• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Corrupted World

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Moriya felt at peace holding Saki's hand. Saki's laugh, it gave her peace. It had been a while since Morī had had a meaningful relationship with someone, and she had desperately needed it. She hoped this was it. Saki seemed more cheerful now.

Immediately afterwards, Morī reluctantly let go of Saki's hand and stood up, looking at Saki from above, "Now we can go back to the Aomori Suwa Shrine, it's some blocks from here, it's where I'm staying and my things are there and stuff..." she stated, "and maybe we can go on a picnic under one of these Sakura--you know, Hanami!" she blurted out, "You must be hungry, Saki?" Morī really liked Saki's name and how it sounded, and she purposefully repeated it. And she went on, chirping, "And you know, Yoda is tooootally my favorite. I actually have a really old shirt with him plastered on it! I'll show it to you someday at home, Saki!" And she stretched her hand out to Saki. She looked genuinely happy talking about things she liked. On the back of her mind, though, some little sad thoughts about her mother were trying to surface. After all, that shirt had been gifted to her by her mother.

• Sukutse felt Inori's hands touch his, and when he sensed that she backed away to her chair, he felt a small object in his hands. It's something that wasn't his. He originally thought it was something that he lost in the way, and his regalia picked it up to give it back to him. What is it? What is it? He was getting impatient to know what he lost. If it was something he doesn't use anymore, he'd give it to Inori as a gift. He was sure it would make very happy. After a short moment, he said, "I guess I should open my eyes..." He opened his eyes, and in his hands lies a star. This is not mine, I'm very certain of it.

"I always see you using your phone for client calls so I thought you'd like a good luck charm to decorate it..." Inori said.

"This... This is..." He was at a loss for words. In human terms, what Inori gave is something you'd call a gift. Sukutse couldn't hold back his emotions. He smiled at Inori, and it was followed by flowing tears of happiness. He observed the item that she had gave him, and clenched it in his hand. "This... is the first time... someone has ever gave me a gift." He was so happy, he can hug his regalia right now. He wouldn't do that of course, since he didn't want to risk being mistaken for a lolicon. He wiped off his happy tears.

"I'll cherish this forever." He promised her. "Your order, sir." The waitress came back, now with the food that he ordered. As the food was set down on the table, the waitress left, and Sukutse attached the keychain to his phone. "And now, let's eat!"

Soulless Soulless

[div class=fyurimain][div class=gradient][/div]
[div class=headermain]Inori
58c1195b0b8215bfc029a2bbed2ba5ab.jpg

[/div]
[div class=text][div class=txtheader][/div]
"This... is the first time... someone has ever gave me a gift." Tears were emerging from Sukutse's eyes, in contrasts to his elated expression. That was the first time Inori had ever seen Sukutse cry. Even if they were tears of joy, Inori couldn't help but feel sympathy for the person in front her. Was it was because they shared a close bond between regalia and god? Or something else? Inori didn't know. She tilted her head down, smiling to herself behind her blue long locks of hair.

Soon after, the waitress who had taken their order had come back to serve them their meals. Along with that, the waitress also placed down two additional cups of water and silverware. Colorful dyed cream. A sweet aroma that brought comfort to the nostrils. Inori looked at the feast before her, admiring the craftsman's work. She then shifted her attention away from the vibrant sweets to Sukutse.

"I-I can really eat all of it?" Inori questioned. It was the same one that always came up when Sukutse would offer a meal to her. Food had always seemed like a luxury to Inori ever since she came into this world. It was fuel to survive — the prize for those deserving. She peered at Sukutse with an almost sad expression, wanting his approval to indulge herself in replenishment.

