• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
MARKUS WEISS
SCENE:
The concrete that breaks our fall
TIME:
January 16, 2010 | Pre-Arc 1
PARTICIPANTS:
Isobel, Markus, Roland
The concrete that breaks our fall
Markus' eyes widened. Ice chilled the blood in his veins as the arena grew colder. Roland was fast. Roland could be whatever he wanted to be, the prick.

"Tch!" Markus snatched a javelin of ice from out of the frozen lake that was burgeoning beneath his feet and sent it whizzing at his rival's head, only for Roland to dodge it effortlessly.

One after another, Markus' attacks were deftly avoided as Roland quickly closed the gap between them. Frustrated that already he felt as if he was on the back foot, Markus ground his heels into the frost beneath them. He wouldn't be made a fool out of, not in front of the entire gang. Not in front of him.

aqjk9aL.png

"Look close, little darlin'... Don't look away, now. S'important 'fer ya' ta' see this."

Inhale.

Markus felt the ice, the cold. It was his. He would summon up every scrap of power within him, and then some, to finally wipe that 'smug', 'bored' look off of that bastard's face.

"Dodge this," Markus snarled as he conjured a radial wave of ice that expanded like a cone out in all directions in front of him.

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Ballin'
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3: March 29th, 2022 -- Evening
South District... Old basketball court in the middle of nowhere...
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Milo, Roza, Rin, Yong-Yut, Hector, Ashley, Libla
BALLIN'
“There are no rules,” said Boltius, dribbling the ball. "Just get the ball through the hoop while making sure no one else does."

“This is an HP-regulation basketball, so it can withstand a little bit of damage.” He spun the ball on his finger then took a shot. It bounced off the rim but he followed up with an alley-oop before quickly recovering the ball and dribbling again.

“If you bust it, no problem… Just don’t try to bust it.”

As he said this, Boltius passed the ball to Milo—hard from the chest.

“Now, before we get started… Probably don't need to, but...” He pointed a thumb at himself and decided to give an introduction. “I’m Boltius. You can call me Bolt, though. My alias is Blitz- don’t make fun of it ‘cause I picked it, myself… Unless you wanna start a fight. In that case, ha, let’s fuckin’ go.”

The court was half the size of a real one and surrounded by an overgrown field of weeds, save for a narrow gravel road that slithered through said field and ended just fifteen feet from the court itself. At one point, a chain-link fence surrounded its perimeter, but by the many occasions on which Boltius and Vulken used the court for training, the fence had long-since melted away. The immediate skirt of land surrounding the court had also noticeably suffered from their practices—eaten away until there was nothing left but charred earth—a solid black ring that crunched underfoot.

But it didn't end there. To sweep one's eyes over the entirety of the landscape, they would find additional burnt patches and streaks just the same as the one around the concrete court.

With no benches to sit on, Boltius had reversed his Denali as close to the playing bounds as he felt comfortable, and he’d popped the back hatch to allow any who wanted to sit in the trunk looking out.

Glancing from one person to the other, covering the whole group, he then asked, “So, who’s next?”

gxxberkit gxxberkit (Yong-Yut) Peckinou Peckinou (Libla) Lucem Lucem (Ashley) WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Hector) Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Milo) RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Roza) EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Rin)
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing: (Click: X) White long-sleeve shirt + Red hoodie overtop; Black basketball shorts +Black leggings underneath that are tucked into his socks; White shoes + Headband [His chains and jewelry are in the back seat of his Denali, along with his three duffel bags)

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't always accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —POST RECAP: Boltius explains the rules and initiates introductions.

Last edited:
Peyton Xiong
CS Link
SCENE:
Just Another Training Day
TIME:
January 8th, 2022 - 7:00AM || Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Meirin, Laura, Peyton, Jesper, others
7AM was way to freaking early.

Peyton had hoped to get a taste of what those in Lin Shifu's martial arts school did on a daily basis. But Peyton hadn't expected to need to drag himself up when the sun hadn't even risen, nor did he expect the 20 laps around the district as a warm up. It was also unfortunate that the lesson seemed to revolve around defense, something that was almost a foreign word in Peyton's fighting vocabulary.

But he couldn't complain too much. He had after all wanted to be here. Needed to be here. A few weeks after the incident at the Platinum Rabbit, a veteran Serpent who just happened to also be his childhood friend knocked on his apartment door to deliver some bad news that made him want to train.

Peyton had opened the door and raised his eyebrows, "Nai, what are you doing here? Wanna come in? I can make you a spicy milkshake."

Nai's soft pink hair and his masked face, which radiated what others called 'resting bitch face' was the last person he expected in Dragon territory. After all, the guy was a Serpent. This must've been something important. It also wasn't a good time to visit, cause Peyton's apartment had been a mess.

"Let's not with the pleasantries," Nai had said aloofly, "That guy with the terrible personality that you hung out with in the Serpents, well, he's been kidnapped."

Guy with a terrible personality? Did Nai understand just how little that narrowed things down? Peyton hung out with too many people with terrible personalities. Did he mean Paris? He could mean himself for all Peyton knew. Then, all of a sudden, it had made sense. Peyton had grabbed his gun and began moving out the door, "Oh no..."

"Where do you think you're going?" Nai had asked. He had raised his leg and slammed his foot into the doorframe, blocking Peyton's path, "He's been kidnapped. How are you going to find him? You're going to have to wait until we get more information. If I find anything out, you'll be the first person I go to. But until then, you're staying put."

Peyton had relented, but wasn't going to sit on his bum and wait. He had to prepare. So what if that meant he would join a Dragon training session in order to save a Serpent?

But twenty laps... Jeez Louise. Unlike Laura, who had the right idea of taking things slow and steady, Peyton began at a solid run. This meant that it took only a few minutes for him to be left gasping for air. He had to slow down until he was walking, the air burning in his lungs. During high school PE class, Peyton had always been the type more suited for short distance sprints. Long-distance running just didn't work for him. Goodness... martial artists were built differently.

Oh hey! Grandfather clocks! Peyton suddenly stopped to gawk at the wares in one of the shops they passed by. Antique clocks lined the walls, their ticking noise adding up to be deafening. Ma and Pops had needed a new clock ever since the one in the shop ran its last legs weary. This seemed like a great opportunity.

Peyton looked behind him before opening the front door of the shop. Nobody would notice if he vanished for one lap, would they?

