• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy New Oasis: Four Heavenly Kings — The B-Sides

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
ANNA GARDENER
SCENE:
Mutual Assurance
TIME:
Post Arc 1/Pre Arc 2 — Sometime After September 17th, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael Elenion Aura Elenion Aura , Anna
MUTUAL ASSURANCE
Anna shifted in her seat, the dilapidated bench she was perched upon creaking under her weight. Ever since that day, grey skies had made her uncomfortable. Rain, even more so, and while thankfully the weather had not devolved to that point yet, her charge for the day was doing well enough to compensate.

His eyes bored into her, and his words even more so. At Raphael's mention of the incident a few days prior, she just about choked on her other breath, covering the inside of her mask for the day in a layer of thin, violently discharged spit.

Gross. She hadn't even bought a spare.

"Could we... Not talk about that? It wasn't really a good day for me..." Anna half begged, and half mumbled, a fresh wellspring of guilt bubbling to the surface within her as she recalled her particular contributions to the events at Mach Sling. It was another mistake on that list of manslaughters that she'd managed to go so long without adding another entry to. Time had already dulled the memory enough for it not to set her head completely spinning within a roundabout of self-admonishment, but it was still something she'd rather not think about.

Though, now that she was thinking about it, this place, this industrial jungle was hardly helping either. There was the rain, there was Raphael, and there was the lab. While she might have been missing a Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, she had two Ghosts of Christmas Past to compensate, and worst of all, one dreadfully real Ghost of Christmas Present that was all too eager to do his job.

"Um." Inside of her head, Anna sorted through her memories of just how exactly small talk like this was supposed to work. It was strikingly, and probably to any proper person, depressingly hard for her to dredge up the last time she'd had to talk to someone just for the sake of it like this. Outside of her own family, at least.

How long exactly had it been? Two years? Three years? Even within Anna's dull, repressed heart, something was left buried deep and forgotten that ached at the thought.

But not enough for her to acknowledge it.

"What uh- What do you think of the weather lately?" Sadly this was quite genuinely the result of Anna doing her best. She wasn't much invested in Tri and the Serpent Queen's relationship, but a job was a job. "A-awful, right? I hate the rain."

"NAOMI BLECHER" (MIMI)
SCENE:
[Hair and Memories]
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, March 9th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Charlie, Mimi
HAIR AND MEMORIES
...Angi?

As fortune would have it, Mimi did not place further thought on the comment beyond the sound itself. Her movements were already preoccupied with selecting the necessary tools, and her mind was flipping back and forth between the proper order of the task at hand. There was something about the stiff shifting of her wrist, but the cloudy white gloves that masked each of her fingers were likely to steal attention away.

“Hmph.” She draped a cloth over Charlie. “Looks good for the most part.” Her words were intended for herself, but they would suffice as conversation. “Stubborn split ends—should be simple enough.”

After that the woman snapped into action. Though her mannerisms were typically doused in bitterness, the way she handled hair was foreign. There was nothing clockwork about these new motions. Instead, they exhibited a level of tenderness and resoluteness that was previously absent. She kept her arms from brushing the seated man while sectioning off the newly moistened strands. Though quick, these moments had been careened in silence.

“Oh.” There was a genuine display of innocence unbecoming of her. She had nearly forgotten it was appropriate to make idle talk. It tended to be a bit of a hassle, but it could be tolerable, depending.

“Your hair looks well cared for. You get this done often?”
NAVIGATE

Last edited:
BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Fraudulent Meeting
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2—2021, September 21st—After 4:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Sang-Cheol Misuteeku Misuteeku
FRAUDULENT MEETING
Bad neighborhood, huh. Heard that one before. Boltius listened quietly.

He wondered, however, where the guy was from.

Sang-Cheol spoke bashfully of his hobby—collecting coins—then moved on, Boltius snickering slightly. He felt there was no need to be ashamed of something so simple. Though he wasn’t much of a collector himself, he knew of stranger things.

Sang-Cheol mentioned his office job and Boltius nodded.

Then came the topic of a partner and the wink that followed, which rendered the Phoenix all of the sudden speechless.

“Oh, looks like it’s our turn,” said Sang-Cheol and walked off, leaving Bolt behind as he stood replaying the gesture in his mind before spitting with laughter. “PFFFFFFT- HAAAA!”

Catching up with Sang-Cheol, Boltius bounced a pointed finger and shook his head as he stepped up onto the dance platform. “You’re a funny dude, man… I know you’re probably jokin’, but I’m more of a ladies guy… But you’ve…” Boltius stared, inspecting, then continued, “Yeah, you’ve got a nice face.”

“Anyway, yeah-yeah. No problem. Easy-peasy. This shit ain’t too hard, you just do what it tells you. Add some flair if you want, impress the kids.” A quick swat of his hand, he drew attention toward a few children who had gathered to watch. “It’s all in the footwork, my dude.” A smile split across his face then, and Boltius shook his ass, “Don’t forget to loosen your hips.” Mostly a joke in the way he said it, but it was true.
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + His usual bling/jewelry

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: Several days ago, before the events of Arc-1 on September 17th, Boltius was approached by a stranger seeking his friendship. This stranger wrote up a contract agreement, which Boltius signed promising he would meet the stranger for a fun day on the town, that day being today.

They've just finished playing a zombie-shooter game and are now making their way toward Dance-Dance Revolution.

Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
FRADULENT MEETING
TIME:
Post Arc-1 | September 21th 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Boltius
FRADULENT MEETING

Now it was Sang-Cheol's turn to look surprised. His eyes widened for a brief moment and the back of his ears turned red, though he quickly recovered and grinned at Boltius. "Hehe, thanks." Turning his head away from Boltius, he subconsciously touched his face. He had a nice face? That was the first time he ever heard of it. His workers weren't programmed to compliment him in that way. If Hubert complimented him, Sang-Cheol would take some time off and kill Hubert several times over to express his slight displeasure. The only person he regularly talked to would be Snake, but he was seeing Tri.

Everything was going well. Though there was a slight tightness in his chest. Sang-Cheol couldn't exactly identify the reason why he felt that way. He wasn't feeling stress nor was he undergoing self-experimentation prior to this meeting. It started once zombie shooter game was over, so was it because he was having fun? The thought didn't seem quite right to him.

However, the next game was about to start. Boltius made some sort of crude comment and Sang-Cheol laughed at it. If Boltius said it was going to be easy, then Sang-Cheol shouldn't worry too much about it. In fact, they had so much fun in the last game that Sang-Cheol was looking forward to dancing. Dancing couldn't be too hard, right?

He was wrong.

Somehow in some way during the dance, Sang-Cheol somehow locked his legs, fell forward, and hit his head against the screen. That wasn't all. After recovering from that not even a second later that he somehow locked his legs again, trying to back to the game, and fell backwards and his the back of his head against the rail. If he wasn't an HP, he probaby would have suffer a severe injury. To make matters worse, he somehow fell off to the side of the platform and hit his head onto the ground.

He blanked out for a second.

"..." His hands lingered towards the railing that his head bumped into. Hovering it, his hand that clasped the metal rod crushed it in an instant.

"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK," As if some sort switch in Sang-Cheol's head was turned on, he shouted out loud enough to be heard throughout the entire arcade. A vein could almost popped out as the gears that were responsible for temper management went overdrive. Sang-Cheol gave a glare so harsh that the children nearby started to cry.

Getting up from his place, he stared at the DDR. Forgetting all pretenses and meaning of this date, he growled. "Bullshit piece of junk," Sang-Cheol looked as if the DDR machine as if it had insulted Lab Icarus. "I'm going to fucking mutiliate you!" The DDR didn't have any limbs to speak of, neither did it have capacity to be alive to start with.

Last edited:
ALICE
SCENE:
Ribbon Bookmarks and Tassel Charms
PARTICIPANTS:
Yong-Yut, Alice
RIBBON BOOKMARKS AND TASSEL CHARMS
<<< Remember

"Yong. Yut." Finally, Alice took the time to make it right. She tilted her head as YY corrected her again on the whole Pasadena/Passeri Park thing... to which a light seemed to click on inside her head. "I'm sorry, Yong-Yut! They're kind of similar so I get tongue-tied!"

As the conversation moved back to fashion, Alice grew more fidgety and excited. She'd never thought of wearing anything other than her dresses or cutesy clothing. Maybe YY could help her around. "We can go shopping after this! I'll pay for everything!" she shouted, eyes glimmering. "Did you know that the clerks make really funny faces when you point from one end of an aisle to the other and say 'I'll take all of those, please!'" Her eagerness didn't last long, as she remembered something else. Her fidgets stopped, though her soft smile remained. "Actually, I might have to go back home... I did wander away from my caretakers to get here."

