• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
Janurary 29th, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson, Llyod ( Jexon Whells Jexon Whells )
Rising Butterflies

He shot a grin at the other when it was clear that the other was opening up just a bit. It was hard to get a read on him with his stellar poker face, or perhaps this was just his typical attitude. Seeing the smile on Llyod’s face at least meant he was doing something right though. It was even better knowing the other was willing to work with him, not everyone did knowing that his power was so hard to see.

“Hell yeah dude, just let me know. I’ll take any oppertunity to dust some serpents. You on that tank shit, and I’ll keep ‘em off you.”

He was aware that Lloyd was likely keeping to a slower pace due to his injures. Part of him wanted to force forward and put an invincible facade on but there was little point in it when the other had seen exactly what it took to knock him down. ‘Sides he had to be taking his Ma to an appointment the next day so he wasn’t going to be stupid and stress a sprain and make it a tear.

“Eh, its a nicer fall back than mine at least. Your power is at least helpful. My ma’s got a similar power to what I have but its stronger and doesn’t rely on her being able to sing. Got bigger drawbacks too though. For me I get an echo back of what I do. She can really fuck herself up with hers…”

He wasn’t sure he wanted to get into it and found himself trailing off as he thought of his mom’s situation. Yeah, it was interesting that he’d wound up with a power like his mom, or that it was so similar, but it wasn’t like he wanted this part of his life to interact in any way with her. He changed the subject on the other hoping he wouldn’t bother to ask.

“Different singing huh? That’d take thinking about it. When adrenaline hits though I just belt out lyrics. Most of the time I don’t even remember what I was singing. It’s pretty rare I use it outside of when shit hits the fan. Kinda sucks too since its not like I can actively suppress it or purposely turn it on. It’s just a fucking weird one man.”

Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
Pre- Outbreak: 2022, July 1st
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Rohen CasualTea CasualTea , Lloyd (Me)
Agonizing Bonechill
While Lloyd was looking around the lobby, he only barely noticed Rohen approaching him directly from the corner of his eyes, something he took note of because he found himself lacking in his initial observation of the room. He didn't really know what to expect from the new rookie, but the tone of her voice definitely was not one of them. He listened to Rohen before responding with a rather serious tone, which did not match with Rohen's pleasant one. "You must be Rohen, the new rookie. You are correct, you are coming along with me and Jackson. He will likely be arriving shortly, if he isn't around here already."

Lloyd looks Rohen up and down, not even subtly. He then looks her in her eyes and says, "Kind of impractical attire for combat, don't you think? Or does it have to do with you Potential? Your hair ornament does look nice." His comment on her attire may come off as hypocritical considering Lloyd didn't exactly have tight fitting clothes himself. In fact, they may even be a size or two too big for him.

Then he hears Jackson's voice to the side of him, making him turn his head to see him approach and cracking a smile on his usually serious face. "Hey man," Lloyd says in a bit more chipper tone than before, "she found me, yes." Lloyd let's Jackson do his introduction, and rolls his eyes when he sees the smirk on his face. When Jackson mentions heading out and asking about the details, Lloyd nods signals to follow him.

"I have got the details, and we are taking my car. I'll tell you everything on the way, though this is pretty standard stuff. We are going to the northern part of Littleleaf, close to the bridge," he tells them as they are walking to his car. He unlocks his vehicle, which isn't anything fancy. In fact, it looks quite basic, like a small family car, which is just the way Lloyd likes it. "You can sit anywhere except the driver's seat," he says in fleeting moment of wit.

CAIO SANTANA COELHO
TIME:
2019, Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Darius (@FangS31), Caio
TEST DRIVE

Hook. Line. Sinker.

He should feel guilty, but he didn’t. The kid didn’t know what hell he’d opened himself into. He’d be a test subject, and nothing more. Or perhaps he did know and just knew there was no escaping the pit he’d found himself in. Theoretically, with his power, he’d have a fighting chance to off Caio, but his spineless nature drew an easy target on himself.

But Caio was a snake indeed. It didn’t matter what the size of the prey he chose was so long as he knew when to strike. Manipulation was just as good a tool as a decently sharpened knife. All he had to do was give the scraps of goodwill. Which meant that any trials he involved Darius in should be far from the ones that involved the ones there against their will.

“When, huh? Considering this is a boon for both of us well, when you have time of course. Just don’t make me chase you down too much. Trials usually involve observation periods as well so clear your schedule for the day after.”

He’d need to make sure that any of his shadier trails stayed down in the pits of the lab and didn’t come into contact with his new little gopher. He pulled out his phone and shot a message down to some of his more direct staff telling them Contaminated was a persona grata and to treat him like a guest whenever he came. He’d be able to enter fine, and be kept away from anything important.

“Message me when you want to start.”

The noise of a text message sounded as Caio’s second text was sent to the other’s phone. Like the last push from a demon into the abyss he proved that the other never really had a chance to get away.

Caio was the serpent’s snake.

He would always catch his prey.

Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
2021, January 29th
SCENE:
Rising Butterflies
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson Reese Alessi BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Lloyd Sorvocah
Rising Butterflies
Lloyd was excited to know he had found someone who would help him destroy some Serpents, and the other way around too. Even if Lloys is strong, he too has his weaknesses and he definitely is not invincible, as Jackson has shown during their sparring match. Jackson seems to also be thinking of strategies aswell, which he finds engaging. Lloyd then listens to Jackson talk about his power in relation to his mom. But not too far into it, Jackson switches up the subject, even though there seems to be much more to tell.

Lloyd decides not to push anything, they just met, for one. Besides that, if Jackson does not want to talk about it, it is not his place to pry. Instead the subject is changed to how Jackson normally uses his power, or rather the lack of it. This certainly got Lloyd's attention. "I can understand you still need to train different forms of singing, and that actually applying them during combat is a whole separate issue. But for crying out loud, don't call it weird. Imagine if you were outnumbered by a bunch of people - let's take Serpents - you could gain the upperhand just by singing! They would be too busy writhing in pain to do anything."

Lloyd's tone of voice had shifted, now somewhat agitated, like a teacher lecturing his students. "I may have won this sparring match, but I could not have held out much longer. Your Potential, at least in my opinion, shines the most when up against groups of opponents and with allies to keep the pressure off of you. You can do much more than what I have seen today, I am certain." Despite Lloyd's lecturing tone, he actually seems to think highly of Jackson's power. On top of that, Lloyd seems to believe he is - and can be - much more capable than he shows.

Yura Heo
SCENE:
Does this have Gluten?
TIME:
Pre-arc 1, 2013
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri Park, Yura Heo
Does this have Gluten?
“Acai? Acai…” The word rang no bells in his head, must be one of those fads. Granted, Yura didn’t keep up with the times when it came to trends and even technology in some matters. The constant flood of information was hard enough to keep up with as it were, with the additional outlets on social media the task could be likened to swimming upstream.

