• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Kazue Kaneko
SCENE:
Helping Hand
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Kazue
Helping Hand

Another satisfied customer.

As Kazue was retreating to judge Charlie’s next move, her hands got grabbed. Her eyes shot wide open and she activated her Potential on herself again. This was it.

Except it actually wasn’t it. Instead of the attack she expected, Charlie simply shook her hands hard enough to have dislocated her shoulder if her Potential wasn’t active. So it was a good idea after all.

Kazue knew exactly what kind of repayment she wanted, but decided to not share it so as to not make the situation uncomfortable. As Charlie remembered he was supposed to be on the run, she returned to serious mode.

“Right. First, take some of these.” Kazue reached into her bag and retrieved some snacks, slightly damaged in transit. “Healing is really energy draining. I think. That’s how it usually is.”

How was Charlie to escape? Guardian and gang members were everywhere.

“I’m not risking my neck any more, I can’t accompany you. I can give you a disguise, though.”

Kazue pulled off her hoodie, revealing a second identical white hoodie underneath. She rolled it into a bundle of cloth and shoved it into Charlie’s arms.

“I have more where this one came from. Take it.”She could stand parting with one. Hoodies were cheap enough, and she had plenty to spare.

However, could she handle handing over her hat?

A hand grasped the bill. With great effort, Kazue took off her baseball cap.

It was a mistake.

Losing the hat was like losing an essential body part. The hat was her, and she was the hat. Kazue had been separated from her hat before, sure, but only in freak accidents, and even then, a backup hat filled the void. Removing it voluntarily was a new trial she was unready for. She felt vulnerable, she felt as weak as an NP, she felt indecent, she felt naked (even though Kazue had physically been naked with Charlie before.) If she thought that she was afraid of getting attacked by the Phoenix, now she knew true fear.

Kazue jammed her hat back onto her head. She would have to give up her backup hat, so she reached into her bag and pulled out a hat. She’d need to be very careful for the rest of the day.

“Put this one on, too. Hide your hair. Hopefully you can stay unnoticed for just long enough to get out of here. I don’t know a way out for you. Just try to blend in, I guess. Sorry.”

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
TOWER OF POWER
TIME:
Evening, Pre-Arc 1, August 2nd 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Musai, Sable
TOWER OF POWER
His gaze still focused on the mighty tower that taunted him, Charlie got startled by the sudden voice behind him, quickly turning around to meeting an unfamiliar face. Cold, emotionless eyes framed his face, adorned by a courtain of dancing smoke. "Oh, Hi there, yeah that's me, you can just call me Charlie if you prefer, though, glad to meet you and likewise" He lightly bowed respectfully at the man. He may look and sound uninviting in equal measure, but his actual words and attitude seemed civil enough to instill the rookie with tranquility.

Almost immediately, a third individual entered the scene. In contrast to the cold and low-key Badger, the main presenting himself as Musai was quite on the opposite end of the spectrum. From the loud and boisterous red clothing to the power stance and hot headed tone of his voice. "Nice to meet you, Musai! I'm Charlie...Or Temperer, either is fine too" He knew that it was a bit too early to make any hasty assumptions. However, while neither of the two seemed like particularly nasty gangsters on their own, it didn't take a detective's eyes to notice just how different the two men were, with Charlie himself being admitedly something of a middle point between them. Could such a dynamic work well? Would they be able to agree on a decision regarding their target's fate? The boy could only pray for the best. "Well, for our target I was thinking tha-"

"So here you are, the challengers of the Maelstrom tower"
Charlie's body tensed up, turning to his back, now finding himself in front of a man who's presence was nigh-unnoticeable until now.

6988a3d2626431abadbc7b39201d404691187d5e.png

"I won't lie, given the reputation of the Scarlet Phoenixes, I expected more of the hulking types to show" He shrugged, fixing his glasses with the tip of his index finger "But I guess that looks can be very deceiving when it comes to HPs such as yourselves" His last comment hinted at his true nature as a regular, puny human.

Charlie remained puzzled for a moment, trying to make reason of the man's sudden appareance. It was seconds later that the pieces fell into place "Oh! Are you perhaps...W.L.?"

With closed eyes and a relaxed smile, the young man nodded. "Not the discovery of the century, but you'd be correct nonetheless" He opened his eyes once again, extending his arms towards the phoenixes in a welcoming way. "Well, feel free to ask me whatever you want, I can spare some time going into detail now that we've met in person"

"Alright...Who are we going for? I beleive we were never told"

"Yes, of course, a simple yet vital part of the whole operation, isn't it?"
He placed one hand on his hips, the other one holding support under his neck as it craned to the side, speaking once more after feeling a satisfying crack. "Atop of that tower is one of the old legends of the City, one of the former champions of the underground fighting circle of New Oasis, his title going by Regulus..." He fell into an ominous silence for a moment, contempt simmering in his eyes as he resumed. "He's the man who killed my father, and I want justice"

He smiled once again. "Any other questions?"

Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters- Shugo Shugo

Deirest
SCENE:
The Murder Above The Coffin
TIME:
June 8th, 2022 | Post-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Areith, Deirest
The Murder Above The Coffin
For a time, she was back there. Where there was no light. Only her blood and screams. Back in the coffin, before she'd stained the word, and the world had stained her. The drone of music reached her through the void. A crack in her trip into memory.

She stirred. The neatly pressed sheet that covered her fell to the floor, and then the weight of her body pressed into further into the dust as she tumbled down with it.

"W'adiss... All that..." She pawed at her eyes. This was new. A first in this life of seconds. Music. One end of her ached to silence the racket, while the other was pacified by the dull, grand melody. She took a ball of the white fabric into her fingertips. It was soft, like the sound. A mat of music and moonlight, woven into one.

She tossed it aside, and lurched to her feet.

"What is... All this...?" More clearly, she repeated. Her nose twitched. It smelled familiar, in here. The scent of dusty cobble sparked within her nostrils. There it was again. The shattered window overhead, dyed with all the colours of the rainbow. They smelled the same as the casket had, stained deep with wayward faith. All that was missing was the smell of blood.

"Yooouuu-" Only now did she notice the woman who towered over the keyboard, her large frame made tiny before the magnificent instrument. "Where did the other ones go...? Theeee... Tall and dark" The shadows. "They had to tell me... Something."