Alice got on her knees on the bench, turning around to point off towards the back. "There's a garden party a little while down that path with all kinds of fancy things, and that's where I came from! But... I don't know, it felt a little... tiring?" she shook her head. "I shouldn't say that. The Tigers care for me lots and keep me safe!" Alice raised a finger, now proudly reciting the things she learned. "There's very dangerous gangs out there, you know. They would all tear me apart and rip my head off and burn everything to the ground if they had a chance! And they do those kinds of things for fun!"

gxxberkit gxxberkit

CORVO CORDESCO
SCENE:
Alls Unwell Ends Unwell
PARTICIPANTS:
Corvo, Yong-Yut
Alls Unwell Ends Unwell

Corvo.png

<<< Remember

"What, can't a friend greet one of their own?" Corvo giggled innocently, watching YY glare annoyed at her. "Okay, sure, I couldn't resist teasing you a little." There was something about being a nuisance that never stopped being enjoying to the older woman—especially to her. In Corvo's eyes, ways she reacted was like a feisty chihuahua, and that ticked off a primal part of the rookie Phoenix.

Fortunately for YY, Corvo didn't plan on sticking around for long. With a slight shrug, she went on. "But really, that's all I came here for. I also have somewhere to be." One hand went out from behind her back to offer a motionless wave. As she took a step beside YY, intending to walk past her and away, she casually said a "See you around!"

Corvo, however, couldn't resist one last thing before she went on her way... Her hand flew out and ruffled the top of Yong-Yut's head.
unknown.png

gxxberkit gxxberkit

BOLTIUS BECKMAN
SCENE:
Park-Time Recreation
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1—2015, June 20th (Saturday)—1:00 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Milo, Matsuda, Nanami (NPC)
PARK-TIME RECREATION
Boltius spotted Milo from a mile away and began a hasty run in his direction, flailing his arms as he did. “MILOOOOOOOOOOO!!!”

Milo hopped off his bike and brought it to a halt. “Hey, bro..! Sorry I'm late. Where's Matsu and Nanami?”

Boltius waved a hand, “Nah, fuck it, you’re good. They ain’t showed yet. I honestly thought you guys fuckin’ forgot.” He chuckled.

As they waited for Matsuda and Nanami, Boltius talked about Haven, his latest ex, but the conversation didn’t stop there. He and Milo spoke of several things. They laughed and they were quiet—the occasional cellphone indulgence of typical teenage boys forgetting the world around them until something popped up that they wanted to share. Funny videos, memes, an annoying comment or status on social media.

It had been a year since… Larissa… and, still, Milo was the only one who knew. For the time being, Boltius intended to keep it that way.

“Like I was sayin’, though, mom was pretty torn up about it… Ash’ leavin’ an’ all.” His second-oldest sister, Ashlyn, had just moved out of the city a few months ago to live with her long-distance boyfriend of three years. “Wouldn’t be so bad if she wasn’t such a bitch about it… Pisses me off…” Boltius furrowed his eyebrows, frustrated. “Mom wasn’t even tryna be a dick an’ Ash lost her top. I shoulda fuckin’ bitch-slapped her ass-”

Abruptly, his train of thought came to a screeching halt when an oncoming ball of jolly pink hair caught his eye, swaying and bouncing with every approaching step. A smile, Boltius extended his hand high in waving, “Yooooo!!” And he snickered when pulled into a hug. “Fuckin’ finally you guys show. What took you so long?” he asked, eyeing the bag in Matsuda’s hand.

“Got us a lil grub beforehand. Never can get too much sugar y'know?” said Matsuda and Boltius begged to differ.

“The fuck you can’t… What’s in there? Lemme see.” Boltius wriggled his way out of the hug, Nanami releasing his hold, and took the bag. A crisp, warm sweetness bursted out just then and twisted Bolt’s face into something of shock and disgust, and, quickly, he returned the bag shut before handing it back to Matsu. Such a reaction was mostly a comedic exaggeration.

“Nah, no thanks, bro. I brought my own snacks.” Reaching into the pocket of his coat, Boltius withdrew a honey and oats granola bar and gave it a proud shake. “These babies are good… Also…” A sudden mischief showed in the smile that parted his lips. “Lookie, lookie~”

Boltius flashed a label tucked in his coat, under his shirt. “Dad left his cabinet unlocked.” An unopened bottle of rum, it was, and he fully intended to drink it. Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + His usual Earrings, Rings, and Chains

— —Boltius doesn't have any tattoos at this point in time. He is only sixteen years old.

— —This is almost two years after Boltius started working out and calculating his nutrition. Also, at this point in time, he knew nothing of Vulken's affiliation with the Scarlet Phoenixes.

— —Random Note: This scene takes place two weeks after Boltius broke up with his girlfriend, Haven Tembergarten, after she called his mother a bitch during one of the Beckman Dinners. Boltius has, since then, been calling her "Haven Tempergarten".

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: It's a warm Summer day and the boys, Matsuda, Milo, Boltius, and Nanami have decided to meet up at Central Park in the Central District. A very casual, slice-of-life event.

HIDE ISHIDA
SCENE:
The Hellion Charge
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1, May 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Hide, Charlie
The Hellion Charge
Hide stared intently into his iced lemonade, his free hand absentmindedly squeezing another lemon into his cup to make his sweet treat more sour. No one ever made them sour enough. His eyes lifted to his blue haired... he supposed- friend, a brow raised in suspicion. Hide leaned back in his chair, taking a packet from his pocket and sprinkling it into his drink. Sour powder. Crossing his legs, he took a slow sip, finally satisfied enough to deal with it.

Hide really didn't know how it came to this. Charlie and him were so different yet they somehow made their "friendship" work. The puppy and the porcupine. Hide tilted his head in thought. Charlie was somehow lucky enough he didn't get pricked by his quills yet. Hide shook his head, having realized his companion was speaking whilst Hide himself was lost in his thoughts. He clicked his tongue, adding another sour packet. It was clear he needed more to focus.

Hide scoffed, a smile on his face. "Yeah, I was too busy effin' your mom these past few weeks." He said with a deadpan tone. The snowy haired boy sipped on his lemonade obnoxiously, the over- sourness seemingly having no effect on him due to desensitization.

A hum rumbled in his throat. Smacking his lips, he leaned forward, a mischievous glint in his eyes and a smirk on his face. "And here I thought your brought me here to gimme spoilers bout that new superhero movie out. " He adjusted his glasses, leaning back and taking another overly dramatic big gulp. He waved his hand for Charlie to continue his spiel. Luckily for everyone around him (and Hide's blood pressure), he was in a particularly good mood today.

JESPER ALBRECHT
SCENE:
Meeting 101
PARTICIPANTS:
Jesper, Milo
Meeting 101
<<< Remember

A cold sweat crossed over Jesper. Some voice cut through the air, calling for a "kid." But who was the kid? Why did the voice sound like it was aimed in his direction? Anxiety nipped a whole in his stomach as he scanned around the place, letting the drone hover stagnant in the air. "Wh-Who's there?!" he called back sheepishly... only then finding the crack in the trees where two older kids were staring at him.

Nope.

Remote still in hand, Jesper deactivated the drone with a softening whir. He leaped up at the device, forcing it and its controller back into the box and the molded styrofoam. If there was anything he learned from his dad, it's that common-class people only called out to people like Jesper for their money or whatever ground-breaking tech of theirs! Crooks! Not to mention Jesper was all alone; what else could they have wanted with him! Though frightened, he gathered enough energy to yell back, "Go away! I don't have money or cool secret tech!"

Awkwardly heaving the heavy box in front of him, Jesper attempted to run the other way.

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura

TAZZ (August August)
SCENE:
Unlikely Encounter
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2 — September 19th, 2021: 11:40 PM
PARTICIPANTS:
Raphael ( Elenion Aura Elenion Aura )
UNLIKELY ENCOUNTER
“Why did you really come back for me, hm? Don’t feed me the ‘goodness of your heart’ line, either."

August was quiet.

“What is it you think you stand to gain by helping me, hm?”

The silence stretched on thereafter.

. . .

. . .

Then finally, “Was hopin’ you’d buy me dinnah.” A lousy jest, he knew, and so followed up with something more genuine. “Kiddin’...” he took a breath. “Call it cautious… Ah don’t want bad blood. Don’t want enemies… Not ones ‘at know mah name ‘n’ face, ‘at is… But ah guess it’s unavoidable…”

He thought about his mask, beanie, and goggles. The bare minimum of an attempt at hiding one’s identity.

“...Yeh… Unavoidable.”

Another moment of silence cut through and settled like dust before August spoke again with a shrug. “Or…” He took a glance at Raphael and acted smug, “...maybe it was outta koindness… But ‘at would be new. An’... no offense, but we-... don’t really know each othah. Emotions’re an enigma… Probly wouldn’t know it if it was.”

He zoned out. “As far as'm used to… probly just lookin’ out f' mahself... Fair 'nough, though, you get it, yeh?”

. . .

