• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Noragami: Corrupted World

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
[div class=fyurimain][div class=gradient][/div]
[div class=headermain]Inori
tumblr_oam5apVbfJ1u0dwxeo1_500kk.png

[/div]
[div class=text][div class=txtheader][/div]
Inori only gave a slight nod to Sukutse's now-clarified plan. She hoped that returning the cat would be quick. They could have a meal and be done. It would be quick, done, and the day would come to a close. She repeated these thoughts in her head. After all, whenever the sun was buried beneath the sky, the darkness was never her best friend.

Sukutse then interjected that thought. "If you're having a hard time carrying the cat, I'll carry it for you." He offered.

"It's okay..." Inori's voice faded out to a much quieter one. "It's just getting a little dark out." Attempting to avoid eye contact with Sukutse, she turned her gaze to her feet, continuing to clutch onto the cat's layers of furry fat her grasp. "I like fluffy things." She added, nuzzling her chin in the layers of cat fur.

takki takki
[/div]
[/div][div class=fyuricredit]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
  • aaa.jpgSukutse heard a faint thud from a distance. Probably coming from the trees, just near the shrine. He felt a new presence enter the area, and it wasn't a normal one. It probably belongs to a strong phantom. He looked above, but there were neither flying phantoms nor hellishly big phantoms. "Kiki, come forth." And with that command, Inori loss all her features. Her whole body glowed in a light blue-ish tint, and 'she flew' into his dominant hand. His right hand, specifically. She turned into a sword. Seconds passed, and Inori, as a vessel, started to glow. He caught the cat with his free hand mid-air before it can touch the ground and escape once more.

Sukutse started to walk casually towards the woods. That way, whenever someone decides to ambush him from all directions, he can quickly sense them and parry their attack. Since he's holding a cat on his other hand, he can't control her very well. He's easy to disarm when caught off-guard. "We're entering the woods. Inori." Sukutse reminded her. The only things that were illuminating some parts of the forest were his regalia and the moonlight.

Right now, his senses were on high alert. The sound of the wind blowing above the trees and his feet stepping on the grass were the only things making noise, but the presence was still there. He saw a figure that ran out of the corner of his eye. From that moment, he could say that the figure was as equally tall as him. He slashed on the direction where the figure had gone, but nothing seems to be there. The blade cut off a branch that made a moderately loud noise as it hit the ground.

Soulless Soulless
    Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Svisttt Svisttt Valefar Valefar (I guess also you three..?)

Last edited:
Morī wiped some tears off her face and tried to regain her composure looking at the weapon Saki had turned into. "Incredible! You're a beautiful Kusarigama! Perfect!" chirped Morī as she now relaxed for a bit, looking at Saki's weapon form. She looked briefly at the tiny forest down there but couldn't spot any phantom, or any being whatsoever; the night had fallen down on them without them really noticing. She could feel the presence; in fact, she could feel someone else's presence too, but she couldn't spot either of the two of them. Her concentration still wasn't the best after all the train of feelings from before. "Oh! I told you... didn't I? You can turn into a weapon if I call you by your name's Onyomi reading!"

They were connected with their minds now, but it was still a new place for both of them, a bit hazy. Morī hoped Saki could keep up with her movements to strike down their enemy, for both their well-beings; she knew she wasn't good at fighting, but she could try her best wielding a Saki that required precise movements. Her mother had always told her she had extraordinarily exact and graceful movements—especially with her hands. Still, being fairly new to wielding Takki, she wasn't sure what they would be able to achieve. Not that she liked battling much, either; she'd never do it willingly in order to hurt someone; if anything, just to practice her movements. Not that she wanted to call up some trees for help either, as that would drain her a lot. All she wanted was to eat berries with Saki under the Sakura trees. How stressful.

Yuuma Kobayashi
小林 悠真

Kobe had started to believe he had overstayed his welcome, especially after the previous interaction. If that Mori girl was a shrine maiden, he probably wouldn't show his face around the area without feeling majorly embarrassed, and even if she wasn't, he didn't want to cross paths with her or her friend, Saki, again. Just thinking about the interaction made his face burn.

Gramma stood from her stool the same moment he did, but she headed in the opposite direction, towards the exit Mori and Saki used. Doesn't that lead into the woods? Kobe began to remember all the Western tales his brother told him about, about the witches in the forest that'd draw unsuspecting children in.. Luckily, Kobe was a very suspecting teenager. At times. He was, however, remarkably curious. There had to be something going on out there. Kobe followed her through the heiden, passed the offertory hall, and finally reached the honden. The honden? I shouldn't be back here. Despite his thoughts, his feet kept moving forward.

He had finally arrived at the garden.. Kobe found himself so entranced by the beauty of the garden- with its plentiful amount of trees, two carrying fruit, the blooming flowers, and the abundant blueberry shrubs- that he almost didn't mind the fact he lost sight of the old woman. He couldn't even see either of the girls from before, Mori and Saki.

