• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Noctysapra's Roleplay Rules, Roleplay Sample and & Fandoms List (August 2023)

noctysapra

noctysapra (Adv. Lit. Rper!) (Please read bio)
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Note to the admins: I have read the rules of this website twice over and have determined to my best ability that nothing in this post is against the rules. I understand that my original post was removed earlier and I tried my best to fix any errors that may have caused that to happen, so if I missed anything, please let me know. Although I am high-functioning, I will admit that I am autistic and would deeply appreciate that if any admins have any issues with anything within my post, please let me know directly-- otherwise I may never know what I did wrong at all. Again, I have reread the site rules twice over to ensure that I am not breaking any rules, but I realize there may be some things that were less direct, and I understand that there is always a possibility of me making an oversight. I promise that all I want to do is follow the rules to the best of my ability and use this site to find some fun roleplay partners, so please, just let me know directly if I made a mistake in my post.

Additional Note: This post is not meant to recruit anyone, but to serve as a post I can link people back to when I need to reference my rules, what fandoms I'm into, and my roleplay sample.

Roleplay Rules (Simplified August 2023 Edition)
~ August 2023 Edition ~
Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Roleplay Rules 3. Roleplay Sample 4. Fandoms, Ships & Characters​

Hello, I’m noctysapra, or "noctys” for short. I’m an advanced literate roleplayer, and have been for 9+ years. If you’re not advanced literate, don’t worry! As long as you’re at least a literate roleplayer and can abide by the rules I have posted below, I think we’d make a great match!

1. You must be 18 or older, as I myself am 20 years old. I do not roleplay with minors.

2. You must be of the literate, advanced literate, or novella roleplay levels. I do not roleplay with people who write one-liners, script or semi literate replies. As well as that, please be sure to write with clear effort put into your replies.

3. You must be okay with more mature, darker themes that make our writing feel realistic. This means there is a possibility for angst, swearing, action and the like. If you cannot handle a more maturely handled roleplay, please do not message me. This is not to be confused with ERP-- I just like more mature roleplays.

4. You must know how to differentiate reality from fiction. If you cannot handle me being a different gender or age from the character I play as, I would not recommend we rp.

5. You must be willing to help me develop a plot. This is a group effort after all.

6. Do not ghost me if you lose interest. I won't get offended if you just tell me straight up, as it is what I prefer. Keeps me from getting my hopes up for a reply.

7. If you cannot be active, don't message me at all. Waiting days, weeks or months for the next reply makes the roleplay feel awful. I understand if you get busy-- just tell me and I will wait for you. If you take more than one to two weeks to get back to me though, I will just leave the DM.

8. Be fluent in English. I don't mind if it is not your first language as long as you are fluent in it.

9. I only do OC x OC or Canon x Canon. I do not merge the two.

10. My roleplays sometimes involve lgbtq+ characters. If you are homophobic or transphobic I do not recommend roleplay.

11. I only do 1x1 private roleplays. I do not do group or public roleplays.

12. I only enjoy roleplaying the following genres: fantasy, angst, supernatural, moderate/light sci-fi, modern, medieval, yandere, pirate, steampunk, vampire, magical girl/boy, thriller, action, romance, horror and adventure. If I didn’t list a genre, feel free to ask me about it in the comments below, however under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I do slice-of-life.

13. When I create an OC, I always draw my own references for them, as I am an artist. Be aware that all of my refs will be anime, albeit handmade, refs. I don't mind whether your refs are realistic, a word description, or anime, but do not dictate what type of ref I have to use.

14. No god-modding, don't be over-dramatic and no mary/gary-sues.

15. I do prefer to rp on Discord if possible, HOWEVER, I understand that I cannot do so until I have proven I am trustworthy enough to post in the off-site section of the website. I will happily use the on-site DMs until then.

16. If you wish to rp after reading all of this, send me your rules, as well as an rp sample if possible, so I know who I'm dealing with. If you wish to see an rp sample of my own, I have one right below.