“Wot is it you wanna he’ah?... Could fabricate all noight long ‘til ah get it roight enough ‘atchu won’t kill me th’ next toime we cross paths. Twice’s one thing; three toimes makes it a habit... Maybe then ah'll tell ya mah middle name.”
AUGUST NOTES​
— —What he's wearing (X) + Covered in red, wine stains

— —His car (2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 (X))

— —SCENE DESCRIPTION: After an unlikely encounter at a bar called Geronimo's which consisted of August and Raphael clashing with some Albino Tigers, August has offered to give the drunk Raphael a ride to a place of his choosing.

celestine renee cadieux
SCENE:
loud and proud
TIME:
pre-arc 1, late june 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
yong-yut, ten, hector, darius, sylvie, celestine, amari, peyton
loud and proud
celestine wandered through the crowd, looking at all of the booths she passed and occasionally turning her attention to the parade to watch as it went by. there was so much going on it was difficult to focus on any one thing; it was exciting, albeit somewhat overwhelming, but she was enjoying herself and had already purchased more trinkets than she probably should have.

humming to herself as she made her way down the sidewalk, celestine suddenly stopped in her tracks when she caught sight of a jewelry booth. clapping her hands together excitedly, although her face remained expressionless, she quickly approached and began to look around at all of the items that were for sale. celeste had given herself a budget, not wanting to overspend while she was here, but how could she ignore such lovely pride jewelry? the rings were especially nice and she spent far too much time trying them on to see what she liked best.

WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten gxxberkit gxxberkit Coyote Hart Coyote Hart

Last edited:
Sang-Cheol Man
SCENE:
Tin and Matchstick
TIME:
Pre-Arc 3 | September 29, 2021
PARTICIPANTS:
Sang-Cheol, Mimi, Rebecca [NPC], Aristotle [NPC], Timothy [NPC], Gerda [NPC]
Tin And Matchstick

"FUCKING, BULLSHIT!"

A table smashed against the white walls of the lab leaving a broken table and a dented wall. Sang-Cheol was red in anger. Everything that had happened at the lab from dealing with Pigeon Brain to Zombie Fucker was pretty much all for fucking nothing. The files that were supposed to contain their research had basically jack all. It made him want to personally hunt down that necrophiliac, but he had other important duties to do. Such as...

"FUCK. FUCK. FUCK. FUCK YOU, RAPHAEL!" Sang-Cheol screamed as he threw Aristotle across the other side of the room. Instead of making a dent, Aristotle crashed right through it and ended up inside his walls.

"Boss-nim, please stop!" Rebecca said as she tried to hold him back. Timothy and Gerda also tried to stop him, but they weren't all enough. In an instant, Sang-Cheol bashed his head against Rebecca's nose, picked up Timothy and swung him at Gerda knocking them both down. Sang-Cheol didn't seem to register that they were, in fact, his most trusted lab mates. All he was concerned was the fact he stressed himself over nothing.

"WASTING MY GODDAMN TIME. NOT TO MENTION GETTING KIDNAPPED ,OR WHATEVER THE FUCK HAPPENED. MOTHER FUCKER. NOW I HAVE TO FILE A REPORT TO SNAKE ABOUT THIS SHIT, BECAUSE I KNOW NOBODY IN THE FUCKING GROUP WOULD DO IT FOR ME!" Tears actually started to swell in his eyes as he went around destroying various parts of lab. From equipment to furniture, nothing was safe in the wake of Sang-Cheol. Having revisited his trauma and meeting Pigeon Brain was absolutely made that day the fourth worst day of Sang-Cheol's life. As if he needed more days to cry about.

Last edited:
Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 || Post Arc 2
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
"I want to go home," Peyton grumbled to himself as he wandered down the hospital hall.

Peyton didn't like hospitals. And no, it was not because of his time as a test subject. The lab had been a comfortable experience, filled with people who he knew and enjoyed the company of. Hospitals were just something else. They were sanitized surfaces; places where diseases couldn't spread. They were people who feigned kindness; a place as dull as dust. They were stuffy spaces and orderly rules; it was lacking in the flavor of order Peyton subscribed to.

His nerves were on fire, telling him to flee. He was in constant prayer that nobody would give him antiviral medication.

It had been two days since Peyton had been admitted to the hospital. After the riots in the East and the injuries that came from it, the nearest hospital had been overwhelmed, leaving the Correspondance Emergency Care Hospital as the nearest choice.

Yuto's venom had done a number on his body, and the paralysis had lasted longer than he thought. Peyton's carelessness whilst in his fragile state didn't help his recovery. The doctors said that they were going to need another day to monitor Peyton to make sure that the treatment had been a success. It was an announcement that Peyton grimaced at. But he was allowed free rein of the hospital, and so he could visit Reveler and say a few words to her-- even if she couldn't respond.

As Peyton walked back to his room, he ran his hand along the wall. There was a bumpy texture to it. The wall and floor were pristine white, and the navy line that Peyton traced was the only break from it. There was an odd smell in the air, likely disinfectant. He had already gotten quite desensitized to it. Nurses and doctors walked to and fro, clad in teal scrubs and lab coats, their chattering filling the hall. Gurneys rattled down the hall, crashing through double doors, which meant that Peyton had to hug the wall every so often to get out of the way.

Peyton's stomach rumbled. The hospital food sucked. There wasn't enough meat in the soup.

"Go check up on room 18, the guy's in here for a toxin that paralyzed him," one nurse said to another as Peyton passed by them, "I think his name was Yuto or something..."

Peyton's head perked up. Yuto. The spider boy's "I. AM. YUTO!' as he seethed with rage above Peyton was engraved in his mind. So of course he would've remembered Yuto's name.

"Yuto? He's my friend, which room is he--" Peyton turned around to try to grab the nurse and ask a few questions, but they were already gone, lost in the sea of people. They probably also wouldn't say anything due to 'patient privacy' or whatever.

That just meant that he would have to track them down.

Peyton turned around and headed towards where the nurse had vanished off to. He had a decent idea of where Yuto's room might've been. He didn't know what he was going to do when he saw the man though-- was he going to meekly say hi and ask to make amends, or were they going to finish their fight?

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

(Jasper) Dante | West | The Princess Penthouse

Things were looking bad. His connections in the South and the East, people he knew that lived there- had reported an increase in gang activity between the Phoenixes and Dragons; and from what his connections told him this increasing friction and the influx in their activity led to an influx in criminal activity--

--which meant there was a need for him to be Lancer more often to try and alleviate some of the stress on the SDPD.

Bless Auvura, she was his guide in the foggy swamp of bloodshed; not only did she make investigations easier, she had been helping him trace and pin down the more violent appearances that had been cropping up as the Dragons and Phoenixes continued to trade their blows.

Granted, he was helping her eliminate the saboteurs sent after the Phoenixes, but these same saboteurs were only being given pay for their actions because the people hiring them wanted the no-connections attached package.

It had begun with tracking a duo of paid serial killers in the South that had been participating off/on in the assault towards the Phoenixes, thanks to the wealthy hand of a wealthy businesswoman that had properties in the East which were losing money due to the Phoenixes activities. Tracking those two murders had taken not just a week to finally locate but it had taken three separate fights, and then a day between the duo's flee before they had to track both down again and repeat the hunt two more times before one of them was killed. And the other following their lover soon after to beyond the grave.

That had been a rough two weeks, but it had only gotten more busy once he had to address concerns with some contacts in the North.

Yuudai's capture was a surprise, but a welcome one. Even if it wasn't public news yet and the only reason he knew was because of the links he had to the media that worked with the police, Dante didn't know whether to be happy or slightly concerned given how eccentric Tri was. Aside from this information being good to keep aware of in the future activities of the Serpents, Emily Vark and Caldaun Krieg, his reporter contacts that kept a close eye on Serpent activity in the North, promised to keep in touch as they always had.

However he didn't leave the North immediately, nor did he visit Celeste either. With the shift in power, and the volatile nature of the Serpents in general, there was a need of some sort to leave a reminder of his presence. Dante spent some time working as Lancer in the streets, all while having his buddy in the Tigers, Keith, keep an ear out for him if anything spicy came in for him to be aware of- or if his presence was needed.

All he got was a thumbsup and an ask to bring back a souvenir. Out of all the Tigers he had met, Keith was one of the few genuinely decent sort Dante had come to trust enough with some information on his habit of playing investigator out in other Districts. Keith hadn't told a soul-- and seemed just happy to play as one of the ears in the gang as long as no immediate danger came charging his way, probably because the guy knew just how shitty this city was considering he'd lost family in the South before he moved to the West and bought his way into the Tigers to live it up easy.

It was too bad he also failed to stick his nose into the gossip as much as he should have, else he would have alerted Dante sooner that Alice was back.

Once again, he found himself in the thick of the muck. Taking up his investigator persona, Dante scouted the places that suffered the most from the drug marketing of the Serpents and as a result nurtured the best kinds of criminals. Robbers, murders, addicts willing to do terrible things for a fix, arsonists, smaller gangs who were trying and failing to encroach their will on the North when the Serpents were towering over everything at large. In the blink, two weeks went by of him harassing digging up feed. On October 25, two weeks after he had enough to begin his hunt- Lancer reappeared with a band of mercenaries by his side.

For five days and nights, Lancer attacked the slums of the North District with the Embers. He and his team of ruby-onyx armored agents, assaulted the drug dealers moving between North and Central's checkpoints, some of them aided by Serpents, unaware that while he was doing this, Dragons had also begun their assault on Central's streets against the Serpents, led by an ex-veteran of the former gang. He would come in, launch a brutal strike with the team of HP Agents, beating their opponents down into the dirt, destroying whatever transportation they had obstructed, and vanishing with the only gift being their lives.

