• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Night Zero: Thousand Maws of The Abyss

Nadina Wurzel

She wasn't at all expecting to hear him quickly respond back in such a way, calling her out. She stared at him with a more fierce expression on her face. She seemed a bit offended for him to speak about it in such a way, even if it was in part the truth about why she was attempting to do what she was trying to do. She responded back resting an hand on her hip looking towards him.

"Don't speak like you know me! Yes, it does benefit my family, I won't lie about it. It still doesn't change what I said as being true as well. You can want two things at the same time, nothing says I can't have both." She spoke with a bit of sass behind her words though its overall 'bite' seemed to fade a bit near the end. It wasn't as if he was completely making up stuff about her even if it did betray her over-all intentions how he worded it making it sound more selfish then she viewed it to be.... although it was easy to delude yourself into believing yourself to be virtuous when doing something for more selfish reasons. Her hand slipped down to her side taking a more relaxed posture having settled down.

Her eyes darted down looking as he materials an ancient manual. Her eyes looked upon it keeping quiet observing it before looking up to him. She took hold of it, grasping in her hands. She could feel the energy seemingly seeping from it. It was unlike any other magical items she had ever witnessed. Her eyes glanced up to him listening to him speak. She wasn't sure how to respond looking at him with some sense of wonder. It only furthered her earlier belief the book she had obtained had been a copy of the original rather then the actual thing. She finally shook her head, offering the book back.

"I.... this isn't something that doesn't feel like it belongs in this world... at least no longer. I don't feel right coming into possession of such a book... as much as it intrigues me to read and learn from such text. Not to mention I don't believe I did anything of worth I view as making me worthy of being offered such a priceless artifact." She spoke being completely open at the end. Her pride in her family also meant for her she wanted to earn what she was given. It felt to her as if it was more out of 'pity' then being something done with any strong sense of respect for herself having done nothing she saw herself worthy of recieving such a gift from Caster.

Birdsie Birdsie

[Grand] Caster

265ad3b25aaea9960fb062d3c3b65bc5.jpg
"My, what a troublesome master I have come to find myself stuck with," he sighed with his eyes closed. His eyes darted open again in a blank expression. "Is it your pride as a magus that keeps you from taking a simple gift from me, or is it your complete lack of tact? What I am giving you is no mere chronicle of magecraft. You cannot even begin to know how much you will need it in the future of this War. It is my Noble Phantasm, after all," he insisted. His voice was completely convinced that what he was saying was automatically correct, but there was a calm reasoning behind it. Caster groaned briefly, before taking two steps back.

"Well, either way. If you don't want it, burn it for all I care. It's completely useless to me, I cannot use it, and I do not want it back. If you don't want it either, you can discard it to your heart's content, or give it to your local museum of ancient history. I am sure they would be thankful for such a donation that will surely further all of mankind's knowledge. What I'm saying is that my master gave it to me, I learned from it, it is only proper my master has it back and becomes its owner. You are its owner. You do what you want with it," he shrugged with a smug smile, taking a good look at his surroundings. Caster's voice was resolute and devoted to his words, yet so calm and confident in them - he sounded slightly like a teacher reprimanding his pupil.

"Oh, and by the way. Do not clean up this summoning circle. I will use the leftovers of it as materials for a ritual of my own if you don't mind - that is. You should probably be aware that we are all in immense danger. There's something wrong. Foul play at hand. A bad omen in the air, I can feel it. The ill omens are everywhere... yes. The whole world is in danger, but we can still stop it. It's the only way to explain why I was summoned as a Grand Servant," he turned back to his master and looked her straight in the eyes, with his own, purple, feline gaze.
Hanarei Hanarei

Jun covered his eyes as the bright light filled the room he let our a groan. When it ended he opened his eyes seeing the smaller girl standing before him. For a moment he was amazed it had worked all other spells he tried in the book worked as well, this one just seemed much more out there. It was then she spoke her class and all excitement seemed to drain form him. Assassin meaning a stealthy sneak around coward class he gripped the book in his hands tightly. "Assassin?" He was hoping for something like a Saber, or Lancer, or Archer, or Berserk, literally anything but an Assassin. He sighed her tone of voice and bland face didn't help either she seemed to lack any form of motivation. In all sense of the word she seemed his polar opposite but he guessed she was better than nothing. "I summoned you for the Holy Grail War of course, why else? If you were trying to know my wish I'd rather not talk about it. Kinda like how you'd prefer not to reveal your true identity."

