Night/Zero

Dante Verren

Poi
Supporter
tumblr_npip96mxAd1r4vymlo1_500.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Vyandislav Medivitch stood at the podium in the church. He had been chosen as the overseer of this grail war, but he had no idea what he was doing. Sweat dripped down from his brow. He reached up and wiped it off with the sleeve of his robe. He carefully awaited the final word from the grail that the war had officially begun. He was not expecting this word to come the way it did.

A light appeared in the center of the aisles, a few feet in front of the podium. It flickered for a second, then flashed brightly enough to hurt Vyandislav's eyes. He looked away and shielded his eyes until the light faded. The light faded after a few moments, and he blinked until he could see clearly again. He looked up to see a beautiful, dark-skinned woman in a toga-type garment standing in front of him. She wasn't terribly tall, but her presence was intimidating, Vyandislav was a decently tall man, but this strange woman made him feel tiny. Instinctively, he bowed to her. She laughed heartily, and bid him rise. He did, and she stepped closer.

"Good evening, overseer. The war has officially started. I am ruler, your servant for this war." the woman said. He gulped, and said "y-yes, I am the overseer. I was not aware that I would be commanding a servant. N-nor was I aware that there was such a class as Ruler."

The woman chuckled. "Mr. Medivitch, there are many things you are not aware of. Fear not, it is my job as the grail to explain them to you."

The woman sat down in the front row, with a pose that blurred the line between suggestive and superior. She explained the quirks of this particular grail war to the overseer, and his eyes widened and his jaw struggled to stay closed with each new fact. He was not prepared for this, but there was nothing that could be done now. It would be his job to ensure the secrecy of this war and the relative safety of the common folk. He steeled himself, and texted his informants that the war had officially started. Despite the chaotic nature of this war, he would do everything in his power to keep the fourteen participants in check. Besides, he had the help of the grail itself. Surely no servant could defeat her.

“Oh lord bestow unto me your unholy law. Let this circle call you forth from the pits you were so unjustly sent.” Uno chanted as he finished drawing the summoning circle. Rising from his feet he summoned his unholy blade, the silver metal on the blade seemed to glow a sickly pale in the dim light of the basement. He slowly slid the blade across his left palm. Once he was done Uno held the blade over the circle and let the blood drip into the circle. “Let my blood wet you taste and my soul be your lure. Let me who has chosen you over the false profit of heaven be your vessel in this world.”

The summoning circle glowed a sickly light green as the blood droplets hit the markings and the words were spoken. Carefully Uno dismissed his sword and pulled an old golden coin from his coin pouch. He placed it in the wounded left hand and clenched his hand into a fist, wetting the coin with his blood. When he uncurled his fist one side of the coin was smeared red, a light smile touched his lips at the sight.

In one motion he flicked the coin into the circle and got on his hand and knees pressing his forehead to the floor. “OH YOU WHO HAS BEEN FORSAKEN, YOU WHO HAS SEEN MY PAYMENT FULLIFED, AND YOU WHO CURSES GOD. AWNSER MY CALL AND BRING ME VICTORY IN THIS WAR, NO BRING ME VICOTRY IN ALL WARS! SHOW THE ACURSED FOOLS AT THE CHURCH WHAT IT TRULLY MEANS TO BE DIVINE!” The room erupted into a golden light, but not a warm heavenly one. This light was darker and filled full of Malice. Malice and greed.

As the light died away he felt the pressure of someone placing their foot against his head, someone was stepping on his head. He heard a cocky sounding laugh and felt the foot move away. “Raise your head.” Came the voice. Slowly Uno raised his head and came face to face with a blonde man. Uno’s chest tightened as he stared into the golden eyes of the being in front of him and a tight feeling swirled up in his chest. It was nothing but raw desire, the raw desire to own everything, to claim everything as his own, it was greed in its purest form.

The blonde man stood up and tossed the coin into the air, catching it as it fell back downwards. “Swear you allegiance to me and I will grant you more than anything you can imagine. The whole world will be yours and the only power above you will be me the true lord of hell.” Uno quickly dropped his head and talked as fast as he could, “I Caduto Uno swear allegiance to the true lord of hell and all is glory.” A dark smirk crossed the man’s face and he tapped Uno’s shoulder with his foot signaling to him to rise. “Congratulations you now belong to the lord of Greed, The great and Powerful Mammon! You may refer to me as Master, Lord, King, Emperor, or God.”  Uno’s left hand burned brightly as the palm of his hand healed and the scar was replaced by a command seal. They had now become master and servant, though the roles might have been reversed.

Mammon looked around the room and laughed hardily, “This is wonderful! I never expected to come back let alone be given a chance to change everything! Soon this whole world will be mine! From the smallest bug to the largest beast, they will all be mine! The people, the plants, the air, and god himself will all be mine!” Mammon began to hum happily to himself as he walked past Uno. Uno knew to follow and so he did, making sure to keep a respectful distance. Through the swarm of thoughts of money and power that he gained from his servants appearance he remembered something crucial. “My lord I must tell you something immediately.” With an annoyed sigh Mammon turned around and looked at Uno from over his shoulder. “Speak” was all he said. Quickly Uno shared the current state of the grail war.

“So you sabotaged the grail to be able to summon Hell its self. You have some balls, I like that. You will make a fine servant.” Turning back around Mammon continued to walk until they reached a large double set of doors that lead into a big warehouse. With another annoyed grunt he kicked the doors in with one foot and stepped inside. “Alright let’s see what other treasures I can find.” Putting his hands in his pockets Mammon strolled inside lightly singing “Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine, Mine” to himself as Uno strolled along behind him.

Brenna stretched as she got up from her makeshift bed. She left her private room after dressing, wearing her usual red. She opened the door to her room to reveal a medium sized warehouse with moderate amenities. Her fellow members were going about their business, waiting for the right time to summon their servant and preparing as needed. 

The warehouse itself had been the largest one they could procure, and as of yet it was sufficient. It had more side rooms than you would expect, perfect for summoning, and even a basement area. 

She waved hello as she passed by the others, not stopping to chat but not wanting to be rude as she made her way to the summoning circle she'd prepared earlier. She was at the peak of her mana and didn't want to squander the opportunity. She would simply have to address them after the summoning.

