• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Nerd x Athlete With Eevee-chan

Ta Min

: D
tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640.jpg

What happens when something you love more than anything hurts you beyond forgiveness?

(Between Ta Min Ta Min & eevee-chan eevee-chan )

Last edited:
Baseball-Glove-and-Bat.jpg

There are only two seasons - winter & baseball.

Carlos sighed as he ran his fingers through his dark black hair. It had been a long morning of drills and dealing with the incompetence of certain teammates. Even though this was his first year on the team, he was already leaps and bounds ahead of some of the higher-ups. He glanced up as the cold water from the shower hit his face. They were already half a semester in and it just felt like some people refused to give it their all. Carlos ALWAYS gave it his all, when it came to baseball. “Hey, Carlos!” “Hm?” He reached down turning off the shower head so he could hear his roommate Dustin a little better. “Your phone line is beeping, I mean like a few messages dude...It's only 10 a.m.” Dustin said through the closed door. “...yeah, 10 a.m. normal people are awake by now Sleeping Beauty.”

Carlos slipped out of the shower and started to dry off, starting with his hair. He wrapped a towel around his waist as he reached down for his toothbrush and toothpaste. He'd been up since before sunrise, and thankfully today was a day with only evening classes. Sticking the toothbrush in his mouth he exited the bathroom into his dorm room and went towards the phone's answering machine. Dustin was already back in bed with the covers over his head. Carlos clicked the message button as the recording began. “All-Star! You haven't set up your session with a tutor, you need to pick up your grades or..” He clicked to hear the next message from the assistant coach. “I have a feeling you're ignoring me, you need to get your grades..” He clicked for the next one as he brushed his teeth, “You little son of a..” CLICK. A feminine voice came over the line instead of the assistant coach and he took a soft breath. “Coffee tonight right? See you at 7.” He smirked, Ah Cindy met her a few days after starting classes she was a keeper. Once her message passed there were a few more passive-aggressive messages from the assistant coach and one from the head coach.

“Listen, Carlos, you're a great player... hell you're going to take us all the way this year, but your grades are...terrible. I've set an appointment up with a tutor, great girl.” Carlos rolled his eyes as he went to the closet to get dressed, “I know you're free today so meet in the library at 11. She'll be waiting...” ~like I'll bother going.~ Carlos thought smugly. “She's your type. Trust me.” The message came to an end and Carlos looked at the time. He had about thirty minutes to meet this girl who 'was his type.' He shrugged, what the hell why not right?

He settled for a pair of black slacks and dress shoes with a deep blue button-down type. He ran his hands through his hair messing it up a bit and practiced his 'smolder' look in the mirror before leaving. He had his wallet, phone, and no school supplies. He'd just convince this girl to do his work for him, school was a waste of time after all...right?

Mood: Smug Location: Male Dorms​

Last edited:
Mei's alarm went off at approximately six a.m, which meant Mei was up and moving at exactly six a.m. Generally speaking of course, but today she woke up around nine. This meaning her roommate was already gone so she could be as loud as she wanted. Sitting up, she stretched and leaned over to her nightstand to check her calendar for the day - just a refresher for what she would be doing. A groan escaped her lips as she read, 8:00 a.m - 10:00 a.m classes canceled, 11:00 a.m meeting/(tutoring session) with Carlos Santiago, 2:00 p.m - 6:00 p.m classes, 6:30 mixer with Julie. There wasn't a single thing she was looking forward to today, everything kind of sucked. With her morning classes gone she lost time in which she could be learning (lame, yes), and she honestly didn't even want to tutor this Carlos guy but she signed up for the program (for credits, really) so there wasn't really a way she could get out of it without looking like an ass, the only part that sort of sounded fun was the freshman mixer but that was only because Julie was going. Otherwise, it sounded quite boring and pretty desperate. Which was the complete opposite of her 'style'.

Setting her phone down she pushed herself up with her arms and managed to stand, needing to grab the wall in order to stop herself from falling. Only three more days of this stupid cast Mei, three more days, she chanted - hobbling towards her closet. Normally she would go take a shower but she already went ahead and did so last night so there obviously wasn't a need to now. Grunting, she reached up to grab a shirt from the top, and some shorts from the bottom. Once all her articles of clothing were in her arms she closed her closet and moved back into the middle of the room and started to change, the entire process took maybe ten minutes but she did manage to finish without breaking a sweat. Glancing at herself in the mirror a frown tugged at her lips. After years of soccer, you could still see the definition in her left leg even if she hasn't worked out a while but her right one was obscured by the caste and undoubtedly weak from lack of use. Looking away from her leg she looked at her outfit of choice, black, and white Nike shorts, plain T-shirt that unlike some other girls' didn't make her look like a square but showed off the upper half of her body, but once she got to her face, she cringed. After a nights worth of sleeping, her hair was a mess.

Heading to the bathroom, she cleaned herself up. Starting with her face (washing it and such, then her hair, and finally her teeth. This entire process took maybe twenty minutes and by the time she was done it was 9:45. Knowing it'd take her a while to get to the library, she went ahead and ate breakfast. Something simple. Even though she loved sweets and baked goods she didn't really eat them anymore, it was really all for the sake of staying fit. Now that she wasn't exercising regularly she couldn't eat the way she used to so she just had a bowl of cereal and an apple to hold her over until lunch.