Jun noticed Assassin has this commanding air to her something that didn't really sit well with him. He didn't feel completely in charge and from what he read about servants that was not a good thing. These servants were powerful people of legends warriors above humans in more ways than one. The only power he held over her were three commands he could dish out whenever he liked. Commands that she would be forced to follow no matter what she wanted. He wondered if to play it safe he should use one now but decided to save them for the future. You could never be too careful especially with a servant of the Assassin class. "So now....um how bout you go scout out the area or something." He tried to sound commanding but at the same time wasn't sure what to even do now. He knew he had to find and defeat any other Masters and their servants but had no clue where to find them. With a class like Assassin he figured she'd most likely be pretty good at scouting. "I'm gonna stay here and um wait for you to come back, then we can talk about our plan for this war got it!"
Hanarei Hanarei

Nadina Wurzel

She heard Caster speak, looking at him as he quickly questioned her. She wasn't sure what kind of response to give. A bit of frustration filled her face. He seemed quite stubborn, although it was likely just an even more stubborn Master viewing it to be such a way while ignorant to her own nature. She understood just what the scope of the content i the book was rumored to be. She glanced down as he emphasized her owner ship making her fume a little bit, his cool relaxed tone perhaps making it come off worst to her.

"That's not... you.... arrrrg.... fine. I'll keep it. I just don't like being given gifts from people alright." She spoke crossing her arms, holding the book though seeming to treat it with care, careful not to accidentally cause damage to it. A very faint blush seemed to linger on her cheeks though it quickly faded away as she focused her mind back to the matters at hand. She looked to him hearing him speak up, a more series expression filling her face. Him mentioning keeping the circle was a bit strange though something was wrong that bothered her the most.

"Danger... hmm... strange... I mean... I have to admit something did seem.... out of place although Ijust assumed it was a natural part of the war... wait... a Grand Caster?" She spoke seeming a bit taken back looking at him. She put her hand up on her chin, looking down in thought. She had spent a lot of time reading up and getting infused into various books and materials. As part of a royal lineage it was expected she would have close ties to much of the various underpinnings in history. While she had read a lot of the material, it wasn't exactly as if she had managed to read it all, nor even with her ability to absorb information would she recall every single detail that easily through a single reading. .

"Such a classification is only for those times of great need... a Grand Servant is meant to protect humanity from extinction from some calamity from the Beasts in particular. Is it the Beasts who are at fault or is it some other threat?"
She spoke questioned seeming to have a general idea about things though she lacked a full in depth knowledge. She only knew the most vague details about such. It wasn't hard to tell she was concerned about what he said.

Birdsie Birdsie

Assassin

She looked towards him keeping her cold emotionless expression. Her eyes remained locked on him, observing his every movement. She could tell the disappointment as he repeated her class name. She kept up her stern appearance looking at him as he spoke out against exposing his wish. She closed her eyes, a softness coming upon her face as her cold exterior was eradicated for her to be more relaxed. She had a general idea of what was going on at that point dropping her guard a little. Given he was the one who summoned her it mattered little if he would betray her, she had no choice in the matter anyways and she wasn't the type into backstabbing those she had loyalty to.... even if she didn't agree with their motives.

"No, I won't do such thing, not yet at least." She spoke standing before him. While she was openly defying him, her tone had a certain gentleness to it, not meant seeming to try and oppose him as much as to direct him.

"From your over-all reaction I can tell you were distinctly searching for a different type of Servant then myself. I can also get a general feeling that you don't know who I am, despite the fact Masters typically summon Servants knowing who it is they are attempting to have fight for their cause.I have no reason to hide my identity to you unless you view yourself as unable to suppress such information and wish to keep it secret yourself. I do, however, want to hear what it is you are seeking.... what your Wish is. If I am to fight for you, I want to know what it is you are seeking. That is as good as any point to start from if you wish for my loyalty, which will be a far more effective tool at ensuring a fight at my full potential over forcing my hand with one of your command seals."

