• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Never Normal - A Superhero Vigilante RP

CloudyBlueDay

made up of opposites
cityscape-945432_960_720.jpg

jugglingoose.regular.png

"There's a fine line between justice and murder. Are you the one that wants to cross it?"

P L O T

In this world, super powers exist.

It's something that the population has always known about, and accepted, somewhat. Having super powers is a fickle matter. You still live. But most fear you, shun you, simply because you carry this gift you did not ask for. A gift you did not get to choose.

Some embrace it, while some go down below the surface and never come back up. We have "heroes". People who try to give supers a good name. Stupid people, who wear capes and spandex, and are so clouded with hope they fall before they get the chance to fly.

No. You're not that stupid.

You want to help. You believe that you can. But you're smarter then that. You know what you're about to delve into.. has to be done oh so carefully. You? You're not a hero. You're not a villain either. You were breaking the law before this just by existing, could it really hurt to break a few more?

A vigilante. That's what you are. Someone plain by day, something more by night. You do what you can to help this corrupted city, you do what you can to protect the innocent. But the key to staying alive? Confidentiality. You work alone.

Well, you did.

A powerful evil has awoken within Millennium City. Your city. He introduced himself as Umbra, and his motivation is unknown. He's killed over ten innocent and you've only know of his presence a week and just recently, took a fellow vigilante hostage. It's clear you're no match for him alone.. you decide it's best to hide.

That is, until you receive a message. A message from the vigilante Ditch. You've heard of them before - either a crazy skilled hacker or a super with technology related powers. They're known to close off bank accounts of criminals, cause cars to crash, and wreak havoc to those who deserve it. They're powerful. Why are they interested in you?

They suggest a meeting. They suggest banding together with other vigilantes in order to stop Umbra. Are you done working alone? Are you prepared to face this evil with a whole bunch of strangers?

You're life isn't going to be the same after this. But you were never normal anyway.

I N F O

ON SUPERPOWERS

Superpowers need to be balanced, with weaknesses and strengths. Superpowers will not be OP, I will make sure of that. I totally encourage unique, less popular powers, and even if you do something like fire manipulation, put a spin on it somehow! Make it.. so only fire comes out of your face! Oh wait.

But!

There are some superpowers that I am going to straight-up ban right now for plot purposes and OP-ness.

-Mind Reading/Telepathy

-Power Mimicry (my ultimate pet peeve of a power)

-Time Travel

There would be a lot more powers on this list, like super speed, teleportation, etc, but those can be accepted with careful moderation. Of course, these are superpowers. They're all OP in their own right. We're just trying to make it so that people can't go exploding people's heads and ruining the roleplay, aye?

ON ACTUAL ROLEPLAYING

I expect good grammar and minimal typos in your posts, which should be 2+ paragraphs. Though of course, everyone has off nights and the occasional typo gets past us, but do try. ;w;

Though I do want you guys to participate in helping the plot along, creating twists that relate to your character's past, it would be appreciated if you posted your ideas in the OOC, so everyone can offer their input, perhaps to make your idea even better! I, as the main GM, do plan to be the driving force of the RP, giving you a main goal to accomplish and bringing us all together, but I am totally for hearing your ideas, developing your characters, and more!

ON THE ARC AND CHAPTER SYSTEM

I will be running this roleplay through an arc system. The Umbra Arc consists of around eight chapters, and after that, we can explore many other possibilities in our wonderful city of mischief and mayhem. Some other arcs I have in mind are an arc exploring scientists, whom take advantage of powers, an evil political figure bad guy arc, an arc where powers malfunction, etc. You see, this RP is a reboot of one that I did on another site, and I have a lot of stuff already planned out. This RP could last a long time, and I'd even love to hear your ideas for arcs. Roleplays are a collaborative work, and while me and my co-gms will always have the final say, you, the player, will also be an incredibly large part in the shaping of this roleplay.

Because of this system, allowing the roleplay to last quite some time, this is considered a long term project. It doesn't necessarily have to be fast paced, if I can trust that the players will stick it out for the long haul. :)

ON CHARACTERS

I expect everyone to come up with well thought out, balanced, and provocative chars. Chars that will add something to the roleplay, who will pose questions and in turn recieve answers. There is a maximum of
one character per person, because I want you to focus all your attention into making that one character the best they can be.

Playing NPC's is also something I hope everyone will have a chance to do as well. They won't be very prominent, but if they are important to your character, I will find ways to work them into the story.

ON THE CITY

Our city is largely based off of NYC. If you took Gotham and NYC and smashed it together, that's our city. Busy, bustling, skyscrapers and the like, but lots of crime, corrupt police, politicians, gangs and even a few cults here and there. It's an innocent place at day and a terrifying place at night.

S U M M A R Y

Welcome to our beloved Millennium City, the biggest, busiest, most sparkling opportunity-filled city in all of the states. But at the same time, it is home to the most supers. Thus, making it one of the most dangerous.

Now, an evil named Umbra has arisen in the city, killing innocents and kidnapping vigilantes. No one knows why he's doing this, except Ditch. Ditch has broadcasted to the entire city, promising to fight Umbra, and now, they have contacted you. Where this leads, is yet to be discovered.

R U L E S

-First and foremost, follow all RPN Rules.

-This is a roleplay of detailed nature, I expect a minimum of three paragraphs per post, and well-thought, detailed characters. This is a collaborative effort and I hope everyone will partake in helping to create and further the story, so if you are not prepared to put such time and effort into this, this isn't the roleplay for you.

-There will be no fighting or jabs or anything of the sort. We're all friends here and if there are problems I expect everyone to handle them maturely.

-I reserve the right to deny the acceptance of any character I so choose. I'm going to be fairly picky, because I'd really like to see this roleplay succeed.

-HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNN

"If you do, there's no going back."

Hell, I can't wait to see all the different kinds of powers we'll come up with.

The more bizarre and freaky the better!

Cloudy you wannnnnna help me find a power

*well shit i thought this was the thread*

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back