No Holding Back

DuckieSue

~Leah Farmer~

Oceanic eyes scanned the outer edges of the motel room’s ceiling. So plain compared to what she had left back home in Wyoming. Most of the houses back home had some sort of special thing to them but nothing special about that ******* motel room Leah and her so called boyfriend were staying. She squirmed her spine across the uncomfortable spring mattress, not being able to get one bit content. She closed her eyes lightly, exhaling deeply as she placed her hands roughly over her face. In a matter of seconds though she felt a slight tickle on the top of her foot which made her eyes open wide while sitting up rubbing her foot. She felt a beetle-like body underneath her palm. She lifted her hand to find a cockroach twitching in her hand. “God damn it!” She spat shaking her hand out, jumping off the bed. It had been like this for four whole months going to motel to motel one after another just as nasty. She began carelessly pulling out the drawers before throwing a suitcase onto the end of the bed. “What do you think your doing baby?” The yankee accent calmly questioned as the man pulled her arm from the drawer, spinning her to look at him when she didn’t answered. She snatched her arm back from his tight grip. “What does it look like Ashton. **** you. **** this damn motel. **** that ***** your cheating on me with too.” She yelled wanting so badly to just punch his balls off. His expression fell at her last words. “How did you know?” He questioned looking at her face from the mirror as she turned starting to pack the little that she had into the suitcase. “You’ve never been the sharpest tool in the shed. My father was right. When your stupid your just screwed for life. I know you have problems seeing yourself naked but maybe when your cheating I thought you knew after ******* someone to wash up. Tell her that her perfume smells somewhat like a wet poodle.” She said calmly with a light teasing smirk across her face. She placed on her camouflage coat she hadn’t worn in a great while before zipping up the stuffed suitcase. “Baby can’t we just stop. Please.” She sat on the edge of the bed for a split second pulling her Bradley cowgirl boots onto her feet before grabbing the suitcase and stood up laughing at his silly question. “That’s what she said.” Leah mused as opening and closing the door behind her.

She walking hurriedly through the lobby and out of the trashy motel into the real world. The street lights sparked once or twice like they always did. She ran her finger though her light hair loving the sound of the boots clicking across the cement. It reminded her so much of a few years back in Wyoming square dancing and the sound of the guys whistling their asses off. God she missed being famous in a small town. She had to do something right now, no mistaken her first gut feeling, no more questioning herself.

30 hours later…

Her long blonde hair waving in fresh Wyoming air, probably recovering her lunges from all that New York polluted air. Singing aloud to Back and Black in her ol’ ford that was almost as old as herself. It felt so right. She slowed spinning into the gravel parking lot of the gas station in Jackson. Her hometown. She closed the door carelessly behind herself as she was breathless as one of her old bestfriends walked through the screen door. He glanced over at her before completely halting and turning back to totally recognize her. “Oh my dear sweet lord” He muttered as he jogged over to her spreading his arms out for her. That made her smile brighter, guys actually having respect and not just touching without a gesture. She pulled her arms across his back laughing with light tears in her eyes thinking about how she might have to learn her whole town over again? She pulled back from his firm grip, him grinning ear to ear that old familiar smile she had seen for her whole life. "Look at you. I mean just look at you. Damn girl your looking like low-fat sex on a stick." His deep voice made her smile brighter. "Thank you. Look at yourself. Been working out I see..." She let her voice trail as spotted another familiar face coming out of the gas station. Someone that she wished she hadn't. The man that she had known all her left. The one that got down on one knee for her. The one she had left for the city.

View attachment 3141

Mia Johnson

Mia was walking home from the gas station, she had finished fixing the motor to an old pick-up. She threw the oil covered rag over her shoulder as she walked back to her house. "People need to realise when a car needs to be replaced..." she muttered to herself. She had been working at that gas station since she had turned seventeen, but that wasn't her only job. She rubbed her forehead and remembered about the oil. "Damn oil." she sad trying to rub it off, only making it worst. "I don't get paid enough to deal with this shit." she continued to rub the oil off her forehead.

Jackson Wallace

He was making his way up the hill to his buddy's house. he got a call that Leah was coming home. When he heard about her leaving with that no good boyfriend he pretend to be ok, but he was amd. Mostly at himself for not telling her the truth about his, feelings. His thoughts were intrrupted when he heard curssing near him, sounded like... "Hey Mia what's with the motormouth?" he shot her a grin before she jokinly pushed him. He contianed a laugh as he saw the big mark of oil on her forehead. "Whatever asshole, where you headin'" He pointed to the house on the hill, that's when he noticed Leah was already back. Now he was running up the hill. When he got there Leah was hugging one of there friends, "Hey Leah it's good to..." But his voice drifted when Jack noticed she was there.

