• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Corrupted World

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

takki

Bringer of Stars and Caretaker of Seals
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
. . .

Last edited:
  • Sukutse and his Regalia, Inori, were walking down the busy street in the afternoon, hoping to find something interesting. He never received a job since early morning today, so it was quite worrying. He was already done cleaning his one and only shrine, located near the border of the city. After an hour of walking, he finally gave up, and sat on an empty bench. The day was already half-boring for him, but right now, he was on the mood to slay some Ayakashi in the city. He yawned and asked Inori, "When are we going to get the first job of the day, Inori?" He continued. "The day's hot, and doing something can kill the heat."

Interaction: Soulless Soulless - Inori

[div class=fyurimain][div class=gradient][/div]
[div class=headermain]Inori
3e956beeb66eb72afd3d9d618a16be1abdf8d3a3_hq.jpg

[/div]
[div class=text][div class=txtheader][/div]
Inori sat beside Sukutse, crossing her small legs atop the worn empty bench. She bit her thumb anxiously as her eyes fixated on the current manga she was reading, mumbling to herself all sorts of gibberish she read on the pages. She'd been reading for hours now. There hadn't been a single job opening this morning. Although, it wasn't really unusual for a day to go like this. Another day with Sukutse. Being bored with Sukutse, then repeat. Was that all what Inori's existence was?

Inori ignored the loose thought, transitioning back into her reading. In the scorching heat under the warm sun, there wasn't anything better but to read a robust story line about human-eating ghouls. Inori held the manga carefully up to her face to block the sun's rays till she could only see the manga's contents, the ink to the paper, the dedication of writer and artist, and the sorrow illustrated on the collections of pages. She turned the page, shaking her knee in anticipation. The blue haired girl listened to the god in which she served, eyes completely focused on the current page she was on in her manga. "Wouldn't doing something in the heat cause more heat?" She asked in a confused tone then trailed off to answer the god's question, looking up at the sky as she contemplated. "Ah! I grabbed this lost cat flyer I found in the police station earlier. Apparently there's a nice elder lady who hasn't been able to find her cat the last few days." She pulled the crumpled flyer out of a grocery bag, handing it to Sukutse.
takki takki
[/div]
[/div][div class=fyuricredit]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
  • Wiping off the sweat from his face, he responded back to Inori, "Um, well, it's better than not doing something." He leaned on his Regalia's head, trying to take a peek at what she's reading. Apparently, it isn't something that interests him, so he stopped reading it. As he was about to suggest something to Inori, she pulled out the crumpled flyer she was talking about. "Since when did you have this?" He continued. "Well, even if I wanted to, I can't grant people's wishes without their payment-" And, suddenly, his phone rang, which indicates a job for them. "Finally..."

Sukutse answered, "Hello! This is-" And, without even finishing what he said, the person already responded back. Whoever's on the phone sounded like a worried elderly lady. "I'd like you to find my cat. He's, he's about this big, and he has stripes with a color that matches an orange, I forgot the color's name, and the rest of his fur is fully white. My grandson just handed it over to me, so I didn't get the chance to even name it. Please find it." And then, the elderly lady hung up the phone without even giving him a chance to speak again.

He hid his phone in his pocket and snatched the crumpled flyer out of Inori's hand. "An elderly lady lost her cat, huh...?" He uncrumpled the flyer and the cat matches the color of what the lady had described him. "Perfect timing, Inori. It's a good thing you picked up this flyer. Why is it crumpled, though?" While waiting for her response, he was already getting ready for the job.

Soulless Soulless - Inori​

[/div]
Inori looked up at Sukutse, not minding his intrusion into her personal space. As he leaned his head onto her's, scanning over her manga's contents, she felt at peace with his presence, regardless of how little she knew about him. With him with her in this irregular-events of a world, Inori felt like she wasn't alone, that she had a family, a place to belong to. She really just couldn't think about her life or afterlife without him. She closed her eyes, finding peace in the warm company of the god, taking herself back to the time when she first came into this world.
spirit_bunny_school_project_by_felizz-d8pvvc5.png