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun

MARKUS WEISS
SCENE:
Penguin Socks
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1— Early Spring 2002, ~4:00am
PARTICIPANTS:
Yong-Yut, Markus
Penguin Socks
Markus dropped his head once the waiters were finished with them and began to absently stare into his hands in his lap. Then Yong-Yut's mother spoke to him, and his hands became fists.

"..."

His own mother had taught him to respect his elders. Her lesson was the only thing that kept his thoughts from becoming words, and deeds. They were a leash, but one day it would be too much.

Markus leered at the older woman as she turned her attentions elsewhere, as though her words meant nothing. Markus felt a hand tugging on his shirt. She had stretched out most of his shirts by now, doing that. Not that he minded. Most of his shirts were ill-fitting, anyway.

He turned his attention to what she was doing. Drawing. He watched her. Coloring, more specifically. He watched her quietly for a while before he got her attention non-verbally. Pointing to the blue crayon, then pointing to the tuft of hair that fell into his face, Markus said without saying, draw me.

He hadn't noticed it, but their food was arriving.

Last edited:
MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Park-Time Recreation
Pre-Arc 1—2015, June 20th (Saturday)—1:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Milo, Matsuda, Nanami (NPC)
PARK-TIME RECREATION
Milo listened to Bolt talk his way from one side of his brain to the other. He smiled knowingly when Bolt mentioned his latest fling, and listened thoughtfully to his friend describe the friction between his mother and his sister. Boltius had been mid-thought when he spotted something, or someone, coming up from behind him. Milo turned to follow Boltius’ gaze and walked straight into Nanami’s arms.

Milo accepted the bear-hug happily, but protested when Nanami decided to ruffle his hair. Not that he’d had much time to style it anyway, but still! Re-slinging the duffle bag that had slid down to the crook of his elbow back over his shoulder, Milo was second of two to disentangle himself from Nanami’s brotherly embrace. He couldn’t stop smiling.

"I’ll take one..!"

He piped up as Matsuda offered something sugary and doughy… It was no surprise that Boltius had said no, but hey! More for the rest of them. He fished in the bag that Matsuda had brought along and pulled out a treat to nosh on as Boltius unveiled his pilfered liquor bottle.

"You have a promising future as a kleptomaniac," Milo said jokingly, a smirk playing over his lips. This meeting was long-overdue. Then, as the thought occurred, Milo piped up, asking, "… Did you bring any cups?"

Seated in the grass, Milo took a sip of his bitter-tasting drink and sighed, leaning back, his elbows digging into the soft ground.

"What a nice day, huh?"

MILO'S NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + His satchel

— —Milo has been working on an art piece for an upcoming competition. He's been focusing a lot on his art over the summer.

— —Milo rides his bike around the city a lot of the time. He hitched it to a bike rack at the entrance to the park.

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: It's a warm Summer day and the boys, Matsuda, Milo, Boltius, and Nanami have decided to meet up at Central Park in the Central District. A very casual, slice-of-life event

Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
Peyton stared back at Yuto as he put the gum into his mouth. The zombie boy followed suit, the sweet and almost pear-like flavor sinking into his tongue. It was a bit hard to hold eye contact though, as Yuto's third eye meant that it was impossible for Peyton to stare him down. He tried to blink as little as possible, but alas, this was also something Peyton was lacking in comparison to Yuto.

Aside from playfully competing with Yuto, his solid stare was also so that he could soak in the expressions that flashed across Yuto's face. Annoyance, confusion, and acceptance. How cute. Yuto was actually okay with Peyton giving him a nickname. And the dangerous glint in his eyes was quite piercing.

"I thought you didn't need help getting out of those cuffs," Peyton teased Yuto. But regardless, he slipped the shears into Yuto's cuffs. After a cursory look to check if he would hurt Yuto, Peyton clamped the shears down. There was a loud metallic snap as the cuff fell off. Peyton looked around to make sure no hospital orderly was coming to investigate the sudden noise before giving Yuto's other cuff the same treatment. "If that hurt, you can take a lil blood from me to help with the wound."

With the job done, Peyton hopped off of Yuto's bed, but didn't release the shears. They weren't that good of a weapon, but his gun had been confiscated from him when he woke up. What did they think he was going to do, shoot one of the nurses?! Either way, since the hospital staff refused to return his gun until he checked out, the shears would have to do, in case they wanted to kill someone.

"If you're not going to eat me now, let's go catch a nurse or something for you to eat!" Peyton said, his back still turned to Yuto as if goading him into attacking him. It was a dangerous move, especially considering how bad Peyton's defenses were, but when did Peyton ever let logic stop him from doing what he wanted?

The thought did occur to him that if they did get caught in the act, they would probably have to break out of the hospital. Peyton absentmindedly touched his lower lip and the puncture wounds in them. The venom that had been passed on to him during that kiss seemed to have gone out of Peyton's system, and he bet that his saliva probably wore off by now with Yuto as well. They could break out if they wanted. Suddenly remembering something, Peyton blurted out with a devious smirk,

"Oh, Yutes, you're a really bad kisser. You should get some lessons if you're planning to inject venom into people by the lips. But I guess I'm not much better either."

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Unlikely Encounter
TIME:
Post Arc 1/Pre Arc 2 — Sometime After September 17th, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, August
UNLIKELY ENCOUNTER
“Was hopin’ you’d buy me dinnah.”

Raph rolled his eyes. He didn't know what he'd expected. It was another fucking joke. He was about to proffer a mean-spirited retort when August continued, and Raph quieted down to listen. There was something mesmerizing about this situation that Raphael couldn't quite describe. It was almost surreal. It had a sort-of... Dreamy quality. He supposed that may as well be chalked up to lack of sleep and the copious amount of alcohol still coursing through his system.

August glanced over at him and their eyes met. Raphael was transfixed, a charmed serpent. His eyes felt heavy but he forced them open. His expression was not exactly happy. But neither was it un-happy. Exactly.

He was considering. Mulling things over. Weighing his options.

“You know," he began, his mind made up. He'd put all his cards on the table. What did he have to lose?

“We could always..." Raph adjusted in his seat, the insinuation behind his next words giving the faintest hint of color to his cheeks, “get to know each other better..."

He would not avert his gaze, now. Raph waited for a sign, some glimmer of understanding in the other's eyes.

“Get a little closer. ~"

When he felt like his message still wasn't being received, Raph groaned.

“Oh, for fuck's—... Sex, darling."

