No Holding Back

Mia Johnson

She laughed a bit as she went back to work with the wrench Adam handed him. Not even a couple minutes later a voice hear the door scared her enough to where she hit her head while under the car. "Damnit!" her voice followed after the lound BANG her head made on the car. Mia mentally sighed as she realize it was Shane who was coming to pick her up, she should have seen this coming. Rubbing her head, Mia rolled out from under the car, her vision was flipped so she saw the both of them upside down. "Shane, let's try and not give me a concussion while I work." she said in a sarcastic tone, giving off a smirk. Mia imagined her forehead and hands were covered with oil since she has multiple times wipped off her forehead with her dirty hands. Mia refused to wear gloves while working. Rubbing her head still she stood up from the old creeper she had being using ever since she worked there, her vision fixed and the two boys were right-side up, like her. She turned to her work bench and grabbed one of the dirfty rags and begin wipping her hands off. "So, I'm guessing your going to make me go to the party huh?" she asked looking up at Shane, but still wipping her hands off.

Shane's smirk fell for a spilt second hearing her head bounce off the metal. He got off leaning against the door frame having the sudden urge to make sure she was fine. He had to remember that Mia was independent and normally independent women don't like when you help, just like men. Plus it would kinda be akward holding onto Mia while Adam clearly had that thing in his eyes towards her. The hate was clear in his eyes towards Shane. Did Shane care? Nope. Did he even kind of enjoyed it? Hell yes. Shane tried his damnest not to say a smartass comment towards Adam. "It's your choice. You can go kicking and screaming or just in soundly in the passenger seat of the truck. Either one. I have some rope in the back." He mused opening the door for her.

Mia Johnson

FInishing cleaning off the oil, Mia threw the rag back onto the workbench. She turned to Shane, crossing her arms she leaned against the wall. A smirk appeared on her face "Sounds like a challenge there Shane." she said sarcasticly. Mia wasn't sure what to do. Ignore him and go home to enjoy the last of her day, or go to the dumb party and just ignore Leah. Mia wasn't sure, so she just stood there and waited for Shane's response.

Adam Smith

He knew this from the minute that they met, that Shane didn't like him, neither did Leah, just because he was from the city and not from the country. Adam thought that was stupid to think that way, but luckly for him there was people in this small town that didn't care where he was from. But he sensed the hostitlty towards him was intensed. Adam had no idea why though, he hadn't done anything.... that he knows of.

The ticking of the clock on the wall made Shane tap his boot lightly along with it, watching her crossing her arms in protest. He narrowed a brow musefully at this before realiezing she was serious about not wanting to come. "I'm not going to throw ya over my shoulder kicking and screaming to not go see a girl that put a big part into who you are today. You both benefited off of eachother's different personalities. What happened to that girl that would forgive and forget like everyone else is trying to. Trust me Miss. Mia you weren't the only one who missed Leah like hell. Everyone was so pissed at her but they realized she didn't need to know that. This is her home town and people love her here. The only people that don't are the ones that don't matter to her. You're a different story though. How is she suppose to say sorry when you wont get in the same place as the woman? Do you even want your bestfriend back or do you just want to forever hate her? Your choice sweetheart."

Shane shook his head taking off his cowboy hat rubbing his hat hair before placing it back onto his head. "If you actually want to go a pair and go to the party then I'll see ya'll there. If not I hope ya'll have a wonderful time have a party for two." He turned swiftly making his way to the bonfire not having anymore patience for Mia's attutide.

Mia Jonhson

She scoffed at what Shane had said. Then when he said about her and Adam go to the party together she raised a brow at that. "What the hell is that supposed to mean Shane? Why do you gotta bring Adam into this?" Mia yelled to him before he could leave the shop. Now she was frustrated. Shane had to guts to tell her that it was basicly her fault, that she had no reason to be angry.

She threw her arms into the air.
"You know what!? Screw this town and you Shane! I should take that job in Miami, so you all can go back to loving Leah and pretend that she didn't do shit!" She yelled loudly at Shane.

Walking over to Adam's truck, she slamed the hood shut and walked into the personal office in the far right corner of the shop. From the office she threw out two duffle bags in front of the door, so they were visble to the two boys, but was still in the office looking for something.

