no man's sky!

@ghostling I was just patient. I warpped to my 2nd system then found out about the bug and was worried but after an hour or so the questline popped up in my new star system and all was well.

Thanks for the heads up >~> i bought the preorder, wasnt planning on using the ship, but just in case thats good to know

Love Live is the best tbh

and a fleet system would be so cool. Hiring aliens as crew members, trading, having other players come to your place, defending from space pirates, all so cool

Exactly. I wouldn't even care if it was AI controlled, i do kindof wish there was a sort of player hub though.. Maybe over time, that's what the Center will become, a place where people just meet up (provided we can upgrade our hyperdrives enough to make a trip like that convenient)

actually, come to think of it it would be preeetty cool to be able to trade with other players, maybe, things like that. just so long as it remained optional, since, imo, systems like that can often quickly become kinda exclusionary to new/less experienced/less dedicated players, idk. 

holy god there's a thread for this game already whoaaaaa lemme join in the fun you meanies

i dunno what y'all are complaining about. multiplayer is nice, but i think it would ruin the whole point of nms. it's about being alone in the universe, in your very solitary journey, knowing that whilst there are other people out there you will probably keel over and die before finding any of your own kind. now, if it were some kind of endgame thing that happens after you complete the story, well, that's a whole new bible right there...

holy god there's a thread for this game already whoaaaaa lemme join in the fun you meanies

i dunno what y'all are complaining about. multiplayer is nice, but i think it would ruin the whole point of nms. it's about being alone in the universe, in your very solitary journey, knowing that whilst there are other people out there you will probably keel over and die before finding any of your own kind. now, if it were some kind of endgame thing that happens after you complete the story, well, that's a whole new bible right there...

this is an excellent addition to this thread YEAH

i agree it'd be very cool to have it as an option after you've been "forced" to "complete" the game first? i just love it so much as it is, i wouldn't really want anything tampering too much with the complete isolation except a few aliens you can barely communicate with vibe. i don't know, honestly right now i'd be more excited to find a planet or a part of space completely devoid of any other life, or any other ships, apart from my own for a bit. that would be something. 

also: another screenie for you lot because i can't get over this sky. look at it. looook

CpmIQzDXYAAUHwe.jpg-large.jpeg

pretty! how do you take screenshots on the ps4 again? i've found a whole bunch of beautiful planets... and so many monoliths, man.

pretty! how do you take screenshots on the ps4 again? i've found a whole bunch of beautiful planets... and so many monoliths, man.

ty! just hit the share button on the controller  -- i've been sending my nms shots to a specific twitter account & i just save 'em from there if i wanna use them anywhere else, haha. i love the monolith thing so much, actually, the whole 'putting an alien language together like a little puzzle' is so, idk, captivating to me. 

oh yeah! thanks. though i haven't got a twitter so i'll probably just end up photoing the screen lol

and the monoliths are fantastic... i'm aiming to uncover all of gek lore through them, so i always end up looking for monoliths whenever i find one of those glowing lasery beacon things. plaques are pretty disappointing since all they do is give you a new word, but they're still useful because i love getting to feel all smug about understanding what the aliens want from me. i'm still really intrigued by the whole atlas thing. and so tempted to sell the atlas stones, man, a new starship would be awesome. but... nah, gotta resist!

oh yeah! thanks. though i haven't got a twitter so i'll probably just end up photoing the screen lol

and the monoliths are fantastic... i'm aiming to uncover all of gek lore through them, so i always end up looking for monoliths whenever i find one of those glowing lasery beacon things. plaques are pretty disappointing since all they do is give you a new word, but they're still useful because i love getting to feel all smug about understanding what the aliens want from me. i'm still really intrigued by the whole atlas thing. and so tempted to sell the atlas stones, man, a new starship would be awesome. but... nah, gotta resist!

i'm pretty sure you can post them to facebook too, and you can email them? i think? so you could email them to yourself, maybe. i thiiink you can transfer them via USB as well? but, weh. 