Every time Lancer and the Embers launched an assault on one of the drug transportations heading to Central from North, media coverage hit hard, flooding the internet with activity that made mention or showed pictures of Lancer leaving the sight of interaction, finally making a comeback. It wasn't until Lancer and the Embers launched an assault on three different slum lords, people that had gained more than they had lost from the Serpents influence, working to better arm their drug trafficking employers, got struck with heavy lossess from the attack. Their bases damaged, their armed grunts defeated, and the equipment they had been storing totalled.

Three different lords found their homes raided by both Lancer and the Count and their allies, where on the fifth day, Lancer's assault on the slums with the Embers, suddenly ceased.

He came, he struck, and then he was gone once more.

Dante was exhausted by the end of it all- but it was news from Keith on the 29th that stopped him from doing anymore. Alice wasn't just back and had been for weeks now- but Keith informed Dante as he began preparations for returning to the Tiger Den, that she was...different.

He had to find out why.

Not before he met with Celeste though, a quick kiss on the cheek, a brief check-in to see how she faired since the last time he had seen her it'd been on Dragon turf, and then after cryptically apologizing, said goodbye.

One day for rest, the next he was back up again. There was no time to truly rest.

He could never rest. Not until the ball had begun rolling in his direction. And even then, in a place like this, rest was for fools.

Perhaps it was a benefit of being an HP or the benefit of his power- but whenever midnight struck, everything seemed to recharge for him. The mystical energy he spent for every transformation- the soreness and aches from injuries or bruises, the cuts or wounds, they all vanished- seemed to be less present- a new vitality flooded his body- his mind, his soul was freed from tedium.

Having Ezra's help was a bonus.

He called the Rookie in to meet him in private, and asked him for a simple service- in exchange, he wanted to know how he was doing. It was simple small talk really. Before Alice he had to do his checks. The people that mattered at least, needed checking up on- Keith provided him the details of what he knew, and so it was up to the Dante himself, to do the rest.

They talked- and then after a time, Dante had excused himself from Ezra's presence that morning on the 31st of October. A desire to attend to other affairs.

Already he had one of his own in the East, delivering a message to Meirin that would reach her soon that he would let her know shortly that he would be coming to talk to her again- and to not be mad for him deciding not to come back after Shen had attacked him.

The message was sent, and then there were other people he had to meet and a list of information to sort through. Already transformed as Jasper before he arrived in West, Dante moved about with carefree air, but a purpose.

His contacts had eyes on the most noteworthy of Tigers. The people that had the potential to be problems or advantages. Hours before he met Ezra, through a private server and a cryptic email- he had been informed of some activity with Idol. She was scoping out the Tigers, but not just a peruse or skim, she was scoping out specific ones.

Time and a place however, he'd look into her after.

What came next were a series of visits. Elias was first. The meeting brought insight into multiple things in relation to Alice's vanishing act. Not only that but it stressed a need to schedule an appointment soon. With the revelations provided by Elias, Dante went straight for Charmy. He waltzed in, flopped himself over her, like the dumb idiot he was, winked- and demanded her attention.

A conversation, short, as it was- with him readjusting himself off her, was insightful. He got to know briefly, not in heavy detail, what she had been doing during the Alice disappearance, what she had been up to in the last 4-6 weeks he had been gone.

Working together in the casino allowed for some familiarity, and his habit of checking up on others was something she would have known since he tended to do it at random times out of nowhere. So when he poked her, quite literally, in the side requesting to know how she'd been while he had been getting into fights of the underground sort, even if it was a blatant lie, the act wasn't just pure opportunism- but was genuine curiosity to see how she had been.

After their talk- he went after Wren.

With an energy appendage, Dante grabbed Wren and pulled her into a hug. Oh yes- it might have come as a surprise, but it was just Jasper's style, acting without thinking- even if his enraged energy appendage had wrapped a finger over her mouth to keep her from ordering him to release her.

The response from that little stunt, was understandably irate. After all, no one in a gang liked being jumped from behind, silenced and then pulled into a hug.

Granted, Dante's waggling brows even as an Orc had a disarming effect to some degree- hopefully, and he engaged the friend he made before joining the Tigers, with banter. Catching up. Asking her how she had been since he hadn't seen her in quite literally, months given how busy he had been. It was good to catch up.

It was nice, for a brief moment, to drop the act, rest his head on her lap...and enjoy silence.

Eventually, he parted with her too. And when he did, he did it with some sadness.

He would have liked to just relax, but he couldn't. Life did not wait for anyone after all.

Other meetings, brief ones, occurred and Dante used the information he gathered over the next few days into November to decide what he would be doing next.

The final meeting he had was once again, with Ezra- whom he found he rather liked quite a great deal, just as much as Wren had taken a liking to him.

In this final meeting with Ezra, Dante revealed some details of his life as Jasper, the orc the Tigers knew. For there was a sense of familiarity he felt with Ezra that he could not shake, so the conversation went there. And as they went, he understood why the Knight felt so familiar. He had met him before- it clicked, in one of Jasper's matches, not in a personal fight- but one of the contenders to be fighting on the stage.

He made an offer to Ezra, a suggestion really; He could train him, free of charge, for the exchange that he would be able to make him into a more genuine friend. It was an offer Dante suggested he think about it- and then, intentionally, let slip that on this day- on this time, he would be meeting with Alice- and he'd be welcome to join them if he wished.

November 5th, he finally had it down- late, dark- the sky was decorated with barely any stars, graced with light only thanks to the moon. Dante moved like he had when he was forced to confront Bash- with purpose.

As Jasper he walked past the decorated garden, the fountain spewing water, and into what he had nicknamed the Princess' Penthouse, Alice's castle. He hadn't been there in awhile since the last time he left her his message- from what Elias had shown him, from the information he had gathered, from what Keith had informed him of the interactions he had with the Tiger's trophy, she was now more alert than she ever had been.

The Tiger didn't feel pleased about that- all he felt was relief knowing that she now knew just where she was.

When Dante entered, the guards in the ground floor all looked his way, and the guests that were collecting their final dues from the gamblels were being told to pack it up. He scanned the perimeter and noticed that it was quite bereft of occupants. Few guards on the first floor. They eyed him like an intruder, his presence unwanted, and he knew why the security had been upped-- Markus or someone with sense, worried that Alice may just be swept away, or worse.

Ignoring the eyes of the guards, who then shifted their attention to escorting out the final batch of rich occupants from the premises, Dante found himself stopped at the floor which would take him to Alice's private quarter area. The head of security, eyed him with a flat look in his eye.

"Turn around buddy, visiting hours are wrapping up soon and the Miss does not have any private scheduled meetings."

Jasper, rose his brow in surprise, an 'ohhhhhh' escape his lips. The guard did not look amused, neither did the other four in the room.

"Could I just--"

A shove and he was pushed backwards. The guard nodded for him to begin moving towards the exit. The other guards flanking the walls, eyed him.

"Got it." Dante grinned, finger guns popping with a 'pew pew' from his mouth as he back-walked away. "I'll just make myself scarce"

The guard rolled his eyes.

Jasper stopped, did an about turn. "Of course, what if I said I didn't really want to leave?" He grinned a fanged smile. "What would you do about it then?"

The guard's eyes narrowed. The four at the walls moved together in unison. "Ooooh, we playin' games? C'mon guys, I'm just here to see my girl- that's all."

One of them, a scaled looking guy with horns- snorted. "Doubt it."

Jasper frowned. "What, you think I'm not good lookin enough to get a good catch?"

"Good looking, sure, her though--" One of the females on his left responded as they closed in, her hands igniting with a red aura- the other one's eyes glowing as the veins in her body began to gain the same glow. Reds looked him up and down, licking her lips and an air of sultriness in her tone."Bitch may be pretty, but its Highly unlikely someone with your build goes after an inexperienced pea like her."

The red aura shot out and Dante countered it with an energy construct from his palm.

"Who knows" The horned Tiger dodged Dante's sweeping Energy strike as he retaliated on his approach. "Maybe he's a freak like that"

The glowing veiny Tigress followed up with a blitz around, striking Jasper in the jaw in a blur of motion as she ran through, the construct he was using to shield himself with fractured as he was dazed, and then with a push, Reds broke through with her aura and ensnared Jasper in her aura field, lifting him into the air as he massaged his jaw.

"Hahaha, alright alright guys- c'mon, let's not do anything we'll regret." He laughed appeasingly. "We're not dating, you're right- I just wanted to see my buddy is all, is that a big deal?"

"Ox" Reds said, ignoring him, "What do you want to do with him?"

"Toss him outside, we got patrol work to do anyway now that Floor teammates are clocking out." Turning his attention to the airborne Dante, the Tiger scowled in his direction. "Show up here again without an appointment and I'll make sure we do more of a number on that 'pretty face' of yours. C'mon, lets get going before the princess shows up and starts making complaints on all this dumb noise." Muttering under his breath about being done with 'dumbasses and drunk idiots' for the day.