Roleplay Sample
~ This is an excerpt taken from a 1x1 Sefikura RP. This rp takes place during FFVII's Crisis Core plotline, shortly after Angeal died and Genesis went missing.~

》What a mess this all had been. How was he to know that one simple mess up during his battle in the training simulator with Angeal and Genesis would cause all this? How was he to know that, in accidentally injuring his friend, Genesis wouldn't heal, and he would up and run off the way he had? Sephiroth was used to being alone and empty, having grown up in the labs all of his life, but when Genesis and Angeal became SOLDIER 1st Class alongside him, he found it rather comforting to know that he now had friends to confide in. He originally only talked to them for the sake of getting along in the case that he needed to depend on any of them for missions, but with the way they oh so humanely responded to him and were more friendly to him than anyone ever had been or needed to be to him, he couldn’t help it when he let them past the barriers around his soul, and into his heart. They were his first true friends, and he was proud to have them. He experienced the joys of emotion with these two, and they showed him love beyond anything he had ever known. Even when he tried to convince them that what they were doing for him was unnecessary, they continued to push further and further into his heart, and although he saw it as extraneous, he couldn’t love them any less for it. They were so lovely.

》That unfortunately wasn't the case anymore. He should have seen it coming from a mile away. He was never that lucky, to be able to hold happiness for that long, so why did he think it would start now?

》He should have known that with someone of Genesis' personality, he would have run away the way he did. He should have known that Angeal would chase after him. They were like siblings, those two; inseparable. Where one would go, the other would follow. That was always how it had been. Why couldn't he see it ahead of time? That he wasn't as important to them as they claimed him to be. Genesis abandoned ship without second thought, and when Genesis was in question, as did Angeal. His two first friends had given him so much hope, only for them to replace it with such soul-crushing despair. It became even more heartbreaking when Angeal had not only run off to be with Genesis, but had died for it, too.

》He had grown up in the labs without anyone to depend on but himself. His life had been nothing but training simulations, experimentation and war. He did not like it, but now he found that he preferred it to his current reality. It was so painful to know that the first people you let into your heart would betray you in the end, and that one of them would die for it. He didn't want this reality. He wanted a reality where they were happy and at peace with one another, or no reality at all. The pain was too much to bear. With each passing day as of late, there developed the soft, chilling whisper of a woman in his ears, beckoning him closer. She told him that she would love him, but he knew not who she was. When he looked around to find the source of the voice, there was no one, and he found himself becoming both curious and confused, not to mention worried. Had he gone mad? Or was he in the process of it?

》No one could hear the whispers but him, he realized. When he was angry or saddened by anything, they were stronger in their claims of wanting to love him, and when he was more or less content, they were less intrusive. Unfortunately, there was no one he could mention these whispers to out of fear of being seen as crazy. He did not want to know what measures they would take against him if he was going mad if they were willing to send him off to war or do experiments on him in the first place. So, as he grieved over Angeal, he went back to his training and his studies in silence, not mentioning the terrifyingly entrancing whispers he faced on a day to day basis.
—--
》These days, Zack tried to help Sephiroth out when he could, but they were both busy and were never able to talk much, so he understood that. He admired the boy for still being able to smile in such trying times, yet at the same time he found himself jealous for it. Why was the man allowed to remain so bright in even the darkest of nights? Sephiroth had undergone such hardships throughout the entirety of his life, and now that he realized none truly loved him, he was experiencing voices in his head, or rather a singular voice that told him dark truths. Zack, however, did not seem to have to deal with such things. Now, he would not wish the horrors of his life upon that kind soul, but it made him feel horrible to know that others had not had to suffer the way he had. He was so jealous of Zack. He was jealous of everyone, and that envy burned a hole through his curdling heart.

》Sephiroth just exited his bedroom, intending to take himself to the library within HQ, however, as he walked, he realized there was an additional person in the 1st Class Quarters today. It was a blonde boy waiting at Zack's door, supposedly looking sad. He stopped in his tracks, for he recognized such sorrow. Were those tears of loneliness? He knew them all too well, and it made him more curious as to what was going on with the poor boy. Sephiroth was quite tall and mature for his age, but he felt that this boy was only a few years younger than him. He felt pity in his heart. Of course, he scolded himself internally for it, as such feelings would only lead to issues, but he couldn’t ignore the tears of the lonely when he knew the feeling all too well.