Inside the room she had set up was a table with a few bottles of suspiciously red liquid and a summoning circle. She didn't need much else. She approached the circle and let wgat little magic energy she had flow, the circle glowing a brilliant light blue in response. She wasn't one for ceremony, and instead of some amazing chant or ritual she simply stood there, providing mana. When she was out, she reached into her reserves, feeling a tingling as she did so. Hopefully it would be worth it. 

The room filled with a bright blue light that shone out under the door and the temperature in the room dropped to below freezing. Ice formed around the circle and the liquid on the table began to freeze. As the light died down she could see what had happened. 

A woman in a white robe stood in the center of the circle. Brenna gave herself a mental high five, glad that her summoning had succeeded. The cold didn't really bother her. She was dead. Sorta. It was difficult to explain, at least she had never figured it out. 

"Hello. I am Brenna Carthy." She said, introducing herself. The woman that stood before her simply nodded. She seemed odd, even for a servant. Just to be sure Brenna check her hand and sure enough the command seals were there. 

"Who might you be? And what class? I can't say I know how the classes are functioning after that church member tampered with the grail." She asked her servant. 

"I am ---, and I have been summoned as the Gatekeeper." Her servant said rather monotonously. She seemed rather tame but Brenna did trust that look in her eyes. It represented a cunning that far exceeded her actions. 

"Well alright then. I see you're not much of a talker. I'm alright with that, but I'll probably bug you with questions anyway." Brenna said as she opened one of the bottles on the table, then downed it as quickly as she could. The cold had added a more...metallic texture? She couldn't quite tell, but it wasn't bad. She opened the remaining bottle and took it with her as she went to open the door. Unfortunately when she pulled on it the first time it didn't budge. The ice had frozen it shut. A second time with more strength, same outcome. Now she was getting upset. With a much more angry and forceful pull she freed the door...of it's hinges. She sobered as she realized what she had done and gingetly set the door against the wall inside the room, she'd fix it later. 

Her servant followed as she walked to go speak with her people. She'd save a formal address for later, when they had all summoned their servants. Instead she simply waved and sat down at an empty table, setting her feet on it as she relaxed. Her servant sat next to her, a much more modest figure. There were a few more chairs available to any who were waiting, or that had already performed their summoning. Tonight was for socializing, they'd leave the war for tomorrow. 

Joseph took a deep breath as he finished meditating from the previous week. Only taking breaks to communicate with members. "It is time" he says to all the clocktower members at once. He drops a shard of a bow on the ground in the center of the summoning circle he had drawn. "Time to find out who this is". The Clocktower only gave him a shard and said to use it, also said it'd fit his personality as if that's important to completing the mission. 

He begins to meditate again. Not saying a word the circle began to glow, he never moved nor opened his eyes. Joseph had never been much of a man of many words, he always got to the point in as few words as possible. The circle glowed a bright white and the room seemed to explode with color right after. a man with brown skin, white hair, and not that regal clothes appeared before him. "my name is ______. I am your archer class servant I assume." An aura of kindness and greeting exuded from him. Not that of an oppressive king or a greater than thou ruler. Archer looks at the man meditating on the floor and says "let me greet you properly in your culture" he offers his hand down to Joseph who accepts his offer and stands up "what brothers and sister shall we be fighting with in this war... and what shall I call you?" Joseph simply says "the others have yet to summon their servants. You are the first one. As for what to call me you me call me Joseph or master, whichever you prefer." Archer nods his head and pulls out his bow to reveal it is shrouded and concealed from sight "this will be fun" he says as he puts it back away "I've missed this". Joseph seems impatient as if he'd been waiting weeks for this to start "Now we wait for my team to summon their servants. We shall see how that all goes." He sits down in the nearest chair and begins to tell Archer all about his powers and what he can do and archer does the same for Joseph. "trust is earned not freely given. I look forward to the day I may trust you Joseph. I must trust you enough to be my master, and I must say I could not be disappointed with what I have by fate received." Joseph simply nodded and said "yes, this partnership will be quite effective" archer looks around in confusion then asks "Where is everyone else?" Joseph tells him that his team is summoning by themselves and will be meeting up tomorrow morning with their servants at his here.  

Tons of eyes turned to face the mumbling form of Mammon as he walked past or over anyone in his path with uno following behind him. Something caught Mammons eye So he stopped and turned to face it. Two people had caught his attention. One of them was wearing a black trench coat and the other was wearing orange sun glasses. With a dark smile Mammon made his way over to the Two and stopped right in front of the man with his jacket. He held out his hand signalling for the man to hand him something. "I will need you to return that jacket to me. I don't appreciate people who take from me." the man only looked at him funny and cracked his knuckles signalling he was annoyed.

With a low sigh Mammon kicked the mans legs out from under him. He grabbed the mans right arm and placed his foot on the mans shoulder. With a little push and pull a loud cracking echoed through the now quiet warehouse. The man screamed in pain as his arm broke which caused Mammon to chuckle. "Like I said I don't apriciate those who think they can take what's mine. Mammon m hauled the man to his feet, removed the jacket and tossed him into the crowd where a medic may or may not be waiting for him. He gave the other man a small mod while staring at the glasses. Fearing a broken arm like his comrade he hurriedly gave Mammon the glasses and ran off.

"Any of you Peons have what are those called again.... That's right a mirror." Some one form the crowd tossed Mammon a small hand held mirror which he caught easily. He quickly looked himself up and down before nodding and pockitting the mirror. Mottioning for Uni to follow Mammon continued walking farther into the warehouse. "That was excellent my Lord! Now these unworthy fools will know not to mess with you." Uno's praise of his Lord to some could resemble that of a desperate child looking for praise from an adult. 

Mammon ignored Uno's praise and stopped walking, he could feel it, the presence of another servant. Silently he started walking towards the presence. As they neared presence both Uno and Mammon noticed a the two girls sitting at a table. "That girl is named Brenna Carthy, head of this opperation" comented Uno. Mammon's eyes were locked in the servant, With a small grunt his eyes flashed gold and his lips turned into a half annoyed and half amused grin. Mammon began walking and as he got closer he called out to the female servant. "Well well if it isn't little ice queen. What you weren't satisfied with freezing one plain?"

@Arlo Hayes

Brenna watched Uno approach with his servant. She almost laughed at him. He looked like a lost puppy, grovelling at his servant's feet for attention. What truly interested her was the fact that Uno's servant apparantely knew hers. She glanced at gatekeeper, and motioned for her to reply. She wasn't sure they would get along, but if it continued like this at least there wouldn't be any conflict between them. 