She looked at him, her soft expression remaining though keeping a general serious look on her face. As much as she was stern with what she was asking him she wasn't looking down upon him, but rather looking upon him as an equal.

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

[Grand] Caster

Caster knelt and started tampering with the summoning circle, planning to use it later to summon a servant of his own. The more numerous they were, the better. Against a Beast, there was no joking around. He could use someone strong, like someone from the Knight Classes. It'd be useful to have someone like that. Meanwhile, he started responding to his master's questions. "I'm convinced it is a Beast, but there is something more behind it. An entity of godlike power watches over us. I have felt it since I arrived, but now I am fully certain of it. It can see us, maybe hear us. Whatever it is, we cannot let Beast summon it, or all of the human race is done for. Naturally, you understand that I will put great effort to hunting the Beast down, right? Equal to, if not more than the amount of effort I will put into winning the War. I believe it's simply essential you would know that the preservation of mankind is more important than a wish for true magic," he spoke to Nadina then stood up. He took several steps back and looked at her with a face of worry and nerve.

"I will need grounds to make into my temple. I have to prepare some items for the summoning and forge a few command seals, just in case the Servant I summon is a troublesome one," he started. "Preferably, this domain would suffice for a temple... and since I've already repurposed the summoning circle, it'd be a waste not to utilize it... Do you agree?" he asked his master for permission. This was no light matter.

Rider

Rider watched as Takehiko fixed the sink and explained how to sink works to him. "Oh," That's all he could say as he watched the faucet go on and off. Once Takehiko ran off after showing me how to operate a sink, which left Rider in wonderment. "So this is what the modern technology is like..." Rider muttered as he watched Takehiko turn it off. This was a major downgrade from the Age Of The Gods, Rider thought as he turned to see Takehiko leaving the bathroom. Rider thought what was Taehiko talking about, this 'T.V.'.

Rider could only nod when he arrived and sat down in front of the T.V. it was quite the strange sight in his eyes. Hearing the stories about murder cases, arson, and suicides were really weird to him. He was so mesmerized that he lost track of time, and his surroundings. He felt like he had a better understanding of the current Era, as the news reported about the events all over the world/

Nadina Wurzel

She watched as Caster began to tamper with the circle, watching him curiously observing his movements. She looked on as he spoke answering her questions. A bit of worry filled her as she looked down in thought, contemplating what he was saying. She knew of how dangerous the beasts could be, having something even bigger as a threat was concerning. She hoped what he was saying was wrong, although she was smart enough to realize it was a naive notion if he was a Grand Caster as he claimed. His last words however were the ones that made her look more uncertain. A rather conflicted look on her face. Still she responded back swiftly.

"Y... yes... of course. The sake of mankind is more important then anything else." She spoke out in response. She fully was aware of what he was saying, but at the same time the notion of failing to win the grail war due to such a conflict also bothered her. It provoked a sense of 'greed' in her, wanting to find a way to support both causes at the same time. It wasn't as if she was oblivious to the flaw in her own aspirations and the risk it posed, but at the same time her ambition lingered in the back of her mind pushing her to not simply shrug off the war completely and take risks. She suppressed her thoughts down keeping her focus on Caster.

"Sure, wait... a servant?" She spoke a bit taken back by his claim looking towards him. She shook her head focusing her attention towards him. "Yes, that is fine if you need to do such. I have place a barrier around the complex as well as securing some simple traps through the yard to act as added deterrents leaving only the paths clear to help funnel any attackers in what area they might be able to attack safely if they should bypass it. I am here to win, this home is one of the many places my family owns, I have no issues with using this as a base of operations." She commented still a little taken back by his claim to be summoning another servant.

Birdsie Birdsie

Jiro took a seat on one of the stairs as berserker began to have his fun. The scene before him was one of pure carnage. A display so grusome that even if Jiro wanted to look away he wouldn't be able to. When the slaughter came to an end and Berserker nodded to Jiro a sharp pain appeared in his left hand. Jiro removed the glove on hish and to see the glowing red command seals, the pact had been made. "Well done my new servant. Are you satisfied or do you still hunger for more?"