The plates of food sat beside each other in desolate space, anticipating their consumer.

takki takki
[/div]
[/div][div class=fyuricredit]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

• Sukutse noticed that Inori looked in awe at the godly sweet desserts prepared before them. Ever since he gave Inori her name, he was busy taking jobs and never got the chance to go to a cafe again. This was the first time in a while that he's ever gotten an oppurtunity to eat desserts and indulge in their taste. Before starting to eat them, he answered Inori's question, "Mhm. Everything that is prepared in front of you are all yours to eat." He picked up his utensil, and already started to eat the cheesecake. He took a spoonful into his mouth, and it sent shivers down his spine. There was an emotion of satisfaction printed in Sukutse's face. Ah, finally... So sweet... He thanked the near shore humans for creating this food.

Soulless Soulless

Saki wiped away a stray tear that had managed to trail down her cheek as she watched Moriya stand up. She stayed on the ground for a little while longer, mostly out of laziness, but manged to drag herself to her feet when Moriya started talking. Her chattiness brought a smile to to the girl's face, despite the doubt that continued to linger inside of her. At the mention of food, Saki perked up a bit more and asked, "What's your favorite food?" The apple Morī had given her had been surprisingly yummy- it was sweet but at the same time it wasn't. She wasn't sure how to describe it except... y'know, appley.

Saki was also excited about the idea of going "home." She wondered what it was like there, but was quickly distracted by the idea of a Yoda shirt. Her eyes lit up as she imagined Moriya wearing a shirt with a crotchety old green midget on it, trying her best not to burst out laughing. Saki had decided she liked Morī- she wasn't sure why, she'd only just met her, but she felt safe and happy with her. It felt nice, and she hoped it'd last. And... if it didn't, she was happy she got to meet her.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006

[/div]
Inori stuck her fork into a strawberry on top of the parfait that was adorned with the rainbow. The strawberry's flesh was ripe with red. Inori took a bite. In a few seconds, she burst into bliss. The fruit was pure, yet contained such flavor and sweetness. Shortly after, she began picking all the strawberries off the parfait and stashed them into a small sandwich bag to save for later. While holding the remaining strawberry of the parfait, a sudden breeze rushed in from the door opening, allowing the cold beast to knock the strawberry out of Inori's fingertips.

She ran. The precious strawberry had fallen to its doom, sullied by what was left of footprints on the floor. Rolling and rolling it went with the blue haired girl tailing right behind it. Until suddenly, the strawberry was cornered into the crevice of a wall next to a window. Inori grabbed the treasure in a swift movement, before looking up to come face to face with a familiar individual.
Nyanko-Sensei-natsume-yuujinchou-37109615-500-300.gif

"Eh? EHH?" Inori exclaimed in shock. She turned in Sukutse's direction and pointed to the feline. "Sukutse! I found Mr. Cat!" Yelling from across the room, Inori attempted to grab the plump furry beast, which then hissed in fear and ran into the shelter of the outside from the back door of the cafe. Right behind the critter, came Inori running in panic, disappearing from the scene.​
takki takki
[/div]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

• Sukutse ignored her as she tried to pick up her fallen strawberry. He kept indulging himself in the taste of the dessert he was eating, and not too long after that, he already finished up his cheesecake. He drank water to flush out the taste of the cheesecake, and to move on to his next one, the parfait. As he was about to take a bite out of the strawberry topped in his parfait, he heard Inori shout out, "Sukutse! I found Mr. Cat!" Quickly moving his head to the direction on where she shouted, she saw her going on the back door of the cafe, trying to chase the cat. "H-hey! Wait for me!" He dropped the needed cash for his order on the table and ran towards her.

He opened the back door of the cafe, leading to a tight alley with three possible routes. Knowing that he has no time to lose, he didn't think on where she could've gone to. He ran to the right, leading to a crowded sidewalk. He looked at all directions, but with no sign of her. "Damn it." He cursed. He kept moving until he eventually gave up. Sukutse looked back, trying to look for the cafe, and he scratched his head. "Ah, where was the cafe again?" He asked himself.

Soulless Soulless

Saki seemed happier now. Morī was glad: she had, so far, been doing well with 'all this relationship thing'. Furthermore, she believed her mother would be proud of her for going out of her comfort zone and finally creating bonds. They both started walking, calmly.