She'd already forgotten what it was. The Moon shone through the shattered window, but her eyes were blurry. They did not see. She didn't notice. Only what was within the church's four walls was within her notice. Cobble and pews. Pews lined with eyes. Digging.

"Yoouuuuuuu-" Step, step. She tread across the church. Her toes curled as they went from the sheet's gentle embrace, to the cold touch of midnight cobble. "You tell me. What am I...?" What was she? Forgetting? Doing? Here for?

"What am I..." The end. She stopped behind the woman, and grasped at her shoulder, her face twisted into something inextricable.

What, indeed?

thebigfella thebigfella

Last edited:
Passeri Park
SCENE:
Why Do House Cats Sharpen Their Claws?
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 | July 6th, 2022
Central District, Grubtopia Grocery Store
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Pei
Why Do House Cats Sharpen Their Claws?
"Awuh..." Laid flat on his ass, Quinten shuffled away from the mad Phoenix. Stray cans and shattered glass parted as his freshly soiled pants dragged across the ruined supermarket floor. He was lost for words, but not for noises. As one of Pei's stray assault rifles clattered noisily to the ground beside him, he blubbered something indecipherable, and then scrambled to his feet.

"Y-y-y-y-y-you're nuts!" Suddenly, the hero was gone. Passeri Park? The tattered corpses of innocents? A poor, lost little girl? He'd never heard of any of them. Shattered jars crunched beneath his feet as he turned them in sync with his tail, and then dashed from the scene.

"I..." Passeri watched him as he went, an expression of dull shock glued to her face. Maybe it was for the better. The less time she spent with a camera in her face and questions being barked at her, the better.

"Not sure if I should be... Laughing or... Crying right right now..." There was a loud thud as Quinten threw himself from the roof, though with much less grace than he had from the helicopter. This kept happening. The higher she raised her guard, the more she was taken off of it.

In the distance, another set of blades whirled towards the supermarket. Within the cabin, an EMT spoke into a phone, the 9-News cameraman on the other end. Above Pei and Passeri, the first helicopter shifted away, making room in the immediate airspace for the second's arrival.

"Finally..." Passeri breathed a sigh of relief as the emergency helicopter broke the horizon. "Thanks again... For your help... I don't think... I'm bimbo enough to fuck this up... Too..." Then again, with how the day was going she wouldn't have been shocked if the stretcher snapped in two beneath her.

"Suggest you... Get scarce... Before they get here..." Blood dribbled from her nostril. The strain of speaking so much was finally getting to her. "Paramedics and police... Like this..."

If she could've crossed her fingers, she would've. At last, the emergency helicopter settled above them, and a rope ladder and stretcher lowered dropped from above.

"Patient is in sight..." A muffled voice spoke through a radio. "Descending now."

Passeri's eyes felt heavy, the whirr of the helicopter's blades like the world's most intrusive lullaby. She, just barely, clung to the world of the conscious, but only looked out at it through a veil of bloodied, silver eyelashes. Her head drooped, and stare at Pei's boots.

"Look me... Up... After... This..." Each word was a monument to resilience, or perhaps just to how much she loved to talk. "Pay you... Back... Promise..."

A debt to a Phoenix, printed by her own hand. She'd have to start sharpening her claws, indeed.

Last edited:
SABLE MELLIVORA
SCENE:
TOWER OF POWER
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Musai, Sable
TOWER OF POWER
You can call me Charlie if you prefer ...

Sable took mental note of Charlie's greeting, and offered only a silent nod in response. Temperer would more than likely learn very quickly that Badger was, by preference, a man of few words, but those fewer that knew him at all were at least aware that it was never out of disinterest or apathy. The man simply believed that his voice was only necessary when action wasn't available, and that in their world where violence & crime were commonplace, relationships were built through hardship and time spent working together. Luckily, the mission at hand meant that both were inevitable.

The sound of flip flops slapping against feet broke through the air, and Badger turned head to bear witness to the third party member's arrival. Of the three, Musai had been in the longest; long enough to have been ranked as a veteran amongst The Phoenixes. Even still, Sable was also aware that nobody here tonight was truly more in charge of the others based on how long they'd been around. They all came here because they wanted to after all. Was it safe to assume that they shared a reason for coming in the first place? Hopefully so. Mutual goals meant that they were very likely to work together towards accomplishing this daunting task.

Despite the difference in composure, and personality, Sable genuinely believed that he and Musai were cut from similar cloth. Perhaps they radiated their personas differently, but Badger could recognize a rugged southern brawler with ease. It wouldn't have even been a surprise if the man who claimed the alias of 'Fault' participated in the bare knuckle fights his family's business hosted back before The Hurricane had torn the district apart. Badger opens his mouth, giving a very brief introduction so that the both of his compatriots formally knew who he was now.

"Sable, or Badger. Lookin' forward to working with you Musai."

Who we fukken' up today?

Musai took the words right out of Sable's mouth with that question, and with a small sidestep that caused the heel of his shoes to click with each shift or movement, Badger gave Charlie a passive glance, half expecting the shortest of the trio to have an answer. The cigarette is brought up, and he takes a deep drag, practically burning through nearly half the length in one fell swoop. When Charles started to speak, Sable's pupils flickered over the shoulders of Temperer to watch their employer, 'W.L', more or less make himself known to the group.

... I expected more of the hulking types to show

Damn, and here Sable thought that he were one of the taller members of the gang, or was this a figure of speech?

The smoke that bellowed from Badger's nostrils, along with the frown on his face, and slightly knit brows made him look as though he were an old dragon casting its judgmental gaze down on those who bore witness from below, but he found no reason to really chime in with any comment or snappy quip. The others could speak up after all, and all he really wanted to know was who they were specifically after, and what to expect once they officially started knocking heads. Charlie was the one to ask the former of the questions on his mind, and while W.L. took the time to explain the situation, Sable finished off his cigarette, and flicked the butt away with his middle finger. With one last plume of smoke blown from his mouth, Badger spoke with that very same tone of controlled menace to his voice.

"You mentioned guards. How many should we expect?"

Roda the Red Roda the Red Kameron Esters- Kameron Esters-

Last edited:
Passeri Park
SCENE:
A Murder Under Starlight
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, 2013
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Corvo
A Murder Under Starlight
Passeri almost jumped as the older woman approached. Under the stark light of the streetlight overhead, the red of the woman's hair reminded her of blood. Her phone went to her pocket, and she slathered on her best, most relaxed smile. It wasn't the woman's job to make her feel better, just to get her home.