There was no turning back, now.

RAPH NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + his jacket has come off & his t-shirt sleeves are rolled up past his shoulders

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: After an unlikely encounter at a bar called Geronimo's which consisted of August and Raphael clashing with some Albino Tigers, a very drunk Raph finds himself in the front seat of August's car.

And he's just made a rather interesting proposition.

Rin Chiyase
SCENE:
Ballin'
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Ballin'
It was quite the contrast.

Here she was, standing with other newbies and presumably some vets in what she understood was some sort of an ice breaker. Meanwhile, not even a month had passed from her initiation, which Rin would prefer not to dwell on. It wasn't long before that that she even came to this city, and now she was in a gang. Ultimately, Rin was thankful for the opportunity, given she knew undoubtedly that not everyone was so welcome of newcomers, even with an initiation.

"No rules, eh?" Rin mused aloud before raising a hand in greeting. "Yo, name's Rin! Or oni, ogre, and so forth. I've heard it all pretty much so you can pick what you like."

Even here, she stuck out like a sore thumb. Horns, ears, a toothy grin, and though she was relatively covered, her physique and stature conveyed itself regardless. Her other hand was concealed in the pocket of her unzipped hoodie, which overlay a white tank top and, to a lesser extent, her black shorts that reached just short of her knees.

"I kinda just got here--to the city I mean, so I don't really know shit. I don't bite though, and I like to help out, so don't be afraid to ask!" Rin said with a bit of a laugh as her right arm lowered to her side. She was fairly used to her appearance being a bit off-putting and having to overwrite that impression. "I do like to brawl though, so I might poke fun at your name later if that's the case."

gxxberkit gxxberkit (Yong-Yut) Peckinou Peckinou (Libla) Lucem Lucem (Ashley) WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Hector) Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Milo) RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Roza) Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean (Bolt)

PEYTON XIONG
SCENE:
I Won't Become a Monster!!
Ice Cream Shop (a Few Blocks from Tri's Lab), North District
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || February 19th, 2015
PARTICIPANTS:
Damian, Peyton
I WON'T BECOME A MONSTER!!
Vanilla and chocolate, good choice,[/COLOR]" Peyton nodded in approval when Damian came back and announced that he was ready to go. A rush of adrenaline ran through Peyton's blood. This was it. This was the start of his first job. Peyton quickly shoved the book he held into his backpack and tossed his waffle cup into the trash-- completely not comprehending that it was edible. He was ready.

But when he stepped out and bundled up his puffy jacket around himself, he looked around in confusion at the lack of a car. What kind of car would Damian even drive? If he was that tall, Peyton would probably always bump his head on the car roof unless it was a pickup. But Peyton couldn't imagine Damian as a pickup driver. Then suddenly, the tentacles wrapped around him.

"Wh-wha?!" Peyton exclaimed as he was lifted in the air. He struggled for a brief second before registering Damian wasn't going to hurt him. Owing to how they rarely talked in the past, Peyton hadn't been super familiar with Damian's Potential. He hadn't expected the tentacles that protruded out of his back to be so big or so strong. And as he squished them gently, he realized that they were not as slimy or soft as they looked. And they were surprisingly warm, warm as human beings. Peyton was preoccupied with squishing the tentacles that wrapped him when Damian began launching himself.

"AHHHHHHHHHHH!!" a scream was ripped out of Peyton's throat as snow and the cold air blitzed past them, "What the heck are yoUU AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

It seemed that Damian was going to leap from building to building, rebuilding momentum every time he latched himself to a building. With every throw, Peyton's heart leaped with terror, and he struggled in vain against the tentacles, even though if he were to escape, it would mean his death. But after acclimating to it with a couple of launches, Peyton realized that he was enjoying this. The pumping of his heart, the rush of adrenaline every time they launched off of a building, the winter air billowing past them... it was like a rollercoaster. At one point, Peyton found himself lifting his arms in the air, his screams now filled with joy.

But alas, the ride had to end at some point. When they arrived at the residential district and the tentacles safely released Peyton, Peyton fell to the ground, "Sorry... Give me a second, my legs aren't working."

They felt like jelly. It took him a minute to regain the strength in his legs and stand back on his two feet. It might've not taken so long were it not for the six-inch heels he had to balance in. Peyton took the moment to survey the area they were at. It was a shitty rundown neighborhood, with decrepit looking houses-- a good percentage of them were so worn out that snow had visibly seeped into them. The rest of the area wasn't much better. It was visibly cheap real estate, with cracked sidewalks, and roads that almost were stripped bare by cars. Even the pristine snow couldn't hide that. For some reason, there was also the smell of cigarette smoke in the air. The sound of the winter air was somehow loud enough to cover up any sounds in the neighborhood-- as in, it was far too quiet.

"Whoo, that felt good," Peyton said, shaking off any remaining jitteriness. "You were asking about the lab? Mm, it's nothing too interesting. I just allow some people to inject me with stuff and cut me up as they see fit, and I get money to pay off my Tiger debts. It's usually drugs and diseases, stuff I really don't understand. I relied on the luck from my Potential to get by, and it dried up, so now I'm stuck here. Sure, the pay is not good, and yeah, it hurts, but it's better than any treatment I could get in the West. Besides, I don't think I'd mind if I lost an arm or a leg during these experiments. I could still get by."

Peyton took a breath of the freshish, cigarette polluted air. Yes, this was certainly a better arrangement than working for the Tigers. Peyton had heard of what they did to debters who had Potentials-- they jacked up the amount they owed until it was quite impossible to claw their way out of the hole. And who knew what would happen if Peyton died? His ma and pops weren't Potential users, if they took on his massively inflated debt, they would be quite screwed. No, their dim sum restaurant wouldn't stand up against the debt in the slightest. Peyton had to often keep them afloat with his underaged gambling.

"But the past few days I've been feeling... strange?" Peyton said. He didn't know how to describe it. Like he wanted to hurt someone. He turned to the octopus man, looking up at the deep dark abyssal pits of his eyes-- the first time he made direct eye contact, "Like I wanted to see things crumble and fall. You were a lab rat too, right? Had you ever felt like that? I could use some good advice if you have."

Last edited:
Isobel Pham
SCENE:
Making Amends
Post Arc 2: Ezra's Apartment, West District
PARTICIPANTS:
Ezra, Isobel
Making Amends
“ID please.”

