• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy β”β” ππŽπ‚π“π”π‘ππ„ || ooc

elanara

main image-1.jpg
ππŽπ‚π“π”π‘ππ„
A MEDIEVAL FANTASY

TEMPORARY OOC.
Feel free to ask me any questions that you have!
This thread will remain open until Sunday, March 9th at Eastern Standard time.

| 𝐀𝐏𝐏 | π‘π„π‚π‘π”πˆπ“ | π‹πŽπ‘π„ |

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 πŽππ„ β€” 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π•π„πˆπ‹
The Veil is a highly elite, top secret organization of monster hunters headquartered in Rome, however their network extends all across Europe, North Africa, and even parts of Western Asia. For centuries they have protected the world from all kinds of dangers that lurk in the shadows: vampires, werewolves, goblins, ghouls, demons, devourers, and so on and so forth. Chances are, if you’ve heard or read about any kind of monster in a bedtime story, they’re real. Very real, in fact. You just don’t know about it, because our homies @ Veil HQ are out here makin’ shit happen.

Being a member of The Veil requires years of training as well as enormous amounts of personal sacrifice. It is an extremely dangerous way of life filled with plenty of pain and sorrow and death. Only a slim few are lucky enough to survive into old age. Recruits typically join as children. Some, also, are born into it. In those instances, The Veil has been the only thing they've ever known.

There are three very important rules to The Veil. Breaking these rules means punishment, and punishment means death. They are as follows:
  • One. Never abandon The Veil. Once you join, you join for life. You must relinquish any ties to your old life, including any and all connections with your friends and family (if you have any). This is to ensure their safety, as well as preventing sensitive information regarding The Veil or the supernatural in general leaking out into the everyday world.
  • Two. Never reveal The Veil’s secrets. No you can’t go around town telling people vampires exist. First of all no one is gonna believe you, and second of all doing so would be considered a major breach in security. The Elders will make sure to shut that shit down immediately.
  • Three. Never ever ever kill on neutral grounds. No, the Elders don't care how pissed off you are. This is a huuuge no-no. Neutral grounds is considered to be very sacred. Anyone that's ever broken this rule has always been executed on the spot.
Very rarely does anyone break the rules. But you can bet some dumb motherfucker does at least once every five or so years.

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 π“π–πŽ β€” 𝐓𝐇𝐄 π€π…π“π„π‘πŒπ€π“π‡ πŽπ… 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐆𝐔𝐄
The year is 1353. After several long years the plague is finally beginning to wind down. But β€” because the members of The Veil are mortal beings, a lot of them ended up catching the disease and dying from it. Due to this, The Veil's ability to eliminate supernatural threats across Europe has steeply declined over the past decade. And β€” as you can probably guess β€” a whoooole lotta creatures have been runnin' around doing all sorts of crazy ass shit. Not to mention, the deaths of just about two-hundred-million souls brought about a sudden, rather massive spike in the supernatural population.

More specifically, the vampire population.

To deal with the problem, The Elders have begrudgingly passed a new rule stating that "friendly" members of the supernatural community may work with members of The Veil in order to keep things under control. Note β€” they never said they could join, they just said they could help. Key word to remember there.

All in all, many of The Veil's hunters haven't responded well to this. Who can blame them, when after being taught their whole lives to hate and kill their enemies, they are now being told to work alongside them? While there are some who understand allying with supernaturals is a worthwhile cause, there are still plenty of others that strongly believe the opposite. So far, the subject alone has been the cause of many heated debates. But nothing more.

At least, not yet.

𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 β€” 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐔𝐑𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 πŽπ… π€π…π…π€πˆπ‘π’
Something out there is killing hunters. Yeah, we get it, everyone knows hunting is a dangerous business. People get hurt, people die, so fucking what? Death comes for us all. Sometimes it’s someone outside your social circle. You’re disappointed to hear the news, but you never really knew them, so it’s not so bad. Other times it’s an acquaintance. Their loss hurts a little more, but like everyone else, you know it was inevitable. And then, sadly, there are times it hits a lot closer to home. The death of a loved one is never something you truly ever get over, no matter how desensitized to killing you are.

But what makes it worse is when it’s personal. And that’s exactly what happens. Three separate killings, three separate heads delivered to the footstep of Veil HQ. Even if you didn’t know any of the victims, hell, even if you didn’t like them, you’re still pretty fucking pissed. Because regardless of where you stood with that person, they were still one of your own, and if there’s one unspoken thing about The Veil, it’s that you all take care of each other β€” no matter what.

So. The Elders finally decided to open up an investigation on the killings. In addition to that, they came up with the temporary solution of making each of you work in pairs, sometimes even teams of three, so that you may be better equipped to deal with any further unexpected threats when out on a job. But that was nearly six months ago, and from what you can tell, no conclusions on the killings have been made. Plus, to make matters worse, a fourth β€” yep, you heard that right β€” head was delivered just the other week.