"Yes! Good to meet you!" She stepped out from the studio's porch to join Corvo on the street-side. "Thanks for taking the job so late... It was really hard to find someone who wasn't shady, for something so close to midnight."

Almost everyone that she'd found had reeked of the gangs. It wasn't like she was completely uninvolved with them herself, especially if you asked whoever was in charge of handling her debt, but that still wasn't her. She'd shaken hands with the Tigers because she'd had to, not because she aspired to become a petty thug.

"Um- My place isn't too far from here... It's just aaa... Thirty minute walk? Usually I make it myself, but, er..." Her voice trailed off. Hadn't she just told herself that it wasn't her job to make her feel better? She didn't need to know.

"Well... You know! We've been doing better lately, so I thought 'Better safe than sorry!', you know?"

They hadn't been, unless you counted obsessed fans as a merit of success.

"I think I've got everything... Are you good to go? No, um, stun gun or something you forgot in the car?" Her fingers fumbled with one another, listlessly. A distraction from the anxiety in her chest, like her words. They felt numb from the cold. "It's, um, up off Almerson's, on a little side road. The seven story building. N-no carpark, sorry."

Hiring Corvo wasn't the only thing she'd pried open her purse for, this month. After the incident, she hadn't been able to sleep in her old apartment without having nightmares. It was only thanks to some of Ariel's connections that she'd been able to afford to move and hire Corvo both.

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Stranger's Gold
TIME:
29th January 2022, Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Hector
Stranger's Gold
"Mmmm... Great time management?" The first thing out of Passeri's mouth was a canned answer. Hector's question wasn't an uncommon one. She'd heard the very same one, perhaps with a word or two jumbled about, during countless magazine and TV interviews.

"That's not really an answer, though, right? Let me think a second." And think she did. While she fiddled with the teapot, she picked at the back of her head. Juggling plates was always something she'd been good at, so how she did it wasn't something that often occurred to her. One of the funny things about being busy was that it left ever-so-little time in the day for idle introspection. There was a gentle clink as she rested the teapot atop a saucer, and then the gentle rattle of porcelain-on-porcelain followed her as she returned to her seat.

"I guess it's really all about separating the wheat from the chaff?" She set a cup down both herself and Hector, and set the teapot in the middle of the table. "There's always the stuff you wanna do, and then the stuff that you actually have to do, right? A lot of people think that's the beginning and end of it, but then there's also the stuff that you only think that you need to do."

Parsing the difference between the two was worth more than most people knew.

"Like, do I need to go on my jog in the morning, or can I do it at night when there's nothing else to do anyway? Or- Do I need to be making my bed, or can I use that time to brush my teeth instead? Did you know that I didn't even make mine until I was making enough to hire a maid?" She poured a cup full of tea for Hector, and then herself. Steam billowed up, and the scent of berries started to fill the room.

"Don't tell anyone that, actually. Some of those tabloids that they sell in the West could run a story about how much of a slob I was for weeks." She raised her cup to her lips, and took a small sip. "I hope you're fine with fruit tea! It's how I slip in something for my sweet tooth when I'm dieting."

Her cup rested lightly between her fingers. After spending so long up on that awful, muggy stage, the steam's warm embrace felt lovely.

"Of course that's not all that is to it, but little things add up, you know? All of the little scraps of time I save in my day are why I have enough left to do stuff like this every now and again. It's all about, like, efficiency and priority, or something? Cut out tea-time with your bestie, and suddenly you've got an extra hour per week to do something more productive."

When even was the last time she'd done something just to hang out? She couldn't even remember.

"Not that you have to go all out. I'm lucky enough that my me-time makes me money." It sounded blunt, but that really was how it was. If she hated singing and dancing, then there was no way she'd be able to do as much as she did. "But not everyone's got that! R&R is a part of working hard too, you know? A relaxed mind is more efficient, and efficiency is what it's all about, right?"

She took another sip out of her tea. It occurred to her that giving time-management advice to a rival Ace, perhaps, was not her brightest idea, but she thought little of it. This was her placing bets. That was what the Tigers were all about, weren't they? Calculated gambles? Markus, an all of his glum frowning, should've been proud.

Elise Cutter
SCENE:
Calling Amestria
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | July 4th, 2022
Not-So-Abandoned Storefront, West District
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Dagger
Calling Amestria
“Ah. Uh.” She scratched her cheek, staring up at the shop’s signboard, deliberately attempting to escape the topic of the whole ‘playing nurse’ thing. It was troubling enough that the other woman hadn’t the slightest idea what chaos her words were causing on her psyche. She decided, instead, to try and run through combat scenarios in her head to chase the stray thoughts away.

“They wouldn’t,” she answered quietly. “The kind of people who look for them aren’t usually looking for bedside manners.” She unscrewed the cap from another bottle of water that she had extracted from the van. “”S why they’re called ‘patchwork’. Take out bullets, sew up the holes, throw in some painkillers if you’re lucky, and send you off with a pat on the back.” She took a deep swig from the bottle and wiped her mouth. “Rest and recuperation, cover it on your own. Hurts like hell, but it’s cheap. Anyone who looks for docs like those, aren’t exactly loaded with money.”

“Far as I know, the good ones have sterilising equipment on hand,” she continued, before taking another swig from her bottle. “Blood all on the floors, but ‘least the needle threading the wound shut’s clean.” She scoffed, and set the bottle aside, approaching the Princess and the equipment she was now ushering her over to assist in carrying. “That’s enough for the seedy underbelly things. You shouldn’t hope to end up in my haunts. Shouldn’t have to visit the shadows, you.” She crouched down and fixed her hands around the bottom of the display, and nodded. “Remember, ‘Seri, lift with the legs, not the back.” At the Princess’s ‘Three!’, she stood up slowly, taking care to match the Princess’s speed and her height. “Slowly now. No rush,” she advised carefully, as she started to shift the display towards the open doors of the store.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Jessamine Darkness
SCENE:
THE LONGEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES
Heiwana Sasayaki, East District | Theater
PARTICIPANTS:
Hifumi, Ottilie, Jessamine, Dyne, Yushui
THE LONGEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES

What– “Hifumi?” She stared at him. His eyes seem to go dark, his voice trailed off, and his mind seemingly drifted off to places unknown. What the fuck was going on with him? “Hey, Hifumi, what are you–” She started, reaching out to grab his shoulder, to no avail. Her hand slipped off him, and he had already moved towards the stage. What was he doing? She rose up from her own seat, and strode after him. She watched as he clambered up on stage. “This isn’t funny any more, Hifumi, stop–”

His hands wrapped around the stage actor’s neck.