Isobel rummaged through her backpack slung from one shoulder and pulled out a neon tie-dye lanyard card holder which she slid across the reception desk to the burly security guard dressed in black. The man picked up the lanyard almost hesitantly, as if affronted by the prospect of having to hold something that wasn't monotone, and studied the card slotted inside with a raised brow. At the top in bold white letters it read ‘INTERNATIONAL DISABLED ID CARD’.

“One moment.”

The man turned back to his computer and began typing away, occasionally whispering into his walkie talkie to whoever was on the receiving end, while Isobel shuffled her feet awkwardly against the sleek marble floors of the reception lobby. Knight Ridge Residences was a thousand leagues above the nameless rundown apartment complex she lived in. High ceilings, a sparkling chandelier, plush sofas, and a thick rug decorated the space. In her oversized flannel, well worn mom jeans, and dirty sneakers, Isobel felt sorely out of place. Hugging the cardboard box of items she’d brought with her close to her chest, she continued waiting… and waiting… and waiting…

Five minutes passed.

Then ten.

In hindsight, it might have helped if she’d told Ezra that she was paying a visit beforehand.

Finally, the guard stood up and passed the lanyard back to her. “You’re cleared but I’ll need to check what’s in the box before letting you up.”

Isobel placed the box on the desk but when the man reached out to pull it closer she threw up a hand in an exaggerated manner. “WAIT.” She signed, surprising the man who instinctively tensed and reached for his hip. After, typing a quck message into her phone, she pushed the text-to-voice. “Fragile.” her phone’s virtual assistant read out loudly.

The man visibly relaxed, taking his hand off his hip, and with a slightly annoyed grunt began carefully taking each item out. Old records, books, ceramics, dolls... one by one they emptied the box until more than half of the desk was filled. When he'd confirmed that there were no dangerous weapons concealed within, they began the arduous process of putting it all back in. At one point, Isobel heard the man mutter under his breath something which sounded a lot like “should have just let her go…”

By the time the desk was cleared again, another twenty minutes had passed. The guard plopped back down in his seat, almost relieved, and pointed her in the direction of the elevator. "Top floor." She nodded her thanks before continuing on. They sure do take security very seriously here. She mused as the elevator came to a stop at her requested floor. Walking down the corridor she found it oddly quiet but that could have just been the benefit of thicker walls. It wasn't hard to find which appartment was Ezra's. She could already sense him pacing around from the lobby. Taking a deep breath, she ran through the apology in her head once more. When she was ready, she raised a hand and pushed the doorbell.

Lucem Lucem 🏓

Last edited:
Hou Huang
SCENE:
TIME:
January 8th, 2022 - 7:00AM || Pre-Arc 3
PARTICIPANTS:
Meirin, Laura, Peyton, Jesper, Hou and others

"Wow. That was a little sad to watch." Hou jumped down from the low roof he'd been sitting on, watching the others train. He'd caught Peyton trying to sneak off. The young child they had rescued not days before sat perched on Hou's shoulders. He had a firm grip on both the kid's legs to keep him from slipping off, not that he needed to, the child seemed perfectly capable of both holding on, and eating a bag of potato chips Hou had given him minutes before. He munched happily, getting crumbs in the rookie's wild red hair, but Hou didn't seem to mind.

"We just got here. My name's Hou." Hou grinned and held out his hand to Peyton.
"And this is...uh..." He glanced up at the kid, who was still packing away potato chips without a word.
"Hou Junior." Hou stated with absolute confidence.

Hou seemed somewhat dressed for the occasion of training; his ripped jeans had been replaced by a pair of holey sweatpants and he worse a dark purple t-shirt under one of his favourite jackets. For added effect, he had placed a thick cotton headband amongst the unruly strands of his red hair.

"I take it you're not much for morning laps?" He asked in a friendly tone, taking hold of the door to the clock shop and holding it open for the younger man. "More into...clocks?" There was no judgement in his voice, just simple, innocent curiosity.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Isaiah Spade
SCENE:
Date???
The East District ---> Central, Catmosphere Kitty Cafe
TIME:
Friday, May 27th, 2022 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah, Ruriko
DATE???
Whenever he traveled with Ruriko like this, he was always reminded of his father. While the method of teleportation was different, the feeling remained the same. Having experienced it countless times since he was ten years old, he'd grown accustomed to it, losing the jitters and queasiness he felt as a young boy a long time ago.

Upon arriving at their destination, Isaiah observed the cats resting behind the glass. Like Ruriko said, it was definitely the type of place he'd enjoy visiting, and he often considered stopping by cafes just like this one. Unfortunately, he never had the opportunity. He was always too focused on his job, constantly moving from one mission to the next. The responsibilities that came with being the Ace gave him even less time for leisure, and he'd never put personal pleasures before the gang. Although, it wasn't as if he never took time for himself. The fact that he was here now was proof of that.

Seeing Ruriko act so excited put a smile on his face, and the amused expression remained as she pulled him closer to the entrance. After opening the door for her, he followed after her as she rushed toward the first seat that came into view. It was nice to see her happy. Given everything that happened last year, he'd been worried about her and the other Dragons, but it seemed like she was just as energetic as ever.

As he took a seat next to Ruriko, Isaiah closely examined the area around them. His eyes traced invisible lines, crafting another illusion. He injected artifical sounds, making it so that the people nearby would hear a completely different conversation. This way, they could speak freely without having to worry about discussing private information in public.

When Ruriko mentioned how much Xuefeng enjoyed Kairong's shop, Isaiah nodded, thinking back to the time he spent brewing tea and serving customers when he lived there. "I think I can understand why. There's plenty of good drinks and good company. It's nice to hear he's taken a liking to it." He had many fond memories of his former home, one of them being the first time he and Ruriko officially met.

While his seatmate played with the big white ball of fluff in her lap, Isaiah scratched behind the ear of a black cat that had jumped to the top of the sofa's armrest. Even though he'd just arrived, he was already enjoying himself. He'd always liked animals, and he often took in strays he found around the district. As busy as he was, he always managed to find the time to look after them until he found them a proper home. It was a hard habit to break, probably because he was a stray himself.

"How is he, by the way? Are you two doing okay?"

Beann Beann

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Ballin'
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
BALLIN'

There was so much more he could be doing right now, but he was here, and that's what's important. He stood at the edge of the dilapidated court, arms folded, as he listened to Bolt explain the rules. Already he was growing restless, legs yearning to move on. When he had first heard about Bolt's idea, he wrote it off immediately, but here he was watching intently.

