• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Not In Kansas Anymore [Apocalypse Themes; New Plot 05/20]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

And the dreams that you dreamed of
Really do come true

Apocalyptic RPs!
Welcome to my list of variously modern, sci-fi, and biblical story ideas involving the ideas of dystopias or apocalypses. Have a gander! The only "zombie" thing is that I'm in the Walking Dead fandom, and would love to work out a plot for it, but I have no ideas.

Rules:

1. Don't God-Mod. In other words, don't make my character speak, don't make my character, don't make my character take damage, and don't control my character. If you want something to go a certain way for plot purposes, just PM me and ask. Usually, I accept "god-modding" during travel and the like. It is usually acceptable to assume movement if a character is already committed to the journey.

2. Please be able to play both genders, and play multiple roles. Your main character(s) may be just male or just female, but I expect all the side characters and NPCs to have life and flavor, too.

3. On the note of characters: I will always play one female character. So, be aware of that. With that said, I usually also always play one male character, and I do MxM, MxF, and FxF pairings, though I prefer MxF.

4. I only RP on threads, so no PM rps with me. So that I know you’ve read the rules this far, please tell me about your favorite food!

5. Please be able to write more than a couple of sentences as responses to me. I have tried to do “simple” RPs, but I end up not feeling motivated to respond or continue the RP. I will need you to be able to write a paragraph or two, each post, at least.

6. PM if you are interested. The only reason for you not to PM me is if you cannot do so due to the fact you haven't reached 24 hours/10 posts.

Guidelines:

1. I do not like to be hassled for posts. Especially if I have already posted that day or the day before. Do not bother me for posts until at least two days have passed. Otherwise, I will start to resent our RP and lose interest in it.

2. I enjoy OOC talk, however I will not respond to "hi" or "-poke-" or equivalents. Have substance to the chatter, even if it just asking "How are you?".

3. Do not bump our thread if I have not posted. I will not post out of spite. I have a problem with this, I acknowledge it, I'm not fixing it.

4. On that matter, please keep OOC to PMs and not on our IC thread. IC is for posting. If you have a question, concern, or comment, just shoot me a PM.

5. In general, I do not enjoy immediate romances or "slice-of-life" RPs, so do not come to me expecting I'll do either. I may make rare exceptions.

Race To The End: End of the Worlds. Dark-Tower, Dark Souls, and Vampire Hunter D Inspired.

Ends of the Worlds. Wastelands and Decay. Long adventure, desperate measures.

Inspired by The Dark Tower, Dark Souls, and Vampire Hunter D, I would like to do a story involving a group that sets out to save the worlds...or what remains of it. This can involve dimension hopping, alternate timelines, and other worlds, or none of that. I imagine it starting out in a ruined world at least, where the terrain and people within it are often just as threatening as the actual villains.

Thematically, I imagine that what holds the world together is being threatened, and what holds it together could be the actual life-source (like Yggdrasil, the Lifestream, the Tower, or the "First Flame"), or it could be something like the source of all knowledge, which could allow someone to literally reconstruct reality based on it (Akashic Records comes to mind for that). This would then shape the reasons and the world(s) around, and help to give a sense of urgency.

We would play both heroes and villains in this, and craft a beautiful wasteland, as well as any other worlds, and build on the fantasy and apocalyptic feel of the world, as well as the bonds in the groups. I would want us to take time to tell both the Heroes and the Villains stories, not necessarily in every post, but I don't want us to lose track of either side. It also wouldn't be required for all of the "heroes" to start together, but they could be encountered as the journey goes on.

That is another aspect of the theme I would like for this - the journey itself, and creating interesting twists and turns. The journey has one goal - but that goal is a while away, and there is much to overcome to make our heroes, heroes, and much for the villains to prepare in order to reach their goal, as well.

Kristallnacht: Dystopic, militant world. Theocracy maybe? WWII inspired.

Nazis, Theology, and dictatorships abound. Dystopic world.

This can be based either on Earth, in an "alternate universe" situation, or on a world completely different from earth. Technology and all that jazz is debatable.