What was it like again? The acception of truly not being wanted, of being alone. It was a dark, cold world. Inori, who was a small stray spirit who'd wander the continuous plains of the far shore wondered about the world around her. Why was she here? Who was she? Inori had asked these questions every second of her existence, waiting for an answer from no one. It was until she heard a voice calling out in the in the darkness, speaking the words that bounded her to a new purpose. Inori. "Ino-ri." She repeated the words back carefully. "I'm... I'm Inori." She looked at the figure before her, as tears blocked her vision, trickling down her face. Her voice remained silent, unable to put into words the overwhelming emotions she was experiencing in the moment.
tumblr_ooq4s2QSBQ1ub9qlao1_500.gif

The pecking at the ground of nearby pigeons brought Inori back to reality. She looked at the god, smiling cheekily as he asked about the flyer. "Anything for the great Sukutse! Are you happy? I found it while I was waiting for you outside the bathroom earlier. And then I saw a giant chicken person! I tried following him but he got away on a bike thing. Then, I looked at the nearby coffee shop window and saw the cat on the flyer!" Inori exclaimed with enthusiasm. She tried her best to listen to the conversation between Sukutse and the unknown caller after he had picked up his phone. Following his actions, Inori looked at the flyer in Sukutse's hand joyously. "Hey...Look how cute he looks!" The blue haired regalia pointed to the picture of the feline.
B-h4ShLCAAACyID.jpg

takki takki .
[/div]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
4qIkjXr.jpg

It was mid-May and Moriya had ended up, not coincidentally, travelling further and further north in order to witness the cherry blossoms—the Sakura—in their full beauty. She winded up passing the night in the Aomori Suwa Shrine, near the Komagome River, and was now sauntering along the Gappo Park, all around her were Sakura petals: scattered about in the ground, in the tree branches, slowly making circles in the air, in intricate patterns, until they were welcomed again by the soil. The sun shone down upon the trees. The atmosphere was peaceful, not many people were yet awake—it was around 5 am. The trees and the flowers were content in Morī's presence. In truth, she had been called here by people who were worried about the state of the Sakura, yet thankfully, all seemed to be alright.

Morī was wearing a linen grey green baggy overall with a turquoise shirt below it, along with some simple light brown espadrilles with greenish socks; on her head, a beret [x]. It was casual, comfortable clothing that she liked to wear. Guess this is fine then. She plopped herself down in the grass, closing her eyes. She lay there for a while, but she felt an uneasiness, as if something had to be righted and she couldn't get it off her mind; she looked around everywhere but no one was there. Unless... she glanced at the Apple tree she had just in front of her. The Fuji Apples were in full maturity, she grabbed one—Thanks for the meal, friend.—and nibbled on. The sensation of disquietude grew stronger the more she looked at the apple tree. "What is it, r--" Out of the blue, a single Apple Blossom levitated in the air. Someone's lost soul. She seems... sad. Should I bring her back into this world? "Listen, uhm, cutie, I'm not sure if I should--if I myself am someone--" Memories of her mother flooded her mind. Inquire (...) explore (...) interact. Mother, should I? It's just-- Her mother's smile.

yNRUG0R.jpg
Morī traced precisely on the air a Kanji, that glowed green. "Thou, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return, I shall grant thee a place to belong. My name is Morī. Bearing a posthumous name, thou shall remain with us. With this name, thee will be my companion. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia. Thou art Saki... As Shinki, Taka... Please come forth, Saki." Her voice was fast and rigid as first, but then she continued with a very calm and sweet tone.

Only in books had Moriya seen how a Shinki appeared and what to do in order to make them 'alive' again. But she had never experienced it first-hand. Tears rolled down her eyes. A bullet. She wasn't prepared for this... gloominess. This sorrow that was brought by the overflow of memories. Anger and fear. How she lived. How she died. Why she was here. Her memories and her Shinki's intertwined. They became a haze, a blur in her unstable mind. She couldn't bear them both at first. She wasn't sure she got everything correctly, yet she couldn't help but cry at what this girl had gone through. It was overwhelming. As Saki was shaped into life again, she on instinct hugged her tightly. "Ah..."