After cleaning up after herself, she grabbed all of her books and threw them into her bag before heading out the door. The, of course, she had to head back inside realizing she forgot her crutches. By the time she left it was about 10:20 which meant she didn't have to rush. Instead, she slowly walked through campus - ignoring a few glances from people until she made it to the library. It was an old, beautiful thing in her opinion. On the outside at least, the inside while still beautiful was a bit more modern in her opinion but still did feel like a library. Finding a table she sat down, spreading her books out on the dark wooden surface and making sure she had everything. Once it was confirmed she hadn't forgotten anything she leaned back to relax a bit.

Last edited:

Carlos strutted along the campus grounds as if he were going nowhere in particular. He waved, smiled, and even made small conversation with people that passed by. It was a beautiful sunny day out and he needed to figure out a good game plan to get this girl to just, pretty much, do his work for him. Carlos stopped in front of the Einstein Bagels storefront and walked inside. He ordered two cups of black coffee, along with a plain bagel and an everything bagel, his favorite. As the cashier toasted the everything bagel Carlos placed some sugar packets into the bag and flirted a bit with the cashier who giggled. She made sure to give him a little extra cream cheese on the side for the 'dude' he was meeting up with.

He held the bag loosely between the fingers of his right hand and the coffees, in their carry case, in the left hand. Coffee and a bagel seemed like a fair trade for this girl doing all his work...I mean tutoring. His casual walk took him a while since he stopped at the quad to eat his bagel, hunger got to him, and chat with a group of buddies. "You're going to the freshman mixer tonight right Carlos?" Carlos chewed on his bagel and nodded. "Hell yeah. I don't miss parties." He grinned a piece of bagel stuck between his teeth making his buddies laugh. He frowned as he leaned back looking up at the trees blocking the sky. He reached into his back pocket and pulled his phone out. "..." It was already 11:10, and it was about a five-minute brisk walk to the library. "oh crap." He muttered as he picked his coffee up and added some sugar, it was already luke warm. He downed his coffee quickly picked up the bag and the other cup of coffee before waving goodbye and walking off hurriedly to the library.

He wasn't in his track shorts, and running in slacks was a bad idea, so he was going to be late. Whatever. He walked up to the library around 10:20 and strolled in casually with his bag of food and cold coffee totally ignoring the 'no food' sign. Carlos didn't appreciate the beauty of the library's outside so he sure didn't appreciate the inside as he looked around already feeling annoyed by the silence. He stepped passed the librarian's desk who saw him with food and drink but was too timid to say anything. He made his way past the shelves to the table area and looked around. His eyes scanned over Mei at least five times before he looked dead at her. He looked her up and down glancing to the side at her crutches and tried not to scrunch his nose in annoyance. The head coach said this girl was his type, how? Yeah, she was easy on the eyes but, seriously?

He rolled his shoulders hearing a little popping as his muscles untensed. He put on his best smile and went to the desk. "Hey, you're my tutor for biology right? I got you a coffee and bagel. The line was terrible, coffee might be a little cold." That was an understatement, it was probably ice coffee by this point.

Mood: Annoyed but trying to seem 'happy' Location: Library​

It was eleven fifteen and he still wasn't there. I could just leave, I'm not the one who needs the tutoring she thought, but decided against it. If he did show up and she wasn't there she'd get an ear full from the director of this stupid program. Five more minutes passed until he finally showed up, her eyes went to the food in his hands and she raised an eyebrow. He wasn't supposed to have food in the library. While the gesture could be seen as nice it still didn't make up for him being late. Twenty minutes late while she was twenty minutes early. Forty minutes of sitting here! Everything in her screamed to point it out, make him feel bad - scold him in front of everyone in the library. Luckily, she managed to not to. First impressions were important and if she were to tutor this boy - even though he was technically a man and older than her - she needed to at least keep things civil between the. Sitting up in her seat and tucking a strand of hair behind her ear she looked squarely at him, but not the way most girls did. She didn't operate that way and it was impossible to read her, but she did manage to make something quite clear. She was not charmed by him. "I am, call me Mei. Please set the food down over there and take a seat." She said, pointing to a side of the table away from her books before gesturing to the seat beside her.

Puffing out her cheeks, her brow furrowed as she looked at the books before her, "So, what specifically do you need my help with?" She asked, the class she was asked to help him out with was fairly easy for her and she passed with an A. However seeing that she was studying to be a cardiac surgeon and learned most of the material in highschool she did have an unfair advantage. She already had a credit or two. If it weren't for soccer she would probably be farther ahead and not have to work as hard to get ahead - like she was now-, but she switched from sports to academics within a week so she didn't really have any control over it. If she did she'd still be playing soccer, but not anymore. She hated that sport.

"We won't go deep into the material today, maybe set up a schedule if you plan on doing this regularly, touch lightly on a few subjects, and then leave in maybe an hour and a half? sooner or later depending on how fast you work." She said, glancing at the clock before flipping through a few pages in one of the textbooks, sparing him a quick glance to see how he was digesting the information so far. Hopefully, he wasn't slow... but then again that was a silly thing to hope for. He was literally here because he was struggling in school. Then again, she had no right to judge him in such a way - it was quite rude and she immediately felt ashamed of herself.

Yet, there was something about him she disliked quite strongly, right away. It wasn't the way he looked - he was admittedly quite handsome -, or how he acted (she didn't judge people because of one small thing, although it did annoy her), you could say it was because he was an athlete. Yes, that was completely unfair and all, but he was literally the human representation of everything she hated. Except he didn't play soccer, but he was still a happy-go-lucky athlete with his future laid out in front of him.