The times were changing, and he was definitely getting old. He had seen it sure enough on his customers, wrinkles deepening with each passing day and step lagging behind even the brightest mind. People were a little like clocks come to think of it, joints accumulating rust and the cogs chugging slower until time would stop ticking altogether.

He paused, like all things inside the store. The store was quiet, time muffled under the distant hum from the fridges. A droning sound that lingered in the air and stretched each breath out into the perfect stillness sieging the narrow aisles. Between the stock on the shelves clung a fine layer of dust to the forgotten corners and in the dark had the light taken on an almost jaundiced hue, lending further to the stale ambience.

Yura almost felt a little bad for lying about the price earlier. Almost. “Your coach? What’re ya, some kinda athlete?” The overgrown cat gruffed and with it shifted the shadows, ebbing and flowing in endless tides over the furrows on his visage. Not quite wrinkles yet, but well on their way there if his frowning continued.

He didn’t know what kind of studio an athlete trained in but he wasn’t about to ask either. “Not really. Jus’ younguns lookin’ to stir up trouble,” a not totally undeserving jab “-an’ a guy on the 7th street who eats so much beef jerky he’s startin’ to look like one,” although he never charged him. Swiping a few items off the shelf Yura turned towards the young lass who was neither one thing nor the other.

The silence ticked on, contemplative until the very last second. “Ya in a hurry back too?” His frown eased, shadows ebbing out again to let the light touch his features. He returned to the counter and dumped the fetched items on it, a bag of carrots, tuna, cucumber and seaweed amongst them. Not exactly what she had asked for but better than nothing. Probably. “Ya can take it like this, or I could whip sumthing up, ‘s up to ya.” Yura covered up a cough “-Not that it matters to me either way.”

@The One Eyed Bandit

Last edited:
Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
Pre-Outbreak || July 1st, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Llyod ( Jexon Whells Jexon Whells ), Rohen ( CasualTea CasualTea ), Jackson
Agonizing Bonechill
<- Remember

Today he had a mission.

For him, it was nothing more than another Friday night, but they were taking on a rookie so he knew he needed to put his best foot forward. Hopefully, this time he wouldn’t eat it. Even so, with Lloyd coming along as well the new gal should be more than prepared to learn the ropes. He listened in from higher ground looking down on the lower lobby of HQ.

Once he saw Lloyd come in he knew it was time to get the ball rolling. He strolled along the walkway to the stairwell his weapon strapped to his back. With as unwieldy as it was he rarely actually used it. No one smart walked around with a lance strapped to their back, even if it was usually stapped into the mic mode. His combat practicality seemed almost zero in comparison to the others. His skinny jeans and form-fitting tank looked every bit stupid for a fight until you realized that despite his looks Jackson was a ranged fighter.

He gave them both a nod as he approached them.

“Hey so you already found each other then.”

The familiar sight of Lloyd’s extremely baggy clothes made him chuckle. He’d never get over the other’s amazing ability to look every part not a dragon when on a mission. It was a starch contrast to Rohen who’d managed to look every part a dragon. He’d looked a bit into her file beforehand but it was rare people reacted well to that information. Ironic really that she’d chosen Songbird as her alias.

“Sooo you’re our rookie then? Nice to meet you. I’m Song, at least here I am. Was that Rohen, right? I overheard you guys as I was coming down.”

He gave a grin to Lloyd that would have read something to the tone of ‘no suitcase today?’ but even he knew to let Lloyd make the impressions he wanted to without pointing out any of the little quirks of his friend too early around this stranger.

“C’mon it's stuffy in here might as well stretch our legs and get goin’ then. Lloyd you got the deets right? We taking your car or borrowing one?”

He twirled as he walked backwards still facing the two as he spoke. It wasn’t like he didn’t know this place like the back of his hand with the years it had been. While he was never really comfortable sticking around long he knew better than to not get a good grasp of the place.

“Oh right, So that sword mean you fight with your own strength or…”

Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Rohen CasualTea CasualTea , Lloyd (Me)
Agonizing Bonechill
While Lloyd was looking around the lobby, he only barely noticed Rohen approaching him directly from the corner of his eyes, something he took note of because he found himself lacking in his initial observation of the room. He didn't really know what to expect from the new rookie, but the tone of her voice definitely was not one of them. He listened to Rohen before responding with a rather serious tone, which did not match with Rohen's pleasant one. "You must be Rohen, the new rookie. You are correct, you are coming along with me and Jackson. He will likely be arriving shortly, if he isn't around here already."

Lloyd looks Rohen up and down, not even subtly. He then looks her in her eyes and says, "Kind of impractical attire for combat, don't you think? Or does it have to do with you Potential? Your hair ornament does look nice." His comment on her attire may come off as hypocritical considering Lloyd didn't exactly have tight fitting clothes himself. In fact, they may even be a size or two too big for him.

Then he hears Jackson's voice to the side of him, making him turn his head to see him approach and cracking a smile on his usually serious face. "Hey man," Lloyd says in a bit more chipper tone than before, "she found me, yes." Lloyd let's Jackson do his introduction, and rolls his eyes when he sees the smirk on his face. When Jackson mentions heading out and asking about the details, Lloyd nods signals to follow him.

"I have got the details, and we are taking my car. I'll tell you everything on the way, though this is pretty standard stuff. We are going to the northern part of Littleleaf, close to the bridge," he tells them as they are walking to his car. He unlocks his vehicle, which isn't anything fancy. In fact, it looks quite basic, like a small family car, which is just the way Lloyd likes it. "You can sit anywhere except the driver's seat," he says in fleeting moment of wit.
Yona Kowloong
TIME:
Pre- Outbreak July 1st, 2022
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson, Lloyd, Yona
Agonizing Bonechill
It didn't surprise Yona that she would get some questions about her attire. It was a rather flowy outfit but she was still able to move around in it just fine during combat. This she knows already due to past experiences. She wasn't stupid to wear clothes she won't be able to move around freely in if she knew she was going to be in a fight. Matter of fact, she could probably say the same about this Song individual. With pants like that, it'll easily rip. Unless that's the goal, she suspects there is something more to him if he was also her senior. In Lloyd's case, baggy clothes may cause some issues with movement. Sure, it's light but perhaps inertia of excess clothing might prove a hinderance. Then again, he was her senior. They both must know how they conduct themselves to be wearing such clothes.

She just simply nodded obediently and followed them to the car and spoke as she did so. "My appearance is most heavily influenced by my homeland in Xia. I come from quite a traditionally valued family, you see. A long lineage and history. I've only recently moved to the city so I offer my apologies if my appearance isn't up to standard." She said acting sheepish but internally putting on that mask to show the acceptance of her current standing while hiding away the vile and ruthless lady she really is. This is mostly influenced by the family business which if the Dragons knew of it, it would definitely give her some really shady and disapproving looks. Maybe some would even come to hate her.

