necessary if I just wouldn't exist and it-"
He clenched his teeth, his one hand digging into his hair while he shut his eyes tightly.
"It's breaking me apart... Literally everyone would be better off if I had never been born, it's all my fault, and then my father-"

His eyes gained a hint of the old coldness, blazing hatefully and full of bitterness.
"I have lived in your world for a good thirteen years and all humans were the same- only caring about themselves, merciless monsters bringing the helpless down and destroying their own world more and more. And that's a part of me too! I'm half human; half... Monster. I'm just the most worthless creature to have ever existed, but I'm too cowardly to end it once and forever... I wish. I could just be gone..."

Last edited:
Catherine watched Kieron explain his situation with a sad expression on her face, sighing silently once he had finished.
"What if, hm?", she asked, looking at the boy with a soft, yet sad smile on her face.
"So many what ifs.", she mumbled, turning her head to look at a spiderweb on the ceiling.
"What if my mother hadn't left her husband and five children, would my sister still live? What if I hadn't let my family go on vacation without me, would they still be alive then? What if I hadn't chosen to become a psychiatrist but a teacher instead?"

Katie smiled faintly, looking down at Kieron again, an understanding sparkling in her eyes.
"It's hard to be positive when thinking everything is their own fault. It's terrifying to accept that you can't control everything, especially not other people's choices and opinions. Your mother chose to love your father. She chose to have you. She chose to leave and fight the darkness. I know it's hard, but you can't make the past undone. The only thing that would've stopped your mother from leaving to fight was if she hadn't ever fallen in love with your father. You can blame yourself for many things, Kieron, but in the end, the only thing you're doing drowning in your own misery and guilt."

Catherine slowly lifted her hand, putting it on Kieron's shoulder.
"You see, your father might have been an asshole who decided to abandon you. The people you got to know during your time on Earth might have been assholes too. But that does not mean that everyone is the same. Am I a monster?", she asked, raising an eyebrow at him.
"Am I?", she asked once again, shaking her head.
"If I were a monster, someone that only cared about themselves, someone that's merciless and brings other people down - then I wouldn't be trying to help you now, would I? And I sure as hell wouldn't have agreed to put my own life at stake to save a world I had never heard of before.
Like I said before, don't throw everyone in the same pot, even if you'd like to.
And remember - without any bad or evil, there would be no such thing as good."

"how am I supposed to know what you are? I don't know you", Kieron sighed depressively.
Just then, he realized that he had just basically judged his own first reaction to her and sighed silently.
"...I don't know you...", He mumbled, staring at the ground.

Looking back at Kate with a dead tired gaze, he slightly lifted his shoulders.
"Your mother left you...?", He mumbled silently, but trailed back to the old topic immediately.
"Katherine, my mother didn't just go to fight the darkness...", He whispered, focusing his soft hazel eyes on her, the brownish-green seeming almost teal because of the tears still lingering in them.

He slightly shook his head as another tear ran down his cheek.
"The darkness grew after she had tried to fight it. It had gained even more strength. I have sent a couple of birds in it's direction to check my suspicion and... My mother is not gone..."
He bit his lip, his voice trembking as he looked at Kate again.

"My mother is the darkness. And now I am here to defeat it... On a mission to kill my own mother."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back