》"Why are you here?" He asked, first and foremost. He was certain it had something to do with Zack, but the ravenette never mentioned a younger brother. He had seen this cadet before, briefly, but now he was left wondering if Zack was related to this boy. "Are you alright?" He then asked, looking down at the blonde with curious, kind eyes. Now, he was pretty stoic, but that did not make his gaze any less soft than it was now.

Fandoms, Ships & Characters
~ Anything marked with a '☆' is a favorite of mine. ~
Fandoms AU or Canonverse? Liked Ships Characters I Am Willing to Play As
Final Fantasy 7☆ Both CloTi, AerTi, Zakkura, Sefikura☆, Clerith☆ Aerith, Cloud☆, Sephiroth☆, Zack
Final Fantasy 16☆ Both Clive/ Jill☆, Joshua/Jote, Otto/Cid, Sleipnir/Barnabas Clive☆, Joshua, Sleipnir
Sonic the Hedgehog Both Sonadow☆, Sonamy, Shadamy Shadow☆, Sonic
Danganronpa☆ Both KomaHina☆, Sonia/Gundham☆, Kokichi/Schuichi, Mondo/Kiyotaka, Toko/Komaru☆ Nagito☆, Gundham☆, Kokichi, Mondo, Toko
Persona 5 Canonverse Ryuji/Joker☆, Joker/Yusuke, Joker/Makoto Ryuji☆, Yusuke☆, Joker
Kingdom Hearts Both SoRiku☆, Soranort/Riku Riku☆, Soranort☆
Pokemon Canonverse Leon/Raihan☆, Raihan/Piers, OC/OC☆ Leon☆, Piers, OC☆
Splatoon Canonverse OC/OC☆ OC☆

I have a ton of OCs but am unable to post them here so if you have any questions, just ask! Although more often than not, I create new OCs to fit my chosen RP anyway, I may still use an older OC of mine depending on the situation.​

I don't have a sample and I'm fairly new to this but I guess I'm good at it. I'm willing be your roleplaying partner if you're up for it.

I don't have a sample and I'm fairly new to this but I guess I'm good at it. I'm willing be your roleplaying partner if you're up for it.
Hey, as long as you can abide by the rules I have posted that's what counts. What rp level would you say you are? Also, do you have any rules I should know about?

Hey, as long as you can abide by the rules I have posted that's what counts. What rp level would you say you are? Also, do you have any rules I should know about?
Amateur. No rules or whatsoever, for now. I'm still exploring this fantasy world

Amateur. No rules or whatsoever, for now. I'm still exploring this fantasy world
Okay then, that's cool. I'll be willing to work with you! Though as for the level, that wasn't what I meant and I apologize. I will clarify. What I meant was, do you know what script, semi-literate, literate, advanced literate and novella(listed in ascending order) mean in the rp world? And if so, do you know which one you would identify as? I only roleplay with people who can identify as at least 'literate,' which yes, I know is defined differently than the typical English dictionary definition, but it essentially means your replies average 2-3 paragraphs in length and have refined enough grammar and spelling to convey a novel-esque narrative. I myself identify as 'advanced literate' or 'novella' which essentially equates to my definition of 'literate,' except my replies tend to be much longer...which is why I simply cannot rp with semi-literate or script roleplayers because it feels like a huge effort gap to me, and it isn't fun at all. Does that help at all? Sorry if I made it confusing. I hope this helps!

