Not Your Average Summer Camp (RP)

Lovely Bones

Grim Reaper of Media and Slayer of Stupid

You can sign up here:

http://www.rpnation.com/index.php?threads/not-your-average-summer-camp.13399/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Grace was in the passenger's seat of her mom's Jeep. Grace has a car and she could've drove herself to the camp but knowing her mother, 'I don't trust you to go by yourself and you say you're there but you're really not' Grace mocked inside her head. They were on the road to Forest Lake camp, with every tree she saw she began to be more and more upset. Grace did not want to be at this camp, at all. The upside about it is that her best friend will be along with her. Finally, they made it on a gravel and dirt road and passed the entrance sign that read Forest Lake Camp.

Andy was already heading for the camp in his car. He has his music blasting and approached the entrance. Texting Grace he said, Hey I just passed the sign and Im parking in the gravel area. Come find me. 

[QUOTE="Lovely Bones]

[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack stared out of the window from the back seat of the cab. He sighed heavily. The driver was asking continuous, prying questions and it was really starting to bother him. "Could we maybe just ride in silence?" Jack questioned quietly. I really do hope the people here are nice... He thought as he searched for the "Forest Lake Camp" sign. The raggedy cab rolled noisily along the trail for another 5 minutes before he spotted the sign. Jacks clear, blue eyes lit up excitedly. Just a little further. He smiled in anticipation. He had a good feeling about camp.

Cannon was silent the entire car ride, idly looking out the car window at the trees that blurred past them. He said nothing to his parents, but he had reassured them beforehand that he wasn't angry at them. He just needed time to think. Sure, it stung a little, that he needed to be sent to a summer camp to "cure" his prank playing personality. It really wasn't that bad, at least, not in his eyes. Sometimes they went a little far, but no one ever got hurt, and that was all that mattered. A beat-up, wooden sign whizzed past him, and he assumed that was the camp's. The car slowed, and he couldn't help but peek over the hood of the car with curiosity.

Emily sat in the passenger seat of her mother's car, drumming her fingers in anticipation. When they left the house Emily was feeling almost excited for camp but with each passing hour her nerves grew and her stomach twisted in knots. " We're getting close. " Her mother announced happily. Emily groaned in response and leaned her head against the window. 'Why me? Why camp?! This should be considered child cruelty!' Emily thought bitterly to herself, occasionally shooting glares in her mother's direction. Her mother stayed oblivious to her daughter's anger. Emily frowned. 'What could get me out of this?' She wondered to herself. Suddenly inspiration hit. " Oh no. I think I'm coming down with something. It might be serious! It could be cancer! We should go home right now. " She said in a rush of words. Her mother glanced in her direction with a scowl.

" You're not getting out of this. Your father and I really think this would be best for you. You need some memories that don't involve your bedroom and a laptop. " She said sternly.

Emily gasped and threw her hands up dramatically. " But Mom, think about the other kids! Are you really willing to risk their health and safety for memories?!" She exclaimed crossing her arms in front of her stubbornly. " I hate you. " She muttered grumpily. She didn't believe it herself, so she doubted her mother would but saying the words made the situation seem almost better.

Her mother chuckled and shook her head. " No you don't. Now stop being dramatic. " She laughed. Emily frowned in response and turned to gaze out the window again. The trees were beginning to thin, something that made Emily's pulse race. 'No! Not yet!' But despite her denial a small clearing opened up, a large sign hung over the entrance reading; Forest Lake Camp.

Emily groaned as her mother put the car in park. She scanned the camp from the safety of the car. 'Maybe if I don't get out she won't make me go.' Emily's mother walked around the car and opened Emily's door.

" Out. " She ordered. Emily sighed in defeat and slid out of the warm seat. The air smelt of flowers, pine and fresh water. Nature at it's finest. Emily gazed around. There were so many beautiful sights. Emily smiled. 'Maybe this won't be so bad' She thought to herself, picturing herself walking around with her camera taking pictures of the beauty nature held, something you couldn't get from the city.

( Sorry, it's kind of long. I know. :$ )

The cab pulled to a stop and Jack climbed out slowly. He grabbed his suitcase and began to open the hidden compartment that he used to hide the money from his dad. "$65.50." The driver called back to him. Jack reached into the pocket finding no money. His face turned pale. He approached the driver side window and said nervously.

"I... I don't have the money sir." Jack was furious on the inside. He knew his dad had stolen the money and he was outraged. He had saved up just enough and that was all he had. The driver looked up at Jack incredulously.