"Hello Mammon. Are you alone this time?" Gatekeeper asked. Her voice was icy, and sent chills down even Brenna's spine. But that reminded her.

"Hey, what's with you breaking my members?" Brenna casually asked the servant. She finished of the bottle in her hand and got up to go get some more. She didn't feel like she had phrased it seriously, more like "dude what gives". She was in the kitchen area, but still well within earshot. As was most of the rest of the warehouse. 

@Dante Verren

Luna Crowe & Ozymandias - Warehouse Side Room

She stood alone in one of the rooms of the warehouse, her gaze locked firmly on the magic circle that took up the center of the room. The past several days had been spent preparing for this night. Time and time again she had to etch the circle only to erase it and try again as she had been told there was no room for error in things like this. She reached into her jacket's pocket, pulling out a small object wrapped in paper she had been given. Quickly unraveling the mysterious item revealed it to be an ornately decorated golden shard, clearly broken off from a larger object. She took a few steps into her circle with tepid steps, careful not to ruin her work as she set the shard at the circle's center. With the item securely on the floor she hurriedly retreated from the circle, a small breath escaping her lips once she verified she hadn't damaged the sigil.

With everything in place she held her arms out before her, palms facing the circle as she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. A blue glow shimmered around her hands as light began to radiate from the magic circle. Transferring magical energies was the only thing she had ever been good at and the pulsing energy of the summoning circle seemed to indicate that. The light cascaded throughout the small room and even through her closed eyes it began to become overwhelming. Accompanying the ever increasing radiance of magic was the whipping winds tossed about. Nevertheless she didn't allow herself to become distracted as she continued to pour her magic into the circle. As it reached it's apex a sudden burst of energy exploded forth, the shockwave throwing her back to the ground with a yelp. While not truly injured the force had left her in pain although the surprise of the sudden act was what truly gripped her. She tentatively opened one eye, fully sure she had failed the summoning. Thoughts of the disappointment her new comrades would feel along with the possibility of being punished for ruining everything flooded her mind. However, these worries were quickly swept away as her gaze focused upon the swirling mists that enshrouded the circle.

As the mist cleared and she fully focused her gaze she could make out a tall figure standing at the center of the sigil. His dark skin matched her own, his attire doing little to hide his toned physique as he stood there with his arms folded across his chest. After only a few moments the man turned his gaze onto her, his clear golden eyes immediately telling her that she had succeeded in summoning a servant. The man's gaze slowly drifted over her form as she silently stared up at him completely lost for words. Ultimately the servant was the first one to speak up as his gaze shifted from the girl to his immediate surroundings. "I'm surprised you had the gall to summon me in such an environment." The man turned his focus back to the girl before him, a slightly annoyed expression crossing his features. "If you are to remain on the ground you should at least adopt a proper posture. If not then hurry to your feet and introduce yourself." The man's words yanked her back to reality as she hurriedly got to her feet. "Ah, yeah, sorry. I-I'm Luna, I summoned you to fight for the Holy Grail....." She trailed off as she gave a hasty introduction and explanation. Nonetheless the man seemed unphased by her demeanor and simply gave a nod of acknowledgement. "Well, Luna, consider yourself fortunate for you have summoned the greatest of all servants. You are in the presence of Ozymandias, the King of Kings and the Lord of Heaven! No matter what foe might seek to steal the Grail from our grasp we shall emerge victorious!" The man donned a rather self-satisfied smirk as he thrust his arms out to the side and loudly proclaimed his identity.

The man allowed his arms to drop down, resting his hands on his hips as he gazed at the young girl before him. He took several steps forward before circling around her as he gave her a more thorough look-over. For her part she remained still, her cheeks reddened slightly as she was lost for what to do. She had been told about the power of a servant, of the fact that she had summoned a great hero from ages past. To have someone so powerful and so great appraising her like one would a piece of art made her more than a little uncomfortable. After completely his rounds the man smiled as he gave an approving nod. "I am not one to complain when the Gods gift me such a cute Master for this war."  With that remark he once again turned his attention to the dingy little room he found himself in. "Now then, I wish to get my bearings. Surely you have more to offer me than a room ill-fit for a slave." The girl blankly stared up at the man for a few moments before fully realizing the extent of what he said. It seemed her new servant approved of their arrangement which brought a faint smile to her face. "Yeah, I just used this room to summon you. Everyone else is out in the warehouse I think..." She quickly moved to the door, opening it and peaking her head out as if she had something to hide. Unconcerned with her antics Ozy simply strode forth, brushing past her as he exited the room into the hallway.

With his attention no longer focused on his Master he could feel the presence of other servants nearby. He knew enough to know that this was a team fight, that these other servants were likely his teammates. Curious to see what he would have to work with he strode towards the presences he felt. The young girl was close behind him, not daring to speak up as they made their way into the warehouse proper. As they emerged from the hallway Ozy came to a stop, giving a quick look-over at those assembled within. His gaze briefly lingered on the whimpering man being treated for some kind of injury before finally settling on four individuals across the way. There was no mistaking it, the two of them were servants to be sure. Fully grasping the situation he resumed his trek over to his 'comrades', ultimately coming to a halt a few steps away from the two of them as he forced himself into their conversation. "Am I to assume the three of us are all on the same side or do I get to enjoy myself so soon after being summoned?" He folded his arms over his chest as his eyes darted between the two servants, entirely unconcerned with their respective masters as he awaited a reply.