Last edited:
  • Sukutse felt something odd within him, but he wasn't fazed by that. Instead, he thought about it quietly. Inori's remembering the time when I first gave her a name, huh...? That was close. If Inori even gets the thought of where she came from, her curiosity would rule her. Sukutse would do everything to keep her interested in the modern world, to keep her from even trying to find out what her real name is, which is a god's greatest secret. With that aside, they seemed to be having fun. "Of course, I'm happy. And, a giant chicken person...?" He tried to imagine what it looks like while riding a bike. Is it a person dressed as a chicken, or a chicken dressed as a person? The second one is scary enough, he thought.

As Inori looked at the photo of the cat in the flyer, he responded to her, "Well..." I can't argue with her, but this isn't even cute. It almost slipped out of his mouth, but he continued, "This cat is quite unique-looking. We may be able to find him." Sukutse teleported a coin from his shrine to his hand. "Your wish has been heard..." He threw the coin upwards. "Loud and clear." He continued as he caught the coin in mid-air. The first job of the day. Exciting. He thought sarcastically.

Interacted: Soulless Soulless - Inori​

Last edited:
sakii.jpg

Everything was black.

It wasn't terrible. It wasn't good. It was merely nothing, after a whole lot of something that seemed to escape any hope of reaching it. It was... soothing, in a way. No worries, no dreams to strive for, no pain- just wandering in the dark alone. Though those things were a little inconceivable at this point, there had to be more than this, right? There had to be more than just nothingness and echoes of somethings that didn't belong to her.

"Come forth, Saki."

A voice, and then more somethings. Lights, colors, sounds, scents...

It was beautifully terrifying.

Saki.
The girl repeated the word to herself. Is that my name? It took her a moment to realize a child- no, a woman, was clinging to her, tears streaming down her cheeks. She wasn't sure why, but she started crying too. Crying for the unexplainable warmth and happiness that overwhelmed her, crying for the sights that blurred together in her vision. She supposed she was crying for the woman who seemed oh-so sad, too. The tearful, doe-eyed girl looked around, like a child seeing the world for the first time. Everything on one side looked melted- Saki decided that was normal as she gazed around, before her sights rested on the green-haired person holding her. She was much shorter than Saki, but the embrace still felt oddly motherly.

She decided she liked this feeling.

Saki awkwardly patted the girl's back, not sure who was comforting who and why. Why were they crying again? Sniffling and wiping her eyes on the sleeve of her robe, Saki asked with a little laugh that seemed to mix together with a choked sob, "Are we okay?"

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006

byPMS8J.jpg

Moriya had brought nothing—not her books, not her herbs, not her seeds—yet the park still felt grateful and brought a lost soul to her. What was it: right, or wrong? Or simply a decision? The birds were chirping all around the cherry blossoms and the apple trees; many more flew over the tall cypresses. The sun started illuminating stronger on the spot in which they were, while Saki's greenish glow set the pace. The winds were calm, there was a strange quietude in the park: a solitude in which only they two seemed to matter, enveloped by a pink and red and green ambience.

Moriya's head was looking down, her tears falling gracefully on the grass. The hug lasted a long time. Lost in her thoughts and memories—her mother's garden, a deathbed, a life that wasn't hers—, Morī found herself mumbling all the way through it; mostly unconnected, incoherent, words: "Mother... Anew... Decision... Sorry..."--"Are we okay?" Saki's words brought her mind to a halt. Morī felt a sad yet more giggly tone in the girl's voice. She pulled out slowly—reluctantly—from the hug. It had been... a while since she felt such intense human contact. She took a good look at Saki. Short, brownish hair. Nice style. Green eyes, one mistier than the other, I can feel it in our bond, too. We'll have to do something about that.

"I'm sorry. I... we are now. Nothing, just, the shock, you know?" said Moriya intermittently, not knowing how to convey to Saki what she was now; looking at her intently in the eyes. This is awkward. "Have an apple, will you?" she pronounced in a reassuring tone, as she grabbed a Fuji Apple from the tree now at her right and extended her hand towards Saki. "Do you--remember anything?" she didn't want to rush it much nor to shock Saki more than she already was, so she started with an easy question, or so it seemed to her as she adjusted her green beret more comfortably, tilted her head a bit, and fixed her gaze on Saki.