"What do you mean you don't have the money!" He yelled. Jack was a very sensitive person and the yelling made tears form in his eyes.

"Sir my dad, he-" He was cut off as the driver began to yell again. Jack was scared. He didn't know what to do.

( nooo long tis what im expecting @october_rain c: )

Grace's mom parked the car a little further up the road in front of the lake and head counselor's cabins. Grace let out a long sigh and threw her head back to rest on the head seat of the chair. "Look, Grace. I understand you don't want to be here. But I'm not letting you stay at the house alone all summer, you could've went with me but you just wouldn't." her mother said. Grace rolled her eyes and didn't say a word. "Yeah well don't expect any letters of how much I love it here." Grace replied after a long silence while opening the car door. As soon as she stepped out the smell of fresh pine, flowers, and the scent of the lake filled her nose. The wind blew her long red hair back, she grabbed her bags and closed the car door. Her mother stepped out of the jeep as well and walked over to the passenger's side opening her arms to hug Grace. Grace took a step back a little but went in to the hug anyway. "Bye..." Grace said softly. Her mom flashed a smile and made her way back into the Jeep.

Andy stepped out of his car and shut his door. He moved his hair out of his face to the other side and raised his eyebrows, observing his surroundings. Looking around he saw a girl with long red hair and knew it was Grace. He smiled and walked over towards her way and stood right behind her.

Grace swiftly turned around because she felt someone behind her. "ANDY!" she screamed and jumped on top of him and hugged him. "Im so glad you really came." she said smiling. Andy and Grace have been best friends for so long, ever since they started their band. People always think they're dating because they're always together and are so close. Don't get Grace wrong, she finds Andy very attractive, but so do A LOT of other girls. Although they did try to date but it was just too weird. They both knew they were better off friends.

(Lovely Bones, is Leda another character? Sorry.. I know I'm not the most attentive. ;P )

"Cannon, you are here for a reason," his mother began as they slowly rounded the corner.

"I know.. I know.." he replied automatically. He was always being told off in some way, shape or form, for his antics and behavior. He used to get angry at it, irritated at the constant repetition he endured, but near the end, he finally got around to just tuning it out. As much as he wanted to snap at his parents, and say he knew what they had to say, he grudgingly bit his tongue- arguing was pointless. Besides, he hid a smile, he could always play more tricks here. If the people here were anything like him, he knew camp would be interesting, and not in the way his parents would've liked. However, if they weren't.. a frown made its way to his face. Summer would suck indeed, and he made a face. He'd make it interesting, though probably at the expense of his own trustworthiness and reputation.

He sighed, leaning back into his seat. Bets, pranks, dares. All the stuff he lived for, all the stuff that made life interesting. He wasn't stupid, although a bit reckless. That he would acknowledge.

The car rolled to a gentle stop just beyond the reach of the cabins. Cannon could see a few other cars present; some other campers had already arrived. "Do you want to get out and take a look?" his parents asked him. He looked outside the car window dubiously.

"I dunno..." he said skeptically. He saw a girl and guy embracing, presumably a couple or really good friends, and another guy, arguing with a man, probably his dad. "Not really.." The camp looked boring, and average, not unlike Cannon's presumption of it.

( omg im glad you caught that lolol. im in like 3 diff RPs and one of my charries name is Leda. im sorry! im gonna edit it )

Jack thought quickly and handed the man his shoes. "Here take them. They are new." He grabbed his guitar and his suitcase out of the trunk and closed it. The cab drove off and Jack sighed heavily. A great way to start off camp. He thought sarcastically. He looked and saw the other people talking to either a friend or a parent. He looked down at his now shoeless feet. He smiled as he remembered that he had brought and extra pair. He sat cross-legged on the ground and opened his suitcase pulling out an old pair of shoes. Jack put them onto his feet. "Awesome." He said quietly to no one in particular. He zipped everything back up and stood, not quite sure where to go.

( @Lovely Bones, of coarse everybody finds Andy attractive, he does look like Andy Biersack after all ;) )

Emily glanced around, noticing an array of other campers arriving. Across the lot was a couple hugging. Emily sighed, the two only reminded her that some of the people here would already know each other, meaning she would be cast as an outsider again. It didn't really bother her that much, Emily was used to being cast out, but just once she would like to be on the inside. A way too cheery woman skipped her way over to Emily and her mother flashing a row of perfect teeth at them. " Hello camper! What's your name?" She asked in a very high voice, clutching a clipboard to her chest. Emily stared at her in amazement. 'How does she smile that big? How does her skin not tear?' She thought to herself before whispering a quiet, " Emily Scott." The counselor nodded her head still smiling. She reminded Emily slightly of an over friendly shark for some reason.

