• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern New Beginnings foster home (Always open)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

TheNewGuy22

Legend
Welcome to New Beginnings group home.
Here at new beginnings, we believe every child deserves a forever home and a family that is why we do our best to make every foster child that comes through our doors feel welcome. It doesn't matter what they have done in their past or how many homes they have run from we don't care about any of that our only goal is to help them find their forever home. So what do you say ready to give us a try and find your New Beginning?

Foster child or facility staff member your roll in the story is your choice.

For questions head over to the OOC linked above

to submit a character please head over to the Character page linked above

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Roman_mystic_Dragon Roman_mystic_Dragon please go over to the characters page and post a character before starting the Rp

She stood at the front doors, barely visible in the dark. A rain-sodden blanket was wrapped around her shoulders. She didn't knock, didn't even move, just stood there.

Keenan sat in his caseworkers' car mindlessly staring out the window as rain poured down outside. He could hear his caseworker talking saying things like I really think this place will be good for you, I think you will really like it, and other things of that nature words Keenan had heard a million times before just meant to make him excited about the next home. He knew his caseworker meant well and was really trying to help him and frankly that's the only reason Keenan agreed to give this place a fair shot. After what seemed like hours the car came to a stop outside a building that hosted a brightly lit sign that read NEW BEGINNINGS FOSTER HOME. Keenan grabbed his bag stepping out of the car his caseworker quickly opening an umbrella and rushing to the other side of the car to cover him. " You Ready? " the caseworker said as Keenan stood starring at the building " well you say this is good so I guess," he said in a solemn voice before the two of them headed for the door. Keenan looked to his right and saw a girl just standing there soaked and clearly cold. He stopped dead in his tracks " what are you doing just standing out here...I am sure you can come inside. Right?" he looked over to his caseworker "yes. yes, of course, I am sure they will let you in.. come on sweetheart you're going to catch your death standing out here. " the caseworker said walking a bit closer to the girl. Keenan stood with an outstretched hand and a look on his face the read please come with us.

She shivered violently, and stepped back. "No. I... no." Then she saw the little boy's expression. She bit her lip, she didn't want to hurt the child. "I mean, okay. yes, fine. But... don't touch me, please."

"not a problem," Keenan said with a smile as they walked inside the building. For the next thirty or so minutes they got checked in, were given a tour and shown to their temporary rooms for the night. Keenan and Aranxa were placed in rooms right across from each other. Keenan spent the next little while getting settled in, but it wasn't long before he walked across the hall to the mysterious girl's room. He took a deep breath and softly knocked on the door. Waiting for her to answer Keenan began to get nervous and he could feel his heart beating like it was going to fly out of his chest.

Aranxa was sitting in her room, trying to wring out her soaked quilt when she heard the knock. Three short raps, loud and clear. She stood up and stalked over to the door. When she opened it, she saw a short boy, red hair, standing in front of her. His face was white with fear. Why? She wasn't that scary. At least not to someone who didn't know her.
"Hello, yes?" She asked, shaking her wet hair out of her face.

" ummmm H..hi i'm Keenan" He stammered extending his right hand. Keenan didn't know why he was so nervous but alas he was. He took a deep breath and slowly exhaled before beginning to speak again. " Sooooo.... why were you just standing outside in the rain, weren't you freezing?" he asks hesitantly a small smile on his face. " I mean you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want" he blurted out quickly so she wouldn't feel pressured at least thats what he hoped.

She raised her eyebrow, skeptical, but told him. "I don't have a caseworker. The state hates me. They told me to come here at five, that they were letting me know I was there, but I guess they forgot. I was waiting for someone to let me in, or throw something at me." May as well tell him at least part of the truth. Nothing to lose anymore.

(I am sooooo sorry I thought I had responded a long time ago)
Keenan listened feeling a bit concerned by what she had to say "h..hates you I am sure they don't hate you. Maybe they were just waiting for you to come to the door....yeah they probably didn't even know you were outside. I mean I have given them a lot of trouble and they still believe in me...Also, you don't have a caseworker? that's weird." he looked her in the eyes as he spoke keeping an eye on every expression hoping to figure this girl out. Something about her just... drew him in

Aranxa sighed, rubbing her temples. “They definitely hate me. Tried to accuse me of first-degree murder. Of course, they lost, because why would a child kill someone?” She shrugged. “I don’t know what I did. They just hate me. For no reason.” She paused. “Well, there actually is a reason. I’m difficult. They can’t keep me in one place for too long. I didn’t speak any English when I first came into their possession. They don’t like hard cases.”

"weeelll maybe you just got bad luck and had a bad caseworker cause mine has stuck with me through a lot and she never stops believing in me.. I mean I have done it all ran from homes, stolen things, gotten into fights. I mean I have been a real pain in the ass so there is no doubt I have been a difficult case I mean they even have to pay for my hormone treatments and phycologist. but at the end of the day, they say once you are here none of that matters the past is the past and this is your New Beginning. But I don't know I mean I promised my caseworker that I would give this a fair shot but honestly, I don't want to be placed in another home it will just be more of the same thing." Keenan stopped realizing he had just rambled for a solid few minutes he smiled awkwardly scratching the back head. " sorry, sometimes I get carried away and don't know how to stop talking." he looked at her and smiled a warm smile.

Aranxa blinked. "I mean, yeah, maybe. But I don't think it's the caseworkers. I think it's pretty much everyone. Hell, I don't even have a caseworker right now." She shook her head. "But, anyway. Tell me your story. I don't hear many other's stories."

I lift a hand to knock, yet hesitant. I stared at the wood under the dim light of the glowing sign overhead. I turned to face the car, awaiting a last approval.
Despite barely knowing this person, he's...okay. He gave a simple nod, before I turned to the door, huffing a warm breath in the cold rain.

As I was being led to my room for the night, I happened to pass by an open door, glancing at a girl and a boy conversing with each other. I lingered a while to watch, but moved on, worrying the possibility of invading another's privacy.
I simply plopped myself onto the...my bed, merely thinking of fatigue and of tomorrow.

But then, I'm hungry. I huffed a single breath before letting myself fall from the bed, sprawling my body over the cold floor.
Finally, I thrust myself up, heading to the door. When I went by the other room, I simply kept my head down. I can get to know them sooner or later.
I glanced around the kitchen, scanning the place for food. Firstly, I raided the fridge, finding a milk carton. Taking a few minutes of searching, I placed a glass mug on the table, filling it to the brim.
I made a move towards the mug, sipping from it with my hands under the table. If anyone spots me like this, wouldn't it be embarassing.
Speaking of which, where are the other residents in the time being?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back