Mia Johnson

She was almost about to punch Jack for scarying her, but decided against it. She was confused when Mia followed Jack's hand to Leah's truck. She stopped dead in her tracks, a confused look plastered on her face. "What the...." was all that she could muster. She was surprised when Leah left her behind. Mia was her best friend, at least that's what she thought. She felt the urge to run up the hill and give her a big hug, but instead she walked back to the gas station, she didn't want to see her face.

{By the way the man she left their town for is not there with her. She dumped him back in the city}

She cocked her brow for a second at the familiar man that was lightly panting infront on her. She couldn't believe he was actually talking to her. Leah was shocked that anyone was talking to her to be honest. Around her if you leave normally people just don't forgive easily. "Well I'll be damned. If it ain't Jackson Wallace. It's nice to see you too shug. I wont expecting you to even talk to me to be honest." She said with a sweet smile before one of her old friends came up before turning to walk back to the gas station. "Mia!" She called before realizing she wasn't going to turn back. She sighed lightly turning back to the two guys. One of them just a old friend by the name of Shane and other the famous Jackson Wallace that was her ex fiance. Shane pulled her close to him one more time before announcing that he had to get going but she was welcome to swing by his house later. Leah nodded looking back at Jackson. "How have you been?" She asked leaning against her aged truck.

Jackson Wallace

He shruged "You know I don't hold grudges..." he turned towards Mia who was walking back to the gas station. "unlike some people." He felt bad for Mia, but quickly pushed away the delicate subject. "I'm fine, how you been doing?" He could never hold grudges. Yah of course he was hurt, shocked, and mad when Leah left him for that cirty trash, but burry the hachet. That was a year ago when she left him, he had moved on.

Mia Johnson

She scoffed as she heard Leah call her name, but never turned around. She didn't deserve to see her. By the time she made it down to the gas station, another man was waiting in the shop with an old pick-up, his back was turned to her. She was already mad, and this just blew the lid. "Damnit, why can't you guys just buy a new damn car!" She yelled at the man. She heard slight laughing before he turned around. Mia's jaw almost dropped when she saw the most familiar face. "Adam....?" She said as if the person in front of her was not real. He smiled at her.

Adam Smith

it felt good to feel and smell his home town, to finally come back after a year. He had some business in another country, he never told anyone else but Mia what it was, cause she was invovled in it a bit. His old pick-up was was making nosies he rather not hear. That's when Adam remebered that Mia was still working at the old gas station, or at least that's what Shane said in the calls. He noticed Mia trotting down the hill and towards the gas station, and knew this was the moment. He drove into the shop and turned his back so she couldn't see his face, he could wait to see her face. He tried his best to contain a laugh but it wasn't enough. When Adam finall turned around he smiled at her. 'God she's so beautiful...' he thought to himself. Adam had always loved Mia, but never had the guts to tell her, he was planning on doing it this time. "Hey Mia." he said softly, Adam never planned on what he would say to her, that was stupid of him.

Mia Johnson

When he spoke, mia knew right away it was him. She ran up to him and hugged him. When she finall released him, Mia smaked him right across his face, he was surprised by it. "You bastard, you never called saying that you were coming home." She set her hands on her hips, and gave him a 'You better explain.' look.

The light Wyoming air was chilled causing Leah to fold her arms, rubbing them lightly with her hands to try to warm them. She couldn't help but be just a little disappointed. No yelling. Not one reaction from Jackson but the sweet ol' Mr. Wallance. For him to be this calm about her being back, he had be in a relationship with someone else that was unspoken of. It wasn't any of her business but that didn't stop her from wondering. "Fine but the city ain't where a girl that came from this damn town belongs." She said looking back at Shane getting in his truck and driving off. Anyone in the town could place the owner of that truck because of how loud the motor was. Shane wanted it like that. He always did like being the center of attention. She looked back at Jackson with a smirk. His face brought up so many memories that's for sure. "So how bad is it? Does Mia just wanna claw my eyes out or just flat out kill me?" She asked musefully.

Jackson Wallace

Jack sighed as he pushed his hand depper into the pockets of his coat because of the chill. "Well..." he started as he leaned against her truck. "At first she was shocked to hear you lefted, stood still like a statute. Next was blaming herself for you leaving, saying she wasn't a good friend. Then being sad, and finally, just not wanting to see you." He didn't mean to be blunt about it, but it was true, and Leah needed to know how much damage she did. He sucked in a gust of air before continuing. "Especially since Adam had to leave a month after you." He said this softly, barely a whisper, like he was ashamed to say it.Jack couldn't wipe out the image of Mia's face when she heard about Adam, and he hated that.