Okay then, that's cool. I'll be willing to work with you! Though as for the level, that wasn't what I meant and I apologize. I will clarify. What I meant was, do you know what script, semi-literate, literate, advanced literate and novella(listed in ascending order) mean in the rp world? And if so, do you know which one you would identify as? I only roleplay with people who can identify as at least 'literate,' which yes, I know is defined differently than the typical English dictionary definition, but it essentially means your replies average 2-3 paragraphs in length and have refined enough grammar and spelling to convey a novel-esque narrative. I myself identify as 'advanced literate' or 'novella' which essentially equates to my definition of 'literate,' except my replies tend to be much longer...which is why I simply cannot rp with semi-literate or script roleplayers because it feels like a huge effort gap to me, and it isn't fun at all. Does that help at all? Sorry if I made it confusing. I hope this helps!
Thanks for the clarification. Got it all sorted. So, about those roleplay writing levels you mentioned, I'd say I'm in the 'literate' zone. My responses usually fit that 2-3 paragraphs and more mark, and I make sure the grammar and spelling are on point for that novel-style vibe. Excited to dive into some cool storytelling with you on the roleplay front!

Thanks for the clarification. Got it all sorted. So, about those roleplay writing levels you mentioned, I'd say I'm in the 'literate' zone. My responses usually fit that 2-3 paragraphs and more mark, and I make sure the grammar and spelling are on point for that novel-style vibe. Excited to dive into some cool storytelling with you on the roleplay front!
Okay, awesome! I'm glad that helped. You okay if I shoot you a dm? I haven't done that on here yet, but I am open to try since you seem newer to the site than I! Granted, I have only been here for over a day now, lol.

Okay, awesome! I'm glad that helped. You okay if I shoot you a dm? I haven't done that on here yet, but I am open to try since you seem newer to the site than I! Granted, I have only been here for over a day now, lol.
Absolutely, sounds great! Feel free to shoot me a dm. I just joined an hour ago. We can navigate this neonate stage together!

Absolutely, sounds great! Feel free to shoot me a dm. I just joined an hour ago. We can navigate this neonate stage together!
lol, awesome then! I'll go ahead and do that. ^^

Note to the admins: I have read the rules of this website twice over and have determined to my best ability that nothing in this post is against the rules. I understand that my original post was removed earlier and I tried my best to fix any errors that may have caused that to happen, so if I missed anything, please let me know. Although I am high-functioning, I will admit that I am autistic and would deeply appreciate that if any admins have any issues with anything within my post, please let me know directly-- otherwise I may never know what I did wrong at all. Again, I have reread the site rules twice over to ensure that I am not breaking any rules, but I realize there may be some things that were less direct, and I understand that there is always a possibility of me making an oversight. I promise that all I want to do is follow the rules to the best of my ability and use this site to find some fun roleplay partners, so please, just let me know directly if I made a mistake in my post.

Additional Note: This post is not meant to recruit anyone, but to serve as a post I can link people back to when I need to reference my rules, what fandoms I'm into, and my roleplay sample.

Roleplay Rules (Simplified August 2023 Edition)
~ August 2023 Edition ~
Table of Contents 1. Introduction 2. Roleplay Rules 3. Roleplay Sample 4. Fandoms, Ships & Characters​

Hello, I’m noctysapra, or "noctys” for short. I’m an advanced literate roleplayer, and have been for 9+ years. If you’re not advanced literate, don’t worry! As long as you’re at least a literate roleplayer and can abide by the rules I have posted below, I think we’d make a great match!

1. You must be 18 or older, as I myself am 20 years old. I do not roleplay with minors.

2. You must be of the literate, advanced literate, or novella roleplay levels. I do not roleplay with people who write one-liners, script or semi literate replies. As well as that, please be sure to write with clear effort put into your replies.

3. You must be okay with more mature, darker themes that make our writing feel realistic. This means there is a possibility for angst, swearing, action and the like. If you cannot handle a more maturely handled roleplay, please do not message me. This is not to be confused with ERP-- I just like more mature roleplays.

4. You must know how to differentiate reality from fiction. If you cannot handle me being a different gender or age from the character I play as, I would not recommend we rp.

5. You must be willing to help me develop a plot. This is a group effort after all.

6. Do not ghost me if you lose interest. I won't get offended if you just tell me straight up, as it is what I prefer. Keeps me from getting my hopes up for a reply.

