• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Nova City: An Open-World Campaign

Jodyguru

Devil's Food
Hey everyone, this is an interest thread, so if you like what you see here, please PM me and we can get started.

Street.jpg

Nova City is a futuristic fantasy roleplay that mixes technology and magic in a dystopian punk setting. In a city divided between the extremely rich and poor, you may take on several roles that may effect the world in unique and lasting ways. The most profitable activities are those working in the underground, running operations for organized crime syndicates. There is also a vibrant night life in the red-light district that one may find work. Technology has progressed to a point where artificial intelligence lives among the people, and most working people have a personal computer assistant in their phone. Magic and tech do not get along very well, and most spellcasters balk at the notion of using computers.

Its a big city with lots going on, so the question becomes, what path will you take?

For the campaign, I may sometimes provide the player with some options, like a text-adventure game or choose-your-adventure novel. The choices you make will impact the flow of the adventure. I may also use text-drawn maps to illustrate a situation, since there are times when tactics will be necessary (gun battles, stealth, etc)

example conversation: Johnny asks if you're ready to go.
-Agree and go to the apartment
-Tell him you'll meet up later
-Refuse, politely or otherwise
-Ask about Money

Your choice may be exemplified through the role play, by highlighting a choice, or both. This isn't totally strict either. If none of the choices fancy you, you may come up with your own answer.

Im interested, im not used to sci-fi or futuristic settings, but im willing to take a stab.

That’s alright! Magic is also present in a lot of things so you can always shrug and go “it’s magic, ain’t gotta explain it”. Pm me and we’ll talk characters

I will when i'm off work and doing my 1-2 hours of activity.
Im going to be gone for the better part of 6 or 7 hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back