Adam Smith

He laughed a bit. Adam expected the blow, and she didn't hold back on her power, which was high. "I wanted to surprise you?" He sai dholding up his shoulders. Adam didn't know what to say, he just hoped Mia wouldn't kill him for it.

Mia Johnson

She smiled softly at what he said. "Well damn you Adam." She heard Shane's truck starting up and slightly shaked her head. "Now that's one truck I wouldn't mind fixing." Mia walked over to one of her work benches and threw the rag that was on her shoulder on to the table. Leaning over to grab a clean one to get the oil off her forehead. "Why is everyone coming back all of a sudden..." she said quietly to herself. She was more than happy that Adam was back, he at least had a good reason why he was leaving, and said goodbye, unlike Leah. Mia looked back at Adam and smiled. "So, how'd it go?" She asked exictedly.

(Adam and Mia aren't dating, Adam just likes Mia, but never told her)

Leah sighed heavily running her fingers through her hair roughly. Anyone that knew her well could tell right off the bat that it was a nervous habit of hers. "Hopefully I can fix that. Obviously theres a lot thats changed and obviously Shane never grew a pair because if he did he would be with Mia instead of that damn Adam boy. Adam never did set right with me." She said opening her truck to get a jean jacket out, not paying attention to her tank top coming up in the back. Her lower back showed for a quick second, exposing the bruises and scars that were on the skin. She pulled on the jacket hoping to god Jackson hadn't seen the injuries because she knew he would ask. She didn't plan to tell anyone that she had be abused and cheated on by the guy that she left the town for. "Wanna go get a drink? Get out of the cold." She asked letting the truck door linger open.

Jackson Wallace

He raised an eyebrow at what she said about Shane. "He likes Mia?" He never did peg Shane as liking Mia. And like Leah said, Shane never grew a pair and neither did Adam. Jack always saw it as, if you like a girl, tell her. That's what Jack did, then again Leah did leave him. Jack pretended not to see the bruises. Thouhts swarmed in his head. 'Did he hurt her? Did she do it herself?' But finally the idea came into his head that it could have been an accident. Plus, it wasn't hi problem anymore. He nodded slightly, "Yah let's go down to the old diner." The wind was harden down a bit. He pulled his jacket closer to him. They would probably see Mia down there later for lunch.

Adam Smith

He heard her say something, but couldn't quite pick up on what she said. She slowly started walking towards her. "Went fine, but took some time to settle things. Where are the others?" He couldn't wait to see the other guys, he missed them and the town so much. He shoved his hands back into his black leather jacket, which he got in Japan.

Mia Johnson

Her smile cropped when me mentioned the others. "Probably talking to Leah..." her voice drifted off as she walked nonchalantly past Adam and to the opening of the shop. Mia saw Shane in his truck and waved her hand. "Shane!" she yelled so he could hear her over his old pick-up. Shane really needed to get the truck fix. She was also surprised to see he wasn't talking to Leah, unlike Jack. She knew that Jack was completely over her, and was glad of it.

Adam Smith

Adam quirked an eye brow when she mentioned Leah. Then put the pieces together, and sighed deeply. "She's back..." he said to himself so Mia couldn't hear him. He turned towards Mia and frowned, she was completely changed because of Mia, so he felt bad for her, but he didn't hate Leah either. Adam easily forgave people, which he hated about himself. He wondered if Jack was talking to her too, or did he move on. Adam mentally groaned when she called over Shane, he somewhat hated the guy, but never showed it. Adam knew he also liked Mia, but also never told her.

The aged ford that Leah started up purred as she jumped in it. She closed the door behind herself cracking the heat and radio up. Once Jack got into the truck she pulled onto the road, feeling like shes been driving for days. "Of course Shane likes Mia. Right after you proposed to me he stopped having that cute little thing for me and moved on to Mia. I just wish he would get to telling her how he feels about her." Leah honestly didn't know how to say sorry for leaving to everyone that she has hurt. She had never been good at that kind of stuff. She speed past Shane's truck beeping teasing getting back in the right lane. Shane smirked to Mia before stopping in the road. "Tonight ya'll needa come over to the barn on Ridge Road. A lot of people are hosting a welcome home party for Leahbug." He called looking in his review for a second before looking back to Mia and Adam. Damn he didn't like that city-slicker that goes by the name Adam but he didn't want to start shit for nothing.