“Fuck!” Jessamine broke out into a sprint now, hopping up on stage with them. She grabbed at Hifumi, trying to pull his hands off the actor’s neck, again to no avail. She might be strong, but the strength that Hifumi was exhibiting at this crazed moment was far greater than she had thought. No, it was more that she was afraid that if she worked his arms any more, she, herself, might snap them. He was resisting too much for her to actually do anything without hurting him gravely.

There was no choice then.

She took a step back and reared her fist. She shouldn’t use her Potential on him. Thing like that, might knock skull shards into his brain than some sense into him. She just had to shake his brain up a little bit. With a perfectly executed right hook, her fist swept around her, and collided with Hifumi’s face.

@BluEndings

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Just Sweet Enough
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Yong-Yut
JUST SWEET ENOUGH

Hector chuckled. ”Vulken feels old? You feel old? You two are barely older than me, and I’m sure as hell not old yet. He just wants to be dramatic. I guess age is different for us, since, y’know, our lifestyles. But there’s plenty of people 'round us that I can call old, and Vulken ain’t one of them. Heck, getting older’s something to be proud of. Means you’re a survivor.”

He paused for a moment, looking at Yong-Yut oddly. ”What makes you think you’re getting left behind anyway? You’ve done so much, like, uh…. You know, you’ve developed so much since I’ve known you. It ain’t just your hair. You’re stronger, smarter, you’re one of our best and we’re lucky to have you. You wouldn’t be having ice cream with me if you were a decrepit old nobody.” His fingers tapped the table in a rhythm that quickened as he spoke. ”When you figure out what you want, you just need to take it, honestly.”

The tapping fell out of rhythm before stopping altogether.

”You’re not having problems with the Phoenixes, are you? Just general change you’re after?”

Inigo Han
SCENE:
Not Thinking Twice
PARTICIPANTS:
Camilla, Inigo
Not Thinking Twice

“West, huh?” Tiger territory. Hadn’t had a quarrel with them for a bit. That was a little out of the way though. He did so want to get home, but to just leave the lady alone after a thing like that, that’d just be rude. However, the one thing that caught his attention was her question. He looked at her quizzically, tilting his head slightly. “I mean, yeah. I’m not about to leave you alone after that incident. Not really a thing I do, just leaving people alone like that. I’m not some mysterious superhero that just comes and goes, y’know.” He rubbed the back of his neck and gave a chortle.

“But yeah, sure, we could just wait for your people. Don’t need no making up, though.” He resisted the urge to whip out his pack of cigarettes. “Just being able to do something for someone in this hell of a city’s enough of a reward for me.” He bent down and picked up his jacket. He paused, and his eyes darted from the jacket and the lady. With a flick of his wrists, he aired it out, and draped it over the lady’s shoulders. A little thing he learned from Tatsuo back in HQ. Gal was still looking a little antsy, and a little warmth, something over her shoulders, might help in easing her worries. Some small talk, nothing interrogative, helped too. “Inigo. Inigo Han.” He indicated himself with a slight smile. “Figured out how you could make it up to me, too. Just your name’s enough for me.” He waved at her, leading her out of the alleyway, picking up his plastic bag as he went.

Roda the Red Roda the Red

TEDDIE TUCKER
SCENE:
Friends Who Slay Together Stay Together
The Tucker's House, North District Outskirts
TIME:
Post Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Celeste, Teddie
FRIENDS WHO SLAY TOGETHER STAY TOGETHER

“Jozef, Jozef, Jozef? Teddie!” Eliza called, waving a free hand while to other grappled with her makeup. “Do you know Joz-”

“Ah, Jozef. Yes, Jozef. Jozef Daalman. He’s a funny guy, Eliza, you’d love him.” Teddie processed the most important part all too late, as he’d already started laughing to himself about some long-lost memory of Jozef, after a few seconds he looked toward Celeste. “So the Dragons got to him? What a shame, what a shame. I’m sure you tried, Celeste, I’m sure.” A rare display of what could be sympathy. Teddie cooled his gloved hand before patting Celste’s arm, though its warmth was still felt. “The Dragons won’t get anyone here, so don’t worry yourself. I think I’ve got a new game for me and Eliza to play-”

“Ooh, that’s lovely, Teddie. Can’t wait!”

“-and you can join in too when we're back. That’ll make you see things in a better light. ‘Liza, are you ready, my darling?”

“Just about!” Eliza stepped away from the mirror, showing off her sloppy makeup, she leaned to Carlisle, planting a kiss on her cheek, before looking up at Celeste with a smile.

“How long would you say our date will last, Teddie?”

“Couple hours? Couple hours. However long it needs to take.”

“We’ve got lotsa food in the fridge, deary. Take a peek in the freezer if you want, but we didn’t have room for any more food in there. Sorry about the tv, but I think we have some more toys somewhere for Carly! You’ll be alright, thanks so much again for looking after her.”

Eliza grabbed some worn sneakers from the corner of the room, slipping them onto her feet. ”Well, we best be off!”

”Goodbye Celeste. Goodbye, goodbye!”

They both seemed to care about the news in their own ways but seemed to be far more excited about their new game. Eliza gave Celeste a quick hug, and Teddie a wave before they headed to the beaten-up jeep in front of their house, and then they were gone. Carlisle cooed, wriggling in Celeste’s arms.

Kisara McDowell
SCENE:
Shifting Around The Side View Mirror Is Good Until You See Your Own Reflection
PARTICIPANTS:
Keith, Tak, Kisara
Shifting Around The Side View Mirror Is Good Until You See Your Own Reflection

Good moves from the redhead. Her eyes were focused on him rather than the other man. It was pure blind luck that he ducked out of the way, that much she knew. Even from here, she could make out that he was tying his shoelaces. A stray thought entered her mind. Was he deaf? No. Was he just stupid? Probably. No matter. He was of no consequence. He was just a distraction. Best to get him out of the way for now.

