Not Your Average Summer Camp (RP)

Emily pushed away from the table and followed Andy and Grace to the table covered in food. She smiled. 'And I thought the food here would suck.' She thought with a light chuckle. She grabbed a few pieces of bacon, a hash brown and a few fruits. She was super hungry at the moment and would feel awful if she wasted any of this. She walked back to the table and sat on the edge of the bench. " You guys are in a band? Cool. " She smiled warmly in their direction. She took a small bite of the hash brown and chewed slowly as she tried to think of what else to say. When she finished chewing she glanced between Grace and Andy asking, " So how long have you two been dating? "

Grace took a bottle of ketchup that was in the middle of the table and squeezed it, letting the ketchup splatter onto her plate. "Yeah we are. We started the band a little bit ago and we do gigs here and there.. But mainly in the summer." Grace replied while dipping a fry into the ketchup. "I'm waiting until the day she gets the hell out of her parents house so we can actually tour and do gigs all year around... and not just the summer." Andy added. Andy took a bite of his chicken tender and after the silence he heard her ask how long they've been dating, he let out a slight laugh. Grace giggled and nudged Andy under the table. "I knew it wouldn't be long until someone asked if we we're together," Grace replied swiping crumbs off of her lap. "We're not dating. We're just really close friends. He's like a big brother to me!" she continued.

Gracie unpacked and got settled in her cabin, her darkness taking over her quarter of the room. Nobody else was there, but she smelled food in the air. Deciding she was hungry, Gracie walked over to the mess hall and saw a bunch of people sitting around. Most of them looked at her, but she shrugged it off, the sound of her leather boots pounding on the floor as she went to the line.

Emily shook her head blushing fiercely as she heard the response. " Oh! I'm so sorry. I just thought you and him.." She trailed off and shook her head for a second time, feeling completely foolish. Her eyes dropped to the table. When she looked up again she grinned sheepishly at the two. " What kind of music does your band play? " She asked after a few seconds of silence. Her eyes drifted between the two, her gaze holding on Andy for just a second longer. 'Why do I seem happy about them not being together?' Emily asked herself.

They both giggled, "No, it's okay. Honestly, we get it allll the time." Grace replied. It honestly didn't bother them when people asked if they were dating, how long they've been together, or telling them they 'make such a cute couple'. Usually, it'd only be awkward and weird between those who actually did like each other and just never did anything about it. Andy and Grace on the other hand were only friends and will only be that. "We're a hard rock, post harcore band. I'm the lead singer and Leda's the lead guitarist and back up vocals," Andy replied drifting his eyes at Emily. "We both write and we have a few songs where she's in the verse." he continued. Grace flashed a smiled and finished eating. A counselor was pushing a garbage can around to each table to dump their trash away. The garbage can reached them and they threw their plates into the can. Andy stood up and stretched then fixed his shirt.

Grace and Andy both made their way out of the mess hall before the rush of all the people started pushing through. They both stopped in front of the open double doors on the outside and waited for Emily.

Emily smiled, glad she found a couple of people she got along with and by the sounds of it their taste in music was good too. She finished the food that was on her plate as she listened. She stood from the table, tossed the plate in the garbage and followed the two to the door. " Would you two play for me sometime? " She asked with a slight smile. Emily pushed on the door gently, allowing a warm breeze to slip through the opening. She walked outside and scanned the camp. From where she stood she could see the volleyball courts, a trail leading into a forest and a small part of the lake. First day at camp, what to do first? 
( I have to be up at like 7 tomorrow so I'm off to bed. Night. ^.^ )

Andy raised his eyebrow and smiled, "Yeah of course. We'd love too." he replied. Grace glanced around to examine everything in sight. There's gotta be something fun to do. She thought to herself. Grace looked into the direction of Emily and Andy, a faint smirk grew upon her face. She knew Andy had something going for her, she knew him to well, and since Grace is a female herself, she can tell in girl's eyes, posture, and actions when they take a liking to someone. Grace ran her hand through her long pink hair and sighed. "We should go do something fuuuun," she said in a dragged like voice while throwing her hands in the air. There were so many possibilities to have fun, because there were so many things. Which also means, you don't always got to follow the rules right? Grace had many tricks up her sleeve. Being out past curfew, sneaking in/out, etc. is definitely on her mind for the summer of her stay at camp.