Saki took the apple, turning it around in her hands before taking a little bite out of it. Everything was starting to feel a little more familiar to her, like she'd experienced everything already in a dream. But I don't think I've ever had a dream. Or slept. What's a sleep? Does it taste good? Words of things she didn't quite understand kept surfacing in her mind, and Saki wondered for a minute why she knew certain things but didn't know others.

She didn't know what the woman meant by "the shock," and was a little taken aback by the stares she was being given. Did she have a bit of apple stuck in her teeth? Still, when she asked that weird little question Saki answered honestly, not really seeing a reason to lie to someone so innocent looking. "Nothing particularly stands out... why? Should I? I'm not an amnesiac, am I?" Saki didn't think she was, because that would be silly. Unless, she really was an amnesiac and finding the idea of being one absurd was just a symptom of it. Did that even make sense? Maybe not, but that was okay. Saki didn't know why she trusted this person, but she felt safe with her.

Everything would be okay. Whatever everything was, at least.

[/div]
"Really?" The young girl's expression gradually lit up with glee. Her blue eyes twinkled, eager to meet the feline as if she'd never met such a mystic being. The job wasn't the most grand but it was good to be grateful for what they had. She waited for Sukutse, to dictate the next actions that would initiate their next journey.

"Your wish has been heard..." Sukutse had said, throwing up a teleported coin from his shrine. "Loud and clear."

Inori allowed the god to finish his daily coin ritual before gently tugging on his sleeve to get his attention. Looking up at Sukutse, she then lowered her tone of voice. "U-um..." Inori hesitated as if she were contemplating on what would be the kindest way in order to get her point across. "Can we get something to eat first?" She finally asked, mentally preparing herself if her suggestion were to be rejected. "I mean — it's okay if we don't. I'm not hungry or anything." She put on an awkward smile to assure him of her sincerity. Until, the stomach beast that lied within her let out a roaring growl.

The young regalia took a few steps back in embarrassment. "Sounded like the wind maybe?" Mumbled Inori holding her long ocean-colored hair to cover her face.

takki takki
[/div]

"No, no," Moriya said, waving with her right hand to the side. Morī could feel the confused mind of her new protégé. "You see, uhm, you were a... wandering soul, you know, like--" Morī tried to recall a word that she would probably know at her age, "--a ghost! A lost spirit." And she looked eagerly at Saki, waiting for her to process what she had just said. But after some seconds, she realized she hadn't even presented herself!

So she lightly hit herself with her palm on the side of her head—her beret fell off, but she didn't realize—and immediately spoke, a bit desperate "Oh, what a mess! I'm so sorry. I haven't even talked about myself at all." she paused, clasped her hands, and went on, "You see, I'm, uh, a God. My name's Moriya, but you can call me Morī if you wish." She got overexcited and went on, "and you're--""may I?" she interrupted, and took Saki's right hand, showing her her wrist—"--Saki, you... see?" she trailed off and put on a smile to look at Saki. Well, Morī was indeed a mess when she eagerly wanted to get to know someone, since she hadn't done much of socializing when she lived with her mother. Her companion were always of the sort of nature. She hadn't even met many other Gods either.

• Sukutse felt someone tug him on his shirt. He looked at Inori, who was trying to look cute on purpose. What does she want? He thought curiously. He tilted his head when his blue-haired regalia said, "Can we get something to eat?" At her mention of 'eat', he didn't feel hungry at all. If his memory serves, an hour ago, they ate a restaurant for lunch, and an hour before that, he bought her two steamed chocolate buns. And suddenly, he heard her stomach growled loudly, begging for food. He silently laughed when she desperately tried to cover her embarrassment. Well, there's no stopping that pet beast in her stomach. He sighed, and he smiled.

Sukutse shrugged. "Oh well." And then, he nodded, "Sure. But, only food on the food stalls. We already had lunch approximately an hour ago." He scanned the area for any nearby food stalls, and he luckily found a couple good ones. "What do you want? Takoyaki, steamed buns, yakitori..." While speaking, he saw something that he hasn't visited ever since he made Inori his regalia. "Hey, hey, Inori. Want to go to that cafe?" He pointed at the building across the street. His eyes were sparkling and his mouth was already watering. It's been a while since he tasted their godly tasty and cold desserts.

