Anime & Manga Netflix

what are some good anime shows on Netflix? I’ve seen some of sword art online, fairy tail, and death note.

If you plan on using Netflix as your main streaming service here are a few of the good ones on there.

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: A magical girl anime like Sailor Moon but with a dark twist. 9/10 even if you aren't a fan of the genre.

- Blue Exorcist: Good shounen anime with a variety of unique characters with conflicting personalities and stories that brings the best out of everyone.

- Bleach: One of the original Big 3. Might as well watch it if youre down for a long series but skip the filler episodes because theyre terrible even for filler standards.

- Attack On Titan: Also another huge hit. Gritty action. Super powers. Military and stuff. TITANS!!!! Yeah, its pretty awesome.

- Durarara!!!: If you are into anime that focus on the story more than anything else, Durarara is probably one of the best in the industry for filling that void. Its slow at first but it draws so much intrigue as it stays true to its roots as a novel.

- Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Apocrypha: The fate series is by far a long standing hit in Japan and the US for its lore, characters, and most importantly the fight scenes. Ufotable's use of CGI and 2D Hand drawing are among the best in the industry in terms of making the most action packed and fluid fights in the anime industry. Highly recommend for anyone even remotely interested in anime because its such a great long standing series.

- Kill La Kill, Little Witch Academia, and Guren Lagann: What these are three different titles from three very different series. Well yes, they are but the main reason I group them together is because their production company, Studio Trigger, has a really unique take on animation, art style and story telling. Because of this they generally do a lot of cool, unique and interesting things. Generally producing good series time and time again.

- Your Lie In April: F**k me right in the f**cking heart. Jesus motherf**kin christ. Dnnrbjajcbrmekbtnaladbtekmznvoaknynsl. As you can tell this series is mindblowingly good. There's a reason its in like the top 50 anime of all time on MAL. I'm not gonna spoil anything here but go watch it. Just all the way through, even if you get bored, because damn its a good show.

- Mushi-shi: A really relaxed series focused on a wanderer who solves paranormal mysteries, a lot of which are heavily intwined with Japanese Culture and its roots. If you want to go on something of a learning adventure then this is something I'd recommend as the story-telling and art is compelling.

- One Punch Man: A parody of Shounen anime as a whole. It is downright hilarious. The animation is incredible. And Saitama is such a fun character to watch. Also more importantly watch it ASAP as season two is coming out next year. That way you don't get left behind.

- Ruroni Kenshin: Rewatched this recently with my brother, and was reminded of why it is an anime classic of the 90s and early 2000s. The show is marvelous and memorable. With many great fight scenes that ended up being influential to modern anime.

- Castlevania: I personally have not watched this series as I do not have a Netflix account. Heard it was pretty good, and if you like vampires and gothic stuff, then this will be the show to watch.

- Aldnoah.Zero (First Season. Do not watch the Second Season): Incredible mecha anime that plays off of the likes of Death Note. With a brainy main character that plays off his intelligence to bring down his opponents. More importantly what makes this show unique is the whole idea of the odds being stacked against the main cast, in a cats v mice sort of story. Yet the brilliance is inconceivable yet realistic as it shows the power of human innovation against all odds. I HOWEVER, strongly recommend not watching the second season due to a few very important reasons though I do not want to spoil it here.
====================
Anyways I think that covers the list of anime hosted by Netflix. If you plan on watching other series on other sites like Funimation, Daisuki, Crunchyroll (and Illegal Sites) and need recommendations/reviews I am more than happy to do more.

Last edited:
If you plan on using Netflix as your main streaming service here are a few of the good ones on there.

- Puella Magi Madoka Magica: A magical girl anime like Sailor Moon but with a dark twist. 9/10 even if you aren't a fan of the genre.

- Blue Exorcist: Good shounen anime with a variety of unique characters with conflicting personalities and stories that brings the best out of everyone.

- Bleach: One of the original Big 3. Might as well watch it if youre down for a long series but skip the filler episodes because theyre terrible even for filler standards.

- Attack On Titan: Also another huge hit. Gritty action. Super powers. Military and stuff. TITANS!!!! Yeah, its pretty awesome.

- Durarara!!!: If you are into anime that focus on the story more than anything else, Durarara is probably one of the best in the industry for filling that void. Its slow at first but it draws so much intrigue as it stays true to its roots as a novel.

- Fate/Zero, Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works, Fate/Apocrypha: The fate series is by far one a long standing hit in Japan and the US for its lore, characters, and most importantly the fight scenes. Ufotable's use of CGI and 2D Hand drawing are among the best in the industry in terms of making the most action packed and fluid fights in the anime industry. Highly recommend for anyone even remotely interested in anime because its such a great long standing series.

- Kill La Kill, Little Witch Academia, and Guren Lagann: What these are two different titles from two different series. Well yes, they are but the main reason I group them together is because their production company, Studio Trigger, has a really unique take on animation, art style and story telling they generally do a lot of cool, unique and interesting things. Generally producing good series time and time again.

- Your Lie In April: F**k me right in the f**cking heart. Jesus motherf**kin christ. Dnnrbjajcbrmekbtnaladbtekmznvoaknynsl. As you can tell this series is mindblowingly good. There's a reason its in like the top 50 anime of all time on MAL. I'm not gonna spoil anything here but go watch it. Just all the way through, even if you get bored, because damn its a good show.