Shane at this point ingored that Adam was there. This was not a competion on who could win over Mia's heart anymore to him. He walked quickly went to the office doorway taking the duffle bags and slidding them across the flooring so she wouldn't pay attention to packing for one second. "Oh so when life gets rough you're just going to walk out? Like Leah? You hate her but you're just like her. You act like she killed somebody Mia. She was scared and pregnant and she didn't want to tell anybody. She didn't even tell Jackson which was the damn father. I was the only one she told. She had a miscarriage. She didn't come back sooner because she was embrassed that she lost her baby. I'm not saying leaving was right but people do stupid thing when there scared or raged. Like right now you're about to hit the road because you don't want to let someone say sorry to you. Leah and you are the women is this town that everyone looks at. Always has. Always will." As he talked his tone of voice got calmer and smoother.

Mia Johnson

She threw her head back and started to laugh as she serached for the pre-packed shoulder bag she had lying around, ignoring the fact that Shane kicked er duffle bags.
"Walk out of life. Shane I'm starting my life!" She laughed some more.

"This job will take me away from this secluded town and to a place where there's not problems like this."

Mia turned around and looked at Shane, she was tearing up a bit, but still had a smile on her face, laughter lingering on her face.

"Did you really think I'd stay in this town forever. If it wasn't for Leah, I would have never tried thought to leave this town. Don't you get it? I don't hate her, I admire her for having the guts to leave this town, but she chickend out and came back." Her voice was cracking up as she said this, her eyes watery.

Turning away from Shane she placed a hand on her forehead
"It doesn't matter, I was already planning on going this week anyways." Mia took a long pause before continuing. " And you don't have to worry about Adam anymore, he's coming with." She said this camly and without laughter. Mia was done with this, with everything.

It felt like everything was slipping through his fingers but he managed to just allow Mia to continue to fall. There was no way to pick someone up after they have their mind dead set on it and by her eyes she did. He hated to see her cry but he couldn't do anything about it. He tried not to show the rage that bubbled up in his chest as she talked, sighing heavily when she said Adam was going with her. So this was what it came down to. Mia leaving this bitty town full of love for a big ol' city with a boy on her arm that don't even know how to skin a deer. She had fame and big dreams not having a family and having fun in her mind. He should have seen this a long time ago. He nodded faintly then looked at Adam with somewhat friendly eyes. "Man you better listen to me and listen to me good. You better look after this woman. Better treat her like one too. She can hold her own you can tell that but when she needs you to hold her. Damn it you hold her all ******* night if she needs you to." He snarled before turning to Mia walking over to her silently taking her hand from her forhead before kissing her forhead tenderly. "Miss. Mia just please wait till tomorrow. Please have the kindness to tell everyone goodbye. I'm begging you pretty girl just do that for me." He took a pause before continuing. "Be safe darlin, I hope you find what your looking for in the city." He sallowed his pride as he stepped away from her, swiftly walking out of the garage before getting into his truck. He punched the dashboard residing his anger into it. He sighed heavily looking back at the garage feeling defeated as he started his truck.

Mia Johnson

She turned away from him before softly speaking. "It wouldn't have worked out between us. I'm not some challenge to win or overcome Shane." she said in low, nonchalant voice.

Yes of course Mia had known that Shane was hitting on her and trying to get her to go out with him. But she wouldn't. For the simple fact Mia knew he didn't like her, just found her as a challenge because she was one of the few girls to not go gaga over him. So instead of saying anything, she pretended to be oblivious. Mia wanted to know how far he would have gone.

Adam Smith

He stood perfectly still and emtionless as Shane came up to him and yelled at him to take care of Mia. He said it as if Adam didn't already known this, or that he had plans of abandoning her. He wasn't surprised when Mia said that Leah was the reason she was leaving. Mia had changed so much over the time that Leah lefted. Adam thought she changed for the better.

Shane rubbed his hands over his face, the feeling of defect washing over him. He never lost at anything and now he had lost the only woman he ever could see himself with. Of course he had girlfriends in the past but he couldn't ever see a future with them. Instead of going to the bonfire he sped home, turning sharply into his driveway where he resided for the night.