"Oh, my favourite food..." Morī stood there pondering for a bit, looking at the grass--"Ah, my beret!" she said abruptly and picked it up, then sighed. She almost forgot it, lying there on the grass. "You see, Saki, this beret is really important to me... it was a gift from my mother." she said looking at the sky, but, in her mind, at the past. Her mind wandered so fast she almost forgot what question Saki had asked, she was always like this, as Saki would surely come to know. "Berry salad! Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries... they're all so tasty. Do you think you remember any food, and favourite?" And she added abruptly, "If you do, I'll show you something really cool!" she said, trying to put on a serious face. She was going to show her anyways, of course. Moriya just wasn't able to do things like that.

Saki peered at the little beret, then watched as Moriya looked up at the sky. Was her mother a cloud? No, that didn't sound right. She noticed she talked about her mother a lot, and failed to connect the dots regarding what might've happened between the two. Saki gently plucked the hat out of her hands and stuck it back on Morī's head, "Now you won't lose it again!" she chirped, not wanting Moriya to lose something obviously special to her.

She swung her arms as she walked beside the other girl, her eyes unable to focus on just one thing. As Moriya talked about her favorite foods, Saki giggled and commented, "You really like berries, huh?"

"Do you think you remember any food, and favourite? If you do, I'll show you something really cool! "

Saki chewed on her thumb, trying to think of something, anything. And... all that really came to mind was the apple she was given, so she shrugged and mumbled with an embarrassed grin, "Eh... apples?" She looked around a little more, finding it t was hard to focus on just one thing. Saki's eyes kept darting around so as to not miss anything, although it was a little difficult to make certain things out. Her attention was suddenly caught by a couple sitting on a blanket, with a...

"IT'S SO TINY!" She forced herself not to run up to the couple with the little baby, her eyes lighting up with excitement as she watched the happy pair play with the smiley little toddler. They didn't seem to notice her squeal, which confused her a bit, but she was grateful at the same time. It would probably look a little funny to see a wild haired girl in a kimono yelling something to no one in particular.

Last edited:

[/div]
Inori's confidence left her as she lost sight of the furry creature. Surrounding her was a secluded system of alleyways that looked almost identical to each other and messily stuffed trash cans. She began to call out to the feline, mimicking all sorts of cat noises. No response. Inori called out again, receiving the same silent treatment. She scanned the area, registering no sight of Sukutse. "Sukutse?" Inori let the words leave her mouth as she stared behind her. — Wait. Where was she? Where was the cafe again? Where was Sukutse? The blue-haired girl circled in a panic, eventually curling up in a ball, mumbling gibberish to calm herself.

The sun was blinding. There were the bustling sounds of continuous steps on the worn bricks, people, laughter, and voices, but none that belonged to him. Before letting her hopes down, Inori slapped the sides of her cheeks to knock some sense into herself. "Don't blight. Don't blight. Don't blight." Inori repeated to herself, holding her head down to her knees in a fetal position against the alley wall. Just wait and everything will be okay. Inori then took in a deep breath, taking refuge in the darkness of her shielded vision.

takki takki
[/div]

• Sukutse then finally gave up on trying to find Inori on the open and busy street. He moved on to find her on the tight, quiet alleyways. He kept running, and running, and peeking on to the sides if she was there. He would've found her by now, because of the connection a god and a regalia have. He could've easily sensed her and come back to her quickly, but something isn't quite right. He felt something odd, as if, something was blocking him from sensing her. But he knew it was impossible. He kept running still, trying to find her, and shouting, "Inori! Where are you?"

And suddenly, he stopped. He heard the wind breezing above the buildings. He looked above, and all of the sudden, his head and ears rang as if his head was packed close in a box. It was so long since the last time he experienced this, he forgot about this painful sensation. He was still running, but he tripped. He covered his ears in an attempt to shut the pain down, but it was no use. "The silence. The silence is truly deafening. Right, Sukutse? RIGHT?!" There it was, that voice again. The voice of-

He looked in front of him. From a distance, he saw Inori, curled up in a ball. The cat that she was trying to catch wasn't in the scene, so he figured that Inori lost it. The pain disappeared so suddenly, like a wave going ashore. He stood up and ran towards her. "Hey, Inori." He gently said to her. "Don't go disappearing like that all of the sudden." He sat beside her, waiting for her response. He acted as if nothing happened to him.