Or…

She could just leave. As much as she wanted to finish this fight, she was in no physical condition to. Her body still felt like it was made of lead, and after that blast, she felt more sluggish than ever. She could muster up another charge or two, but after that, she was as good as being face down in the muddy waters of an alleyway somewhere. She had never felt worse. She felt like she was interrupting something stupid here between the redhead and the other man, and she wanted nothing to do with it. At the same time, she felt like she was being deprived of the attention that an actual fight required. Both irked her out. She had to figure her own way out of this, whether it was by bashing the redhead’s red head in, or just jetting out of here at the next best time. She refused to drag Bash or Raph into this, or even Sang. Fight, or flight? She steadied herself, and raised her fists. The rings around her arm sputtered to life again, struggling to charge back up.

There had to be a better way to keep fighting. She couldn’t rely on charging up like this all the time. Maybe a weaker output of energy? Maintaining the charge, while minimising the use of the actual battery of the charge? A lesser impact, but a more sustained powered sequence? She shifted in place, opening and closing her fists. She could try…

She whipped out her left hand, and focused on the tip of her index finger, firing a singular beam, like a bullet, straight at the red head.

thebigfella thebigfella Roda the Red Roda the Red

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
DOUBLE TAKE
Shady's Motel, Phoenix HQ, South District
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Zane
DOUBLE TAKE

”You’ll take my word for everything. Hector softly corrected. He was thinking about Boltius now and almost started to feel bad. He was leadership as much as him, but he didn’t even know that this conversation was happening. Was he right to put trust in Zane without consultation? Of course. Hector nodded. Boltius had enough on his plate and is still his underling after all. He can be filled in later.

”I wouldn’t have promoted him if he wasn’t. He’s the most Phoenix a guy can get. You’ll do what he says too unless I tell you otherwise, but I don’t think you’re gonna have any problems with him. You’re not gonna have a problem with anyone you’re not meant to have a problem with. You’re good right now, Zane, but I’m not gonna shed a tear right now if I have to let you go. I’m sure you understand.”

”Whatever, you’re not an idiot. I don’t need to tell you how not to fuck things up.” Hector shook his head dismissively. "Today wouldn’t be a bad day to go out and gauge people’s thoughts on-” He waved an arm across the bed. ”-This whole situation, y’know.”

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Calling Amestria
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | July 4th, 2022
Not-So-Abandoned Storefront, West District
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Dagger
Calling Amestria
"I- Sorry?" Passeri only barely registered the taller woman's advice in time. Just as Elise hauled her end of the display off of the ground, her knees bent, she shuffled forward, and then pushed up with all of her strength.

"Oh, wow, you're totally right." Her legs wobbled as she moved in tandem with Elise, but she otherwise felt steady. Was this what she'd been doing wrong with all of the pots? "I had this, like, completely backwards! All this time I've been trying to just pluck everything off the the ground..."

She was glad, in that moment, that the bulky display hid her face and in turn the flush of red that ran to her ears.

"Okay, so... I wanna put this one up along that wall on the right, there..." In sync with her gait, Passeri kept her words slow and steady. Bubbly chatter could wait until after there wasn't a three-hundred-pound glass cabinet between her arms. Every calorie that she spent on speaking was one that wasn't going to her arms and legs which, despite Elise's advice, still struggled to keep up.

"Easy now..." Her feet moved from the pavement to the polished tiles of the store, and her pace slowed. Pink eyes darted over her shoulder, and she ever so slightly nudged the cabinet from one side to the other. Picking the thing up had been enough of a task the first time. She didn't want to drop it in the wrong place and have to go through all of the trouble again.

"I think... Righhttt... Here! Let's set it back down in three!" Her arms trembled as she pulled the display those final few inches into place. "One, Two... And three!"

Passeri let her arms relax, and the display made a hearty clatter as it touched back down on the earth.

"Great work... Dags'...!" Each with Elise's help, Passeri still found herself a little lost for breath. That was why she'd gone for the biggest thing first. It'd only get easier from here.

"Gimme another few... Okay? I'm taking your advice to heart, here..." The store was barren, but not totally bereft of furnishings. Passeri plucked a metal chair, which had been left behind by the place's previous tenant, and deftly saddled it, her legs wrapped around the chair's back.

"How's more chatting? Those um, clinics you mentioned. I admit I'm not thrilled about the idea of visiting them..." Or the idea that Elise was making herself a regular. "But it'd be better to know than not, right? Let's say I get jumped, and the traffic is so bad that there's no way that I can get to the hospital... Knowing where to pop my head in might just save me a leg, right?"

She eyed Elise's flask. Would it have been greedy of her to ask for more? She was pretty sure that she'd left a few bottles in the fridge downstairs, but peeling open that gigantic metal door just for a bottle of water didn't exactly sound appealing to her at the moment.

"And it's not like I've not spent my fair share of time in seedy spots too, you know! There was this thing one time back before I re-debuted where I went to a fight club... And there was this guy with acid, and..." Only as she recalled the story, did the grisly details of how that fight had ended return to her. She'd long come to terms with it, at this point in her life. There was no way she could've integrated herself as deep into the Tigers as she had if she were still squeamish about killing.

But, still, there was something that bit her tongue back. She hadn't needed to kill the man. The only reason he'd wound up in the grave was because she'd wanted to win. Would Elise think less of her, for that? She could have just lied about it, but whatever was keeping her from speaking the truth didn't seem to want her to lie to the other woman, either.

How troublesome.

"And... Actually, I think I forgot! Scatterbrain." She picked herself back up, and started back towards the heap of clutter on the sidewalk. "Let's... Do that table, next. Should be a lot easier, yeah?"

Onto the next thing. Keep it simple. She could think about this later.

Vissarion Argyris
SCENE:
ABCs of Sportsball
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, Timeskip 1 | June 5th 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Missy(@BriiAngelic), Vissa
ABCs of Sportsball
Vissa was more used to simple or more traditional drinks. He didn't consume mixed drinks often, so he didn't realize what concoctions people were drinking nowadays. "Hmm... that sounds rather interesting, though I'm not sure such a whirlwind of ingredients will make for a tasty beverage." He wasn't convinced about the drink. He was satisfied with his beer, but he did have a free hand. Two drinks at the same time couldn't hurt. After taking another sip of his cold beer, he redirected his attention to the vendor. Being a bartender wasn't easy, especially in a busy environment. He had respect for those who could maintain their composure under such conditions.