There were a few new faces, the next generation of the Scarlet Phoenixes. One was his own rookie, the others he had yet to get to know, which he didn't like. He had been so busy over the past few months that he hadn't had the chance to meet everyone he wanted to, so much happening that his heart raced just thinking about it. That's why he forced himself to stay, he had to see what these kids were like. If they couldn't even work together on a ball game then that just meant he was failing as a leader. He needed good Phoenixes right now.

"I like the enthusiasm." Hector walked up to the group, offering a smile before returning to a serious expression. "Just don't be afraid to bite if you have to. Hector, by the way, if you didn't already know." He gave a scrutinous look at the group, as though watching for any signs of uncertainty, "Or Pharaoh during business. I'll be watching." With that being said, he turned away from the gang, not before giving Bolt an affirming pat on the shoulder, accompanied by a nod before he headed towards the trunk to sit down.

"You're just watching?"

He sat next to Yong-Yut in the trunk without any warning, stretching his legs out in front of him. He continued without giving a chance for an answer, "I'm just watching, but I don't know how long I'll stay."
gxxberkit gxxberkit , Peckinou Peckinou , Lucem Lucem , Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun , EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen , Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean

Sabrina Felton
SCENE:
Love at Yu Min Cuisine

TIME:
February 14th, 2022 || Pre Arc 3

PARTICIPANTS:
The Quirkforce, Samira, Minato, Alice, Passeri, Camila
Love at Yumin Cuisine

“Damn, look at all those rich folks eat…”

“Stop drooling, Ethan. Mr. Yumin junior said we can have some after the Pre-Opening’s over and done with.”

“I-Is that Passeri Park over there?”

“I see Sharla Dawn and Megumi Star too!”

“That’s not too surprising if you consider which family owns this restaurant. I’m betting the company CFO just drew lots as to which Yumin Entertainment talent gets to be background noise for tonight.”

“Guys! Stop peeking out the curtains and start tuning your instruments! Our five-minute interval is almost up!”

Downing the contents of a water bottle, Sabrina sighed as the cool liquid eased the slight rawness of her throat. It’d been nearly two years since she’d been expected to perform anything extended like a concert so she’d almost forgotten the stamina required to hold one. Almost made her feel guilty about unintentionally interrupting Park’s concert during her fight with the idol’s ‘assistant’ last year, but Park made it a point to prove to her that the charity concert had succeeded regardless, so there wasn’t much to feel bad about.

Except that she made a drunk fool of herself and did something she wouldn’t normally do–desecrate the musical work of another.

Even if Park’s music wasn’t to her taste, doing the same sort of shit others had done to her during her brief industry musical career left a foul taste in her mouth. She’d only gone to the concert, at Elias Yumin’s behest, to prove a point to herself…and, in a way, she’d succeeded; Sabrina Felton was not meant to return to the money-controlled music industry. Even without the alcohol, she had too much of that North District brass in her. Certainly the lights and music of the concert hall evoked memories for her, but not in a good way. She clutched her phone. The message from Valerie, telling her to be careful, reminded her of her gang affiliations as well. Sabrina held no love for the Sable Serpents. Yuudai getting himself arrested? Blood boy going missing? The new king? Sabrina didn’t give a damn about any of that.

Were there any plans of helping them? Sabrina didn’t know. She was happy to ignore what the other Serpents did if they ignored her and left her to write her songs in peace. Most of it was probably deserved anyway–like the Beast King’s prehistoric rampage in Central.

Yet Yumin Entertainment’s young CFO once more appeared before her with an offer she’d be to stupid to refuse. One night. Just assist one of Yumin Entertainment’s newer debuting bands provide the music for the pre-opening of his mother’s restaurant for one night–doing what she loved–and she would make enough to live a year without working. Something about it all still smelled fishy to her. Why her? How had he known where she worked and why had Valerie let him through the door? The more she thought about it, the more she felt she was being set up somehow…that strings were being pulled behind the scenes…but that didn’t matter.

Smirking at the slight hint of displeasure she’d seen on Elias’s face when she ignored his advice regarding the setlist, the rock musician had been tempted to raise her middle finger at him from the stage. Sabrina was no fool. She had no intention of trapping herself like the first time she’d signed a contract with a music producing group. No intention of letting others dictate how she made music. If Yumin wanted to work with her, he’d have to know that his control of her was limited and that, in all cases, Sabrina intended to sing what she wanted. Regardless of how the night ended, she’d get paid regardless. In that sense, the short contract she signed with Yumin helped her more than it did him.

She had no intention of being regulated to just background noise either.

kyohso-1.png

“Ready to rock n’ roll, Sab?”

What Sabrina couldn’t deny though was that in the week that she’d spent practicing with Jason, Mark, Ethan, and Lucas, she’d grown to somewhat like them. They reminded her of the old Northern Stones–before money got into the picture. She put the water bottle and phone back into her bag.

“Let’s blow these rich diners away with our music!”

Returning Ethan’s fist bump, a genuine smile briefly lit her face. “Of course.”

The guys ‘oohed’ and ‘ahhed’ at the rare gesture, causing Sabrina to roll her eyes as Lucifer once more stepped on the stage. Taking the microphone, Sabrina’s gaze swept the audience as the band behind her started to play a slow melody. Few eyes turned her way. Most didn’t, the diners focused on eating, flirting, chatting with their loved ones, etc. However, as soon as her voice traveled throughout the restaurant, Sabrina, decked in a dark gown and hugging the mic stand, would claim many more eyes. She could see Passeri sitting with a wealthy looking woman adorned with golden hoops, of course; See Elias chatting with a doll-like girl that greeted him; See the arrival of another pair of women that drew the attention of the pink haired, sunglasses guy Yumin brought. Yet none of that mattered to Sabrina who simply focused on the music and sang her soul, whether the audience listened or not.

(Mentioned: The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit , Beann Beann AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa )

Hitoshi Yamakawa
CS Link
SCENE:
Ballin'
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Ballin'
The truck rattled loudly in its interior as it drove along towards its destination: a basketball court further away from the more urban regions of the district as well as the city at large. A quiet place, but also relatively private given its placement. Hitoshi sat at the wheel, hurriedly trying to make it there as he was already running a bit late. The truck jolted again as it hit a stone on the dirt road, causing Hitoshi to grumble to himself. "This damn hunk of junk..." he said before turning his head back towards the rear of the truck itself. Basic kitcheneering equipment lines its sides while another occupant grabbed on to a nearby handle on the roof for stability. "Your food better be worth it!" Hitoshi then called back, but was only met with a response in Mesque: "¿¡Puedes conducir con más cuidado!?" the Messinan yelled aloud in annoyance.