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Gatekeeper​
11/06/2019
Sydney, Australia
Weather: Fine
Blood Moon
9:00 PM

The sixth circle begins its cycle, and yet shatters like ice. The shroud of madness will cloud their seven eyes, and through blindness, sight is achieved. The paths of demise forks into infinite roads, and yet each bear the same end. Utter darkness comes, and devours all that stands. The Great Old Ones call from Dark Beyond, answer me my servant-- shatter the veil of sanity which this world balances upon, and bring abouts the end of days.
The Beast V appeared, yet disappeared as soon as he had appeared... This was truly the end of days. The Great Old Ones have come, and they have sent their prophet to wreak their madness upon this world. Grand Caster would feel a dark presence, but only very briefly

Current Status:
Estimated arrival time for Overseer: 12 hours 30 minutes
Chance of Ruler's summon: 1%
Chance of summoned Ruler being a Black Servant: 2%
Caster ( Birdsie Birdsie ) is Grand Caster. Deal with it
Beast V now summoned.

Beast Status:
-static-

Void Ritual: 0% (not yet begun)

Last edited:
Jun turned away only to stop as he heard Assassin deny his command. He turned to her only to be met with a gentle yet stern face. As she spoke his grip on the book lessened. Dropping it he shook his head at her his eyes pleading with her his mouth opened and closed before he spoke. "Don't....don't look at me like that please just don't." He couldn't handle that look a look that only one other person had ever given him in his whole life. Seeing it again reminded him of his whole reason for this being here now. He looked at the ground before sighing he cleared his throat. "I lost something precious to me. I'm gonna use the Grail to bring it back no matter what. You're right I didn't want you but I got you, and all I ask is you help me and I'll help you." He dropped to his knees placing his forehead to the ground he pleaded aloud this time. "Please fight with me Assassin!"

Here he was begging if you had told him five years ago he'd be begging for help, from a magical girl he had just summoned thanks to a magic book. Well he'd of punched you in the jaw and tell you drugs are bad. Yet here he was doing just that Jun didn't want Assassin but Assassin was who he got. So it'd be who he placed his bets on who he'd trust with his hope and his dream. The only person who could help him bring back his sister was this girl right here he could only pray she would agree to help him.
Hanarei Hanarei

From the moment that Archer stepped off of the plane he had been planning and observing the city nearest to the motel they had fully rented out. He would thank the monks but they would inevitably just tell him that there wasn't anything to thank them for. Beyond that they had made good on their promise of a fortification that made even the forts he had seized during the war look like nothing in comparison. Plenty of invisible spirits and bound animal servants gave them multiple views of the surrounding landscape, which was empty enough that they didn't need to worry about having the surrounding environment used against them. Beyond that there were seals placed around the area filled with various traps and the building itself was a veritable fortress of seals with a massive final resort awaiting anyone foolish enough to try to break in.

Beyond that his own 'eyes' were set and awaiting the enemy, meaning that nothing short of the Assassin class servant would make it further then the front of the building without being mowed down by trap and his own weapon. And if Assassin was clever enough to get past all of their traps the second they set foot into the building their special secondary detection and activation system would ensure that they wouldn't be leaving the area. He hated seeing his Master so weak right after the process had finished, but he didn't mind hearing how exhausted her inner demon was once all was said and done. Seeing such a responsibility put on a child fueled his will to win the grail and deliver it into her hands. His own issues were years away, and he was sure whatever power was left to the grail would be more then enough to solve his woes once she was freed.

With his final observations finished he brought a fresh cup of tea to his masters room, pouring a class. "I still can't think of this green tea as proper, but seeing as we lack a proper port to bring in fresh I suppose it will have to do," he blew over the glass before placing it into her hands. "I added honey to it like you enjoy."