"At home, my grandfather taught me martial arts with a sword, Mister. Song. I'd say that my skill with the sword would be sufficient for what tasks that needs to be done but... What sort of mission are we assigned to, if you don't mind me asking?" She asked as she got into the backseat of the car since her seniors already seemed like great friends. It would only make sense for the friends to sit together. She's used to the back seat anyway. It gives her space to lay her sword on her lap just as she did at HQ. She sat behind Lloyd however since Song seemed like the more talkative and socially affluent out of the two. This would make it easy for him to converse if he so chose.

"Oh and... Thank you, for the compliment. Mister Lloyd. The ornament belonged to my mother. She wanted me to keep something of hers so it's like she's still with me, even if we're abroad." She thanked, not wanting to ignore the compliment she was given by her seniors. She needed to keep up the act of an average recruit that she would assume so that she could understand how operations were ran properly if she were to be of this group. Plan was just to be overly formal and professional for the time being in front of them, just so they could do their jobs as seniors and teach her without feeling weird.

VULKEN BECKMAN
SCENE:
Operation Burning Heartthrob
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, August 10th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Vulken
CURRENT STAGE:
Operation Burning Heartthrob

Cool,” Vulken smirked as he stared down at his phone– which had just collected a fresh new set of digits– with his free arm around the waist of a woman he had been talking to (Was her name Jenna, or Gemma? He’d had a few drinks and didn’t remember). “I’ll call you later, ‘kay? Get home safe.

He waved his future one-night-stand off as she exited the bar with a couple of her friends, now leaning on the bar with the most idiotic grin one could imagine plastered sloppily onto his tipsy face.

Still got it, old man~ And they all say I can't fuckin' get chicks.

He fanned his irritation towards his fellow Phoenixes constant taunting and ordered another drink, however this one wasn’t for him. Moments ago, he had noticed a familiar head of blue hair enter the increasingly crowded pub. It was the man of the hour– one of his favorite rookies, Charlie Hughes.

The kid had potential– anybody with a working set of eyes could see that. But, in a man like Vulken’s eyes… the kid was working too hard. Especially for someone who had just joined a little over a year ago. When Vulken was a kid, he was working just as hard– and oh, how his life sucked. Well, kind of. The former Jack could see a bit of himself in the shorter boy, and he knew just the way to steer him onto the right path of happiness and youth as a member of the Phoenixes– booze, and chicks.

In a flash, the crimson-haired veteran was beside his cerulean junior– comically sliding along the bar’s counter and wrapping his arm around the young man. He flashed Charlie a squiffy grin and handed the alcoholic beverage to him, patting his shoulder before leaning in closer to make sure he could be heard in the packed establishment.

Charlie~!” He cheerfully greeted him, flagging the bartender down with a quick raise of his fingers. “Glad ya made it, kiddo? You… you ready ‘fer ‘yer mission?

Roda the Red Roda the Red

[ Art by @gxxberkit ]

SCENE:
New Royals
TIME:
Post Arc 2, about a month
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Tri
New Royals
The coin was smashed down. His favorite coin.

Tri paused and stared at Hector. He now wanted to smash the man in, but that provocative look was not something he could answer with violence. Violence meant he lost. So, he smirked. He did not move.

"What a pity for the floor," he said slowly. "And the table. And the poor man smashed over, the medical bill would be difficult to cover on a server's wage."

But he was Tri the Hidden Master. He always found a way out. A way for success. And Hector had revealed his weakness early into the night.

"If you bring out the bill, I'll kindly help the manager ensure that every damage and drink is compensated." Tri took a sip and met Hector's cold eyes with his own. "The Queen of Phoenix is not a ruffian. He has the capability to pay."

Hector had no money.

Tag: @WhiskeyMarten

Dante Aguilar
CS Link
SCENE:
Not Quite Pet Sitting
TIME:
☽ Jan 2nd, 2022 || Post-Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Dante
Not Quite Pet Sitting
Sometimes you can’t weasel your way around a shitty situation, can’t make anything off an odd hand deal. Whether you’re good at dancing the dance or not, a bad hand won’t win you the big buzzer even if you play it right.

That feeling had become all the more tangible nowadays.

He was easing into the seat of his ’67 Impala, like an old hag on wheels. A dark shade in the pen-drop quiet, only the gold glimmer of its eyes smudging themselves on the glass panes. As if a child had rubbed yellow crayon on a wet thumb over the slant of his tinted windows. The engine was dead. The night air shifted, and he watched.

He watched her in the darkness.

She was late. Or, rather, he’d gotten here too early. He didn’t know anymore.

All he knew is that it was looking to be one of those nights he hated. It was always one of those nights he hated, recently.

In nine lives out of ten, he didn’t want to be here— playing his analogous cards of life. But he was living that one life, the hard one; and sometimes you just had to get up and play your cards. Mark an X and move to it for the sake of getting the job done, biting down a bullet. Like a damn tin man; Frankenstein; monkey doing pirouettes for the ringmaster.

Because what’s a little pawn gonna do about it? Fight back?

The feeling sunsets and dies out quicker than it comes, really. That spark, that poison telling him he had to get even with these fuckers. Quiets down easy when he remembered his brother was on the line, that they could send one of their shit-for-brain goons his way at any moment if he ever fucked up on one of these jobs.

Because life’s an evil bitch, and because a bad hand can’t be turned around when the house is against you— a fact his brother Damián learned in just one night. One single whiff at the casino, and then a mix of liquid poison urging him to splurge a bit more. And now they were knee-deep in shit. One night is all it took.

After a while Dante just…lived with the fact.

Life had become a comfortable numbness the day after the tigers had him tied to that stool, beating the edge out of him, having him spit out a molar, choke on two more. Teeth grew back, at least his did when he sat on the dark a while enough, but his ego never seems to broaden back to size. Not since. Not even in the dark.

Yet, that broken ego was the whole pith of the business, wasn’t it? You get beat up, you get your task— maybe you’ll earn enough rep down the line to dish some of the beatings yourself.

You needed to have tiger prints lining your coronaries to fully stomach the job. Dante was still growing his, hoping his heart wouldn’t give out in the process.

“Fuckin’ hell…” — He sighed, two fingers already under the handle. It was about time he got to work. He was standing on the words he’d told Damián through the phone back then — “Don’t worry, big bro’s got this…”The car door latched open; he stepped out.

The first thing Camila would’ve heard was heavy footfalls coming up behind her, followed by a disembodied voice clearing its throat for her attention. Dante stood for a second, his bright yellow eyes peeking through unkempt hair and the cap he had pinned down to the nose; he was sizing her up. She looked frail, barely reaching him up the chin— high-decorum, classy type of woman, he figured.

So it was one of those jobs, then, huh? He was supposed to be ‘the muscle’, and she was…

Well, he’d have to see her attitude first before taking such a potshot.