As the night went on Leah noticed that Shane hadn't shown his face at the party, which he had set up. It struck her as strange so when she left she stopped by Shane's house noticing the lights not on besides the television you could see the window. She was going to surprise him so she got his hide away key from under his doormat and let herself in. As she walked in she nearly busted her ass on a glass bottle of beer before she hurriedly turned on the lights. "Mia's leaving Leah. I don't know if it's tonight or tomorrow. All I know is she's leaving with...Adam." His words were slurred as he got off the couch setting the bottle in his hands on the coffee table. "You gotta stop her Shane. There's no way in hell th..." Leah started before she went silent at the sound of glass smashing up against the wall next to her. "It's you'r fault. If you wouldn't have left nobody would have changed. Everyone would have stand grounded but no. You just had to be a wimp and run. Instead of just telling Jackson the news." He said stumbling infront of her, rage overcoming his face. She stood frozen as he got closer to her face, glarring into her eyes. "Just say it. You still love him. His gone and there's nothing you can do about it." He spat wrapping his arm around her slender waist, kissing her neck roughly. "Of course. I do still love him. You're right though his moved on. Were in the same boat Shane." She said the alcohol in his system blocking her clear thoughts. The words she spoke was the turth though.

The next morning Leah's eyes fluttered open, her head pounding, as she felt a man's body snuggled up behind her bare body. She sallowed hard before looking behind herself to see Shane soundly sleeping. "Awh damn it." She murmured underneath her breath, quietly retrieving her clothes from the floor. She was successful at the mission of not waking Shane. Luckily he wouldn't remember what happened. She rushly got her things and left. She was on the way home when he truck started to give out. Pulling of the road she noticed the gas tank was empty. "Could this get much worse?" She asked outloud to herself as she grabbed her keys and started walking to the nearest gas station, that was at least four miles away.

After she heard the roar of Shane's truck disappear she turned to Adam and sighed. "At least it went better than what I expected." She tiredly picked up her duffle bags and threw them onto the couch in the office. "He's so stupid to think I would leave tonight and not say anything. Like Leah." Mia motioned for Adam to leave. "You leave, I'm gonna work on your truck for the rest of the night." she said in a nonchalant voice, or more of a tired one.

Adam nodded, realizing that Mia was tried as he was too. So without saying another word he lefted the shop and made him way to the small inn that was up the hill. The cold air smaking his face as he walked.

For the rest of the night Mia worked on Adam's old truck, but eventually fell asleep while taking a break watching tv in the office.

The loud, annoying ringing coming her phone made Mia fall off the couch she was sleeping on. Stummbling to get up she tore her phone from her pocket and answered it. "
Yes, yes, Hello?" she said in frantic tone as she gathered her balanced. Mia would always get like this when she got a phone call in the morning.

After a couple seconds of listening to the caller talk a shocked look appeared on her face. She dropped her phone and fell to her knees.
"I- i- i- it was stolen...?" she said in a a shocked, low voice.

_____

After Adam woke up extra early this morning he went to the storage unit that Mia had kept her car in, she had given him a key since they both worked the same job. When he got there to check up on the car before heading out today, his knees almost gave away when he saw the storage unit was empty. No car, no nothing. He leaned against the frame of the unit to support his weight. Someone had stolen Mia's car, and he was going to be the one to have to tell her. But Adam violently shook his head. "No, no, no. It can't be stolen." He laughed nervously in between words, but he knew it wasn't true. Pulling his phone out of hiis pocket, Adam dialed Mia's number and listened to it ring.

Shane turned over in his bed, wipping his hands roughly over his face trying to rid himself of the sleep in his eyes. He lifted up swinging his legs off the bed, sitting there for a second before getting up. He looked down not caring that he was completely bare as he made his way to the shower. After turning the shower on he looked in the mirror hesitantly as he waited for the water to warm. As soon as he looked at himself he could feel the guilt and defeat cover him all over again. He had to do somehting. He just didn't know what he could do. There was nothing that he could do to stop Mia from leaving. It was her decision to leave everything for a new life. He couldn't believe that he hadn't said anything to her about having feelings for her. He had a thing for her ever since they were ten. He jumped in the shower gradually washing, just allowing the water to fall over his muscular body. It didn't matter how hard he washed he couldn't wash away that glum feeling that had overtaken his body.