(it'd probably be best if you started off as already here since we already started the meeting and what not)

(Thought so. Thank you!)

Spencer was just leaving the Mess Hall. She had sat a table all to herself, not daring to even attempt at conversation with anyone. No one had tried to come and sit with her. She put off this "Go away, I hate everyone" vibe, but in reality she was just shy and sad. Everyone at the camp seemed t be making new friends, everyone but her. She sighed, shoving her hands into her jean pockets. "I really just want to go home..." She whispered to herself. Spencer continued walking along gravel paths until she found her way to the lake. Looking around, she saw no one was there. Not quite yet.

'Maybe a few minutes of privacy won't hurt...' She thought to herself as she walked along the shore-line.

Walter made his way around campus, taking time to stop and say a friendly "Hey" to the campers. He smiled as the sun beamed down on his freckled face. Walter really enjoyed being here. It was a way to escape rom his small, crowded apartment in the city. He never took vacations, as he really didn't have the money. Working at Starbucks part-time wasn't exactly ideal.

To Walter, every year at camp was special, but this year... He could tell something was going to be different.

( Sorry these are short.... I SUCK at first posts.... ;-; )

(No problem and its ok I do too unless I made the thread c: )

Grace wanted to do so many things now that Andy's here and she's met her roommates. She knew she was going to be there all summer long so why not make the best of it. Grace glanced over at Andy and Emily and trailed away from them, letting them talk and get to know each other. She maneuvered her way around all the kids at camp, trying to be unnoticed by counselors. They had classes to take every other day and Grace wanted to avoid them as much as she could. Grace finally made her way to the front of the woods where they have trails to walk and hike, usually they have nature walks and hikes with a big group of kids and a 2 counselors control it, but that's usually around the afternoon. So she knew she was in the clear from bumping into anyone. Grace continued to walk the trail, examining the forest. The sun peeking through the small amount of area between all the trees.

Last edited by a moderator:
Emily's mouth fell open as she watched Grace disappear into the woods. "Grace?" She called, but it was too late. Emily turned to look at Andy, suddenly at a loss for words. 'Should I ask him if he wants to do something fun?' She glanced around quickly before shaking her head. 'Maybe not. His definition of fun would most likely be much different from mine.' Emily thought about how her idea of fun was reading a book. She wasn't sure she wanted to be alone just yet though. Sticking her hands in her front pockets she rocked on her heels. " So.. what do you like to do for fun?" She asked. It wasn't much but one, she never claimed to be a master conversationalist and two, this way at least it might give her some ideas of what they could do.

Andy glared at Grace as she trailed away. His eyes met back over to Emily who he could see wasn't that comfortable. He raised his eyebrow at her asking what he did for fun, "I really just play the guitar, write music and poetry.." he replied looking at her. "Grace is weird.. She just like took off." he said breaking the silence with his deep voice and showing a faint smile. Andy felt out of place at the camp, everyone was so bubbly and all the same and he was just kind of... there, with his black ripped skinny jeans, combat boots, chains, and shirt with the sleeves cut off that hung down showing his sides, he was pretty out of place. He was used to that by now, everywhere he's went he's always had weird looks drawn to him. "We can... uh.. go to gym and hang out there? It's probably a lot cooler and we can just watch the kids play games." he suggested. He just wanted to get to know Emily, he didn't want to try and make moves on her or anything, he wanted to go somewhere, where they could just talk and have conversations.

Emily chuckled lightly and nodded her head, pleased that he seemed almost as uncomfortable as she did. " The gym sounds great. " She replied with a grin. She wasn't completely sure where the gym was located but she recalled walking by it on the way to the cabins. She turned in the general direction and started walking with Andy. " So, what do you think of the camp so far?" She asked, kicking a large stone with her toe. The stone tumbled across the ground before stopping in the grass. Emily turned her attention away from the stone and back to Andy as she awaited an answer.

