• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New Dragon RP Interest Check

ChoShadow

That One Fear In My Enemy's Eyes
Hey everyone! ChoShadow here!

Currently I was struck by inspiration to make an RP focusing entirely on Dragons. The RP is actually something of "slice of life" featuring Dragons as opposed to a serious adventure with any kind of strict plot or anything like that.

Dragons in this RP exist in two forms: humanoid and Dragon.

Their humanoid form is to conserve energy and make it easier to move about in the mortal world without drawing attention to themselves as the Dragons are universally despised for their mastery of the skies and their unparalleled power compared to other mortal creatures. The Dragons, though they can be killed, are immortal because their souls cannot be destroyed (except for one very special circumstance which I'll detail in a bit) and they are reincarnated at a sacred Temple hidden from the mortal world which is presided over by a very special creature (also to be detailed very soon).

So even if your Dragon characters is ever killed in the RP you don't have to worry about it being a permanent death. You can reincarnate them within 10 days IC and get right back into the action before long.

So, about the special circumstance about Dragon souls being destroyed...

There is a singular entity in the world known as the Soul Reaper (no, this is not a Bleach reference even though the name is the same). The Soul Reaper exists as a being of Darkness which is immortal and cannot be damaged by anything other than the power of the Gods. Since the Gods exist in the Higher Plane and the bridge to the Mortal Plane was destroyed eons ago, there is no way for the Gods to destroy this beast.

It is a spectral entity, and it travels the world searching for souls to destroy thus denying them the ability to reincarnate and, if the souls are mortal, they are simply erased from all forms of existence. It is, in other words, the incarnation of true death in all its forms. If the Soul Reaper finds your soul, it's over.

Now, for the creature which oversees the reincarnation of Dragons.

This creature is a Dragon itself, at least in physical appearance. However, it is not a true Dragon. It is a magical being known simply as Mother, and it (yes, it, as it has no true identifiable gender of its own) is capable of creating life in the form of whatever shape it takes. Since it occupies the sacred Temple and the Temple is safeguarded by Dragons, Mother takes the form of a Dragon and lays eggs in which the embryos inside have no souls of their own. Instead they wait for the next waiting soul to inhabit the vessel so that the owner of the soul may live again in this new body. Once the soul is successfully fused to the body, the body gains the same abilities and knowledge of its previous life so it's as if the previously deceased Dragon never died.

Nifty, no?

So this RP is a HUGE work in progress, but I'm interested to see if anyone would like to hop on board for this. Again it's a slice of life RP for Dragons in a world where all of the humanoid mortal races despise them and hunt them whenever possible. Hiding in plain sight will be part of the RP. War will be part of the RP. And a whole other host of activities and dramatic happenings await us in this experience!

If you think this would be worth your time to join, let me know and I'll keep you posted on when the RP is created.

By the by I am working on a language for the Dragons to speak while they're in private, so if you like toying with fantasy languages then I will have a fully detailed and workable language ready for us in the next few days!

Till then, and thanks for taking the time to read this post!

~ ChoShadow

Definitely interested. Also do the dragons have access to any form of magic or just shape shifting and breath weapon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back