- Mushi-shi: A really relaxed series focused on a wanderer who solves paranormal mysteries, a lot of which are heavily intwined with Japanese Culture and its roots. If you want to go on something of a learning adventure then this is something I'd recommend as the story-telling and art is compelling.

- One Punch Man: A parody of Shounen anime as a whole. It is downright hilarious. The animation is incredible. And Saitama is such a fun character to watch. Also more importantly watch it ASAP as season two is coming out next year. That way you don't get left behind.

- Ruroni Kenshin: Rewatched this recently with my brother, and was reminded of why it is an anime classic of the 90s and early 2000s. The show is marvelous and memorable. With many great fight scenes that ended up being influential to modern anime.

- Castlevania: I personally have not watched this series as I do not have a Netflix account. Heard it was pretty good, and if you like vampires and gothic stuff, then this will be the show to watch.

- Aldnoah.Zero (First Season. Do not watch the Second Season): Incredible mecha anime that plays off of the likes of Death Note. With a brainy main character that plays off his intelligence to bring down his opponents. More importantly what makes this show unique is the whole idea of the odds being stacked against the main cast, in a cats v mice sort of story. Yet the brilliance is inconceivable yet realistic as it shows the power of human innovation against all odds. I HOWEVER, strongly recommend not watching the second season due to a few very important reasons though I do not want to spoil it here.
====================
Anyways I think that covers the list of anime hosted by Netflix. If you plan on watching other series on other sites like Funimation, Daisuki, Crunchyroll (and Illegal Sites) and need recommendations/reviews I am more than happy to do more.
That was EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to type all that out and I will definitely watch some of them. I did watch the first episode of attack on titans (and hated it) but maybe I'll give it another go. I seriously appreciate your reply.

I don't actually have Netflix, but my friend introduced me to The Seven Deadly Sins, which was originally on there. It's funny but has its own serious undertones, and all the characters are quirky in their own ways. (Ban is a particular source of humor as well as feels.) It's really a well-done anime and possibly one of my favorites that I've ever seen.

I'm not sure if it's still on there, but if it is, I definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you've seen Fairy Tail! :)

I don't actually have Netflix, but my friend introduced me to The Seven Deadly Sins, which was originally on there. It's funny but has its own serious undertones, and all the characters are quirky in their own ways. (Ban is a particular source of humor as well as feels.) It's really a well-done anime and possibly one of my favorites that I've ever seen.

I'm not sure if it's still on there, but if it is, I definitely recommend giving it a try, especially if you've seen Fairy Tail! :)
I've seen it on there but the way the animation is made me not want to watch it. From what I saw, it looked like it had a different type of art style. But if its good, I'll put it on my list. So thanks

The Seven Deadly Sins is a "Netflix Original" (fucking hate that term, if THE SHOW IS BASED ON SOMETHING IT AINT ORIGINAL, OK?) so it will never leave netflix. Thus, since the others most likely will, watch them first

Durarara!! and the Fate series would be the two I highly recommend on Netflix.

Durarara!! Has such a great cast of characters and a very interesting story that can be confusing at times. I really love the animation too and it has arguably one of the best OPs out there. All of the OPs are great, but season one has the best. In my opinion it is better than it's counterpart, Baccano.

Fate is similar in terms of it having a large cast of characters, and the character tend to make the show good. The story is a typical death game/battle royale with everyone trying to win so they can get the grand prize, but what makes this series so good is that it constantly brings up moral and philosophical problems to the table. Not only that, but as TPBx said, the lore is amazing and Ufotable do a great job at all the animation, but they really shine during the fight scenes. Watch the Series in this order: Fate/Zero(Has best Servant in it), Fate/Stay Night UBW and then Fate/Apocrypha. The second half of Apoc isn't on Netflix yet, so I would wait a bit till it is.

Your Lie in April is good too. Really gives ya the feels and the art is great. Music is also top notch, and all the selections of classical music they use are great. It is a really good music and romance anime.

Silver Spoon - comedy anime about a regular guy adapting to life at an agricultural school. Had a lot of interesting messages and philosophy while being pretty funny at the same time. Some light romance themes as well. Laugh out loud funny but it also makes you think seriously about things at points.

Barakamon - story about a calligrapher who goes away to a country town to gain inspiration. Lots of cute hijinks with the main character and the adorable little girl character. Good if you like anime that involve kids (similar to "Yotsuba" and "Sweetness and lightning")

Tiger & Bunny - a satire on super heros that has the heros compete on a game show for how many criminals they can catch. It's funny, full of action and drama, and has some nice mystery elements. I enjoyed the dynamic between the two main characters a lot.

Devil is a Part Timer - a comedy that's exactly what it says in the title. The main character is fun and I enjoyed watching this a lot. Not super profound it anything, just an amusing watch. I recommend this one if you want to watch something that's very stereotypically "anime" (harem elements, hijinks, and a protagonist who is sometimes cool but usually a bit of a dweeb)

Kuromukuro - I haven't seen the entirety of this yet, but it's a mecha anime about a samurai who finds himself in the modern world. It's pretty good so far and had some nice action scenes.

---

If you end up watching and enjoying Madoka magica, I also recommend Yuki Yuna is a Hero. It's very similar in tone and the passion in some of the fighters scenes feels very raw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back