Ah.. She was, she was right in front of me. How could I have-?

He could hear voices, though. Disembodied voices. He turned his head and looked for the perpetrator but found no one.

Definitely not sane.

(tagging uhh, everyone?) Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Svisttt Svisttt takki takki Soulless Soulless

[/div]
Before she could say anything else, Sukutse had spoke the words that hit her. "Kiki, come forth." Inori's figure suddenly dispersed into several shards of light. She blinked, opening her eyes to the sight of the familiar white open plane surrounding her. Shockingly, the cat that she was previously holding was miraculously caught by Sukutse's god-like reflexes. She stood tense, allowing herself to grow accustomed to the sudden transformation.

In this form, she was now a weapon, a sacred vessel to protect her master. Her sharpened blade sliced in a certain direction, alluding to a possible threat. "Hey... what's wrong?" She asked in a concerned tone. Whatever it was that Sukutse sensed, it was definently more sinister than the usual enemies they've dealt with. Usually weak phantoms would just randomly pounce on you on instinct. However, this time it seemed like the creature had a different mindset. The aura of the unknown being blended within the enviroment of the forest. Strangely, there was also a slight heaviness in the air that Inori could make out. It was— a lot like the heaviness she felt when she was near Sukutse. She was positive that this aura being emitted did not come from a mortal being.

takki takki
[/div]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background-image: url(https://i.pinimg.com/originals/33/d9/e8/33d9e832389ca3fc3c8dad9df6135910.jpg); background-size: 100%; background-position: 0% 20%; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Megrim', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div]

Last edited:
"M-Mo... I feel like I'd remember if you told me I could turn into a kusarigama..." Saki mumbled, peering at the white plane she was in. She sort of liked it here- there wasn't very much to take in and everything was just a singular color. Nothing looked horribly warped or disfigured, and though she was pretty used to all that already it was still a little... frustrating?

That aside, all this was still a bit confusing. She saw nothing, but perceived practically everything. Like she was simply going through the things happening around her, just through Moriya. She could tell Mo' was standing still, and that they were somewhere up high, and Saki could feel an odd weight around the place. Tension? Dread? Whatever it was, Saki didn't like feeling so serious. "Mo~" she said softly, "d'you wanna hear a joke about paper...?" she paused, letting the question sink in, "Nevermind- it's-it's... too tearable." Saki finished, holding back a cackle, delighted at her own horrible dad joke.

After a little while, Saki could've sworn she heard a cracking sound, quickly followed by the sounds of something crashing. "Ah... Mo, did'ja hear that?" she asked, an edge in her voice.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006

Last edited:
"Guess I was just so excited I, uhm, forgot!" Moriya said mildly in an embarassed tone, still admiring the blade. She also noticed Saki started calling her 'Mo', which seemed pretty adorable to her.

Morii let out a small giggle. The joke was not particularly funny, but Morii appreciated the sentiment and couldn't help but giggle at Saki's try to lighten up the mood. She'd rather Saki be present so she could see her making dorky jokes, though; she wanted this to end as quickly as possible. As if on cue, a cracking sound was heard. But she needed not hear it, she felt it. She felt a tree branch being slashed. Mori knew that the enemy was probably trying to lure them on into the forest, but that was a grave mistake. The enemy seemed not to know who Morii was.

"I felt it, yes! They slashed a tree! Seems they're trying to lure us in, but that won't work as they plan. Let's attack head-on." she said as she was about to jump down to the foresty zone—"I'll guide your movements Saki, but you'll need to try and visualize the enemy and the surroundings quick, and strike, okay? I know that's not much help, I'm not exactly sure how all this works either, but I'm positive we'll figure it out together!"—she shouted excitedly and jumped down to the forest. As she fell with Saki in the air, she pinpointed exactly which tree had been cut and saw a man with some sort of katana-sword. She knew he had been the one to slash the tree and assumed he was the one who attacked them earlier with the dagger. Morii rushed head-on, hoping not to be seen; she landed on a tree and threw the Kusarigama's weight-end down towards the man's sword. "Coil around his weapon and let's draw it towards us if possible, Saki."

• aaa.jpg"Something's off." He said, answering his regalia's question. Sukutse noticed a change of a pace in the atmosphere. That 'phantom-like' presence got weaker, but it was still there. Definitely there. As if... it was watching. And he felt a new presence. It was something familiar, but it was more overwhelming than ever. It's something that he got the first time he entered Takamagahara with his previous regalia. A god. A god is here. He spoke in his mind. Inori would also hear it, too. And suddenly, he saw a pair of glowing white eyes from a distance. He couldn't make out its figure, but it was definitely a phantom. His mind wasn't messing with him, he was sure of it. It was smiling eerily, and it was exactly the same smile as the grandma from the shrine earlier. "Ino-" But he was distracted as a weapon dropped from a tree. At least, he thinks that it was a weapon. "Coil around his weapon and let's draw it towards us if possible, Saki." A girl's voice spoke from above. It was weird, since no ordinary person can climb from a tree undetected. If that wasn't weird enough, she called her weapon by a name. Saki.