So... she wasn't just upset, she was pissed. How could she stay pissed at him with his best smile? "Mei okay I.." Before he could get much out she was already demanding he put the food and coffee on the other side of the table away from the books. He inwardly frowned but kept that outward smile as he set the bag and cold coffee in front of him, instead of off to the side, and took a seat. He pulled the chair out and flipped it, like a high school punk crossing his arms over the back of the chair with his legs on either side and his chin resting on his arms. He was trying to figure out her game, did he need to compliment her, woo her, give her a little kiss?

He blinked a bit as he watched her fingers glide through the pages of the textbook and discuss how they should plan schedules for meetings, go over the topics he needed help with. She just kept talking and talking, occasionally making eye contact with him, to which he gave a dashing smile. To no avail. "...." He watched her intensely as she spoke and then glanced at the clock, ah! Her time, that's what was her tick. His smile turned to a smirk, he found his in.

He cleared his throat to get her attention. "Look, Mei was it?" As if he didn't know her name she only gave it to him moments ago. "I have a full schedule and I'm very busy with carrying the weight of my sports team. I can see your time is very valuable and you don't want to waste time tutoring so let's make a deal?" He said sitting up a bit to look her in the eye. "You can do my work, write me up some cliff notes for tests and just pass it along to me. I'll give you a good rating as a tutor to the director of the program and whatever else you like to spend your time doing. I'm pretty well known on campus, so I'm sure I can get you in on some A-list parties, or any 'extras' you need to keep that brain of yours ticking." He wasn't a steroid guy but he knew the brainy types often used enhancement drugs to keep them awake to crunch more. He figured he had this in the bag as he ran a hand through his hair pushing it back with his best hot guy look. "Or I could take you out for a good time." Nailed it, utterly nailed it.

Mood: Confident Location: Library​

Last edited:
A frown tugged at her lips as he set the food in front of him, but deciding it wasn't worth the fight and looking like an ass, she closed her mouth. This guy is going to be the end of me, she thought miserably. His charming smiles made her want to barf, and so far she couldn't find anything real about him. Everything he's shown her so far has been fake. He wasn't even trying to be subtle about it. It's not like he was ashamed or anything, a guy like him wouldn't be. All that mattered to him was getting his way. When he didn't respond immediately she thought, maybe he is slow. Even though it was mean, she was mentally cracking up at the thought alone.

What he said next was the most ridiculous thing she's ever heard in her entire life, and she currently lived on a hall full of eighteen-year-old girls who like puppies. So, she did what any logical person would do and burst out laughing. She had a pretty laugh but based on his face that wasn't the reaction he was expecting. Her face slowly returned back to its normal state. "You aren't kidding are you?" She shook her head and easily stood, gathering her things. "Clearly you live in your own little world if you think anyone in their right mind would agree to that. Sure to some you're considered attractive but your personality obscures it. I do however understand that athletes do have busy schedules but that doesn't mean you can't do your work yourself. This is child's play for god's sake."

Once everything she had was nicely packed up she reached for her crutches "Whilst I don't believe it was your intention you've insulted me several times within a few minutes. You showed up twenty minutes late, put your food near my books even though I told you not to, implied that I used drugs to help me out, and even had the audacity to think I'd ever want to go out with you." Her eyes were filled with absolute hatred towards him. "It's funny, I can't find a single redeeming quality in you." She said, her tone even as if stating a fact from one of the many textbooks on her back before leaving. He reminded her so much of this girl on her old team. The very bitch who broke her leg and ruined her future.

He held his dashing pose for a moment and then she started to laugh. Not just a little laugh, a pretty big but adorable laugh. His smirk sank as did his hand sliding down on his arm. Seriously!? Did she just laugh and ask if he was serious. He held his jaw from dropping as she started to gather her books. He figured she'd just leave, but nope, she went on. His surprise began to turn to being pissed. Calling his personality not so flattering and saying the work was child's play. Maybe for her, for him it just... didn't register as fast. He could tell you the best batting averages, highlights from old sports games, hell he could even do some trajectory base equations when it came to hitting the ball. He wasn't an idiot, he just spent more time out on the field instead of in the books.

But did she stop there as she collected her books and reached for her crutches? No, instead she talked about how SHE was insulted by him. She may have had a few points he was late and did insinuate she did drugs even he realized that was probably not the best idea, after saying it of course. But to say there were no redeeming qualities about him, this girl knew nothing about him! Holy crap, she needed medication for this bipolar problem. He reached out to grab one of her crutches but she hobbled faster than he expected. "Hey wait a minute."

He stood up to go after her catching up quickly. He stopped in front of the door she was about to exit and the librarian shushed them. He was not keeping a fake smile now she was seeing real emotions. Frustration and annoyance. "Look, you have to do this for credits. My assistant coach will continue to ride me if I don't bring up my grades." He said with a huff. "Look, let's sit figure out a schedule that will work so we have to spend the least amount of time together so I don't offend your royal highnASS." It seems he wasn't going to pull any more crap, honestly, he just didn't want twenty more phone calls left in his message box. This wasn't high school the coach would cut him from the team and then he'd lose his scholarship and his chance with the minor leagues. "Take it outside!" The little librarian spoke up loudly. "I won't let you out the door unless you agree Mei." Carlos said in more of a soft tone as the librarian tried her best to glare at the two.