@Dante Verren @Arlo Hayes

Shiga.Masamune.full.1918575.jpg

It was time. Kypher could already feel the magical energies of mana emanating around him, signalling that other servants had been summoned. The Grail, in its twisted, deformed, defiled glory, had activated itself and begun the war. And so Kypher would oblige it. The summoning circle, a rune of intricate patterns and complex designs lay marked on the floor. Kypher had set up his summoning circle on the roof of a tall building, he had heard that his servant was prone to destruction and so Kypher felt like it would be a waste to destroy a roof just on entry, that was if his prediction was correct. Chanting dully, he said, "Ruler of a great empire, leader of all mortals and immortals, king of gods and god of kings, I beseech you as one of your subjects! Break off the chains of time! Shake away the seal of existence! Come now through time and shine brighter with your excellence, greater than the very stars!" He raised a hand before the summoning circle and a silver liquid energy began to pour from the palm of his hand, down into the grooves and cracks of each marking, filling it with magical energy. Most people would wait until their mana was at its peak point before summoning a servant. Kypher at his normal levels of mana still had four times the mana of your average grand clock tower Mage, making him one of the world's most mana-filled mages currently. Continuing the chant, he raised his voice more, "Strike your enemies with vengeance, wreck retribution upon those that wronged you, seek revenge on any that oppose you!" Kypher raised the hand up dramatically and the liquid silver mana shot up into the sky, turning bright golden, "I summon you, Avenger! Avenge your great legacy!" And with that there was a bright flash of light that enveloped the rooftop that everyone in the city would be able to see. The golden beam stopped travelling upwards and seemed to hit a solid black mass. And then a giant dark portal opened up in the sky, golden cracks defining it. And then a black and gold glow shot down the golden beam from the black portal, which then closed up, and landed on the roof with Kypher, cracks appearing where it landed. A dark being with golden veins slowly got to its feet, its hair like black fire, two weapons already in its hands. It looked down at Kypher with a powerful gaze. Kypher was in a wheel chair, so all he could do was merely bow his head, although he suspected it would be enough. 

28.jpg

A long drawn out breath came from the being as it stretched its neck back, looking up at the sky. There was a moment of silence, then, "Who are you? Where am I?" Kypher drew his own back from the bow and raised an eyebrow. The servant was unaware of his situation, interesting. It was either a problem or an advantage, but it was probably a problem, "Centuries have passed since your rule. A new era has risen, one in which a Great War amongst the mightiest of men must be fought. You have been chosen, paired with me as your guide, a Mage and a mortal, to lead us to victory. We are in the Holy Grail War." The dark and golden figure looked down at Kypher and stretch out a hand, a wise and welcoming look on his naturally angry features, "You have torn me from my empire. You have wronged me. But that is fine, for I am a merciful god. Come, accept me. I will grant you riches and power unlike anything in your wildest dreams..." The servant's hand reached for Kypher's face and the mage narrowed his eyes. Kypher could feel the dark crackling energy generating within the servant, a powerful curse brimming at the edges of its fingers. He wheeled himself back quickly, cautious of any tricks, "No, you do not fool me. I am your master and you are my servant, as the Grail decrees. I hold command over even you with these seals." Kypher held up his hand and a long black and red etching trailed from his knuckles to his elbow, glowing with power. The servant withdrew the hand, the angry expression returning, "You are wise. But you are not yet stronger than me. Where is this Grail? I shall show you true strength." Kypher sighed and wheeled himself to the elevator nearby, "The Grail is intangible, only by killing seven enemy servants can we attain it. And then it grants us a wish that surpasses even the power of the gods." The servants head whipped around with a look of disbelief, "Impossible. I am the most powerful thing in this world..." Shaking his head, Kypher descended to the bottom floor, sending an encrypted text to his family's subordinates whilst he waited. His servant followed by waiting until Kypher had reached the bottom and then jumped down the 60 floors, landing on a car, crushing it completely and otherwise looking unharmed. With a sigh, the mortal master sent another text, "We shall take the other one then." The servant got off the vehicle and waited with Kypher, his weapons at the hilts on his hips, "What is your wish, human?" The servant asked while looking off into the distance, almost with a wistful look, "Vengeance." Kypher simply replied, "There is someone I must avenge, so there is someone I must kill." The servant's face now split with a knowing smile as he closed his eyes and nodded craftily, "Yes. I see now why I have been chosen to lead you to victory. I too have someone... A great many someones to slaughter. You are not Greek, mortal?" Kypher shook his head as the car pulled up and the chauffeur helped him into the car, "No, I am not. Oh, and we have allies in this war. Six other mighty leaders that will aid us in combat." Getting into the car as well, the dark man snorted, "No great is greater than me. I am a god!"

(everyone will be able to see the laser beam light in the sky btw)

Mammon was unohaized by her tone of voice, After all he called her ice queen for a reason."The others arn't nessicary. I will be the one to claim the prize this time around." He gave a side glance at the girl named Brenna when she spoke. "The jackass had something that belonged to me. He wouldn't give it back so I took it and added a little punishment. You should feel gratful bmtaht I don't tear is arm off." Mammon turned his attention back to gatekeeper and leaned closer a bit. "So have you considered my offer Any more? Once this war is over you will belong to me anyway. Why not join me when you still have a free will? Don't you think it will be more fun that way?"

Uno shot Brenna an annoyed look as she questioned his servant. One should never speak against a being as holy as Mammon Lord of greed. However Mammon's almost total disregard of Breena brought uno more ease. "So Carthy had any other servants been summoned?" before he could fully finish the sentence another servant appeared. 

Mammon turned is head to face the new arrivals. The man was a servang, at least that was what his instincts we're telling him. Mammon's eyes flashed gold and he let out an annoyed sigh. "Whether we fight together or against each other all depends on what you wish from the grail, Pharroh. " the Pharroh part was a bit of an add on. It was meant to say that Mammon knew who the new arrival was.

@Colt556 

@Arlo Hayes

Brenna reached back into the fridge and grabbed yet another bottle of red liquid. Ususlly she let it warm up to room temperature, but having it chilled was just as appealing. 

She frowned at the two male servants. Were all of them so rude or just these two? Perhaps she shouldn't question it, especially with her own servant being a legitimate queen of ice, but at least she was obedient. For now at least. 

"Hi Luna, I see your summoning was successful." She said in a rather upbeat tone as she opened the bottle in her hand. She wanted to ignore the others, but she had a job to do. 

"You've got it right, we're allies. As for how far that reaches..." she gestured towards the other servants, trying to express that it was up to them how well everyone would get along. 

She walked back over to her seat and returned to her former position eith her feet on the table. She gestured for everyone to sit, it was large enough for all of them. 

"Sit, relax. I'm sure the others will be along shortly. For now, we can get to know each other. Or maybe a more accurate term is get to not hate each other? I don't know, we'll figure it out." She said, rather relaxed despite the high tension servants in the room. She couldn't help but wonder how well the other side of the war was developing, whether they were moving as quickly as her team. She shook the thought out of her head. Better not to dwell on such matters. 

@Dante Verren @Colt556

"The preparations are complete, mother."