It was enough to conclude that the girl above Inori and Sukutse was a god, and this weapon was a regalia. But, why was it picking a fight with him? The girl ordered her regalia to somehow get Inori separated from him. He struck his sword on to the hard soil, burying half of the blade. "Inori! Do it now!" Inori, as a vessel, glowed much brighter than before. "Hold on, Mr. Cat!" He put the cat under his shirt, where hopefully it wouldn't panic and scratch his stomach. He put both his hands on to the handle of his sword, bracing for mystic energy explosion. And if she did, some trees would be caught up in the process, uprooting them but not sending them away from the grove, and everyone around them, including Sukutse and Inori, would be sent flying, depending on how strong her explosion was. But, it would give him an opportunity to fight in an open area.

Last edited:
Oh, sugar! I should have said that... through my mind or something. Morii thought—Saki could hear too—as she watched the boy root his sword on the ground. It was glowing intensely. Morii didn't know what that would do, but she knew it meant danger. Get away from it Saki, come back! she shouted at Saki, deeply concerned for what could happen to Saki if she touched the sword, and trying to pull before Saki went on to the sword.

"I'll guide your movements Saki, but you'll need to try and visualize the enemy and the surroundings quick, and strike, okay? I know that's not much help, I'm not exactly sure how all this works either, but I'm positive we'll figure it out together!"

Saki did her best to have confidence in the both of them, and though she was... pretty sure Mo' knew what she was doing, Saki couldn't exactly say the same thing for herself. She hoped it'd be an instinctual kind of thing and everything would just come naturally, because she didn't think there was a book on how to not deeply disappoint your god. Or, your best friend.

She was relatively quiet as Mo guided them up into the trees, into the forest. She felt horribly paranoid, like anything could come after them at any moment. It was scary- but Saki wouldn't ever admit that. And then, everything felt like it was happening too quickly... suddenly there was a person, and she felt like that weight pressing on her body was stronger here now than how it was at the shrine. And then she was launched forwards, suddenly by herself with just a single goal given to her;

It might've been fun under different circumstances, flying through the air.

Focus. Saki urged herself, only just noticing the man had jammed his weird glowey sword into the ground. She heard Mo' yelling...? Thinking...? She heard Mo' tell her to get back, but it was bit too late. The weight end of the kusarigama coiled uselessly around the hilt of the man's weapon, clinking slightly as the blade fell against the other's.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 takki takki Soulless Soulless

[/div]
Sensing the unknown presence, Inori came to notice the incoming attack directed towards her and Sukutse. In the silence of the night, a weapon suddenly broke free from the tree above, along with the voice of a stranger. The weapon came just into touch with Inori. Before she could yell or scream to react, Sukuste had buried Inori's blade within the ground. "Inori! Do it now!"

"It"? Inori questioned herself before realizing what her master meant. In synchronization with Sukutse's grip on her hilt, Inori's blade's energy had begun to rapidly glow. She focused in meditation, feeling the sound and air around her. "Hadoken!" She yelled in enthusiasm.

giphy (5).gif

In seconds, bodies of energy rained down from the skies to collide around Sukutse. The winds had immensely increased, pushing everything in its path.

takki takki
[/div]

• aaa.jpgSukutse braced for the explosion. Putting all his strength on handle of the sword while the blade was buried on the ground, he hoped that he could at least handle the explosion now. He can feel the cat shuffling under his shirt, meowing and purring. It's making itself comfortable. That, it didn't mind him. But the weapon coiled around the hilt of the sword. He was absolutely sure that after seeing Inori glow, they'd retreat. It was a reckless move when the regalia coiled around the hilt of his sword. No, it was a very dangerous move. But, the coil was thankfully loose. While energy that seemed to appear from the sky collided around him, he desperately removed the weapon from the hilt of the sword. He threw it upwards where it came from on all his might, and everything exploded.

Sukutse was sent flying several feet in the air. On his right hand was Inori, and thankfully, he didn't release his grip on her. His other hand was holding the cat from under his shirt.. And judging from its movements, it seemed that the cat was slightly panicking. It poked its head outside his shirt, poking Sukutse's chin in the process. His right arm, which he used to fully brace himself from the impact, was emanating pulses of sharp pain. "It hurts...!" He complained, but he still didn't let go of his grip on the hilt of the sword.

In no time, he landed on the explosion area. He was stepping on a slightly big crater, with trees around them uprooted. It didn't look like the shrine near them was affected, though. But he was sure that anyone near the shrine could hear the explosion. For near-shore people, it would sound and look like a bomb just exploded on the spot. The cat was still poking its head outside his shirt, though.