" Yes, I have you right here. Emily Scott. Check! " She squealed with excitement and clapped her free hand against the clipboard. " You're going to have the best time here! " The counselor rambled on for several minutes about different activities the camp provides, most of which she could have figured out just by looking around. " Well that should be everything! You're in cabin.. 2! Good luck! "

Emily attempted to smile warmly at the woman, but instead just kind of raised one half of her mouth in a small smirk. 'Stop being awkward.' She ordered herself, her smirk falling into a frown.

The woman skipped away off to bombard another camper. Emily sighed and shook her head. 'Maybe if I was more cheerful people would like me more.' Her mother cut off her thought by squeezing her tightly around the torso. " Have fun baby girl. I'm going to miss you so much! " She exclaimed and smiled slightly, even though there was the threat of tears in her eyes.

Emily smiled back at her mother, a real honest smile. " I'll miss you too, Mom. It's only a couple months. " She said with a shrug as if it was no big deal, although inside she was completely freaking out. Her mother brushed tears from her eyes and returned to the car. With a final smile she pulled away. Emily half waved as she watched the car disappear. When nothing more could be seen she picked up her bags with a sigh. 'Might as well go find my cabin.'

~*~

It only took Emily about ten minutes to find the cabin marked, Girls 2. She adjusted the bag on her shoulder and pushed the cabin door open. The cabin was mostly empty except for four loft beds. The walls were completely paneled with light wood, a brown tile covering the floor. Emily scrunched her nose. It wasn't exactly her taste but she didn't exactly have a say in the matter. She claimed the bed closest to the back on the left and began to unpack, humming to herself.

( teehee xD )

Grace dropped down from Andy, "I really don't know what I would've did if you didn't show up." she said looking up to Andy considering the fact he's like 6'2. "Well I guess you just would've died." he replied with a smile. As Grace playfully nudged him she saw a very bubbly girl walking towards their way with a clipboard. "Hi! I'm Samantha and I'm one of the head counselors, if you have any trouble you come to us. Aaaand we'll always be wearing a bright green shirt with the camp's name on the back. So it's not hard to find us." she said with laughter and in an overly excited tone. "We're going to have a meeting with all the campers in the mess hall but first we want everyone to be packed in.. So what are your names?" she continued on. "Grace Marie..." Grace said scrunching her forehead at the obnoxious girl. " I'm Andy Hills." Andy replied doing the same. "Alllllrighty. Grace you're in Girls Cabin 2 and Andy you're in Boys Cabin 3." the girl said lastly in her high pitched voice. "God.." Grace said looking over at Andy, both of them laughing. "I guess we'll meet outside the cabins to the mess hall?" Andy said raising an eyebrow before walking towards his cabin.

Grace peeked inside with the door of the cabin already opened. Walking in with her bags she went to the bunk that was in the farthest corner of the back of the room with the less sunlight showing. She placed her bags on top of the bunk and sat down as well. Grace looked up and noticed a girl was already here and saw she claimed the bed across from her. She could see her expression on her face that wasn't so pleasant. "Not stoked to be here either huh?" she said out loud.

Andy stepped on to the steps leading to the door of the cabin, the door was already opened and he could see his other 3 roommates already settling in. They all looked like they've been here before. He decided to not speak to them for the simple fact he didn't come here to make friends. Andy went back to his car and popped his trunk, he grabbed his guitar case and bags with his belongings inside. He made his way back to the cabin and sat his things on the bed farthest away from the other bunks.

Jack looked around and saw an extremely excited guy in a green shirt approaching him. When the guy held his hand out for Jack to shake, Jack flinched. "Hi there! I'm Matt, one of the counselors for Forest Lake Camp!" Jack winced as the boy exclaimed these words. Did they always talk so loud? "You must be..." The boy trailed off as his eyes skimmed down the list searching for the correct name. "Jack Berger?" Jack nodded slowly. "Good!" Another wince from Jack. "Looks like youre in Cabin 4 buddy!" Jack nodded again then turned to begin walking down the path he saw some kids walking this way earlier and was pretty sure this was the right direction. Matt followed after him. "Oh and I almost forgot." The counselor began to talk endlessly about all the joys of being in camp. The pit in Jack's stomach grew as he began to feel that he had made a horrible mistake. Finally, he reached his cabin and stepped inside. The counselor was still talking. "....So if you need me I'll be around." Jack nodded once more and shut the door in his face. He smiled and enjoyed the soothing silence. His cabinmates had not yet arrived so he took the furthest bed on the right. He sat on the edge of the bed and closed his eyes. Jack was totally exhausted.