Leah took off her heels and continued walking on the yellow line of the road. Someone would have to ride by sometime or another or she would just walk the rest of the way. She looked up at the sky sighing heavily before glancing over the the pasture of horses next to her. Leah whistled making them lift their heads and stop grazing for a moment before the stallion of the group began walking towards her. "Hey sweetheart." She cooed as the stallion cantered to her pushing slightly up against the wooden fence as he stopped, reaching his neck over the fence. She smile lightly holding out a hand allowing the stallion to lip her fingers.

Miaa sat on the cold, dirty floor of the shop. Her head dropped so her hair covered her face. When she had dropped her phone it had broken on the concerte floor. But Mia didn't care, she was too shocked to think of anything else. The same thought, the same sentence ran through her head. 'Somebody stole it....' The thought echoed loudly in her head. She wasn't sure on what to do now. But one thing was certain, Mia wouldn't be able to leave the town now. When the thought entered her head, she burried her face into her dried oil hands.

After a couple minutes of sitting there with the shock and sad look on her face Mia slowly stood up. Mia fiigured sitting here and being depressed over something that couldn't be fixed was stupid. What she should be doing is figuring out who had the nerve to steal something of importance to her, and take it back.

____

Adam sighed when the line cut off the moment he told her the horrible news. Stuffing the phone into his pocket Adam guess that she dropped her phone and broke it. He realized that he wouldn't be able to do anything for her now since he was at the storage unit, which was three hours away from the town. A long, deep sighed escaped his lips when he realized he needed to call somebody to make sure that Mia was ok. Debating on who to call, which was between Jackson and him. He tried Jackson first, but it went dtraight to voicemail. He remembered that Jackson had broken his phone while fixing his house, and he didn't know Jessica's. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck realizing that he had to call him.

Slowly dialing his number Adam held the phone tightly in his hand as he waited for Shane to answer.

Shane had just hopped out of the shower, pulling a towel around his bottom half, when his phone started singing. It was on the night stand in the bedroom so he walked swiftly thinking it was Leah with good news about something. Leah used to always find a way to brighten someone day when she knew something was truely bothering them. One time when a girl ditched Shane because she thought he was cheating. Leah called him joking about ideas they could do to the woman. Shane looked to the caller ID and it was unknown, which he narrowed his eyebrow at lightly before answering. "Shane Heath here. How can I help you?" As soon as he heard Adam's explanation for calling he hung up getting his clothes on and headed down to the garage. When he arrived he couldn't help but go right in to see the damage that the news had caused Mia. "Wanna ride around see if we can see anything from the rode. Probably you'r car is fine Mia. No one would wanna ruin that good looking thing." He asked in the doorway, his heart dropping at the sorrow and hatred in her eyes.

Leah had no intention of pulling away from the friendly stallion until she figured she needed to put on her hazzard lights. She went back to her truck just to push the button. She didn't have to be at work until lunch so she didn't care how long it took for someone to pass through. She didn't bother to call anybody fot help because she didn't feel like she had to. Whoever was passing would get her. It was just that southern thing. She just so happened to see Wallance's truck going up the road towards her. She sighed lightly knowing he would stop, and on the bright side probably his girl would be in the passneger seat.

As Mia removed her hands from her face she glanced down at the floor, where her shattered phone laid. Sighing, she crouched down and started to gather pieces, her facial expression neutral.

When Shane busted in through the door, not even a knock or anything, she immediately stood up, with the broken phone in her hands. She raised her eyebrows at Shane, a confused look on her face.
"What are you going on about Shane, and what are you doing here?" she said in a angry tone while walking to the garbage, throwing the broken phone away. Then Mia walke dover to her truck, which was parked in the shop, and patted the hood. "My truck's right here." she said shaking her head and frowning at him.

Mia guessed that Adam had called him, and asked him to come and confort her or something, but he was the last person she wanted to see at the moment. But she also didn't want him to know anything was up. Nobody exceot Adam knew what she did in her free time, or that she had another car. And Mia wanted to keep it that way. She mentally made a fist, angry at Adam for even thinking of calling Shane.