Mentions: BluEndings BluEndings Lucem Lucem Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Damafaud Damafaud The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit @Kyuubey QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel angel doe angel doe

Interactions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

Last edited:
PEYTON XIONG
SCENE:
I Won't Become a Monster!!
Ice Cream Shop (a Few Blocks from Tri's Lab), North District
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1 || February 19th, 2015
PARTICIPANTS:
Damian, Peyton
I WON'T BECOME A MONSTER!!
Peyton sat crisscrossed in one of his favorite ice cream shop's booths. He chomped down on his sorbet in a cone-- a delicious cacophony of fruit. Snow drifted down outside, covering the ground in a pleasant wonderland. The inside of the shop was warm and cozy, a welcome escape from the outside cold.

In his hand between the pages of an open book, was a scrap of paper. Instructions were carefully printed on it, but despite that, Peyton found that he couldn't figure out where to start, nor how to follow them. It was an admittedly easy set of instructions. Go to this address, and provide information about these serpent drugs to the person at the residence. If they ask for more details, clam up. But it was Peyton's first job with the Serpents.

He never could've imagined that he would be working as a gang member of the North when he signed up to be a lab rat. It made sense though. If Peyton had chosen to repay his debts in the West, he would've been indoctrinated into the Tigers.

Peyton rolled his shoulder and winced. Today's experimentation session was the reason why he sought a job as a gang member. The treatment had been torture. The fluid injected into his arm had made him writhe in discomfort. It was like mites were wiggling within him.

"You really made me work today," Peyton had remarked to Paris with a weak grin after the session. He had wiped the sweat that formed on his forehead and joked, "Maybe I should ask for a raise."

"Don't push your luck. Your pay is already the best among the rats here," Paris had responded, his ice cold golden eyes flitted towards Peyton, "Ask around for a job if you need more. Say you are mine if anyone tries to kill you. No motherfuckers can kill what's mine."

Peyton had snickered about Paris 'owning him,' but decided to heed Paris's words. He had learned early on that it was wise to take Paris's advice. The guy was smart, after all. Besides, he could get behind some extra money that didn't involve as much pain as experimentation.

And so, after a bit of asking around, Peyton found himself in an ice cream shop with a set of instructions he couldn't follow. Granted, this wasn't the Peyton of the modern day, so it was understandable. His hair was a fluffy monochrome of black, his eyes sky blue from his eye contacts, and he was clad in graphic pastel tees. He hummed carefreely along to the music playing in the background. Red high heels clicked together absentmindedly like a fidget toy. He had neither the experience nor viciousness for a gang job.

"Well crap," Peyton said, taking the paper and closing the book on it like a bookmark. He realized that he had no choice but to ask for someone else's help. But he didn't have many connections he could call on. After all, he never needed them. He flipped through his phone to try to find people that he could contact for help. Definitely not Tri, Peyton somehow got the sense that he wouldn't be able to get his Uncle's help. Probably not Isobel, asking your debt collector from another gang to help out was not going to end well. Then Peyton stopped at a name on his contact list. Damian.

He had met the towering shadow of a man several times before. As he was a former lab rat, Peyton had been sure to grab his contact information just in case he needed some advice. Peyton had never felt like he needed to utilize it... but oh well. It was worth a try. He gnawed at his plastic spoon as he tried to figure out how to construct his text message, before settling on:

"Ahey! It's Peyton, wondering if you have time to help me with a gang job"​

Peyton paused for a bit, then his fingers continued to fly across his phone screen.

"I'll sweeten the deal with icecream on me and you can have half the earnings"​

After attaching his current location, Peyton set his phone back down on the sticky plastic surface of the ice cream shop table. He took his spoon and scooped up some sorbet, savoring the sweet and fruity flavor. There was no other choice but to wait for Damian's reply. If he wasn't able to help... well, Peyton would worry about things then.

Last edited:
Yuto Nishimura
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
Yuto pouted, watching his wrists twirl lazily in his cuffs. How long had it been already? Two days? Four? The three eyed boy had stopped counting after the first.

When he first had awakened here, he was of course- perplexed. Hadn't he just been laying on concrete? It surely hadn't been all that long since he took a quick nap after the fight... He remembered first tasting the horrid trash this hospital called food, Immediately throwing the stupid tray and lunging at the first nurse he saw. He did get a bite just before he was tranquilized.. that had been the only decent taste he got out of anything since being brought here! it's been a while now since he saw any doctors or nurses in person- other than when he was drugged... Quite mysterious indeed.

He only awakened to see that stupid dull- plain substance displayed on a tray beside his bed... He unwillingly made himself scarf it down as fast as he could.

Yuto laughed to himself, laying back and resting his cuffed wrists behind his head. Of course Yuto had contemplated escaping multiple times but... Well- if his best friend brought him out of concern or something- it would only upset her if he left... He couldn't have that on his
conscience. It wasn't often he even went to hospitals. He much preferred dealing with injuries on his own... But perhaps it was the best option- considering whatever Taffy did to him was still running through his veins at the time. He couldn't really deal with that on his own- now could he?

No! It was Yuto's own- smart decision to come here! (Even though he was brought here without conscious knowledge.)

He started humming a small tune, his crossed leg's foot bumping slightly to the rhythm. Yuto was surprised he didn't lose his mind out of boredom from this psychotic place already!

Alicia Morel
SCENE:
Checking In
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Dante
Checking In
Another notice that her tea tasted bitter today.

Another day of asking the same old question: "When is my Mother coming back?"

And hearing the same old answer: "She's busy right now."

The same old lie.

Alice remembered the way that the Tigers grinned and chuckled as she walked by. She believed they were charmed—loving and kind to the young girl that was Alice. It was the sole reason she thought of them as friends. Now? All she felt from those same smiles was a sinister smugness: pride in the fact they were hiding things from her, and have been for nearly her entire life.

Now? It disgusted her.

Several times did someone offer her Ezra's ability to fix the scar running down her face and through her eye, and several times did she refuse. Who knew what other powers came with a Tigers' touch? Janay, to hide her from the world... Elias, to hide the world from her... But given time, she supposed there was credit where credit was due.

Elias told her the truth. The truth about everything. From her mom, to the Tigers' methods keeping her here, and why, but at the same token coming clean about the weighing amount of memories he locked away. At first she denied it all; refused to believe something as brazen as that. This was, after all, her home—and her family. But the longer she dwelled, keeping to herself in her lonesome penthouse, the more it all clicked.

Specifically of Dante, and the time he visited her so long ago; told her to question these things more, asked of what she knew of the gangs and her own mother. If there was anyone in the West she desperately hoped could hear her, it was him... Yet he never did come for any of the long days she waited.

Alice had to mold back into her old life, but what should have been an easy feat only gave her dread. She couldn't muster up the same, genuine smile she gave to every visitor high on her tea... She felt weirdly out of place.

Tonight proved to be shaping up like every other past night: sleepless and dreary. All her thoughts were left to herself, and that's what she hated the most. Alice remained out on her balcony, overlooking the beautiful city of the West District for at least an hour. She figured to at least get some good sleep for tomorrow, though, and so she returned indoors... when she heard a faint clatter at her penthouse entrance.

From a small monitor in her bedroom, she glanced at the display out her door. Any hint of sleepiness disappeared in that instant.

Alice rushed out her penthouse, out of breath from the sudden use of energy as she finally met eyes with the late night guest. "Dante?!" Except, he looked far from well, solely because of the band of Tigers placed out her door lobbing him in the air! Alice stepped forward to the group. "Unhand him! He's a dear friend of mine, and you're being far too rough! Must I place a call to have you all replaced by tomorrow morning?"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Passeri Park
SCENE:
The Punchline
TIME:
February 12th, 2016 || Roland's Reign
PARTICIPANTS:
Passeri Park, Charmy Delvin
The Punchline
Metal lurched, and the crowd cheered. Passeri's jaw throbbed, a deep, dull pain spreading throughout her skull. Blood wept from her nose, and her skin, usually white as snow, had begun to swim purple and red.

She was really glad that she didn't have to worry about doing any shows anytime soon.

"Yer makin' this too easy, girlie." Passeri scowled, an expression of burning regret plastered across her features. Even with her face obscured as much as it was, the audience could tell she was desperate. Her opponent had been throwing her around for minutes now, his Potential, something physical and simple, affording him a keen advantage in the ring's restrained environment.

The crowd didn't know it, but she wasn't doing too well on energy either. Her supply had been scarce in the first place, deprived of live shows as she currently was, and she'd already used quite the affordance of in just trying to survive her shit-eating opponent's constant harassment.

This had been a mistake.

She breathed heavily, her eyes just barely alight with her Potential's glow, and readied herself and her constructs for his next attack. He smirked in turn, a clear, white energy pouring out of his skin, and then he was on her again. His body crossed the ring faster than she could track, and another blow, quick and heavy, slammed into her ribs. Passeri's body, almost an entire foot smaller than her foe's, was wrenched up into the air by the force of the blow, and she slammed into the wall again. She coughed blood into her mask, but her mind remained clear, willing a swarm of her constructs to descend upon her foe. A cloud of pink, jagged shards dug into the man's side, shredding his skin and buffeting him away from his victim.

He grinned.

