• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Night at Miller Lodge [IC]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

PseudoLives

The Epitome of the Constantly Confused
Welcome to Miller Lodge! As your host, I, Victoria Miller, am happy to have you here. We'll be having days of fun packed into just a couple hours, starting off with grouping into teams. If you look at your name cards being handed out now, you'll find your corresponding team in the right corner. There are four teams: Owls, Bears, Rams, and Foxes. Each of you should head to the side of the room with your team name on it. We'll begin our introductory scavenger hunt in a moment!
Victoria

[div class=container]
night at miller lodge
The origin of this role-play was when Victoria Miller invited her graduating class to her parents' winter cabin. It was the middle of winter break when she decided to send out an e-vite to everyone she knew that she was hosting a party in a few days. The weather forecast looked dreary once the scheduled date had actually rolled around, but Victoria refused to cancel the party last minute. She kicked into hostess mode, and when people started to arrive, the weather went to the back of her mind. After all, she and all the others were soon to find out that the approaching snowstorm was the least of their worries.

As for the actual role-play, Victoria plays almost no part in it other than common knowledge marking her as the MIA hostess. The blizzard has closed in, and Victoria is nowhere to be found. Her cousin Zachary had disappeared for awhile, but now he's back and wearing a strange, knowing smile on his face. Just what does he know? Zachary mingled for a few minutes, but then he was gone again. A crackling sound poured through the speakers mounted on the walls, and Zach's voice came rattling through:

"I'm glad to see so many new faces here at my cousin's party. I'm sure she appreciated your attendance as well, but now she's a tad locked up in some business she's got to take care of." The guests began to shift uncomfortably in their groups, Zachary's monotone voice bouncing off the tall ceiling and walls. "We're changing this game from the normal scavenger hunts you know of and adding a little more of a risk to it." His words lilted at the end, almost as if he were smiling as he spoke. "This time... It's live or die."
[/div]
[class=container] margin:auto; center; height:280px; width:600px; position:relative; [/class] Teams: Sally, Avalon, Landon, Channing, Jae, Valentine, Claire/Holly, Ji, Cassidy, Drue, Liam, Myra, Juliet, Colin, Winnie, Brenner, Mateo, Lyra

Last edited:

The uncertainty and fear in the air are nearly palpable. The intercom system hasn't yet hung up, the static of its silence buzzing in the guests' ears. The fluorescent lighting doesn't quite reach the corners of the room, leaving elongated shadows. A chill has seeped inside through the windows, where snow can be seen sticking to the glass. The patter of small bits of hail bouncing off the roof further presses down on the guests. They know they're trapped inside this cabin. The weather outside is bound to be merciless.
"I've got a few rules before the game begins. Listen up, players! Your life depends on it. First, you're not allowed to talk to other groups. Well, unless you want a run-in with some unpleasant characters. Oh, and trust that I'll know if you do. I'm connected to every inch of the property. Second, tick tock. Your riddles will be timed! Pick an answer before time runs out, but make sure you're not in the wrong room. Or don't. That's more enjoyable for me. Third, have fun! This is a game after all! I know I'll be having fun..."
Avalon
Health: 100
Wounds: N/A
Avalon's jaw dropped as she heard the end of the announcement on the intercom. "That's some freaky shit, huh?" she exclaimed. Admittedly, it was actually kinda freaky to her--but it had to be a joke, though, right? Avalon glanced around the room and didn't hear or see anyone laughing. They couldn't be taking this dude seriously...! It was obviously a prank. What high school party had a weirdo on the 'com who seriously wanted people to die??? That stuff didn't happen in real life, and this wasn't a thriller movie. "Y'all need to chill."
Landon
"I don't think this is a joke," Landon snapped at the tiny girl beside him. Of course, it'd be his luck to stumble into a serial killer's playground. He'd known it'd be a bad idea to pursue that chick Victoria. Stupid rich girls... He couldn't even get anything out of this brush with death. Ah, who was he kidding? Landon wasn't the type to lose to some game, dangerous or not. Soccer injured plenty of players every season, and Landon was absolutely sure that if he could survive that, then he'd survive this.
Channing
Channing took a sip of his spiked punch. He'd done that. Brought a flask and everything. Maybe that'd pump this party up. "How could it not be?" Channing said, a tad clueless about why his friend was so frustrated with the small girl. Then again, Landon tended to be angry at everyone and everything. Always. "It's kinda funny, too! This is a kid's game, ya know. I got no idea how this dude thinks he can make it scary." Channing looked over at the other 2 people in his group, nudging the girl with one elbow and the guy with the other. "What about you both? Ya think it's a joke?" Chimney Swift Chimney Swift and MoxxyMoxx MoxxyMoxx )
Valentine
Valentine shrunk into himself at the ominous sound of the intercom voice. He stepped a little closer to Holly, since she was the only person he knew and was comfortable with. "What's that supposed to mean?" he said softly, half to himself and half to her. When glancing around at the rest of the group, he noticed that there were only 2 of them. They were short a member. "Should we leave? Can we leave?" Valen spun around to face the window, and saw that snow was frosting the panes. He shivered at the thought of going out into the storm. "This is bad..." ( Rosura Rosura )