Hitoshi turned to face the road again, gripping the wheel and shrugged. "I'll take that as a yes!"

A few moments later he could see their destination in view, and people had already gathered around and started prepping. "Crap crap crap! Late!" Hitoshi yelled, as he put his foot down onto the gas pedal at full force. The truck sped ahead and rocked even harder as it hit more rocks on the road itself. However there was another problem in of itself, he was coming in too fast! "Oh shit!" Hitoshi yelled as he twirled the wheel around for a sharp turn and slammed the brake.

The truck drifted sideways and kicked up dirt from its wheels in large amounts, and Hitoshi let out a yell of both panic as well as exhilaration from such a dangerous move: "HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAA!"

...and everything was fine. The truck came to a halt, tipping over a bit before settling back onto all four wheels. Dust filled the air around the truck as it was now parked near the court. Hitoshi rolled down the window and stuck his head out, swatting at the air to get the dust out of his eyes before grinning. "DID ANYONE ORDER HOT DOGS!?"

gxxberkit gxxberkit (Yong-Yut) Peckinou Peckinou (Libla) Lucem Lucem (Ashley) WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Hector) Elenion Aura Elenion Aura (Milo) RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun (Roza) Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean (Bolt) EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen (Rin)

HECTOR MOSES
SCENE:
Blank Canvas
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3: September 30th, 2021 - Just before 11pm
PARTICIPANTS:
Hector, Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
BLANK CANVAS

It was nearly time.

Despite the chaos a few days prior, it felt like business as usual in the Nightlife District. Hector was in a prime spot to watch all the cars and people go by, parked on the kerb outside Red West in his own car, window rolled down. He leaned back in the driver's seat, taking in a deep breath. Despite the smog of the city, it was refreshing. Far more refreshing than the stuffiness inside Red West, which seemed more full than usual.

He was supposed to wait for Milo inside, but the growing feeling of nausea and agitation forced him to leave. Thankfully, it being a Phoenix hub, most people knew him well enough to leave him be. The invasion, the destruction, his injuries. Reika. He was already unstable at the best of times.

It was against all advice that he was parked here tonight. He had reluctantly accepted medical treatment following his fights, the priority being his eye, cut open by a well-timed knife throw. It was nothing short of a miracle that the blade hadn’t reached his brain, with only a mild concussion for his mind to recover from. There was no hope for his eye, however, which remained covered after emergency treatment.

As soon as he had the chance, he got back to work, which included negotiating with a long-time Phoenix associate for a valuable job. Double the usual pay to account for the short notice and inconvenient timing. He could’ve done it by himself, or at least he’d think he could, but he had to bring Milo along for an important reason. He needed a trial.

Milo Nagisa, an enigma of a man, was too interesting for Hector not to take notice of. His potential and assistance to him made up for the terrible first impression, and it was Hector’s priority to find out everything that made the young artist tick. It was his responsibility to keep an eye on him, to keep him on the right path. And there was only one more step to take to ensure he would be a true Phoenix.

Hector continued to wait, watching his car’s clock as it ticked up to 11 PM.

RAPHAEL SHAW
SCENE:
Hazardous Chance
TIME:
Pre Arc 1- 2019, September 18
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael, Hide
HAZARDOUS CHANCE
Raph snapped back, in a harsh, hushed whisper, “What am I doing? What the fuck do you think you're doing? And who are you to ask me who I am, hm?" Raph asked but he didn't really care. He wasn't here to kill some lowlife nobody. Well, not this lowlife nobody, anyway. Not this time.

No, as tempting as it was to rip out this idiot's lolling tongue, Raph had business to attend to. His favorite kind. Revenge.

Sighing exaggeratedly to himself, Raph rose up with a start when this stranger tried to shove him. Childish. Raph pushed him back but he kept moving. “You're the lucky one." He retorted, his blood pressure rising. But before he could give this stranger another piece of his mind, he was gone. Irate, Raph stammered for a moment before hurrying after him... Only to witness him try, and fail, to do something cool.

Raph laughed out loud, only to remember too late that this was a supposed stealth mission. He clapped a hand over his mouth as his muffled laughter leaked through his fingers. Raph watched his newfound and more-than-likely unwilling partner in crime press his body up against the warehouse wall with a smile like the devil's.

Cute. ~

Raph, instead, chose to waltz up to the front door and knock three times. If it'd been just him here he'd have gone for the quiet approach as his snowy-haired companion had. But, seeing as he was no longer alone, and this man clearly had plans of his own, Raph decided to make it his business to ruin everyone's day.

Knock, knock, KNOCK!

MISS HONESTY (Amicia Van'solan)
SCENE:
Burning Bridges
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3: March 24th, 2022 -- Evening
PARTICIPANTS:
Amicia, Darius, Tenebrosity
BURNING BRIDGES
“Hm~ Hmm~, Hm~ Hmm~, Hm-Hm-Hmm~” Amicia hummed cheerfully, eyes like autumn flitting back and forth, taking everything in as a canvas does the paint. Looking… Searching… Observing…

She walked with her hands interlocked over her stomach, heels clicking against the hard floor, skirt swaying with every step.

One word could be used to describe how she was feeling, right now.

Fascinated.

Or perhaps excited. Her thoughts posed an argument. Or is it anxious?

A light giggle rose in her throat, and she covered her mouth with only the tips of her fingers to stifle it. Oh, how she loved challenging her own emotional recognition.

I’ll take all three.

Just then, Amicia noticed something that ultimately seized her attention, and before she could will her body otherwise, she was moving in its immediate direction. A flicker of curiosity—no particular reason—or perhaps there was. She would contemplate the whim at a later time.

For now, she acted.

Stepping up to the masked man, Amicia tilted her head with a relaxed smile. “When one plays a game of chess with themselves, do you think they pick a side? If they say they do not, how can they be truly sure? It is a mystery quite worth exploring, I do think… Tell me, dear, are you ready to go?” WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten (Darius) gxxberkit gxxberkit (Ten)
AMICIA'S NOTES
— —What she's wearing: (Click: X)

— —POST RECAP: Amicia approaches Darius.