“Sorry for taking so long, traffic’s rough tonight.” — He gave her a quiet dead pan before rolling into his next words, folding arms, standing a foot beside her — “Call me whatever you’d like, if you haven’t looked me up yet. I hope introductions won’t matter that much after tonight anyways…”

And he wasn’t lying one bit when he said that. Best case scenario, they wouldn’t see each other again after this. For him at least, it was.

Before Camila could open her mouth to speak, Dante spun a story. A short one at that.

“When they were first setting up this place,” — He told her — “It was half safety hazard, half playground for most kids around— quarter litterbox if you counted all the strays runnin’ around. Me and a couple of fuckheads used to dare each other to jump the fence at night, see who chickened out or got caught first.”

“It’s still the same piece of shit factory from back then, is what I’m trying to get at. I came for a peek last night just to make sure it was. I already have some of it mapped out from memory, snakes aside. About 90% sure we can just hop the right fence and we won’t get noticed. That’s the only in I’ve got planned, don’t know about the rest.”

“How do you wanna do this then?”

He wasn’t taking orders; he wasn’t calling shots— he was laying out the few options he saw. After all, he’d taken up the job at first thinking he’d go at it alone. Camila was just another headache to add onto the abyssmal pay check.

Roda the Red Roda the Red

Dante | Overcast, In saline | Clemency Private Hospital

"I could teach you," he suggested as he leaned on the wall opposite her. "You'd need to cut some days out of your schedule for me though if you're serious about that though."

Shapeshifting made staying under the radar easy. It was just half the time, unless he had specific places in mind that required a Form, he wasn't always changing forms. When you had a limit in how often you could shapeshifting or how many times you could swap between, there was a necessity for tact.

"Of course someone with your status would make it difficult to hide that pretty face. I think we can work something out. Maybe make you look more like a punk, when you're outside. Add some gothic taste to your wardrobe." Not even aware of her inner thoughts in the moment. Certainly not about to bring it up when he had done all the research he needed about the incident already.

"I hope you don't mind dark nail polish and lots of eye shadow. Going to have to change everything if you're going to phase out that eye-catching energy and play it low." Of course that all depended on how open she was to making changes and playing parts. When he dressed down, he did it to a exceptional degree and never did it within the Tiger Den. It was always outside of it. Like when he went back to the bowling alley and had dressed up as a volunteer, doing his part to remove rubble, dirtied clothes and torn and worn, messy hair, and dusted jacket. It was far cry to the clear light brown skin he had, the almost glowing white hair and the sparkle in his eyes than the day he carried wrinkles over the damage he had played a part in doing. There was a lot of work that went into leaving Dante behind and returning to who he once was before him, and it required the mental effort put in to be executed anywhere near halfway good just as much as it took quite the bit of attention to not let himself screw up when he dawned a Form.

"Whats the plan when you get out?"

Mentions: n/a

Interactions: @The One Eyed Bandit

Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Llyod ( Jexon Whells Jexon Whells ), Yona ( CasualTea CasualTea ), Jackson
Agonizing Bonechill
<- Remember

Xia huh? So she was a foreigner. He wondered if she came into the city because of that traditional valued family. As far as he’d heard New Oasis had had far more people born with potentials. Perhaps Xia was one of those fringe nations where there were nearly zero with potentials born. He let out a sigh wishing he’d done more research but there was more than enough information that would never make the pages of their reports.

“Your appearance doesn’t really matter so long as you wear things mobile enough to not leave you in a bind. Each person has a different style and that means what hinders one may be a boon for another. For example, my ability requires me to keep singing. So getting caught and pinned would be game over for me. I keep form-fitting clothes so they can’t be easily grabbed.”

He saw her slide into the back and was half tempted to see if he could get Lloyd to let him drive despite his initial objections but figured that might be better for after when they could feel out the gal’s temperament more. Instead, he opened the truck tossing his lance in before circling up to take the front seat. He understood Yona’s wish to keep her mom close but he felt he needed to speak up on her keeping it close.

“If its your only trinket from her you may wanna leave it behind. Precious things should be left behind when you’re on a mission. Never know what might break or be lost.”

He glanced over her question on the mission. He wasn’t one for the plans, when it came down to it every mission boiled down to ‘beat up X’ or ‘fetch Y’ or ‘protect z’. With the monotony of the routine it was rare he checked what the details were beyond the who what and where. He gave Lloyd’s shoulder a friendly nudge with his elbow as if telling him to go on.

CAIO SANTANA COELHO
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
~2004, Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri (@The One Eyed Bandit) Caio
Captives of The System

Burgers huh?

Well a burger joint wasn’t the worst thing they could have come to. He felt a twing of irritation of hearing these so called parents mentioned again. His old man might not be the most reliable and his mom was a real bitch but even then she’d rather pretend that he wasn’t existing rather than the shit he was hearing Brandy’s parents pulled.

“Hey, don’t go off in la la land on me. You said burgers right?”

He started to flag down a waitress in the place seeing as they were clearly not doing their damn job. Luckily it seemed she was already coming back from whatever that was. For a moment he felt concern that the girl might be doing the same thing paranoia startle his pops did whenever he got hands on the damn drugs he went searching out.

“Yeah, we can get anything you want. Hell get both, if you don’t like one you’ll have another.”

The waitress finally seemed to make her way over once Brandy seemed to decide on at least some things. He waited until she asked what they wanted and started rattling off everything Brandy had said and then some.

“Big Brunch Burger, Crunchtime Special, Strawberry Shake, Fries, Root Beer, Scorpion Burger, Mozzarella sticks, Onion rings, an orange cream soda… Yeah, did you want anything else Brandy?”

Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
Janurary 29th, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson, Llyod ( Jexon Whells Jexon Whells )
Rising Butterflies

Being told he shouldn't call his power weird was not where he was expecting this conversation to go. Especially since he quite literally had to actively remember to not sing in most cases. It’d been years since he could peacefully sing without worry. It had only gotten him the strangest of looks when he was constantly sitting out of every music class he’d ever took. It just became more of a pain when an earworm was spread around the radio.

“Eh, yeah its useful for combat sure, but it’s not like I particularly wanted something like this. It’s- well let’s just say it’s caused me some grief having it be something I can’t turn off. It’s not like kid me wanted to go around hurting people because I couldn’t grasp that it was the singing.”

He had a frown on his face as he remembered the confusion of growing up with a mother who’s pain senses were so fucked by her own power that she couldn’t even realize she should be scolding her son. He only really seemed to perk back up as Lloyd’s analysis of the combat hit him.

“Wait- huh? With allies? Most see my power and want nothing to do with being around me. I work on my own mostly cause no one could handle being around me. I may be able to direct it but if I don’t know where they are or someone gets too close… well let’s just say most don’t wanna go through that again.”

MARKUS WEISS
SCENE:
Clad in Golden Dreams
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 16th, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Ezra, Viss, Mark, Jess, Hiachi, Tak, Elias, Jesper
CLAD IN GOLDEN DREAMS
Before he knew it, Markus was flying. Like a kid being lifted out of the deep end of the pool by an over-protective parent, the Tiger King himself had been hoisted up, back, out of the jaws of danger as they clamped shut around empty air where Markus had once stood. He was a King, not some snot-nosed brat who needed saving.