He gently stroked his chin, stopping once he made a decision. "I suppose another drink couldn't hurt. I may get a little rowdy since you were so insistent on the drink." Vissa said with a smile. He reached into his pocket with his free hand to retrieve his wallet. He didn't carry a lot of cash on him, as he preferred to pay with a card. He slipped out his platinum card with his thumb, holding it out to the vendor. "Two Zombies if you would." After the vendor took the card, he began chugging down his beer. He didn't want to have to carry a second drink, so it was best to finish the first.

After a few moments, he had an empty cup in his hand and just in time for the new drinks. He placed the new cup on top of the old cup so he could throw them both out at the same time. Once Vissa handed the other drink to Missy, he retrieved his card. That was the last thing he'd want to forget. "Let's hope the price is worth it." He said, a small smile growing on his face. He didn't care about the money, he couldn't help but tease her. He took a sip of his new drink, his eyes lighting up. "That is addicting." Maybe it was the first beer talking, but the flavor profile was to his liking. Now they could properly watch the game.

Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Art of the Deal
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Ryutaro
Art of the Deal

Something in him changed. He shifted his posture. He was thinking something—planning something—of which Hiachi was not privy to. It wasn’t surprising, because she knew the rules of the game they played. She could ask no questions; she could only respond.

Didn’t mean she had to like it, though. It was better than feeling mocked, but the mystery wasn’t welcome.

He spoke like he respected her initiative. Whether or not he was being genuine was up to chance,

And so, there was her next test. Only, she hardly recognized it as such. Without looking, the man stated the happenings behind his back. He asked her to read the phone of the man two tables behind him. The request didn’t phase her, as a task she had been completing without effort for years.

Hiachi couldn’t be certain that the man two tables back was really a senator from Boustan, but if he was, Amestrian politics were as much of a joke as her mother considered them to be. When someone passed by him, his phone was on a news article about recent happenings. But when he was certain no one could reasonably see his phone, he quickly tabbed into his messaging app.

Recipient
them
You can’t do this to me
me
I’m sorry, Miss Lunette. I can’t see you anymore.
me
Can you talk like you actually care about me? Would it be so much to say you wish it wasn’t this way or that you still love me? I don’t get you. Do you even actually care about me? You only call me when you’re in New Oasis.

“He’s cutting someone off. A lady he was dating in the city.” Hiachi paused, the cogs in her head turning. “Is he married?”

Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Return To Sender
DATE:
Post Arc 2 | Night
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi Ito, Passeri Park
Return To Sender

Hiachi pressed the ketchup packet in her hand methodically before ripping it open. She squeezed the paste onto a corner of the thin paper, and swirled her chicken fry in the sauce. Her eyes were downcast, focused on the meal rather than Passeri.

She didn’t mean to look disinterested. She just didn’t feel like carrying another one of Passeri’s miniscule secrets, and her face didn’t do much to hide that.

So imagine her surprise when instead, she was met with one of her own—one of her better guarded secrets, she’d like to think.

There was no need for fantasy. Hiachi’s eyes were locked wide as she stared at Passeri, brought to such shock that the chicken fry she held fell from her fingertips.

The swirling pools of onyx that normally made up her irises sharpened around her pupils. They had to: she had to dig into the eyes of the woman she thought she had figured out.

She… she had lied.

The missions hadn’t been about her skill or reputation. As bizarre as those concepts had sounded, she had no other explanation. Until now. This was about Kenki.

…Hiachi could feel a scream burrowing in her chest. It very much wasn’t like her, so it was hard to suppress. But she managed to keep her mouth shut, though the corners of her lips twitched.

Nothing was more excruciating to Hiachi than being tricked. She had gone through all that while under a false pretense. But as mad as she was, most of the anger was directed at herself. She had pulled the wool over her own eyes. If anything, she respected Passeri a bit more. The thought of her being this crafty hadn’t even crossed her mind.

It wasn’t like there was much utility in her anger, either. Passeri was apologetic about being deceptive, and was equally willing to give her information. That, and there were things she needed to know. It was time for her to come clean, too.

“I won’t tell him. Well, I—I can’t tell him. I haven’t talked to Kenki in years…” Hiachi fiddled with her hands, focusing harder on her sharp breathing than her words. “He’s a producer now? Like, he composes your songs?”

She didn’t look very intrigued, but there was a glint in her eyes. The idea that her older brother had realized his dreams was oddly comforting.

But the second money was mentioned, that glint swirled into a shine.

Hiachi could complain about Passeri having so much money that fifty grand was like pocket change, or that she had tricked her into doing a job in order to buy her silence—but after living desolate for a while, she had learned what it meant to be desperate. To hell with her preconceptions about Passeri Park! At that moment, Passeri was more benevolent than any goddess.

“...You’re being serious?”

RYUTARO HASHIMOTO
CS Link
SCENE:
The Art of the Deal
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Ryutaro
The Art of the Deal
"Married would be an understatement." Ryu explained with a dry scoff, "He has promoted conservative, traditional, family values. Railing against the modern and the new in every conceivable aspect. Trying to force the past on the present. And yet, he is an adulterer. Ironic." His disdain for such hypocrisy was self-evident in his tone, rolling his eyes towards the notion of traditionalism promoted by those he viewed as entrenched in dying customs. "His entire re-election campaign for his seat hinges on the support of buffoons that share similar ideals within his constituency. What would happen to him if word got out of his unfaithfulness?"

Ryu then side-eyed Hiachi with a sly smirk, indicating where he was going with this. "Power comes in many forms. But real power... isn't this." the Queen then stated, pushing his open palm towards Hiachi for dramatic effect. "It's the ability to bend the world to your will. Taking advantage of what is available to level the playing field, and even the odds."

The Queen then brought his hand back and leaned into his chair: "I once had nothing. And I clawed my way back from the abyss of irrelevancy to where I am today. Decades of working in the shadows to bring my will to fruition. And I see much of the same in you."

He then gently took another piece of his cake and snacked on it, visibly enjoying the flavours before shaking his head. "You really should have the tea before it gets cold. It's quite something, believe me." the Queen said before returning to the topic at hand. "So I'm here to give you a chance. I know you can't possibly pay off a million in debt. Almost nobody can unless they slave away at a job that pays just barely enough to get by and pay back with interest for the rest of their lives. So, rather than put your talent to such waste, I'll cut you a deal."