Jackson Wallace

He laughed a bit. "Then I guess it's a competition between Shane and Adam. Adam hasn't told her either." Then an idea came to him, they used to do it all the time when they were teens. "Wanna bet who'll do it first?" he said turning to Leah and rasing an eyebrow. She'd most likly say Shane, but Jack thought it was Adam since he was a city boy, and city boys had more guts. At least that's how Jack thought. When they got to the diner, Jack climbed out of the truck and slamed the door shut. He patted the hood, "You should go see Mia about this beast. Even if she's pissed at you, she woun't turn away a job." It was true, Mia loved working on cars, no matter what.

Mia Johnson

Mia rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly when Shane told them to come to the party. "Uhh....." she had to make up an excuse, Mia didn't to flat out say, 'I Hate that b****, i don't wanna come.' or something like that. Then she remembered Adam's truck, walking over she smaked the hood of it. "Uhh, I gotta fix up this piece of shit tonight." She said nervously, and just to add in how high up the nervous bar was for Mia, she laughed nervously too. Mia turned back to Adam, "Right Adam?" She said through gritted teeth so he would get the idea.

Adam Smith

Adam could easily see that she was still pissed at Leah. He knew the only wasy to get past it, is if the two talk it out. Mia had turned to him so he'd back up her excuse. 'Not this time gorgeous.' he thought to himself. Adam looked over to Shane. Just seeing his face made him wanna tear that smirk off his face. "It's no problem, she can do it tomorrow." he smiled innocently towards Mia. He knew she'd be pissed.

--- Merged Double Post ---

Jackson Wallace

http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kzx8vzV0Dr1qbo0b4o1_400.jpg

Mia Johnson

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6193/6095342333_e3121afa3e.jpg <----- Before Leah Left

http://torrentfreak.com/images/amelia.jpg <----- After Leah Left

Adam Smith

http://normalboy.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/matt-lanter.jpg

Jessica Homswell

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_423/1248796007K3sqHT.jpg

Jackson's voice was heard over the radio before she turned it a hair down so she could hear him clearer. "Shane. Hands down all the way. No way a city boy could grow a pair before a little country boy can. Could you really see Mia with a guy that can't even bait a hook? I sure can't." She had been there done that. Leah had realized that nothing was like having a country man to come home to. After she had parked and was getting out she heard Jack about her truck. "Boy there's nothing wrong with my truck. Maybe the engine needs alittle work but nothing to be worried about....Remember that night when we got in a fight and I kinda sorta ran your truck into that tree? Mia had a time fixing it for you. I remember she couldn't stop laughing when she heard what happened." Leah said wrapping her jacket around herself tightly jogging playfully into the little diner.

Shane couldn't help but drop his smirk as she announced she couldn't go because of Adam. "Sorry Smith a real man can actually fix his own truck. I hope to see ya soon Miss. Mia." He said with a breath-taking smile before driving off to get started on the party with the others.

Shane-

View attachment 3132

Jackson Wallace

He shrugged at her reasoning. "Well Adam and Mia both like cars, unlike Shane who just likes loud ones." He smirked at the last part. As he crawled out of the truck the wind started to pick up, he pulled his jacket closer. "Hey now, give Mia some credit. Half the people in this city wouldn't have a running vehical." Jack tried to avoid anything that invovled him and Leah, no need to bring up old wounds. He walked over to the diner and opened the door for her, when she went inside the picked a booth in the back. The diner had some good memories, they'd all hang out here when they where teens, still do sometimes. Before the waiter could get their oder, Jack's phone rang. He held up his hand before answering. "Jackson here." That was his phone greeting. A long pause before he nodded. "Yah I'll pick it up before I come home." He smiled slightly. "Ok, bye." Jack shoved his phone back into his pocket.

Mia Johnson

She smiled nervously and waved to Shane as he rode off. Then she turned to Adam and threw a nearby screwdriver at his chest, he knew that she didn't want to see Mia, but then again neither did Shane. Mia would deal with him later."Your such a bastard!" She gronaed before heading into the bathroom in the back of the shop to change. After a couple minutes she emerged from the bathroom wearing denim shorts and a white tank top. "I'm getting lunch, wanna come?" Her voice sounded a bit uninterested, but that was usually Mia. She walked over to the door, which was a garage door, and pulled it down, locking it.