At the pressed insistence of his parents, Cannon slowly exited the vehicle, grudgingly pulling his belongings off with him. "You'll be fine," they promised. "It'll be good for you." He nodded skeptically, then waved goodbye to them. He stood there for a while, taking in his surroundings and observing the other people before at last starting for the row of cabins he saw. Upon reaching them, he didn't see anyone, at least, not until they were standing directly in front of him. He automatically took a step back, surprised.

"Oh, I didn't see you there," he said, eyes widening.

"I'm Matt, one of the counselors here. We'll be having a blast this summer. Your name?" The man before him seemed excited, almost overly so.

"Cannon." Cannon nodded dubiously as Matt scanned the list for his name. A blast... he could make it a blast. Literally.. if given the right materials, that is.

"You'll be in Cabin 4," Matt pointed down the path. "I'll leave you alone to get situated and acquainted with your roommates; if I recall correctly one of them is already there. When you're done, meet back in the mess hall-" He stopped and pointed at a larger cabin not too far off, "and we'll get you situated with all the other campers and counselors, kay?" Cannon nodded his thanks before starting down the indicated road.

It took a while, but he finally reached the cabin. He glanced over the door before slowly pushing it open, unsure of what he would find. The bed on the furthest right was occupied, and he couldn't tell if the guy there was sleeping or not, so he made his way slowly to the bed on the far left, away from the door. A wry smile made its way to his face. His roommate probably wasn't sleeping, unless he had the extraordinary talent of sleeping while sitting up. He was glad that he'd managed to get a bed away from the door; he didn't like being so close to the entrance. Cannon couldn't be bothered to put his things away properly, so he simply shoved them under his bed, then sat on the edge , bored. "What's up?" he asked, not looking at the guy in question.

Jack was going over his rules he had made in his head. His key rule was repeating in his head over and over. Be friendly, not vulnerable. He was thinking so hard he hadnt even heard the cabin door open. When the other boy spoke he jumped. Jack opened his eyes and looked over at him. "Oh... Hi." He said quietly. He shook his head slightly to himself realizing he hadnt even answered the question. "I-I was just... getting situated." He said just as quietly. He gaze lowered to his suitcase laying on its side on the floor and realized it probably didnt look like he was doing anything at all. He fidgeted absentmindedly and nibbled on his bottom lip nervously. He was so stressed out about what the other boy thought of him. What if he thinks I'm a loser? He frowned still staring at his suitcase.

Jessie sat glumly in her moms car, she glanced out the window and saw beautiful scenery. " hey mom can. You stop the car" her mom stid and she grabbed her professional camera and toke a few pictures of some flowers and hoped in the car again. A few minutes later they rode past a sign that reads forest lake camp. She sighed and hopped out of the car " Ooh jess look it beautiful!" Her mom says. With excitement. Jessie groans "yea mom" she says as she picks up her bags. Her mom hugs her " bye mom" "bye hunny" she kisses her forehead. Jessie walks down the trail when stopped bye a very perky counsolur "Hi! Welcome to forest lake camp, what's your name!?" •Wow to perky, why to I have to be here?• she thinks in her head.

Jessie scratches her head " my name is jessie Nicole green" "Ooh yes! Jessie you'll be staying in cabin 2 for girls!" She smiles " thanks" she starts to walk down the trail to the cabin taking pictures and quietly. Humming ti her favorite song. A few minutes later she arrives at cabin 2, She slowly opens the door and walks in and notices two girls " Hi" she says as she picks a bed and. And places her bags. Down and sat on the bed.

Keaton jumped on Sammie who was crashed out on the couch"Ok ok i'm ready now"he said smiling a he got off of his bigger brother."Well that's good now we can finally get to camp."Sammie said and got up off the couch.He walked over to a dew bags he packed and picked them up while Keaton tugged his own out the door as well."Did you pack your whole room again?"Sammie asked looking at his brother."No..i only pack just about umm....everything"he said and with a agreeing nod after.Sammie shook his head and walked on to the car and put the luggage into the trunk along with Keaton's.Sammie sighed and stretched before getting into the drivers seat of the car"Ok lets go before it gets dark outside."he said.Keaton nodded and got into the passengers side of the car then shut the door behind him."Did you pack your guitar Sam?"Keaton asked looking towards his brother"Of course i did!Did you pack yours?"he asked i return.Keaton smiled"Do you even have to ask that question?"he said laughing then turned to the window and rested his head down on the side of the door.