Ryu crossed one leg over the other and placed his hand together, fingers interlocking, as he stared straight into Hiachi with his gaze. "Work for me for what I want, when I want it. And when, ultimately, I have what I want, you won't have to pay a single cent of that debt back."

miki miki

Last edited:
Hiachi Ito
SCENE:
Art of the Deal
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Ryutaro
Art of the Deal

Well, Hiachi couldn’t argue with that one. An adulterer that thrived on the promise of upholding traditional, pure values? What a cheat.

When the man pushed his hand towards Hiachi, she instinctively leaned backwards until her back was on the seat. The gesture was clearly only to drive his point home; she knew this logically. But the notion that she had been entirely correct in backing away wouldn’t fade.

Despite her own musings, his anecdote intrigued Hiachi. It didn’t make him any less frightening; he was already powerful within his own right, and a less-than-stellar backstory wouldn’t change that. Rather, the notion was oddly comforting. If someone like him saw any glint of similarity between them, then maybe she stood a chance. A sliver of a statistic that would finally let her rise above every pain and misfortune that had preceded.

But before that craving could be satiated, she had to tend to her physical hunger. She hadn’t even noticed it before he mentioned it, but their food had arrived. And when she looked at the dish and her drink, she was reminded of how hungry she had been. In a way, she was glad she hadn't eaten since yesterday—if she had been any less ravenous, then she would have been too focused on his watchful eyes to eat. But she could eat the pierogies and drink her tea in a manufactured peace.

The pierogies were definitely good. The dough was chewy in a way dumplings were not, but she recognized the taste. But the tea was like a smack to the face. It was good, but it certainly wasn’t the kind of tea she was used to drinking. She had been raised on bitter and lukewarm tea, so she hadn’t been expecting the flavor blast. The caffeine, the hints of vanilla and citrus, and the boiling temperature had all caught her off guard.

Her eyes shifted, but nothing about her expression really changed. She took another few sips in succession before setting the cup down: to hear his deal.

Work for him… what he wants, when he wants it… When he has what he wants, my debt is wiped.

It didn’t make sense. What ability of hers could possibly warrant backing out of his investment? She had known this man for an hour at most, and she could already tell he wasn’t one for net losses. Nor kindness for kindness’ sake. Surely, her eyes weren’t worth two million amestriyen—unless they were being harvested, maybe.

She couldn’t decipher it without matching his hard gaze. Her pupils, her eyelids, it all remained still as she took a moment to really study those irises.

When she analyzed the inner workings of his eyes, she couldn’t really see into his soul. She was really just seeing herself, like in a reflection. But she liked to believe that she could see him, and all his intentions. The notion that this proposal had to do with far more than just her. That if she agreed, she would willingly sign the contract to make her his pawn. Useable for any circumstance. If she completed the task, dead or alive, the debt would be wiped. It sounded harsh, but in line with a miracle.

But she was skeptical. Far too skeptical to bury her questions, despite knowing that doing so hadn’t ended up in anything substantial before. She wasn’t stupid enough to ask what she would have to do, but she did have this:

“What do you want?”

A cryptic and unclear question, fully expecting a cryptic and unclear answer.

RYUTARO HASHIMOTO
CS Link
SCENE:
The Art of the Deal
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi, Ryutaro
The Art of the Deal
What do you want?

A question with much weight behind it, especially for one of the Queen's stature. Ryu trailed his gaze off for a moment, lost in thought, as he instead looked over towards where the other diners were enjoying their meals and discussing whatever it is the nouveau riche discuss. It was then that he was transported to years past, towards a singular moment that set him off towards his quest. What had incited his holy moral mission, that fateful night as the rain poured across the concrete and asphalt of the city. As he stumbled into the broken home and discovered what true despair was; when all that was good in the world had been snatched from him so unjustly and so cruelly. Where he was, for the last time, powerless.

"What I want... is a better world." Ryu stated plainly. "Where those with power, can never feel powerless again. Where those with strength can command their own destinies, and shape the world."

He then turned to Hiachi: "Where we, gifted with such ability, are not shackled by institutions or customs. To be captains of our own ship. To be free."

miki miki

Passeri Park
SCENE:
Return To Sender
TIME:
Post-Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Hiachi Ito, Passeri Park
Return To Sender
"...I mean, yeah?" Passeri fiddled with her straw. A glint piercing through the deluge of gloom that has possessed Hiachi's eyes, but not the kind she'd been expecting. In her experience, this was where people were supposed to start haggling.

"Some of those tabloids might say otherwise, but I'm not so much of a diva that I expect something for nothing, you know? It never feels great to say it, but money really does make the world go around." As fond as she was of trading in ideals and promises, at the end of the day, neither would put a hot meal on your table, or keep a roof over your head. "Unless you prefer to trade in favours? I can do those, too. Or, it wouldn't be that hard to put together some part-time job that pays way more than it's worth, if you want to go for both."

She shrugged, and took another nibble out of her meal.

"Food for thought. Point is, years of silence or not, I'm willing to pay a pretty penny to keep this between us." Who knew when they'd reconnect, after all. While Passeri might have totally burned the bridge with her family, there was no reason for her to assume that Hiachi had done the same.

"And, I mean, he does talk about you sometimes, you know." She didn't need to share this. The thought occurred to her as the words left her lips. In fact, it would've been better for her to keep the fact a secret. The more Hiachi thought that her family had left her in the dirt, the easier things would be for her.

But she could she say? Even if her name was now up in lights, Passeri knew what it was like to be alone. Without family, without friends, and without anybody to trust. There was a twinge in her chest that just wouldn't leave her be.

"Not often, but still often enough. That was actually the reason why I was able to put two and two together, if you'd believe it. He's quite creative with his explanations, isn't he?" That was why he'd done so well as a producer. Vision was worth millions in their industry. "And sorry for leading you around like this. It's really quite troublesome knowing who and who isn't going to blackmail you when you keep company like ours, you know?"

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
A Helping Hand
TIME:
Sunrise, Post-Arc 2, January 3rd 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Kazue
A Helping Hand
Charlie stared dumbfounded as Kazue's generosity extended further beyond her treatment. He held the snacks in his hands for a moment, before finding a safe place for them inside of his pants' pockets. "W-Wait! You do-" His hands signaled at Kazue to stop taking off her own apparel, but his surprise turned into confusion as another identical hoodie was revealed to under the first one, it was like staring at a lizard shed its own skin, unveiling a fresh new coat beneath.