Soulless Soulless

Last edited:
Morī smiled when Saki helped her with the beret. It looked like Saki was having fun, too, and that was important for Moriya. She didn't want to treat Saki as a tool or an instrument devoted to her will. That relationship was not what she wanted, even if the High Skies deemed that as the most correct one. Moriya wanted Saki as a friend, a partner.

"Apples?" Moriya said between chuckles, "you know, that's kinda cheating 'cause..." but Saki wasn't exactly passionately listening to her: her eyes wandered around the park, looking for new things, new inputs; she was a newborn of some sort after all, it was just natural for her attention to be distributed among all those new things she could observe. "IT'S SO TINY!" Moriya giggled at her companion excitement and her little squeal. Adorable. Yet this point Moriya realized she hadn't even told Saki that, well, people didn't really usually see them. Saki seemed so happy to see that couple that she didn't feel like telling her, really; but Moriya rarely kept things to herself.

"Uhm, Saki..." commenced Morī apologetically, "people can't really see us unless they pay heed real close, you know? Since we're from the Far Shore." she emphasized; but she didn't want her to focus much on that and added quickly, "So... wanna see that cool thing or not? Hold my hand!" she said smirking, and stretched her hand towards Saki.

"Uhm, Saki... people can't really see us unless they pay heed real close, you know? Since we're from the Far Shore."

Saki's shoulders slumped a bit at Morī's explanation, and she tore her gaze away from the little family. "But..." She trailed off, not sure how to convey what she was feeling. At a loss for words, she instead squared her shoulders and tried perking up a bit, at least in her body language. "Lucky them then, huh?" She paused, then winked before talking again, "I wouldn't want to look at my ugly mug!" Saki grinned, although... she still felt a little disappointed and a twinge of jealousy.

"So... wanna see that cool thing or not? Hold my hand!"

Saki smiled and laughed a little, "Okay, okay..." She took the other girl's hand, swinging her free arm slightly as they walked. She wasn't looking around as much anymore, instead glancing at the ground that looked more like wax than anything. It was a little difficult to walk without a little bit of guidance- she'd been paranoid about accidently walking into something, so Saki was secretly a bit grateful Morī kept taking her hand. She wondered if everyone else was like this too.

3e956beeb66eb72afd3d9d618a16be1abdf8d3a3_hq.jpg

[/div]
Breaking light entered the scene. Warmth. Inori peered over to find Sukutse sitting beside her in an abnormally calm fashion. Immediately, her face lit up with relief and joy, which then shifted into sudden embarrassment, leading her to resume to keep her head down. Her hair draped over her knees like a thin blanket, as if shielding her from the world.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to pay you back somehow but I couldn't get him..." Inori mumbled in shame, referring to the run-away feline. She adjusted her head towards Sukutse's direction, trying not to make eye contact with him. She must have disappointed him. "I didn't get to finish the food either. I'm sorry."

At the realization that guilt was beginning to flood her mind, Inori suddenly stood up in a swift motion, collecting back the color in her attitude. "I'll definitely get Mr. Cat for you!" Inori proudly stated, clenching both her fists in determination. Then after we're done, Sukutse will be praised for his hard work! The regalia hummed in satisfaction.

takki takki
[/div]

• Sukutse didn't feel angry, or disappointed at her. He wasn't feeling angry because of the unfinished food that he paid for. Normally, he would just scold her and forgive her after that, but he didn't. His mind was only saying one thing to whatever thought crosses his mind, I don't care about that. He positioned himself to relax while he was sitting down with her.

"It's okay. We'll find the lost cat after dinner and bring the animal to his home." He directly and confidently said to Inori.