It was about an hour and a half until they got there and Sammie pulled into the rocky parking area then turned off the car."Keaton,we're here"he said to his brother and shook him awake.Keaton yawned and looked out the window then hurried and got out of the car and took in the fresh air or at least semi fresh air.He skipped to the back of the car and took his things into the boys cabin and rested his things on a top bunk.Sammie wasn't to far behind and came only about 5 minutes after his brother and sat his things on the bottom bed."Well looks like people already got here."Sammie said smiling.Keaton nodded and went outside to find more people while Sammie just sat down on his bed.

Grace looked up from unpacking and saw another girl walk in. "Hey," Grace replied. She took her phone out and texted Andy. All of a sudden a loud intercom noise came on and a voice spoke out, "If all campers could please make their way to the mess hall for the first meeting. Thank you for your time." Grace sighed and moved the bags off her legs. "You guys wanna sit with me and my friend Andy? In the mess hall?" Grace spoke up and asked.

Andy heard what the intercom voice said and jumped up and slowly walked out the door. He read the text Grace said and stood infront of her cabin, waiting for her to walk out.

( Hey. Sorry I haven't posted in a long time, I've been busy getting ready for back to school. X( )

Emily was sorting through the shirts she chose to bring and the ones she was forced to bring by her mother. " No.. no.. no! " She exclaimed to herself tossing a pile of pink shirts to the other side of the bed. She groaned as she seen the difference in piles. The pink pile was much larger than the black one. Emily rolled her eyes and shut the suitcase with a slight sigh. 'Looks like I'm going to be doing a lot of laundry.' She thought sadly. There wasn't anything in the world Emily hated more than doing laundry.

She jumped as she heard voices behind her, greeting her. Emily turned slowly and glanced at the two girls who entered the cabin. " Um.. hi. " She greeted the two girls quietly, scratching at her arm, a bad habit caused by nervousness. 'Ask them how they are.' She ordered herself. Emily cleared her throat once but couldn't seem to form the words so she tried again. Still nothing came out. She sighed in defeat just as a voice overhead asking campers to go to the mess hall.

Emily smiled slightly at the girl and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. " Yeah. " She whispered. " Thanks. " She added in a slightly louder voice. 'I hope everybody here is this nice.' She thought to herself, leaning back against the wall, her arms crossed in front of her chest.

Jessie started to unpack when a intercom came on saying 'go to the mess hall for our first meeting' she groan "Yea sure " she answers the girl and throws her clothes in her dresser and grabs her phone just in case "Ok lets go we don't want to be late" she said while putting on her favorite sweatshirt that her Mom gave her from their trip to the Big apple. -I'll just finish up packing when i get back- she says in her mind while walking out the door and notices a guy " Hi" she says while putting her bright red hair in a messy bun and waiting for the other girls.

Grace smiled back and headed for the door. She threw her hair back and slid her phone in her back pocket. Grace saw Andy in front of the cabin and skipped over to him, wrapping her arm around his. "You're like my little girl camper," she said jokingly while looking up at Andy.

Andy unlocked his arm from Grace's and laughed. "Hey," he replied to the girl who spoke out to him. Andy wasn't really looking for a relationship or anything coming to the camp but there were so many attractive girls he was thinking he might be wrong to not look. Grace has some hot roommates though.. He thought to himself.

All of the kids from the cabins were rushing out and into the mess hall. Following behind were the counselors in their bright shirts. Grace and Andy started their way behind them since they had no idea where the mess hall was at.

Emily followed the two girls out of the cabin. She smiled politely at the boy who joined them. 'He's cute.' She thought to herself, pulling her hair back into a messy ponytail. There was a slight breeze coming from the lake but even it couldn't beat the heat of the day. She sighed to herself. It was only the beginning of the summer and it was already hot. Emily hated warm weather more than anything in the world. She pictured herself dancing through a valley filled with snow. The thought brought a smile to her face as she walked to the mess hall. As she approached the large building she could hear low chatter. Emily chewed on the inside of her cheek as she entered through the dark brown doors.

Emily scanned the small crowd that had already filled most of the tables. She noticed a small table in the back that was empty. " Should we sit there? " She asked in a quiet voice pointing to the empty table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back