"Now that's more like it!" His voice shone now, and his eyes glimmered, admiring the fresh smattering of wounds that littered his skin. "Hate it when they don't fight back!" While he shone with congratulation, Passeri struggled for breath, doubled over herself on the other end of the ring. She was pretty sure one of her ribs was cracked.

"Shut... Up..." She struggled to speak between breaths and constructs streaming back through the air and toward the man. She was pretty sure she was starting to figure him out. He charged headlong into the swarm, streams of bright red exploding from his skin, but all of them were superficial at best. He was on here again, his entire body lurching up and over her, poised to cave her skull in like a cardboard box. He brought his fist down, but Passeri's body dropped in turn, just barely evading his strike.

"Idi-" He started, scoffing at what he expected was now easy prey, but then Passeri's eyes sparked. There was a flash of light, a pure blazing pink, as she forced the last of her energy from her body and a heavy explosion rocked the arena. The man was lifted up, into the air, and then with every fibre of strength in her body, Passeri lept up, throwing him from the ring.

Ding-ding.

His body dropped onto the hard, concrete floor, the bell rang, announcing the end of the round. The crowd went silent, enjoying a moment of shocked stillness, and then-

~~~​

Even backstage, Passeri could still hear the crowd boo, outraged at the bloodshed that they had been robbed of. It was a new experience, and on any other day, it would've worried her, but the litany of bruises, scrapes, grazes and generalised injury that littered her body was keeping her well and properly distracted. She slumped into an old, ratty couch, tucked away in the corner of the room, and heaved the heaviest breaths that she could through the material of her mask.

Another crowd shuffled about in front of her, an assembly of the other night's other competitors, mingling amongst themselves as they either waited for their turn, or bragged about their success in the ring. It was a chance for them to forge connections, and...

Something or another. At the moment, she didn't care. Her head was buzzing, polluted with dual sensations of pain and exhaustion. She just wanted to rest.

Last edited:

(Jasper) Dante | West | The Princess Penthouse

Ox pinched the bridge of his nose the moment he heard Alice call out the Tiger's name.

Wait, Dante?

He looked at the orc man more closely. Facet? However any coherent thoughts were driven out the moment he heard Alice's order. With his back to her, his eyes already rolling, Ox had to force himself to keep the clear frustration out of his voice.

All he wanted to do, was get to patrolling so they could swing by the nearby bar's not far from the Penthouse, how much was that really to ask for? Just one damn drink was all he wanted.

He let loose with some heat in his voice in Alice direction, glancing over his shoulder. "Give me one good reason I should do that Princess" was Ox's immediate reply. "You seem to forget we're just doing our job here"

In the background, though slightly muffled from within the bubble, Dante could be heard saying: "Oh! hey Alice!" he waved, a big grin on his face at hearing her before seeing her, then he stopped, as he leaned in.

"...Your eye..." the goofy air was gone in an instant, replaced with heartfelt concern. "Alice..." his voice sounded sad, "...you still have that wound?" Clear confusion in his voice. Something wasn't right. Had something happened while he was away? He knew perhaps she'd be distant, but he hadn't thought she would reject the suggestion of Ezra's help.

The other members of Alice's bodyguard however ignored what the Tiger was saying, and instead focused their attention on Alice.

"Yeah, yknow what, fuck this" Veiny--

In a warning tone that came from the horned Tiger as the veiny glowing one began moving forward, he called to her, "Kategra..."

"Quiet Slick", Kategra snapped back. A scowl on her face as she moved towards the shorter Alice, who came up just at just a little below her chin, "Look, Princess- you don't seem to understand something here. Our job, is to make sure you" she pointed a finger at roughly at Alice chest in a poke to make sure the petite bimbo got it through her skull, "don't go through what you experienced the last time someone stole you away. Is that what you want? Getting kidnapped again, and this time going through something worse? Hm?" She demanded. Clearly, just ready to get out of here and not willingly to put up with Alice's spoilt nature at having everything she wanted. "That's why people make appointments to see you. If he didn't go through the channels to make that appointment on time where we should know about it- then he's nothing but a trespasser in your home after hours. Frankly, I don't see why you can't see that. Whether you do have a thing with him going on or not- whether he's a Tiger or not, we're following the rules. He's going out. You two can handle your dirty business some other time, when I'm not on the shift."

Then muttered as she turned away, "you can sink your pretty little teeth on my ass, if you think I'm just gonna take being bossed around by some little bitch that just sits there looking pretty day-in and day-out.." her eyes flickering up towards one of the hidden cameras on the ceiling above, Dante's eyes following the look.

"Tegra--" Slick cut into her muttered insults, and she whirled on him.

"Fuck off Slick, she needed to hear that. Bout time someone put her in her place that she's not better than us, just because the top brass likes to dance to her tune to keep her happy."

Reds on the other hand pulled Dante down, her hands still glowing, and whirled the ball around so he was facing her.

"So...after we toss you out of here, you got any other plans?"

"We'll be going Alice. Have a good night. We'll make sure nothing disturbs your evening." Ox stated, as he, Red, Slick, and Kategra- began making their move towards the exit to leave her floor.

Jasper turned away from Reds in his bubble prison, glancing at Alice once, a small smile on his face that was his way of saying: 'Sorry'.

Before Reds and her capture, were the first to disappear down the flight of stairs.

Ox was the last to follow the others.

"Don't worry, we'll keep an eye out to make sure no one disturbs you tonight."

An hour passed after Dante was forced out. Whether If Alice looked out all she'd see were the distant dots of moving guards surrounding her penthouse.

Gilded cage. That was what Dante had called her home. She was trapped in a golden gilded cage, and perhaps it was only really hitting her now how true that really was.

It could have been minutes, maybe even half an hour- but before sleep ever came, she heard noise from outside. Movement, then silence. Was it him?

For a brief moment there was a noise. Like he was calling to her. Then his voice was gone.

Till from her peripheral vision, the edge of her perception, she saw a shadow, move-- and there he was.

Jasper frowned at her. Scratches on his exposed arm scaled skin, a small cut on his cheek. He looked like he had just been in some kind of fight.

Probably had been in several just to get here.

Immediately he was approaching her. "Alice, what's going on?" Fingers came up to touch her face- but then he immediately pulled them back. That was wrong, he shouldn't be acting so familiar- he backed away. His eyes locked on her. "I talked to" he was going to say more-- but then he stopped.

Glowing bright, his skin gaining a green light, Jasper released it- and the whole room was flooded in the green energy. Dante's eyes were closed. The energy went by Alice, feeling both warm and cold at the same time. There was a odd sense of warmth to it as it passed through her body, and a sense of chill that radiated from its presence around her. Dante swept through the whole room, top to bottom, before the energy was sucked back into him.

He turned, moving towards a potted plant, ripped it out, and then pulled out a device.

Crushing it in his palm.

He moved over to a light, unscrewed the glass casing, unscrewed the metal cover, and then carefully pulled a wire out-- ripped it.

Moved to the couch, dug his arm in between the cushions, grabbed and then ripped out a wire-- sliced it.

He did this all silently. Not saying a word. He knew they might bug her room. It was the logical thing to do.

It wasn't until after he had gotten through each room, that he finally came in and said:

"We should be good now. I'm sorry." He said while he kept eye contact, the genuine sorrow in his voice palpable. "I couldn't tell you myself until you had evidence. I see that even when Elias was telling you, you still didn't entirely believe what he said. That's why I didn't. I couldn't tell you anything when there was a chance you would just give me up to your guards or other Tigers if you became curious. I'd be putting my life in danger for an act of kindness that would just stab me in the back- now that you know though?" He shrugged. Turning his gaze to look around the room. "You needed to experience this for yourself to break that illusion, and now you have."

"Look" he said- "I like you Alice. I like you a lot. At your core, you're a good person- that's what drew me to you when I realized it, but who knows how this is going to change you. When I found out you were gone, I was worried- so worried I almost stopped what I was planning to do to come look for you- but even if I found you, I still didn't have the evidence to convince you. And I didn't want to be part of the hunters that brought you back to your cage."

"In a way, I was selfish..." he traced a line over his own eye. "And you got hurt because of it. Or maybe it wouldn't have mattered if I were there or not at all." Lost in his own thoughts, Dante continued.

"To be honest with you, I'm in this city with a goal. I'll make one thing clear with you here, I can't have anyone obstructing those goals-- not my family not my friends, not a fling or a lover...not a soul, I've done some things my past self would be ashamed of- that's why I avoided revealing the truth to you. Because I knew you wouldn't believe me and in the worst case, knew you could get me killed. Intentional or not, I can't have all the effort I'm putting in go out so pathetically. I'm taking a risk telling you all of this right now. I don't even know if you believe what I'm saying now. You don't have any evidence to confide in me. And that's good- keep that doubt with you. In this city, in this gang, with any gang, even in that friend Charlie you made, the Scarlet Phoenix, you always want to watch how people act vs what they say.