And now? Well, now, you’re too damn tired of waiting. Somewhere, at some point β€” and likely after one too many drinks β€” you and your friends came up with the bright fucking idea of figuring out just who the fuck is murdering your fellow hunters and β€” you guessed it β€” killing them all.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒
β€” The governing body of The Veil seats ten members that oversee all activity of the supernatural world. They are extremely skilled fighters, and are far more deadly than the hunters they employ. They are considered the ultimate authority amongst hunters and are feared and respected by all.
β€” Elder's are elected by all members of The Veil (except novices) only when a seat becomes open (basically, when one of them dies).

π€πƒπƒπˆπ“πˆπŽππ€π‹ π‹πŽπ‘π„ β€” π‘π€ππŠπˆππ† π’π˜π’π“π„πŒ
The ranking system applies to Veil members only. Supernaturals are excluded from this system as they aren’t official members.

𝐈. ππ”ππˆπ‹/ππŽπ•πˆπ‚π„ β€” Members remain at this rank until they reach the age of sixteen. During these years they spend countless hours performing menial tasks (someone's gotta keep this place clean lmao), studying history, languages, monster lore, as well as spending many hours in the training yard learning to fight with various weapons.
𝐈𝐈. π€πππ‘π„ππ“πˆπ‚π„ β€” Upon finishing their training, pupils earn the rank of apprentice. Here, they spend the next four to five years working in pairs β€” occasionally teams of three β€” performing low-level jobs that gradually increase in difficulty under the supervision of a mentor. Upon completion of their apprenticeship (which is determined by the mentor), apprentices finally become hunters and earn their medallion. It isn’t until then that they are given permission to work on their own.
𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐇𝐔𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑 β€” The most common rank amongst members of The Veil. They take on a majority of the cases that come through and spend upwards of twenty years at this rank continuously honing their skills.
πˆπ•. 𝐕𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐍 β€” The highest rank of hunters, typically those with several years of experience. They're the only ones that are trusted with the most dangerous jobs. Note: it isn’t uncommon for a regular hunter to request their assistance for certain cases. Typical age of veteran is late 30s/early 40s and older.

Last edited:
Hi monkey!

Interested! Just want to gauge things here...

One! Are hunters superhuman/special in any way to normal humans? Physical superiority or some kind of magic?

Two! Where will the starting location be?

Interested! Just want to gauge things here...

One! Are hunters superhuman/special in any way to normal humans? Physical superiority or some kind of magic?

Two! Where will the starting location be?
Mortals don't posses any magic, they solely rely on their training to get them by. Think the show supernatural, but medieval style lol There are witches/warlocks that do possess magical abilities, though. They just aren't a part of the order.

Starting location is TBD. Likely Italy somewhere, though.

PSA: I'll release an NPC sheet regarding the former victim(s) later this afternoon/evening.

Last edited:
I am actually getting ideas for a character that was born into it with her father and brother both being hunters up until they suddenly disappeared.
Thats cool! Most likely the Veil would have been presumed them dead depending how long they've been gone for. But it's definitely a thing that happens!

How detailed did you need it to be?
The main cast won't have too much connection with the victims, with the exception of maybe the last one. But even then you could keep your app relatively vague on if/how they knew them for the time being.

I think that answers your question, unless you were referring to the app itself?

hello everyone i have a miserable migraine today but i’m hoping to get my sheet finished tomorrow or friday. going to give y’all a terrible gremlin of a man.

hello everyone i have a miserable migraine today but i’m hoping to get my sheet finished tomorrow or friday. going to give y’all a terrible gremlin of a man.
oh no! migraines are literally the worst, i hope you feel better soon! there is literally no rush. your wellbeing comes first < 3

i am, of course, excited to see what you come up with for your character! ( :

elanara elanara Is it okay if my character is an apprentice or would she need to be either a hunter or a veteran?

i'm interested, but i had a question; where and when exactly does the rp take place? asking bc i already have a faceclaim in mind but idk if it'd be realistic for them to be in (for example) england in the 1400s lol

i'm interested, but i had a question; where and when exactly does the rp take place? asking bc i already have a faceclaim in mind but idk if it'd be realistic for them to be in (for example) england in the 1400s lol
it takes place in 1353 starting in italy and we will be traveling all over the place lol, but you are more than welcome to pm me your fc idea and i can let you know if it's a pass or not! ( : i also dont mind helping people look for fc's, as i may have a slight gif hoarding addiction lmao xD

also WOW im so clueless and forgot to add a rules section and a section on monster lore. for the former, i'll toss something up tomorrow. for the latter, just assume everything is based off supernatural/the witcher, just to make life easy. we can create additional lore based off of that as we go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back