And then, she swiftly stood up, and judging from her tone of voice and emotion, she became motivated and determined all of the sudden. A second ago she felt really down and disappointed at herself that she didn't get the cat, plus she was separated from him, which is something that she'd absolutely never do in her own will. What a sudden change of emotion. He thought, and he put it into words, into something more positive. "Now that's the Inori I know! After we finish the job, I'll let you pick where we'll eat dinner." He continued. "But, right now, do you remember where the cat has gone after you lost him?"

Last edited:
N2NOg8O.png

"You're not ugly, love!" blurted out Mori all of a sudden. She didn't want Saki to feel unwanted. Her free hand fidgeted with her overall's suspenders. The other hand was holding Saki's hand tightly; and Moriya herself was conjuring up an image of the the shrine in her mind, easing up her pace. She picture the place and its location, feeling her connection to it. It was as if the place was there in front of them. The little wooden Shinto shrine and its two torii—that symbolized the space between the mundane and the sacred—appeared on Mori's mind clearly. Not much time had passed by, really, just seconds; a God's mind worked like a charm when it pertained to sacred abilities. Most gods could teleport, and usually they did it faster than this: just in an instant; Mori wasn't that used to doing it, she liked walking and travelling, so she was somewhat rusty. "And... I know we just met but... I'm really glad to have you here, you know?" Mori said quietly, and just when she finished saying that, time stopped for a moment. Their minds were enveloped in some sort of hazy green forest, or a pasture; all seemed calm, just for a moment. Their bodies disappeared from the park and were transported in front of the first, concrete-made, torii of the Aomori Suwa Shrine. But they landed just on the side of it, on the grassy soil; well, indeed, Mori was rusty. Not to mention they fell on their backs, basically.

Last edited:
"You're not ugly, love!" Saki giggled a bit, before noticing just how tightly Morī was gripping her hand. She glanced at her new friend, wondering if she was okay. Moriya looked distracted by something, but before Saki could even begin to ask a question she started talking again, quieter than before.

"And... I know we just met but... I'm really glad to have you here, you know?"

Tears didn't even get the chance to form in her eyes, with everything seemingly freezing in place. The world around them suddenly seemed very green, and she thought she could make out trees. It was nice and warm and peaceful here, and-

...suddenly she was looking up at the sky. "...Eh?" It took the disoriented Saki to realize she was on her back, alongside Morī. She sat up and rubbed her back a bit, glancing around them. Was this still the park? No... this is diffferent! For a few minutes, she forgot that she had died. She forgot all the little self deprecating thoughts that had been creeping up on her. She forgot that she'd probably never be able to interact with people.

All that mattered was that she was alive and here now, and someone cared about her.

And that person was apparently an amazing badass who could teleport.

3e956beeb66eb72afd3d9d618a16be1abdf8d3a3_hq.jpg

[/div]
"Now that's the Inori I know! After we finish the job, I'll let you pick where we'll eat dinner." Sukutse confidently assured. "But, right now, do you remember where the cat has gone after you lost him?"

"Hmm.... due to the calculations of our timing, I'd say he went that way." Inori gestured in a direction. The path led straight through a busy shopping district near a secluded shinto shrine and various other public transportation services.

Inori then balanced on the balls of her feet in a playful manner, transitioning into a carefree ballerina twirl. The soles had remained strangely unaffected by the vile grime of the streets. The rich aura of her presence contrasted greatly to the unsaturated environment around her. Her face, remained fair and unwavered. She looked almost out of place — artificial. She hummed a light tune to herself as she processed Sukutse's suggestion in her head about dinner. Dozing off in her own collections of thoughts, Inori came to a sudden halt in her movement.