Soulless Soulless Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Svisttt Svisttt Valefar Valefar

Morii watched as the Kusarigama's weight end coiled around the sword's hilt. She started pulling back right away, but promptly the brown-haired boy grabbed the chain and threw it back over to them. Why would he do that? Morii noticed the sword was glowing ever more intensely and a strong force was emaniting from it. An explosion! When she realised what was going to happen, she jumped over to where the weight-end was and hugged Saki. Even in weapon form, she wasn't sure what would happen if it broke, and she wouldn't let it be harmed in any way.

In mid-air Morii was when the explosion finally occured. It sent her flying away some meters apart and she managed only to gather up a relatively small pile of leaves to ease her landing. Upon landing, the first thing Morii managed to blurt out was: Saki are you alright!? She said looking at the Kusarigama, it looked like it hadn't been damaged much, Morii taking most of the damage. Mori did notice the trees were hurting, though, and she was determined to do something to help them, but she had to keep alert for if the boy wanted to strike them. He seemed to be still on the center of the crater, and she was still wondering why he had tried to save Saki, and why he hadn't throw any other dagger at them. Many trees were around him were uprooted.

Last edited:
Yuuma Kobayashi
小林 悠真

If the disembodied voices didn't horrify him enough, the second one just upright stopped. The first didn't, though, and was acting as if they'd been replied to. Kobe, despite his gut feeling, decided to continue his search for them. He really wasn't sure what to do, but he felt like he was missing something important. That's when he heard a.. giggle? Creepy. Another sound came from the forest. The voices he heard definitely weren't from there, so were there more people? Kobe could've sworn the only people out here were Gramma and the two women from earlier.

Wait. The two women from earlier! Kobe was suddenly certain that was who he was hearing, but that didn't ease his concern.

"I felt it, yes! They slashed a tree," he heard. How does someone feel that? Anyways, why would someone be slashing a tree?

"Seems they're trying to lure us in, but that won't work as they plan. Let's attack head-on." Uh oh. Kobe wasn't very fond of the word 'attack.'

"I'll guide your movements Saki." So it was the two girls from before! "But you'll need to try and visualize the enemy and the surroundings quick, and strike, okay? I know that's not much help, I'm not actually sure how all this works either, but I'm positive we'll figure it out together!"

Kobe was confused. Strike that, he was beyond confused. He was puzzled, absolutely clueless, and pretty sure he was senile. The boy had no idea what those words entailed, and he wasn't sure he wanted to know.

Footsteps.. above him? Kobe glanced up at the sky and saw the green-haired girl, Mori, jump from the roof and into the forest. How she got up there, he also didn't know, and how she made that leap, he was pretty sure she had to be hiding some intense muscles. She was holding in her hand a weapon, one he didn't recognize. That was definitely his cue to leave, or maybe he missed it earlier, but it was like he was glued to the ground. His mind wanted to be able to explain all of this to him, so everything in his being was telling him to follow her.

He didn't see where she landed, but he heard her say, "Coil around his weapon and let's draw it towards us if possible, Saki."

She was talking to her weapon like it was her pal from earlier. Kobe had to be hallucinating. Maybe he was the one who bumped his head in the Torii? He, for some reason unbeknownst to him, took a few steps forward, into the forest. "Inori! Do it now!"

Kobe could see a glow from the forest and then, blue light coming down from the skies. Scratch that.. from the heavens. He wasn't sure if he could call it a light, but he wanted to go home now. The winds around him started to pick up. This wasn't natural, he knew that much.

His instincts finally started kicking in, and he ran back to the shrine, away from the trees, and away from whatever unholy thing he was witnessing. There was an explosion in that moment. He managed to get away from the majority of the blast, just by a few inches, but he was sent back a few feet by the sheer might of it. Kobe landed on his stomach. His head was pounding, and the sound.. the sound of the bomb, if that's what it was, made his ears ring. Suddenly, he couldn't hear a thing.

He peeked at the scene behind him. The trees, or at least some of them, were uprooted, giving Kobe a good view of a boy standing in the original blast zone, a crater. He held a.. katana? A cat was poking its head outside his shirt, too.

Kobe was certain his eyes were as wide as the crater. Two people, possible bombers, their weird, old-timey weapons, and a cat survived the detonation despite being in the center of it.

"Oh gods.."

Kobe's head fell, and he got a face full of dirt. He really wished he hadn't gone to the shrine today.

takki takki Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Soulless Soulless Svisttt Svisttt

[/div]
Inori opened her eyes to the sight of bright light slowly receding out of her vision. She remained in her wielder's grasp, unharmed by the unexpected impact of her power. "Sukutse...Sukutse! Are you okay?" Inori asked desperately in concern, coming into awareness of the the current situation. The area surrounding them resembled a large crater, accompanied with copious amounts of pieces of debris. The trees were uprooted. Sukutse was on the ground. Mr.cat was— thankfully alive, poking out from Sukutse's shirt. Although worried, the faithful regalia was unable to tend to her master's side as she would like. As a sacred vessel, she could only observe the possible pain her master experienced.