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Berserker
When Jiro ask if Berserker if he was still hungery, Berserker turned to the wall and walked over to it. Then he grabbed a broken piece of bone off the ground and started carving something into the wall. After a few moments the wall read "2 good. 14 full". Then he turned to Jiro and dropped the bone to the floor and moved out of the way so Jiro could read it. Then Berserker waited for his response.
Dante Verren Dante Verren

Mizore
11/06/2019
"Motel" just outside Sydney Australia.
Once they made it to the motel Mizore was intimately busy help set up the trap only she could do, with the aid of the demon of course. It took long time for it all to be finished, especially when their trump card and had been hand draw by a blind little girl with a demon being the one giving her directions.

Once everything was set up it was late in the day and Mizore retired slowly to her room. She laid on the bed blankly looking even through she couldn't see a thing. Then Archer walked into the room bringing green tea. "I enjoy green tea so we don't have worry about getting anything else" Mizore said before sipping the tea as Archer said he added honey. Mizore smiled as she when tasted the sweet honey in the tea. "Thank you Archer... I needed it" She said giving a sweet smile. Then she loomed down and asked worried "do you think these defenses will really work against the other servants and masters?... I'm afraid about if we have to use... You know what and I can't get control back from the demon.".
Zelmalic Zelmalic

[Grand] Caster

"Hm?" Caster stood straight, looking around fervently and observing his surroundings. He looked suspicious. "No. It can't be," he dismissed his suspicions. "Or..." he was thinking deeply, like a calculator, constantly adding new variables to the sum total. "I see. So the Beast has arrived. Very well, I'll have to keep track of it," he moved his hand across the space in front of him, and another spirit appeared, but not of Heroic variety. It was some form of demon under Caster's control.

A small humanoid creature clad in samurai armor, roughly 160cm tall, with blue skin, large fangs, two long horns, sharp claws, and giant eyes. It wielded a katana, and if you were adept at lore you'd know the creature was an Oni. "Bastard magus. Your mother was--" it started before Caster rose his fist into the air and clenched it. It seemingly started choking. "Yes, yes, I love you too. Now, go and find me Beast-kun. Don't come back until you do," he replied as an order. The Oni nodded, without a word, as Caster lowered his hand. The Oni creature ran off. "My familiars are Oni demons. I could control them as a child," he briefly explained to his master. "Nowhere as strong as Servants, but they are versatile, intelligent, witty, and sometimes cunning. Now, tell me. Do you have any leftover catalysts I could use? Preferably for one of the Knight classes. Could use a distraction when fighting the Beast."
Hanarei Hanarei

LostHaven LostHaven (To make it short: One of Caster's familiars is tracking Beast. Tag me if it manages to find it.)

Sir George Henry Valentine
Sydney Beach House
09/06/2019, 06:00

img_22762_4ad941ebaa8025ca4332574a2b5ce0eb_max800x600.jpg
Sir George sipped on his cup of tea as he reclined on his seat, he had already went through his morning routine of getting dressed to watch the dawn of the new day. With each dawn he was a step closer to the Holy Grail war, where he would fight to finally put an end to the pain and suffering in this world. At least that is what he hoped. Around the house there was maids loyal to his family and of course to him, they had been kind enough to follow him to Sydney last month as he made preparations for the war. He had made it clear before they left that he did not wish for any of them to even have the chance to be put in a situation where they me be in danger. But despite that they followed.

Thinking on this Sir George grasped at his cane which was resting beside his chair. I am not as strong as I used to be... But this may be enough? He lifted the cane now to hold it in both hands, it was made for him specifically by one of his students at The Clock Tower, a parting gift that had not left his side since. On the handle there was a button and a visible line where the staff connected to it, he twisted the bottom to ensure that it was tightly in place before using it to get up out of his chair.

The cane was not necessary, however it did make things easier on his aged body and perhaps it was not a bad idea to save energy for the days to come. As he stood there, pondering for a moment. Two of the maids walked into the room "Sir we believe that it is time for the summoning." One of the maids spoke hesitantly, almost like she was worried. But Sir George washed that worry away with a warm smile "Thank you Natalie, could you please bring the catalyst to the summoning room?" He spoke in a kind and calm manner that seemed to soothe the two maids. Natalie simply nodded her head and rushed off to retrieve the catalyst as Sir George and the other maid made their way to the summoning room. Really it was one if the lounge rooms in the beach house but they had cleared out everything in order for it to serve as the place where they would perform a summoning ritual.