7. If you cannot be active, don't message me at all. Waiting days, weeks or months for the next reply makes the roleplay feel awful. I understand if you get busy-- just tell me and I will wait for you. If you take more than one to two weeks to get back to me though, I will just leave the DM.

8. Be fluent in English. I don't mind if it is not your first language as long as you are fluent in it.

9. I only do OC x OC or Canon x Canon. I do not merge the two.

10. My roleplays sometimes involve lgbtq+ characters. If you are homophobic or transphobic I do not recommend roleplay.

11. I only do 1x1 private roleplays. I do not do group or public roleplays.

12. I only enjoy roleplaying the following genres: fantasy, angst, supernatural, moderate/light sci-fi, modern, medieval, yandere, pirate, steampunk, vampire, magical girl/boy, thriller, action, romance, horror and adventure. If I didn’t list a genre, feel free to ask me about it in the comments below, however under NO CIRCUMSTANCES will I do slice-of-life.

13. When I create an OC, I always draw my own references for them, as I am an artist. Be aware that all of my refs will be anime, albeit handmade, refs. I don't mind whether your refs are realistic, a word description, or anime, but do not dictate what type of ref I have to use.

14. No god-modding, don't be over-dramatic and no mary/gary-sues.

15. I do prefer to rp on Discord if possible, HOWEVER, I understand that I cannot do so until I have proven I am trustworthy enough to post in the off-site section of the website. I will happily use the on-site DMs until then.

16. If you wish to rp after reading all of this, send me your rules, as well as an rp sample if possible, so I know who I'm dealing with. If you wish to see an rp sample of my own, I have one right below.

Roleplay Sample
~ This is an excerpt taken from a 1x1 Sefikura RP. This rp takes place during FFVII's Crisis Core plotline, shortly after Angeal died and Genesis went missing.~

》What a mess this all had been. How was he to know that one simple mess up during his battle in the training simulator with Angeal and Genesis would cause all this? How was he to know that, in accidentally injuring his friend, Genesis wouldn't heal, and he would up and run off the way he had? Sephiroth was used to being alone and empty, having grown up in the labs all of his life, but when Genesis and Angeal became SOLDIER 1st Class alongside him, he found it rather comforting to know that he now had friends to confide in. He originally only talked to them for the sake of getting along in the case that he needed to depend on any of them for missions, but with the way they oh so humanely responded to him and were more friendly to him than anyone ever had been or needed to be to him, he couldn’t help it when he let them past the barriers around his soul, and into his heart. They were his first true friends, and he was proud to have them. He experienced the joys of emotion with these two, and they showed him love beyond anything he had ever known. Even when he tried to convince them that what they were doing for him was unnecessary, they continued to push further and further into his heart, and although he saw it as extraneous, he couldn’t love them any less for it. They were so lovely.

》That unfortunately wasn't the case anymore. He should have seen it coming from a mile away. He was never that lucky, to be able to hold happiness for that long, so why did he think it would start now?

》He should have known that with someone of Genesis' personality, he would have run away the way he did. He should have known that Angeal would chase after him. They were like siblings, those two; inseparable. Where one would go, the other would follow. That was always how it had been. Why couldn't he see it ahead of time? That he wasn't as important to them as they claimed him to be. Genesis abandoned ship without second thought, and when Genesis was in question, as did Angeal. His two first friends had given him so much hope, only for them to replace it with such soul-crushing despair. It became even more heartbreaking when Angeal had not only run off to be with Genesis, but had died for it, too.

》He had grown up in the labs without anyone to depend on but himself. His life had been nothing but training simulations, experimentation and war. He did not like it, but now he found that he preferred it to his current reality. It was so painful to know that the first people you let into your heart would betray you in the end, and that one of them would die for it. He didn't want this reality. He wanted a reality where they were happy and at peace with one another, or no reality at all. The pain was too much to bear. With each passing day as of late, there developed the soft, chilling whisper of a woman in his ears, beckoning him closer. She told him that she would love him, but he knew not who she was. When he looked around to find the source of the voice, there was no one, and he found himself becoming both curious and confused, not to mention worried. Had he gone mad? Or was he in the process of it?