I want to play in a world where someone akin to Hitler has more or less succeeded in taking over. This could be taken over the world, or taken over a large portion of it. Men and women serve as soldiers, men and women serve in the resistance against this leader - equal opportunity. I want to play with the clash of those who believe what they are doing is good, with those who are doing it because they need a job, to protect their family, and then to clash with those who are harmed by it. Those not of the proper religion, those not of the proper race, those who just are not "right" or "chosen". We can determine what qualifies on both sides.

I want to see the challenges of these interactions. I want to see the moral struggles, and yes, there should be character death, character suffering - but also, hope. Characters should fall in love and make friends. Characters morals can change, for better or worse.

This plot is relatively open-ended, but basically I want to play with the theme, the hopelessness and the hope, in dark, dark times.

The Wizard of Oz: Sci-Fi world. Let's find the Wizard! Crossdressing Princess Ozma.

Sci-Fi, Wizard of Oz inspired idea. Familiarity with the books would be useful.

On a planet known as Oz, a vast world sprawls out. Science blends seamlessly into life, making many things seem like magic. The witches guard the world, as it exists under a Queen (Mombi) and King (Nome King). These two deposed the original rulers ages ago in a war that caused many things to be lost. Among these things was the great Emerald City.

Compare the Emerald City to our idea of Atlantis: a great civilization with grand secrets and technology that could change the world as it is known.

An individual, Project Ozma, was created to find the forgotten Emerald City and restore Oz to greatness. This project is unknown. The known project is Project Dorothy. Project Ozma, however, escaped when those who created her recognized she was not as obedient as desired. She took what she could, and has plans to find the Emerald City on her own.

This story should include various figures of Oz lore, even if they are not "so named" and it is just a "role" they are filling. So Toto need not be a dog, or even named Toto. Toto could be a robot who is a good friend or guide. The Wizard could be a hermit with secrets people want. The Scarecrow could be a gladiator kept as a slave to "scare" others off. Be creative! I definitely plan to play Project Ozma, though.

Ill-Timed Apocalypse: Four Horsemen. Demons and Angels working together. Who in the hell let the Horsemen out? No one wants an Apocalypse.

Demons, angels, and humans, oh my!

Someone has found a way to start the apocalypse through releasing the Four Horsemen early. These four entities are now roaming Earth as if it is theirs, and destroying it, which has set off a panic in Heaven and Hell. Angels are surprised this could happen. Demons are concerned about anyone having this kind of power. And humanity? Well, humanity’s screwed if things don’t get fixed.

Unlikely alliances will be made as everyone pulls together to put off the Apocalypse. Angels align with their former brothers and sisters to try and bring peace to this world, and humans end up joining the cause as well. The Horsemen seem incapable of not harming them--even Michael--though they know that God's will would never want Michael harmed.

So who has this power, and more importantly--what else are they capable of?

This does not need to be in modern times, I could see it taking place in Medieval times, on up. We’ll need to establish the villain of this thread through PMs, and split up the Horsemen as roles we play, besides our heroes.

The Gospel: Reincarnated Apostles. Antichrist utopia. The Christ returns. On Wednesday, we DON'T WEAR SILVER, JUDAS.

In a world after war, the Antichrist rules over all. Everyone under their rule is marked, and those who do not get marked are killed. Yet, outliers still remain. Humanity prospers under the Antichrist, though. All needs are taken care of. Those who serve well are raised up. Food is free, healthcare is free, all the basics are free—it is the luxuries that aren’t, and so many do serve in an effort to obtain those luxuries.

The Antichrist remains ever vigilant, looking for the Christ, and others. Already, it has noticed that the Apostles are returning…some are even in their hands, serving them, already. Others have yet to be found.

This Roleplay will have many roles—the Apostles, the Christ, and the Antichrist, in particular. All of these will have unique abilities, a carry-over from their previous life. We’ll need to divide up the roles, one of us will need to be the ‘Christ’ and the other the ‘Antichrist’, and then we’ll divide up the Apostles. I am laying claim to Judas now.

Pairings and Related Fandoms:

• AngelxHuman
  • AngelxFallen Angel
  • AngelxDemon
  • DemonxHuman
  • Guardian AngelxHuman
  • AngelxProphet
  • DemonxProphet
  • ProdigyxExpert
  • RivalxRival
  • The Walking Dead
  • Resident Evil