"They have parfaits, iced coffee, fruit shake, crepes..." And a lot more food from the cafe's menu going on inside his head.

"Ghost?" Saki paused at that, letting the woman, who introduced herself as Moriya, continue talking. She didn't think a God would be so short, but she was pretty cute, if a bit aloof. Saki glanced down at her wrist as Morī took it, wondering why she'd ever get a tattoo of her own name. Maybe so she wouldn't forget it ever again. The kanji was pretty, and she traced over it lightly with her finger.

When Moriya finished talking, Saki's eyes trailed down to the ground. Then, out of no where she threw her arms up and yelped, "BOO!" The girl burst out laughing, nearly keeling over from her own horrible joke. If it could be considered that. After a quick little coughing fit, Saki calmed herself down, but still had a huge grin plastered on her face. "Get it? I'm... I'm Casper," Saki said, going into another fit of giggles.

She managed to contain her laughter long enough to ask another, slightly more serious question than her amnesiac question, "Yo, uh..." Saki paused, glancing down at herself, "...why am I wearing a robe in public? Where even are we?" She supposed there's worst things to wear in the middle of a park, and at least she was actually wearing clothes.

Moriya looked concerned as Saki went into two, nearly three, quite random fits of laughter. She was a bit surprised when she tried to half scare her, half make her laugh. Teens these days, I guess. Not that she really was that old, but she was indeed accustomed to a more 'traditional' way of life, although she had adapted well to new technologies. In fact, cellphones seemed to her to be incredibly useful for researching purposes, although she preferred to carry a tablet to have a bigger screen. Only now had she started to experiment with these new devices, but at the same time, she felt they were cold, addictive for people, and overall lacked connection with the earth; not to mention the fact that she hated the ever increasing urban lifestyle that Japan was deriving into.

"Uhm, I don't know what a Casper is, really." she said with a puzzling face, giving a light giggle. "As to why you're wearing a robe. I guess you must've really liked robes in your old life, since you came like this, you see?" she said while she brought her palms together and then released them to the sides, shrugging. "As to where we are..." She took a moment to point with her hand at the whole scenery, and take a good look at it again: the cherry blossoms bloomed splendidly, and they were near one of the few Apple Blossom's tree in the whole park—she could feel the trees in the soil, there were some nice chrysanthemums a few meters ahead, too, along with some cypresses. "Uhm, to be precise: we are in Japan, of course, Tōhoku-chihō, Aomori-ken, Aomori-shi, in a place named Gappo Park. It's a nice park. It's mid-May and I was observing the beautiful cherry blossoms when a certain Apple Blossom," she interrupted herself and pointed at Saki cheerfully—"that's you, yes!""called to me, and so I gave you a second chance; gave you a compass, if you will," and she added, "you could say this place is your new birthplace... and be grateful to it, you should, yesss." She spoke imitating an old voice in the last part, and then plopped herself to the ground again.

Last edited:

[/div]
Inori's eyes gleamed like a dog, approving of her master's proposition. At last, the stomach beast would be fed. Inori hummed in satisfaction.

"What do you want? Takoyaki, steamed buns, yakitori..." Asked the god. Now that Inori thought about it, what did she want? Before suggesting a place to eat, Inori had craved the delicious taste of Onigiri from that one drug store the two visited when they had to recover from fighting some nearby phantoms. However, there was also those tasty chocolate buns that Sukutse had just gotten her two hours ago. "Hey, hey, Inori. Want to go to that cafe?" Sukutse interjected her thought, pointing at the building across the street which he referred to as a "cafe".

Cafe. Isn't that like the place where manga characters eat all those shiny illustrated pastries and dishes? Inori contemplated, before looking up at Sukutse to observe his eyes sparkling and mouth watering as he viewed the cafe from afar.

Sukutse continued to explain to Inori "They have parfaits, iced coffee, fruit shake, crepes..." Inori's mind wandered, trying to keep up with Sukutse's worded meals.