"Actions tell you who a person really is. And even then, you have to watch them closely to see if how they behave around you, greatly changes when they are around other people also. You want to watch them very carefully. The Tigers treated you like friends and family, but look what they've been doing to you your whole life. Sheltering you and using you for money and keeping you happy to keep you from being curious. That's not a healthy relationship, and I want you to be able to identify with your own eyes, what relationships you think are healthy, and what are factually not. You probably don't believe me, maybe you think I'm just here to trick you and use you like how this gang has, I won't give you empty platitudes or promises that I am a good guy-- this city has tainted me much like it's tainted everyone else. I just wanted to check up on you."

Bronze slitted eyes surveyed their surroundings before landing on her face.

The eyes locked on her eyepatch. "I can see you're managing as best you can though." Silent for a few seconds.

"If you think I truly am untrustworthy though, I'll leave if that's what you want. If you think you can believe me, then I'll return the favor- ask me anything, a personal question- and I'll give you an answer."

The question was, could Alice trust that- or was he probably just playing a game to ultimately use her too? He had his goals but he hadn't said what they were, he admitted to being a bad guy- but what was bad and what was good now that her world had been fractured.

The thoughts swirled, the tension built. The Tiger waited patiently.

Mentions: Lucem Lucem

Interactions: AriAriAbabwa AriAriAbabwa

DYNE ENJYRE
SCENE:
Nightlife Tryst
TIME:
Post-Arc 1/Pre-Arc 2—2021, September 19th—9:10 PM
South District's Nightlife District, East-side
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Dyne Doctor Llamabean Doctor Llamabean
Nightlife Tryst
<< Previous Post

Or so she said. Her blazer drooped forward as Dyne leaned against the counter, peering to those orange eyes with a smile half-teasing in intent.

The tall glass, rosy and sweating in cold glaze blossomed her red lips. She indeed did not guess wrong on the fun of the young lion. Adventurous, that she liked, but also not ignorant of the colorful minutiae that decorated such a life. Dyne swept strands of hair aside, a mischievous thought forming with a smile.

"What if I lied to you, darling?" A giggle suppressed before it laughed. She took a sip of the drink. Swirled, playing it under the light. "No bank, no bastard, all so I can get closer... This close."

An invinsible force pulled Boltius and his chair closer. Forceful, like the start of a rollercoaster and ended smooth like a gentle push against a mattress. Their elbows touched, their exhale overlapped. She held his wrist with the glass' dew on her fingertips. Cold, but warm under like the dancing light in her eyes. Her hair fell again as she tilted her head, saying sweetly, "then, what do you think, darling?"

>>Next Post

Attachments

• Dyne - Business Casual.png
    Dyne - Business Casual.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 470
Alicia Morel
SCENE:
Checking In
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Dante
Checking In
Alice remained silent throughout it all, staring at each person with a blank stare. Just like every other time, she did not dare to speak against her Tiger "friends," letting it all go by in the same monotonous routine of "sitting there and looking pretty." But one of the them in particular, Kategra, grabbed her attention by the throat. She spoke harshly and brutishly, donning a tone with words that cut and dug at Alice. For once, her blood boiled, and for once, she felt like doing something—anything to get back at her... But in the end, nothing was done or said, and the group of guards took their leave, leaving the princess alone in silence and taking her one true friend with her.

As the doors closed behind her, she fell back as to lean on them, sliding to the ground...

And she smiled. For, for once, she was not indulged in same old lies glazed with that manufactured sweetness. It was the cold, hard truth.

If Dante was back at last, they could certainly meet at a later date. As the hour ticked by, Alice calmed herself. She really should be going to bed, now.

Though as fate had it, it seemed she'd be staying up for just a little longer. The night did not end there; there came a racket outside, and just as she wondered about the noise, he returned—albeit looking even worse for wear. Just what had he done to get here rather than wait for tomorrow? She stood still as Dante reached for her... then retracted, then going about her room to disable the many bugs placed around—ones she didn't even know existed.

Only then did he begin.

Dante explained himself, first and foremost: why he left her with cryptics instead of the truth, the kind of caution he held for himself, why he didn't look for her when she was "gone." In the next moment, he was fretting over her. "Experience" this, "change" that... All things she'd have found grating coming from someone else, yet she couldn't bring herself to lash out at Dante. Or, at the very least, not him specifically.

"Did... Did Elias tell you about Charlie? How many people did he tell?!" Alice finally lurched forth, worry instilled in her eyes. It only lasted a few seconds, however, before she retreated back to her original stance. "I'm sorry... for yelling... But if he's put in any danger because of Elias, then... I don't know what I'd do."

Dante's words stuck themselves in her mind; actions. There was the age old saying of how actions spoke louder than words, but at the same time that phrase spoke volumes now. "I believe you, Dante... I recall everything you said last time we met. It lines up. And... I want to trust you. The way you speak is not like any of the other Tigers I know, not artificial nor brash. And even though you tell me to have doubt... I still can't deny to myself that everyone has at least some goodness deep in their hearts. Besides, I don't think it matters what I think... I'm powerless against everyone."

Alice did carry doubt. That doubt landed on one part of Dante's ramble. He says "city" as if everybody here is mad like the Tigers, but surely that isn't true. As Alice said to him, goodness exists in everyone's hearts, even if they don't show it. "I... have one question..." All they need is the right nudge. "Do you think it's possible to fix the Tigers?"

The Regal Rper The Regal Rper

Peyton Xiong
SCENE:
Sir, This is a Hospital
TIME:
PARTICIPANTS:
Peyton, Yuto
Sir, This is a Hospital
It took a bit of sneaking around and a bit of getting lost, but in the end, Peyton did find his way to room 18. The room had glass walls, which maintained privacy with a curtain. From the window, Peyton could see someone resembling Yuto. But as he crossed the hallway to reach the room, a nurse-- the same one that had been ordered to check up on Yuto, reached the door first. Thank goodness they had arrived first. If Peyton had been in Yuto's room when the nurse went in, things wouldn't be good. But it did mean that Peyton had to pretend to aimlessly wander the halls while he waited for the nurse to finish the routine check up.

However, he was in luck. The nurse stared at the doorknob for a few seconds before shaking their head and declaring, "No, fuck this. I'm not losing an arm to that thing."

Then, oddly enough, the nurse left, walking by Peyton. Mind boggling. Why were they afraid to go into Yuto's room?

"Oh, you've been chained up," Peyton realized as he stepped into Yuto's room. He chuckled, "That's kind of funny."

So that was why the nurse was so terrified. Yuto must have acted like a rabid man and tried to hurt someone. Peyton closed the door behind him and took a seat at the edge of Yuto's bed-- dangerously close to grabbing range. With his adversary immobilized, Peyton couldn't finish the fight that they had two days ago, which Peyton felt a bit disappointed in. But he did have the opportunity to tease Yuto a bit.

"You look so docile like this," Peyton said, a mischievous grin adorning his face, "I never expected to see you in the same hospital, and not like this. You know, I should probably get payback for this lip wound you gave me last time by getting some of your blood right now."

Of course, this was a bluff. Peyton wasn't into the taste of people's blood. All Peyton wanted to tease a reaction out of Yuto. He liked feisty people because of the exciting interactions that came with them. Yuto was no exception, even if he was less verbally mean and more on the feral side.

Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed

Last edited:
RURIKO IKEDA
SCENE:
Date ???

TIME:
Friday, May 27th, 2022 || Post Arc 2

PARTICIPANTS:
Isaiah & Ruriko
DATE ???
Tonight, Ruriko felt a mixture of emotions: anxiety, exhaustion, and maybe even a little excitement. She felt exhausted from taking care of Xuefeng the entire day, the child was certainly more energetic now that he had gotten comfortable with the Dragons. At least he wasn’t kidnapped by Shen this time without warning — the last time that happened, it took her three hours to find them. However, after leaving Xuefeng in Kairong’s care for the night, she was preparing to go to the Catmosphere Kitty Cafe. She adored cats; any alley cats she found, she had to pet. The pastries there were also delicious. Those two reasons were why she was excited tonight but who she was going with was why she was also anxious.

Ever since Ruriko took in Xuefeng, she and Isaiah have been hanging out a lot. After the realization that she would be taking care of another living being, she knew she had to learn how to cook actual food. So, she asked Isaiah to teach her how to cook, and then occasionally rather than cooking lessons, he would prepare dinner for her and Xuefeng just to hang out. He was a good person, had she never met him, she wouldn’t have suspected him as part of a gang. Ruriko grew rather soft-hearted around Isaiah over the duration of the cooking lessons but soon enough, the two got busy with their respective roles in the gang and hadn’t really seen each other in a while. Until two days ago when he had approached her, noting that it’s been some time since they’ve spent time together and suggesting that they’d go somewhere. It was one thing to suggest hanging out and it was another thing of how he worded it. Ruriko interpreted it as him asking her on a date. She was so flustered when he asked that she barely was able to mumble ‘yeah, sure’ and that she would text him about the details before portaling herself the hell out of there.