She could feel the tenseness of her master's arm begin to tremble.

"It hurts...!" He commented. Inori watched in horror as if confirming her war companion was indeed deceased. I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, she wanted to say. Determined to defend Sukutse, Inori decided to stay sharp, keeping watch for any attacks that would emerge from the forest.

takki takki
[/div]

Saki yelped in surprise when she was launched back into the air, gasping in quick panicked breaths as she braced to hit the ground. To her surprise though, it never happened- not quite, anyways. Instead, she crashed into what she hoped was Mo's arms in what might've been a sweet and comforting moment, had the world not seemingly exploded around them.

She wouldn't ever, ever, admit it, but Saki was suddenly very happy Moriya was holding her. Not in a weird way- she didn't think she was that kind of person, but it made things way less scary. The lights, the sounds- it was almost like a bomb went off. She was almost convinced that sword was just a bomb in disguise- was that even possible? Probably not, but that's the only thing that made sense to a frazzled Saki.

Saki, are you alright!?

She didn't answer at first, too stunned by the crater and the brown haired boy standing in the middle of it. How was he okay? How was he okay, when there were trees outright uprooted around them all? Saki forced herself to answer after a few moments, hoping she didn't cause her friend any worry, "I'm-I'm okay, I'm okay. Mo', I should be asking you this, damn it! Did you get hurt?" The Kusarigama genuinely didn't look that damaged, the only thing amiss being a few scuff marks here and there.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006

• aaa.jpgSukutse ignored the pain in his right arm, but it can still move freely. It's just that, he's not in the position to attack right now, even though a fight is inevitable. Whether it's a fight with a phantom with its presence still lingering in the air, or the hostile god that attacked him and planned to take Inori from him, or both. Even so, it's possible to avoid a fight with that god, but a fight with the phantom was unavoidable. He HAD to fight it. Who knows, it may be a shapeshifting phantom. It's a type of phantom that disturbs the bonds of people with other people, and if it becomes powerful enough, it would become able cut away the peoples' bonds. For him, it's a completely terrible thing to do. "Sukutse... Sukutse! Are you okay?" Inori said in his mind out of concern. "I'm all good. I was able to brace myself even with one hand. My right hand hurts as if it was cut, though." He said in an exaggerated way, but he realized this time's not the time to joke around.

"Meow!" The cat loudly purred, and all of the sudden, a dagger came from the trees to his head. He barely parried it with his sword, but he was glad that Inori stayed sharp. Another quickly came after that. He wasn't able to reach, but it thankfully grazed his cheek. Blood trickled from his wound, but he just wiped it off. Another one came right to his hand, but he ducked, dodging it completely. They seemed to be avoiding close combat. Sukutse charged forward, where the daggers were coming from. The daggers stopped flying at his face, as it was probably retreating. Whoever it was, they were trying to avoid close combat fight.

And all of the sudden, as if time slowed down, he saw a boy lying on ground just a few meters outside the crater. What's a person doing here? He contemplated, but he ignored it. At least, he doesn't seem to be injured. Maybe he tripped or something. Continuing back to his objective, he was hearing footsteps in front of him. He was getting close to his subduer. The cat on his shirt was now hiding itself inside. Sukutse's free arm was supporting the cat to keep it from falling down.

tumblr_oam5apVbfJ1u0dwxeo1_500kk.png]

[/div]
Inori felt overwhelmed by the touch of many presences around her. Sukutse. A girl. And was that a human guy lying on the ground? Adding onto that, there were suddenly daggers? Inori didn't know what to focus her attention on.

Another dagger had emerged from from the darkness of the forest, in which Sukutse dimly deflected the smaller blade with Inori. Strangely, the dagger felt weird against Inori's touch; similar to that of unhardened sand. While Sukutse watched around them, Inori peered down to observe the daggers through her limited window into reality. Unexpectedly, the small weapons began to fade into dust, evaporating into the air like they were never meant to exist. This directed attack was definitely different than the one from earlier. This, was neither a god or a inhabitant of the near shore, meaning it could only be one thing.

"It's a phantom."

takki takki
[/div]

Last edited:
Saki. The trees. The enemy. The boy. The explosive-sword. Morii's thoughts were scattered between all those things and more. What to focus on, she didn't know. She was deeply stressed out about what was happening but tried to keep her composure around Saki, to no avail though. "I'm alright! Don't worry." Her voice was twinged with indecision, and her face involuntarily grimaced. She was grateful Saki hadn't been hurt, she wouldn't be able to forgive herself if anything happened to her.

She started getting on her feet, and the sight of the boy and the crater had now been replaced by the boy being attacked by daggers. Oh, sugar! She looked at where the daggers were coming from... and the attacker seemed to be... the same boy! All of it had been, then, certainly the work of a bakemono—a shapeshifting phantom; and Mori had been deluded effortlessly to attack the wrong target.