Adam Smith

He wouldn't to rip that country boy's throat out, but the feeling passed when a small screw driver was thrown at his chest. He expected something like this from her. He rubbed his chest after picking the small tool up, placing it on the bench. He looked around the bench, she had hung a ton of pictures there before, but now there was none. He sighed at that, she changed so much in the last year. When Mia walked out of the bathroom he held in the urge to drop his jaw, her style of clothing changed too in the last year. All Adam did was nod and helped her shut the garage door. Then he lead her out the side door and locked the door for her.

Jessica Homswell

Jessica was never one to be jealous, cause to her, if your jealous then you don't trust your boyfriend. But Jessica trusts Jackson. He heard from one of her friends that Leah was back in town, she was angered by that, or that Jack went to say hello. Jessica was tending to the garden when she remembered that they needed more butter. She pulled her pink cellphone, yes it was pink, and called Jack. She smiled a bit to how he greeted, it was kinda cute. "Hey Jack, can you pick up some butter?" Jessica could hear that he wa sin the diner, probably with Mia. "See you tonight." She smiled and shoved her phone back into her pocket. Jessica might go down and ruined their lunch.

As Leah walked into the diner she smiled sweetly at the familiar people at the bar. She couldn't help but laugh at their wide eyes, not believing what they were seeing. The comfortable booth is the one they always used to sit in when they sweethearts. The other one over from them was the table that all of them would sit at together. "Well...Well...Well...sweetheart. It's nice to see you back Leahbug. You caused a lot of trouble when you lefted baby girl. People just went damn right crazy. It's good to have you back around shug. So what will it be, it's on the house for both of you." The aged waitress said grabbing Leah's hand for a moment gently checking for a ring with wasn't there. People around her always wanted to know who was with who. No one could ever keep a secrete. "No let me guess shug. BLT with a sweet tea on the side?" She asked with a bright smile. "Yes'm. You still got it Mrs. Stewart. What about you Jackson?" Leah asked looking over at Jack before hesitanting lightly. For a split second she watched him talk to the person on the other end of the phone. He had that spark in his eyes which made her heart dropped. She just knew right then he had someone new. "I'll be back." leah said flatly getting up to wash her hands, but stopping to be greeted and hugged.

Jackson Wallace

He smiled and looked up at the waiter, "BLT too, with fries on the side and a coke." Mrs. Stewart didn't even write it down, knoeing they'd both order the usual. Jack was confused by Leah leaving suddenly, but thought she'd just wanted to use the restroom or greet old faces. He took a glance around the place. Same old booths tables, and chairs, and he liked it that way. Jack's eyes widened as he saw both Mia and Adam walk into the diner. He chedk his watch and cursed usder his breath. It was lunch time so he should have known Mia would be here. Jack highly doubted Mia and Leah wouldn't see each other.

Mia Johnson

The gas satation was only a couple blocks down from the diner, so it only took a few minutes to get there., espcially since Mia grabbed Adam's arm and dragged him.The chilly wind made her colder since she and Adam was running. When the two were walking through the door, they both laughed at the two. "You run like a girl Adam." she joked towards him. The old waitress greeted her, Mia waved to her. "Hey Mrs. Stewart." They both sat a random table, not even notcing Leah or Jack. She loved the diner, food never got boring, and neither did the people.

Adam Smith

Adam was a bit surprised that Mia dragged him, but it was funny since it was windy. As they got there she mad a joke about his running. "You run too fast Mia," he waved to the waitress, she was so nice to him ever since he moved to the small town, but still some of the people from town hated him, like every city boy. "Hi Mrs. Stewart." She smiled at the two and went over to their table to get the two's usualy order. Adam pretended not to notice Leah or Jack, he didn't want to ruin his lunch with Mia.

Leah couldn't help but smile brightly at the attention. In the city she was just another bartender but her she was the Leah everyone had watched grow up. "Miss Leah you better come by the ranch sometime because I got this quarter horse you might be interested in breaking." A middle aged man said after hugging her tightly. "Now. Now. Mr. Howard. This girl has been in the city for a year she might can't handle a bronco like she used to." Mrs Stewart teased frying the bacon for the sandwitches. Leah smirked quickly replying, "I'll see what I can do with him." She returned to the booth after washing up her hands. "I guess I got me a job to do..." She let her voice trail as Mia and Shane walked in. Sighing lightly thinking about their bet. Her eyes scanned over Mia before turning her oceanic eyes back to Jack. "What happened to her? She used to be so conservative."

