• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Newsies AU

SlytherClaw

Try hard evil genius
I'm rarely into AU's BUT my love for the newsies characters has run strong. Since my dog is tired of me singing the whole soundtrack to her I figured I'd bring my addiction elsewhere.

Plot:

(2018/Current day)

Katherine Plummer and her father have just moved to New York after the passing of her mother. Her father, who is taking over a well known digital publishing company Worlds Media, wants to keep his reputation clean for business and sends his daughter to one of the most respected and high priced private high school in the city. Ever the current day feminist Katherine rebels against her father's choices over her own life by joining the schools news paper as their head activist column writer. While her father pushes for his company to publish items centered around republican and conservative type themes Katrine makes her own mark by publicly disagreeing with his viewpoints.

Her first big story breaks when she's given the task to document and report on a local street artist. Enter Jack Kelly. Jack got a job at World's Media when he dropped out of school last year. When Katherine's father takes over he soon hears about a well known employee who has often sneakily gotten his own activist type stories into the magazine. Not wanting to risk his well established image Katherine's father fires Jack and his supporting co workers.

Now World Digital is set to print out cover up stories for local politicians. Jack's only way to oppose this is to tag buildings with his artwork. During one of his nights tagging he gets caught by Katherine.

Pretty much it! I really would like to write for Jack so I'm looking for my Katherine! PM or comment if you're interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back