i'm really into the korvak currently tbh, so getting to know them a bit better is a goal at the moment. that and somehow reenforcing my ship so i don't keep getting absolutely destroyed as soon as pirates so much as catch my scent lmaoooo.. but aghhhh i'm really annoyed with myself cus, well, maybe i should spoiler warning jic --

i didn't realise in my blind excitement when i started playing that i'd have to pick an option with consequences that would stay with me for the rest of the game & sort of panicked & told the atlas to go get fucked, apparently, so now i feel like i'm really missing out on something <//3 does that mean you picked the option to follow the atlas, then? i'm so so interested in what that's all about.

there's something about games with multiple ending options/whatever that makes me kinda anxious as much as i love it, lol, because especially with a game this scale i know i'm never going to end up playing through it all again... i'm constantly worried that i made the wrong choice. buuuut i'm rambling oh my god i'm just. so excited by no man's sky WOW

Its now sitting locked in my library.

Ya'll are making me jealous. :P

good (; nah, hopefully we're making you excited to play, too!!

this is an excellent addition to this thread YEAH

i agree it'd be very cool to have it as an option after you've been "forced" to "complete" the game first? i just love it so much as it is, i wouldn't really want anything tampering too much with the complete isolation except a few aliens you can barely communicate with vibe. i don't know, honestly right now i'd be more excited to find a planet or a part of space completely devoid of any other life, or any other ships, apart from my own for a bit. that would be something. 

The 'forced' completion is what i was talking about when i mentioned using the Center being a player hub. Like, let's say someone makes it to the center, and theyre equipped by the atlas with an OP jump drive to make travel anywhere more or less convenient. It'd be a wonderful way to add a new level of depth to the game, giving more incentive for the "ultimate" goal, and indefinite playability 

I'm patiently waiting to see how it preforms on PC before I buy it. Not going to fall into the pre order hype for this one.

I'm patiently waiting to see how it preforms on PC before I buy it. Not going to fall into the pre order hype for this one.

honestly, i'm usually against pre-ordering anything as a general rule -- but in this case i was already so fond of the tiny little company and their concept that i wanted to support them.. that, and i knew i'd end up buying something like this anyway (; 

i'm curious to see how you'll like it! only a day left for pc..

The 'forced' completion is what i was talking about when i mentioned using the Center being a player hub. Like, let's say someone makes it to the center, and theyre equipped by the atlas with an OP jump drive to make travel anywhere more or less convenient. It'd be a wonderful way to add a new level of depth to the game, giving more incentive for the "ultimate" goal, and indefinite playability 

ah okay i see what you mean! yeah, i think that could be super cool, although it'd have to be implemented pretty carefully to make sure it didn't just end up everyone zooming around all helter skelter haha ;v; certainly some sort of more convenient long distance travel would be very cool. a way to get back to places you've already been more conveniently, maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
ah okay i see what you mean! yeah, i think that could be super cool, although it'd have to be implemented pretty carefully to make sure it didn't just end up everyone zooming around all helter skelter haha ;v; certainly some sort of more convenient long distance travel would be very cool. a way to get back to places you've already been more conveniently, maybe?

warp gates set up in player-built bases, and you could give people the warp code? idk \o/

some more screenies because i just. i just can't help myself.

CpqC4eIXgAABlyF.jpg-large.jpegCpqDBY3WIAAEgo4.jpg-large.jpeg

I have alot of animal pictures, if you want me to post them I can.

tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco1_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco2_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco3_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco4_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco5_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco6_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco7_540.jpg
tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco8_540.jpg

PICTURES FROM TODAY, I HAVE MORE...ALOT MORE

tumblr_obt3vt2XNp1vvnayco8_540.jpg

PICTURES FROM TODAY, I HAVE MORE...ALOT MORE

yesss the more pictures the better, i love it !!! that little two legged deer looking thing is fuckin adorable, nice find! i haven't come across an irradiated planet yet, i'm interested to see what that's like :0 

PC released but crashed upon startup. This is the best way to launch a game, 10/10. -.-

aww man that sucks, i hope it gets fixed :~( some updates are supposed to be coming up pretty soon, hopefully things will improve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back