• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy nothing to lose

cucumbers

legend of #swag
  • APRIL 23, YEAR 889 (old world)

I write this on the Eve of Humanity.

I write this with the delirious hope that I am not the only one left in this accursed world now. That there might come someone after me, and pick this account off my decaying bones, which may know peace from our current horror.

I wish them to know that this all started from our hubris. Everything had been going so well since the Magi-Tech Revolution, when incredible leaps and bounds were made in every aspect of life due to breakthroughs in merging magic and mechanical innovations. We had succeeded so many times before, surely we can't be blamed for thinking we could push it just a little bit further.

There were still diseases that lay outside the realm of our current medicinal knowledge to cure. But we had theories. We believed- By the Goddess, we believed!- that we had the means to create a Resonance within a mortal soul. The Resonance, known only to have existed within the Goddess Herself, her Angels, and her few True Messiahs. It is a power of the Goddess. To be given, not made by unworthy hands. But we were impatient. We were not hearing answers to our prayers. Temperance was growing thin with our faith, when so many immediate solutions came from Magi-Tech.

By the Goddess, how our hubris grew.

At first, it seemed like we had succeeded.

We managed to create a Resonance within a living vessel. All traces of their illnesses were wiped away, completely naturally, as the magic that was active within their very living cells moved at the soul's command.

But we did not even have time to celebrate before it all went wrong.

The Resonance completely overwhelmed the host and... changed it, for lack of a better word. It was still alive, but not in the way we are. The magic had completely taken it over and made it something not of this world. It was an anathema to life. And that anathema spread. The Resonance first targeted powerful and obvious sources of magic. All the greatest mages fell quickly, those who we revered as near-immortals, turning them into monsters. Then it spread to almost anyone with any trace of magic potential. Some turned quick, but others' transformations were excruciatingly slow.

No Magi-Tech could save us. It was utterly futile. We tried and tried, each ray of hope ending in opaque despair, as the effects of the Resonance spread across the entire world at a horrifying, unbelievable rate. This was all within the span of a few months.

And now it's all over. We have failed for the last time.

And we can't even ask the Goddess for mercy. For we have betrayed Her.

Perhaps She has abandoned us. Perhaps she is the One punishing us.

Either way, what more do we deserve.

Father Esteban Telucia of Ayerwythe Common Temple

Last edited by a moderator:
Clairvoyance said:
I think I'd like to claim a spot. This sounds exactly like my kind of roleplay!

[QUOTE="Lady Ravenshade]I, too, would adore a part in this role play, sounds exciting!

[/QUOTE]
great!!!!!! we'll be happy to have ya'll

Users who are viewing this thread

Back