Saki, we've got to attack the one on the right, can you see him? He's a bakemono... She pointed to the dim shadowy figure in the near-distance, and finally regained a bit of strength to slowly start walking towards the enemy.... but couldn't regain her balance and almost tumbled over a few times. "Agh." She wanted her only priority to be striking down the enemy who had gotten them in such trouble. She didn't even notice the boy a few meters at her right, near the shrine. She tried to disguise her pain and walk steadily, but it was evident she was hurt—physically, but also mentally hurt, concerned and distracted.

Last edited:
Yuuma Kobayashi
小林 悠真

Kobe's vision was spotted. His ears were still ringing, his head was still pounding, and he was pretty sure he had dirt up his nose. He might have described it as agony if he hadn't had the experience of falling out of a tree when he was a kid. It was his fault, anyway, since he had climbed up the yorishiro of a deserted shrine and probably cursed himself in the process, but with a killer migraine and a few broken bones, he definitely couldn't walk back home. A weird yokai-looking lady came to his rescue, or so she said, but he was too afraid of her to stick around and ended up crawling his way home. Now that was agony.

This time around, he didn't have any broken bones and wasn't actually hurt, no matter how much he complained, so it was definitely better. Still, he wished he wasn't involved. He almost wished he was unconscious because if he was, he wouldn't have to think about how much the current situation sucked.

"I'm all good," he heard through the ringing. It sounded like a masculine voice, so Kobe guessed it was the bomber, the boy standing in the midst of the crater. He was absolutely amazed that the brown-haired boy and that Mori girl survived the blast. If he hadn't seen it firsthand, he would've doubted anything happened. The voice continued, "I was able to brace myself even with one hand. My right hand hurts as if it was cut, though."

"I'm alright," he heard from the other side. That had to be Mori, but they weren't talking to each other, were they? It certainly didn't sound like it.

Next thing he knew, the cat from before, the one he completely forgot about, meowed, and he heard a "schwing!" He wasn't entirely sure what the latter entailed, but it reminded him of the metal on metal sound effects from those historical dramas on television. Kobe wasn't a big fan of those shows, but that was mainly because the clothes were so dreary-looking. No personality whatsoever!

Kobe lifted his head again, this time glancing at the shrine in front of him. Maybe he could just scramble out of there, like nothing ever happened. He hadn't heard anything that suggested Mori or the bomber acknowledged his existence, and the explosion hadn't seemed to attract anyone else. It had to be in his head, then. Anyway, hallucination or not, he wasn't going to stick around to see how it all played out. With his hands underneath him, he forced himself up off the ground. He had almost, just barely gotten up into a standing position before a dagger embedded itself in the soil inches away from him. Kobe shot up like a cat with a cucumber behind it, twisting his body to get away from the sharp weapon-thing. Are these people insane?

The dagger turned into dust, vanishing from sight, and Kobe could've caught flies in his mouth. He pounced to where it was, seeing the mark it made in the ground, and moved his hands around to feel for it. It was gone, completely disappeared. Scratch that, he thought. Am I insane?

He pivoted on his feet, facing the group he wanted away from seconds before. The two people, the ones who survived a freaking explosion, were walking further into the forest, but Kobe wanted answers.

Weren't they fighting each other? Who threw the daggers? Were they trying to hurt him? Were they trying to hurt each other? Was that boy still holding that cat in his shirt? More importantly, "What the heck is happening?"

Svisttt Svisttt takki takki Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Soulless Soulless

• aaa.jpg"It's a phantom." Inori confirmed their enemy. She probably knew what it was when he deflected the dagger with his regalia. Since phantoms are unable to pick up any objects, the weapon that it used was probably made from its own soul. Then that dagger is- He spoke in his mind to Inori, and he suddenly felt stinging on his right cheek, where the phantom's dagger grazed him. The stinging felt weak, so the blight was probably just forming. I've been blighted. He spoke in his mind to Inori, ignoring the stinging on his right cheek and the steady pain on his right hand. Sukutse knew that he should end this quickly. If not, then it'd bring harm to himself. It's like the time limit from a video game.

He finally catched up the phantom. He slashed Inori behind it, but it didn't bulge. Heapplied power to his left foot, and jumped with one leg. The edge of the blade grazed its back, but it didn't completely disappear. It fell down, with its face and body sliding on the ground because of inertia. As it stopped, he inspected the phantom's appearance. It shapeshifted some familiar-looking boy. On its backward appearance, it had a brown hair, with a green cloak covering its whole torso. Without giving any other thought, he slashed at the neck of the phantom.

It abnormally avoided death by sacrificing its hand to stop the blade. The phantom stood up, with its dagger on their other uncut hand. Sukutse finally saw its face, and he was suprised to see who the phantom had shapeshifted to. It shapeshifted into me. No wonder why it's so combatant. I didn't even know how it had time to copy me. He continued to speak in his mind. It was probably that old granny from earlier at the shrine. The phantom charged at him, as if it didn't sense any pain from the hand that just got separated from it.