"Excellent! Thank you for the report, Weiss." The teenage homunculus stepped back and removed herself from the room, while Corona tied up both her braids behind her and freed her hair from the lab coat she just wore with grandeur. Getting up on her feet, she grabbed the catalyst that she had sourced herself, disregarding the one that had been sent from the clocktower. She had come to participate in this war on her own accord, and she had carefully sought out this artifact for a specific hero, and a specific class. The Berserker class can truly be troublesome to handle: illogical and uncontrollable, to a normal person at least. She left the simple bedroom of the two-storey house and approached the door that led to the basement, adorned with a mirror. With a quick flash, the magic circuits in her body lit up, but the mirror itself darkened, showing only the light emitted by her magic circuits. In the mirror, it was like her whole body, from her fingertips, to her irides, to the ends of her hairs, we're lit up like a silver city of lights. With a body like this, controlling the servant she had in mind would be menial.

"Queen, recognised." Her reflection in the mirror spoke and she walked forward, passing through the mirror to leave ripples on its surface until it calmed and solidified once more.

"Alright, everyone, we will begin the summoning now." She commanded as she walked past the armed homunculi guards and the stasis tubes of developing homunculi, while albino homunculi began walking behind her in perfect formation, as if they were a trained military band. Yet, the expressions on their faces were not stoic or stiff, but they seemed to smile, if only just a bit. Corona reached the centre of the basement, where a large circular tile stood out from the rest of the posh, polished marble floor. It was set into the floor slightly, and she placed her catalyst, an old obelisk the size of a forearm, etched with runes, into the centre. Her homunculi servants, on the other hand, neatly separated to surround the circle. They each pulled out a test tube of metallic liquid, and drank it down without hesitation.

"The well of wisdom fills, and you take a single sip." She began, her voice as soft as a whisper, and she pulled forth a glass test tube, filled with mercury. A maddening reagent only fitting for a mad servant, "You throw away what's precious, in chase for wisdom's lips." Corona then poured the test tube forth. It was the same as what the others had drank, but the amount of mercury it contained was surprising. In the enhanced tube, it was like a spring of mercury welled forth, and they flowed into the circular tile, where it pooled, twisted, and snaked to form the intricate sigil and circles required to summon her servant, "But was what wisdom whispered the truth that you had sought? Or did her wisdom madden you, and turn it all for naught." The mercury began to shine as magic poured into it from Corona and the surrounding servants, "Come forth and let chaos cloud thine eyes!" Corona's voice grew louder in volume as the mana continued to pour in. The mercury was shining brighter and brighter as the input of mana only continued to grow larger by the second, and the ritual was soon to reach its climax, "Thou, who art trapped in a cage of madness... And I, who doth hold thy chains!" Corona smiled as she finished her addition. With this verse and the reagents factored in, there was no mistaking it. The infamous Berserker class servant will be under her command, "Come forth! Berserker!" Corona yelled at the top of her lungs as a bright light filled the sealed workshop, cut off from the world with bounded fields.

A figure could be made out in the shadows. It was a man, with an insanely burly figure and a chest that rise and fell with every deep breath he took. His snow white hair was tied up in a loose knot, and his large, unkempt beard twitched as he growled. With a roar, he suddenly raised his spear and pointed it at Corona, but chains suddenly shot out of the homunculi's mouths, binding Berserker. They were chains made of mercury, and they glowed as they wrapped around him, stopping him from striking at Corona at the last second.

"Berserker, you have no need to worry." Corona smiled as she embraced him, and he relaxed, lowering his weapon. The chains wrapped around his limbs slowly loosened as Corona pat Berserker as if she were his mother. Looking at her servant, his stats and skills came into vision, and she smiled. This was going to be pleasant, "Well, to begin with, let's start forming the pact shall we?" She booped Berserker's nose with a finger as he growled, steam emerging from his mouth and nose.

⁂⁂⁂⁂

"Well, well, well." Berserker spoke with a refined elegance as he snapped his fingers. What little armour that he wore vanished into a white smoke, revealing the hidden glory of his muscled body, "This era is truly interesting! Compared to my old hood and cloak, I can feel... What is it... Class! From these clothes, I mean." He spoke as Corona checked the homunculi she was developing naturally. In their stasis tubes, Corona looked and at the machinery's dials and meters.

"Just hurry and put on your clothes!" Corona huffed, keeping her eyes off of Berserker.

"Understood, my Master." Berserker smiled as he wore the clothes he had been provided with, returning in a white, tight tuxedo with a white eyepatch to match. His knotted, untamed hair was neatly combed and braided, and his wild thicket of a beard had been groomed neatly, "Well, how do I look? I think I look quite good."

"Uhm..." Corona looked at him with a confused expression. She hadn't considered her Berserker class servant to have such a side to him, "I guess it's fine." In all honesty, it was like an elderly man, impossibly buff for his age, was in a tuxedo that was just waiting for an excuse to rip open and reveal the figure beneath. With his composure and politeness, Corona knew hardly of what to think of him. She shouldn't have let Berserker choose from what she had, she should've just given him a hoodie and jeans instead.

"Now, master, we have one last matter to settle." Berserker suggested, fiddling with his spear as Corona put down her papers, "In regards to your wishes, you have clearly sought out great power, but with it comes great madness. In the hunt for the Grail, are you resolved to face the madness of war and death?"

"What are you talking about?" Corona laughed, "I wouldn't have summoned you, a Berserker class servant, above all else, if I wasn't."

"So long as your resolve remains firm, the grail will be within our grasp." Berserker nodded, "What is your name, might I ask?"

"Corona." Corona replied, "Corona of the Weissenburg house."

"Very well." Berserker smiled, "I am _________, the High! My madness is now yours to command, Master. The pact has now been sealed." Corona's magic circuits glowed a bright red, her command seals revealing themselves as the pact was made.

"Now, where are the other Servants? The grail had informed me that there were supposed to be six others on my side."

"They're being summoned at the others' discretion." Corona replied, "We'll be meeting them all tomorrow morning."

"Very well." Berserker simply said, before dematerialising and letting Corona continue her work in her workshop.

Charity and Shielder

Charity inhaled one last breath of smoke before dropping the cigarette to the cold floor beneath, and stubbing it out with a heel. Hands shaking slightly, she reached into her pocket for another, but stopped. She'd delayed long enough. She gave the summoning circle a final check, before beginning to chant.

