• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Nightshift OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
Welcome to the OOC.

Ask questions, shitpost, and chatter here.

One request from each of you:
Post three character traits you'd like your character to have, such as: scholarly, curious, and excitable. Stoic, brooding, and violent.
Two positive, one negative is easiest.
I will then assign you a pre-written character based on your choices; it might not be a perfect match but you'd be surprised how often it works out.
OR
If you want to try making your own character, all I ask is that they're the kind of person who'd be working nightshift at a gas station. You can also try your own mechanical sheet or I can make one to match your character.

This RP is set on October 9th 2016.

I can make a sheet no problem.

Despite this being a hunter game, we're just making regular humans right now correct? No subsheet? And are there any other differences to know?

Regular bluebook humans.
Two normal store workers, and a security guard.

It's not actually a Hunter game, but RPN doesn't have a vanilla CoD option.

Okay, that part can get complicated, which is why I have options.

You can have a character I've created for the story, which is the way this RP is run at conventions, and you can edit them a little.
You can write a character backstory, and I can create the mechanical character sheet for you.
Or I can explain how characters are made in the system and upload a blank sheet for you.

Options one and two are easiest and will reduce confusion, but it's up to you.

That is perfectly fine. I'll break my usual protocol and offer you the three I have.

1. A cocky young highschool grad from a poor background who works at the gas station but wants to move to Vegas.
2. An ambitious young woman saving to study Journalism at college.
3, A stoner conspiracy theorist who works as security at the gas station.

Hullo! Sorry notifications weren't working and didn't realize this was up! Exciting! I'll take the first option too if that's alright?

By the way, once we choose from those three choices, would we have to make a backstory for the character plus the three traits?

Hullo! Sorry notifications weren't working and didn't realize this was up! Exciting! I'll take the first option too if that's alright?

By the way, once we choose from those three choices, would we have to make a backstory for the character plus the three traits?

Since I've laid them out like this, you don't need to worry about the traits anymore. Just pick one; I'll give you the backstory but you can edit it as you see fit. These characters are not nearly as strict as some other RPs I do.

1 and 2 are both pretty fresh out of highschool. I'll PM him to you shortly!

Should the character sheets be posted here for organization purposes or something or are they supposed to be kept secret?

Should the character sheets be posted here for organization purposes or something or are they supposed to be kept secret?

Post as much of the backstory stuff or appearance as you feel like in the character thread, and you can add a picture if you like (something realistic but not necessarily a photo).

Excellent, looks right.

As soon as DreamingBlackbird DreamingBlackbird and MAROON QUILLNEST MAROON QUILLNEST post as much of their characters in the character thread as they feel necessary, we're good to go.
All three characters have worked together for at least a few months, so feel free to establish some existing opinions of each other.

I feel like they could potentially get along well enough, they'd mesh well.

I'd say a few months, maybe half a year or so

Huh, I did not get an alert for this.

Anyway MAROON QUILLNEST MAROON QUILLNEST if you're still in post Pete in the character thread and we can get rolling - I have a lot of interest and can offer the spot to someone else if you're out.

Appreciated! We're in weird times so I respect if anyone needs to drop so long as I'm told.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back