Jackson Wallace

By the time Leah got back to the table, the waitress had dropped off the food and Jack was eating away. "Mia conservative?" He managed to say between eating and swallowing hiw BLT. "Now if your talking about her new look..." hs voice drifted as he downed his coke. Jack stopped a minute to finish his second. "After you left, Mia chopped off her hair then dyed it. Her clothing style slowly changed." He noticed Mia didn't see him or Leah. Now the big question that was floating around in his head was if Leah was going to talk to her or not. "Like you said, lots changed." he took one last bit of his BLT before wipping his mouth with a napkin.

Mia Johnson

The usual waitress, Mrs. Stewart, came up to the two and asked for their order. "Salad with fries and a diet pepsi." Stewart looked a bit taken back by her order, but Mia pretended to be oblivious. Since it wasn't her usual, she had to write it down. She turned to Adam, "And what about you hunny?" She flashed a quick smile as Mrs. Stewart tapped her pen on the notepad. Mia's phone vibrated a bit, indicating a messgae. She sighed a bit as she read the text message, After she shoved the phone away Mia looked at Adam.

Adam Smith

Adam noticed the shock on Mrs. Stewart's face, and eve Adamw as a bit shocked by her order. But he quickly shook off the feeling and order. "Uhh just fries for now, ate on the way home." Mrs. Stewart nodded and scurried back into the kitchen, shoutin the order at her husband. Adam frowned a bit at Mia's sigh, but didn't asked. "So, what's been happening around here since I left." Adam leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms, pretending not to notice Leah looking at the two.

Leah listened carefully to Jack's words about Mia. She would have never guessed Mia could turn so dark. Mia was the gal that Leah had grown up with. Yes they had gotten in fights. She could never forget when Mia used to get so pissed about how many guys wanted Leah because she was a early bloomer. It had gone from having mud fights to not even speaking to one another. "Damn. What about everyone else? I don't see anything different about Shane, you, even the BLT's the same. She asked with a teasful smirk before stealing one of his fries. She hadn't had one of them in so long it wasn't even right. She only had salads and grilled chicken in New York. She waited for his answer as she sipped her sweet tea carelessly.

Jackson Wallace

Jack smirked as she took a fry. Most of his food was gone so he was finished. "Hell no Shane didn't change, and I ddn't either." Jack didn't want to mention that he moved on, that wasn't any of her business anyways. He took of sip of his drink before glancing over at Mia and Adam. "So, you gonna talk to her?" He motioned his glass in their direction, noticing that Adam looked their way for a second. A part of him hoped she'd say no, another part hoped she'd walk over there and talk to her. Jack set his drink down and pushed his brownish black hair back with his hand,

Mia Jonhson

Mia waited for Mrs. Stewart to set down their food before she answered. "Ya know, same ol' same ol'" she began picking at her salad. Which was true, cities like the one she lived in, never change. The only big thing that woudl happen is Leah crawling back. Mia meantally sighed wondering how she would get out of the party tonight. Shane would come and pick her up is she didn't show, or Adam would drag her there. Ideas like Leaving town before tonight went through her mind. Mia did have to get some new parts for her car, maybe she'll do it tonight. "Hey so did you get the deal for that car I asked?" Mia asked softly leaning in.

Adam Smith

He nodded and smiled to the waitress before chowing down on his food, even though it was just french fries. He picked up his head when Mia spoke. "Oh, sounds exiciting." he said sarcasticly. When she asked about the car, he stopped eating right away, slightly dropping his head. "Sorry Mia, they wouldn't budge on the deal." he also said this softly, but deperssion was in his voice, Adam knew this news would make Mia sad.

Leah pulled herself up from the booth sighing lightly feeling like a pit in her stomach. "Nah I'll talk to her later. Don't turst her with that kife right next to her" She teased lightly as she pulled her pants up before motioning for him to get up. "Im going to stop by that lake we all used to go. If you wanna come with your welcome but I can drop ya back off at the gas station with your truck." She said taking a final sip before hugging everyone at the bar bye. "Come on Leah try your luck babe girl." A familiar voice came from the pool table. "Damn Tyler I wish I could but I got to get going." She said before he tenderly grabbed her hand. "Call me. We needa catch up if your done with fiddling around with boys. If your ready for a real man. " He said as she took her hand away with a gentle fake smile. She just nodded to Jack with a swift look saying 'lets get the hell out of here' before walking out. She ran to the truck looking out the window waiting for Jackson, turning the heat up on high.