As she chanted, the shadows in the room seemed to grow, lengthening until the room was consumed in darkness. For a second, Charity thought she heard the sound of screaming in the distance, faint enough that she couldn't be sure. The scent of blood filled the air, strong enough to taste. Charity continued, unperturbed.

As Charity finished the chant, the room filled with a burst of light, washing away the darkness. She closed her eyes against the light, blinking instinctively. When she opened her eyes again, she saw a man, clad in black armour. There was an expression of sorrow clouding his face, but as their eyes met, it disappeared, becoming a soft smile.

a1dbb9593bf401a31d4675b8dbd362fd.jpg

Charity frowned. She wasn't sure what she'd expected from her Servant. She'd chosen not to use a catalyst, prioritising a good relationship with her Servant over power. But something seemed off here. "So you're my Servant?" She asked, a note of caution in her voice.

The Servant bowed his head, then kneeled. "Indeed, Master. I shall be your shield and sword for the course of this war."

The command seal on Charity's hand burned. She nodded, "Looks like it's a contract." She looked over him once more, before asking, "So what's your name?"

The Servant grimaced. "Ah. Master, my name is unimportant. Rather, knowing my name will give you a false idea of the man who stands before you. I shall prove myself with actions rather than reputation, if you permit it."

Charity frowned. She didn't like it, but she wasn't about to sabotage the relationship with her Servant just to learn his name. "Very well. Has your legend been corrupted somehow?"

The Servant smiled, yielding. "My enemies spread many false stories about me. As did my allies, in fact. Thank you, Master."

Charity sighed, reaching into her pocket for another cigarette. "It's ok," she said, fishing in another pocket for a lighter. "We aren't alone, by the way. We have a full team of allies in this war." She sparked the cigarette, and took a long drag. "What's your class? I should have something to call you, at least."

The Servant rose from his respectful position, but kept his head bowed. "My class is Shielder, Master. I shall be the front line of defence for both you and your allies. I swear on my honor as a knight, I will protect you with all I have."

"Shielder..." Charity muttered, turning the word around in her mouth. Something still seemed off about this Servant. For a start, he didn't seem anything like her. A subservient knight, one who cared about reputation, who fought with honor? She could hardly think of a worse match. Still, it was early in the war. "Alright," she said, moving towards the door, cigarette still in her mouth. "Before we meet the others, will you tell me your wish?"

"I have none." Shielder said, following Charity to the door. "Simply serving as a knight in this war is enough for me." She glanced back at him in suspicion - could a Servant even be summoned without some desire? But she didn't say anything. It was an issue for another time.

The two of them stepped into the main room, Shielder following behind as Charity lead.

"Manchester England, England

Across the Atlantic Sea...

And I'm a genius genius..."

K looked around in the cab, taking note of the quaint town that he was going to be living in for the foreseeable future. It looked okay.  Nothing like when he had that job in New York, but certifiably not as bad as Moscow. Certifiably a 6/10. He looked at the cab driver, and old man of possibly Asian descent, the cabbie was certainly taking his time in order to rack up some more money.  K couldn't blame him.The traffic in the town was practically nonexistent, and it really should have taken him less than 10 minutes to get to the destination. K didn't really care either way.  For the fee they were giving him for the job, and the enormous retainer, money would never be an issue. K closed his eyes for a bit, and listened to his music on his phone.  

"Claude Hooper Bukowski 

Finds that it's groovy to hide in the movies..."   

10 minutes later, and after adjusting his headphones, K looked out the window for a second time.  He knew that man was out there on a rooftop somewhere, watching and waiting for any and all orders given to him.  The cab driver turned to K, and spoke in broken English "Hey, Sir. We are here."  K nodded, and handed him the fare, getting out of the car. "Be safe. Very scary times ahead. "  K nodded, taking out a cigarette from his pocket, as well as his lighter.  "You're telling me."  K responded, as he made his way into the warehouse, which was a couple blocks down. As the cab drove off, K looked in the distance, and saw a tiny glint of light in the distance. "Still watching me, huh?"  He said to the figure that was far, far away. K chuckled  and continued his walk to the warehouse.

"Manchester England, England

Across the Atlantic Sea...

And I'm a genius genius

I believe in God

And I believe that god 

Believes in Claude

That's me."

Luna Crowe & Ozymandias - Warehouse Side Room

As the two walked up to the group it was Brenna that spoke up to her. In turn she offered a small wave as a smile formed upon her lips. She didn't know that much about her servant, or much of the war in general. All she knew was to use the catalyst and follow the instructions to summon her servant, and the fact that she had managed to accomplish her task made her quite overjoyed. The fact that Brenna praised her for her success further increased her pride. "Yep! I followed the instructions perfe--" She was cut off by the interaction between the servants, causing her to meekly stand behind Savior as she figured it was best not to interrupt. The glasses wearing guy and her own servant seemed to create a rather tense atmosphere as Ozy was questioned on his wish. The mention of Pharaoh caused a grin to tug at the corner of his lips. "Hooo~ Seems my fame precedes me. It is always a good sign when one recognizes they are in the presence of their king." He held his self-satisfied grin as he kept his gaze firmly locked on the man before him. He didn't need to know the man's identity to tell the two of them were similar in rather cumbersome ways. However, being asked what he sought from the grail was something he did not feel inclined to answer. "A King's subjects have no need to know why their lord seeks artifacts, only that it is their duty to procure them."

He spared a sidelong glance at the woman as she spoke up, reaffirming that they were suppose to be on the same team. The Grail had imparted much of it's knowledge, including explaining the rules of this war. The only thing he was still unsure of was to how the Grail would handle their wishes. Would each member of the winning side be granted their desire, or would only one? Until he could ascertain which he would endeavor to keep the other servants at arms length. No longer concerning himself with the other man he turned slightly to look at the meek girl behind him, the girl met his gaze but remained silent, uncertainty clearly visible on her face. A faint sigh slipped past his lips as he turned his attention back to the table, pulling out a chair and falling into it as he crossed one leg over the other. His gaze drifted from one member to the other, this time paying attention to the other Masters as well as their servants. "I would hope there is some kind of plan in place. Surely you do not see fit to keep me in such a lacking abode just for the sake of idle small-talk." As he spoke he allowed his gaze to land firmly on Brenna, judging her to be the leader by her demeanor compared to the other two Masters present. If there wasn't any movement to be made this night he would much rather spend it getting a feel for the era he had been summoned in.

