• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Night at Miller Lodge [plot & ooc]

Main
Here
Characters
Here

PseudoLives

The Epitome of the Constantly Confused
As the thread starter, I'll put in plot and necessary info for this rp. After the thread starter, it will function as an ooc chat for those who don't have Discord.

This role-play does have some things in common with the video game "Until Dawn" (as it's been pointed out to me), but there are other important things to note.
  • This is vaguely a spin on your classic haunted house. You go to rooms, and there are threats in each one.
  • Your team determines your survival. At the start of the rp, 4 groups will be made out of all players. These groups are randomized. Groups may split up, but that can have consequences:
    • Nearby group members can help you fight off threats
    • There's a higher likelihood that you will survive, even if each member takes damage because it is doled out instead of loaded onto one person
    • If you are badly injured, your stats will be reduced. Your group can choose to support you and lug you around instead of leaving you vulnerable
    • If your group leaves you behind, you are very likely to be picked off
    • If you're a group member who lets their entire group die off, things will only be harder for you in the end
  • There will be riddles. As the gm, I will be creating them. They'll be of varying levels of difficulty, but if it's very confusing (I'm fairly new at riddles, so I'd understand), each group member may have one roll to see if they earn a hint. These riddles will lead you to a room in the cabin or building on the grounds. The Millers own acres of land and depending on if you correctly solved the riddle, you might lead your group deeper into the snowstorm.
  • Penalties:
    • Ending in the wrong room because of an incorrect solving of a riddle will result in injury. Each incorrect room is boobytrapped (and some of the correct ones are, too, just for Zachary's enjoyment)
    • Each riddle comes with 6.5 role-play days of discussion (but extensions can be given by me, if rl business has been brought to my attention). This means that if a group gets a riddle on a Monday and a player in that group posts about reading it, the clock starts. You've got until Sunday to figure it out. If by 12 pm MST on Monday you do not have a room your group is heading to, Zachary's goonies will be heading your way
    • Sharing information about your riddle, or anything having to do with where you're headed can give your team major penalties. A single player who violates this rule puts not only their group in danger, but also the group of the person who listened to the info. Zach has eyes and ears everywhere. Helping other teams physically during a battle is also against the rules.
  • Dice!
    • I already explained this a bit in the interest check, but the dice play will be different. If you've ever done anything remotely DND themed, there was probably dice involved and it determined the fate of your character many times. For this rp, however, dice rolls are only worth 40% of what happens to your character. Bad choice + good roll = moderate-to-somewhat-high damage. Good choices + bad roll = moderate-to-little damage. Choices determine 60%, and I'll be the judge of what is good or bad. Most of the time, I'll be fairly generous, but you should still be careful not to act like the stereotypical blonde girl from every horror movie ever. If you've read the rules, add the word "snow" to your cs.
  • Enjoy the rp! I hope it's fun.
  • Info on the cabin:
    • It's a 3 story cabin, with a small basement. There are acres of land around it, stretching across the side of the mountain. Pines cover the landscape, a wall of impenetrable green. The snowstorm is building in intensity, sending down flurries of both snow and chunks of hail. There are sheds and other structures on the property, but far from the cabin. Good luck getting to one of those if your riddle leads you to it--the weather is unrelenting. Look out for any wild animals. In fact, for the remainder of the hunt, watch out for everything. Danger lurks around every corner.

Last edited:
HollyLeafForever HollyLeafForever Vacuum Vacuum Uxie Uxie Chimney Swift Chimney Swift MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Prayforthewickedeveryday Prayforthewickedeveryday Ok so I forgot to mention on the cs page that this is set in mid-december of 2018, so please choose ages accordingly. I also request that any non-high school aged characters also mention who invited them. Victoria invited only juniors and seniors, so any other aged character would have to have been linked to a formal invitee.

I also have added a writing prompt! You can include a non-prompted writing too if you really want, but the prompt is mandatory. Check the cs page thread starter and you'll find it's been edited in.

HollyLeafForever HollyLeafForever Vacuum Vacuum Uxie Uxie Chimney Swift Chimney Swift MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx Prayforthewickedeveryday Prayforthewickedeveryday rivie rivie These are the groups currently (made entirely through multiple uses of a randomizer), but do recall that they're not permanent. This is the ideal groups for if everyone gets accepted. If not, we'll post a newer one in the future.

Owls: Eden, Sally, Avalon, Landon, Jae

Foxes: Winnie, Brenner, Mateo, Myra, Lyra

Rams: Drue, Ji, Jennifer, Juliet, Colin

Bears: Liam, Valentine, Claire/Holly, Channing, Cassidy

Rosura and I are waiting on all the writing samples to be added in, and our final decision for that person will determined by it. However, HollyLeaf is busy and no longer can participate. Everyone else is safe thusfar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back