》No one could hear the whispers but him, he realized. When he was angry or saddened by anything, they were stronger in their claims of wanting to love him, and when he was more or less content, they were less intrusive. Unfortunately, there was no one he could mention these whispers to out of fear of being seen as crazy. He did not want to know what measures they would take against him if he was going mad if they were willing to send him off to war or do experiments on him in the first place. So, as he grieved over Angeal, he went back to his training and his studies in silence, not mentioning the terrifyingly entrancing whispers he faced on a day to day basis.
—--
》These days, Zack tried to help Sephiroth out when he could, but they were both busy and were never able to talk much, so he understood that. He admired the boy for still being able to smile in such trying times, yet at the same time he found himself jealous for it. Why was the man allowed to remain so bright in even the darkest of nights? Sephiroth had undergone such hardships throughout the entirety of his life, and now that he realized none truly loved him, he was experiencing voices in his head, or rather a singular voice that told him dark truths. Zack, however, did not seem to have to deal with such things. Now, he would not wish the horrors of his life upon that kind soul, but it made him feel horrible to know that others had not had to suffer the way he had. He was so jealous of Zack. He was jealous of everyone, and that envy burned a hole through his curdling heart.

》Sephiroth just exited his bedroom, intending to take himself to the library within HQ, however, as he walked, he realized there was an additional person in the 1st Class Quarters today. It was a blonde boy waiting at Zack's door, supposedly looking sad. He stopped in his tracks, for he recognized such sorrow. Were those tears of loneliness? He knew them all too well, and it made him more curious as to what was going on with the poor boy. Sephiroth was quite tall and mature for his age, but he felt that this boy was only a few years younger than him. He felt pity in his heart. Of course, he scolded himself internally for it, as such feelings would only lead to issues, but he couldn’t ignore the tears of the lonely when he knew the feeling all too well.

》"Why are you here?" He asked, first and foremost. He was certain it had something to do with Zack, but the ravenette never mentioned a younger brother. He had seen this cadet before, briefly, but now he was left wondering if Zack was related to this boy. "Are you alright?" He then asked, looking down at the blonde with curious, kind eyes. Now, he was pretty stoic, but that did not make his gaze any less soft than it was now.

Fandoms, Ships & Characters
~ Anything marked with a '☆' is a favorite of mine. ~
Fandoms AU or Canonverse? Liked Ships Characters I Am Willing to Play As
Final Fantasy 7☆ Both CloTi, AerTi, Zakkura, Sefikura☆, Clerith☆ Aerith, Cloud☆, Sephiroth☆, Zack
Final Fantasy 16☆ Both Clive/ Jill☆, Joshua/Jote, Otto/Cid, Sleipnir/Barnabas Clive☆, Joshua, Sleipnir
Sonic the Hedgehog Both Sonadow☆, Sonamy, Shadamy Shadow☆, Sonic
Danganronpa☆ Both KomaHina☆, Sonia/Gundham☆, Kokichi/Schuichi, Mondo/Kiyotaka, Toko/Komaru☆ Nagito☆, Gundham☆, Kokichi, Mondo, Toko
Persona 5 Canonverse Ryuji/Joker☆, Joker/Yusuke, Joker/Makoto Ryuji☆, Yusuke☆, Joker
Kingdom Hearts Both SoRiku☆, Soranort/Riku Riku☆, Soranort☆
Pokemon Canonverse Leon/Raihan☆, Raihan/Piers, OC/OC☆ Leon☆, Piers, OC☆
Splatoon Canonverse OC/OC☆ OC☆

I have a ton of OCs but am unable to post them here so if you have any questions, just ask! Although more often than not, I create new OCs to fit my chosen RP anyway, I may still use an older OC of mine depending on the situation.​
Hello there !
I read over your roleplay rules and I'm interested in writing with you! If you are available and taking on new roleplays at the moment ?
My writing level is literate - novella. I also do have a sample of my writing that I can send in dms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back