"Hey, I hear there's a koi pond there too! Maybe he wanted to get something to eat?"

takki takki
[/div]

Last edited:
Moriya lay on the grass for a moment looking at the trees above them that contrasted with the clear sky. She fumbled around with her hand, trying to feel Saki's; as she didn't, she turned to the side: there she was, of course. She gave a sigh of relief and starting getting up as Saki was doing so too. "Ah, Saki, what did you think? Wasn't it cool? I'm a bit rusty still..." she got a bit flustered as she waited for her answer, though her face seemed to be of excitement if to say the least. It wasn't that she wanted to show off, she just thought it'd be nice to show her new partner about her abilities. She was thinking about how hyped up would Saki be when she knew she could transform into a weapon, which, now that she thought of it, she didn't know which yet.

"Ah, Saki, what did you think? Wasn't it cool? I'm a bit rusty still..."

Saki had to force herself not to bounce up to Morī and start gushing about how exciting this was, although she couldn't stop the little squeal in her voice when she started speaking, "Cool? That was awesome!" She resisted the increasing urge to run up to the shrine, to look at and take in everything, although it was difficult. Saki took her time for once, trying to show a little respect. Her gaze trailed up and down the torii before her eyes settled on the shrine once more, and then she looked back to Moriya. "Is this where you live?" She asked, her eyes lighting up as she did her best to stay focused on the conversation.

"Cool? That was awesome!"

Morī was so glad she was beaming. She looked over at Saki who was trying to take everything into sight. This shrine was quite an unknown one, hidden among the many Buddhist shrines of the area. Moriya always rested here when in Aomori-shi, she had made friends with the Deity who lived here after she helped them fix their garden. Gradually she started to come over more frequently, and she had even planted some plants on here, including a blueberry bush. He who lived here could seem a little distant most of the time, but he was well-meaning; unfortunately, Moriya felt that he was absent at the moment.

"Is this where you live?"

"Oh, no, no," she stated, "this is an old friend's home. He's out, it seems. But do feel at home. Let's go in and gather my things, just a backpack full of books and some herbs, basically. And there's a blueberry shrub I planted that must've some by now, you'll love them!" Moriya said, and started heading towards the entrance slowly, waiting for Saki, gesturing to her by stretching out her hand to her.

• "Hmm.... due to the calculations of our timing, I'd say he went that way." Inori pointed in a direction. She may sound legitimate, but he knows best. Timing doesn't have anything to do where the cat has gone... With that aside, he relied on Inori's instincts, since she knows animals better than him. The unification god followed his regalia towards the direction where she was pointing.

While Inori was playing, or dancing, whatever she was doing, Sukutse was shouting, "Mr. Cat, where are you?" Cats may not understand what she was saying, but it's at least worth a try. He was also observing his surroundings, just in case, there are cats around wandering the busy area. They were near a shrine of another god, but since Sukutse isn't considered a hostile god on Takamagahara, he knew that no one would bother him or his regalia. Plus, there are civilians around.

"Hey, I hear there's a koi pond there too! Maybe he wanted to get something to eat?" He gazed at Inori, and then he chuckled. "Cats don't eat raw fish, Inori, especially when they're still alive." And then, he suddenly imagined her saying, "But they're still food!"

"The cat shouldn't be far from here, considering the time that we've spent apart and the number of people. Just keep looking, maybe we'll find him."

Blueberries. Didn't Morī say she liked those? If she likes them, I imagine they're good! She squinted at the shrine, almost as if she was trying to see if anyone was home, which was a slightly pointless gesture. Shrugging, Saki trailed after Moriya, not taking her outstretched hand. I GOT THIS! She did fine on her own for the first few steps, but she must've gotten a bit cocky becau-

"Oww!"

...suddenly she was met with a face full of concrete. It wasn't her proudest moment, standing there holding her nose with tears streaming down her cheeks as she tried laughing everything off. She was a little grateful there weren't many people around- although they probably wouldn't have noticed her anyways. Saki carefully stepped to the side of the torii and shakily kept following Moriya, hints of a smile still gleaming in her eyes despite the pain blossoming in her face.

