Chitchat New Years Resolutions

welian

#BlackLivesMatter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Alright everyone, you know the drill. 2017 is going to be here soon, what are you going to try doing differently?

For 2017, I resolve to join a roleplay. I'm so used to running my own, I forgot what it's like to enjoy someone else's story.

Always a solid choice! If you're old enough and have the money, I find Weight Watchers to be really helpful.

I want to clear some of my debt, and gain more independence. I managed to get a job last year, so this year's all about using it to better my life :)

RP wise, I want to write and successfully GM my own one for once. I have the idea, I just never follow through on them and it's a waste.

Some of 'em are pretty personal but I think my biggest overarching one I'm comfortable sharing in public is to be more careful with my money by not buying so many damn video games. It's easy to just drop 5 dollars here, 15 there on sales and bundles and as a result I have hundreds of games I haven't played yet that I need to at least spend a little time with. There's a few games I'm still planning on purchasing but I'm basically saying "hey don't buy a game until you play at least a few of these other ones and decide if you want to try to complete them or not". I'm also setting aside a percentage of my money every month into a savings account that I can't touch under any circumstances unless either a dire emergency appears or a certain real life event that may or may not happen next year happens. (Being vague on purpose here because again, personal stuff)

Exercise is part of it too, I need to get a little more intense in my routine as I don't think I'm actually working out hard enough to see any benefit. At least I'm not as out of shape as I was this time last year but I still feel so sluggish.

can mine be not to be such a idiot

I guess being more confident in real life might be one. ..

...and stop my procrastination.

Yeah.

No.

The second isn't going to happen.

I have taken up Bullet Journaling as a form of better organizing my self and taking notes and just god its so much fun. Also digital to do lists are distracting due to the devices they are on. This will help me organize things in my personal life, stuff to do for the site and roleplaying :)!

Here are a couple of other things I'm doing for 2017:

• Eat even healthier
  • Focus on improving my health and never letting it degrade again
  • Focus on my new degree goals (Looking at you tasty MD/PhD degree)

Last edited by a moderator:
I resolve to kill fewer celebrities. That did not go over as well as I thought it would.

And here I'm settling for just being happy when I finally get my Associate's! That being said... it should actually be complete by the end of 2017, depending on how some old electives transfer over.

Okay, MORE resolutions, since Wiz has reminded me:

• Drink less soda
  • Get a job
  • Finish my transferable associates in IT
  • Finish my career certificate in E-commerce administration
  • Update my portfolio site with some new design and artwork
  • Give a roleplaying panel at an anime convention
  • MOTHERFUCKING ROAD TRIP

to stop sitting in a corner and crying over the fact i have no real life friends when i'm too anxious to make them anyway. and to break my record of not sleeping for 5 days... that will be fun!!!

Eat more unhealthy stuff, train less and gain some weight. They might not be the best new years resolutions ever, but at least I can guarantee that I'm going to keep them.  

I've got a bunch:

• Train for a full marathon. I've been running only halves and it's bugging me
  • Serve a jump-float
  • Learn to organize my time and stop procrastinating 
  • Seriously, stop procrastinating 
  • Save money and get a job 
  • Actually converse with people in real life. I'm not shy, I just prefer books and Pink Floyd

I have not thought of my resolutions yet, lel.

But they're probably just trying to stay healthy, and smile more! :]

I have quite a few resolutions. 

1. I plan to learn some more HTML. I can do basic stuff but I'd like to make my posts prettier. Even if it requires hours of angry screaming, I really want to do it.
  2. I want to create my own roleplay for once in my life. Gotta test out the GM waters. 
  3. Do better in school. Haaaah. RpNation has distracted me so much from it my grades are kinda slipping. 
  4. Get a decent sleep schedule going, rather than staying up until 6am every morning and sleeping all day. 
  5. Um... Start brushing my teeth. Haha. I'm gross. 
  6. Get the most community rep on RPN. I mean - what? 

Yes!! Very good resolutions!!

@Ambela Don't feel gross, I wasn't taught to most stringent dental hygiene habits as a child, and I struggle with gum disease now. My motivation is having a clean mouth to kiss my boyfriend with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back