As soon as she started talking, those asshole expressions got to his nerves almost instantly. He would never lay a hand on a woman but if a man looked at him with such disrespect, there was no telling how hard he would have plowed his fist into the guy's face. If she wanted to be a b**** he could sure as hell treat her like one. Gradually he took off his hat, flatting old his damp hair before placing the hat back onto his head. He looked back up with a light-hearted smirk. "Alrighty then b****. Tell your white-collar boyfriend that if he thinks this is funny, I ain't laughing. It would be a nice idea just to get the hell out of this town already. Nobody will miss your slimmy ass anyway. I'll even rent you a moving truck if you need one shug." He snarled before turning and walking out. Yes he new about Mia having another car. Did he care why she had it? Nope.

{Are ya going to post as Jackson?}

Mia was silent the entire time he insulted her, to the moment he left. The second he did leave she threw her tight fist into the side of the truck, leaving a dent. "Damnit!" she yelled angerliy when she did this. Not only did the one thing that was very expensive and important to her get stolen, Shane had to come in here and insult her, and Adam... She figured he was jealous or something. But what reason did he have? It's not like her and Shane were dating, neither was her and Adam. But she shook her head. People said girls were complicated, they should meet Shane and Adam. Pushing away the thoughts of the two, anger overcame her again, when she remembered what had happen. Stompping her way out of the shop, one of her regulars titled his head to the side when he saw her. "I thought you were leaving Mia?" Surprised by the voice, she turned quickly to find it was just a customor. Forcing a smile she shook her head. "Some delays came up, so I won't be going..." her voice difted on sadly. Mia did tell everyone that she was going, the moment she thought about going, she consulted alot of the people from the diner. When she came up with her choice she told everyone, everyone besides Shane. Mia didn't know why it was so hard to tell him that she way leaving, but it wasn't hard when he brought up Leah. But before she could think further, the man nodded. "Oh ok.... i see your probably busy, I'll come back later." and with that he left. When he did, Mia saw Shane marching off to his truck, in an angry fashion, like he had a excuse to be that way. The only reason she acted the way she did is that he insult and yelled at her last night, and she was trying to make sure he didn't know about the car, thanks to Adam opening his big mouth. Again she remembered about her car, looking around she found a glass bottle, picking it up she heaved it, imapacting on a broken truck that was her's, which was parked by Shane's truck, but she didn't notice. "Damnit....." she said furiously under her breath.

____

Closing his phone, Adam sighed deeply again, which seemed like the millionth time today. He didn't know what to do. Going back to see Mia, would probabaly be difficult since most likely she woulnd't be there, calling her was no option. Then a thought popped into his head. He was near Jackson's house. Maybe he'd know something, seen, ir even heard anything last night. With a small light of hope, Adam ran back to his car, pulled out, and screeched down the abandoned road.

After a few minutes of speeding down the road, Adam finally made it to the house. The place seemed norma;, but the person who owns it, isn't. He wondered if Jackson was awake yet, usually he slept in till late noon on the weekend. Getting out of his car, Adam looked up the house before walking down the pathway to the house. Right as he was about to knock on the old wooden door, it opened, revieling a tired looking Jessica.
"Hey Jessica.... Is Jackson around by any chance?" he said with a bit of hope in his voice.

____

After Jackson woke up early this morning, which resulted in her waking up early, Jessica made her way down the steep steps of the house to get to the first floor. At first when she got downstairs, Jessica swore she heard foot steps creeping outside, she guessed it was Jackson. So walking nonchalantly, or more tiredfully, to the door. She yanked it opened. But she didn't find her boyfriend, she found Adam with sad look in his eyes, but a hopeful stare on her face. She was surprised to find him here early in the morning, but there was surprises everyday. Scratching th back of her head, Jessica answered him.
"Umm, no, he went out early this morning. Weird for him huh? What did you need, maybe I can help." she said in a friendly tone, but somewhat hoped he'd say no since she was extremely tired. But the second she thought this, Jessica quickly took it away. That was rude, even if she thought it in her head and not aloud. "I really hope I can help, you look troubled." it was true, Adam looked like his mother died or something, but that was an overstatement, he'd be going to Mia, not her if a family member died. then it hit her, if he didn't go to Mia staight away for something, then... did something happen to Mia?