"I'm alright! Don't worry."

Saki frowned a bit before saying, "I'm gonna worry anyways." She was about to nag Mo' a bit more, when she noticed something glinting whiz by the boy in the crater. She wasn't completely sure if it hit him, but... who did it? Wasn't he the one who attacked her and Morii first? Pushing away her confusion, Saki looked around at whatever else she could see, squinting her eyes a little. She could just barely make out a figure, a vaguely familiar silhouette. The boy from the crater had begun to go after whoever it was, much to her relief despite her current paranoia and bewilderment.

"Mo', what's-" Before she could even finish her question, Morii was already explaining things, Saki, we've got to attack the one on the right, can you see him? He's a bakemono... Frustration and worry coursed through her, although she held back on her questions. Saki didn't want to distract Mori- who was currently a stumbling mess, despite her attempts at hiding it, "M-Mori! Take it easy!" She glanced around, making sure no one else was near them. There wasn't- except for that boy from earlier, who was currently staring wide eyed at the scene unfolding. "Ah... Mo', there's that boy! From earlier." Was he hurt? Could he see them all? He must've been able to, she didn't think he'd look so shocked otherwise. As much as she wanted to make sure he was alright, Saki knew her main focus now had to be Mori, and protecting her and herself.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Valefar Valefar takki takki Soulless Soulless

tumblr_oam5apVbfJ1u0dwxeo1_500kk.png]

[/div]
The phantom had emerged from the shadows, its face, exposed to its audience. "Huh?" The phantom looked exactly like her wielder but instead, carrying a much more sinister air about it. "Sukutse?" Inori exclaimed in confusion. But then... who was the one wielding her right now? It had to be Sukutse, right? It was definitely Sukutse wielding her, she concluded. That meant that the god doppelganger was indeed a phantom, a Bakemono type of ayakashi to be exact. Strangely, it was abnormal for a high class phantom to be lurking around the area, especially on holy grounds. In fact, it was really abnormal for any phantom to be near holy grounds at all.

At the sight of the shape-shifting phantom charging at them, Inori quickly attempted to block the attack, building a weak shock-wave to at least hinder the incoming impact. In a matter of seconds, the dagger in the creature's previously severed hand had morphed into a part of its body. It then sloppily struck towards Sukutse again, this time speaking in a distorted collection of voices.

c6aa26e04889a7b1ab0a9ad08bc75aed.gif

"Takeminakata-sama." The voices spoke ominously. "Smells nice! Smells nice. Smells nice."

takki takki
[/div]

b0f5f902829c7995eeef81c7fde3d880.jpg
That boy from earlier? Mori looked back, and there he was, the plum-haired boy. "Oh. You'd rather, eh, should back away from here, so as... not to get hurt, you know?" She told him in a distressed tone, trying to fake a smile that showed more sadness than anything. Then she went back to walking slowly towards the dagger-throwing phantom, who seemed to still be very well alive and still was transformed into the god she thought was her enemy. She stopped for a moment and put her palm in one of her eyes, looking down. Self-loathing had taken ahold of her, like a darkness seeping from a vase, there on a corner, in which she had hid all her that she couldn't fix about herself, all the gloomy feelings and all the grief that she hadn't deal with. "I'm sorry, Saki; of all the mistakes that were possible, I made them all! On deciding, on attacking, on talking... on everything. I'm just a--"

A man struck down from the sky, lighting speed. Mori lifted her head, she knew who it was. A sword was unsheathed. The phantom was slashed one, two, three times. Enough. "Henceforth, thou shall cease to exist. Thy desecration has sealed thy destiny. Herein, I, Takeminakata, cleanse thee. In the land of the rising sun, sacrilege is demise. By Shiki and in the presence of Yuuki, slashed are thee. Perish." The beautiful sword was his shinki Yotsuya. The man had long blue-hair and was wearing some sort of hakama, with different tones of blue and different drawings over it, as well as some traditional sandals—Geta. He had a pendant in his right ear, it was his shinki Tomoya, who helped him with directions and where to strike, among other
things. From behind him, there was also another God, this time a female, with very long hair, and she looked rather... messy.

Yuuma Kobayashi
小林 悠真

The.. the thing had turned out to be a copy, a.. a, uh... doppelganger of the brown-haired boy or a twin of sorts, and the real one, or who he assumed was the real one, slashed at it. It's back had been scratched, that he could clearly see, and it slid on the ground. The boy, apparently to finish the job, of killing his freaking twin, cut at the neck of the thing, twin-thing.. whatever it was. Kobe's eyes widened. He was scared, very much so, but he couldn't seem to look away, no matter how hard he tried. His sight was glued on the.. brothers? Either way, there wasn't much to worry about, since the thing sacrificed its hand to save its life. Maybe it was something to worry about, actually. Kobe had felt the phantom pain in his own hand, along with the general stomach sickness one might get after seeing someone try to kill someone else, and he brought both of his hands up into his chest.