In that moment he could've killed them all.

In that briefest split second splash as his backside landed with a thud on the ballroom floor, Markus saw himself letting it all go. Oh, what a nice night's sleep he'd have gotten, if only he'd been a little quicker in letting it out, if only the annoying voice of reason—a voice that was beginning to sound more and more irritatingly familiar—hadn't talked him out of it. Step down from that ledge before you hurt yourself. He was a King. He didn't take orders. He gave them.

During the split second that followed, Markus scrabbled to his feet. He could feel a vein in his neck bulge. It reached his temple. His fists and teeth were clenched so tightly he thought he'd never pry them apart again. In that moment he didn't see the need. This was it: a second chance to make the 'right' call and bury them all. His eyes burned with coldblooded fire. Fuckin' rats.

The buzzing in the air was easily mistaken for the sound of his own blood rushing past his ears as his heart pumpled double-time. Passeri was asking him something. He was aware of that much, but very little else.

"Doesn't matter..." Numbers didn't matter, except to the coroner. Crystals of ice lapped at the edges of his vision. He was a King. His breath fogged in front of him. With every inhale, he pulled in power like drawing water from a well. From the tips of his toes he could feel it, the cold slithering up his legs like vines. He could feel the ice in his veins. With his waking eyes, he could see it. What was once a ballroom, now a tundra. The peak of a snowcapped mountain. Bodies buried in the snow. One more draw. He was a vessel fit for bursting.

Breathe in.

Shrike hissed as pink particles blocked the path to her mark. What was more, in the brief moments that followed, a boy with a sword had also placed himself in the path of her destiny. Twitching her wrists, twin thorns fell into outstretched palms as she lurched toward the living obstacle, eyes wide, expression manic. First she'd impale this one in two places on the pink wall behind him, the gaunt woman thought. Then she'd finish the job she'd been paid for.

For his part, Billy (not 'Bulldozer', or 'Briggs', just Billy—sometimes just 'Brekka') had always liked Markus. Markus wasn't 'nice', but he honored a contract, and to a hitman, honoring contracts was just about the only thing that mattered. Billy had done work for Markus before. He was an Albino Tiger, but he didn't feel anything about that. It just made getting paid easier. The others were Tigers too. Like him, it was in name only. Billy hadn't liked the look of them when he'd first met them. Thought they looked wrong. Like they didn't honor their contracts. He'd kept his mouth shut about that, because Markus didn't pay him for his opinions. It made what happened make sense, though. Pah!

Still, he was glad he didn't bother to get to know any of them. It made what came next easier on his conscience, when he caught Frintz, a spindly fellow, by the shoulder with one hand—whilst the shifty man had been trying to sneak up on somebody else—and with the other, batted him on the top of his head like a hammer to a nail; he hit him so hard that he heard a little Pop! as the vertebrae of the little man's spine compressed like a Slinkie.

Where was Boss, again? Dead men couldn't be expected to honor contracts now, could they?

PEYTON XIONG
SCENE:
Those in the River
TIME:
June 5th, 2022 | Post-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Dyne

THOSE IN THE RIVER
The Sphyx Tavern. Definitely not as good as the Eternal Night Palace in terms of a place to work. In contrast to the ENP and its orderly drinks and sexual energy, the Sphyx Tavern was the rowdy tumultuous fun that the North was known for. There were never four chairs at each table as many of them fell victim to barfights. The bar was lined with cheap liquor, and the table covered in vinyl stickers that Peyton gave up on removing. The floor was scuffed and in need of an upgrade, but still vaguely functional.

Peyton wiped sweat from his brow as he looked at his work. Each faux wood table was sparkling clean, some even gleaming in the dim glow of the partially turned off lights. It was past closing hours, and so not a soul was in sight in the tavern. But Peyton wasn't leaving just yet. He had a late night customer that was looking for some of Tri's chemical weapons. Dyne, the bewitching owner of the For Vacancy bar.

The short Serpent remembered her well. Peyton had stopped by For Vacancy several times before, one of the more memorable times during that heatwave exactly a day less than a year ago. Between grape snowcones and the relaxing music, Peyton got to understand the Countess and her entourage of men.

Right on time, the robber bell at the front of the door rang, signifying her arrival. Peyton looked up from the table with a customary, "Welcome!~"

Peyton wiped his hands on the towel in his pocket and hurriedly went up to her to take her jacket and hang it up. It might've been the middle of the night, but it was still far too warm in the tavern to be wearing a jacket.

"Long time no see! You're looking as beautiful as ever! I'm jelly that you can pull off any outfit like that!" Peyton said. The incognito outfit was not what Peyton was used to seeing Dyne in, but it still fit her like a glove.

Peyton himself wasn't dressed shabbily either. The tavern didn't have an etiquette of how their bartenders should dress, but Peyton didn't have many opportunities to wear the uniform he had stolen from the ENP before he left. The dress shirt and pants, the bow tie, the black vest that was emblazoned with a golden dragon, it all fit in perfectly. But even dressed to his best, Peyton knew his charm couldn't be compared to Dyne's.

Underneath the bar table was where Peyton stored all the potential weapons that he could sell Dyne. So Peyton returned over there, but he also offered Dyne, "Do you wanna drink something before we get started?"

Damafaud Damafaud

Takahiro Sugita
SCENE:
Post Arc-3|| Confidential Motivations
DATE:
July 1st, 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Takahiro, Peyton ( Coyote Hart Coyote Hart )
Confidential Motivations
Taka couldn't stop his face from turning into a pout. He could be mean... if he tried hard enough. Being mean wasn't really in his vocabulary, it took a lot for the slender man to become angry. If it meant that Peyton might like him more... he could try and be mean. He opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it. It was hard for him to purposefully say something rude... why would people do that? He found himself deep in thought, only coming back to reality when Peyton planted a kiss on his nose. Maybe he should leave being mean to the professionals.

When it came to playing video games, Taka was no expert. While he knew a few combos, most of his attacks ended up being button mashed. He wasn't interested in winning, in fact, he would have preferred if Peyton won. He couldn't remember the last time he played video games with a friend. As long as he got to play in the future, he couldn't care less about the end result. Just spending time with Peyton was enough for him.

After a few minutes, Taka had lost the match. That was an end result he expected, especially with his skills. "You've played a lot more video games than me. I gotta stop getting high and play a little bit more." If he was able to practice, maybe he wouldn't have to button mash so much. Sadly, he enjoyed getting a high a little bit more than this game. While Taka knew he lost, he wanted a rematch. He wanted to do a wager for it as well, can't have it be boring.