After riding a few miles, Shane's anger just went higher as the engine roared. He was pissed at himself more than anybody. There was no way in hell that Mia was going to stay so he pointed his finger to Leah. In his mind it was all Leah's fault that Mia had worked up the guts to leave this town. Just to add to his rage as he sped over the hill, there was Leah's truck parked out. He slowed down until stopping beside it, seeing her over by the fence. "I don't know what to feel, what to do, what to say... You left because you were pregnant. You had a chance of having children, but you were too scared so you left.God Shayla! You ever think that you could have talked to Jackson? That you should have brought up the subject and ya'll could have worked something out? Do you really not trust him that much? Do you feel so uncomfortable with talking to him that you couldn't tell him? You still havn't told him damn it. Shayla what the **** made you want to tell me and not him? What the hell made you think you could talk to me?" Shane snapped after he got out of the truck. He couldn't look at her anymore, but he didn't care it would help him blow off steam. He couldn't believe how her situation turned into this. It made him angrier then he ever tought he could get.

At that point Shane was done. He didn't want to be in her life no matter how much he loved her as a friend. He honestly couldn't be around her anymore.She made her last and final mistake when she left that night.

Leah couldn't help but walk over to him swiftly to push his chest roughly making him take a step back into his truck. His expression didn't change. "
God damn it Shane! How many times do I have to say how sorry, I am! At least I'm doing something that you never did! Wishing that the person you love is happy. If Mia is happy let her go and live her life damn it. Don't be the weight that holds her down from going." Her started off sharp and firm but ended with being completely calm. She knew he was going to have something else to say. They were both stubborn and needed the last word. She raised her brow faintly in surprizment when he took of his hat and rubbed his head before putting it back on without a word. "Get in the truck Leah." He murmured before getting back into the truck.

Sighing in defeat, Mia pulled herself together, and walked into the shop. Jumping into her garbage of a truck, Mia sat there for five minutes trying to start the truck. After the seventh time, it started and she drove. She didn't know where, just drove on the dirt road, hoping that no one would find her.

After a while, a small little pond appeared in front of her. Getting out and slaming the door behind her, Mia walked over to it and sat of the edge. This was where all of them, excluding Adam and Jessica, played when they were kids. This is also where Mia went to get away from everyone. She was sure someone else used it for the same purpose, but thank god no one was there, at least for the moment.

____

Jessica frowned slightly as she walked onto the wooden pourch, closing the storm door behind her.
"Did something happen to Mia Adam?" she asked carefully, hoping that she wasn't, but could tell something bad happened.

Stopping to catch his breath, all Adam could do was nod his, since he was too tired to explain everything at that moment. He pointed a finger to the door,
"Can we go in, it's cold?" he asked ina tired voice.

Nodding she opened the door for Adam, and walked in first. Jessica was scared, worried, concerned for Mia.

(My hand hurts so I'll finish the rest later, sorry)

Shane seemed like he was watched the road as he drove, but he wasn't. Leah knew this but she didn't speak even though the silence was killing her as they drove down the back roads. Every road was familar and she knew excatly where he was taking her. When reaching the dirt road that lead to the pond they all used to go, Leah couldn't help but have a cautious feeling. She didn't want to see how much the pond had changed because that stood for so much more to her. Shane queitly got out of the truck after turning it off at the edge of the woods. "Leah do you see this? Do you see how this place has lost that warm inviting feeling that it once had?' Leah sallowed hard looking around not even being able to see the pond because of the overgrown grass. "People change and so do places I guess." Shane murmured shaking his head. "I get it Shane. I get that pissed at me. Really I do. You make it quite obvious shug. Don't act like you're the only one that has memories here. I grew up here too Shane. I have my freaking name is in that ol' oak tree on the other side of this pond just like you and all rest of the group. I'm the one that would always be the first one to jump in. I'm sorry I left but sorry doesn't change that Mia's leaving. If she wants to try her options so be it, she will always know this is her true home and roots. You want to be mad about it and blame me but I just want to know something. I want to know if there is some slim chance that ya'll will eventally forgive and forget." Leah spoke firmly as she walked up to him as he listened intently. His heart grew heavier at her words. "I forgave you the day you left. I forgave you the moment I started missing you, the moment that I just wanted to hold you. Leah, how do we know you wont leave us with that helpless feeling? I hated it, I wanted nothing more then to have you back by the pond like we used to." Shane's voice was filled with pain as Leah started moving towards him.