Mood: Aggitated Location: Library​

Mei's face burned a bright red, she was obviously furious. "Fine! I agree." She growled lowly, as to not upset the already angry librarian glaring at them from behind her desk. "I'm free 6-8 p.m Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. I am also free most weekends and 2-3 p.m Fridays and Thursdays. Pick a day, any day." She knew she was going to regret agreeing to this but in order to save face with those staring she simply decided it was best just to give in. He won this battle but her eyes and overall aura made it clear she planned on winning the war. Unless of course, the pair actually managed to keep things civil, but he brought out the animalistic, aggressive side she only used to show on the fields so things weren't really looking all that great. She was pretty violent when playing, yes she went by the rules and all but sometimes you just need to ram into someone.

Pausing to study his face before she left, she frowned. She was trying to figure him out she eventually gave up and started limping out the door. "See ya at our next tutoring session, it's not going to be here though. The location is up to you and your coach, but I'm not coming back to this library." She called over her shoulder once out of the building. Stopping a few yards away from the library she leaned against a wall and rested her crutches against it. Running a hand through her thick black-brown hair she breathed out a tired sigh. I hate this.

Her eyes were drawn to a group of people playing soccer on the open field between the buildings. Her heart hurt as she watched them. It wasn't fair. That should be her. Looking away, Mei adjusted her bag, grabbed her crutches and headed back to her dorm room. She silently walked along, no one paying her any mind. It was so different from how things were in high school. There she was actually someone, she was their star athlete, she was their small towns hope at something great. But when it mattered the most she failed both them and herself.

Carlos was frustrated, so was she but she gave in. He couldn't help it the left side of his lip curled into a smirk. Yeah, it wasn't quite on the terms he wanted but she didn't just leave. “Tuesdays and Sundays.” He answered her quickly because he knew the librarian was moments away from calling campus security. Even though she was a nerdy bitch, her little growl did entice him. She was on crutches, but there was a fire burning in her some rage she kept pushed down. Maybe he'd be able to push her to the limits during study sessions and see if the cat had claws. He stepped to the side to let her leave.

Mei paused to glance at him as she left, his face was studying hers curiously. These would be some... interesting tutor sessions. He couldn't help but keep that smug smirk on, cute and fiery he was used to the coy hot girls that Mei was a change. He couldn't wait to keep crawling under her skin and pissing her off. Carlos could have been just as pissed about the setup as her but he decided this would be a game in itself. “See ya, your highness.” He leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed watching her walk out.

He waited a few moments watching her hobble off and shook his head letting out a sigh. What was he thinking, this girl was trouble, not some new conquest. He glanced to the librarian who was picking up the phone and quickly made his exit. He had plenty of time to kill before his classes this afternoon. Off to the batting range, he turned left after exiting the library and made his way towards the sports complex. Of course, he got stopped by friends and familiar faces as he went without a care in the world. He pulled his phone out once he reached the locker room and set up a reminder for Tuesday and Sunday. He'd meet with the assistant coach before class and get the times and locations for these tutor sessions scheduled. He just had to get his grades up, easy....

Mood: Relaxed Location: Sports Complex - Lockerroom​

Skip to right before the freshman mixer. Time: 6:00 P.m (30 minutes until mixer starts)
----------
"I don't know why I'm going to this. It's stupid. Marideth, please tell me not to go and I won't go." Mei said, pulling on a flowy off-white sundress. It was a pretty little number but she couldn't seem to remember the last time she's worn it. With the weather warming up and all, it was appropriate and while this event wasn't formal they still suggested not to show up in jeans and a T-shirt. So here she was. The dress had a v-neck meant to show off ones 'assets' but it really just made her nervous. The waist, however, had a decent strip that was see through and held the upper part to the lower part with some lace making it so you could technically see some skin but it was obscured by the dress. Marideth - her roommate - chuckled "I'm not going to do that, you really need to get out more Mei."

Huffing, she looked at herself once more in the mirror, she looked good but it was more skin than she liked to expose. The low cut back and spaghetti straps did little to cover her back but thanks to not gorging herself her back, arms and legs were still nice and toned from her glory days. Plopping down on her bed she stared at her cast she shook her head before putting on her shoes or well, shoe. Going to the bathroom for the final touches she washed her face, fixed her hair and arranged it so it framed her face perfectly, and last but not least put on a simple pair of earrings. "Ready to go?" She asked her roommate who was just as dressed up but a little more put together. "Why of course," She said, opening the door for Mei and leading her down the hall.

It was about a ten-minute drive and by the time the two showed up the place was already buzzing with life. "I'm going to go get us drinks!" Merideth said over the music playing obnoxiously loud in the background. "Okay! I'll be there!" Mei called, pointing to the dancing bodies. She was a pretty good dancer in her opinion and didn't mind doing it in front of others which is why she easily blended into the crowd. After a minute or two of this, her friend - who invited her - Julie came out of the blue. The two chatted a bit, sharing pleasantries and having a few laughs before splitting up but promising to meet up again later. Left alone to her own affairs, Mei broke away from the masses of dancing bodies and started up conversations with a few people. Believe it or not, she was a rather outgoing persona and had no trouble making friends... usually.

Carlos yawned as he entered his dorm room a little before 6 p.m. His nice outfit from this morning was already wrinkled and his hair was sticking to the back of his neck. He went right from the field to class with no shower, so he was smelling like the ball field. Carlos glanced around the room, his roommate was already gone probably off to the mixer to set up his DJ equipment. Carlos peeled off his clothes and tossed them in the dirty hamper then hit the shower. The warm water felt good against his skin as he flexed his arms stretching out their stiffness. After a fifteen minute shower, he got out feeling refreshed and started to get dressed.His outfit of choice were some nice slacks and shoes along with a red button up, he left the top two buttons open so his onyx necklace could just barely be seen.