Now that she was within minutes of the date officially starting, she felt an overwhelming wave of anxiety. Ruriko had known Isaiah ever since his father’s crimes against the gang were revealed, yet she didn’t expect him to have any interest in her. She considered asking him beforehand if he meant this gesture as a date or just a friend thing but she knew she would immediately feel embarrassed about whatever answer he would give her so it didn’t matter.

Normally, Ruriko preferred wearing streetwear— baggy pants, sweatshirts, anything breathable and comfortable. Yet, she wanted to dress nicely for some embarrassing reason. So, she donned a purple floral yukata with a white obi and traditional sandals. It was probably the nicest thing she owned in her wardrobe.

‘Fuck, is it too late to call out sick?’

She thought to herself as she stepped through a portal and found herself in front of Isaiah’s apartment door. Usually, she would portal right through into his kitchen but her anxiety forced her to practice common courtesies. Ruriko stood there in silence for a moment, debating if she should knock on the door or do a backflip back through her portal. ‘How embarrassing,’ she took a deep breath before knocking on the door three times.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Ezra Knight
CS Link
SCENE:
Checking In
PARTICIPANTS:
Alice, Dante, Ezra
CHECKING IN
Ezra kept his back pressed against the wall, hoping that neither of the room's occupants would suddenly turn their attention to him. Silently listening to their conversation under the cover of limited darkness definitely wasn't a good look, and he didn't want to know what would happen to him if he was mistaken for an intruder. Although, under these circumstances, would it really be a mistake? He certainly wasn't invited inside, but he never intended to eavesdrop. This was all just one big mistake.

When Dante first came to him with the offer to train alongside Alice, Ezra wasn't sure how to feel. Dante had been helping him out ever since he joined the Tigers, showing a surprising amount of kindness he hadn't expected to see in a gang. However, paranoia-fueled thoughts always had a hold on him. Even if he didn't distrust the Veteran on a personal level, he had a tendency to overthink and expect the worst out of most situations. It didn't help that friendliness often came across as suspicious.

He still didn't fully understand why a Veteran would be so concerned with him, even going as far as to see how he was faring after missions. And all Dante wanted in exchange for training was friendship? Ezra really struggled to wrap his head around it. However, his personal feelings didn't really matter. What really mattered was his mission to build his reputation and secure influence. His father never would've let him hear the end of it if he let this chance slip by. So, despite his hesitation, he decided to visit the location he'd been given.

On the way to the casino, he kept thinking about Alice and everything he'd heard about the incident at the mall. While there were still many things that eluded him, he was glad to hear that the young girl had been found. He'd been worried about her ever since she went missing, and her return helped deal with the nagging voice in his head. However, he'd heard some other things that were just as concerning as the news of her disappearance.

Apparently, Alice had suffered an injury during the time she was gone. While he didn't know the specifics, he understood that it was bad enough for people to start offering him up as a medical bag. He was used to that, and he wouldn't have minded treating the girl's wounds. However, he never got the call to come and do so, as Alice had rejected every offer made in his place. While he wasn't particularly broken up about it, not knowing the reason behind her refusal was a bit worrying. He'd hoped that the meeting would give him some insight, but it seemed like there would be a few obstacles.

The first thing he saw upon arrival was Dante picking off guards as he skulked around the area. It wasn't a great first impression, only validating his initial apprehension. Still, he chose to stay. He followed after the orcish man, constantly trying to reassure himself that he wasn't going to get in a heap of trouble. I was invited here. I was invited here. I was invited here. I was...

And so, here he was, hiding in a corner while two Veterans talked about some very concerning things. It wasn't as if he was intentionally trying to keep out of sight and listen in. It was just difficult to reveal himself and interrupt them, especially when he considered the topic of their conversation

Dante's goals? Friends in the Phoenixes? Fixing the Tigers? There was a lot to take in, and he didn't fully comprehend any of it. However, if there was one thing he understood, it was that he shouldn't be hearing any of this. That was made more than clear when Dante went around the room destroying several recording devices.

BLITZ (Boltius Beckman)
SCENE:
Lost on Bourbon
TIME:
Pre-Arc 1—2021, June 5th (Friday)—1:00 AM
Somewhere outside of the city; Chained up on a stage...
PARTICIPANTS:
Boltius, Hector
LOST ON BOURBON
“Me?!” Boltius, as well, struggled against his restraints. “I ain’t got shit to do with this, and you sayin’ that makes me think that you do!!” His voice lowered, “Fuckin’ come at me,” becoming an incoherent, strained grumble as his fight persisted.

“Tell ya what, I’ll get outta these damn chains before you do… Once I figure out why the fuck I can’t use my potential.”

Saying that, he struggled a bit longer before deciding all at once to take a quick power nap per his drunken stupor. He laid back against the wall, arms limp at his sides, legs sprawled, and blinked slowly at Hector, and he stared for a while without a thought in his brain.

Something told him… They might be here for a hot minute.

Just beyond the thick, steel-reinforced door behind which they were bound by chains, the Doctor with the thick accent from before stood in a long, red-walled corridor lit dimly by ceiling-hung lights that swayed gently back and forth. Approaching him was a group of five large, black-suited men, each of their faces hidden behind a guise of different sorts.

When they stopped, the man at the front spoke up. “Are they ready?”

NPC_LostOnBourbon_Doctor.png
The Doctor was quiet for a moment. Then, a nod. “Retty enuff.”

“D’ya think it’s like that fuckin’ Tampon? The Serpent motherfucker. Dumb little bitch.” asked Boltius as he stared at his hands, curling his fingers into and out of fists, fists that bore the mark of many battles, that one might fail to notice at a distance. Hell, even Boltius forgot about them from time to time—the many scars that dressed the body of a gangster.

Just then, the sound of deadbolts being turned caused the orange-haired Phoenix to jolt, and he quickly moved to his feet.

When the steel-reinforced door swung open, ten men filed in, one after the other. Three of them carried stun batons, another held two blindfolds, and one was shaking up a transparent bottle containing an unknown substance.

Boltius looked at Hector then back at their new company.

Sweat beaded on his forehead, yet a daring smile spread across his lips as if to say, “Try me, bitch.”

Elsewhere in that gothic factory, a bright stage was set before a murmuring crowd of, easily, two-thousand people. Hardly a one of them wore his face bare for all to see—rather, masks upon masks of varying essence made up the majority.

Guards stood at attention along the left, right, and back walls. A cluster of them were positioned at the entrance, confiscating whatever they saw fit from coming guests. Should a single soul step out of line, they had an arsenal of tools at their hips to set one straight.

Back and forth on the stage, a woman fiddled flauntingly with a mic as she paced. Waiting. Smiling. Holding off until the perfect moment to begin the show…

Then it came.

The Doctor strode onto stage with his hands behind his back, whispered something in her ear, and was gone as quickly as he’d arrived.

NPC_LostOnBourbon_Bravatia.png
“Then…” The woman tapped the mic and it rang to life with a, “Testing~ Testing~... Oh- Helloooo, my wonderful guests!”

The crowd applauded.

“Tut, tut, tut~ Thank you, thank you! Simmer down, now! We have much to show this night! A rather grand inventory, you see…. A night unlike any other, so let us skip the foreplay and get right to it, for I am simply too excited to wait any longer!... Tell me, we have all heard of New Oasis, The Four Kings, yes?!.... Of course, we have, who am I kidding?… Their esteem! Their reputation! Their power and influence! They are gods to be feared as they rule with their might, are they not!?”

The crowd cheered.

“Yes! YES!! WHICH IS WHY I AM PROUD TO PRESENT TO YOU!” Slowly, the massive black curtain behind the woman began to rise as she positioned herself to the far left of the stage. Rising and rising, its ascension revealed, at first, fifteen pairs of feet, then legs, then lower torsos, and up and up it continued until the blindfolded faces of each prize were revealed and illuminated brightly by the spotlights shining on them.

“HECTOR!... MOSES!” There were fifteen people, with Hector at the forefront of the triangle in which they stood, chained by the wrists and ankles to anchors in the floor. “ACE!... OF THE SCARLET!- PHOENIXEEEES!”

The crowd gasped, then silence followed.

The woman laughed nervously. “AHA! WELL… WELL, DON’T BE SHY! If you’re looking for something a little less extreme, I present to you!-” She made her way over to the formation and pointed the audience’s attention toward Boltius, who was positioned diagonally behind Hector’s left—on the right side of the stage. “Also a member of the Scarlet Phoenixes! Boltius! Beckham!”

“OH, COME OOON! IT’S FUCKIN’ BECKMAN, IT AIN’T THAT HARD TO FUCKIN’ REMEMBER, YA DUMB BITCH!”

“Oh- whoop… Sounds like someone needs a gag!”

“Huh?”

“Yoohoo~! Guards! If you would, please.” At the beckoning, a few black-suits rushed onto stage.

“YOU WANNA FUCKIN’ DIE!?” He said this, but his body was heavier than it had ever been before. Doubting himself wasn’t something he often did… but it sure was a nagging thought, right about now. He couldn't see, but still he tried to struggle against the hands now wrestling him into submission. WhiskeyMarten WhiskeyMarten
BOLTIUS NOTES​
— —Boltius is currently shirtless and wearing his usual golden earrings, chains, and rings + some sweatpants and shoes

— —Tattoo Reference (X)

— —Physique Reference, since his face-claim art doesn't accurately depict it (X) (X)

— —SCENE RECAP: Boltius and Hector have been removed from the room in which they were previously chained up, and are now being displayed on stage before a crowd of two-thousand people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back