"For this next match, why don't we do a wager? I'll give you something and you give me something If I win. Your prize is going to be a surprise so don't ask me... you'll quickly find out when you win." Taka couldn't hide the grin on his face, a swirl of thoughts brewing in his head. He wanted to make their game more interesting and a wager would accomplish just that. "If I win, all you have to do is go out with me.. as friends! Only friends... maybe I'll teach you how to dance." His cheeks turned red for a few moments, the color draining when he regained his composure. He was excited to see if Peyton would accept, it would make it more than just a video game.

Ashley Hart
CS Link
SCENE:
Get(ting) Help
TIME:
Post Arc-3; 2 1/2 Weeks Later
PARTICIPANTS:
Ashley, Charlie, Gideon, Hector, Hitoshi
GET(TING) HELP
Ashley's grin remained firmly in place as he watched Charlie skid across the dojo floors. The toothy expression only widened when he saw how fast his friend recovered, ready to charge in again. He shared his fellow Phoenix's sentiment, having missed the feeling of a good fight that didn't put any heavy ass weight on his shoulders. But right as that thought popped into his head, another one that disagreed followed soon after.

Ain't it no fun if Blue holds back tho?

Not immediately taking in what was going on, he paused for a second, trapped in a momentary internal debate with himself. Yeah, it would've been a way better fight if he and Blue didn't have to worry about wrecking the dojo, but he wouldn't exactly say it was no fun. Why would he even think that?

When he finally asked the correct question, he remembered who was watching the fight from nearby while he was busy getting absorbed by the heat of the challenge. Against his better judgment, he looked away from Charlie, wanting to see what was up with Gideon. But right as he did so, his attention was grabbed by something much more concerning.

The sight of Hitoshi nearly collapsing after his sudden outburst caused Ash to drop his stance, freezing him in place for a moment. It was unfortunate timing, as Charlie's staff slammed into his side, causing another wave of pain to shoot through his body. With the way his eyes were suddenly dyed, it was obvious that he was definitely feeling the injury. However, everything else about him said otherwise. He still stood in place, eyes locked onto Hitoshi.

Immediately, Ashley ran over to the older Phoenix, slowing down once he was close enough to gently get under Hitoshi's shoulder and support his weight. "Easy, big man." He tried getting him to a sitting position, anything that would help him catch his breath.

He normally didn't have much tact or delicacy to spare, but when he saw Hitoshi's state, Ashley couldn't help but remember certain points in his life. Several times, he and members of his old crew ended up in a bad way just like this. It wasn't something he liked to think about very often.

"Gimme some deep, slow breaths. Ya still know where we are? Know who we are?" He aimed his thumb at the three nearby Phoenixes, trying to pull Hitoshi back to reality.

Gideon Gray
SCENE:
Loose Exhibition
TIME:
April 1st, 2022 | Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Gideon, Zulin
Loose Exhibition
"See you in a bit," Gideon said nervously as he returned Zulin's wave with one of his own. As he exited the car, he eyed his parking job and the car-- his car. It felt weird leaving it at the parking lot as if nobody was going to steal it back. But this was only going to be a ten minute stop, so it should be fine, right?

As Gideon walked to the Burger Knight and entered, the excitement and mischief on Zulin's face continued to bother him. Gideon was 90% sure that Zulin was joking, but there was that 10% that made Gideon think that he had done the equivalent of cleaning the gun to his own execution. Perhaps as soon as Gideon left the Burger Knight, Zulin was going to pelt him to death.

Ah well. Gideon was going to have to trust Zulin to not do that. Besides, Zulin seemed like the type to prank Gideon with something he could barely endure. Getting paintballed didn't seem to fit the criterion... right?

As usual, there was no line at the Burger Knight, and Gideon was able to quickly place his order. He avoided eye contact with the cashier as he mumbled, "Could I get... two large fries? With two drinks?"

In no time, Gideon was back at the car, sipping on his drink whilst munching on some ketchup covered fries on the roof of the car. He had arrived back at the car much earlier than the alloted ten minutes. Now all that was left was to wait for Zulin.

Gideon took another fry from his paper bag and bit off of it. It tasted alright. A bit soggy, a bit oversalted. Gideon shifted his weight as he waited for Zulin. He wondered if he should brace for a hailstorm of paintball pellets.

Peckinou Peckinou

Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Yona CasualTea CasualTea , Lloyd (Me)
Agonizing Bonechill
Lloyd kept most of his attention to the traffic, but he still listens closely to the conversation in the car. As Yona speaks, he can't help but think, 'Something is off about her. She is acting way too subservient for any Dragon to recommend her.' He glances at her in his rear view mirror, seeing if he can read anything on her face. Alas, he doesn't really have the time to analyse someone while driving. He then notices something when she thanks him for the compliment. "You don't have to call me 'Mister'," he says with a calm tone, "I understand the formality, but it really isn't necessary for me. Besides, I am only twenty-three years old."

Shortly after, Lloyd begins to crack a smile when he hears Jackson talk about the sort of 'mission standard' for attire. The reason he cracks a smile is because Jackson is saying almost exactly what he would have said. Lloyd gets a bit lost in thought when he thinks about how long ago it is that they met, just because someone had set up a sparring match between them. Now, about one and a half years later, they are on a mission together with a new rookie. Lloyd never thought he would have a friend such as Jackson, someone he could learn from and who sticks by him even when he can be so serious and dry. It makes him happy, even if he doesn't outwardly show it a lot.

Lloyd gets pulled out of his thoughts when he gets nudged about the mission details.
"Ah, sorry. The mission. We have been tasked with going to an old underground infrastructure where it is believed Serpents are trying to smuggle their drugs into our district. We are to find them, "dispose" of them, and confiscate the drugs so they can be destroyed properly." There was an undertone when he said 'dispose', which Jackson knows just means to kill those Serpents with any force necessary.

It wasn't much longer before they arrived at an old warehouse, close to the northern bridge in Littleleaf. There was a single truck parked close to the loading bay of the warehouse, clearly out of place. Lloyd parks somewhere a bit out of sight to keep their presence hidden, for now. "There are some old tunnels underneath this warehouse which go to an old sewer system from days long gone. It comes out by the water somewhere close to the bridge. This isn't the first time they try to smuggle in their drugs this way, but they don't seem to learn. Not that they usually return to their district to tell about it." From the way Lloyd speaks the last sentence, there seems to be some sort of twisted amusement in his voice.

Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
2021, January 29th
SCENE:
Rising Butterflies
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson Reese Alessi BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Lloyd Sorvocah (Me)
Rising Butterflies
Lloyd stays quiet for a moment, realising that Jackson's Potential is also figuratively a pain to him. On top of that, it sounds like he hasn't really had a lot of good experiences using it with other people rather than against them. "I am sorry to hear people haven't been sticking around because of your power. But they also cannot expect you to have full control over your power and be able to direct it if you have no one around you to practice with."

Lloyd puts a hand on his shoulder and cracks a smile before he continues speaking. "I propose we train together more, starting with finding the limits of your Potential, mainly on range and directional control first. Once we know that, I am certain we can come up with various strategies that allow us to work excellently together. Does that sound alright with you?" Lloyd extends his hand to Jackson so they can shake on the agreement, if he wants to, of course.