By the time he left the dorms it was about 6:30 and it was a ten-minute or so drive. Carlos seemed to have a habit of being a little late, but that was okay when it came to parties. As he pulled up to the party his calendar on the phone dinged, he glanced at it and sighed, ~coffee at 7...with Cindy.~ He hmmed and sent her a quick text telling her to meet him at the mixer instead. Her reply was instant and she agreed to meet him there for 7. Good, he had 15 minutes to go in and mingle before his date arrived. He casually walked up the steps of the building with his hands in his pockets. The music was bumping and the dance floor was already full of bodies. He walked in staying on the outskirts of the dance floor and giving a nod to the Dustin who was spinning tunes.

Dustin was too in the grove to notice Carlos which was fine. Carlos would just make his way to the refreshments and grab a soda, he didn't drink bad for the body. Along the way he'd stop to mingle with people and chat. He was in his element, the smile wasn't fake but genuine and he was feeling comfortable as he sipped from his coke can glancing around the room. He paused on one particular person. He only saw her from behind as she was talking to a group of people but her white sundress popped. Sure, he was waiting on Cindy but he could go be social. He started towards that group until he noticed the leg cast. ~Shit, that's Mei.~ He quickly turned on his heels walking away, he didn't want to deal with her now. He was in a relaxing mood, not an annoy the tutor mood.
Mood: UGH Location: Mixer​

"Here's your drink Mei," Merideth said coming up from behind Mei and handing it to her. "Thanks," Mei said shooting her a thankful smile and taking a sip. She was parched. "So, Kenny was it?" The guy before her was good looking enough, but it was his personality that stuck out for her. He was sweet, intelligent, and an outright oddball wearing his elephant bowtie. He and Merideth would honestly be great for each other. "Yep, that's the name. Don't wear it out." His grin was crooked, but charming nonetheless. She found it to be endearing. "What brings you to a place like this?" She asked, casually resting on her good foot as she waited for an answer.

Watching him think was fun, what with the way his brow furrowed, nose twitched, and hands fidgeted with his collar. "My friend brought me here, I was probably going to stay home and watch the elephant special on Animal Planet but Drew - my friend - said there'd be girls here." Mei burst out laughing before she could stop but managed to dial it down to a giggle. "Ah, you should've recorded it, that's what Merideth here did." She said, gesturing to her bored looking friend as she sipped away at her drink. "You guys go ahead and discuss that, I'm gonna go explore a bit." She shot Merideth a wink and got a dirty look in return before weaving her way in between the busy bodies.

"How'd you get that cast?" Someone yelled from behind her, without looking back she answered: "Would you believe me if I said I got it skiing in Vancouver?" Pushing ahead she found her way into a somewhat empty room where she could breathe. It's been a while since she's been to a party and most people didn't recognize her even though she recognized them, they've just been ignoring her. Almost as soon as she stopped a group of two guys and a bored looking girl approached her and tried to strike up a conversation. Being polite she entertained them but was surprised when the brunette turned out to be quite funny and had her laughing.

Even thought Carlos said to himself to walk away he couldn't help but watch Mei from whatever area he was standing. She was drinking and having fun, she seemed less like a stick in the mud than what he saw earlier this morning. He shook his head letting his eyes distance from her and walked over to the snacks table. He grabbed a coke off the tabletop and turned to figure out where to next. But, his eyes trailed to Mei again, she had walked to another room, probably to escape the crowd, but ended up being encountered by three people. He figured her cranky side would show... it didn't, instead she seemed to socialize very well. If anything, he was looking off his game not being as social as normal and more of a wallflower.

"Hey, Carlos!" He heard a call from his left side, it was the First Baseman, good at what he did but just not his cup of tea when hanging out with people. Instead, Carlos feigned like he didn't hear him and walked towards where Mei once was, elephant bowtie and Merideth. His interest in Mei's story was sending him into a situation who would normally avoid. Maybe, just maybe, he could get Mei's friend to spill some dirt on her he could hang over her head during tutor sessions. It wouldn't get him out of doing some hard work but it would make the time more entertianing. "Hey man," Carlos said as he came up behind bowtie and put a firm hand on his shoulder and smiled. "Mind if I cut into the conversation?" He said in a friendly manner, but with a little bravado.

He wasn't going to be a jerk, but this guy was obviously floundering trying to flirt with Merideth so he might as well butt in. Save the kid some embarrassment, give Merideth a better chatting partner, and get a little information from her about Mei. Carlos had been so focused he hadn't realized Cindy had arrived and was trying to text him to figure out how deep into the party he was.
Mood: Scheming Location: Mixer​

(switching to Merideth's POV)

Why would she leave me with him? He's cute and all, but he's just so awkward. She pondered, forcing a smile and going along with what he had to say, even if it wasn't all that interesting. Poor guy, it was easy to see how nervous he was. For god's sake, his entire face was bright red, including the tips of his ears and some of his neck. Actually, he's growing on me, she thought, laughing as he fumbled over his sentence and much to her relief he laughed with her. About to make a witty remark she was rudely cut off by who she assumed to be Carlos. A part of her seemed annoyed because Kenny was just starting to gain some confidence and might've just charmed her. Oh well, too late for that now. She watched silently as Carlos spoke, she didn't trust the guy. Unsure how to respond Kenny uttered an Okay and promised to come back later that night.