"Um..." She hesitated, thinking in concentration. "I want whatever Sukutse has." She stated, looking at Sukutse to express her dedication to her own words.

takki takki
[/div]

Last edited:
  • "I want whatever Sukutse has." said Inori. Sukutse's smile gleamed. "Alright! Let's go!" He held her hand on instinct since that's what he always does whenever he teleports somewhere. Even though the cafe is close enough for them to walk without tiring themselves, he didn't want to wait any longer. While holding his regalia's hand, he willed himself to be teleported on to the cafe. In a blink of an eye, everything turned white, and then, he found himself on the entrance of the cafe. He entered the cafe, still holding Inori's hand. They took an empty table, and read the menu.

While he was looking at the menu, he can feel his stomach say Feed me... But it wasn't as aggressive as Inori's stomach beast. "You said you'll have what I have, right?" He asked her.

Last edited:
Saki wiped away a tear and let out one last giggle before lying down in the grass. "Casper's like, uhm..." The girl held her arms up and spread them apart a bit, then dropped them, "Baby ghost. From a movie." Not the best explanation, but it'd work. Saki... That means blossom, right? Was she a flower? No, I have arm noodles. She sat up as Moriya explained where they were- Gappo Park, and explained how she came to be. So she was a flower! Saki looked at all the melty, wax-like cherry blossoms and smiled at Moriya's corny Star Wars reference. "How d'ya know Star Wars but not Casper? I guess both are classics, but..." Saki shrugged and lied down in the grass again, squinting against the sun's light.

The reality of what had happened had only just started to hit her. She had died. Saki was actually a little in doubt of that- her heart was beating, wasn't it? She even placed a hand over her chest, just to be sure. But... if what Moriya said was true, and she died and she was brought back, what was the purpose of that? She was insignificant compared to just about everyone around- no, where'd that thought come from? "Why am I here?" Saki asked, most of the happiness in her voice gone.

[/div]
Sukutse teleported in a flash, taking Inori with him. In less than a second, Inori blinked her eyes to find both herself and Sukutse in the cafe. Inori slightly wobbled, adjusting to the newfound environment. She was seated with Sukutse at an empty table. Amongst her, were several crowds comprised of highschool students, who were most likely friends hanging out with each other after a long day of academic work. Inori remembered seeing a scene just like this in a couple of manga she read. Except, in this case, the scene in front of her was filled with splashes of color, the warmth of company, and the enticing smell that lingered in the air. It was captivating yet overwhelming.

Inori viewed the menu, mimicking Sukutse's actions. Cookies. Mochi. Daifuku. Crepes. Sweet steamed buns. Sandwiches. Inori stared at the photographed meals in fascination before turning her head to observe the intricate details around her. Across the room were pastries encased behind stainless glass, displayed in a very orderly fashion and designed in any shape you could imagine. It almost looked like a mini colorful town. Inori looked everywhere in awe, admiring the view before her, looking like a child taken to the candy store.

original.gif

"You said you'll have what I have, right?" Inori drew her attention back to Sukutse after he had asked her. Inori nodded in agreement, determined as if she was ready to unlock the secret powers of the universe.

Beside the table , consisted of a larger group of people: a child, two adults, and an elder man and woman. They were smiling and laughing with each other, talking about how was work and how was school. Or sometimes, they'd just eat and listen to the words that came out of each other's mouths, all the while still inserting a laugh here and there. The sight caused a question to stir in Inori's mind.

"Hey Sukutse... do you have special people? People that you laugh and smile with?"

takki takki
[/div]

• Sukutse looked at his Regalia, and she seemed to be having fun. He was happy about that, and she suddenly asked a question. "Hey, Sukutse... do you have special people? People that you laugh and smile with?" She blinked at Inori's question. It's not something that makes him think, so he immediately shook his head. "Gods are born from people's wishes, and their wishes keep us alive. There are gods that lived for over a thousand years. I'm just a new god was born two years ago. Before I gave you a name, Me and H-" No, said his mind.

"I was all alone before I gave you a name, I mean." He continued, and he realized he was getting out of the question. "Ahem, as to the answer to your question, the special people equivalent to us gods are Regalias. And, the special people equivalent to Regalias are the gods that they serve. Together, they make a fairly powerful pair." That was close, said his mind. Shut up, Sukutse replied to his mind.