Drue
Drue pulled her designer coat tighter around herself. Ugh. Someone needed to turn the heat up in this place, because she wasn't planning on turning into an icicle. Especially when she was being threatened. God, she had expected this to be a fun party. Instead, it was everything but: kiddie games, an unfunny comedian on the intercom, and freezing. If Victoria hadn't been quite so nice and popular, Drue would've never come. She turned and got a good look at her teammates. The first guy was a redhead who looked ready to bolt. He had eyes like a deer in headlights. Then there was a fellow brown woman, and Drue decided at least she might have someone to talk to. The girl was pretty well-dressed, and that was something she happened to like her friends to be. And she was older, which always racked up a few more popularity points. Next was another shy kid, but this one was a little blonde girl who seemed about Drue's age. Finally, a guy from her classes who looked like he was stuck in the 80s with that haircut. Too bad--he was kinda cute. What was his name?--something with a C, she thought. "Any of you got smart ideas for how to win this?" Drue toyed with the cuff of her sleeve. "Whether it's for real or not, I wanna win."

Liam
Liam was watching Cassidy from across the room, worried for her, when the girl beside him asked a question. "You're not concerned for your safety?" Liam was absolutely appalled. His eyes flickered back to his girlfriend. "I don't need to be, so long as we win," the girl replied, and Liam sighed. She had a point, but if he won, then Cassidy lost. And that wasn't something he could let happen. Besides, there were so many more people here that might get hurt!

Colin
Colin chuckled at the horrified expression on the redhead's face. "Don't be so serious! I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this. Maybe raised stakes for better prizes?" He met Drue's eyes. "I'll help you win, definitely. Scavenger hunts can't be that hard, right?" Colin crossed his arms and nodded at the two silent members of their party: the blonde and the brunette. "What about you? With us, or are you scared too?" (Rosura and rivie rivie )

Brenner
Brenner rubbed a hand over his face. "Lyra, did you know about any of this?" he asked his girlfriend from where she stood beside him. Before she could even answer, Brenner flipped over his name card and skimmed it for any new information. To his surprise, the Fox team's first riddle was on the back of the card. He read over it, and then showed everyone in the group that their name cards also had the riddle. "Okay, am I the only one that thinks this makes very little sense?" (Rosura)

Mateo
Mateo was relieved that Winnie was in the same group as him. He knew how nonconfrontational she was, and thought that it had to be either the work of some higher power or one hell of a nice coincidence that put them together in that group. Mateo watched the other couple in their team look over the riddle on the backs of their name cards. He didn't figure it could be that difficult, but once he read it his brain felt scrambled. "I have a bad feeling about this 'game'," he told Winnie. ( Uxie Uxie )

Foxes Riddle - 1 King is what most call me. / Do not judge me for my face. / I bestow adventure to the imaginative, / But only if they handle me correctly. / Otherwise, I leave them with burning cuts. / I hold many words within, yet I never speak. / I sleep amongst many like me, / Hidden away from those who might scorn me.

Last edited:
[div class=container]
[div class=img][/div]
[div class=sidebar]
[div class=name]winnie[/div]
health: 100% (no wounds)
mentions: PseudoLives PseudoLives Rosura Rosura

[/div]
[div class=textbox]winnie couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief when she found mateo in the same team as her. lucky, or maybe victoria had had a hand in it. who knew? either way, she was glad. the snow seemed to be getting worse and worse, and winnie wondered if it was a blizzard. that'd be horrid. the scavenger hunt had better not go outside, or she'd have hypothermia by the time everything was over.

staying close to mateo and mumbling a few words here and there to the rest of the group, the rattling voice over the intercom made her jump very slightly. zack's words, even just the way he said it, sent a chill down her spine. it was unnatural, and for some reason, it didn't give her a very good feeling. how could it? it was ominous as all hell.