Andy returned a slight smile and continued walking with Emily. "Ehh.." he mumbled out while looking at the scenery. "It's alright I guess... Not really something I'd do normally but whatever." he said looking back at Emily. After walking a short distance past the cabins, they became near the lake and counselor's cabins with the main cabins where the gym was located. "How about you?" he asked her. They reached the front of the gym, he swung the doors open and the cool breeze hit him, and it felt wonderful. He held the door open letting her walk in first. Andy walked in after her and let the doors shut behind him. The gym had a huge basketball court, laid with sleek wooden floors. There were bleachers on the first floor and stairs going around the whole area that lead to bleachers on the second. He decided to sit on the second floor away from all the noise from the basketballs hitting the ground and loud kids.

Emily giggled lightly. " Mr. Too-Cool-For-Camp?" She teased with a grin. She walked through the doors of the gym thanking Andy for holding the door open before following him up to the second set of bleachers. 'If the gym always feels this nice, I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time in here.' She watched a few kids who were doing free throw shots and sinking almost every shot, wondering which of them had to practice to be able to shoot like that and for whom it was natural. Her attention turned back to Andy as she sat down on the edge of the bleachers leaning her elbows back on the set behind. " It seems alright. The food is great. " She added with a smirk. " I hope they have bonfires every night. I love bonfires. " The golden glow of the flames were beautiful, but her favourite part was telling scary stories.

Andy let out a little chuckle and smiled, "So like, how did you know my teaching name?" he replied jokingly. He moved his hair out of his way and leaned back in the bleachers. "Yeah the food is really good." he nodded in agreement. Andy stretched out his legs and crossed them at the ankles and leaned back folding his arms. He turned his head towards Emily, "Oh yeah? Bonfires are super cool. Especially when its chilly out. It's always the best." he replied smiling. After a mniute, Andy forgot that Grace wasn't with him, Where the hell did she go? he though.

(haha okay theres 3 new girls and 2 new boys and we have a new male counselor, Walter, as of the moment Emily and Andy are in the gym, Grace is by herself on the trail in the woods. The newest girl member, Spencer, is at the lake and Walter, the counselor, is walking around)

Jack wandered around and eventually found himself in front of the lake. He blinked then grinned widely. It was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen. The waves crashing made a constant pulse that, although it was uneven, made music in his mind. Quietly, Jack sat by the water alone and rested his chin on his knees. He breathed in deeply memorizing the smell and the sounds. It was noisy yet quiet, busy but calm. He felt at peace. This was freedom. This was relaxation.

Spencer heard something behind her. She turned around to see a boy, also a camper, sitting by the lake. She turned again, and continued walking... But slightly slower than before. Deep inside, she craved interaction Not necessarily a strong relationship, but. Interaction. Unfortunately, she had built all these walls around herself, that didn't allow things like that. She sighed and took a seat on the waters edge, just close enough to stick her toes in. This was going to be a long summer.

Jack yawned and opened his eyes seeing a girl he hadn't noticed before. He felt he should say something but was afraid he'd say something stupid. Gosh don't be so antisocial. He scolded himself. "Hello." He called out to her. He half smiled and attempted to look confident although he was quite the opposite. He wondered if she'd just ignore him like most girls. He brought hand up and nervously scratched his head before wrapping it around himself. The way he was hugging himself made it look almost as if he were trying to hold something in. Although even he was sure what.

Spencer napped her head back to see the boy, calling her name. "Uhm... Hi?" She said nervously, standing up and making her way slowly toward him. She could feel her heart speeding up, as it always did when she got nervous. She went over things she could say in her head, but none of them made sense. You're such a freak..... She told herself, but she kept coming towards him. "Uh, hey..." She said as she stepped almost beside him.

Jack watched as she approached the looked up at her when she was next to him. The way she looked so tall from his position of sitting almost made him laugh. "So hows the weather up there?" He asked her. He blushed almost immediately. That sounded way better in his head. He had probably just given away the fact that he was a total dork. He laughed nervously, hoping she wouldn't take offense to that comment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back