No Holding Back

He laughed lightly underneath his breath, shaking his head at her words about Adam. Normally girls melted at Shane's touch but nope, not Mia. When she pulled away he couldn't help but drop his smirk. "You know damn well that I don't care for that son of a b*tch. I don't know why, it's just something about him that pisses me off. Maybe it's that city-slicker accent that he has or how he presents himself. You wanna know what pisses me off the most about him though? That some blue-collared jerk can just swoop in and win you over more than I could in my whole damn life..." He let his voice cut off, he was cursing himself in his head as he pulled out his phone handing to her. He couldn't believe that he just said something so stupid. It made him look like he can't grow any balls until his about out of time.

Mia smirked as she spoke, ignoring the phone Shane was holding out. "Well I'll be damned." she said before turning to the direction where Shane's truck was parked, and where Leah was. Mia cupped her mouth beofre yelling. "Hey Leah! You just won that bet with Jackson!" she yelled to her.

Yeah, Mia heard them at the diner. One, she had great hearing. And two, they were just loud enough for her to hear. It was pretty funny that they were making the bet, and that Mia didn't know that either Shane or Adam liked her. It wasn't a big secret to Mia, but it was funny making people think it was.

She turned back to Shane and snatched the phone out of his hand.
"And you... Adam won my friendship, same as you. So don't think other wise." Mia said this with a wide grin before turning back to the pond, but when she did, Mia muttered "Dumbass." under her breath in joking tone, and loud enough for Shane to hear.

Instead of calling Adam, she sent him a text. Explaining why she hung up, why her phone isn't working, that she was ok, and not to text the phone back. After she finished sending it, Mia turned back to Shane and placed the phone in his hand.

"Did you figure it out yet?" she asked him sarcasticly. Mia was refering to if he figured out that Mia knew everything about him and Adam liking her. If he said no, she was really going to shove him into the pond, even if it was so shallow.

"Hell yeah! Shane finally grew a pair!" She called back through the opened window before laughing at Shane's voice yelling at her to please shut the hell up. Shane looked back to Mia, narrowing his eyebrows slightly at her sarcastic veiw on the situation. He wasn't to kind to the feeling of getting laughed at but he couldn't help but love her actual smile. He hadn't scene her really smile in a long time. Shane sighed deeply at the word friendship. He had never been torn down like this before but he couldn't help but slightly feel like he set himself up for it. He should have known that Mia would never fall for a guy like him. "Well damn." He muttered taking off his hat rubbing the back of his head before pacing it back on out of light nervous habit. "Don't bullshit me Mia. Enough with the 'only friends' act. If ya'll are just friends then hell ya'll are better off than us. It's pretty damn halirous that you'll pick leaving with him over staying her with me." He said with a slight smartass smirk yet his voice was firm.

Mia tried in to hold it in, but it was impossible for her. After hearing the last part, Mia leaned over and let the laughter pour out. In between the laughter she was able to say, "You mean, " She said between her laughing. "you were pissed at me because you thought I was leaving with Adam?" After she said that, Mia shoved Shane playfully as her laughter calmed down. "Your a bigger dumbass than I thought."

Here Mia thought that Shane was pissed at her because she was going to leave without her saying bye to him, or that she told everyone else she was leaving besides Shane, but the real reason was because Adam was comming with her. Mentally Mia was slapping him over the head for saying such a thing. But in reality it made her smile that Shane was so jealous.

As a smiled formed on her face, and all her silly laughter disappeared, Mia began explaining.
"Shane, I was leaving and Adam was coming with me. Not the other way around. The reason he was comming with me was because we have things to do in the same place, we were only going to be staying in the same city together, not the same room. And about the 'friendship act' if you want more than friendship from me, all you have to do is say, which you still haven't done."

After saying that, Mia crossed her arms over and chest, and grinned at Shane.
"You feel stupid yet?" she said jokingly.

Shane rubbed his hands roughly over his face, looking at the pond trying to calm his nerves that were rising at her laughter thinking it was towards him. He listened to her words when she somewhat got herself together. "Damn." He murmured underneath his breath, for a moment it was the only thing he could manage to say. "Hell if matters now if I tell you how I feel. The only person that it would matter to is me because I have to know I told you before you leave." He said gently, looking down at into her bright eyes. He couldn't help but want to reach out and hold her close but she had already pulled away from him once. She might slap him the next time even though he felt it seemed right to. " I feel like a damn retard. Ever since we were little Mia I've had this thing for you. You're like no other girl I've ever met. I couldn't tell you how many things are unique about you because your unique over all. The only thing I'm sorry is about is not tell you this earlier then I did." He couldn't help but smile faintly at her.