Jessica Homswell

After finishing most of the gardening for the day, jessica decided to go visit Jack at the diner for luch, she hadn't eaten all day. Jessica decided to change since her outfit was covered and stained with dirt, then again almost all her clothing was. Jessica didn't mind though, she loved the city and her countrylife as they called it. She jumped into her used black ford truck, it was a gift from Mia, and drove down the dirt road to town. It only took a couple minutes since they loved close to town. When she parked and got out, Jessica saw Leah getting into her truck. It didn't take rokect science to figure it out. Most girlfriends would get angry or jealous, but Jessica didn't. She saw it as, if you get jealous that a girl hangs with you boyfriend, then you don't trust him. But she trusts Jack. Jessica waved to Leah and smiled friendly. "Hey Leah, nice to see you back." The chilly wind lighten up a it, which made her smile. When she walked into the diner a few people waved to her, she found Jack at the usual table he sat at. "Hey Jack." He smiled bightly at him as she made her way to the booth.

Mia Johnson

She hung her head, she was sad. It wasn't Adam's fault though, he tried, that's all that matters. Mia held up a hand, "It's ok, I knew they wouldn't budge on the offer. I'll just fix mine up." Mia picked her head up and smiled at Adam, setting her hand back down. "Thanks anyways." They both had finished with their meals. Adam was about to pay when Mia waved him off. "My treat." she said giving the money and bill to the waitress, nodding to her. Right then Mia saw Jessica walk in, she waved to her. "Hey Jessica." she said in a friendly tone.

Adam Smith

He smiled lighly when he noticed Mia's bright smile, indicating she wasn't sad. He pulle dout his wallet to pay the bill, but before he could reach into she waved him off. He felt a bit bad that she paid, but he could never change Mia's mind. He heard the bell to the door ring and turned around in his seat. he saw Jessica walked in, and made her way to Jack. Adam never got to formally meet her, but heard of her through phone calls. She was Jack's new girl. Well good for him, Leah had clearly moved on, Jack might as well.

Jackson Wallace

Jack's eyes drifted as Leah stood up and started talking to a few people. He helped Mrs. Stewart bring the dishes to the back, even though she insisted otherwise. When he got back Leah was waving for him to come. Going to the old place they used to make out at wasn't the best place to visit at the moment. He waved for her to go. "Nah you go, I got to do somethings." Jack didn't have anything to do, he could help Mia, but she probably wouldn't work for the rest of the day. Or help Jessica with the garden, but he hated that. Right then Jessica came into the diner, he smiled towards her. As she sat down at the booth, he raised his eyebrow towards her. "Thought you were gardening?" She always loved gardening.

"Thanks shug. Nice to see you too." Leah called cracking the window just a little bit so Jessica could hear her before answering her phone swiftly. "Yes this is Leah. Then you heard right I am back. Better than ever...." She let her voice fall to pure silence as she carelessly happened to see Jessica trotting through the diner before seeing Jackson smile over at her. That same stunning smile that she used to recieve from him. She came to reality as the man on the other line was continously asking if she was there. "Yes Ryan. I'm sorry darlin. I'll meet you there. See ya soon." She quickly hung up spinning out of the parking lot. She always loved speed. That's part of the reason she was the barrel racing champion in their state. After about half a hour she pulled up to the ranch that had trapped so many memories into it. Ryan was already standing calmly outside with two horses tacked up. Leah grabbed a heavier coat quickly. One horse she couldn't help but smile brightly to. "I can't believe you still have him!" She said hurriedly hugging Ryan before getting handed the reins. "How could I give such a amazing horse away? Your the only one he'll ride good for though. He throws anyone else off darlin. Now take it easy Miss. Leah. Remember how long its been" Leah smirked nodding as she threw herself up into the saddle. "No promises." She teased as kicked lightly at the stallion's sides, cantering circles around him as he mounted up. "Theres no telling you want to do." He said allowing his mare to lunge outside of the circle galloping toward the lake that was a good distance away. "Bet I get there first." He called with a light smirk. Leah smoothly caught up, but right before pasting him she couldn't help but call, "I'll take you up on that bet shug." After a few minutes she slammed on brakes smiling brightly back at Ryan. "Damn I've missed this." She said leaning up and patting the stallion's neck tenderly. The stallion looked back at her allowing her to scratch his face like he wanted. "I've never seen someone ride a horses like you can Leah. You could really make a living off of it if you wanted." Ryan said before answering the phone that was singing loudly in his pocket.

A few hours passed of just talking and working with horses. Leah always had such a good time with the ol' cowboy. "Well look at the time. You gotta be at your party shug." Ryan said picking her up bridle style to her truck. "I'll drive. Just act surprized because I wasn't suppose to tell." Leah cocked a brow at him laughing, "Great. We both smell like horses." Ryan looked over taking her hand and kissing it tenderly, "Who said that was a bad thing?"