Turning to him, with her signature cutting glare - that she taught Mei - she asked, "How may I help you Car-los." She said, separating his name with a second of a pause. Waiting for an answer she took the time to look him and decided to give him a chance when it came to conversation, he was attractive and she wasn't one to send hot guys away. Not that he was interested in him, he was simply nice to look at. And so far he hasn't said anything that made her want to leave, at least not yet. Then again, she couldn't figure out why he was here, he generally went for the really pretty girls. Yeah, she was alright with her good bone structure and pretty gray eyes but she still had stringy blonde hair and the body of an eight-year-old boy. He must want something.

Glancing around the room she spotted Mei who was dancing with the people she saw her talking to earlier and smiled. Good, she needed this. Since Merideth's known Mei she's always been the life of the party but after the 'incident' things changed. She was still the sweet and fun Mei she knew, just a little bit quieter and more hesitant. She wasn't as confident in herself and capabilities as she used to.

Carlos watched as elephant bowtie walked over awkwardly he let out a soft sigh. Poor kid, he was all flushed in the face probably never spoke to girls EVER. He turned to attention to Merideth for her death glare and remark, he couldn't help but smirk. "I'm starting to get used to getting glared at by pretty girls." He said smoothly with a little chuckle, just trying to warm the water before it turned icy. He watched Merideth's eyes drift over to Mei since his eye were already looking that way. He snapped them back to focus on Merideth, not his normal type that's for sure but hey he needed info. "I just wanted to stop in, looked like the kid was getting a little flustered. Didn't want him to overheat and pass out." He said it as a light joke, though this break at least gave Kenny that chance to cool off.

Carlos leaned up against the wall and took a sip from his coke can. "Just surprising to see you lined up against the wall instead of out there dancing." He said tipping his head towards the dance floor as he smiled and held out a hand for her. "So, want to dance?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Dance, loosen her up a bit so he could then plug at Mei. He wasn't sure if this was going to work out but cross your heart and hope for the best. He was being friendly, casual, and overall letting his guard down to relax as well. The best way to make someone else comfortable was to be comfortable yourself, he'd have to give that tip to bowtie...looking at Meredith ~maybe her and bowtie would look good together...~

~Cindy~

Cindy stood at the doorway in a tight black mini dress that hugged all her curves in the right way. Her stiletto heels did not scream 'dancing queen' nor did the slight scowl on her face. She brushed back her long lush blonde hair from her slightly tanned shoulder. Cindy's look screamed runway model and her steps made it more noticeable that she felt to 'upscale' for this crowd. She held her cell phone up and sent another text to Carlos. "..." Her eyes looked up glancing the crowd before actually started to step into it making sure to cough or shove to avoid her feet getting stepped on.

Based off of common knowledge Merideth ought to know better than to go along with or believe anything he had to say but hey, she was here to have fun so fun she would have. He still wasn't her type though and all her actions, while some could be perceived as flirty, were really just all for the fun of it. "Awe, give the poor guy a break. Nothing wrong with being a little nervous around someone such as mwah." She said playfully, giving a little hair flip. Maybe a minute or two ago she decided she was going to entertain Carlos and his shenanigans and just go with it. No harm, no foul. Then again, she did have a tendency to change her mind quite quickly.

"Why not," She said casually and strode out to the dance floor, she was a decent dancer - nothing extraordinary but she wouldn't embarrass herself. After the pair started dancing she decided just to go ahead and point out the obvious, "So Carlos, I know you're not here because of my stunningly good looks or great personality so do you care to explain to me exactly why you're here?" She raised an eyebrow, while still being friendly she was also managing to be somewhat rude as well. It was a gift honestly, but at least she wasn't vain. While she did make a lot of jokes about her being all great and all she did often doubt herself or just assume she was quite average.

Looking at her she might look quite odd, what with her bizarre attire, sarcastic attitude, and overall way she looked one wouldn't guess she was all that smart. But in reality, she was sharp as a tack and quick to call you out on your B.S. Which is why, as devastatingly handsome Carlos might be, she would never be interested. He was too mainstream for her likes. Mei sometimes borderlined that as well but always managed to keep her head.

"Too true." Carlos agreed with her comment of self-flattery with a smirk. At least she was entertaining his idea of playing nice, for the moment anyway. He took her hand and led her out to the dance floor. Carlos wasn't by any means a great dancer, but he wasn't too bad. He had some basic moves, but let's be honest most the time people were paying more attention to the lady than the guy. It had seemed the groove was right he was actually starting to enjoy himself while dancing loosening up just letting the music carry him.

Then Meredith interrupted it with her blunt, but friendly comment. He couldn't help but laugh at her question, not rudely just a laugh. "Damn, so much piss and vinegar in ladies blood these days." He said in a smart ass way as he kept dancing. He slipped his hand around her grabbing the back of her waist, lightly and in an appropriate spot, not too low he wasn't a complete pig but it was to pull her closer. He had to be careful how he chose his words, but also be honest. She was the type of girl that would only take bullshit for so long, "So Mei got her sharp tongue from you huh Meredith?" Full disclosure, it took him a few minutes to remember her name. He had heard it in passing as you do on university grounds especially since Meredith was outspoken when it came to it. His mouth was a little closer to her ear when he spoke since it was loud so she'd feel the tickle of his breathe After speaking he'd move his face back, he knew not to linger by a girl's ear for too long. There were only two reactions if you stayed too long; a kiss or a nice slap. He'd experienced both.