@Dante Verren @Arlo Hayes

Mammon gave an annoyed grunt at the pharaohs comments. Something about this man rubbed him the wrong way. Altohjugh it was amusing that this little Pharroh thought he was better then Mammon and the female servant. Humans were so full of themselves."If your looking for someone to aknowldge you as their Lord then your in the wrong place little Pharroh. Though I will give you credit for having enough balls to mouth off to the Lord of hell"  the sound of foot steps caught his attention and Mammon turned to look who it was. His gaze instantly went to the male who he felt was the servant. Mammon's eyes flashed gold  and a sick smile crossed his face. "Oh this just got so much more fun."

@Arlo Hayes 

@Colt556

@SomeStupidWords

It was not long until the limo turned up at the warehouse and Kypher stepped out with his servant, nodding to the driver to depart back to the personal garage lot on his estate. Meanwhile, Kypher wheeled his chair to the side entrance of the warehouse, opening it and entering to an already fairly large group of Libertas people. It seemed they had already summoned their servants. The crippled mage made his way to them and raised his voice slightly, "Maguses, great leaders of the past, a fight between friends is grating on my patience." Pinching the bridge of his nose, Kypher massaged the area before continuing, "Kypher Thorne, reporting in to the Libertas Grail Section. Now, I have brought with me the Avenger servant, *******. We should begin planning our next move in our assault on the clocktower mages. I sense that they have amassed some servants already as well and are planning the next step, as we should be." Avenger stepped forward with a high and mighty air about him, looking each servant in the eyes with his passively angry expression. He probably wasn't really all that angry, it was just how he looked, although it was impossible to tell with these people for Kypher sometimes. Avenger nodded when Kypher mentioned him, the black fire that was his hair disturbing itself slightly before settling. Kypher looked around questioningly, "Well? I'm new here, so do any of the other Libertas members here know of where our base of operations is? You did prepare one, no?"

@Arlo Hayes @Colt556 @SomeStupidWords @Dante Verren (Pls keep Avenger's name secret for now Mammon <3 . I wanna reveal with his np, if you know what i mean. ; D)

Gatekeeper raised her eyebrow as Mammon spoke.

"I will bow to no lord." She told him, an edge to her voice. But just as quickly she shrugged it off and turned towards Brenna

"I too find the current abode lacking." She said, agreeing with the pharaoh's discontent. The man coming in expressing his discontent assured her of her plan.

"I am capable of creating a more suitable home base, one more agreeable with the collection of royals we seem to have amassed." 

Brenna didn't need much convincing. The warehouse was bare minimum at best.  

"Go ahead, do whatever you need to do." She told her servant, not interested in the technicalities. Gatekeeper nodded, and examined the area. She walked over to the main door of the warehouse and began weaving magic into it. She paused as the door became mostly ice. 

"What I am doing is most akin to territory creation, but I am unsure whether it is safe for any to remain inside. The drastic change in landscape could potentially injure everyone before the war begins. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you all to wait outside. Take anything you need with you. I'll try and transport as much as I can, but I make no promises as to the condition of the iten in question after." She told the group. 

Brenna simply nodded, got up and walked outside, gesturing for the others to follow but not really commanding. They could stay if they wanted but if her servant had stopped to give them a warning, and that was enough for her. 

She almost ran into K on her way out. With little explanation she turned him around and led him out of the warehouse.

"I'll explain in a minute." She told him. 

The weather outside was cold, snowy, and icy. Your stereotypical russian climate. She stood outside, waiting to see what the others would do as Gatekeeper waited for them to leave. 

@gogojojo331

@SomeStupidWords

@Destructus Kloud

@Colt556

@Dante Verren

K sighed. "Nice place you made us meet in." He took a drag of his cigarette, and exhaled a cloud of smoke. "Right then, where are we going?" He followed at a brisk pace, looking at the other guys. "Nice crew we got here." He said with a skeptical tone. "So what's the plan, go to the Vatican all the way from Japan just to steal the freaking holy grail?" He looked at Mammon and all the other servants. "What's with them? Extreme cosplayers?" He chuckled. "Meh, whatever, my guy ain't that different from you guys." He looked around to see where the guy was. Seeing another flash in the distance, he gave a slight nod in that direction. "He's a weird one, my summon." He brought out his phone, and pressed 'play' again. 

"I see a bad moon rising,

I see trouble on the way..."

Charity and Shielder

The sound of foot steps caught his attention and Mammon turned to look who it was. His gaze instantly went to the male who he felt was the servant. Mammon's eyes flashed gold  and a sick smile crossed his face. "Oh this just got so much more fun."

As Shielder saw Mammon, his expression froze, and his teeth clenched. "Master, that Servant-" He began, but cut himself off. "Later," He said, a response to Charity's curious glance. 

"What I am doing is most akin to territory creation, but I am unsure whether it is safe for any to remain inside. The drastic change in landscape could potentially injure everyone before the war begins. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you all to wait outside. Take anything you need with you. I'll try and transport as much as I can, but I make no promises as to the condition of the item in question after." She told the group. 

Charity twitched at the woman's words, almost dropping the cigarette. "Geez, gimme a little more warning next time," Charity muttered, setting off at a brisk pace further into the building. "Come on, Shielder." He followed, casting a glare back at Mammon as he did.

"So, what was with that Servant? You know him or something?" Charity asked as they entered a storeroom in the back of the warehouse.

Shielder shook his head. "By reputation only, I believe. But it would be hypocritical of me to judge someone purely by those stories, rather than his actions." He paused, casting a suspicious glance over his shoulder. "He should be watched, though. It may become necessary to destroy him." Charity simply frowned, saying nothing. No matter what, willingly discarding an asset in this war was unthinkable. Perhaps it would be better to separate the two of them, to prevent any dissension. 

Shortly, the two left the warehouse, carrying between them two duffel bags and a briefcase. "Shielder," Charity said, "Please patrol the area. We wouldn't want anyone to find this place and report it." The Servant nodded, and dissolved into spirit form, leaving the warehouse.

"Brenna," She said, turning towards the woman. "looks like I managed to summon a goody two-shoes somehow. He might not like what we're doing." She shrugged. "It might not become a problem, but I don't think we can fully rely on him."

