• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Not So Happily Ever After...

Eternal Sunrise

I have the intro to a Fairytale/modern mash-up that I would love to try out. My character is a criminal in for one of the "crime families" in the town, that our pretty much led by modern day twists on classic villians. Would love to explore a story about an adversary (rival from another family, police officer/detective) that they have a connection, make friends, have to work together, or with the police element she may be used to get on the inside. Her ultimate goal is to get out, and maybe could be convinced to try and take down the evil in the town. I'm over it with the forced romance, and am looking to explore other aspects. If something forms organically it may be worth it, but it can't be forced and contrived.

The street lights and neon signs reflected streaks of color off of the wet pavement. The rain had just stopped and the clouds were beginning to part, revealing a dark starry night sky. The street was relatively busy with all manner of people, but that wasn't uncommon on a Friday night in downtown Woodlands. The sidewalks were lined with friends and couples going to and from the movie theater, or one of the little restaurants or coffee shops that lined main road.

The dark figure of a woman walked down the sidewalk alone. She kept her head down, the hood of a grey zip up hoodie over her head, her hands in the pockets of the leather jacket that she wore over that. She wore black boots that went halfway up her calf over a pair of tight black jeans. She passed the happy couples and laughing friends, but couldn't help but see passed it all. No one seemed to notice the homeless man sitting at the edge of the alley with his dog, or the drug dealer sitting in his car outside of the little convenience store. People only saw what they wanted to see, they would rather live in their own little fantasy world.

The woman rounded a corner, heading down a dark dirty alley way. She could hear the smack of her boots on the wet pavement echo against the walls of the buildings on either side of her. As she drew closer to the other side, she began to hear the steady thump of music. All of the sudden she heard a crash to her left. Her hand automatically reached for the gun at the small of her back, before she saw a cat shoot out from under a dumpster.

"Fucking cats," she said to herself, letting her body relax. She stuck her hands back into her pockets and continued back down the alley.

When the woman emerged from the other side, she seemed to have found herself in a very different world than the one she left. There were people on this side that were laughing and having a good time, but it wasn't the sweet innocent fun that she had just left behind. A dark sedan pulled up to the curb, and a scantily clad prostitute walked over and leaned in to show off the merchandise. Just down the road a little and you could see one of the local drug dealers leaning up again his car, trying to entice passersby. This was where people went when they were looking for trouble.

The woman turned right, headed toward the music. There were a couple of clubs and bars on this street, but she was looking for one in particular. She passed Le Pomme De Poison, the high end strip club, avoiding the doors they swung open as a man was pushed out. She continued down a little further until she found the one she was after. As she approached, she looked up at the glow of the bright green and purple neon sign above her. The Spinning Wheel. She had been to this club many times before, but tonight she wasn't there for fun.

A couple days ago, the woman's best friend, was murdered. She had been the only one that the woman had ever trusted, and someone had killed her. The woman knew very little about what had happened, but she was determined to find out, and make whoever did it pay dearly. People knew not to cross her. She had been abandoned as a child, left on the streets to fend for herself. She got into some trouble and caught the eye of some very high ranking criminals. They saw potential and took her in, teaching her and helping mold her into a woman that could take care of herself, and wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty. She was known to have a ruthless streak at times, but she never did anything without having a good reason.

The woman took a deep breath, and walked up to the entrance, past the line of people waiting to get in. She walked up to the bouncer at the door, his broad shoulder flexed under his black t-shirt that looked to be two sizes too small for him.

"Can I help you, little lady?" The bouncer asked, with a cocky smile and a flash of teeth that were a little too pointy to be human, instantly indicating to the woman that he was a shapeshifter.

The woman sighed. This guy was new so he didn't recognize her. She really wasn't in the mood to beat around the bush. She looked up at him, meeting his gaze, "Arya Winters, I'm here to see Mal."

The blood instantly drained from the man's face, as he realized his mistake. "I'm so sorry," he said as he moved back and let her through. "I don't realize. Please go right through."

Aria nodded her head once to the bouncer and walked passed him into the club. The air was thick with the smell of alcohol and sweat as she made her way inside. The music and the sound of voices trying to be heard filled the air. She pushed her way past bodies, making her way to the bar at the back. She walked up to it, leaning againt it for a moment and stretching out her back. She reached up and pulled back her hood. She had long black hair that went a few inches below her shoulders. Her big brown eyes scanned down the bar, looking for the bartender. She waved down at him, and he headed over.

Arya Winters (open) Arya Winters (close)

"Hey Arya, how you holding up kid?" The bartender asked, pulling down a bottle of Jack Daniels and picking up a shot glass as he made his way to her. He set the glass in front of her and poured her out a drink.

"How do you think, Jared?" Arya said as she lifted the glass to her lips, throwing it back in one fluid motion. She felt the burn of the liquid as it made its way down her throat.

Jared filled her glass again. They had known each other a long time and he had known her friend Sam just as long. He felt the loss of her too, but he couldn't imagine what Arya was going through. "I'm guessing your here to see Mal?"

"Yea, she knows I'm coming," Arya said as she downed her second shot.

"Sit tight, I'll let her know you here," Jared said. He watched as Arya nodded slowly, before he walked back up the bar and out of sight.

Arya turned and leaned her back against the bar, looking out at the room, waiting.

If you're interested, feel free to shoot me a message
clear.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back