"I've learned my lesson though." She said with a light smirk as he pulled her into a warm hug. "What are you going to do with Mia?" Leah questioned looking up at him for a quick second. "The same thing I did with you. Let her go and see what happens." Shane said watching the grass move left to right in the mildly rough wind.

Mia enjoed the quiet sound of the water lapping the sides of the pond. That was until a loud-ass pickup truck came rolling by. She was across the pond from the truck and was hidden behind some leaves.

She saw and heard Leah and Shane talk. Crossing her arms with a smirk on her face, Mia walked over to them.

"You don't have to worry about Mia leaving, because she's not going." she said in sarcastic tone, keeping her gaze at the pond, not looking at the two.

She wondered why they two were here. Then she figured out that Shane was pissed at Leah because he thinks it's her fault that Mia was leaving. She mentally shaked her head at the stupid thought. It had nothing to do with Leah that she was leaving. Mia only said that get Shane off her back about leaving suddenly like Leah. Difference was that Mia actually told everyone about her leaving, everyone but Shane. Shane was her best guy friend. They had been close every since she moved to this town when she was two years old. He was actually the first kid to talk to her. So for Mia, telling him that she was leaving was impossible. Too bad Shane couldn't see that.

Shane keep Leah close to him at Mia's words, knowing by the feeling of her muscles tighting that it wasn't going to be a pretty sight. "Wait what? You're not leaving? What happened? Came to your senses Mia?" Shane questioned keeping his eyes on Mia but gave Leah a quick pleading look not to speak. Leah gritted her teeth at the look but she understood it wasn't her time to speak. She couldn't help it though. She tried to keep her thoughts to herself but it just didn't happen. "You can't just tell people that love you that you're leaving and not leave. It just gets everybody missing you already. It's like threating everyone. It causes pain for not damn good reason and makes you look like an attention hog Mia." She snarled pushing away from Shane's firm grip. "Don't want to see you leave because I just don't want to see everyone so upset." She snapped with a faint smirk before getting pulling once more to Shane. "Go get in the truck, before you do anymore damn damage." he snarled giving her the keys.

Mia let out small chuckle at what Leah had said, still not turning her gaze from the pond, and still keeping the smirk on her face. "Attention? That's the last thing I want." She said to no one in general.

As Leah walked away to Shane's old pickup, Mia spoke again.
"I thought I was the one who was supposed to be mad." She let out a deep sigh. "But apparently not." she said in depressed tone, the smirk was gone now.

Mia wasn't sure why Leah was the one being bitchy to her, it's not as if she did anything to her. Most likely because of the 'Shane being pissed at Leah for Mia leaving' thing. But Leah wasn't the biggest thought bubble in her head at the moment.

She sighed again before speaking.
"Remember how I said my car was stolen?" She asked before turning her head towards Shane. "Well you should thank the person who stole it, because they're the reason I'm not going." Mia scoffed as she turned her gaze back to the pond before continuing. "Damn theifs.." she muttered in an angry tone under her breath, but Shane would be able to hear her.

Shane kinda smirked looking away from her for a quick second, just the whole situation going south for her made him light-hearted. "You have a right to be mad Mia, but so does everyone else. It's like someone punching ya, telling you that their better. That their future is worth so much more than this town. That might be the case and if it is. If you really think that then I will damn sure find a way to get you on the road and bring your car to ya if we find it." He spoke looking over the pond's sparkling waters before back to Mia's flawless face. He grabbed her hand lightly pulling her faintly closer to look down into her eyes. "I need you to tell me something Mia. Why the hell didn't you tell me like you told everyone else? Were you just going to hit the road without giving me even hint where you were moving?" He questioned patiently.

Mia smirked as she took back her hand, still looking at him. "Maybe if someone wasn't having a pissing off contest with Adam, you would've known." she whispered in a sarcastic tone to him.

There was no way in hell that she would tell him the real reason. If she did, Shane would let it go to his head. And the last thing she needed was Adam and Shane to actually fight with their fists, and not with their stupid words.

After she said that, Mia turned back to the pond. "
That reminds me, can I borrow your phone. I need to call him back before he goes and cancels my plans with someone." she said, returning back to her regular tone.

She would use her own phone, but that wasn't an option, that also reminded her to get a new phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back