K̴H̸Y̷D̷N̶A̸H̷
SCENE:
In and Out Tagging Job
TIME:
Post Arc 3, July 17th
PARTICIPANTS:
In and Out Taggin Job

Khydnah, her tall and mysterious figure draped in a foreign robe, approached Rolos with an air of quiet confidence. The hood of her robe partially concealed her unkempt hair, and the jewelry adorning her aged form clinked softly as she moved. The group of smaller Khyn, each a manifestation of her's and other's unique abilities, slithered and crawled around her, their presence adding an otherworldly touch to the scene.

"R̸o̷l̴o̷s̶," Khydnah spoke in her firm, unnatural, well-spoken manner, her pitch-black eyes fixed on him. "̵I̷'̶v̴e̷ ̵c̷o̴m̶e̸ ̷t̷o̷ ̷a̷s̷s̷i̵s̸t̵ ̸y̵o̷u̵ ̵w̷i̶t̶h̵ ̶y̷o̵u̴r̸ ̵a̵r̴t̶i̸s̷t̶i̴c̷ ̶e̷n̷d̸e̴a̷v̵o̴r̸s̶.̵ ̸I̷ ̷t̴r̶u̶s̶t̵ ̶y̸o̴u̴ ̸h̴a̴v̷e̷ ̶t̵h̵e̷ ̴n̸e̶c̸e̴s̴s̶a̵r̷y̸ ̷t̸o̶o̷l̴s̸ ̴f̸o̶r̸ ̵o̴u̴r̸ ̴l̶i̵t̸t̵l̷e̷ ̸v̴e̸n̴t̷u̴r̸e̵.̶"

Her gaze briefly shifted to the concrete Lucky Cat statue he held, and a faint glimmer of curiosity appeared in her amber irises. The smaller Khyn, sensing their mistress's attention, remained vigilant, ready to carry out any command she might give.

"A̶s̴ ̴w̷e̷ ̷p̸r̶o̷c̵e̴e̶d̵,̷ ̷k̴e̸e̷p̷ ̵i̷n̶ ̴m̷i̸n̷d̶ ̵t̴h̴a̴t̴ ̸m̴y̵ ̷a̸s̴s̷o̷c̶i̸a̶t̶e̶s̸ ̸h̸e̷r̴e̷," she gestured subtly to the smaller Khyn surrounding her, "a̸r̶e̷ ̵m̴o̵r̶e̸ ̶t̸h̴a̵n̷ ̶m̷e̸r̸e̸ ̶c̷o̶m̷p̷a̵n̶i̵o̷n̸s̶.̴ ̷T̷h̵e̵y̷ ̵p̸o̴s̵s̵e̴s̸s̷ ̴u̸n̸i̵q̸u̸e̴ ̶a̷t̵t̴r̶i̷b̴u̵t̶e̵s̶ ̶d̷e̷p̵e̷n̷d̶i̴n̵g̴ ̴o̸n̷ ̴w̴h̷a̸t̶ ̷I̵ ̵c̴o̴n̴s̶u̸m̴e̸.̵ ̵I̴ ̴b̴e̵l̷i̸e̸v̵e̷ ̵t̴h̷e̴y̵ ̸c̷o̵u̶l̷d̶ ̸p̸r̵o̶v̷e̴ ̸u̶s̶e̸f̴u̸l̴ ̴i̴n̸ ̷o̵u̶r̷ ̴t̵a̵s̴k̶.̸"

Khydnah's enigmatic presence seemed to cast a peculiar atmosphere, blending the mundane act of graffiti with an undertone of mystique and potential danger.

kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

Haley "Rolos" Boyd
CS Link
[/url]
SCENE:
In and Out Tagging Job[xxx]
PARTICIPANTS:
Khydnah
In and Out Tagging Job
He watched the creatures by her side, trying to figure out their purpose past the cryptic explanation. But whatever. She brought some extra hands, and that was just fine. He smiled at her, still with only his cargo shorts for holding supplies and his pads for in case if he fell, a stark difference to Khydnah's robed form.

"Yeah, I've got the paint. As for any depth, leave that to me. And here." He picked up some loose bits of concrete on the ground, the whole thing going from broken pieces to a full block, then whittling itself down into another Lucky Cat. He handed it over to her, the little statue smiling at her. "Take this. It's not that special or anything, but I believe these statues bring good luck. Now... Our first target is the West District."He motiones for Khydnah to follow as he walked, taking steps and mending the cracked ground beneath where he stepped on stone. It wasn't a full repair, simply pulling out from the deeper parts to cover about half a foot of the hole.

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
ERIC EVENSEN
SCENE:
All I Want for Christmas is Your Money
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 | December 15th 2020
PARTICIPANTS:
Missy, Eric
All I Want for Christmas is Your Money
Eric's head perked up at the sound of his pretend name being uttered, his hands working to discard a card and drawing a new one from the deck. "Well, I've played for a couple years now, but it was only online" He stared at his hand, contemplating his weaponry for this round. "It's my first time playing with real people, so I'm sorry if I get a little nervous"

It was important to make himself seem as easy of a prey as realistically possible, to tread the line between showing too much confidence, and looking like he's downright bulshitting. He needed to catch them in the act if he wanted to throw any accusations at the girl.

Once all of the players finished arranging their hands, the round reached its peak, Eric having proudly raised the stakes by adding ANOTHER amestriyen to the table just a moment ago. The showdown finally arrived, with everyone presenting their hands, the young detective stared at the other players and their mediocre suits, before humbly revealing his own.

"Well...Straight flush" He noted, enjoying the displeased of the others as he dragged the money with pretend insecurity. "I think today might be my lucky day, actually..."

BriiAngelic BriiAngelic

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
Anger Management
TIME:
Daytime, Pre-Arc 1, August 1st 2019
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Daigo
Anger Management
Having finished a chaotic lap through the restaurant, Charlie leaned against against the entrance's frame, fingers firmly clutching at the wooden structer and his torso learned forward. He took a moment to stop, his bated breaths snitching on his lacking levels of stamina, something he had promised himself to work on for months now, but it was always easier said than that. Looking up once more, the young criminal had escaped his sights after crossing the streets. Feeling the desperation creeping up to him, the young man found the strength within himself to push forward, a new leap taking him to the alleyway he had predicted the boy to have headed to.

The sound of his footsteps became clearer as the cacophany of the busy streets became quieter, struggling to make its way in between the tall buildings. Still with no blonde brat in sight, Charlie grew weary, contemplating the possibility that the kid might have actually gotten away with it.

Then, there's was a groan of pain, coming from right around the corner.

Peeking over in an unusually sneaky manner, Charlie caught sight of his target at last, however, the level of relief that it brough him was quickly overriden by concern, with a group of unfriendly-looking people smiling sadistically towards the youth. An imposing man was taking center stage on the gang-up, a metal bar in hand ominously presenting itself at the boy.