"okay, am i the only one who thinks this makes very little sense?" looking curiously at brenner, then leaning forward to get a better look at his name card to read the message off of the back of it. was it on her own card? flipping it over, she found the very same letters printed on the back of hers too. "a riddle?" winnie asked softly, "hold many words within..." wasn't this a little too hard for a first clue?

"i have a bad feeling about this game." at mateo's words, she instinctively reached for him, slipping her hand into his. "maybe he's just kidding about the risk. i'm sure it won't end up dangerous." winnie finally looked up from the card after racking her brain for a good minute or so, taking a quick glance around the room at the other teams. had they gotten the same thing on their name cards?

[/div]
[/div]
⠀♡coded by uxie♡

[class=container] height:350px; width:300px; margin:auto; position:relative; [/class] [class=img] height:110px; width:110px; border:5px solid #ff9c91; background:url('https://scontent-sit4-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/3145ccb83a8d23a3e9b13db68a4678ca/5BC73033/t51.2885-15/e35/16122430_1078968468881799_3468498580455555072_n.jpg?efg=eyJ1cmxnZW4iOiJ1cmxnZW5fZnJvbV9pZyJ9'); background-size:170%; background-position:30% 10%; position:absolute; top:0px; border-top-left-radius:2px; [/class] [class=sidebar] height:115px; width:180px; background-color:#FFC09E; border-bottom:5px solid #ff9c91; border-top-right-radius:2px; position:absolute; top:0px; left:120px; [/class] [class=name] font-size:30px; color:white; text-shadow:2px 2px #FB7F71; position:absolute; top:0px; left:5px; [/class] [class=textbox] height:216.5px; width:274px; border-bottom:5px solid #ff9c91; border-left:5px solid #ff9c91; border-right:5px solid #ff9c91; border-bottom-right-radius:2px; border-bottom-left-radius:2px; position:absolute; top:120px; overflow-y:scroll; padding:8px; background-color:#FBE4D2; [/class] [class name=textbox] font-size:10px; color:#AC5A59; text-align:justify; [/class]

Holly
Holly was visibly tense, but tried her best to remain outwardly calm as she latched onto Valentine. "The only exit I've seen is the one we came in through. And by the looks of the storm, we're going to be trapped in here for a while. We should just keep our heads down, play the game, and leave when the weather mellows out." She muttered back to Valen under her breath. She didn't want to risk talking too loud and being approached by whatever psychopath that was directing all of this. "I mean, they can't force us to stay, right?" She laughed nervously to herself, her grip tightening on Valen's arm as she leaned against him, her wary gaze traveling from player to player.( PseudoLives PseudoLives )

Cassidy
Cassidy looked like a lost puppy, her eyes wide as she stared at Liam. They were in different groups! The whole point of coming to this with her boyfriend was so that she could actually be with him. And now that they had been separated, she felt her anxiety bubbling to the surface. "C-Can't we just leave if we want? I don't want to play anymore." She tried, her body beginning to tremble. She never did well without Liam being with her. Especially when she was put in a pressure filled situation. She looked at her team members helplessly before she turned back to Liam, wanting to cry out for him but she didn't want to see what the consequences would be if she did.

Myra
Myra crossed her arms, a cool expression on her face. "I.. Kind of know the owners of the house. And I don't think any of them would be capable of any actual wrong doing. So this is probably just some big charade to get everyone in the mood. Make it a night to remember and all." She wiggled her fingers menacingly before she gave a small smile. "Though I personally think it's a bit much, to each their own. Let them have their fun and let's just go with the flow." She shrugged, not seeing any logical reason to worry. It had to just be some big joke, right? "Anyone got the first riddle for our team?" She glanced around, meeting the gazes of each member in the group. ( PseudoLives PseudoLives )

Lyra
Lyra grimaced as everyone around her started whispering in panicked tones. "I didn't think it was going to be this kind of scavenger hunt... But I mean, it just adds to the excitement, right? Don't tell me you're actually scared, Bren." She nudged him teasingly, a wide and toothy grin on her face. "Don't worry babe, I'll protect you from the big scary man." She made it a point to take in a baby voice as she poked at his sides. She flipped over her own name card and let her eyes skim over the riddle. "We could take it one line at a time. Figure out what each part means and then put it together instead of scrambling to put the entire thing together at once." ( PseudoLives PseudoLives )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back