He also relaxed his arm a little so if she wanted to put distance between them she could. He wasn't here to trap Meredith, he was just hoping to get a little information, but he wasn't going to be direct with the question.

"It seems that way," Merideth said chuckling, although he was a bit of a douche or came off that way he was still rather fun to be around, and his personality reminded her of her own. Not entirely though, she thought herself to be way cooler than he. Upon the mention of Mei a half smirk appeared on her face, of course, I should've known. Throughout her time spent here tonight, she's caught him glancing in her friend's directions, at first she just thought it was because he thought Mei pretty but after he asked about her, Meridith's initial suspicions were confirmed. Good or Mei, she could use a little spice in her boring life.

"Actually no, maybe a glare or two but Mei's always been like that," She paused to laugh and reminisce before adding, "In her glory days she was actually quite vicious. Only on the field though, when at social events she was all smiles, even if someone pissed her off. That is unless she was drunk, then all bets are off." Too caught up in memories she was being careless, but then again, she didn't think of what she was saying as a secret. She thought it was common knowledge in all honesty. Still, she did feel kind of bad about telling Carlos, pushing past it and pretending she didn't do anything wrong she continued to dance and let her thoughts drift far, far away.

Feeling his breath on her ear she raised an eyebrow and shook her head "Personal space child, personal space." She said arrogantly, even though he was technically older than her and she was still eighteen.

So Mei was always like that, interesting. He continued to dance with Meredith as she talked about her friend. On the field? Did he miss something in that conversation...no, she was talking about sports. "Hm? What did she play?" He asked curiously and chuckled a bit, "Child, huh?" wasn't he older than her? He took her hand giving her a fun little spin on the dance floor. Once he had the answer of the sport she played he'd wait for the song to die down before guiding her back to poor bowtie. Who was he to interrupt a cute little romance that the nervous guy was trying to bloom?

Little did Carlos know that Cindy was making her way onto the dance floor pushing through people to get to Carlos. She had spotted him, easily enough he was fairly tall and also she was angry at him so her radar was on point. How dare he change their meeting location and then not pick up the phone when she text. She didn't care who he was dancing with or talking to, she was more important.

Mood: Intrigued Location: Mixer​

Last edited:
"Mei played soccer, she was quite good too - best at our school actually. She had recruiters and scholarships, all the works.Then, of course, that all went to hell after..." Merideth chose not to continue, Carlos was smart enough to figure it out what with the cast and all. It also tended to put her in a bad mood if she discussed it. In all honesty, the whole situation wasn't fair, Mei had everything set out for her when someone just up and decided to take that away from her. It was devastating for everyone in their town and was enough to get Mei to quit completely.

"Well you act like one," She said smirking, knowing very well what she said was true. After the conversation seemed to die down she was content with just dancing until the end of the song but fate had other plans. An angry looking blonde was glaring at the back of Carlos' head. "Whoa there buddy, looks like you pissed off some girl. She's staring - no, glaring at you." Laughing, she pulled away as the song ended.

"Great chatting with you, really. Next time if you want to know something about Mei though, just ask her." With one more smile, she left to go find her nerd. Finding him in a corner drinking by himself she approached with a friendly expression. "What did Carlos want?" he asked, to that she grinned "Nothing that had anything to do with me," a relieved expression crossed his face, managing to make her laugh. The two proceeded to get wrapped up in a conversation and soon forgot about those around them.

---

Mei looked across the room and spotted Merideth and Kenny talking up a storm, proud of her handy work she went back to her conversation with an interesting young man who planned on being 'The CEO of Delta'. How? he had yet to figure out. Seeing someone so confident and hopeful made her want to smile.

Carlos listened as Meredith discussed Mei. So, she was a soccer player...until. He glanced Mei's way briefly, she was caught up in conversation. A soccer player huh? He wondered about the 'incident', that would be something to pick at later. He chuckled at Meredith's comment about him acting like a kid, most people found his boyish attitude charming. As the song came to an end he was about to escort Meredith back to bowtie but, he already felt the heat on his back and Meredith pointed it out. "Shit..." he muttered softly knowing who was behind him. Before he could say anything else to Meredith she had walked off. Carlos turned on his heels to see Cindy standing there looking all hot as hell with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Cindy, you look stunning." He said in a breathless fashion, her glare deepened as he stepped towards her putting and arm around her shoulder. She shrugged it off and grabbed his hand pulling him out from the dance floor off to a quieter area. Carlos allowed Cindy to pull him along but already started to regret that decision as she pulled him to the area Mei was standing. It had a little hallway near it that was empty. "Excuse me," Cindy said as she pushed herself, and pulled Carlos, right through the conversation. Cindy wasn't a freshman, she was a junior going for a degree in Political Science, hence why she stood out, you know aside from dressing like she was going to an upscale bar, not a freshmen mixer.