Mia Johnson

Mia smiled slightly as Jessica made her way to Jack's table. She decided on not talking to her since she came this way to talk to Jack. Mia motioned for Adam to follow, when they stepped outside she sighed happily as the wind had stopped completely. That made their way home easier and better, but neither talked. When they got to the shop Mia decided not to open the garage door, she was done with customers today. She turned to Adam "I'll work on yours tonight." She held up her hand right away to prevent any protests, agruments, or anything else that would make her go to that stupid party. She changed back into her original clothing before starting, not wanting to stain her white t-shirt. After a couple of hours on working on Adma's truck and talking bullshit with him she noticed that it was alomost time for the party. Mia silently prayed that Shane wouldn't come as she wiped some grease off her forehead and rolled back under the truck. She held out her hand from under the truck, "Wrench."

I'll post the rest later.

Adam Smith

He was thinking about anything that girl, Jessica, as he never talked to her, since he was the city boy and she was a country girl, but so was Mia. He wasn't able to think it through since Mia waved him to come with her. The walk back to her shop was quiet, but windless, which made him happy. When they got there she announced that she'd work on his truck, but even before he could open his mouth, she deined him. He frowned a bit when she went to change into her 'working clothing' The next few hours were good, they talked bullshit mostly. When Mia asked for a wrenched he scanvengered for it, but couldn't find it on her messy tool bench. "You know, I thought girls were supposed to be originzed." he joked to her. When he found it Adam walked over and placed it in her hand, which was stained with oil.

Jackson Wallace & Jessica Homswell

They talked for a couple ours after Jessica had arrived. They both carefully avoided any subjects invovling Leah. It was a conversation ender for them, even though Jack knew Jessica wasn't jealous and she had told him multiple time. But he didn't but it, everyone gets Jealous. They decided on staying there until closing time, they both loved the place every much, so much memories.

The truck ride was full of laughter and conversation but Leah couldn’t restrain from letting her mind wonder to the sight of Jackson’s expression towards his girl. Not even in his wildest nightmares did she imagine that her town could have changed so much. She couldn’t believe that someone could forget about all the memories that they had together. Even though it was near dark when they passed Jackson’s home, shestill got a glance of a aged horse barn that brought a horrible memory back.

"Jack! Dinners ready!" She hollered out the screen door seeing the barn doors notopen after a few minutes she cocked her head stepping out of the house. Shetook off her apron placing it on the back step before making her way barefootedto the barn. "Honey?" She called through the barn pushing one of the sliding doors out to walk in carefully. She ran over to his body that laid in the chilled hallway. He had obviously fallen through the ceiling where they kept hay. Tears brimmed her eyes as she carefully scanned his body, seeing he was all blooded up. He was barely breathing. "Leah...I’m freezing."He managed to let escape his lips but ever so faintly. "Our kid is going to need you. I need you. You aint leaving me like this Jack stay in there." She said letting the tears stain her cheeks. "You’re pregnant?" He asked smiling the best he could through the pain.

God obviously knew she wasn’t or they weren’t ready for a child because she had a miscarriage. The truck door slamming shut made her come back to reality. Her eyes scanned over the party as she got outs eeing all the young adults jamming to the music. One of her good old guy friends, Dustin, got onto a tailgate through the crowded area. He held his beer in his hands as he talked getting everyone’s attention. “Miss Leah, I don’t where to begin really. Through thick and thin you will have this town always to fall back on. Hopefully you’ll stick around. We’ve sure have missed your sexy self. I’m probably speaking for the whole crowd but I really would love to seeyou back in the saddle. Welcome home Leah.” He raised his bottle as everyone cheered before continuing to dance along to the raging music. Dustin set down his drink before walking up to Leah with a crocked smile, asking for a dance.She sweetly agreed as a slow rhythmic song came on. As she buried the side on her face in his shoulder gently, she searched over each person she could see.The happiness was clear but the people who were once closest to her weren't there.

Shane spent most on the evening planning and putting together the party so when he came by Mia's workshop he was ready to go but he wouldn't dare let it show. He did what he had grown up to do when he entered the workshop. Be patient and don't rush a lady. If you rush them they might leave without you. He leaned against the door frame of the room they were in. "Ready Miss Mia?" He asked with that winning smirk before glancing over at Adam. He just couldn't see what Mia could see in him. Shane wasn't the kind of guy to give up on something he wants. Wanting a fine lady isn't enough though. She has to want you back. Normally that wasn't the problem with him. Any girl would be happy to be with him but Mia. She never really showed any kind of affection towards him which made her stand out above the rest to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back