Mori, the green-haired girl as he remembered her, glanced back at him and said, "Oh. You'd rather, eh, should back away from here, so as... not to get hurt, you know?" Her smile, one he perceived as fake, and tone made him feel.. strange, if that was the right way to put it. He hadn't seen the blood of the.. thing, but should he really feel bad for these people, for her? They were killing.. something, whatever it was, but his slow nodding turned vigorous. He agreed, at the very least, that it wasn't in his best interest to stick around.

Yet, even as she turned away, he couldn't. The thing stood up, almost like it hadn't had its freaking hand cut off, and charged at uh, sword-boy. Its dagger, which was in its uncut hand, had morphed into its body. Kobe made a few more nods to himself, his hands raised at his sides, and he slowly stepped backward. He was crazy, certainly.

"Takeminakata-sama," he heard. It was a collection of voices, ones that sent shivers down his spine, and from what he knew, it came from one person, the doppelganger. Yet, the name sounded familiar.. He had to know it from somewhere, and then it clicked. That was the name of this shrine's god. Kobe wasn't sure what that entailed, especially since he didn't think the people in front of him were gods. This had to be some sort of cosplay involving special effects.. He didn't know people dressed up as deities, but he sincerely hoped that was what was happening.. Otherwise, that thing they were fighting.. had to be a yokai, right?

"Smells nice! Smells nice. Smells nice."

A man, what he assumed to be a man, came down from the sky. Kobe watched him, whoever he was, slice and dice the yokai-thingie, and suddenly, Mori's suggestion seemed pretty darn good. The man said some.. really weird stuff, but he just wanted to moon-walk out of there. Instead, as he stepped backward, he bumped into something, or someone.. He turned around and caught the sight of a.. person? He personally guessed they were a yokai, too, considering their appearance. His face lost its color, and he stepped to the side, his hands held up as if surrendering.

Then, he got a better look. He cringed back, not from her scary yokai-ish vibe going on but the attire she had thought was okay to go out in. She, as he had guessed, donned a mesh vest, something he'd only ever seen fishermen wear, over a button-down with a flame print, something he'd only seen Guy Fieri wear. Her small, round tinted glasses were strangely intriguing, but her plaid pajama pants were not. The platform shoes she wore made her almost his height, which was a bit frightening. Kobe was.. confused. He looked back over at one of the people she had arrived with, that sky-flying dude.. That man seemed more put together.

This whole fashion conundrum had almost made him ignore the fact that after the man said the incantation and diced up the.. thing, it disappeared. He was not having it.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Soulless Soulless takki takki Svisttt Svisttt
Unmei-no-Mikoto
運命尊

The great, the reveled, the.. messy-looking Unmei-no-Mikoto, or just Unmei in this day and age, stood closer to the shrine than she did the scene before her. She had never seen these many gods in one place before, aside from in Takamagahara, but then again, she hadn't seen many things in this incarnation. Unmei didn't want to think much about Takamagahara anyway, considering what they had done to Takeminakata, the man who came down to earth like a lightning bolt. She didn't clearly understand why they had expelled him from the heavens, but these days, she didn't seem to understand most things. All she really knew was that she didn't want to be stuck in Takamagahara much longer, so she, accompanied by her regalia, came to the war god's aid.

This certainly wasn't what she expected her first time in the Near-shore in.. two months, three days, seven hours, and sixteen minutes, as she had counted, to be like. Ayakashi were trivial, at least to her, and while it was her duty as a god to destroy them, she was a bit too invested in human lifestyle to bother. Takaminakata carved into the Ayakashi one, two.. three times, as she as counted, before it was gone. Unmei gave a slight nod in acknowledgment, although he wasn't facing her. She admired the war god for many reasons, one of those reasons being that he still wore traditional clothes, but at this moment, she was glad, as glad as the aloof Unmei could be, to be connected to someone with such strength.

That was before she had been bumped into by a.. regalia, she supposed. She hadn't bothered moving out of the way to avoid the altercation, since that wasn't like her, but instead bored into the blue eyes of the male. Her face remained expressionless, but his did not, turning as pale as hers. Unmei raised an eyebrow, confused by him and his presence. She had believed him to be a regalia at first and clearly useless, but he was a human who evidently, could see her. Strange.

His hands shot up, a gesture she didn't understand, and she could tell he was scared.. Of what exactly, she was unsure of. Unmei glanced back at her two regalia, Mizuko and Koishi, and gave them as much of a questioning look as she could give. Her eyes, which were a lot bigger than the tiny, round little sunglasses she was wearing, were squinted from her furrowed eyebrows.

interacted with; Skellux Skellux Kuromi_Jiro Kuromi_Jiro

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back