• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic New Skies, New home - Space Colony IC-

Nick blinked, Gary was afraid of him? Well, he guessed he could understand that, compared to the thin, lanky man Nick must've seemed like a giant with a bodybuilder career. "Hello, Doctor Ward, settling in well?" Nick said when Ward came up to him. "We have a witness, good, at least we'll be able to cross reference what will be said here in the future in case of a misunderstanding of any kind. For one, I wanted to offer Gary a job of sorts... he's so interested in building his robots, why not make robots for the colony? I had heard one of the scouts say they had found a metal deposit which could work as a mine. Once we get the mine set up, you could start by building a few miner bots, as well as a few farming bots to help with food production... I expect to see more, equally useful designs from you at some point. Everyone should have a job, and since you enjoy building robots, and robots can be useful to us, why not give you a job building useful robots for us."

(( guul66 guul66 Tierax Tierax ))

Gary stared in disbelief, for days now he has been pestering the colony authorites to let him do what he wanted, and now this? It was confusing to say the least.

Gary looked at Doctor Ward confused, he tried to ask his opinion, but the words got caught in his throat.
He crawled behind Dr. Ward, his lanky frame awkwardly poking out.
He mumbled something in response, but not even Gary knew quite what he wanted to say.

"I can't make anything too advanced though... and i don't want to work in a group." He whispered, though he was certain only the doctor was close enough to hear him.

guul66 guul66 AxelVanDeriz AxelVanDeriz

"You can try, you can learn. Better than just laying around all day achieving nothing in the big scheme of things." Ward encouraged, having turned to face both nigh and Gary at the same time. "Get a job and people will trust you more." He added in whisper.

Last edited:
"The good doctor has a point, Gary... that, and everyone needs to contribute, and why not learn a few new tricks for your bots while you're at it?" Nick said, trying to encourage Gary to accept the offer.

Gary looked at the two, he knew both were being on the level right now, and had made valid points but he still couldn't shake the irrational feeling that he was under attack somehow.
Swallowing his pride he tried to straighten up and stand with dignity, instead he ended up somehow looking lankier and more awkward.

"Uh.. ok... sure... when do i start? Tomorrow? Uhh... i could make some simple seed planting bots to speed up farming i guess..."
He looked at the Doctor somewhat expectantly, hoping to hear more support from him.

Gary looked at the two, he knew both were being on the level right now, and had made valid points but he still couldn't shake the irrational feeling that he was under attack somehow.
Swallowing his pride he tried to straighten up and stand with dignity, instead he ended up somehow looking lankier and more awkward.

"Uh.. ok... sure... when do i start? Tomorrow? Uhh... i could make some simple seed planting bots to speed up farming i guess..."
He looked at the Doctor somewhat expectantly, hoping to hear more support from him.

Ward offered a warm smile. In encouragement he decided to also said "You also get access to more supplies for working." in a quiet voice he expected only Gary would hear.

Nick nodded "Excellent, just shower up and report in tomorrow morning at 9...." he took out his notebook and wrote down the name of the building he would be looking for "You'll see a makeshift sign hanging by the door with this on it." he tore off the paper and handed it to Gary. "Also," he took a folded piece of paper out of his pocket. "Work permit." he handed that to Gary as well. A document signed by Nick to serve as proof in case he was questioned as to why he was at the building. "In case anyone gives you any legitimate trouble, send them to me and I'll explain to them the situation." Then, old military training kicked in and out of habit, he saluted the Doctor and Gary before walking off.

Gary held the papers, feeling a weird happy sort of numb. Wards encouragement had stuck with him, his hands trembling with excitement as a smile crept onto his face.

"I'll think about it. Thank you?"
Gary was lost in his own world, but remained behind the Doctor until Nick had walked far enough away that Gary felt comfortable.

Letting out a massive huff he regained his composure and stood out from behind Ward.

"Thank you for that, dealing with that group just doesn't get any easier..." his voice finally back to his regular nervous tone, but his smile still wouldn't fade.

Gary held the papers, feeling a weird happy sort of numb. Wards encouragement had stuck with him, his hands trembling with excitement as a smile crept onto his face.

"I'll think about it. Thank you?"
Gary was lost in his own world, but remained behind the Doctor until Nick had walked far enough away that Gary felt comfortable.

Letting out a massive huff he regained his composure and stood out from behind Ward.

"Thank you for that, dealing with that group just doesn't get any easier..." his voice finally back to his regular nervous tone, but his smile still wouldn't fade.