Perhaps it was the lingering adrenaline from the pursuit, or maybe he was just annoyed and needed an excuse to lash out at someone. But most likely, it was just Charlie's hopeless nature of wanting to help others that forced his body to move towards the group.

"I'm gonna have to stop you there" He spoke loudly, a gust of wind running through the alley, his fluffy mid-back blue hair flowing dramatically. "That's a child you're terrorizing, so how about you scram?"

It was unfortunate that, at a simple glance, the boy was about as intimidating as a growling dachshund.

@joshuadim

Last edited:
Lloyd Sorvocah
TIME:
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson BriiAngelic BriiAngelic , Yona CasualTea CasualTea , Lloyd (Me)
Agonizing Bonechill
Lloyd kept most of his attention to the traffic, but he still listens closely to the conversation in the car. As Yona speaks, he can't help but think, 'Something is off about her. She is acting way too subservient for any Dragon to recommend her.' He glances at her in his rear view mirror, seeing if he can read anything on her face. Alas, he doesn't really have the time to analyse someone while driving. He then notices something when she thanks him for the compliment. "You don't have to call me 'Mister'," he says with a calm tone, "I understand the formality, but it really isn't necessary for me. Besides, I am only twenty-three years old."

Shortly after, Lloyd begins to crack a smile when he hears Jackson talk about the sort of 'mission standard' for attire. The reason he cracks a smile is because Jackson is saying almost exactly what he would have said. Lloyd gets a bit lost in thought when he thinks about how long ago it is that they met, just because someone had set up a sparring match between them. Now, about one and a half years later, they are on a mission together with a new rookie. Lloyd never thought he would have a friend such as Jackson, someone he could learn from and who sticks by him even when he can be so serious and dry. It makes him happy, even if he doesn't outwardly show it a lot.

Lloyd gets pulled out of his thoughts when he gets nudged about the mission details.
"Ah, sorry. The mission. We have been tasked with going to an old underground infrastructure where it is believed Serpents are trying to smuggle their drugs into our district. We are to find them, "dispose" of them, and confiscate the drugs so they can be destroyed properly." There was an undertone when he said 'dispose', which Jackson knows just means to kill those Serpents with any force necessary.

It wasn't much longer before they arrived at an old warehouse, close to the northern bridge in Littleleaf. There was a single truck parked close to the loading bay of the warehouse, clearly out of place. Lloyd parks somewhere a bit out of sight to keep their presence hidden, for now. "There are some old tunnels underneath this warehouse which go to an old sewer system from days long gone. It comes out by the water somewhere close to the bridge. This isn't the first time they try to smuggle in their drugs this way, but they don't seem to learn. Not that they usually return to their district to tell about it." From the way Lloyd speaks the last sentence, there seems to be some sort of twisted amusement in his voice.

Jackson Reese Alessi
SCENE MUSIC:
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Llyod ( Jexon Whells Jexon Whells ), Yona ( CasualTea CasualTea ), Jackson
Agonizing Bonechill
<- Remember

Xia huh? So she was a foreigner. He wondered if she came into the city because of that traditional valued family. As far as he’d heard New Oasis had had far more people born with potentials. Perhaps Xia was one of those fringe nations where there were nearly zero with potentials born. He let out a sigh wishing he’d done more research but there was more than enough information that would never make the pages of their reports.

“Your appearance doesn’t really matter so long as you wear things mobile enough to not leave you in a bind. Each person has a different style and that means what hinders one may be a boon for another. For example, my ability requires me to keep singing. So getting caught and pinned would be game over for me. I keep form-fitting clothes so they can’t be easily grabbed.”

He saw her slide into the back and was half tempted to see if he could get Lloyd to let him drive despite his initial objections but figured that might be better for after when they could feel out the gal’s temperament more. Instead, he opened the truck tossing his lance in before circling up to take the front seat. He understood Yona’s wish to keep her mom close but he felt he needed to speak up on her keeping it close.

“If its your only trinket from her you may wanna leave it behind. Precious things should be left behind when you’re on a mission. Never know what might break or be lost.”

He glanced over her question on the mission. He wasn’t one for the plans, when it came down to it every mission boiled down to ‘beat up X’ or ‘fetch Y’ or ‘protect z’. With the monotony of the routine it was rare he checked what the details were beyond the who what and where. He gave Lloyd’s shoulder a friendly nudge with his elbow as if telling him to go on.

Yona Kowloong
TIME:
Pre- Outbreak July 1st, 2022
SCENE:
Agonizing Bonechill
PARTICIPANTS:
Jackson, Lloyd, Yona
Agonizing Bonechill
Huh, she knew it. Jackson isn't a frontliner, rather pulling up the rear and committing themselves to ranged attacks. And Lloyd... Is only a mere couple of years ahead of her? She never knew she'd be working with people around her age. It was... A rather interesting feeling. "Oh. I see. I'll refrain from formalities then, Lloyd." She said. She then took on Song's comment about the trinket. She fiddled with it somewhat before speaking once more. "Actually, it's quite the opposite. While it is precious, there is meaning behind it. Think of it as my constant reminder whose words only I know that had been spoken from her. The message being a sort of... warning." She admitted. If she was asked more about the warning, she wasn't going to elaborate any further. That warning is only known by those who opposed her and those who have known her exploits and feats in Xia. If they knew, they'd surely beg for a chance to see tomorrow.

Upon hearing the mission objectives, Yona just nodded her head silently. Eliminate any threats, dispose of the drugs and cripple the drug supply chain. Drugs, huh? She wondered what sort of drug they're smuggling. Perhaps she'll do some investigation on her own while on the field. Maybe even cut off this loose end permanently if it's been repeatedly used despite it being cleared out before.

"Interesting..." She muttered to herself. So this wasn't even all that different compared to what she did back home. She'd be delighted, but this was probably the exact reason why she left home in the first place. "...Kick the rat out of biz, can't kick the biz out of the rat..." She muttered to herself once more but more quietly, making it near inaudible for Song and Lloyd to hear her clearly, following a sigh. She really thought she could finally clean off the blood from her hands. That just isn't the case anymore. At least here, she's more free to do as she pleases. Which also meant how she operated. She wasn't told or even aware of any rules of engagement. Who's to blame her for not informing her sooner if she just does a little too much?

"Right, so just cleaning out the sewage then. Sounds... doable." She said, her words trailing off as her gaze seemed to be turned to the outside. Observing the buildings and surroundings being left behind as the group passed them by. Does she miss home? Perhaps. Is this still a better quality of life for her at least? In her own way, yes. Here, she has freedom. No restrictions how she should act around elders, no elders period. Her parents should be fine, they have more than enough capacity to take care of themselves. She just zoned out, staring through the glass which separated her from the outside of this moving vehicle. Come to think of it, perhaps she should get a car too. She was driven around most of the time. Maybe she will just get a car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back