Last edited:
Yuuma Kobayashi
小林 悠真
Yuuma Kobayashi, or Kobe as he preferred to be called, was supposed to be present for one of his father's business meetings early tomorrow morning, but right now, he was having trouble breathing, both literally and figuratively. He was anxious, a little too anxious, but it wasn't as if he was scared of the prospects. He'd gone to his father's building so many times as a kid, he had the names of the committee members, the floor plan, and the location of every single vending machine that sold canned Pocari Sweat memorized. Rather, his heart was beating out of his chest because there was no way his father wasn't trying to make amends with him, so when he got the text message requesting he be in Tokyo, he excused himself from the karaoke bar and just started sprinting.

Surely, he had to dress nice. Kobe had a few suits in his closet, and he had a nice Hello Kitty tie that wasn't too flashy. Pops wouldn't like that, he told himself, but as much as he wanted to be on good terms, he really didn't care much about what his father thought regarding his attire. Then again, it didn't really matter what he wore if he didn't rest up. The train would take four, five hours, and he needed to get to Tokyo soon if he didn't want his beauty sleep to suffer. More importantly, he needed to pack. The more superstitious side of him refused to take part in any of that, though, before praying for good luck. He was near a shrine anyway, since he just passed shopping district.

When he arrived before the concrete Torii, he could've sworn he saw someone- no, two people- in his peripheral vision. They appeared almost out of nowhere; he wouldn't lie, he definitely jumped when he first saw them, but he turned his head, believing they were just there to pray like he was. Yet, his eyebrows furrowed, and he peered over at them a second time. Is she wearing a robe? It wasn't like wearing a kimono when visiting a shrine was out of the ordinary, but the girl seemed to just be wearing a robe. To each their own, he guessed. The other wore something entirely different, and Kobe wondered why she didn't join her friend in the festivities.

He was just there to pray, though, so he went back to his own devices and started walking towards the Torii. Kobe stopped, again, to see the robe-wearing woman walk right into the concrete gate. The chuckle he was about to let out turned into a short, concerned gasp when he saw the tears streaming down her face, and he hurried to get some tissues out of his school bag for her. With a colorful handkerchief in hand, his head rose, but no matter how many times he glanced around, he couldn't see the two girls anymore. He clutched onto the customized fabric, his fist as pale as his face. That couldn't have been a Yuurei.. No way! He paused. It definitely could've. She wore pure white clothing, which was reserved for priests and the dead. The lady with the green hair could've been a personified Hitodama! Sure, he was probably overthinking it, especially since he was the one with the gangly limbs and not her, but that didn't stop the shiver going down his spine.

Kobe fast-walked through the Torii, sticking to the side to appease whatever he might've just seen. He would definitely be praying for good luck and for safety from evil spirits.

mentioned: Svisttt Svisttt and Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006

Last edited:
Saki had not taken Morī's hand. She'll be alright, Moriya thought. Of course she'll be alright. As she walked along the torii path to the shrine, she heard a heavy thud sound just right behind her. She turned around to see Saki's face full of tears, shakily trying to follow behind her with a slight smile on her face. She noticed someone was looking at them, but how was that possible? He must've been confused, because he seemed to glance around with some tissues in hand, but then went on towards the shrine. Moriya paid no heed to it and just started overthinking. Is this my fault? This is my fault. I should've... She gasped of surprise and immediately went over to Saki and held her by the shoulders, looking up straight at her eyes. "I-I'm so sorry!" she said stammering a bit, with tears about to fall from her eyes. "Saki are you alright? Grab my hand if you need to... it's fine. I will do something 'bout that eye of yours, alright?" She fished around for some tissues in her jumpsuit's backpocket and handed them to her. Agh, how would Moriya even be able to take care of Saki if they ever got attacked. Moriya couldn't even take care of Saki just now in such normal circumstances, what would they do then? Furthermore, Moriya was so worried that she wouldn't trust her; it was probably a nonsense worry: Saki hadn't shown but friendliness to her, but she wasn't sure how to deal with people most of the time, how they thought or what they'd think about her. Maybe she was just overreacting. Ah, she had so many doubts inside her head she couldn't think clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back