The core itself had been prepared the night before, Sir George spent many hours perfecting it even despite the fact he did not know if that would do anything to the summoning. The only other thing in the summoning room was a large board on the wall, it had various maps of Sydney and attractions pinned to it. Over the last month he had tried to learn as much about the city as possible, to try and get a feel for it before the war. After all it would be foolish for one to be ignorant of his surroundings before going into battle. He rested his cane against the wall before walking to the centre of the room where the summoning circle was placed, he crossed his arms behind his back as he looked over it. It is finally time... Allison would be angry that I am doing such a thing. Sir George thought to himself, his heart felt like it was carrying a heavy weight on it back, but in contrast his eyes were full of a new determination born from within that pain. I must fight with all my power, no, even more than that. And on that thought Natalie entered the room.

She walked to wards the centre with another maid, they were holding the catalyst together. It was wrapped in a fine cloth and the two maids carefully placed it in the centre of the summoning circle. "I apologise, but for now I must ask for all of you to leave this room. At least for the time being, I must complete this summoning on my own." The maids understood immediately and left the room. Leaving no one but Sir George inside. And so it begins.

Sir George reached out in the direction of the catalyst before speaking in a booming, authoritative voice, one that was worthy of respect and rare for even a noble to have. "Heed my words, Silver and iron to the origin. Gem and the archduke of contracts to the cornerstone. The alighted wind becomes a wall. The gates in the four directions close, coming from the crown, the three-forked road that leads to the kingdom circulate.
Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill Repeat every five times. And simply shatter once filled... My will shall create your body and your sword shall carve out my destiny if you answer the grails call. If you obey my will and reasoning then you shall answer my summoning! I hereby swear that I shall bring peace to this torn world and that all evil shall despair. I swear that I shall be the sword that cuts through the darkness and the fire that shall burn against the harsh cold. Then let thine eyes be clouded, With the fog of turmoil and chaos, Thou, who art trapped in a cage of madness, And I, the summoner, who holds thy chains! Seventh heaven clad, And the great words of power,Come forth from the circle of bindings, Guardian of Scales!

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Jiro watched Berserker carve something into the bones with a piqued interest. It seemed his servant couldn't speak, considering who or more accurately what he had summoned that wasn't surprising in the least. Luckily his servant was still capable of non verbal communication and had a level of understanding. That made Jiro's job of controlling him all the more easier.

"The magic number fourteen, Makes sense when I think about it. " Said Jiro as he stood up from sitting on the stairs. "While I am on the subject of feasting it is time to lay some ground rules. Rule number one, You shall follow all instructions I give you, In return I will ensure you have a steady supply of mana and sacrifices once I pick a target. Rule number two, I will not tolerate indiscriminate killing. Only those I mark for death are to be killed, however you are free to do what you want to people I don't mark along as they remain alive. Rule number three, enemy masters and servants are to be crushed like the bugs they are. They are merely obstacles in the way of my path to my immortality and your wish, they are to be shown no mercy. Nod your head or do something to show that you understand my rules."
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Berserker
Berserker listened to Jiro set of rules, smirking when he went over crushing the other servants and masters likes bugs. Berserker nodded his head when all the rules were said. Then he looked around the room for second and decide with nothing else to do he sit down and start munching on the bones.
Dante Verren Dante Verren (Not much else I can have him do at the moment.)

AssassinBanner.jpg

Assassin watched him a little taken back by what he did. She hadn't at all expected such a sharp change in his behavior having started with a strong front only to quickly wash away into what she would consider a miserable mess. She stood still, looking at him, thinking for a moment. She wasn't quite use to such a reaction. She looked at him letting out a light sigh finally. He seemed so helpless in so many ways. At the very least his over-all goals had at least some respect for. She grabbed him, pulling him up to his feet.

"Don't do such a thing, it makes you look pathetic. If you are going to ask someone for help you do so by asking them, not groveling at their feet. If you don't respect yourself, the world will simply devour you." She spoke looking him over. She crossed her arms in front of herself, tilting to her one side. "I will fight for your cause, I won't ask anymore about it. As far as my name, it is ***** although such a though such a thing should be kept secret for the sake of maximizing our chance of success. If you wish to win this war, I want you to follow what I say. It would be pointless to try and achieve your wish if you end up getting yourself killed before you might even be able to ask for it."