He called a waitress and said, "Um, we'll have two chocolate pudding parfaits and two cheesecakes topped with strawberries and blueberries. That's all." He quickly said all of that, and the waitress didn't tell him to repeat all of that. The waitress took their order and left.

Soulless Soulless

[/div]
"Eh? So gods and regalias can have people like that too..." Inori smiled to herself, happily humming as she swayed side-to-side cheerfully.

Inori then watched as Sukutse called a waitress and quickly ordered an assortment of beautifully worded sounding desserts. Looking across to Sukutse, Inori stared at him in curiosity. Whenever she was with him, the world seem so much clearer and brighter. It was as if he was a burning flame, thawing the cold emptiness of oblivion. Yet, there was little Inori truly knew about him. He was obviously a god but besides that, Inori wanted to know who he was as a person. How did he feel about the other gods? What was his favorite color? Did he prefer sweet or savory? There were an infinite amount of questions that Inori wanted to ask. It wasn't that she couldn't do it, it was just that she was afraid of being a nuisance to the person who has been looking after her. What if Sukutse didn't want her anymore? What if he left her?

Inori shook the thought. It was best not to dwell on superstitious things like that. After all, she was already happy just being in the now. As long as Sukutse was happy, Inori would be happy too.

Before turning her attention away from Sukutse, she suddenly realized she had forgotten something. Scrambling through their bag of miscellaneous items, Inori pulled out a clasped hand. "Hey... close your eyes and open your hands."

takki takki
[/div]

Moriya let Saki talk and placed her attention on her and all her little movements; she noticed the girl ranged from carefree to almost melancholic, in short bursts of emotion, one after the other. Saki looked at the cherry blossoms while she smiled at Moriya's corny reference. But then, Moriya saw Saki was placing her hand on her heart--"Why am I here?" Saki's words were tinted with a feeling of worthlessness. Her words left Morī dumbfounded for a moment. Moriya could feel Saki's doubts deep within her own self. Both Saki, and now Moriya, were filled with self-doubt. But whether my decision was right doesn't matter right now, she told herself. In an attempt not to fuel Saki's indecisiveness into a dangerous path, Morī purposefully changed into a more cheerful mood and spoke in a sweet reassuring voice, "Nature called you, you see. She called me to bring you back. You are important. I couldn't have asked for a better partner, you know?" The two were lying in the grass, and she immediately grabbed one of Saki's hands while she spoke this. In a more chatty tone, she rapidly added, "And Star Wars, with my mother I saw it, yes," she laughed and turned her face to Saki, trying to lift her mood.

• Sukutse tried to peek at what his blue-haired regalia is trying to get in her bag. If he can remember, everytime she finds a lost item or something that catches her eye, she always put it there. I wonder what she's trying to get...? He curiously thought."Hey... close your eyes and open your hands." She told him. "Um, sure." He said as he did what Inori had told him. He closed his eyes, put his hands on the table, and opened it. He was a little excited about what's going to happen next.

Soulless Soulless

I'm important?

Happiness bubbled up within her at that, and another smile spread across her face when Morī called Saki her partner. Saki'd only just met her, but Morī spoke like they'd known each other for awhile. It was a little peculiar, but it was nice at the same time. It was almost like she was simply having a conversation with an old friend she'd hadn't seen in a long time.

When Morī held Saki's hand, she laughed a bit and squeezed the other girl's hand slightly, before letting her grasp go loose. "I dunno how I managed to watch Casper and Star Wars..." She trailed off for a moment before saying, "I just remember liking Yoda." Her mind wandered briefly, trying to recall details about the movie, but finding they seemed to slip away from her. Oh well.

"So... ahm... what now?"

Last edited:

[/div]
Inori carefully watched Sukutse close his eyes, confirming that his eyes were indeed shut. Thank goodness he complied with her. Inori anxiously stood in place, slowly reaching her hand out to Sukutse's. Enveloping his hand with her's, Inori plopped the unknown item in Sukutse's palm. She then backed away in her seat, awaiting the god's reaction.

latest

A star. It was small, yet shined immensely within the rays of light.
"I always see you using your phone for client calls so I thought you'd like a good luck charm to decorate it..."

takki takki
[/div]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back