DARIUS KENNEDY
SCENE:
Burning Bridges
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3: March 24th, 2022 -- Evening
PARTICIPANTS:
Darius, Ten, Amicia
BURNING BRIDGES

Head down. Don’t make noise. Be unassuming. Advice Darius always followed when he had to enter the Serpent’s den. He couldn’t say much about its success, but he was still alive. He usually wouldn’t be lingering for this long in one spot, but he wouldn’t leave Ten by themself, and right now he stood waiting for them outside the bathroom.

He could hear the click-clack of shoes, tilting his head up just enough to see them- Oh fuck what does she want?

Stand up straight, but don’t try and be dominant. Listen carefully. Show respect. There wasn’t a consistent behavioural code when dealing with Serpents, but Darius followed his own set of rules - basic manners, mixed with a bit of subservience. Not too much though, just enough wimpiness to be left alone.

She seemed to be one of the crazy ones, and Darius nodded along with her chess philosophical questions. Don’t argue with the crazy ones. He wished Ten would hurry up and give him a way out, but while they were occupied he had to keep the stranger occupied.

“Oh, ready to go where?” When in doubt, just humour them.

Roza Grigorievna
SCENE:
Ballin'
PARTICIPANTS:
Ballin'

March 29th, 2022 -- Evening

What? She was summoned here, with more than a few others it seemed, to play basketball. Wasn't this normally a team sport? She had never even seen it played much less knew what it was outside of brief glimpses here and there on advertisements or in passing. What's more there were no rules. Should she just go and arm herself with an SMG and then gun them down, or to use a knife on them? Would that be good for her given she had joined not so long ago and even then, it was down the barrel of a gun. She had shot a couple of them, was on the run and just barely survive with her life intact.

Well either way her sponsor was here so she couldn't back out now. With the ever-present sour look on her face it seemed to dip even more as she looked and the burned and smashed field. She was very disadvantaged here. It was a straight open plain. At least in terms of her HP, least she suddenly unlocked a new potential in it. However, she was as good as the human body could be when it came to stamina and speed, if she could get the ball and none of them sat her on fire with a wave of the hand then she had even money odds of scoring a goal.

It was then her attention was pulled away by the introductions, first was who invited them all out here, Boltius, Bolt, Blitz, he had an unusual combination of clothing on but was keen for a fight if it was presented. Next was what looked to be some sort of demon, she was new here, named Rin, from the far east likely. Oni, Ogre and the like were her nicknames, did she use it as a title? Then was a man also in a mix of casual and formal wear. Not that she could call him out on it too much, she had on parts of a suit, skirt, spats and short ankle combat boots. His name was Hector, Pharaoh was his alias. Seemed he had no intention on playing. That meant it was her go now least she wanted to wait.

Just as she was about to speak up a sudden newcomer made his presence known in a most unusual way, screaming about hotdogs as dust settled and his truck nearly tipped over from the improvised drifting. Reaching her right hand for the knife sheath on the back of her right hip, she stops briefly to stare at the others. Given no one had immediately tried to kill him he must have been invited as well.

Still hunched over like a runner about to burst forth, she slowly stands back at ease with her hand wandering away from the knife. "Roza." No one had given a full name yet and neither was she. Using her middle name, she wasn't about to deal with people mispronouncing her first, plus her full name was reserved for those she trusted. "I..." A pause as she searched for words to say. " ...am a newer addition added in earlier this month, though I have been in the city for a couple months. Alias is Red Rabbit, or just Rabbit. RR if you wish to be rather lazy. I..." Another pause. "Yes, I look forward to knowing some of you."

And with that she was done.

gxxberkit gxxberkit Peckinou Peckinou , Lucem Lucem , Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten , EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen , Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , joshuadim joshuadim

Last edited:
MILO NAGISA
SCENE:
Building Bridges
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri, Dante, Charlie, Milo, Yong-Yut, Jozef, Gideon, Corvo
BUILDING BRIDGES
Milo preferred to keep his head down these days. These days—the weeks and months since that afternoon in late September when he'd sold his soul to the devil of the South—had passed by without issue... More-or-less.

He sat hunched over his sketchpad in the shade of a nearby building, one that remained miraculously free of the destruction that the Tigers had wrought on this part of the district. His hand worked with a quickness across the canvas. He knew what it was in his mind he wished to create. Meanwhile, he thought about the others in attendance... Many of them were part of his newfound family. One of them was Iroi. And the rest were, well, concerned citizens? Perhaps. He wasn't here for any of them. He was here for—

"Huh?"

A voice. Someone was speaking to him. He looked up from his sketchpad, shielding his face from the sun with the palm of his free hand. He said, "Oh, it's you."

Gideon was a Scarlet Phoenix. A gangster. But he didn't seem like one. At least, he was unlike the others he'd met so far in a few notable ways. Milo found that he quite liked him, for what it was worth. He momentarily returned his attention to his canvas. Blowing away the eraser shavings, Milo willed his creation to rise. Miniature doodled men, no taller than fieldmice, rose in droves from the parchment and began to waddle purposefully toward the bridge, intent on cleaning and tidying up the workspace in time for the rest of the builders, construction workers, and volunteers to have their lunch and recover their strength.

"We can have lunch while they work," Milo nodded and said with a hint of self-satisfaction before turning to Gideon. He shook his head, smiling. "... No. No, I'll join you," Milo said, standing and stretching his arms high overhead until he felt some of the tension unwide.

CHARLIE HUGHES
SCENE:
[Hair and Memories]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, March 9th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Mimi
Hair and Memories
Charlie relaxed while sitting down as his hair was being taken care of, a flow of bittersweet memories flooded his mind as the pleasantly warm water hit his scalp and the hairdresser worked her way with his hair with professional tenderness and finesse.

He was reminded of the good old times back in his senior highschool year, his time with Angelica, specifically. He remembered the day he confessed to her, the picnics, walking home, the karaoke... Some were not as cheerful though. There was memories of rolling eyes, of lashing out as well as complaints for leaving his home, a sharp irritated voice echoed through the deeper chambers of his mind as he stared intensely at the ceiling, lost in thought.

"Oh"

The hairdresser's sudden expression broke off his trance, snapping him right back into reality.