Nenma Takashi Nenma Takashi

Nadina_Banner.jpg

Nadina watched quietly as Caster summoned an Oni, keeping back as she remained observant of their exchange. It would be perhaps more shocking to a regular Magus though she had read plenty about such types of summoning, although she had to admit an Oni was beyond what most Magus might ever be able to summon up for their personal use. It looked to be many of the legends about Caster were turning out to be true. While she suspected much of what was written about him was factual in some way, she had suspicions some elements might of been exaggerated. She would still have to wait to see how much he lived up to his legend.

"Catalyst? I suppose it wouldn't hurt to use this. It is something my family has had in its possession for some time, although we it was never used ts a catalyst. It only seems right given the threat you claim we face to use it if it might help." She spoke lifting out her hand. She grabbed hold of a rather strange ring on her finger. She slowly pulled it off her finger holding it up before him. She moved up to him, offering the ring to Caster. She had a little bit of reluctance to offering the ring, but it was something she had no problem pushing away. It was far from the most valuable heirloom her family possessed, at least from the standpoint of a member of her family.

Birdsie Birdsie

"Your demon is bold, but fear not, the second I believe something is wrong I will convince it to go back to its rest," Archer put a hand on his Master's shoulder and gave a small nod. "And our defenses would have been enough to make even old George think twice about rushing at us. Even mundane means would be hard to get through our defenses. And if they should come at us I will ensure that they regret every inch." His confidence was that of a military man who had seen countless battles and put his life on the line countless times. "Of course if you would rather wait it out we can stay within our fort until such a time as the others have devoured themselves. But I find that the fastest way to win a war is to attack when your enemy will least expect it. I would suggest you allow me to explore the city so that I can make a map in my minds eye."

Part of that was good strategy, but another part was that he had always thrown himself into battle, and as strong a defense as they had sitting around and waiting for a war to come was far from his ideal battle strategy. It was better to defeat the enemy before they had a scent of you.

[Grand] Caster

Caster sighed as he took the ring from her. "Do you at least know who it will summon? Well, whatever. No time to be picky," he said. Caster placed the ring in the summoning circle, and let his magic circuits do the work. He re-arranged the whole ritual so it could summon an additional Servant bound to himself, but he wasn't sure what the Grail's response would be. Now, for the incantation. Caster was a master of his field and hadn't to bother with complex rituals, capable of casting with immense speed. "Hear my call, warrior from beyond. I beseech your help in the upcoming war. Come, let the blood of my line be the foundation of our contract, and let the future and fate be as one straight path. Follow my voice, calling you from the light, and follow it from the heavens. Let us unite as one force, resolute and strong, and beat the hungered Beast from beyond!" he stated, in a confident tone. Caster was aware of how the Grail worked and knew the incantation's contents had to be but basic lines that would attract the Grail's attention, as it was the thing that did the de facto summoning.

If he did everything right, a Servant should be summoned via the ring catalyst. Caster was hoping whoever he summoned intended on helping them fight Beast, or he'd have to bother with forging the command seals, which he saw as barely necessary otherwise.

Hanarei Hanarei Wilted Wilted

Mizore smiled at comforting words Archer gave. She wasn't sure he could make convince the demon to let Mizore get control again but she wanted to believe either way. Then a reinsurance of their defenses also made her feel a little better. "Thank you. I feel a little better now thanks to your words, Archer" Mizore said feeling better.

...Yeah right... What could this man do to make me release control short of killing me?... And he can't even do that... Once one of those fools decide to attack the base... and get rid of the smaller defenses I can use the trump card... then finally be in control of this body... The demon thought to himself listen in on Mizore and Archer's conversation.

