• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern #NorthDakotaSpaceCube

Should this RP be Casual or Detailed?

• Casual - One paragraph of RP.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detailed - More than one paragraph of RP.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Morianrhod

Does Her Best.
One unusually humid summer night in North Dakota, all the dogs started barking for one complete hour before falling completely silent. Meanwhile, all the local TV signals suffered heavy static interference culminating in a blackout at 4.30am, which was speedily fixed by the mains company in time for the good morning broadcast with America's favourite, local newsreader Bryony Martins at 6 am.

The next morning, a black cube as large as a fully-grown pine tree was discovered buried halfway into the earth a quarter of a mile outside the town. Quickly trending on News platforms like Twitter and Facebook with hashtags like #Dakotacube, #spacecube and other similarly named tags, the cube quickly came to the attention of Government officials, who cordoned it off and conducted extensive testing on the cube, but all the analysis lead to the following answers; One, that the cube was immovable, despite their best attempts to dig up the earth displaced by the cube to get underneath it to move it. Second, that despite having residual (and quickly deteriorating, which baffled the scientists attempts to scientifically explain) radiation from outer space, the cube was devoid of any unusual characteristics. Finding no reason to keep the cube cordoned off for much longer, a local official released a statement to the Media, stating that while extensive tests had been done, results were inconclusive and that they would be keeping it cordoned off for a while to keep close watch over it. it was Thirdly and lastly, that no activist groups, terrorist groups or otherwise claimed responsibility for the cube as a publicity stunt, (though some had wished they had).

Months passed at a time, and eventually because of cutting costs, security for the cube reduced to the point of redundancy.

A year afterwards, the cube remained devoid of any surveillance, and became a curio, a landmark that was marketed by the local town as a sightseeing attraction that brought tourists in from all around the world, true believers who tried to put their fingers down on any potential conspiracies, and bored, cash-strapped students who manned the many gift shops and stalls that sold tacky shirts that said 'I touched the North Dakota Space Cube, and all I got was this lousy T-Shirt', and other assorted Space Cube bric-a-brac and memorabilia.

Four months later, the Presidential elections came round, and focus went to the polls.

The new year came and went. Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day Celebrations, Cinco Del Mayo passed by. The cube was forgotten. Independence Day came and went.

Then one night, in early August, under the light of the Perseids, the long dormant cube suddenly awoke.

----

So, this will be a Realistic RP set in Modern Day (2015) North Dakota. Two years ago, a large space cube materialised near a average-sized town near the Western border with Montana. It was cordoned off briefly and had government testing done on it, but results were inconclusive on its origin, but came back seemingly harmless.

Just now, the cube has become active again overnight and your characters have to survive against whatever's inside that thing.

Anyone interested?

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment, probably Casual. But I won't stop anyone if they want to write detailed posts. It's up to everyone really. If they want it casual, it'll be casual.

In fact, I'll set up a Poll for it now.

I don't really mind too much either way, as long as it's not like an eight-paragraph requirement. I personally would like it being somewhere at High Casual, like maybe a 2-3 paragraph minimum? But like you said, I won't have a problem if everyone wants it to stay at Casual. Well regardless, please tag me when you get the RP up ~ :smiled:

I'm quite interested! Well, having lived in North Dakota for a period of time helps spark the attraction towards this, but I'll ignore that for now.

I'm currently trying to boost my writing skills for some high school classes, so high casual would be great. Whenever the official thread is posted, please notify me!

:pooka:

i would definitely be interested! :)

also i would prefer the prefix to be casual as the minimum, but roleplayers should be allowed to go into detailed if they want

Users who are viewing this thread

Back