Mia let her grin drop as well as her arms as he said this. "So is that why you went out with ever girl in town?" she asked in a sad voice.

She sighed before putting her fist to his chest and letting her head drop. Unlike before, her hair wouldn't be able to cover her face, so she had to drop her head.
"Your so slow Shane.." she said in a sad, low voice.

Yeah Mia had a small crush on him since they were little, but she gave up on it when she saw how he went out with girls all the time. When she saw his dating habits she threw away her feelings for 'the boy who was nice enough to say hi' to her and saw him as a player. But her feelings rosed to the surface the minute she planned thta she was leaving. No way she could say goodbye to her best friend, and childhood crush.

His smirk dropped at her hurt voice and expression, as her words stung like hornets. "Come on Mia. Here me out. I didn't want to ruin are friendship. I didn't want to lose you. I was stupid I get it. You can remind me every single day if you stay. Besides they always save the best for last." He said rising his hand to her chin to lift it tenderly. "You just don't know how long I've been planning to tell you. I just never had the right words. Still don't to the turth, but at least you know." He said with a gentle smile, wrapping his other hand arond her slender waist. At this moment didn't care if he was going to get slapped for his next move or not. He smoothly lifted her head lightly higher to look at him before kissing her lips sweetly, lightly his grip on her waist so she had an option to pull away if she wished to.

Mia was so surprised by his actions that she didn't know how to react. If this was the old Mia, she would lean in without any thought, but given the current situation, she had no time. At least that was going to be her excuse.

Lightly pushing Shane away, Mia covered her mouth with her hand lightly. She had guess by now that she was as red as an apple. Of course Mia was embarssed, and she wasn't going to stick around to see how red her face can get.

Making a fist to her mouth as she 'coughed', Mia turned her hed to the side and muttered,
"i have to go find my car, bye." she said before turning and started jogging back towards her old, ancient truck. Her face still burning red.

As she was making her way back, Mia hoped that Shane wouldn't take her abrupt exit as a no to the kiss.

{Sorry for the late reply, i didn't know what to reply, and i've been busy. hope this makes up for it.}

Shaneran his hand through his hair uncomfortably before walking back to his truckwhich Leah sat in watching with her pleading eyes. Instead of telling her whathappened he allowed her to continue to glare at him awaiting him to saysomething. With a flick of his wrist he turned the radio up till he could drownhimself in the music trying not to think about how he was just miserablyrejected. Shane dropped Leah off at her home so she could get a shower beforewalking down the road to the job site. The owners of the land had left polediggers and the other supplies to get the fence built. It was still going to besomewhat of a challenge because supposedly Jackson was asked to work on thefence also to get it done more effortlessly. After an hour of digging holesinto the ground she wiped the sweat off of her face with her white tank top.When she looked up she sighed lightly seeing Jackson’s truck coming from adistance.

{It's fine I understand totally.}

When Jackson heard about the news about Mia from one of the people from town, for some reason he called Shane first.

As he paced around in the gas station that Mia worked in, Jackson remembered a something that somebody had said.

"Hey Jack boy, haven't seen you in awhile." one of the men called from the counter in the small store.

Jackson laughed as he replied to the man "That's because Jessica does all the shopping."

As he shopped for some things, he overheard the two men at the counter talking.

"Did you hear," one of them said all of a sudden. "Mia got her car stolen, from a storage unit."

The other man nodded before responding, "Yeah, and i heard she disappeared this morning, sometime after talking to Adam. He doesn't even know."

He frowned, "I hope she's ok."

After hearing that, Jackson ran out of the shop and drove to the reapir shop where Mia worked, hoping to find her.

After a few rings Jackson spoke to himself,
"Come on, pick up." he said to the phone.

As Mia slowed her pace getting back to her truck, she still had her hand covering her mouth. She had guessed her face was still as bright as an apple.

Mia was surprised that she was blushing in the first place. it wasn't like her to do such a thing. One thing that went into Mia's head as she walked back to her truck was, 'Did Shane take that as a rejection?'

She hoped not. She hoped he wasn't so dense than to see she was blushing from embaressment than from shock.

But now wasn't the time to think of such things, she had to find her car quick. But it was hard not to think about it, since it was glued to her mind.

When Mia got her truck and got in, she didn't trun it on, or leave. She kind of just sat there trying to process what had just happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back