"As... As long as you promise to be careful then you can... Okay?" Mizore said to Archor when asked to explore the city.
Zelmalic Zelmalic

There was only a momentary flash of light before Lancer emerged, her posture rigid and prideful as she stood in the middle of the circle. "A beast, you say?" She asked, sparing no time in cutting immediately to the point. "I've not battled against many of those before, but I will be more than glad to lend my aid." Her voice was humble, but showed little emotion otherwise compared to the graceful smile that decorated her face.

She jumped out of the circle, examining her surroundings before examining both the Caster servant and the magus beforehand her. "Hm, I was hoping for someone a little more... handsome, or perhaps a little more on the side of a damsel or gentleman in distress, but I suppose you will do. I am Lancer, at your service." She chuckled with a playful hint in her voice.

Hanarei Hanarei Birdsie Birdsie

Jiro smiled at Berserker's nod, so far his servant was responding very well. He watched in mild amusement as Berserker munched on the bones. Watching this monster munch away on the bones reminded him of a dog, a very large and bull like dog that could rip you to shreds in seconds. " You should be fine on food for today so we can save hunting for tomorrow. Guess that leaves scouting for tonight. Of course other masters would be out and about as well." Said Jiro.

He began to pace back and forth as he tried to formulate a plan. He wanted nothing more than to slaughter the enemy here and now but that wasn't his style.
"Yeah we will go with that. If we can catch any masters or servants by themselves we will engage. If there is more than one master or servant then we will watch and let the pick each other off. " He mumbled to himself.

He stopped paceing and pointed at Berserker.
"Berserker we are heading outside. Tonight shall be information gathering on other masters and possibly some killing if we get lucky. I also want to check in on your next meal to make sure they are still nice and ripe. Do you have anyway of following me with out being seen? Your current appearance would draw much unneeded attention."
ChazGhost ChazGhost

Berserker watched Jiro pace back and forth, his head truing to follow him. Berserk simply munched on his bone as his master talked to himself. The bone fell out of his mouth when Jiro pointed at him. Berserker nodded along until Jiro asked if he had a way to follow without being seen. Berserker didn't nod as he started looking around the room until he found a huge black blanket. He walked over to it, started messing with it for a second, and then placed it over himself. Berserker made himself a makeshift cloak... Through granted he was still 6'8 and and his hooves still showed under the cloak. But he still nodded after words.
Dante Verren Dante Verren (You may just want tell him to go into spiritual form until we find the others...)

Rider

After getting accustomed to what was the era like. From woman's having rights to divorce from their husbands to people threatening with the use of 'guns'. The gun was shaped very weirdly in Rider's eyes. There were many types of guns which seemed strange. The Era of the Gods must of been devastating to humanity due to the adaptation to these ineffective weapons. After taking the remote, he pressed a few of the buttons softly, turning the T.V. off. Stretching his arms above his head, he got up and walked over to Takehiko.

Looming over him, he took glances at what was Takehiko reading. Maybe he read about a hundred pages? Who knows, Rider wasn't keeping track on how many pages he flipped. "Master," Rider said raising his voice a little. There wasn't that much left to do, and Rider didn't feel like watching more T.V. shows. "When are your parent's coming home anyway?" Rider asked. He wanted interact with Takehiko a little, to get to know him.

Birdsie Birdsie

Takehiko Fujimoto

10a76dc30ef8824450c99d04a0c56a04.jpg

"I suspect later this evening," he replied, flipping a page. The book he was reading was about the flow of magical energy and creating legitimate incantations for the realization of miracles. "It may be in a few minutes, or hours. It might just happen in a few seconds. I am trying to find information on altering the memory of others. I don't want to harm my parents, but I don't want them to get in our way or endanger themselves needlessly. They cared about me, but they are not magi. They wouldn't understand. Heck, even I barely understand," he said, flipping another page. "I've read several notes that my mother left me. You know, my real mother. They explained my legacy and what it means to be a magi, in detail. I feel proud. I come from a lineage that used to be very proud and influential but fell. Now I understand that it is up to me to restore it. I must be strong and restore the glory of my family. That is what I set as my goal," he explained, smiling at Rider, hoping his Servant could relate to his own feelings in some way. He was trying to find the so-called 'mutual understanding' between the two. Establish a bond of some sort. Just become friends.
Misuteeku Misuteeku

Users who are viewing this thread

Back