@Arlo Hayes

It was not more that a few hours before one of his informants had informed Vyandislav of some suspicios activity. "Mr. Medivitch, a tall man in full medival armor just left a warehouse. He looks too fit to be a roleplayer.", the informant buzzed over the radio. The Overseer made a dissaproving sound before responding. "Keep an eye on the warehouse, but don't follow him. If someone else suspicious comes out, we'll have more to go off of", he said. He glanced at ruler. "What happens if one of the servants doesn't listen to us?" he asked. Ruler chuckled, as though someone had made a very dark joke. She turned her right arm towards him, revealing an enormous number of command seals on it. "I assure you, Mr. Medivitch, that won't be a problem" she said. Vyandislav didn't know what was going on, but he would have to trust her. Not much else that could be done, he supposed. Oh well.

Uno and Mammon Stepped outside, The puffs of his breathe visible in the confirmed that Mammon was indeed alive. He let out a small chuckle at the sensation of cold brushing against his skin. "Uno if you have anything you need get it now or risk losing it." Uno nodded his head in thanks to his knew liege. "Thank you my lord." Turning his back on the others he rushed inside to go and find what he needed. 

As Uno scurried off three more arrivals appeared, two masters and one servant. His eyes immediately jumped to the servant, flashing gold as he locked his gaze onto him. "Nice hair easterling. Was Satan out of ideas when he gave you it or merely just being lazy. " This servants identity was indeed interesting, it seemed every servant so far was of royal blood, this would be a gathering of kings. This would either be a very good team or very bad team. He then shifted his eyes over to the two master's, one was crippled and the other one who called him a cosplayer. The hell was a cosplayer anyway. With an annoyed tone he spoke to the man smoking. "I have no idea what the hell a cosplayer is but it sounds stupid, Next time keep your ignorant comments to yourself or I will be taking back that tongue that I am so graciously letting you use." 

Mammon's ears overheard shielders master, charity was possibly her name comment on her servant. He looked over his shoulder at her and gave her a dark smile, "Don't worry your boy scout has his hand soaked in the blood of warriors and innocents alike. Enough to earn him a place in hell if it wasn't for the meddling bastard you humans falsely refer to as god. Red headed one, do me a favor and inform my assistant that I will return in a little bit."  With that Mammon disappeared into thin air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uno quickly made his way through the crowd of people leaving the warehouse, only one thing was on his mind. He made his way to the room he had been granted access to. Once he arrived he quickly forced the door open and steeped inside. Under the bed was a small bag which he grabbed and opened. The contents inside were a faded golden necklace, a small have burnt doll, and an old looking book. Satsified that everything was there, Uno through the bag over his shoulder and excited the warehouse only to find that Mammon was no where to be seen. "Where did Lord Mammon go?" He looked like a small child looking around desperately for a parent who wasn't there.

@Arlo Hayes @SomeStupidWords @gogojojo331 @Destructus Kloud

Mammon materialized on the roof of another building a little ways away. The wind blew past him and caused him to shiver even in the heavy black jacket he wore. He pulled out a pack of he things these humans called cigarettes from his pocket, Apparently the person who once owned this jacket. He lit the cigarette and raised it to his mouth, coughing on the first few puffs as he slowly got use to it. "Got to admit, These humans have a lot of neat things. Almost enough to make a demon jealous..." As he finished his sentence a small blue light about the size of a small rock shot from his chest and flew around him. A high pitched feminine laugh echoed from it. In one quick motion Mammon's free hand shot out and grabbed the light, he slammed his open palm against his chest and sighed. "Nice try but I'm not that jealous." Quietly he went back to his smoking." 

Uno and Mammon Stepped outside, The puffs of his breathe visible in the confirmed that Mammon was indeed alive. He let out a small chuckle at the sensation of cold brushing against his skin. "Uno if you have anything you need get it now or risk losing it." Uno nodded his head in thanks to his knew liege. "Thank you my lord." Turning his back on the others he rushed inside to go and find what he needed. 

As Uno scurried off three more arrivals appeared, two masters and one servant. His eyes immediately jumped to the servant, flashing gold as he locked his gaze onto him. "Nice hair easterling. Was Satan out of ideas when he gave you it or merely just being lazy. " This servants identity was indeed interesting, it seemed every servant so far was of royal blood, this would be a gathering of kings. This would either be a very good team or very bad team. He then shifted his eyes over to the two master's, one was crippled and the other one who called him a cosplayer. The hell was a cosplayer anyway. With an annoyed tone he spoke to the man smoking. "I have no idea what the hell a cosplayer is but it sounds stupid, Next time keep your ignorant comments to yourself or I will be taking back that tongue that I am so graciously letting you use." 

Mammon's ears overheard shielders master, charity was possibly her name comment on her servant. He looked over his shoulder at her and gave her a dark smile, "Don't worry your boy scout has his hand soaked in the blood of warriors and innocents alike. Enough to earn him a place in hell if it wasn't for the meddling bastard you humans falsely refer to as god. Red headed one, do me a favor and inform my assistant that I will return in a little bit."  With that Mammon disappeared into thin air.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uno quickly made his way through the crowd of people leaving the warehouse, only one thing was on his mind. He made his way to the room he had been granted access to. Once he arrived he quickly forced the door open and steeped inside. Under the bed was a small bag which he grabbed and opened. The contents inside were a faded golden necklace, a small have burnt doll, and an old looking book. Satsified that everything was there, Uno through the bag over his shoulder and excited the warehouse only to find that Mammon was no where to be seen. "Where did Lord Mammon go?" He looked like a small child looking around desperately for a parent who wasn't there.

@Arlo Hayes @SomeStupidWords @gogojojo331 @Destructus Kloud

Mammon materialized on the roof of another building a little ways away. The wind blew past him and caused him to shiver even in the heavy black jacket he wore. He pulled out a pack of he things these humans called cigarettes from his pocket, Apparently the person who once owned this jacket. He lit the cigarette and raised it to his mouth, coughing on the first few puffs as he slowly got use to it. "Got to admit, These humans have a lot of neat things. Almost enough to make a demon jealous..." As he finished his sentence a small blue light about the size of a small rock shot from his chest and flew around him. A high pitched feminine laugh echoed from it. In one quick motion Mammon's free hand shot out and grabbed the light, he slammed his open palm against his chest and sighed. "Nice try but I'm not that jealous." Quietly he went back to his smoking." 

((did he just....))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back