He stared doubtfully at the item of clothing draping over his arms for a while, before opting for taking off his own damaged and bloodied jacket, unfortunately in a state beyond repairing now, and dropping it inside of the same trash container he was hiding behind to just a few minutes earlier. He then proceeded to put on the hoodie, his movements hastened by cold winter's chill. It was certainly a budget piece, but nethevertheless it provided him greatly appreciated warmth and comfort, and more importantly, a look that made him less recognizeable, should the dragons go looking for him based on his previous looks. Lastly, he placed the black cap atop his head. Headgear overall was something Charlie usually avoided, as it would make his naturally voluminous hair take on a more compacted and flat look, but beggars can't be choosers.

"It's okay" He nodded gently "Getting out shouldn't be a big deal, now that I'm not bleeding moving around should be piece of cake"

Unable to resist his overwhelming feeling of gratitude towards Kazue's unconditional kindness, he pulled her in for a friendly hug. He was so used to embracing the hulking phoenixes that the girl's small frame was a pleasantly different experience. "Thank you for everything, Kazue, this means a lot" He broke the hug, his hands now resting on her shoulders. "You had all the reasons in the world to not help me, yet you still did...I won't forget that...Also..." A light blush flashed on his cheeks as his eyes shifted to the side"Even...back then, I was in a bit of a dark place back then, you brought me some confidence back in me" He made some distance and crossed his arms, now feeling a bit too embarassed to bring back that topic further. "B-But yeah! I promise I'll pay you back someday, I swear on my honor"

azenva azenva

Last edited:
Passeri Park
SCENE:
Overcast, In Saline
TIME:
Post-Arc 3, July 7th
Clemency Private Hospital, Central District
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Eric, Dagger, Kiwi, Dante, Pei
Overcast, In Saline
It honestly would've surprised her if there was anything that hospitals could've done to make themselves any more dreary. The slow drip of the IV, as well as the heart monitor's unrelenting beeping drilled into her mind, keeping her from ever totally forgetting just where she was.

Passeri's eyes, still depleted and red, were glued to the window. A tiny, porthole view into the world.

The streets outside were quiet, as far as she could tell. She'd had the fortune to have her hospital kept out of the news, so her rest had been peaceful. As much as she would've appreciated the support, the constant, intrusive tingle of her Potential was the last thing she wanted to deal with at the moment. It was only a matter of time before people started to get nosy, so she'd decided to enjoy the peace and quiet while she could. It wasn't often that she got an excuse to just rest, like this.

"Haaa..." She sighed. Who was she kidding? She was enjoying nothing of the sort. This unyielding, grey waiting, her limbs bound in casts and restrained to an uncomfortable, sterile hospital room. She hated it. It was the most helpless she'd ever been. She couldn't even sleep, at least not without being woken by her own screams.

"I wonder what's on..." Passeri mumbled to herself, and the one limb that'd been spared Karne's abuse plucked the TV remote from her bedside table. In the corner of the room, a screen flicked on, and then slowly began a tour through each channel that the hospital's budget could afford, which was unfortunately not many.

The news. Some cartoons. A soap opera about a struggling convenience store. Numberless infomercials scattered in between. The screen went off as abruptly as it had turned on. There was a reason why she hadn't been watching anything in the first place.

TV had never really been her thing. Back when she actually had free time, she'd always been more partial to movies.

She set the remote aside, and her hand went to her brow. She was lucky, she knew that much. Not because of the reasons the doctors had given her; That she'd been lucky to just survive, but because she'd only have to endure days of this, and not months. She had an ace, or rather a Knight up her sleeve, she only had to bide her time before she played it. With how public this incident had become, she couldn't risk looking too prepared. What kind of a pop star just happened to have a miracle cure just sitting in her back pocket, after all?

So here she was. Stuck. Waiting. Something murky stirred within her gut, and her hand went to the remote again. On. Twenty seconds passed. Off. She looked back out the window. Grey skies blanketed the horizon. The world had started to turn wet.

She hated the rain.

Last edited:
PEYTON XIONG
SCENE:
The Dead and The Deathless
TIME:
Post-Arc 3 || Circa June 2022
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Deirest

THE DEAD AND THE DEATHLESS
With a satisfying crunch, the bayonet pierced through the woman's shoulder. However, as Peyton should've realized by then, it wasn't going to be enough to stop her. Her lunge pushed her down to the end of the bayonet, and her tenacity allowed her to even push herself onto the barrel of the rifle, leaving behind a wet red layer of blood. And this meant that Peyton was in range of her attacks.

Bloodied hands closed around Peyton's throat and squeezed. Nary a whimper could escape from the harsh grip. One hand steadied the gun that was piercing the woman whilst Peyton's other hand went up to the arm that choked him, desperately trying to pull it off, but to no avail. As moments passed, Peyton's vision began to swim and darken from the lack of oxygen. His grip on the woman's arm and his gun weakened as his limbs began to feel like jelly. His mind screamed at him to breathe, but no matter how much he pulled at the woman, he was out of luck.

Then suddenly, the grip on his throat slackened. His saliva was doing its work, paralyzing his assailant. And that allowed him fall to his knees to escape the grip. Peyton gasped and heaved air back into his lungs. The color in the world bounced back with sharpness and vengeance, almost too much to bear. His heart pumped in overtime.

How was it that some people enjoyed that sensation? The screaming of the nerves to escape, the weakness of the limbs, and the pain. Sure, it made him feel delightfully vulnerable, but it was still incredibly unpleasant.

"You're really silly, you know that?" Peyton said when he managed to get his bearings. He stood up and walked over to the woman, "I already said I don't hate people! In fact, it's usually other people who hate me! And it's so fun when they do. Hey, do you hate me?"

That question was accompanied by a leer down at the maniacal woman. Peyton picked up his rifle from the ground, using his clothes to wipe away the blood that had coated the barrel. He was going to have to do some maintenance later tonight or tomorrow, or the dried blood might become an issue when firing the weapon. With a shrug at the prospect of extra work, Peyton slung the rifle back over his shoulder.

"Alright, come on now, we should go before other Serpents come here asking for a fight!" Peyton said. Rather recklessly, he took hold of one of the woman's arms and began dragging her off in the direction of the bar, not considering whether his paralyzing saliva would make her stumble or not. "Now that we can't fight, do you wanna tell me why wanna hurt me so badly?"

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back