"Oh, Well thanks! I tend to get this done about three times a year, give or take... But I also make sure to keep it healthy outside from that, I often use F&J's deep conditioning cream, and I've been really taking a liking to applying Boreal's herbal oil once a week, there was a time not too long ago that I hard to resort to budget brands, and you could really tell the difference..."

He stopped himself from speaking further as he noticed he was monopolizing the casual talk to himself.

"And what about you? Your hair looks really nice as well...at least from what I can see from this angle, you have any recommendations?"

BluEndings BluEndings

CAMILA GASPARI
SCENE:
"Two" is Company
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, July 20th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Camila, Minato
"TWO" IS COMPANY

Camila quickly got to work on the dinner, humming happily as Minato's sudden nickname boosted her mood a little bit, from the corner of her eye she spotted a pair of Minato clones working their way through the dishes, glasses and cutlery from the drawers. The girl was reminded of Minato's incredibly useful ability, one that allowed him to be in multiple places at once, or perform tasks at exponentially faster rates... It also reminded her of how she wasn't exactly dealt the best hand in life when it came to the game of HPs.

But most importantly, his ability allowed for fun possibilities that... Should rather not be spoken about, not in here at least.

She skillfully made quick work of a large red onion with one of her kitchen knives, finely dicing by landing angled, near complete cuts through its length, and and plenty of fine chops through its width. Next was a plump chicken breast that was soon turned into a myriad of short strips which she promptly seasoned with salt and pepper as well as a few spices. Over medium-low heat, she threw the diced onion into a pan coated with olive oil and stirred constantly as to let the bits soften rather than browning. A few minutes later she threw in the chicken, turning up the temperature. At this point the water on the pot was ready, so she out took from the fridge the home-made pasta she had done the night prior, submerging it onto the hot water. She grabbed a bunch of basil leaves from the cute little potted plant that layed right next to the kitchen's window, and crushed them into a chunky paste with a mortar and pestle.

Now came the part that required good timing in order to deliver everything at peak condition. First she turned off the stove under the pan and dropped the basil paste, gently stirring as everything got incorporated. Next was the pasta, which she removed from the pot with nearly chronometrated precision just a hair under al dente. Camila then placed the pasta on the pan, adding small splashes of pasta water as he stirring and the residual heat worked to form an emulsion, fusing the components into a creamy olive-colored sauce.

She brought the pan over to the living room table, alongside a bottle of white wine and a couple more things. With a large fork and a ladle, she secured an nicely-shaped portion for her date, laying it atop his dish. Just before he managed to attack his meal, Camila stopped him by extending her arm and raising her index finger.

"Now now, dear, I'm not done yet"

She reached for the other things she had brought, precisely a well-kept black truffle, letting thin slices rain down Minato's platter with a mandoline.

"Now you're good to go. It's a bit of a personal recipe, taking a little bit from multiple dishes, it probably won't make my ancestors very happy, but I think you're gonna like it"

She poured the wine for the two of them, smiling coyly as she awaited for him to try it out.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

SCENE:
Ballin'
Time:
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean , Milo Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Roza RedArmyShogun RedArmyShogun , Rin EmperorsChosen EmperorsChosen , Yong-Yut gxxberkit gxxberkit , Hector WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten , Ashley Lucem Lucem , Hitoshi joshuadim joshuadim
Ballin'

The area around the basketball court looked like a battlefield, the fact the basketball court was still mostly intact is a miracle in itself, the area around the court seemed more like living proof of why Phoenixs can't have nice thing. It's such a shame really since Helva would of probably bought a lot of things for the Phoenixs if it weren't for the fact that she knew it wouldn't last for a full week. But none the less, they supposed playing with a fun basketball game with the destructive Phoenix kids would be fun for them, especially at this time of day. Liblas shoes were already covered in Shadows, her shadow boots were pretty effective at this time of day, and would only get better as time passed on, the longer the wait, the faster she would be. After a while of listening to Bolt explain everything and hearing the Rookie girl, Rin she thinks she couldn't help but begin wondering if this would end up in a fight. When Hector came by to talk, Libla couldn't help but chuckle at their word choice, especially when they used the term spirit, their alias.

Before she could greet the Rookiers herself, a hotdog truck had start to come on by, a hotdog truck in this wasteland? had to be a Phoenix, and it didn't take long before they found out who it was. Hitoshi, one of the more lighter hearted members in her eyes, seemed to have came on by with a hotdog truck, typical Hitoshi she supposed. Then there was the other Rookie, she didn't really know much about them yet, but she seemed a bit on edge, with the same calculating stare she seen many times before, though it was not usually on Rookies, she must of been through some stuff before becoming a Phoenix probably.

Though with introductions done, and most of the Vets seeming to have favored sitting this one out, she supposed she would join in and introduce herself and greet everyone, with a slight movement forward she gave everyone a playful salute. Hello, everyone, and hello Hitoshi, i suppose you caught wind of this event haven't you, well glad that you made it, in a typical Hitoshi fashion of course.” she had said that last part in a slightly smug voice, as a smirk came to their lips. "Anyways Hello Rookies! I'm Libla code name spirit, since most of the vets will be sitting this one out, I'll be more than happy to play, let's just try to keep injuries to minimum atleast." Libla had no disillusions that someone could likely get hurt in a typical Phoenix fashion, especially with someone like Bolt leading things.

"NAOMI BLECHER" (MIMI)
SCENE:
[Tin and Matchstick]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3, September 29th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Mimi
TIN AND MATCHSTICK
She lingered by the door until Sang-Cheol’s official welcome. Even so, her stride was stifled but she eventually came to in no time at all. Her eyes took to his person and then down at the bottle fished from one of the many drawers. The most she offered in terms of response was a slight nod, and the bowing corners of her lips. Before she made an attempt to collect the pills, a new series of words fluttered out.

“About Raphael.” Her shoulders visibly tensed. “Isn’t that… bad?”

Her pupils shimmered, almost vibrating against the agitated pink of her iris, but they remained soft—at least by her standards. Her right hand displayed the same level of apprehension. A slight wavering and curling of the fingers accented by the faint sound of her creasing gloves. The rest of her figure remained stagnant. Almost cold, and far less expressive than her usual deliberate mannerisms.

“I mean, Raphael was by no means weak, and like, Kyo was right there with him, right?” Her eyes fell. “He’s supposed to be strong.” She gave a brief glance towards the door. “Do you think whoever is responsible is going to come after us? For screwing up everything back there?”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back