Cindy pulled Carlos into the hallway, he tried to avoid eye contact with Mei as they went by. "Carlos we were going for coffee and then I wanted to take you to Politicos." It was an off-campus bar that was known for its more upscale clientele. "I said fine to the change of scene. I get it, your little friends are here but then you don't answer your phone." She barked at him not caring who was watching them. Carlos ran his hand on the back of his neck as he looked down to her. "Sorry, the music was a little loud..." He reached into his back pocket to pull out his phone which showed the missed text and calls. Cindy examined the phone a little agitated but she let out a soft huff. He hadn't seen the text or calls, it's not like he was intentionally ditching her. "We can go somewhere else if you'd like," Carlos said as he leaned against the wall next to her. His arm was over her head as he closed the space between them. Cindy had her back pressed against the wall, her arms were crossed over her chest and one of her heels was pressed up against the wall. Standing there the two looked like they were posing for a fashion magazine, the two looked like well-practiced models. A small smirk pulled at the side of her lip as he whispered in her ear. "Fine, get me a drink, rum and coke, and then I'll decide what we do next." Carlos leaned up straightening himself out as he nodded. He took one of her hands unfolding it from her crossed arms and gave it a little kiss which made Cindy smirk more.

Carlos left her in the hallway as he walked out knowing Mei and her present company were probably watching the little 'moment' unfold. Cindy watched as Carlos left and looked fairly smug. He was a cute freshman with a bright future, he was her ticket to a comfortable life as a trophy wife. He just needed to grow up a bit and listen to her more.

Mood: Lucky & Uncertain Location: Mixer​

Last edited:
Mei raised an eyebrow at Carlos and his 'lady friend' people like that always got under her skin. Then again, it wasn't right for her to judge anyone - she didn't really know either of them. Still, they were awfully rude. Turning her back on them she continued her conversation "So you said you're a business major?" She said, tilting her head as he went on and on about his major and how he plans on going to grad school, even if he was just a freshman.

Everything he said kind of turned to white noise as she overheard Carlos' conversation, how interesting she thought, shaking her head. Max, the guy she was talking to nudged her "Interesting, isn't it?" without thinking she nodded, and even if she didn't she'd be lying. "You know Mei, I didn't take you as the type to fawn over a jock like him,"

Unfourtunently for her she was in the middle of taking a sip of her drink when he decided to make that comment, nearly choking on said drink she stammered a surprised "What?" in response, she got a knowing smirk "All girls are the same, aren't they? Or at least, they can't deny someone like him." He sounded tired and somewhat upset, which made her heart somewhat hurt. It was clear he's been outshined by 'jocks' once or twice before. Bumping him with her shoulder she smiled up at his startled expression. "Well you're wrong, jocks aren't my type - least of all Carlos. Anyway, things are getting a bit too gloomy for my taste so lets hit the dance floor, shall we? I think I've recovered enough energy to go again." She said chuckling, not nearly as tired as she was last time she stepped off said dance floor - besides, she wanted to check up on Merideth.

She watched a smile spread on his face as he happily agreed, leading the two to the mass of moving bodies in the center of the living room.

Carlos made his way to the drink mixing up Cindy's drink. He sipped from the coke can and took the red solo cup in hand. Turning from the drinks table he made his way back to the dance floor to walk around it back to Cindy. Cindy was waiting for Carlos to return as she watched a girl and guy nearby walk off to the dance floor. The girl was wearing a boot over her leg, ouch. That had to be a pain to dance in, Cindy thought as she opened her purse to pull out a stick of gum. She leaned against the wall watching the bodies on the dance floor move and shake, though it wasn't her scene it was enjoyable to watch others getting down.

Carlos made his way through the dancing throngs back to Cindy handing her the red solo cup. She took a sip of her drink as Carlos sipped the coke. "So..." Carlos trailed as Cindy smirked sipping from her cup. "We can go for a little dance. Can't let a girl with a boot have a better time than me." She said with a little laugh, the girl with the boot was having a great time so Cindy might as well try to relax and enjoy at least a dance or two. Carlos smiled when she mentioned dancing but his smile failed slightly when she mentioned the girl with the boot. Before he could say anything she grabbed his hand dragging him out to the dance floor.

Cindy didn't pull them into the crowd but off to the side where she could enjoy some space to dance and have a good time. Carlos relaxed trying to forget how close Mei was and just enjoy Cindy who was pressing herself up against him.

Mood: Lucky & Uncertain Location: Mixer​

"You know, even with that boot of yours, you're still a pretty good dancer," Max said, watching Mei's body easily sway to the beat as if the weight and clunkiness of her boot were nothing to her. A chuckle escaped her lips as she explained, "I took dance lessons when I was younger, and I've had this thing for a while so it doesn't bother me as much. I'm getting it off in two days not counting today," Her excitement for the second part was evident with her change in voice and overall demeanor, it was quite cute. Then again, he wasn't really going after her, he swore off dating a month or two ago for the rest of the year and was determined to stick with it.

Mei let her body relax and continued to dance, carrying a light conversation with this Max character. He was very friendly and quite charming, she was determined to make him a friend. Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Carlos dancing with a girl, both of whom seemed to be having a fun time. Making the decision not to care, she looked away back to Max and laughed lightheartedly at one of his cheesy jokes.

Even after making the decision to banish Carlos from her thoughts he managed to weasel his way bag in them, nonetheless, her smile stayed firm and eyes never wandering back to him. It was odd and it bothered her, the last thing she should ever think about was Carlos. It was ridiculous and made little to no sense at all. "If you want, I could give you dance lessons," Mei giggled, watching him awkwardly trying to keep up. A smirk covered her face as Max shot her a dirty yet playful look before shaking his head at her, "Maybe I'll take you up that but Mei if you do choose to take me on as a student you will regret it," She laughed before saying, "Thanks for the heads up,"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back