"No problem, man." Ward sat back down on one of the medbeds and checked the time. "I hope they are sending someone to replace me soon, I'd really like to get out a little."
He realized he didn't have much to do. Should've gotten a few books or something, he figured.

Standing where he was Gary wondered for a moment, if he really wanted to hide away in his shack like he did his room on Earth. Dr Ward had a point earlier, the creatures here are surely beyond anything they could imagine...
Gary felt weird, he imagined this kind of embarassment at himself would only come in a rom-com trope, not simply the idea of making a friend.

Gary mumbled under his breath, then again, and again. Rehearsing what he was going to say, finally he built up the courage to actually commit to the question and turned to face Dr Ward, who was looking at him in a mix of concern and confusion.
Gary realised that he was acting really weird, feeling his face flush he bowed over like an anime character would when they apologize.

"WERE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT GOING AND EXPLORING?!" Gary shouted at the floor, suddenly freezing as he realised he was only acting weirder and weirder.
He stared at the floor for what felt like eternity, not wanting to look up and see what couldn't possibly be anything other then disgust on Dr Wards face. Gary had blown it, surely. He couldn't make friends, he makes bots so he doesn't have to.
Self depreciating thoughts kept Gary staring at the floor like a statue....

guul66 guul66

Standing where he was Gary wondered for a moment, if he really wanted to hide away in his shack like he did his room on Earth. Dr Ward had a point earlier, the creatures here are surely beyond anything they could imagine...
Gary felt weird, he imagined this kind of embarassment at himself would only come in a rom-com trope, not simply the idea of making a friend.

Gary mumbled under his breath, then again, and again. Rehearsing what he was going to say, finally he built up the courage to actually commit to the question and turned to face Dr Ward, who was looking at him in a mix of concern and confusion.
Gary realised that he was acting really weird, feeling his face flush he bowed over like an anime character would when they apologize.

"WERE YOU SERIOUS ABOUT GOING AND EXPLORING?!" Gary shouted at the floor, suddenly freezing as he realised he was only acting weirder and weirder.
He stared at the floor for what felt like eternity, not wanting to look up and see what couldn't possibly be anything other then disgust on Dr Wards face. Gary had blown it, surely. He couldn't make friends, he makes bots so he doesn't have to.
Self depreciating thoughts kept Gary staring at the floor like a statue....

guul66 guul66
"Umm... you don't have to shout, but yeah sure, why not. When I'm released from my work here we can go check the world out."
Ward was somewhat taken by surprise by the sudden question and didn't really know what type of body language to use in response, so he just sat there.
"I guess I should ask someone to find me a replacement, when the overseer or whoever comes by next time."

Gary lifted his head but stayed bowing, he didn't quite understand what had just happened. "Really?"
He hurriedly stood straight and runmaged in his pockets, pulling out a pencil that was nearly worn away entirely, and a crumpled piece of graph paper woth have realised robot designs scrawled all over it jotting down a rough map to his shack and handing it over to ward with an awkward but genuine smile. The rough map was hard to read, having been drawn over everything else, but if Gary was worried he was too distracted to do anything about it.

"I'm going to go make some preperations then! If it's not too late for you, stop by my shack and we can go explore! I'll make something cool for the occasion!" He bounded out of the medical area and out onto the street, forgetting to shut the door behind him.

He had done it, he had made a friend and they were going to explore together! If he can keep this courage up and break out of his comfort zone, maybe this world can be a whole new opportunity... maybe, this could be made into a home for himself after all.

guul66 guul66

Last edited:
Ward looked at the map in intrigue, until Gary spoke to him and as he left Ward sent him out with a wave and a slightly confused smile.
Exploring could be interesting. Nay, it would definitely be interesting. Problem is he'll have to wait until someone comes to replace him. Ward silently prays to any powers that be to send some random nurse or someone so he can get some proper rest and free time.
AxelVanDeriz AxelVanDeriz

Gary burst into his shack panting, he had started running when he saw Ms Black carrying a sack of parts, thankfully she was fixated on those and he slipped away. As long as she doesn't get his work permits revoked he could care les, she is just another bully with a badge.

Throwing aside the piles of junk he had already accrued in the small, cramped and messy shack, he begun planning a new bot... nothing extravagant, but enough to impress and be functional.

Pulling out an old design from his makeshift desk, and adding some slight alteratiins, he set about building with the scrap... he didn't know quite how long he had until Dr Ward was relieved, so he was wasting no time.

AxelVanDeriz AxelVanDeriz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back